Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on molecular cloning in Bethesda, Maryland, United States
Locale: Bethesda, Maryland, United States
Topic: molecular cloning
- Lu J, Notkins A, Lan M. Isolation, sequence and expression of a novel mouse brain cDNA, mIA-2, and its relatedness to members of the protein tyrosine phosphatase family. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1994;204:930-6 pubmed
- Wu T, Ikezono T, Angus C, Shelhamer J. Characterization of the promoter for the human 85 kDa cytosolic phospholipase A2 gene. Nucleic Acids Res. 1994;22:5093-8 pubmed..The characterization of the human cPLA2 promoter sequence will allow further studies defining the molecular events regulating the expression of the cPLA2 enzyme, especially the cytokine mediated cPLA2 gene expression. ..
- Zullo S, Butler L, Zahorchak R, Macville M, Wilkes C, Merril C. Localization by fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) of human mitochondrial polymerase gamma (POLG) to human chromosome band 15q24-->q26, and of mouse mitochondrial polymerase gamma (Polg) to mouse chromosome band 7E, with confirmation by dir. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1997;78:281-4 pubmed..Direct sequencing of the BAC DNA without subcloning confirmed the presence of both human POLG and mouse mitochondrial DNA polymerase gamma (Polg) in the respective BACs. ..
- Reddy P, Peterkofsky A, McKenney K. Hyperexpression and purification of Escherichia coli adenylate cyclase using a vector designed for expression of lethal gene products. Nucleic Acids Res. 1989;17:10473-88 pubmed..The soluble adenylate cyclase was purified to near homogeneity. ..
- Miura K, Jacques K, Stauffer S, Kubosaki A, Zhu K, Hirsch D, et al. ARAP1: a point of convergence for Arf and Rho signaling. Mol Cell. 2002;9:109-19 pubmed..The Arf GAP and Rho GAP activities both contributed to inhibiting cell spreading. Thus, ARAP1 is a PIP3-dependent Arf GAP that regulates Arf-, Rho-, and Cdc42-dependent cell activities. ..
- Jung Y, Wu T, Kozak C. Novel host range and cytopathic variant of ecotropic Friend murine leukemia virus. J Virol. 2004;78:12189-97 pubmed..dunni and hamster cells have variant CAT-1 receptors, these results suggest that syncytium formation as well as altered host range may be a consequence of altered interaction between virus and receptor...
- Goh S, Lee Y, Bhanu N, Cam M, Desper R, Martin B, et al. A newly discovered human alpha-globin gene. Blood. 2005;106:1466-72 pubmed..These results suggest the human genome encodes a previously unrecognized globin member of the avian alpha-D family that is transcribed in a highly regulated pattern in erythroid cells. ..
- Chill L, Trinh L, Azadi P, Ishihara M, Sonon R, Karnaukhova E, et al. Production, purification, and characterization of human alpha1 proteinase inhibitor from Aspergillus niger. Biotechnol Bioeng. 2009;102:828-44 pubmed publisher..The Galactofuranose-containing high-mannnose type N-glycans are typical structures, which recently have been found as part of several glycoproteins produced by Aspergillus niger. ..
- Miyamoto T, Fiorenza M, Zhao Y, Hasuike S, Westphal H. Molecular cloning and expression analysis of MPP alpha-2, a novel mouse transcript detected in a differential screen of pituitary libraries. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2002;1577:109-12 pubmed..Northern and in situ hybridization analysis revealed differential expression patterns of these two transcripts in the embryo and in the adult organism, suggesting an elaborate regulation of the MPP alpha gene. ..
- Warner D, Weinstein L. A mutation in the heterotrimeric stimulatory guanine nucleotide binding protein alpha-subunit with impaired receptor-mediated activation because of elevated GTPase activity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:4268-72 pubmed..This is an example of a mutation in a heterotrimeric G protein that results in an increased intrinsic GTPase activity and provides another mechanism by which G protein mutations can impair signal transduction. ..
- Wang Y, Kedei N, Wang M, Wang Q, Huppler A, Toth A, et al. Interaction between protein kinase Cmu and the vanilloid receptor type 1. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:53674-82 pubmed..6) Mutation of S116A in rVR1 blocked both the phosphorylation of rVR1 by PKCmu and the enhancement by PKCmu of the rVR1 response to capsaicin. We conclude that PKCmu functions as a direct modulator of rVR1. ..
- Bengel D, Johren O, Andrews A, Heils A, Mossner R, Sanvitto G, et al. Cellular localization and expression of the serotonin transporter in mouse brain. Brain Res. 1997;778:338-45 pubmed..In contrast to previous findings in rat brain, the highest densities of 5-HTT sites were found in areas outside the raphe complex, particularly in the substantia nigra, globus pallidus, and superior colliculi. ..
- Beeler J, Patel B, Chedid M, LaRochelle W. Cloning and characterization of the mouse homolog of the human A6 gene. Gene. 1997;193:31-7 pubmed
- Suh J, Iwahara J, Clore G. Intramolecular domain-domain association/dissociation and phosphoryl transfer in the mannitol transporter of Escherichia coli are not coupled. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:3153-8 pubmed
- Zhan S, Kozak C, Chanock S. Cloning and chromosomal localization of ncf4, the mouse homologue of p40-phox. Immunogenetics. 1997;45:217-9 pubmed
- Rosenberg H, Dyer K. Molecular cloning and characterization of a novel human ribonuclease (RNase k6): increasing diversity in the enlarging ribonuclease gene family. Nucleic Acids Res. 1996;24:3507-13 pubmed..The identification and characterization of RNase k6 has extended the ribonuclease gene family and suggests the possibility that there are others awaiting discovery. ..
- Brady J, Piatigorsky J. Cloning and characterization of a novel zinc-finger protein-encoding cDNA from the mouse eye lens. Gene. 1993;124:207-14 pubmed..The stably transformed cells did not differ in appearance from untransformed cells, and an analysis of proteins from transformed and untransformed cells failed to detect any differences resulting from over-expression of the pMLZ-4 mRNA. ..
- Bharti K, Debbache J, Wang X, Arnheiter H. The basic-helix-loop-helix-leucine zipper gene Mitf: analysis of alternative promoter choice and splicing. Methods Mol Biol. 2010;647:237-50 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we here describe methods employed to quantitate exon inclusion and exclusion, using as example a mouse transcription factor gene, Mitf. ..
- Ni B, Rosteck P, Nadi N, Paul S. Cloning and expression of a cDNA encoding a brain-specific Na(+)-dependent inorganic phosphate cotransporter. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1994;91:5607-11 pubmed..Together, these data demonstrate the presence of a specific neuronal Na(+)-dependent transport system for Pi in brain. ..
- Tsarev S, Emerson S, Reyes G, Tsareva T, Legters L, Malik I, et al. Characterization of a prototype strain of hepatitis E virus. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1992;89:559-63 pubmed..Identification of this region as hypervariable was obtained by partial sequencing of a third isolate of hepatitis E virus from Kirgizia...
- Zhi N, Z dori Z, Brown K, Tijssen P. Construction and sequencing of an infectious clone of the human parvovirus B19. Virology. 2004;318:142-52 pubmed publisher..Together, these results indicate the first successful production of an infectious clone for parvovirus B19 virus...
- Choi O, Park C, Itoh K, Adelstein R, Beaven M. Cloning of the cDNA encoding rat myosin heavy chain-A and evidence for the absence of myosin heavy chain-B in cultured rat mast (RBL-2H3) cells. J Muscle Res Cell Motil. 1996;17:69-77 pubmed
- Donadel G, Marinos N, DeSilva M, Lu J, Notkins A, Lan M. Molecular cloning and characterization of a highly basic protein, IA-4, expressed in pancreatic islets and brain. Neuroendocrinology. 1998;67:190-6 pubmed..The high expression of IA-4 protein in neuroendocrine cells and its unique amino acid sequence suggest that IA-4 may have an important, but still undetermined, function in these special cell types. ..
- Valenzuela J, Ribeiro J. Purification and cloning of the salivary nitrophorin from the hemipteran Cimex lectularius. J Exp Biol. 1998;201:2659-64 pubmed..Because C. lectularius and R. prolixus belong to two different families of Hemiptera that evolved independently to blood feeding, a case is made for the convergent evolution of these two insect nitrophorins...
- Idol J, Addington A, Long R, Rapoport J, Green E. Sequencing and analyzing the t(1;7) reciprocal translocation breakpoints associated with a case of childhood-onset schizophrenia/autistic disorder. J Autism Dev Disord. 2008;38:668-77 pubmed..Our efforts provide sequence-based information about a schizophrenia/autism-associated translocation, and may facilitate future studies investigating the genetic bases of these disorders. ..
- Day A, McQuillan C, Termine J, Young M. Molecular cloning and sequence analysis of the cDNA for small proteoglycan II of bovine bone. Biochem J. 1987;248:801-5 pubmed..Nucleotide homology between bone and fibroblast core proteins was 87% and amino acid homology was 90%. ..
- Domi A, Moss B. Cloning the vaccinia virus genome as a bacterial artificial chromosome in Escherichia coli and recovery of infectious virus in mammalian cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:12415-20 pubmed..Rescue of infectious VAC was consistently achieved by transfecting the VAC-BAC plasmids into mammalian cells that were infected with a helper nonreplicating fowlpox virus. ..
- Jensen M, Audolfsson T, Factor V, Thorgeirsson S. In vivo expression and genomic organization of the mouse cyclin I gene (Ccni). Gene. 2000;256:59-67 pubmed..Our results indicate that despite the close structural similarity between cyclin G1, G2 and I, these three proteins are likely to have distinct biological roles. ..
- Horii Y, Beeler J, Sakaguchi K, Tachibana M, Miki T. A novel oncogene, ost, encodes a guanine nucleotide exchange factor that potentially links Rho and Rac signaling pathways. EMBO J. 1994;13:4776-86 pubmed..Of the tissues examined, expression of ost was the highest in brain and could be localized to neurons and alpha-tanycytes, suggesting that Ost may participate in axonal transport in these specialized cells. ..
- Sood R, Makalowska I, Carpten J, Robbins C, Stephan D, Connors T, et al. The human RGL (RalGDS-like) gene: cloning, expression analysis and genomic organization. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2000;1491:285-8 pubmed..Northern blot analysis shows that human RGL is expressed in a wide variety of tissues with strong expression being seen in the heart, brain, kidney, spleen and testis. ..
- Jin D, Jeang K. Isolation of full-length cDNA and chromosomal localization of human NF-kappaB modulator NEMO to Xq28. J Biomed Sci. 1999;6:115-20 pubmed..This map location is further supported by the sequence of an alternatively spliced variant of human NEMO mRNA. Thus, human NEMO is an X-linked gene closely adjacent to the G6PD locus. ..
- Wong M, Xin W, Duman R. Rat LCR1: cloning and cellular distribution of a putative chemokine receptor in brain. Mol Psychiatry. 1996;1:133-40 pubmed..The finding that LCR1 is expressed in the adult indicates that this receptor influences neuronal function at times after maturation of the brain. ..
- Kincaid R, Nightingale M, Martin B. Characterization of a cDNA clone encoding the calmodulin-binding domain of mouse brain calcineurin. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1988;85:8983-7 pubmed..Thus, the structure of calcineurin is chimeric, consisting of conserved catalytic elements and a regulatory CaM-binding domain. ..
- Wank S, Harkins R, Jensen R, Shapira H, De Weerth A, Slattery T. Purification, molecular cloning, and functional expression of the cholecystokinin receptor from rat pancreas. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1992;89:3125-9 pubmed..In vitro transcripts of the cDNA clone were functionally expressed in Xenopus oocytes and displayed the expected agonist and antagonist specificity. ..
- Zhao F, Adachi K, Oka T. Involvement of Oct-1 in transcriptional regulation of beta-casein gene expression in mouse mammary gland. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2002;1577:27-37 pubmed..The binding activity in vivo can be induced by injection of progesterone or its combination with estradiol in virgin mice. ..
- Mock B, Krall M, Kozak C, Nesbitt M, McBride O, Renauld J, et al. IL9 maps to mouse chromosome 13 and human chromosome 5. Immunogenetics. 1990;31:265-70 pubmed..Analysis of chromosome 13 alleles for Tcrg, Dhfr, and Il-9 in an interspecific cross between Mus musculus and NFS/N or C58/J mice indicates that IL9 is distal to Tcrg and proximal to Dhfr. ..
- Kawakami Y, Eliyahu S, Delgado C, Robbins P, Rivoltini L, Topalian S, et al. Cloning of the gene coding for a shared human melanoma antigen recognized by autologous T cells infiltrating into tumor. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1994;91:3515-9 pubmed..Identification of this gene opens possibilities for the development of immunotherapies for patients with melanoma. ..
- Bray P, Lichter P, Thiesen H, Ward D, Dawid I. Characterization and mapping of human genes encoding zinc finger proteins. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1991;88:9563-7 pubmed..The results of these analyses support the conclusion that the human genome contains many, probably several hundred, zinc finger genes with consensus H/C link regions. ..
- Padilla P, Chang M, Pacheco Rodriguez G, Adamik R, Moss J, Vaughan M. Interaction of FK506-binding protein 13 with brefeldin A-inhibited guanine nucleotide-exchange protein 1 (BIG1): effects of FK506. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:2322-7 pubmed..These findings are consistent with a role for FKBP13 and FK506 in vesicular trafficking, influencing ARF activity through their guanine nucleotide-exchange proteins. ..
- Shan Z, Haaf T, Popescu N. Identification and characterization of a gene encoding a putative mouse Rho GTPase activating protein gene 8, Arhgap8. Gene. 2003;303:55-61 pubmed..Northern blot and RT-PCR analyses showed that a transcript of approximately 1.9 kb is ubiquitously expressed in various adult mouse tissues with particularly strong expression in kidney. ..
- Murphy P, Tiffany H. Cloning of complementary DNA encoding a functional human interleukin-8 receptor. Science. 1991;253:1280-3 pubmed
- Robbins P, el Gamil M, Li Y, Topalian S, Rivoltini L, Sakaguchi K, et al. Cloning of a new gene encoding an antigen recognized by melanoma-specific HLA-A24-restricted tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes. J Immunol. 1995;154:5944-50 pubmed..This clone also appeared to represent a transcript of the p15 gene, indicating that this gene may encode the predominant Ag recognized by TIL 1290. ..
- Nussbaum R, Orrison B, Jänne P, Charnas L, Chinault A. Physical mapping and genomic structure of the Lowe syndrome gene OCRL1. Hum Genet. 1997;99:145-50 pubmed
- Chen D, Guo J, Miki T, Tachibana M, Gahl W. Molecular cloning of two novel rab genes from human melanocytes. Gene. 1996;174:129-34 pubmed..Both rab mRNAs displayed a nearly ubiquitous pattern of expression in the various tissues examined. Rab22b and rab30 were mapped to chromosomes 18 and 11, respectively. ..
- Green S, Malkovska I, O Sullivan M, Brown K. Rhesus and pig-tailed macaque parvoviruses: identification of two new members of the erythrovirus genus in monkeys. Virology. 2000;269:105-12 pubmed..Both viruses have been cloned and over 5000 nucleotides sequenced from each virus. The viruses show marked similarities to other members of the Erythrovirus genus in the Parvoviridae family...
- Si J, Borst D, Redmond T, Nickerson J. Cloning of cDNAs encoding human interphotoreceptor retinoid-binding protein (IRBP) and comparison with bovine IRBP sequences. Gene. 1989;80:99-108 pubmed..Thus, the human sequence is virtually full length, is similar to the bovine sequence, and contains a striking fourfold repeat. ..
- Corpe C, Bovelander F, Munoz C, Hoekstra J, Simpson I, Kwon O, et al. Cloning and functional characterization of the mouse fructose transporter, GLUT5. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2002;1576:191-7 pubmed
- Waterhouse R, Ha C, Dveksler G. Murine CD9 is the receptor for pregnancy-specific glycoprotein 17. J Exp Med. 2002;195:277-82 pubmed..We have identified the first receptor for a murine PSG as well as the first natural ligand for a member of the tetraspanin superfamily. ..
- Noskov V, Kouprina N, Leem S, Koriabine M, Barrett J, Larionov V. A genetic system for direct selection of gene-positive clones during recombinational cloning in yeast. Nucleic Acids Res. 2002;30:E8 pubmed..This method produces positive YAC recombinants at a frequency of approximately 40%. This novel TAR cloning method provides a powerful tool for structural and functional analysis of complex genomes...
- Choi K, Kim H, Lee S, Moon K, Sim S, Kim J, et al. Molecular cloning and expression of a complementary DNA for inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate 3-kinase. Science. 1990;248:64-6 pubmed..Expression of the cDNA in COS cells resulted in an approximately 150-fold increase in inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate 3-kinase activity of these cells. ..
- Burns A, Magendzo K, Shirvan A, Srivastava M, Rojas E, Alijani M, et al. Calcium channel activity of purified human synexin and structure of the human synexin gene. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1989;86:3798-802 pubmed..Analysis of the entire structure reveals possible insights into such diverse properties as voltage-sensitive calcium channel activity, ion selectivity, affinity for phospholipids, and membrane fusion. ..
- Weickert M, Adhya S. Isorepressor of the gal regulon in Escherichia coli. J Mol Biol. 1992;226:69-83 pubmed..Crosstalk, temporal action, induction spectrum or heteromer formation between repressor and isorepressor may help co-ordinate high affinity galactose transport and galactose utilization. ..
- Song S, Sorimachi K, Adachi K, Oka T. Biochemical and molecular biological evidence for the presence of type II iodothyronine deiodinase in mouse mammary gland. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2000;160:173-81 pubmed..In addition, we found the low level of DII enzyme activity and transcript in various other mouse tissues. ..
- Adler H, Belyantseva I, Merritt R, Frolenkov G, Dougherty G, Kachar B. Expression of prestin, a membrane motor protein, in the mammalian auditory and vestibular periphery. Hear Res. 2003;184:27-40 pubmed..We conclude that although prestin is expressed in VHCs, it is unlikely that it supports the form of somatic motility observed in OHCs. ..
- Woodhouse E, Fisher A, Bandle R, Bryant Greenwood B, Charboneau L, Petricoin E, et al. Drosophila screening model for metastasis: Semaphorin 5c is required for l(2)gl cancer phenotype. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:11463-8 pubmed..This study demonstrates that the power of Drosophila genetics can be applied to screen, identify, and characterize molecules that are functionally required for invasion and metastasis. ..
- Krause M, Park M, Zhang J, Yuan J, Harfe B, Xu S, et al. A C. elegans E/Daughterless bHLH protein marks neuronal but not striated muscle development. Development. 1997;124:2179-89 pubmed..These studies suggest multiple roles for CeE/DA in C. elegans development and provide evidence that both common and alternative strategies have evolved for the use of related HLH proteins in controlling cell fates in different species. ..
- Bertuzzi S, Porter F, Pitts A, Kumar M, Agulnick A, Wassif C, et al. Characterization of Lhx9, a novel LIM/homeobox gene expressed by the pioneer neurons in the mouse cerebral cortex. Mech Dev. 1999;81:193-8 pubmed..We show that both Lhx9 and Lhx2 bind the LIM domain binding protein Ldb1/Nli1/Clim2. ..
- Kim R, Gasser R, Wistow G. mu-crystallin is a mammalian homologue of Agrobacterium ornithine cyclodeaminase and is expressed in human retina. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1992;89:9292-6 pubmed
- Hochstenbach F, Klis F, van den Ende H, van Donselaar E, Peters P, Klausner R. Identification of a putative alpha-glucan synthase essential for cell wall construction and morphogenesis in fission yeast. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:9161-6 pubmed..These findings demonstrate that alpha-glucan is essential for fission yeast morphogenesis. ..
- Landsman D, McBride O, Bustin M. Human non-histone chromosomal protein HMG-17: identification, characterization, chromosome localization and RFLPs of a functional gene from the large multigene family. Nucleic Acids Res. 1989;17:2301-14 pubmed..RFLP's useful for further mapping were detected. The experimental evidence presented leads to the assumption that the gene characterized is the only functional human HMG-17 gene. ..
- Erickson J, Schafer M, Bonner T, Eiden L, Weihe E. Distinct pharmacological properties and distribution in neurons and endocrine cells of two isoforms of the human vesicular monoamine transporter. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:5166-71 pubmed
- Klion A, Raghavan N, Brindley P, Nutman T. Cloning and characterization of a species-specific repetitive DNA sequence from Loa loa. Mol Biochem Parasitol. 1991;45:297-305 pubmed..Species specificity of LL3M9REP was confirmed by amplification of the repetitive region using genomic DNA as a template in the polymerase chain reaction...
- Gustafsson K, Germana S, Hirsch F, Pratt K, LeGuern C, Sachs D. Structure of miniature swine class II DRB genes: conservation of hypervariable amino acid residues between distantly related mammalian species. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1990;87:9798-802 pubmed
- Romanienko P, Camerini Otero R. Cloning, characterization, and localization of mouse and human SPO11. Genomics. 1999;61:156-69 pubmed..Human SPO11 was also detected in several somatic tissues. Mouse Spo11 was localized to chromosome 2H4, and human SPO11 was localized to chromosome 20q13.2-q13.3, a region amplified in some breast and ovarian tumors. ..
- Zhang K, Kagan D, DuBois W, Robinson R, Bliskovsky V, Vass W, et al. Mndal, a new interferon-inducible family member, is highly polymorphic, suppresses cell growth, and may modify plasmacytoma susceptibility. Blood. 2009;114:2952-60 pubmed publisher..Mndal is highly polymorphic among inbred mouse strains, because it is absent in 10 of 24 strains. This polymorphism may have implications for other disease modifiers mapping to the same region...
- Mazuruk K, Schoen T, Chader G, Iwata T, Rodriguez I. Structural organization and chromosomal localization of the human ribosomal protein L9 gene. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1996;1305:151-62 pubmed..As assessed by Southern 'Zoo-blot' analysis and direct cDNA sequence comparison, the human ribosomal protein L9 gene, like other ribosomal protein genes, is highly conserved among mammals. ..
- Otterson G, Kaye F. A 'core ATPase', Hsp70-like structure is conserved in human, rat, and C. elegans STCH proteins. Gene. 1997;199:287-92 pubmed..The recognition that the truncated 'core ATPase' structure of the STCH molecule is conserved in human, rat, and C. elegans tissues suggests an important role for this unique member of the membrane-bound Hsp70 family. ..
- Xu C. cDNA cloning of a mouse factor that activates transcription from a metal response element of the mouse metallothionein-I gene in yeast. DNA Cell Biol. 1993;12:517-25 pubmed..The cDNA hybridizes to a 550-base mRNA that is constitutively expressed in mouse tissue culture cells. The ability of the mouse factor to activate transcription in yeast cells is dependent upon the carbon source. ..
- Lavorgna G, Karim F, Thummel C, Wu C. Potential role for a FTZ-F1 steroid receptor superfamily member in the control of Drosophila metamorphosis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1993;90:3004-8 pubmed..These results suggest a role for FTZ-F1 as a regulator of insect metamorphosis and underscore the repeated utilization of a regulatory protein for widely separate developmental pathways. ..
- Nightingale K, Dimitrov S, Reeves R, Wolffe A. Evidence for a shared structural role for HMG1 and linker histones B4 and H1 in organizing chromatin. EMBO J. 1996;15:548-61 pubmed..However, neither histone B4 nor HMG1 influence the DNase I or hydroxyl radical digestion of DNA within the nucleosome core. We suggest that HMG1/2 and histone B4 have a shared structural role in organizing linker DNA in the nucleosome. ..
- Rhodes C, Savagner P, Line S, Sasaki M, Chirigos M, Doege K, et al. Characterization of the promoter for the rat and human link protein gene. Nucleic Acids Res. 1991;19:1933-9 pubmed..These results indicate the presence of positive cisacting regulatory elements in both the promoter and first intron of the rat gene for link protein. ..
- Maitra R, Grigoryev D, Bera T, Pastan I, Lee B. Cloning, molecular characterization, and expression analysis of Copine 8. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;303:842-7 pubmed..Strongest expression of Copine 8 mRNA is seen in the prostate, heart, and brain. Taken together, this data suggest that Copine 8 may have an important role to play in prostate regulation and development. ..
- Davis J, Hassanzadeh S, Winitsky S, Lin H, Satorius C, Vemuri R, et al. The overall pattern of cardiac contraction depends on a spatial gradient of myosin regulatory light chain phosphorylation. Cell. 2001;107:631-41 pubmed..To demonstrate the importance of cardiac light chain phosphorylation, we cloned a myosin light chain kinase from a human heart and have identified a gain-in-function mutation in two individuals with cardiac hypertrophy...
- Li H, Liu Z, Nirenberg M. Kinesin-73 in the nervous system of Drosophila embryos. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:1086-91 pubmed..However, later in Drosophila embryo development, expression of the kinesin-73 gene becomes restricted mostly to the central and peripheral nervous systems. ..
- Yuan B, Yang Y, Keck Waggoner C, Zimonjic D, Thorgeirsson S, Popescu N. Assignment and cloning of mouse Arhgap7 to chromosome 8A4-B2, a conserved syntenic region of human chromosome 8p22-->p21. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1999;87:189-90 pubmed
- Dey B, Furlanetto R, Nissley S. Cloning of human p55 gamma, a regulatory subunit of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase, by a yeast two-hybrid library screen with the insulin-like growth factor-I receptor. Gene. 1998;209:175-83 pubmed..Our findings suggest that hp55 gamma interacts with the IGFIR and IR and may be involved in PI 3-kinase activation by these receptors. ..
- Mireskandari A, Reid R, Kashanchi F, Dittmer J, Li W, Brady J. Isolation of a cDNA clone, TRX encoding a human T-cell lymphotrophic virus type-I Tax1 binding protein. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1996;1306:9-13 pubmed..We have identified and characterized a Tax1 binding protein, TRX, by cDNA screening of a Jurkat T-cell cDNA library. TRX mRNA is ubiquitously expressed in human tissues tested and cell lines analyzed. ..
- Kawakami Y, Eliyahu S, Delgado C, Robbins P, Sakaguchi K, Appella E, et al. Identification of a human melanoma antigen recognized by tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes associated with in vivo tumor rejection. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1994;91:6458-62 pubmed
- Makalowska I, Sood R, Faruque M, Hu P, Robbins C, Eddings E, et al. Identification of six novel genes by experimental validation of GeneMachine predicted genes. Gene. 2002;284:203-13 pubmed..Our studies support the feasibility of identifying novel genes from regions of interest using draft human genome sequence. ..
- Kaur S, Abu Asab M, Abu Abab M, Singla S, Yeo S, Ramchandran R. Expression pattern for unc5b, an axon guidance gene in embryonic zebrafish development. Gene Expr. 2007;13:321-7 pubmed..A similar medial-lateral theme is observed in other neural structures such as the neural tube. Our expression analysis provides a starting point for studying the role of axon guidance genes in embryonic hindbrain patterning. ..
- Freeman L, Aragon Alcaide L, Strunnikov A. The condensin complex governs chromosome condensation and mitotic transmission of rDNA. J Cell Biol. 2000;149:811-24 pubmed..Thus, the rDNA array is the first identified set of DNA sequences specifically bound by condensin in vivo. The biological role of higher-order chromosome structure in S. cerevisiae is discussed. ..