Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on kinetics in Bethesda, Maryland, United States
Locale: Bethesda, Maryland, United States
Publications201 found, 100 shown here
- Rosenberger T, Villacreses N, Contreras M, Bonventre J, Rapoport S. Brain lipid metabolism in the cPLA2 knockout mouse. J Lipid Res. 2003;44:109-17 pubmed
- Sundaram S, Freedman N, Carrasquillo J, Carson J, Whatley M, Libutti S, et al. Simplified kinetic analysis of tumor 18F-FDG uptake: a dynamic approach. J Nucl Med. 2004;45:1328-33 pubmed..SKA-M may be preferred over SUV or SKA-S when a large unmetabolized (18)F-FDG fraction is expected and 1-3 fields of view are sufficient. ..
- Wolfraim L, Letterio J. Cutting edge: p27Kip1 deficiency reduces the requirement for CD28-mediated costimulation in naive CD8+ but not CD4+ T lymphocytes. J Immunol. 2005;174:2481-4 pubmed..These data highlight a previously unappreciated difference in the way CD28 signaling is coupled to the core cell cycle machinery in these two T cell subsets. ..
- Huang Z, Shiva S, Kim Shapiro D, Patel R, Ringwood L, Irby C, et al. Enzymatic function of hemoglobin as a nitrite reductase that produces NO under allosteric control. J Clin Invest. 2005;115:2099-107 pubmed..These data suggest that the oxygen sensor for hypoxic vasodilation is determined by Hb oxygen saturation and quaternary structure and that the nitrite reductase activity of Hb generates NO gas under allosteric and pH control. ..
- Houtman J, Houghtling R, Barda Saad M, Toda Y, Samelson L. Early phosphorylation kinetics of proteins involved in proximal TCR-mediated signaling pathways. J Immunol. 2005;175:2449-58 pubmed..In total, these studies give new insight into the sequence, kinetics and specificity of early TCR-mediated signaling events that are vital for T cell activation. ..
- Bishu S, Schmidt K, Burlin T, Channing M, Horowitz L, Huang T, et al. Propofol anesthesia does not alter regional rates of cerebral protein synthesis measured with L-[1-(11)C]leucine and PET in healthy male subjects. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2009;29:1035-47 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that the values, variances, and patterns of regional variation in rCPS and lambda measured by the L-[1-(11)C]leucine PET method are not significantly altered by anesthesia with propofol. ..
- Yang Y, Baboolal T, Siththanandan V, Chen M, Walker M, Knight P, et al. A FERM domain autoregulates Drosophila myosin 7a activity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:4189-94 pubmed publisher..We propose that at low cellular actin concentrations, myosin 7a-FL is bent and inactive, but at high actin concentrations, it is unfolded and active because the C-terminal FERM domain binds to actin. ..
- Ji Y, Lu Y, Yang F, Shen W, Tang T, Feng L, et al. Acute and gradual increases in BDNF concentration elicit distinct signaling and functions in neurons. Nat Neurosci. 2010;13:302-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, the kinetics of TrkB activation is critical for cell signaling and functions. This temporal dimension in cellular signaling may also have implications for the therapeutic drug design. ..
- Bungay P, Sumbria R, Bickel U. Unifying the mathematical modeling of in vivo and in vitro microdialysis. J Pharm Biomed Anal. 2011;55:54-63 pubmed publisher..The predictive ability of the unifying approach is illustrated for microdialysis of sucrose in vivo (brain) and inert media in vitro, under both well-stirred and quiescent conditions. ..
- Teferedegne B, Lewis A, Peden K, Murata H. Development of a neutralization assay for influenza virus using an endpoint assessment based on quantitative reverse-transcription PCR. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e56023 pubmed publisher..Finally, our qRT-PCR-based approach may be broadly applicable to the development of neutralization assays for a wide variety of viruses. ..
- Sidorova N, Scott T, Rau D. DNA concentration-dependent dissociation of EcoRI: direct transfer or reaction during hopping. Biophys J. 2013;104:1296-303 pubmed publisher..A dependence of the dissociation rate of a DNA-protein complex on competitor DNA concentration does not necessarily mean direct transfer. ..
- Murphy P, Tiffany H. Cloning of complementary DNA encoding a functional human interleukin-8 receptor. Science. 1991;253:1280-3 pubmed
- Sandberg K, Ji H, Millan M, Catt K. Amphibian myocardial angiotensin II receptors are distinct from mammalian AT1 and AT2 receptor subtypes. FEBS Lett. 1991;284:281-4 pubmed..These results indicate that amphibian AII receptors are pharmacologically distinct from both the AT1 and AT2 receptors characterized in mammalian tissues. ..
- Holt G, Pangburn M, Ginsburg V. Properdin binds to sulfatide [Gal(3-SO4)beta 1-1 Cer] and has a sequence homology with other proteins that bind sulfated glycoconjugates. J Biol Chem. 1990;265:2852-5 pubmed..Taken together, these data suggest that properdin, like antistasin and thrombospondin, binds sulfated glycoconjugates and supports the conclusion that the homologous sequences are sulfated glycoconjugate-binding domains. ..
- Dhariwal K, Washko P, Hartzell W, Levine M. Ascorbic acid within chromaffin granules. In situ kinetics of norepinephrine biosynthesis. J Biol Chem. 1989;264:15404-9 pubmed..Furthermore, in situ kinetics of dopamine beta-monooxygenase for ascorbic acid may be most accurately determined using intact granules and the true physiologic substrate. ..
- Driscoll B, Deibler G, Law M, Crane A. Damage to neurons in culture following medium change: role of glutamine and extracellular generation of glutamate. J Neurochem. 1993;61:1795-800 pubmed..Mitochondria or mitochondrial fragments are probably released from the damaged cells and then convert extracellular glutamine to glutamate, resulting in generation of a high extracellular glutamate concentration. ..
- Johnen G, Kowlessur D, Citron B, Kaufman S. Characterization of the wild-type form of 4a-carbinolamine dehydratase and two naturally occurring mutants associated with hyperphenylalaninemia. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995;92:12384-8 pubmed
- Jones T, Degtyarev M, Backlund P. The stoichiometry of G alpha(s) palmitoylation in its basal and activated states. Biochemistry. 1997;36:7185-91 pubmed..These results suggest that receptor activation of alpha(s) caused a rapid turnover of palmitate to maintain most of alpha(s) in its palmitoylated form. ..
- Johnen G, Kaufman S. Studies on the enzymatic and transcriptional activity of the dimerization cofactor for hepatocyte nuclear factor 1. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:13469-74 pubmed..The transcriptional function of DCoH therefore is composed of two parts, HNF1 binding and another contributing effect that involves the active site and, indirectly, the saddle. ..
- Schmidt M, Oshinsky R, Kim H, Schouten J, Folley B, Potter W. Cerebral glucose metabolic and plasma catecholamine responses to the alpha(2) adrenoceptor antagonist ethoxyidazoxan given to healthy volunteers. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 1999;146:119-27 pubmed
- Patterson G, Lippincott Schwartz J. A photoactivatable GFP for selective photolabeling of proteins and cells. Science. 2002;297:1873-7 pubmed..Here, we use the photoactivatable GFP both as a free protein to measure protein diffusion across the nuclear envelope and as a chimera with a lysosomal membrane protein to demonstrate rapid interlysosomal membrane exchange. ..
- Farshori P, Shah B, Arora K, Martinez Fuentes A, Catt K. Activation and nuclear translocation of PKCdelta, Pyk2 and ERK1/2 by gonadotropin releasing hormone in HEK293 cells. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2003;85:337-47 pubmed..Moreover, GnRH-induced phosphorylation of ERK1/2 and expression of c-fos in HEK293 cells is independent of Src and EGF-R transactivation, and is mediated through the PKC/Raf/MEK cascade. ..
- Mutskov V, Felsenfeld G. Silencing of transgene transcription precedes methylation of promoter DNA and histone H3 lysine 9. EMBO J. 2004;23:138-49 pubmed..We show that the kinetics of silencing exclude histone H3 K9 and promoter DNA methylation as the primary causative events in our transgene system. ..
- Hurley J, Lee S, Prag G. Ubiquitin-binding domains. Biochem J. 2006;399:361-72 pubmed
- Luo R, Ahvazi B, Amariei D, Shroder D, Burrola B, Losert W, et al. Kinetic analysis of GTP hydrolysis catalysed by the Arf1-GTP-ASAP1 complex. Biochem J. 2007;402:439-47 pubmed..The ramifications for the putative effector function of ASAP1 are discussed. ..
- Jenkins L, Yamaguchi H, Hayashi R, Cherry S, Tropea J, Miller M, et al. Two distinct motifs within the p53 transactivation domain bind to the Taz2 domain of p300 and are differentially affected by phosphorylation. Biochemistry. 2009;48:1244-55 pubmed publisher..However, the more negative value of DeltaC(p) for Taz2 binding to the first (-330 cal/(mol.K)) compared to the second site (-234 cal/(mol.K)) suggests that the importance of nonpolar and polar interactions differs between the two sites. ..
- ..Its dynamic nature is not only a fundamental property of the transcription machinery, but it is emerging as an important modulator of physiological processes, particularly in differentiation and development. ..
- Schulz T, Choi M, Raychaudhuri S, Mears J, Ghirlando R, Hinshaw J, et al. Lipid-regulated sterol transfer between closely apposed membranes by oxysterol-binding protein homologues. J Cell Biol. 2009;187:889-903 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings suggest a new model of how ORPs could sense and regulate the lipid composition of adjacent membranes. ..
- Zhang Z, Hui E, Chapman E, Jackson M. Regulation of exocytosis and fusion pores by synaptotagmin-effector interactions. Mol Biol Cell. 2010;21:2821-31 pubmed publisher..This associates the syt-PS interaction with two distinct kinetic steps in Ca(2+) triggered exocytosis and supports a role for the syt-PS interaction in stabilizing open fusion pores. ..
- Chen Z, Schneerson R, Lovchik J, Lyons C, Zhao H, Dai Z, et al. Pre- and postexposure protection against virulent anthrax infection in mice by humanized monoclonal antibodies to Bacillus anthracis capsule. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:739-44 pubmed publisher..Thus, these anti-?DPGA mAbs should be useful, alone or in combination with antitoxin mAbs, for achieving a safe and efficacious postexposure therapy for anthrax...
- Dougherty E, Guo C, Simons S, Chow C. Deducing the temporal order of cofactor function in ligand-regulated gene transcription: theory and experimental verification. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e30225 pubmed publisher..Thus new tools to determine previously unobtainable information about the nature and position of cofactor action in any process displaying first-order Hill plot kinetics are now available. ..
- Juweid M, Neumann R, Paik C, Perez Bacete M, Sato J, van Osdol W, et al. Micropharmacology of monoclonal antibodies in solid tumors: direct experimental evidence for a binding site barrier. Cancer Res. 1992;52:5144-53 pubmed..The same general principles of micropharmacology may apply to biological ligands other than antibodies, including those secreted by genetically modified cells. ..
- Puri R, Rosenberg S. Combined effects of interferon alpha and interleukin 2 on the induction of a vascular leak syndrome in mice. Cancer Immunol Immunother. 1989;28:267-74 pubmed..Thus the administration of IFN-alpha in combination with IL-2 produces a dose-limiting vascular leakage that is more severe than that caused by IL-2 alone, and may be mediated, directly or indirectly by host radiosensitive cells...
- Nashed N, Louis J, Sayer J, Wondrak E, Mora P, Oroszlan S, et al. Continuous spectrophotometric assay for retroviral proteases of HIV-1 and AMV. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1989;163:1079-85 pubmed..At the highest substrate concentration possible under the assay conditions, good first-order kinetics were observed with both proteases, and the values of Vmax/Km were obtained...
- Tamminga C, Tanimoto K, Kuo S, Chase T, Contreras P, Rice K, et al. PCP-induced alterations in cerebral glucose utilization in rat brain: blockade by metaphit, a PCP-receptor-acylating agent. Synapse. 1987;1:497-504 pubmed..These results indicate an antagonist effect of metaphit on the PCP system and suggest a widespread action of metaphit, putatively at a PCP-related site, possibly in connection with the N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptor. ..
- van Leeuwen J, Kearse K. Deglucosylation of N-linked glycans is an important step in the dissociation of calreticulin-class I-TAP complexes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:13997-4001 pubmed
- Xiang Y, Moss B. IL-18 binding and inhibition of interferon gamma induction by human poxvirus-encoded proteins. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:11537-42 pubmed..The pirating of IL-18 binding proteins by poxviruses and their use as decoy receptors is consistent with the critical role of IL-18 in defense against virus infections and provides a mechanism for evasion of the immune system by MCV. ..
- Wagner P, Vu N. Phosphorylation of geranyl and farnesyl pyrophosphates by Nm23 proteins/nucleoside diphosphate kinases. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:35570-6 pubmed..The phosphorylation of geranyl and farnesyl pyrophosphates by Nm23 proteins provides a novel mechanism by which these proteins might exert their biological effects. ..
- Frank E, Sayer J, Kroth H, Ohashi E, Ohmori H, Jerina D, et al. Translesion replication of benzo[a]pyrene and benzo[c]phenanthrene diol epoxide adducts of deoxyadenosine and deoxyguanosine by human DNA polymerase iota. Nucleic Acids Res. 2002;30:5284-92 pubmed..In many cases, elongation would, however, require the participation of another polymerase more specialized in extension, such as polkappa. ..
- Chae J, Komarow H, Cheng J, Wood G, Raben N, Liu P, et al. Targeted disruption of pyrin, the FMF protein, causes heightened sensitivity to endotoxin and a defect in macrophage apoptosis. Mol Cell. 2003;11:591-604 pubmed..These data support a critical role for pyrin in the innate immune response, possibly by acting on ASC, and suggest a biologic basis for the selection of hypomorphic pyrin variants in man. ..
- Sundaram A, Pitts L, Muhammad K, Wu J, Betenbaugh M, Woodard R, et al. Characterization of N-acetylneuraminic acid synthase isoenzyme 1 from Campylobacter jejuni. Biochem J. 2004;383:83-9 pubmed..The present study is the first stereochemical analysis of the reaction catalysed by a bacterial NeuNAc synthase. ..
- Zhao D, Thornton A, DiPaolo R, Shevach E. Activated CD4+CD25+ T cells selectively kill B lymphocytes. Blood. 2006;107:3925-32 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that CD4+CD25+ T cells can act directly on B cells and suggest that the prevention of autoimmunity by CD4+CD25+ T cells can be explained, at least in part, by the direct regulation of B-cell function. ..
- Nini L, Waheed A, Panicker L, Czapiga M, Zhang J, Simonds W. R7-binding protein targets the G protein beta 5/R7-regulator of G protein signaling complex to lipid rafts in neuronal cells and brain. BMC Biochem. 2007;8:18 pubmed
- Johnson T, Elbi C, Parekh B, Hager G, John S. Chromatin remodeling complexes interact dynamically with a glucocorticoid receptor-regulated promoter. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:3308-22 pubmed publisher..Our data provide a kinetic and mechanistic basis for the BRG1 and BRM chromatin-remodeling complexes in regulating gene expression at a steroid hormone inducible promoter. ..
- Mizanur R, Pohl N. Bacterial CMP-sialic acid synthetases: production, properties, and applications. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2008;80:757-65 pubmed publisher..The CSSs are important enzymes for the chemoenzymatic synthesis of various sialooligosaccharides of significance in biotechnology. ..
- Crotti L, Horowitz D. Exon sequences at the splice junctions affect splicing fidelity and alternative splicing. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:18954-9 pubmed publisher..Finally, we note that the degeneracy of the genetic code allows competing 3' splice sites to be eliminated from coding regions, and we suggest that the evolution of the splicing signals and the genetic code are connected. ..
- Skinbjerg M, Seneca N, Liow J, Hong J, Weinshenker D, Pike V, et al. Dopamine beta-hydroxylase-deficient mice have normal densities of D(2) dopamine receptors in the high-affinity state based on in vivo PET imaging and in vitro radioligand binding. Synapse. 2010;64:699-703 pubmed publisher..In summary, our results suggest that DBH knockout mice have normal levels of D(2) receptors in the high-affinity state and that additional mechanisms contribute to their behavioral sensitivity to psychostimulants. ..
- Ong K, Blackford J, Kagan B, Simons S, Chow C. A theoretical framework for gene induction and experimental comparisons. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:7107-12 pubmed publisher..It also predicts that an FHDC cannot involve the DNA binding of preformed receptor dimers, which is validated experimentally. The theory is general and can be applied to any biochemical reaction that shows an FHDC. ..
- Pfefferkorn C, McGlinchey R, Lee J. Effects of pH on aggregation kinetics of the repeat domain of a functional amyloid, Pmel17. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:21447-52 pubmed publisher..Based on these results, we propose that intramelanosomal pH regulates Pmel17 amyloid formation and its subsequent dissolution in vivo. ..
- Obolensky O, Wu W, Shen R, Yu Y. Using dissociation energies to predict observability of b- and y-peaks in mass spectra of short peptides. Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom. 2012;26:915-20 pubmed publisher..Further advances in this direction will pave the way for reliable quantitative predictions and, hence, for a significant improvement in robustness and accuracy of peptide and protein identification tools. ..
- Schaap Nutt A, Liesman R, Bartlett E, Scull M, Collins P, Pickles R, et al. Human parainfluenza virus serotypes differ in their kinetics of replication and cytokine secretion in human tracheobronchial airway epithelium. Virology. 2012;433:320-8 pubmed publisher..The T cell chemoattractants CXCL10 and CXCL11 were the most abundant chemokines induced. Differences in replication and cytokine secretion might explain some of the differences in PIV serotype-specific pathogenesis and epidemiology. ..
- Ito Y. pH-zone-refining counter-current chromatography: origin, mechanism, procedure and applications. J Chromatogr A. 2013;1271:71-85 pubmed publisher..Since 1994, over 70 research papers on pH-zone-refining CCC have been published with the trends increasing in the recent years. ..
- Hallenbeck P, Marks M, Lippoldt R, Ozato K, Nikodem V. Heterodimerization of thyroid hormone (TH) receptor with H-2RIIBP (RXR beta) enhances DNA binding and TH-dependent transcriptional activation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1992;89:5572-6 pubmed
- Chan A, Rubin J, Bottaro D, Hirschfield D, Chedid M, Aaronson S. Identification of a competitive HGF antagonist encoded by an alternative transcript. Science. 1991;254:1382-5 pubmed..Thus, the same gene encodes both a growth factor and its direct antagonist. ..
- Morinaga N, Tsai S, Moss J, Vaughan M. Isolation of a brefeldin A-inhibited guanine nucleotide-exchange protein for ADP ribosylation factor (ARF) 1 and ARF3 that contains a Sec7-like domain. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:12856-60 pubmed
- Egesten A, Dyer K, Batten D, Domachowske J, Rosenberg H. Ribonucleases and host defense: identification, localization and gene expression in adherent monocytes in vitro. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1997;1358:255-60 pubmed..Interestingly, mRNA encoding RNase 4 could not be detected in freshly isolated monocytes, emerging only after 16 h in culture, suggesting the possibility of de novo protein synthesis in association with monocyte differentiation. ..
- Basrur V, Song Y, Mazur S, Higashimoto Y, Turpin J, Rice W, et al. Inactivation of HIV-1 nucleocapsid protein P7 by pyridinioalkanoyl thioesters. Characterization of reaction products and proposed mechanism of action. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:14890-7 pubmed..The results obtained herein demonstrate that PATE compounds can be constructed that selectively target only one of the two zinc fingers of NCp7, thus providing an impetus to pursue development of highly selective zinc finger inhibitors. ..
- Ni Y, McPhie P, Deacon A, Ealick S, Coleman W. Evidence that NADP+ is the physiological cofactor of ADP-L-glycero-D-mannoheptose 6-epimerase. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:27329-34 pubmed..A structural comparison of ADP-hep 6-epimerase with UDP-galactose 4-epimerase, which utilizes an NAD(+) cofactor, has identified the regions of ADP-hep 6-epimerase, which defines its specificity for NADP(+). ..
- Frank E, Tissier A, McDonald J, Rapic Otrin V, Zeng X, Gearhart P, et al. Altered nucleotide misinsertion fidelity associated with poliota-dependent replication at the end of a DNA template. EMBO J. 2001;20:2914-22 pubmed
- Blank P, Vogel S, Malley J, Zimmerberg J. A kinetic analysis of calcium-triggered exocytosis. J Gen Physiol. 2001;118:145-56 pubmed..Thus, the nonlinear relationship between the free calcium concentration and the rate of exocytosis can be explained solely by the calcium dependence of the distribution of fusion complexes at vesicle docking sites. ..
- Mizuuchi M, Mizuuchi K. Conformational isomerization in phage Mu transpososome assembly: effects of the transpositional enhancer and of MuB. EMBO J. 2001;20:6927-35 pubmed..The transpososome assembly stimulation by MuB does not require its stable DNA binding activity, which appears critical for directing transposition to sites distant from the donor transposon...
- Greene E, Mizuuchi K. Dynamics of a protein polymer: the assembly and disassembly pathways of the MuB transposition target complex. EMBO J. 2002;21:1477-86 pubmed
- Xie Z, Ambudkar I, Siraganian R. The adapter molecule Gab2 regulates Fc epsilon RI-mediated signal transduction in mast cells. J Immunol. 2002;168:4682-91 pubmed
- Iezzi S, Cossu G, Nervi C, Sartorelli V, Puri P. Stage-specific modulation of skeletal myogenesis by inhibitors of nuclear deacetylases. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:7757-62 pubmed..These results represent the first evidence that DIs can enhance muscle differentiation and suggest the rationale for their use in manipulating adult and embryonic skeletal myogenesis. ..
- Cheutin T, McNairn A, Jenuwein T, Gilbert D, Singh P, Misteli T. Maintenance of stable heterochromatin domains by dynamic HP1 binding. Science. 2003;299:721-5 pubmed..These data argue against HP1 repression of transcription by formation of static, higher order oligomeric networks but support a dynamic competition model, and they demonstrate that heterochromatin is accessible to regulatory factors. ..
- Remaley A, Thomas F, Stonik J, Demosky S, Bark S, Neufeld E, et al. Synthetic amphipathic helical peptides promote lipid efflux from cells by an ABCA1-dependent and an ABCA1-independent pathway. J Lipid Res. 2003;44:828-36 pubmed..In addition, unlike apoA-I, synthetic peptides can also efflux lipid by a passive, energy-independent pathway that does not involve ABCA1 but does depend upon their lipid affinity...
- Lin Y, Salem N. In vivo conversion of 18- and 20-C essential fatty acids in rats using the multiple simultaneous stable isotope method. J Lipid Res. 2005;46:1962-73 pubmed..Thus, on a per dosage basis, the total amounts of n-3 and n-6 end products accreted in plasma were considerably greater for C20 EFA precursors relative to C18. ..
- Rapoport S. In vivo approaches and rationale for quantifying kinetics and imaging brain lipid metabolic pathways. Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat. 2005;77:185-96 pubmed..Cases that are discussed are arachidonic acid turnover and imaging of neuroreceptor-initiated phospholipase A2 activation, ether phospholipid biosynthesis, and kinetics of the phosphatidylinositol cycle. ..
- Sidorova N, Muradymov S, Rau D. Trapping DNA-protein binding reactions with neutral osmolytes for the analysis by gel mobility shift and self-cleavage assays. Nucleic Acids Res. 2005;33:5145-55 pubmed..Initial results indicate that BamHI dissociation from its specific DNA sequence is strongly linked to water activity with the half-life time of the specific complex increasing approximately 20-fold from 0 to 1 osmolal betaine. ..
- Kohjitani A, Fuda H, Hanyu O, Strott C. Cloning, characterization and tissue expression of rat SULT2B1a and SULT2B1b steroid/sterol sulfotransferase isoforms: divergence of the rat SULT2B1 gene structure from orthologous human and mouse genes. Gene. 2006;367:66-73 pubmed..Furthermore, unlike the case with human and mouse SULT2B1 genes where differential splicing is necessitated since a portion of exon IA is fused with exon IB to complete the SULT2B1b mRNA, this step is not required with the rat gene. ..
- Clore G. Visualizing lowly-populated regions of the free energy landscape of macromolecular complexes by paramagnetic relaxation enhancement. Mol Biosyst. 2008;4:1058-69 pubmed publisher..The PRE offers unique opportunities to directly probe and explore in structural terms lowly-populated regions of the free energy landscape and promises to yield fundamental new insights into biophysical processes. ..
- Davis J, Epstein N. Mechanistic role of movement and strain sensitivity in muscle contraction. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:6140-5 pubmed publisher..Reaction amplitudes confirm a strain-invariant equilibrium constant and thus a strain-insensitive ratio of pretension- to tension-generating states as work is done...
- Zichel R, Chearwae W, Pandey G, Golding B, Sauna Z. Aptamers as a sensitive tool to detect subtle modifications in therapeutic proteins. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e31948 pubmed publisher..The technique can provide an early warning of structural changes during the manufacturing process that could have consequential outcomes downstream. ..
- Yavuz S, Linderman J, Smith S, Zhao X, Pucino F, Celi F. The dynamic pituitary response to escalating-dose TRH stimulation test in hypothyroid patients treated with liothyronine or levothyroxine replacement therapy. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2013;98:E862-6 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the data suggest that lower doses of TRH might provide clinically relevant information of thyrotroph function, particularly when investigating partial pituitary insufficiency states. ..
- Day C, Chen H, Coulon A, Meier J, Larson D. High-throughput single-molecule screen for small-molecule perturbation of splicing and transcription kinetics. Methods. 2016;96:59-68 pubmed publisher..We tested this reagent in a targeted screen of molecules that target chromatin readers and writers and identified three compounds that slow transcription elongation without changing transcription initiation. ..
- Dmitrieva N, Michea L, Burg M. p53 Protects renal inner medullary cells from hypertonic stress by restricting DNA replication. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2001;281:F522-30 pubmed
- Wessells J, Wessner D, Parsells R, White K, Finkenzeller D, Zimmermann W, et al. Pregnancy specific glycoprotein 18 induces IL-10 expression in murine macrophages. Eur J Immunol. 2000;30:1830-40 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that PSG18 selectively up-regulates IL-10 production by macrophages, providing a possible mechanism by which this protein helps promote successful pregnancy. ..
- Vaisman A, Woodgate R. Unique misinsertion specificity of poliota may decrease the mutagenic potential of deaminated cytosines. EMBO J. 2001;20:6520-9 pubmed..Thus, poliota-dependent misinsertion of G opposite uracil and its derivatives may actually provide a mechanism whereby mammalian cells can decrease the mutagenic potential of lesions formed via the deamination of cytosine. ..
- Kametaka S, Moriyama K, Burgos P, Eisenberg E, Greene L, Mattera R, et al. Canonical interaction of cyclin G associated kinase with adaptor protein 1 regulates lysosomal enzyme sorting. Mol Biol Cell. 2007;18:2991-3001 pubmed..Thus, interactions between the PsiG[PDE][PsiLM]-motif sequences in GAK and the AP1-gamma-ear domain are critical for the recruitment of GAK to the TGN and the function of GAK in lysosomal enzyme sorting. ..
- Tamura T, Stadtman T. A new selenoprotein from human lung adenocarcinoma cells: purification, properties, and thioredoxin reductase activity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:1006-11 pubmed..The selenocysteine-containing TR from the adenocarcinoma cells may be a variant form distinct from rat liver TR. ..
- Lewis J, Devin A, Miller A, Lin Y, Rodriguez Y, Neckers L, et al. Disruption of hsp90 function results in degradation of the death domain kinase, receptor-interacting protein (RIP), and blockage of tumor necrosis factor-induced nuclear factor-kappaB activation. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:10519-26 pubmed..Thus, inhibition of NF-kappaB activation by GA may be a critical component of the anti-tumor activity of this drug. ..
- Sidorova N, Rau D. Linkage of EcoRI dissociation from its specific DNA recognition site to water activity, salt concentration, and pH: separating their roles in specific and non-specific binding. J Mol Biol. 2001;310:801-16 pubmed..The seeming lack of a dependence on viscosity suggests the rate-limiting step in dissociation of non-specifically bound protein is a discrete conformational change rather than a general diffusion of the protein away from the DNA. ..
- Liu C, Pouliot J, Nash H. Repair of topoisomerase I covalent complexes in the absence of the tyrosyl-DNA phosphodiesterase Tdp1. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:14970-5 pubmed
- Contreras J, Chen J, Lau A, Jogini V, Roux B, Holmgren M. Voltage profile along the permeation pathway of an open channel. Biophys J. 2010;99:2863-9 pubmed publisher..By focusing the transmembrane potential across the selectivity filter, the electromotive driving force is coupled with the movement of permeant ions in the filter, maximizing the efficiency of this process. ..
- Moroni M, Maeda D, Whitnall M, Bonner W, Redon C. Evaluation of the gamma-H2AX assay for radiation biodosimetry in a swine model. Int J Mol Sci. 2013;14:14119-35 pubmed publisher..8 and 5 Gy with residual ?-H2AX foci proportional to the initial radiation doses. These findings show that the Gottingen minipig provides a useful in vivo model for validation of ?-H2AX biodosimetry for dose assessment in humans...
- Nakhasi H, Ramanujam M, Atreya C, Hobman T, Lee N, Esmaili A, et al. Rubella virus glycoprotein interaction with the endoplasmic reticulum calreticulin and calnexin. Arch Virol. 2001;146:1-14 pubmed..These studies suggest that the interaction of RV glycoproteins with the ER chaperone proteins is essential for their maturation in the endoplasmic reticulum. ..
- Niu T, Pfeifer A, Lippincott Schwartz J, Jackson C. Dynamics of GBF1, a Brefeldin A-sensitive Arf1 exchange factor at the Golgi. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:1213-22 pubmed..These results suggest that an Arf1-GBF1-BFA complex is formed and has a longer residence time on Golgi membranes than GBF1 or Arf1 alone. ..
- Arispe N, Diaz J, Simakova O, Pollard H. Heart failure drug digitoxin induces calcium uptake into cells by forming transmembrane calcium channels. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:2610-5 pubmed publisher..We propose that these digitoxin calcium channels may be part of the mechanism by which digitoxin and other active cardiac glycosides, such as digoxin, exert system-wide actions at and above the therapeutic concentration range. ..