Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on membrane glycoproteins in Bethesda, Maryland, United States
Locale: Bethesda, Maryland, United States
Topic: membrane glycoproteins
Publications236 found, 100 shown here
- Kawaguchi M, Valencia J, Namiki T, Suzuki T, Hearing V. Diacylglycerol kinase regulates tyrosinase expression and function in human melanocytes. J Invest Dermatol. 2012;132:2791-9 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that DGK regulates melanogenesis via modulation of the posttranslational processing of tyrosinase, which may be related with the protein degradation machinery. ..
- Mochizuki H, Schwartz J, Tanaka K, Brady R, Reiser J. High-titer human immunodeficiency virus type 1-based vector systems for gene delivery into nondividing cells. J Virol. 1998;72:8873-83 pubmed..Using the improved vector system, we successfully transduced contact-inhibited primary human skin fibroblasts and postmitotic rat cerebellar neurons and cardiac myocytes, a process not affected by the lack of the accessory proteins. ..
- Curino A, Engelholm L, Yamada S, Holmbeck K, Lund L, Molinolo A, et al. Intracellular collagen degradation mediated by uPARAP/Endo180 is a major pathway of extracellular matrix turnover during malignancy. J Cell Biol. 2005;169:977-85 pubmed..These studies identify uPARAP/Endo180 as a key mediator of collagen turnover in a pathophysiological context. ..
- Dveksler G, Pensiero M, Dieffenbach C, Cardellichio C, Basile A, Elia P, et al. Mouse hepatitis virus strain A59 and blocking antireceptor monoclonal antibody bind to the N-terminal domain of cellular receptor. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1993;90:1716-20 pubmed
- Shapiro J, Sciaky N, Lee J, Bosshart H, Angeletti R, Bonifacino J. Localization of endogenous furin in cultured cell lines. J Histochem Cytochem. 1997;45:3-12 pubmed..Therefore, our results suggest that endogenous furin is predominantly localized to the area of the Golgi complex, most likely within the trans-Golgi network. ..
- Kramer P, Guerrero G, Krishnamurthy R, Mitchell P, Wray S. Ectopic expression of luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone and peripherin in the respiratory epithelium of mice lacking transcription factor AP-2alpha. Mech Dev. 2000;94:79-94 pubmed
- Chen W, Jin W, Tian H, Sicurello P, Frank M, Orenstein J, et al. Requirement for transforming growth factor beta1 in controlling T cell apoptosis. J Exp Med. 2001;194:439-53 pubmed..These findings may have broad implications not only for T cell selection and death in immune responses and in the generation of tolerance, but also for defining the mechanisms of programmed cell death in general. ..
- Chen W, Bennink J, Morton P, Yewdell J. Mice deficient in perforin, CD4+ T cells, or CD28-mediated signaling maintain the typical immunodominance hierarchies of CD8+ T-cell responses to influenza virus. J Virol. 2002;76:10332-7 pubmed..This points to intrinsic features of the T(CD8+) repertoire as major contributors to immunodominance. ..
- Zhao M, Gold L, Dorward H, Liang L, Hoodbhoy T, Boja E, et al. Mutation of a conserved hydrophobic patch prevents incorporation of ZP3 into the zona pellucida surrounding mouse eggs. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:8982-91 pubmed..The cleavage site that releases the ectodomain from the transmembrane domain was defined by mass spectrometry of native zonae pellucidae and lies N-terminal to a proprotein convertase site that is distinct from the hydrophobic patch. ..
- Lukashev D, Ohta A, Apasov S, Chen J, Sitkovsky M. Cutting edge: Physiologic attenuation of proinflammatory transcription by the Gs protein-coupled A2A adenosine receptor in vivo. J Immunol. 2004;173:21-4 pubmed
- Liu X, Taylor B, Sun G, Bosselut R. Analyzing expression of perforin, Runx3, and Thpok genes during positive selection reveals activation of CD8-differentiation programs by MHC II-signaled thymocytes. J Immunol. 2005;175:4465-74 pubmed..We conclude from these findings that MHC-II-signaled thymocytes remain competent to initiate CD8-specific gene expression even after CD8 down-regulation and that CD4 lineage differentiation is not fixed before the CD4 SP stage. ..
- Hassan R, Williams Gould J, Steinberg S, Liewehr D, Yokokawa J, Tsang K, et al. Tumor-directed radiation and the immunotoxin SS1P in the treatment of mesothelin-expressing tumor xenografts. Clin Cancer Res. 2006;12:4983-8 pubmed..Combination of SS1P with tumor-directed radiation results in enhanced antitumor activity against mesothelin-expressing tumor xenografts. This effect was seen when either low or high doses of radiation were used. ..
- Chu Y, Schmitz S, Choudhury B, Telford W, Kapoor V, Garfield S, et al. Exogenous insulin-like growth factor 1 enhances thymopoiesis predominantly through thymic epithelial cell expansion. Blood. 2008;112:2836-46 pubmed publisher..These results indicate the critical point thymic function regulation by IGF-1 involves TEC expansion regulating thymocyte precursor entry and facilitating thymocyte development. ..
- McMains V, Myre M, Kreppel L, Kimmel A. Dictyostelium possesses highly diverged presenilin/gamma-secretase that regulates growth and cell-fate specification and can accurately process human APP: a system for functional studies of the presenilin/gamma-secretase complex. Dis Model Mech. 2010;3:581-94 pubmed publisher
- Borkowski T, Nelson A, Farr A, Udey M. Expression of gp40, the murine homologue of human epithelial cell adhesion molecule (Ep-CAM), by murine dendritic cells. Eur J Immunol. 1996;26:110-4 pubmed..These results demonstrate that the putative homophilic adhesion molecule gp40 is expressed by subpopulations of DC in selected tissues; we propose that gp40 expression may have functional consequences for DC. ..
- Fowler D, Breglio J, Nagel G, Eckhaus M, Gress R. Allospecific CD8+ Tc1 and Tc2 populations in graft-versus-leukemia effect and graft-versus-host disease. J Immunol. 1996;157:4811-21 pubmed..7/40). Because in vitro-generated, alloreactive Tc1 and Tc2 populations mediated GVL with reduced GVHD, we conclude that both subsets may improve the therapeutic outcome of allogeneic T cell transfers in patients with leukemia. ..
- Wu X, Bowers B, Wei Q, Kocher B, Hammer J. Myosin V associates with melanosomes in mouse melanocytes: evidence that myosin V is an organelle motor. J Cell Sci. 1997;110 ( Pt 7):847-59 pubmed
- Aoki K, Kurooka M, Chen J, Petryniak J, Nabel E, Nabel G. Extracellular matrix interacts with soluble CD95L: retention and enhancement of cytotoxicity. Nat Immunol. 2001;2:333-7 pubmed..The retention of soluble CD95L on extracellular matrices is likely to play an important role in the development of peripheral tolerance in immune-privileged sites. ..
- Klus G, Rokaeus N, Bittner M, Chen Y, Korz D, Sukumar S, et al. Down-regulation of the desmosomal cadherin desmocollin 3 in human breast cancer. Int J Oncol. 2001;19:169-74 pubmed
- Gervasi M, Chaiworapongsa T, Naccasha N, Blackwell S, Yoon B, Maymon E, et al. Phenotypic and metabolic characteristics of maternal monocytes and granulocytes in preterm labor with intact membranes. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2001;185:1124-9 pubmed..01). Preterm labor with intact membranes is associated with phenotypic and metabolic changes of maternal granulocytes and monocytes. ..
- Moayeri M, Haines D, Young H, Leppla S. Bacillus anthracis lethal toxin induces TNF-alpha-independent hypoxia-mediated toxicity in mice. J Clin Invest. 2003;112:670-82 pubmed..The evidence presented shows that LT kills mice through a TNF-alpha-independent, FasL-independent, noninflammatory mechanism that involves hypoxic tissue injury but does not require macrophage sensitivity to toxin. ..
- Kennedy M, Mullen G, Leifer C, Lee C, Mazzoni A, Dileepan K, et al. A complex of soluble MD-2 and lipopolysaccharide serves as an activating ligand for Toll-like receptor 4. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:34698-704 pubmed..We propose that the soluble MD-2.LPS complex plays a crucial role in the LPS response by activating epithelial and other TLR4(+)/MD-2(-) cells in the inflammatory microenvironment. ..
- Yamaguchi Y, Coelho S, Zmudzka B, Takahashi K, Beer J, Hearing V, et al. Cyclobutane pyrimidine dimer formation and p53 production in human skin after repeated UV irradiation. Exp Dermatol. 2008;17:916-24 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that pigmentation induced in skin by repeated UV irradiation protects against subsequent UV-induced DNA damage but not as effectively as constitutive pigmentation. ..
- Hegde R, Kang S. The concept of translocational regulation. J Cell Biol. 2008;182:225-32 pubmed publisher..A conceptual framework for translocational regulation is proposed based on our current mechanistic understanding of ER protein translocation and general principles of regulatory control. ..
- Sashihara J, Burbelo P, Savoldo B, Pierson T, Cohen J. Human antibody titers to Epstein-Barr Virus (EBV) gp350 correlate with neutralization of infectivity better than antibody titers to EBV gp42 using a rapid flow cytometry-based EBV neutralization assay. Virology. 2009;391:249-56 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we show that antibody titers to EBV gp350 correlate more strongly with neutralization than antibody titers to gp42. These assays should be useful in accessing antibody responses to candidate EBV vaccines. ..
- Hearing V, Tsukamoto K, Urabe K, Kameyama K, Montague P, Jackson I. Functional properties of cloned melanogenic proteins. Pigment Cell Res. 1992;5:264-70 pubmed..The results demonstrate the catalytic functions of these proteins and how they stably interact within a melanogenic complex in the melanosome to regulate the quantity and quality of melanin synthesized by the melanocyte. ..
- Bergsagel P, Victor Kobrin C, Timblin C, Trepel J, Kuehl W. A murine cDNA encodes a pan-epithelial glycoprotein that is also expressed on plasma cells. J Immunol. 1992;148:590-6 pubmed..Because of the multiplicity of names, we propose calling the human gene hEGP314, and the murine gene mEGP314. ..
- Chamberlin M, Dean J. Human homolog of the mouse sperm receptor. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1990;87:6014-8 pubmed
- Dunbar C, Seidel N, Doren S, Sellers S, Cline A, Metzger M, et al. Improved retroviral gene transfer into murine and Rhesus peripheral blood or bone marrow repopulating cells primed in vivo with stem cell factor and granulocyte colony-stimulating factor. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:11871-6 pubmed
- Presley J, Cole N, Schroer T, Hirschberg K, Zaal K, Lippincott Schwartz J. ER-to-Golgi transport visualized in living cells. Nature. 1997;389:81-5 pubmed..This contrasts with the traditional focus on small vesicles as the primary vehicles for ER-to-Golgi transport. ..
- Enoch M, Goldman D, Barnett R, Sher L, Mazzanti C, Rosenthal N. Association between seasonal affective disorder and the 5-HT2A promoter polymorphism, -1438G/A. Mol Psychiatry. 1999;4:89-92 pubmed..However, these results should be treated with caution until replicated because of the possibility of false-positive findings in case-control association studies. ..
- Waterhouse R, Ha C, Dveksler G. Murine CD9 is the receptor for pregnancy-specific glycoprotein 17. J Exp Med. 2002;195:277-82 pubmed..We have identified the first receptor for a murine PSG as well as the first natural ligand for a member of the tetraspanin superfamily. ..
- Snapp E, Reinhart G, Bogert B, Lippincott Schwartz J, Hegde R. The organization of engaged and quiescent translocons in the endoplasmic reticulum of mammalian cells. J Cell Biol. 2004;164:997-1007 pubmed
- Kulka M, Alexopoulou L, Flavell R, Metcalfe D. Activation of mast cells by double-stranded RNA: evidence for activation through Toll-like receptor 3. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2004;114:174-82 pubmed..These data suggest that MCs contribute to innate immune responses to viral infection via the production of type I IFNs. ..
- Wang T, Tian L, Haino M, Gao J, Lake R, Ward Y, et al. Improved antibacterial host defense and altered peripheral granulocyte homeostasis in mice lacking the adhesion class G protein receptor CD97. Infect Immun. 2007;75:1144-53 pubmed..Our results suggest that CD97 plays a role in peripheral granulocyte homeostasis. ..
- Loftus S, Antonellis A, Matera I, Renaud G, Baxter L, Reid D, et al. Gpnmb is a melanoblast-expressed, MITF-dependent gene. Pigment Cell Melanoma Res. 2009;22:99-110 pubmed publisher..Future analysis of the Gpnmb locus will provide insight into the transcriptional regulation of melanocytes, and Gpnmb expression can be used as a marker for analyzing melanocyte development and disease progression. ..
- Legrand F, Tomasevic N, Simakova O, Lee C, Wang Z, Raffeld M, et al. The eosinophil surface receptor epidermal growth factor-like module containing mucin-like hormone receptor 1 (EMR1): a novel therapeutic target for eosinophilic disorders. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2014;133:1439-47, 1447.e1-8 pubmed publisher..EMR1 expression is restricted to mature blood and tissue eosinophils. Targeting of eosinophils with afucosylated anti-EMR1 antibody shows promise as a treatment for eosinophilic disorders. ..
- Dveksler G, Basile A, Cardellichio C, Beauchemin N, Dieffenbach C, Holmes K. Expression of MHV-A59 receptor glycoproteins in susceptible and resistant strains of mice. Adv Exp Med Biol. 1993;342:267-72 pubmed
- Geiszt M, Kopp J, Varnai P, Leto T. Identification of renox, an NAD(P)H oxidase in kidney. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2000;97:8010-4 pubmed
- Fons R, Bogert B, Hegde R. Substrate-specific function of the translocon-associated protein complex during translocation across the ER membrane. J Cell Biol. 2003;160:529-39 pubmed..These results identify the TRAP complex as a functional component of the translocon and demonstrate that it acts in a substrate-specific manner to facilitate the initiation of protein translocation. ..
- Cabral W, Barnes A, Adeyemo A, Cushing K, Chitayat D, Porter F, et al. A founder mutation in LEPRE1 carried by 1.5% of West Africans and 0.4% of African Americans causes lethal recessive osteogenesis imperfecta. Genet Med. 2012;14:543-51 pubmed publisher..Nearly 1.5% of Ghanians and Nigerians are carriers. The estimated age of this allele is consistent with introduction to North America via the Atlantic slave trade (1501-1867 CE). ..
- Snapper C, Kehry M, Castle B, Mond J. Multivalent, but not divalent, antigen receptor cross-linkers synergize with CD40 ligand for induction of Ig synthesis and class switching in normal murine B cells. A redefinition of the TI-2 vs T cell-dependent antigen dichotomy. J Immunol. 1995;154:1177-87 pubmed
- Chang K, Pastan I. Molecular cloning of mesothelin, a differentiation antigen present on mesothelium, mesotheliomas, and ovarian cancers. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:136-40 pubmed..The 69-kDa precursor is processed to the 40-kDa form. The protein has been named mesothelin because it is made by mesothelial cells. Mesothelin may play a role in cellular adhesion. ..
- Chen H, Kinzer C, Paul W. p161, a murine membrane protein expressed on mast cells and some macrophages, is mouse CD13/aminopeptidase N. J Immunol. 1996;157:2593-600 pubmed..Northern blot analysis shows that p161 mRNA is most abundantly expressed in the intestinal tract and kidney and is present in liver, lymph node, spleen, and brain. ..
- Sakai C, Ollmann M, Kobayashi T, Abdel Malek Z, Muller J, Vieira W, et al. Modulation of murine melanocyte function in vitro by agouti signal protein. EMBO J. 1997;16:3544-52 pubmed
- Greenwald R, Urban J, Ekkens M, Chen S, Nguyen D, Fang H, et al. B7-2 is required for the progression but not the initiation of the type 2 immune response to a gastrointestinal nematode parasite. J Immunol. 1999;162:4133-9 pubmed..They further demonstrate that B7-2 interactions are not necessary for the initiation of the type 2 immune response, but are instead required for its progression after the development of effector T cells...
- Chung D, Dorfman J, Plaksin D, Natarajan K, Belyakov I, Hunziker R, et al. NK and CTL recognition of a single chain H-2Dd molecule: distinct sites of H-2Dd interact with NK and TCR. J Immunol. 1999;163:3699-708 pubmed..Thus, the sites of TCR and NK receptor interaction with H-2Dd are distinct, an observation consistent with independent modes of TCR and NK receptor evolution and function. ..
- Wahlsten J, Gitchell H, Chan C, Wiggert B, Caspi R. Fas and Fas ligand expressed on cells of the immune system, not on the target tissue, control induction of experimental autoimmune uveitis. J Immunol. 2000;165:5480-6 pubmed..These results indicate that normal expression of Fas and of FasL on cells of the immune system is important for EAU expression. Unexpectedly, neither lack of Fas nor lack of FasL on the ocular tissues affected expression of EAU. ..
- Kook H, Zeng W, Guibin C, Kirby M, Young N, Maciejewski J. Increased cytotoxic T cells with effector phenotype in aplastic anemia and myelodysplasia. Exp Hematol. 2001;29:1270-7 pubmed
- Khong H, Rosenberg S. Pre-existing immunity to tyrosinase-related protein (TRP)-2, a new TRP-2 isoform, and the NY-ESO-1 melanoma antigen in a patient with a dramatic response to immunotherapy. J Immunol. 2002;168:951-6 pubmed
- Strizzi L, Mancino M, Bianco C, Raafat A, Gonzales M, Booth B, et al. Netrin-1 can affect morphogenesis and differentiation of the mouse mammary gland. J Cell Physiol. 2008;216:824-34 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Netrin-1 may facilitate functional differentiation of mammary epithelial cells and possibly affect the expression of Nanog and/or Cripto-1 in multipotent cells that may reside in the mammary gland. ..
- Yu K, Rader J, Borecki I, Zhang Z, Hildesheim A. CD83 polymorphisms and cervical cancer risk. Gynecol Oncol. 2009;114:319-22 pubmed publisher..We confirm an association between CD83 polymorphisms and cervical cancer and suggest the possibility that CD83-disease associations might be heterogenous by tumor histology. ..
- Gahlay G, Gauthier L, Baibakov B, Epifano O, Dean J. Gamete recognition in mice depends on the cleavage status of an egg's zona pellucida protein. Science. 2010;329:216-9 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that sperm-egg recognition depends on the cleavage status of ZP2 and that binding at the surface of the zona is not sufficient to induce sperm acrosome exocytosis. ..
- Salomon D, Bianco C, De Santis M. Cripto: a novel epidermal growth factor (EGF)-related peptide in mammary gland development and neoplasia. Bioessays. 1999;21:61-70 pubmed..Taken together, this evidence suggests that Cr-1/CR-1 performs a role in normal mammary gland development and that it might contribute to the early stages of mouse mammary tumorigenesis and the pathobiology of human breast cancer. ..
- Lee J, Hampl M, Albert P, Fine H. Antitumor activity and prolonged expression from a TRAIL-expressing adenoviral vector. Neoplasia. 2002;4:312-23 pubmed..Taken together, these data suggest that vector-mediated transduction of TRAIL may represent an effective strategy for cancer gene therapy. ..
- Roesler J, Brenner S, Bukovsky A, Whiting Theobald N, Dull T, Kelly M, et al. Third-generation, self-inactivating gp91(phox) lentivector corrects the oxidase defect in NOD/SCID mouse-repopulating peripheral blood-mobilized CD34+ cells from patients with X-linked chronic granulomatous disease. Blood. 2002;100:4381-90 pubmed
- Kumar M, Bradow B, Zimmerberg J. Large-scale production of pseudotyped lentiviral vectors using baculovirus GP64. Hum Gene Ther. 2003;14:67-77 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that the baculovirus GP64 protein is an attractive alternative to VSVG for viral vectors used in the large-scale production of high-titer virus required for clinical and commercial applications. ..
- Shi G, Harrison K, Han S, Moratz C, Kehrl J. Toll-like receptor signaling alters the expression of regulator of G protein signaling proteins in dendritic cells: implications for G protein-coupled receptor signaling. J Immunol. 2004;172:5175-84 pubmed..These results indicate that the level and functional status of RGS proteins in DCs significantly impact their response to GPCR ligands such as chemokines. ..
- Chen Z, Earl P, Americo J, Damon I, Smith S, Yu F, et al. Characterization of chimpanzee/human monoclonal antibodies to vaccinia virus A33 glycoprotein and its variola virus homolog in vitro and in a vaccinia virus mouse protection model. J Virol. 2007;81:8989-95 pubmed
- Voss C, Deola S, Fleisher T, Marincola F. Increased effector-target cell conjugate formation due to HLA restricted specific antigen recognition. Immunol Res. 2009;45:13-24 pubmed publisher..Since conjugate formation analysis does not require knowledge of the target antigen, this assay could potentially be used for enrichment of CTL directed against novel antigens. ..
- di Bari M, Ginsburg E, Plant J, Strizzi L, Salomon D, Vonderhaar B. Msx2 induces epithelial-mesenchymal transition in mouse mammary epithelial cells through upregulation of Cripto-1. J Cell Physiol. 2009;219:659-66 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Msx2 may play a significant role in promoting EMT in epithelial cells that acquire properties involved in tumor invasion. J. Cell. Physiol. 219: 659-666, 2009. Published 2009 Wiley-Liss, Inc. ..
- Watanabe K, Salomon D. Intercellular transfer regulation of the paracrine activity of GPI-anchored Cripto-1 as a Nodal co-receptor. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;403:108-13 pubmed publisher..Thus, expression of CR-1 may alter the physiochemical properties of the plasma membrane resulting in an enhancement of intercellular transfer of cellular signaling components which may account for the paracrine activity of CR-1. ..
- Avella M, Xiong B, Dean J. The molecular basis of gamete recognition in mice and humans. Mol Hum Reprod. 2013;19:279-89 pubmed publisher..These on-going investigations inform reproductive medicine and suggest new therapies to improve fertility and/or provide contraception, thus expanding reproductive choices for human couples. ..
- Dell Angelica E, Ohno H, Ooi C, Rabinovich E, Roche K, Bonifacino J. AP-3: an adaptor-like protein complex with ubiquitous expression. EMBO J. 1997;16:917-28 pubmed..These results suggest that the sigma3 chains are components of a novel, ubiquitous adaptor-like complex involved in the recognition of tyrosine-based sorting signals. ..
- Chang J, Segal B, Shevach E. Role of costimulation in the induction of the IL-12/IL-12 receptor pathway and the development of autoimmunity. J Immunol. 2000;164:100-6 pubmed..These findings suggest that targeting IL-2 and IL-12 simultaneously may be effective in the treatment of Th1-mediated autoimmunity. ..
- Wu Z, Khan A, Shen Y, Schartman J, Peach R, Lees A, et al. B7 requirements for primary and secondary protein- and polysaccharide-specific Ig isotype responses to Streptococcus pneumoniae. J Immunol. 2000;165:6840-8 pubmed..These studies demonstrate a critical, but variable, role for B7-dependent costimulation during an Ig response to an extracellular bacteria. ..
- Zhang M, Dwyer N, Love D, Cooney A, Comly M, Neufeld E, et al. Cessation of rapid late endosomal tubulovesicular trafficking in Niemann-Pick type C1 disease. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:4466-71 pubmed..We conclude that the neuropathology and cellular lysosomal lipid accumulation in NPC1 disease results, at least in part, from striking defects in late endosomal tubulovesicular trafficking. ..
- Steele K, Crise B, Kuehne A, Kell W. Ebola virus glycoprotein demonstrates differential cellular localization in infected cell types of nonhuman primates and guinea pigs. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2001;125:625-30 pubmed..Differential cellular localization of GP could be relevant to the pathogenesis of Ebola hemorrhagic fever. ..
- Touloukian C, Leitner W, Schnur R, Robbins P, Li Y, Southwood S, et al. Normal tissue depresses while tumor tissue enhances human T cell responses in vivo to a novel self/tumor melanoma antigen, OA1. J Immunol. 2003;170:1579-85 pubmed..Thus, the tumor-bearing state reverses, in part, the tolerance of T cells that results from the normal expression of tissue differentiation Ags. ..
- Horvath Arcidiacono J, Tsuyuki S, Mostowski H, Bloom E. Human natural killer cell activity against porcine targets: modulation by control of the oxidation-reduction environment and role of adhesion molecule interactions. Cell Immunol. 2003;222:35-44 pubmed..Thus, the appropriate manipulation of redox status may provide a means to enhance survival of non-human animal tissues in humans through modulation of adhesion molecule expression/interactions. ..
- Herbeuval J, Shearer G. Are blockers of gp120/CD4 interaction effective inhibitors of HIV-1 immunopathogenesis?. AIDS Rev. 2006;8:3-8 pubmed..The above mechanisms and the effect of sCD4-lgG are summarized in our proposed model. ..
- Zhang Y, Xiang L, Hassan R, Pastan I. Immunotoxin and Taxol synergy results from a decrease in shed mesothelin levels in the extracellular space of tumors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:17099-104 pubmed
- Langer H, Choi E, Zhou H, Schleicher R, Chung K, Tang Z, et al. Platelets contribute to the pathogenesis of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis. Circ Res. 2012;110:1202-10 pubmed publisher..Platelets contribute to the pathogenesis of EAE by promoting CNS inflammation. Targeting platelets may therefore represent an important new therapeutic approach for MS treatment. ..
- Montalvo V, Quigley L, Vistica B, Boelte K, Nugent L, Takai T, et al. Environmental factors determine DAP12 deficiency to either enhance or suppress immunopathogenic processes. Immunology. 2013;140:475-82 pubmed publisher..These findings therefore demonstrate that the effects of DAP12 deficiency on development of autoimmune disease are dramatically affected by environmental factors. ..
- Wassif C, Cross J, Iben J, Sanchez Pulido L, Cougnoux A, Platt F, et al. High incidence of unrecognized visceral/neurological late-onset Niemann-Pick disease, type C1, predicted by analysis of massively parallel sequencing data sets. Genet Med. 2016;18:41-8 pubmed publisher..12 affected patients per 100,000 conceptions, but predict incomplete ascertainment of a late-onset phenotype of NPC1. This finding strongly supports the need for increased screening of potential patients. ..
- Blair P, Riley J, Harlan D, Abe R, Tadaki D, Hoffmann S, et al. CD40 ligand (CD154) triggers a short-term CD4(+) T cell activation response that results in secretion of immunomodulatory cytokines and apoptosis. J Exp Med. 2000;191:651-60 pubmed
- Bafica A, Scanga C, Schito M, Hieny S, Sher A. Cutting edge: in vivo induction of integrated HIV-1 expression by mycobacteria is critically dependent on Toll-like receptor 2. J Immunol. 2003;171:1123-7 pubmed..Together, these results argue that TLR2 plays a crucial role in the activation of HIV-1 expression by mycobacterial coinfections. ..
- Su H, Bidere N, Zheng L, Cubre A, Sakai K, Dale J, et al. Requirement for caspase-8 in NF-kappaB activation by antigen receptor. Science. 2005;307:1465-8 pubmed..These findings thus explain the paradoxical association of defective apoptosis and combined immunodeficiency in human CED. ..
- Ho M, Feng M, Fisher R, Rader C, Pastan I. A novel high-affinity human monoclonal antibody to mesothelin. Int J Cancer. 2011;128:2020-30 pubmed publisher..Most importantly, because the HN1 immuntoxin kills mesothelin-expressing cancer cells with high cytotoxic activity, we believe that it has significant potential for mesothelin-expressing cancer treatment and diagnosis. ..
- Hassan R, Cohen S, Phillips M, Pastan I, Sharon E, Kelly R, et al. Phase I clinical trial of the chimeric anti-mesothelin monoclonal antibody MORAb-009 in patients with mesothelin-expressing cancers. Clin Cancer Res. 2010;16:6132-8 pubmed publisher..In this group of previously treated patients, 11 subjects had stable disease. Phase II studies of MORAb-009 in different mesothelin-expressing cancers are ongoing. ..
- Rankin T, O BRIEN M, Lee E, Wigglesworth K, Eppig J, Dean J. Defective zonae pellucidae in Zp2-null mice disrupt folliculogenesis, fertility and development. Development. 2001;128:1119-26 pubmed
- Loftus S, Larson D, Baxter L, Antonellis A, Chen Y, Wu X, et al. Mutation of melanosome protein RAB38 in chocolate mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:4471-6 pubmed..This study demonstrates the utility of expression profile analysis to identify mammalian disease genes. ..
- Armando I, Tjurmina O, Li Q, Murphy D, Saavedra J. The serotonin transporter is required for stress-evoked increases in adrenal catecholamine synthesis and angiotensin II AT(2) receptor expression. Neuroendocrinology. 2003;78:217-25 pubmed..These data further indicate a close relationship between the adrenomedullary 5-HT and angiotensin II systems, and an important role of adrenomedullary AT(2) receptors in catecholamine synthesis and release during stress. ..
- Tsujimura H, Tamura T, Kong H, Nishiyama A, Ishii K, Klinman D, et al. Toll-like receptor 9 signaling activates NF-kappaB through IFN regulatory factor-8/IFN consensus sequence binding protein in dendritic cells. J Immunol. 2004;172:6820-7 pubmed..IRF-8 reintroduction fully restored CpG activation of NF-kappaB and cytokine induction in -/- DCs. Together, TLR signals that activate NF-kappaB are diverse among different TLRs, and TLR9 signaling uniquely depends on IRF-8 in DCs. ..
- Strizzi L, Bianco C, Normanno N, Salomon D. Cripto-1: a multifunctional modulator during embryogenesis and oncogenesis. Oncogene. 2005;24:5731-41 pubmed..We also briefly discuss evidence suggesting that Cripto-1 may be involved in stem cell maintenance. ..
- Pan H, Hong F, Radaeva S, Gao B. Hydrodynamic gene delivery of interleukin-22 protects the mouse liver from concanavalin A-, carbon tetrachloride-, and Fas ligand-induced injury via activation of STAT3. Cell Mol Immunol. 2004;1:43-9 pubmed..In conclusion, hydrodynamic gene delivery of IL-22 protects against liver injury induced by a variety of toxins, suggesting the therapeutic potential of IL-22 in treating human liver disease. ..
- Szabo R, Hobson J, Christoph K, Kosa P, List K, Bugge T. Regulation of cell surface protease matriptase by HAI2 is essential for placental development, neural tube closure and embryonic survival in mice. Development. 2009;136:2653-63 pubmed publisher..This study indicates that unregulated matriptase-dependent cell surface proteolysis can cause a diverse array of abnormalities in mammalian development. ..
- Strebel K, Luban J, Jeang K. Human cellular restriction factors that target HIV-1 replication. BMC Med. 2009;7:48 pubmed publisher..We point to countermeasures encoded by HIV-1 for moderating the potency of these cellular restriction functions. ..
- Wistow G, Pisano M, Chepelinsky A. Tandem sequence repeats in transmembrane channel proteins. Trends Biochem Sci. 1991;16:170-1 pubmed..This article suggests that these proteins contain a structural twofold repeat and may have arisen by gene duplication. Such a model has implications for the tertiary structures of these important proteins. ..
- Morris J, Carstea E. Niemann-Pick C disease: cholesterol handling gone awry. Mol Med Today. 1998;4:525-31 pubmed..The recent identification of the NPC gene, NPC1, provides a definitive diagnosis of the disease and a means of studying this key component of intracellular cholesterol transport and homeostasis. ..