Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on myosin heavy chains in Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Locale: Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Topic: myosin heavy chains
- Li Y, Zhu G, Paolocci N, Zhang P, Takahashi C, Okumus N, et al. Heart Failure-Related Hyperphosphorylation in the Cardiac Troponin I C Terminus Has Divergent Effects on Cardiac Function In Vivo. Circ Heart Fail. 2017;10: pubmed publisher..However, paradoxically, it preserves heart function after ischemia/reperfusion injury, potentially by decreasing proteolysis of cTnI. ..
- Porter J, Hicks J, Williams D, Montell C. Differential localizations of and requirements for the two Drosophila ninaC kinase/myosins in photoreceptor cells. J Cell Biol. 1992;116:683-93 pubmed..This suggests that the p174 myosin-I type tail is the domain responsible for association with the rhabdomeres and that the substrate for the p174 putative kinase may be a rhabdomeric protein important in photo-transduction. ..
- Iizuka Y, Mooneyham A, Sieben A, Chen K, Maile M, Hellweg R, et al. UNC-45A is required for neurite extension via controlling NMII activation. Mol Biol Cell. 2017;28:1337-1346 pubmed publisher..Collectively our results provide novel insights into the molecular mechanisms of neurite growth and define UNC-45A as a novel and master regulator of NMII-mediated cellular processes in neurons. ..
- Gupta A, Schell M, Bhattacharjee A, Lutsenko S, Hubbard A. Myosin Vb mediates Cu+ export in polarized hepatocytes. J Cell Sci. 2016;129:1179-89 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that reduced hepatic Cu(+) clearance in idiopathic non-Wilsonian types of disease might be associated with the loss of function of myosin Vb. ..
- Xu J, Gao J, Li J, Xue L, Clark K, Ekker S, et al. Functional analysis of slow myosin heavy chain 1 and myomesin-3 in sarcomere organization in zebrafish embryonic slow muscles. J Genet Genomics. 2012;39:69-80 pubmed publisher..Together, these studies indicate that myosin thick filaments are required for M-line organization and M-line localization of myomesin-3. In contrast, myomesin-3 is dispensable for sarcomere organization in slow muscles...
- Dunn T, Chen S, Faith D, Hicks J, Platz E, Chen Y, et al. A novel role of myosin VI in human prostate cancer. Am J Pathol. 2006;169:1843-54 pubmed..These results support that myosin VI is critical in maintaining the malignant properties of the majority of human prostate cancers diagnosed today. ..
- Pinheiro E, Montell D. Requirement for Par-6 and Bazooka in Drosophila border cell migration. Development. 2004;131:5243-51 pubmed..Taken together, these results indicate that cells need not lose apical/basal polarity in order to invade neighboring tissues and in some cases even require such polarity for proper motility. ..
- Lee S, Montell C. Light-dependent translocation of visual arrestin regulated by the NINAC myosin III. Neuron. 2004;43:95-103 pubmed..These data demonstrate that the light-dependent translocation of Arr2 into the rhabdomeres requires PI-mediated interactions between Arr2 and the NINAC myosin III. ..
- Li Z, Lehar M, Nakagawa H, Hoh J, Flint P. Differential expression of myosin heavy chain isoforms between abductor and adductor muscles in the human larynx. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2004;130:217-22 pubmed..This study examines the differential expression of myosin heavy chain (MyHC) components in human laryngeal muscle groups...
- Bernardin F, Yang Y, Civin C, Friedman A. c-Myc overcomes cell cycle inhibition by CBFbeta-SMMHC, a myeloid leukemia oncoprotein. Cancer Biol Ther. 2002;1:492-6 pubmed..In a subset of CBF leukemias, elevated expression of c-Myc is expected to facilitate the proliferation of the leukemic blasts and thereby potentiate the ability of CBF oncoproteins to block differentiation. ..
- Geisbrecht E, Montell D. Myosin VI is required for E-cadherin-mediated border cell migration. Nat Cell Biol. 2002;4:616-20 pubmed..Multiple biochemical mechanisms may exist, therefore, for cadherins to associate with diverse unconventional myosins that are required for normal stereocilium formation or maintenance. ..
- Porter J, Yu M, Doberstein S, Pollard T, Montell C. Dependence of calmodulin localization in the retina on the NINAC unconventional myosin. Science. 1993;262:1038-42 pubmed..A general function of unconventional myosins may be to control the subcellular distribution of calmodulin. ..
- Porter J, Minke B, Montell C. Calmodulin binding to Drosophila NinaC required for termination of phototransduction. EMBO J. 1995;14:4450-9 pubmed..These results suggest that calmodulin binding to both C1 and C2 is required in vivo for termination of phototransduction. ..