Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mice in Bethesda, Maryland, United States
Locale: Bethesda, Maryland, United States
Publications1395 found, 100 shown here
- Ross R, Zhou M, Shen D, Fariss R, Ding X, Bojanowski C, et al. Immunological protein expression profile in Ccl2/Cx3cr1 deficient mice with lesions similar to age-related macular degeneration. Exp Eye Res. 2008;86:675-83 pubmed publisher..Moreover, since human AMD patients show similar immunopathological profiles, these results support the Ccl2(-/-)/Cx3cr1(-/-) as a suitable model for human AMD. ..
- Dyer K, Moser J, Czapiga M, Siegel S, Percopo C, Rosenberg H. Functionally competent eosinophils differentiated ex vivo in high purity from normal mouse bone marrow. J Immunol. 2008;181:4004-9 pubmed..Finally, differentiating bmEos are readily transfected with lentiviral vectors, suggesting a means for rapid production of genetically manipulated cells. ..
- Passeron T, Valencia J, Namiki T, Vieira W, Passeron H, Miyamura Y, et al. Upregulation of SOX9 inhibits the growth of human and mouse melanomas and restores their sensitivity to retinoic acid. J Clin Invest. 2009;119:954-63 pubmed publisher..Further, the effects of SOX9 on melanoma cell proliferation and RA sensitivity suggest the encouraging possibility of a noncytotoxic approach to the treatment of melanoma. ..
- Huter E, Stummvoll G, DiPaolo R, Glass D, Shevach E. Pre-differentiated Th1 and Th17 effector T cells in autoimmune gastritis: Ag-specific regulatory T cells are more potent suppressors than polyclonal regulatory T cells. Int Immunopharmacol. 2009;9:540-5 pubmed publisher..Thus, antigen-specific iTreg are potent suppressors of autoimmune gastritis induced by both, fully differentiated Th1 and Th17 effector cells. ..
- Steel J, Ramlogan C, Yu P, Sakai Y, Forni G, Waldmann T, et al. Interleukin-15 and its receptor augment dendritic cell vaccination against the neu oncogene through the induction of antibodies partially independent of CD4 help. Cancer Res. 2010;70:1072-81 pubmed publisher..Coexpression of IL-15 and IL-15Ralpha in an anticancer vaccine enhanced immune responses against the NEU antigen and may overcome impaired CD4(+) T-helper function. ..
- Kaler S. ATP7A-related copper transport diseases-emerging concepts and future trends. Nat Rev Neurol. 2011;7:15-29 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these insights refine our knowledge of the neurology of ATP7A-related copper transport diseases and pave the way for further progress in understanding ATP7A function. ..
- Boulanger C, Bruno R, Rosu Myles M, Smith G. The mouse mammary microenvironment redirects mesoderm-derived bone marrow cells to a mammary epithelial progenitor cell fate. Stem Cells Dev. 2012;21:948-54 pubmed publisher..Our evidence shows that the signals provided by the mammary microenvironment are capable of redirecting mesoderm-derived adult progenitor cells to produce functional MEC progeny. ..
- Callen E, Di Virgilio M, Kruhlak M, Nieto Soler M, Wong N, Chen H, et al. 53BP1 mediates productive and mutagenic DNA repair through distinct phosphoprotein interactions. Cell. 2013;153:1266-80 pubmed publisher..We conclude that 53BP1 promotes productive CSR and suppresses mutagenic DNA repair through distinct phosphodependent interactions with RIF1 and PTIP. ..
- Soyal S, Amleh A, Dean J. FIGalpha, a germ cell-specific transcription factor required for ovarian follicle formation. Development. 2000;127:4645-54 pubmed..The persistence of FIGalpha in adult females suggests that it may regulate additional pathways that are essential for normal ovarian development. ..
- Palmieri D, Horak C, Lee J, Halverson D, Steeg P. Translational approaches using metastasis suppressor genes. J Bioenerg Biomembr. 2006;38:151-61 pubmed..To date, medroxyprogesterone acetate (MPA) has been identified as a candidate compound for clinical testing. ..
- Jain A, Kovacs J, Nelson D, Migueles S, Pittaluga S, Fanslow W, et al. Partial immune reconstitution of X-linked hyper IgM syndrome with recombinant CD40 ligand. Blood. 2011;118:3811-7 pubmed publisher..This clinical study showed that rCD40L is capable of improving T cell-immune function in patients with XHM. ..
- Lu X, Gibbs J, Hickman H, David A, Dolan B, Jin Y, et al. Endogenous viral antigen processing generates peptide-specific MHC class I cell-surface clusters. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:15407-12 pubmed..We propose that endogenous processing generates peptide-specific clusters of class I molecules to maximize the sensitivity and speed of T-cell immunosurveillance. ..
- Tachibana M, Perez Jurado L, Nakayama A, Hodgkinson C, Li X, Schneider M, et al. Cloning of MITF, the human homolog of the mouse microphthalmia gene and assignment to chromosome 3p14.1-p12.3. Hum Mol Genet. 1994;3:553-7 pubmed..These studies will help to verify if any of the hereditary pigment disturbances in humans are due to mutations in this gene. ..
- Joe B, Remmers E, Dobbins D, Salstrom J, Furuya T, Dracheva S, et al. Genetic dissection of collagen-induced arthritis in Chromosome 10 quantitative trait locus speed congenic rats: evidence for more than one regulatory locus and sex influences. Immunogenetics. 2000;51:930-44 pubmed..Regulatory loci for multiple autoimmune/inflammatory diseases in rats (RNO10), mice (MMU11), and humans (HSA17 and HSA5q23-q31) map to chromosomal segments homologous to Cia5 and Cia5a. ..
- Blake T, Adya N, Kim C, Oates A, Zon L, Chitnis A, et al. Zebrafish homolog of the leukemia gene CBFB: its expression during embryogenesis and its relationship to scl and gata-1 in hematopoiesis. Blood. 2000;96:4178-84 pubmed..Our results indicate that cbfb is expressed in early hematopoietic progenitors and that its expression pattern in the hematopoietic mutants is similar to that of scl. (Blood. 2000;96:4178-4184) ..
- Zhao H, Cui Y, Dupont J, Sun H, Hennighausen L, Yakar S. Overexpression of the tumor suppressor gene phosphatase and tensin homologue partially inhibits wnt-1-induced mammary tumorigenesis. Cancer Res. 2005;65:6864-73 pubmed..This study identifies the PTEN as a therapeutic target for the treatment of mammary cancer and presumably other types of cancer. ..
- Zimonjic D, Liu J, Xu W, Zhou X, Popescu N, Shi G. Assignment of murine placental cathepsin R to mouse chromosome bands 13B2-B3 by fluorescence in situ hybridization. Cytogenet Genome Res. 2005;111:96 pubmed
- Blaney J, Sathe N, Goddard L, Hanson C, Romero T, Hanley K, et al. Dengue virus type 3 vaccine candidates generated by introduction of deletions in the 3' untranslated region (3'-UTR) or by exchange of the DENV-3 3'-UTR with that of DENV-4. Vaccine. 2008;26:817-28 pubmed publisher..In addition, rDEN3Delta30/31 had reduced replication in Toxorynchites mosquitoes following intrathoracic inoculation. The results are discussed in the context of vaccine development and the physical structure of the DENV 3'-UTR. ..
- Szabo R, Kosa P, List K, Bugge T. Loss of matriptase suppression underlies spint1 mutation-associated ichthyosis and postnatal lethality. Am J Pathol. 2009;174:2015-22 pubmed publisher..This study identifies matriptase suppression as an essential function of HAI-1 in postnatal tissue homeostasis. ..
- Wilson L, Wong S, Yu N, Geras Raaka E, Raaka B, Gershengorn M. Insulin but not glucagon gene is silenced in human pancreas-derived mesenchymal stem cells. Stem Cells. 2009;27:2703-11 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the INS gene in hIPCs is modified epigenetically ("silenced") so that it is resistant to activation by transcription factors. ..
- Hwang I, Park C, Harrision K, Huang N, Kehrl J. Variations in Gnai2 and Rgs1 expression affect chemokine receptor signaling and the organization of secondary lymphoid organs. Genes Immun. 2010;11:384-96 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that chemoattractant receptors, heterotrimeric G-proteins, and RGS protein expression levels have a complex interrelationship that affects the responses to chemoattractant exposure. ..
- Tanaka A, Cleland M, Xu S, Narendra D, Suen D, Karbowski M, et al. Proteasome and p97 mediate mitophagy and degradation of mitofusins induced by Parkin. J Cell Biol. 2010;191:1367-80 pubmed publisher..Inhibition of Drp1-mediated mitochondrial fission, the proteasome, or p97 prevents Parkin-induced mitophagy. ..
- Kim M, Lee K, Yang D, Shin D, Abramowitz J, Kiyonaka S, et al. Genetic and pharmacologic inhibition of the Ca2+ influx channel TRPC3 protects secretory epithelia from Ca2+-dependent toxicity. Gastroenterology. 2011;140:2107-15, 2115.e1-4 pubmed publisher..Pharmacologic inhibition of TRPC3 with the highly selective TRPC3 inhibitor Pyr3 might be developed for treatment of patients with acute pancreatitis and SjÃ¶gren syndrome. ..
- Hickman H, Li L, Reynoso G, Rubin E, Skon C, Mays J, et al. Chemokines control naive CD8+ T cell selection of optimal lymph node antigen presenting cells. J Exp Med. 2011;208:2511-24 pubmed publisher..Thus, virus-induced chemokines in DLNs enable antiviral CD8(+) T cells to distinguish DCs from macrophages to optimize T cell priming. ..
- Wolf R, Voscopoulos C, FitzGerald P, Goldsmith P, Cataisson C, Gunsior M, et al. The mouse S100A15 ortholog parallels genomic organization, structure, gene expression, and protein-processing pattern of the human S100A7/A15 subfamily during epidermal maturation. J Invest Dermatol. 2006;126:1600-8 pubmed..The regulation, expression pattern and crosslinking of mS100A15 are consistent with the characteristics of the human orthologs, providing a valid surrogate model to study changes in these proteins associated with cutaneous pathologies. ..
- Horvath A, Giatzakis C, Tsang K, GREENE E, Osorio P, Boikos S, et al. A cAMP-specific phosphodiesterase (PDE8B) that is mutated in adrenal hyperplasia is expressed widely in human and mouse tissues: a novel PDE8B isoform in human adrenal cortex. Eur J Hum Genet. 2008;16:1245-53 pubmed publisher..We conclude that PDE8B is another PDE gene linked to iMAD; it is a candidate causative gene for other adrenocortical lesions linked to the cAMP signaling pathway and possibly for tumors in other tissues. ..
- Junttila I, Mizukami K, Dickensheets H, Meier Schellersheim M, Yamane H, Donnelly R, et al. Tuning sensitivity to IL-4 and IL-13: differential expression of IL-4Ralpha, IL-13Ralpha1, and gammac regulates relative cytokine sensitivity. J Exp Med. 2008;205:2595-608 pubmed publisher..These findings provide an explanation for IL-13's principal function as an "effector" cytokine and IL-4's principal role as an "immunoregulatory" cytokine. ..
- Kim S, Power A, Brown T, Constance C, Coon S, Nishimura T, et al. Deletion of the secretory vesicle proteins IA-2 and IA-2beta disrupts circadian rhythms of cardiovascular and physical activity. FASEB J. 2009;23:3226-32 pubmed publisher..From these studies, we concluded that deletion of IA-2 and IA-2beta, structural proteins of secretory vesicles and modulators of neuroendocrine secretion, has a profound effect on the circadian system. ..
- Ji Y, Yang F, Papaleo F, Wang H, Gao W, Weinberger D, et al. Role of dysbindin in dopamine receptor trafficking and cortical GABA function. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:19593-8 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that dysbindin regulates PFC function by facilitating D2-mediated modulation of GABAergic function. ..
- Kumar T, Zhou S, Joshi B, Balasubramanian R, Yang T, Liang B, et al. Structure-activity relationship of (N)-Methanocarba phosphonate analogues of 5'-AMP as cardioprotective agents acting through a cardiac P2X receptor. J Med Chem. 2010;53:2562-76 pubmed publisher..Thus, we have greatly expanded the range of carbocyclic nucleotide analogues that represent potential candidates for the treatment of heart failure. ..
- Basselin M, Rosa A, Ramadan E, Cheon Y, Chang L, Chen M, et al. Imaging decreased brain docosahexaenoic acid metabolism and signaling in iPLA(2)? (VIA)-deficient mice. J Lipid Res. 2010;51:3166-73 pubmed publisher..Positron emission tomography might be used to image disturbed brain DHA metabolism in patients with PLA2G6 mutations. ..
- Patel G, Yee C, Yuspa S, Vogel J. A humanized stromal bed is required for engraftment of isolated human primary squamous cell carcinoma cells in immunocompromised mice. J Invest Dermatol. 2012;132:284-90 pubmed publisher..This model, which to our knowledge is previously unreported, can be used for drug testing, as well as for studies that are relevant to the biology of primary human SCCa and other epithelial cancers. ..
- Singh V, Wise S, Singh P, Posarac A, Fatanmi O, Ducey E, et al. Alpha-tocopherol succinate-mobilized progenitors improve intestinal integrity after whole body irradiation. Int J Radiat Biol. 2013;89:334-45 pubmed publisher..We suggest that this novel bridging therapeutic approach that involves the infusion of TS-mobilized hematopoietic progenitors following acute radiation injury might be applicable to humans as well. ..
- Roychoudhuri R, Hirahara K, Mousavi K, Clever D, Klebanoff C, Bonelli M, et al. BACH2 represses effector programs to stabilize T(reg)-mediated immune homeostasis. Nature. 2013;498:506-10 pubmed publisher..These findings identify BACH2 as a key regulator of CD4(+) T-cell differentiation that prevents inflammatory disease by controlling the balance between tolerance and immunity. ..
- Abe R, Kanagawa O, Sheard M, Malissen B, Foo Phillips M. Characterization of a new minor lymphocyte stimulatory system. I. Cluster of self antigens recognized by "I-E-reactive" V beta s, V beta 5, V beta 11, and V beta 12 T cell receptors for antigen. J Immunol. 1991;147:739-49 pubmed..Based on these observations, the nature of T cell recognition for this new Mls gene product(s) is discussed. ..
- Miki T, Fleming T, Bottaro D, Rubin J, Ron D, Aaronson S. Expression cDNA cloning of the KGF receptor by creation of a transforming autocrine loop. Science. 1991;251:72-5 pubmed..This expression cloning approach may be generally applicable to the isolation of genes that constitute limiting steps in mitogenic signaling pathways. ..
- Le Gros G, Ben Sasson S, Conrad D, Clark Lewis I, Finkelman F, Plaut M, et al. IL-3 promotes production of IL-4 by splenic non-B, non-T cells in response to Fc receptor cross-linkage. J Immunol. 1990;145:2500-6 pubmed
- Wijmenga C, Gregory P, Hajra A, Schrock E, Ried T, Eils R, et al. Core binding factor beta-smooth muscle myosin heavy chain chimeric protein involved in acute myeloid leukemia forms unusual nuclear rod-like structures in transformed NIH 3T3 cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:1630-5 pubmed..These observations confirm previous indirect evidence that the CBFbeta-SMMHC fusion protein is capable of forming macromolecular nuclear aggregates and suggests possible models for the mechanism of leukemic transformation. ..
- Doherty T, Sher A. Defects in cell-mediated immunity affect chronic, but not innate, resistance of mice to Mycobacterium avium infection. J Immunol. 1997;158:4822-31 pubmed..Surprisingly, inducible nitric oxide appears to be more important for the immunopathology than for the host resistance induced by this bacterial pathogen. ..
- Yu X, Lin C, Costantini F, Noguchi C. The human erythropoietin receptor gene rescues erythropoiesis and developmental defects in the erythropoietin receptor null mouse. Blood. 2001;98:475-7 pubmed
- Iezzi S, Cossu G, Nervi C, Sartorelli V, Puri P. Stage-specific modulation of skeletal myogenesis by inhibitors of nuclear deacetylases. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:7757-62 pubmed..These results represent the first evidence that DIs can enhance muscle differentiation and suggest the rationale for their use in manipulating adult and embryonic skeletal myogenesis. ..
- Yamanaka R, Zullo S, Ramsey J, Yajima N, Tsuchiya N, Tanaka R, et al. Marked enhancement of antitumor immune responses in mouse brain tumor models by genetically modified dendritic cells producing Semliki Forest virus-mediated interleukin-12. J Neurosurg. 2002;97:611-8 pubmed..Intratumorally injected DCs that have been transiently transduced with IL-12 do not require pulsing of a source of tumor antigens to induce tumor regression. ..
- Takahashi S, Saito T, Hisanaga S, Pant H, Kulkarni A. Tau phosphorylation by cyclin-dependent kinase 5/p39 during brain development reduces its affinity for microtubules. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:10506-15 pubmed..Our data suggest that tau phosphorylation by Cdk5 may provide the neuronal microtubules with dynamic properties in a region-specific and developmentally regulated manner. ..
- Potter M. Neoplastic development in plasma cells. Immunol Rev. 2003;194:177-95 pubmed..This mechanism is much less a factor in MM and the 5T model in mice. Genetically determined susceptibility is involved in many of the mouse models, but only a few genes have been implicated thus far. ..
- Shin M, Kim I, Inoue Y, Kimura S, Gonzalez F. Regulation of mouse hepatic alpha-amino-beta-carboxymuconate-epsilon-semialdehyde decarboxylase, a key enzyme in the tryptophan-nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide pathway, by hepatocyte nuclear factor 4alpha and peroxisome proliferator-activated recep. Mol Pharmacol. 2006;70:1281-90 pubmed..These results show that Wy-14,643, through PPARalpha, post-transcriptionally down-regulates HNF4alpha protein levels, leading to reduced expression of the HNF4alpha target gene Acmsd. ..
- Kuehl W. Modeling multiple myeloma by AID-dependent conditional activation of MYC. Cancer Cell. 2008;13:85-7 pubmed publisher..Although much remains to be done to fully characterize this model, this approach is likely to impact the creation of sporadic models for other kinds of germinal center B cell tumors. ..
- Leitner W, Baker M, Berenberg T, Lu M, Yannie P, Udey M. Enhancement of DNA tumor vaccine efficacy by gene gun-mediated codelivery of threshold amounts of plasmid-encoded helper antigen. Blood. 2009;113:37-45 pubmed publisher..This simple strategy can easily be incorporated into future vaccine trials in experimental animals and possibly in humans. ..
- Ledney G, Elliott T. Combined injury: factors with potential to impact radiation dose assessments. Health Phys. 2010;98:145-52 pubmed publisher..Because trauma to irradiated personnel and medical countermeasures may affect biodosimetric measurements, it will be necessary to quickly determine radiation dose in order to implement appropriate therapy. ..
- Kamikubo Y, Zhao L, Wunderlich M, Corpora T, Hyde R, Paul T, et al. Accelerated leukemogenesis by truncated CBF beta-SMMHC defective in high-affinity binding with RUNX1. Cancer Cell. 2010;17:455-68 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that RUNX1 dominant inhibition may not be a critical step for leukemogenesis by CBF beta-SMMHC. ..
- Furumoto Y, Charles N, Olivera A, Leung W, Dillahunt S, Sargent J, et al. PTEN deficiency in mast cells causes a mastocytosis-like proliferative disease that heightens allergic responses and vascular permeability. Blood. 2011;118:5466-75 pubmed publisher..Thus, Pten deletion in the mast cell compartment results in a mast cell proliferative phenotype in mice, demonstrating that dysregulation of PI3K signals is vital to the observed mast cell hyperplasia. ..
- Fujisawa T, Rubin B, Suzuki A, Patel P, Gahl W, Joshi B, et al. Cysteamine suppresses invasion, metastasis and prolongs survival by inhibiting matrix metalloproteinases in a mouse model of human pancreatic cancer. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e34437 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that cysteamine, an agent with a proven safety profile, may be useful for inhibition of metastasis and prolonging the survival of a host with pancreatic cancer. ..
- Lu X, Zhao X, Feng J, Liou A, Anthony S, Pechhold S, et al. Postprandial inhibition of gastric ghrelin secretion by long-chain fatty acid through GPR120 in isolated gastric ghrelin cells and mice. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2012;303:G367-76 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that meal-related increases in gastric mucosal LCFA interact with GPR120 on ghrelin cells to inhibit ghrelin secretion. ..
- Zhou B, Cai Q, Xie Y, Sheng Z. Snapin recruits dynein to BDNF-TrkB signaling endosomes for retrograde axonal transport and is essential for dendrite growth of cortical neurons. Cell Rep. 2012;2:42-51 pubmed publisher..Our study indicates that Snapin-dynein coupling is one of the primary mechanisms driving BDNF-TrkB retrograde transport, thus providing mechanistic insights into the regulation of neuronal growth and survival. ..
- Gabay O, Sanchez C, Dvir Ginzberg M, Gagarina V, Zaal K, Song Y, et al. Sirtuin 1 enzymatic activity is required for cartilage homeostasis in vivo in a mouse model. Arthritis Rheum. 2013;65:159-66 pubmed publisher..Hence, normal cartilage homeostasis requires enzymatically active SIRT-1 protein. ..
- Driver E, Sillers L, Coate T, Rose M, Kelley M. The Atoh1-lineage gives rise to hair cells and supporting cells within the mammalian cochlea. Dev Biol. 2013;376:86-98 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that the Atoh1-lineage is established early in cochlear development, but also show that expression of Atoh1 does not absolutely result in commitment to a HC fate. ..
- Webster M, Manor U, Lippincott Schwartz J, Fan C. Intravital Imaging Reveals Ghost Fibers as Architectural Units Guiding Myogenic Progenitors during Regeneration. Cell Stem Cell. 2016;18:243-52 pubmed publisher..This finding reinforces the need to fabricate bioengineered matrices that mimic living tissue matrices for tissue regeneration therapy. ..
- Swaminathan V, Fischer R, Waterman C. The FAK-Arp2/3 interaction promotes leading edge advance and haptosensing by coupling nascent adhesions to lamellipodia actin. Mol Biol Cell. 2016;27:1085-100 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results show that mechanistically separable functions of FAK in NA are required for cells to distinguish distinct properties of their environment during migration. ..
- Aprelikova O, Chen K, El Touny L, Brignatz Guittard C, Han J, Qiu T, et al. The epigenetic modifier JMJD6 is amplified in mammary tumors and cooperates with c-Myc to enhance cellular transformation, tumor progression, and metastasis. Clin Epigenetics. 2016;8:38 pubmed publisher..Given the pleiotropic pro-tumorigenic activities of JMJD6, it may be useful as a prognostic factor and a therapeutic target for Myc-driven mammary tumorigenesis. ..
- Mostbock S, Lutsiak M, Milenic D, Baidoo K, Schlom J, Sabzevari H. IL-2/anti-IL-2 antibody complex enhances vaccine-mediated antigen-specific CD8+ T cell responses and increases the ratio of effector/memory CD8+ T cells to regulatory T cells. J Immunol. 2008;180:5118-29 pubmed..This phenomenon can thus potentially be used in the enhancement of immune responses to vaccination. ..
- Chambers C, Russell P. Sequence of the human lens beta B2-crystallin-encoding cDNA. Gene. 1993;133:295-9 pubmed..It codes for a 23-kDa protein of 205 amino acid residues. Comparison of the overall nt and deduced aa sequences shows a greater similarity of h beta B2-cry to bovine beta B2-cry than to m beta B2-cry or rat beta B2-cry. ..
- Bengel D, Johren O, Andrews A, Heils A, Mossner R, Sanvitto G, et al. Cellular localization and expression of the serotonin transporter in mouse brain. Brain Res. 1997;778:338-45 pubmed..In contrast to previous findings in rat brain, the highest densities of 5-HTT sites were found in areas outside the raphe complex, particularly in the substantia nigra, globus pallidus, and superior colliculi. ..
- Wang J, Lenardo M. Roles of caspases in apoptosis, development, and cytokine maturation revealed by homozygous gene deficiencies. J Cell Sci. 2000;113 ( Pt 5):753-7 pubmed..These studies suggest that caspases function in cell signaling events including apoptosis, cell growth and differentiation. ..
- Bachelier R, Xu X, Wang X, Li W, Naramura M, Gu H, et al. Normal lymphocyte development and thymic lymphoma formation in Brca1 exon-11-deficient mice. Oncogene. 2003;22:528-37 pubmed..The loss of p53 attenuates apoptosis and allows accumulation of further mutations in Brca1-delta11 thymocytes, eventually leading to thymic lymphoma formation. ..
- Howcroft T, Raval A, Weissman J, Gegonne A, Singer D. Distinct transcriptional pathways regulate basal and activated major histocompatibility complex class I expression. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:3377-91 pubmed..We propose that transcription initiation at the core promoter is a dynamic process in which the mechanisms of core promoter function differ depending on the cellular environment. ..
- Geiszt M, Lekstrom K, Brenner S, Hewitt S, Dana R, Malech H, et al. NAD(P)H oxidase 1, a product of differentiated colon epithelial cells, can partially replace glycoprotein 91phox in the regulated production of superoxide by phagocytes. J Immunol. 2003;171:299-306 pubmed
- Feng C, Collazo Custodio C, Eckhaus M, Hieny S, Belkaid Y, Elkins K, et al. Mice deficient in LRG-47 display increased susceptibility to mycobacterial infection associated with the induction of lymphopenia. J Immunol. 2004;172:1163-8 pubmed..These findings establish a role for LRG-47 in host control of mycobacteria and demonstrate that in the context of the IFN-gamma response to persistent infection, LRG-47 can have downstream regulatory effects on lymphocyte survival. ..
- Wang J, Alvarez R, Roderiquez G, Guan E, Norcross M. Constitutive association of cell surface CCR5 and CXCR4 in the presence of CD4. J Cell Biochem. 2004;93:753-60 pubmed..Our data indicate that chemokine receptors interact with each other, which may modulate chemokine-chemokine receptor interactions and HIV-1 coreceptor functions. ..
- Wu X, Tsan G, Hammer J. Melanophilin and myosin Va track the microtubule plus end on EB1. J Cell Biol. 2005;171:201-7 pubmed..We suggest that the +TIP complex identified in this study may serve to focus the transfer of melanosomes from microtubules to actin at the microtubule plus end. ..
- Zhang M, Yao Z, Zhang Z, Garmestani K, Goldman C, Ravetch J, et al. Effective therapy for a murine model of human anaplastic large-cell lymphoma with the anti-CD30 monoclonal antibody, HeFi-1, does not require activating Fc receptors. Blood. 2006;108:705-10 pubmed..We demonstrated that the expression of FcRgamma on polymorphonuclear leukocytes and monocytes was not required for HeFi-1-mediated tumor growth inhibition in vivo, although it was required for daclizumab. ..
- Erman B, Alag A, Dahle O, Van Laethem F, Sarafova S, Guinter T, et al. Coreceptor signal strength regulates positive selection but does not determine CD4/CD8 lineage choice in a physiologic in vivo model. J Immunol. 2006;177:6613-25 pubmed
- Feng C, Weksberg D, Taylor G, Sher A, Goodell M. The p47 GTPase Lrg-47 (Irgm1) links host defense and hematopoietic stem cell proliferation. Cell Stem Cell. 2008;2:83-9 pubmed publisher..Our results establish a link between the response to infection and HSC activation and demonstrate a novel function for a member of the p47 GTPase family. ..
- Unoki M, Kumamoto K, Robles A, Shen J, Zheng Z, Harris C. A novel ING2 isoform, ING2b, synergizes with ING2a to prevent cell cycle arrest and apoptosis. FEBS Lett. 2008;582:3868-74 pubmed publisher..ING2a and ING2b have compensatory roles that protect cells from cell cycle arrest and apoptosis and may be involved in development of chemotherapeutic resistance. ..
- Kang S, McGavern D. Inflammation on the mind: visualizing immunity in the central nervous system. Curr Top Microbiol Immunol. 2009;334:227-63 pubmed publisher..This review will focus on how imaging techniques have elevated our understanding of CNS inflammation as well as the exciting prospects that lie ahead as we begin to pursue investigation of the inflamed CNS in real time. ..
- Yang L. TGFbeta, a potent regulator of tumor microenvironment and host immune response, implication for therapy. Curr Mol Med. 2010;10:374-80 pubmed
- Bao J, Scott I, Lu Z, Pang L, Dimond C, Gius D, et al. SIRT3 is regulated by nutrient excess and modulates hepatic susceptibility to lipotoxicity. Free Radic Biol Med. 2010;49:1230-7 pubmed publisher..This SIRT3-dependent lipotoxic susceptibility is possibly modulated, in part, by SIRT3-mediated control of electron transfer chain flux. ..
- Kotova S, Vijayasarathy C, Dimitriadis E, Ikonomou L, Jaffe H, Sieving P. Retinoschisin (RS1) interacts with negatively charged lipid bilayers in the presence of Ca2+: an atomic force microscopy study. Biochemistry. 2010;49:7023-32 pubmed publisher..Besides, changes in bilayer thickness suggested that Rs1 was partially embedded into the bilayer. These findings support a model whereby the Rs1 protein binds to PS in the retinal cell plasma membranes in a calcium-dependent manner. ..
- Das B, Dexheimer T, Maddali K, Pommier Y. Role of tyrosyl-DNA phosphodiesterase (TDP1) in mitochondria. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:19790-5 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings provide evidence for TDP1 as a novel mitochondrial enzyme...
- Bumb A, Regino C, Egen J, Bernardo M, Dobson P, Germain R, et al. Trafficking of a dual-modality magnetic resonance and fluorescence imaging superparamagnetic iron oxide-based nanoprobe to lymph nodes. Mol Imaging Biol. 2011;13:1163-72 pubmed publisher..Thus, SCION can potentially be developed for use in sentinel node resections or for intralymphatic drug delivery. ..
- Frankel T, Zhang L, Burns W, Zheng Z, Morgan R. The position of the AUG start codon in MFG-based ?-retroviral vectors has a dramatic effect on translation-dependent protein expression. J Gene Med. 2011;13:478-86 pubmed publisher..Little is known about the impact of variations in start codon location within MFG-based vectors on protein expression...
- Ravichandran V, Major E, Ibe C, Monaco M, Girisetty M, Hewlett I. Susceptibility of human primary neuronal cells to xenotropic murine leukemia virus-related (XMRV) virus infection. Virol J. 2011;8:443 pubmed publisher..In addition, XMRV-infected Jurkat cells were able to transmit infection to neuronal cells. These data suggest that neuronal cells are susceptible for XMRV infection. ..
- Liu J, Zhou L, Xiong K, Godlewski G, Mukhopadhyay B, Tam J, et al. Hepatic cannabinoid receptor-1 mediates diet-induced insulin resistance via inhibition of insulin signaling and clearance in mice. Gastroenterology. 2012;142:1218-1228.e1 pubmed publisher..Endocannabinoids contribute to diet-induced insulin resistance in mice via hepatic CB(1)-mediated inhibition of insulin signaling and clearance. ..
- Li F, Patterson A, Krausz K, Dick B, Frey F, Gonzalez F, et al. Metabolomics reveals the metabolic map of procainamide in humans and mice. Biochem Pharmacol. 2012;83:1435-44 pubmed publisher..Observations based on this metabolomic study offer clues to understanding procainamide-induced lupus in humans and the effect of P450s and FMOs on procainamide N-oxidation...
- Radomski K, Zhou Q, Yi K, Doughty M. Cortical contusion injury disrupts olfactory bulb neurogenesis in adult mice. BMC Neurosci. 2013;14:142 pubmed publisher..The data demonstrate a focal cortical contusion injury to the left somatosensory cortex disrupts SVZ-olfactory bulb neurogenesis and impairs olfactory discrimination and motor coordination in adult mice. ..
- Chang K, Pastan I. Molecular cloning and expression of a cDNA encoding a protein detected by the K1 antibody from an ovarian carcinoma (OVCAR-3) cell line. Int J Cancer. 1994;57:90-7 pubmed..This soluble protein is expressed only in cells containing the CAKI surface glycoprotein, suggesting that the 2 proteins could be structurally related. ..
- Karavanov A, Saint Jeannet J, Karavanova I, Taira M, Dawid I. The LIM homeodomain protein Lim-1 is widely expressed in neural, neural crest and mesoderm derivatives in vertebrate development. Int J Dev Biol. 1996;40:453-61 pubmed..These observations implicate the Xlim-1 gene in the specification of multiple cell lineages, particularly within the nervous system, and emphasize the conserved nature of the role of this gene in different vertebrate animals. ..
- Carroll I, Wang J, Howcroft T, Singer D. HIV Tat represses transcription of the beta 2-microglobulin promoter. Mol Immunol. 1998;35:1171-8 pubmed
- Negash S, Wang H, Gao C, Ledee D, Zelenka P. Cdk5 regulates cell-matrix and cell-cell adhesion in lens epithelial cells. J Cell Sci. 2002;115:2109-17 pubmed..In addition, Cdk5 overexpression decreased cell-cell adhesion as measured by a cell aggregation assay. These findings suggest that Cdk5 plays a role in regulating both cell-matrix and cell-cell interactions in the lens. ..