Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on in situ hybridization in Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Locale: Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Topic: in situ hybridization
Publications132 found, 100 shown here
- Moon C, Yoo J, Matarazzo V, Sung Y, Kim E, Ronnett G. Leukemia inhibitory factor inhibits neuronal terminal differentiation through STAT3 activation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:9015-20 pubmed..Consequently, a population of ORNs is maintained in an immature state to facilitate the rapid repopulation of the olfactory epithelium with mature neurons during normal cell turnover or after injury. ..
- Reti I, Reddy R, Worley P, Baraban J. Selective expression of Narp, a secreted neuronal pentraxin, in orexin neurons. J Neurochem. 2002;82:1561-5 pubmed..Thus, these findings suggest that these pathways utilize neuronal pentraxins, in addition to neuropeptides, as synaptic signaling molecules. ..
- Lee P, Brady D, Koenig J. Thyroid hormone regulation of N-methyl-D-aspartic acid receptor subunit mRNA expression in adult brain. J Neuroendocrinol. 2003;15:87-92 pubmed..The regulation of expression of NR1 and NR2B mRNA by thyroid hormone is a novel mechanism for explaining the relationship between thyroid hormone and cognitive function. ..
- Voronina E, Seydoux G. The C. elegans homolog of nucleoporin Nup98 is required for the integrity and function of germline P granules. Development. 2010;137:1441-50 pubmed publisher..In the mouse, Nup98 immunoprecipitates with the germ granule component MVH. Our findings suggest that, in germ cells, the function of Nup98 extends beyond transport at the nuclear pore to include mRNA regulation in the cytoplasm. ..
- Soto I, Pease M, Son J, Shi X, Quigley H, Marsh Armstrong N. Retinal ganglion cell loss in a rat ocular hypertension model is sectorial and involves early optic nerve axon loss. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2011;52:434-41 pubmed publisher..Here the authors further elucidate these features of glaucomatous degeneration in a rat ocular hypertension model...
- Lee C, Fan C. Embryonic expression patterns of the mouse and chick Gas1 genes. Mech Dev. 2001;101:293-7 pubmed..Furthermore, we have cloned the chick GAS1 gene and documented the similarity and divergence of Gas1 gene expression patterns between the two species. ..
- Sharifi J, Brady D, Koenig J. Estrogen modulates RGS9 expression in the nucleus accumbens. Neuroreport. 2004;15:2433-6 pubmed..Our findings provide evidence for estrogen as a factor that enhances dopamine receptor signaling by altering RGS9 mRNA expression which could underlie gender specific patterns of psychostimulant abuse. ..
- Song Z, Marzilli L, Greenlee B, Chen E, Silver R, Askin F, et al. Mycobacterial catalase-peroxidase is a tissue antigen and target of the adaptive immune response in systemic sarcoidosis. J Exp Med. 2005;201:755-67 pubmed..0059) and 4 of 10 (40%) PPD(+) (P = 0.7233) control subjects, suggesting that remnant mycobacterial catalase-peroxidase is one target of the adaptive immune response driving granulomatous inflammation in sarcoidosis. ..
- Prasad N, Biankin A, Fukushima N, Maitra A, Dhara S, Elkahloun A, et al. Gene expression profiles in pancreatic intraepithelial neoplasia reflect the effects of Hedgehog signaling on pancreatic ductal epithelial cells. Cancer Res. 2005;65:1619-26 pubmed..These data show frequent up-regulation of foregut markers in early PanIN lesions and suggest that PanIN development may involve Hedgehog-mediated conversion to a gastric epithelial differentiation program. ..
- Koenig J, Cho J. Provocation of kainic acid receptor mRNA changes in the rat paraventricular nucleus by insulin-induced hypoglycaemia. J Neuroendocrinol. 2005;17:111-8 pubmed..These experiments suggest that kainic acid-preferring glutamate receptors are responsive to changes in plasma glucose concentrations and may participate in the activation of the PVN neurones during hypoglycaemic stress. ..
- Bettini E, Margolis F. Expression of an intron-containing beta-tubulin mRNA in catfish olfactory epithelium. J Mol Histol. 2007;38:571-9 pubmed
- Xu J, Gao J, Li J, Xue L, Clark K, Ekker S, et al. Functional analysis of slow myosin heavy chain 1 and myomesin-3 in sarcomere organization in zebrafish embryonic slow muscles. J Genet Genomics. 2012;39:69-80 pubmed publisher..Together, these studies indicate that myosin thick filaments are required for M-line organization and M-line localization of myomesin-3. In contrast, myomesin-3 is dispensable for sarcomere organization in slow muscles...
- Rotllant J, Liu D, Yan Y, Postlethwait J, Westerfield M, Du S. Sparc (Osteonectin) functions in morphogenesis of the pharyngeal skeleton and inner ear. Matrix Biol. 2008;27:561-72 pubmed publisher..A comparison of the phenotypes of Sparc knockdown and known zebrafish mutants with similar defects places Sparc downstream of sox9 in the genetic network that regulates development of the pharyngeal skeleton and inner ear of vertebrates...
- Burnett P, Blackshaw S, Lai M, Qureshi I, Burnett A, Sabatini D, et al. Neurabin is a synaptic protein linking p70 S6 kinase and the neuronal cytoskeleton. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:8351-6 pubmed..Subcellular fractionation of rat brain demonstrates that neurabin and p70(S6k) both localize to the soluble fraction of synaptosomes. By way of its PDZ domain, the neuronal-specific neurabin may target p70(S6k) to nerve terminals. ..
- Rao M, Baraban J, Rajaii F, Sockanathan S. In vivo comparative study of RNAi methodologies by in ovo electroporation in the chick embryo. Dev Dyn. 2004;231:592-600 pubmed..Finally, we review the parameters for each of these RNA-based methods of RNAi and the controls required to analyze RNAi data in the context of the developing vertebrate embryo. ..
- Gallo C, Munro E, Rasoloson D, Merritt C, Seydoux G. Processing bodies and germ granules are distinct RNA granules that interact in C. elegans embryos. Dev Biol. 2008;323:76-87 pubmed publisher..The maternal mRNA nos-2 is maintained in germ granules, but not in P-bodies. We conclude that P-bodies are distinct from germ granules, and represent a second class of RNA granules that behaves differently in somatic and germline cells. ..
- Tirumalai R, Rajesh Kumar T, Mai K, Biswal S. Acrolein causes transcriptional induction of phase II genes by activation of Nrf2 in human lung type II epithelial (A549) cells. Toxicol Lett. 2002;132:27-36 pubmed..The ability of acrolein to transcriptionaly activate genes responsible for phase II enzymes may form the basis of resistance against cell death and can have implications in cigarette smoke related lung carcinogenesis. ..
- Buttitta L, Mo R, Hui C, Fan C. Interplays of Gli2 and Gli3 and their requirement in mediating Shh-dependent sclerotome induction. Development. 2003;130:6233-43 pubmed..We find that each Gli preferentially activates a distinct set of Shh target genes, suggesting that the functions of Shh in patterning, growth and negative feedback are divided preferentially between different Gli proteins in the somite. ..
- Beaudoin G, Sisk J, Coulombe P, Thompson C. Hairless triggers reactivation of hair growth by promoting Wnt signaling. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:14653-8 pubmed..This work links HR and Wnt function, providing a model in which HR regulates the precise timing of Wnt signaling required for hair follicle regeneration. ..
- Westra W. The changing face of head and neck cancer in the 21st century: the impact of HPV on the epidemiology and pathology of oral cancer. Head Neck Pathol. 2009;3:78-81 pubmed publisher..HPV-positive oropharyngeal cancer now dominates the head and neck oncology landscape, and its escalating incidence is impacting on diagnostic, preventive and therapeutic practices. ..
- Al Abdulla N, Rismondo V, Minkowski J, Miller N. Herpes zoster vasculitis presenting as giant cell arteritis with bilateral internuclear ophthalmoplegia. Am J Ophthalmol. 2002;134:912-4 pubmed
- Danoff S, Taylor H, Blackshaw S, Desiderio S. TFII-I, a candidate gene for Williams syndrome cognitive profile: parallels between regional expression in mouse brain and human phenotype. Neuroscience. 2004;123:931-8 pubmed..These observations are consistent with the hypothesis that deletion of the gene for TFII-I contributes to the cognitive impairments observed in WS. ..
- Maney D, Bernard D, Ball G. Gonadal steroid receptor mRNA in catecholaminergic nuclei of the canary brainstem. Neurosci Lett. 2001;311:189-92 pubmed..The substantia nigra and the midbrain central gray contained both TH-IR and AR mRNA. The presence of AR and ER-alpha within CA cell groups suggests that sex steroid hormones may modulate song production at the site of CA synthesis. ..
- Reti I, Reddy R, Worley P, Baraban J. Prominent Narp expression in projection pathways and terminal fields. J Neurochem. 2002;82:935-44 pubmed..Our results also suggest that future studies focusing on these projection pathways that express high levels of Narp, in vivo, may help to understand the regulation and function of endogenous Narp. ..
- Bredt D, Wang T, Cohen N, Guggino W, Snyder S. Cloning and expression of two brain-specific inwardly rectifying potassium channels. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995;92:6753-7 pubmed..BIRK2 is far less abundant and is selectively localized in telencephalic neurons. BIRK2 has a consensus sequence for cAMP-dependent phosphorylation. ..
- Mazzalupo S, Coulombe P. A reporter transgene based on a human keratin 6 gene promoter is specifically expressed in the periderm of mouse embryos. Mech Dev. 2001;100:65-9 pubmed..A subset of periderm cells, localized to temporary epithelial fusions, is known to contain keratin 6 protein, and we find that these cells also harbor LacZ enzymatic activity. ..
- Berman D, Desai N, Wang X, Karhadkar S, Reynon M, Abate Shen C, et al. Roles for Hedgehog signaling in androgen production and prostate ductal morphogenesis. Dev Biol. 2004;267:387-98 pubmed..Taken together, our studies indicate that the initial organogenesis of the prostate proceeds independently of Shh, but that Shh or other Hh ligands may play a role in subsequent events that pattern the prostate. ..
- Zarach J, Beaudoin G, Coulombe P, Thompson C. The co-repressor hairless has a role in epithelial cell differentiation in the skin. Development. 2004;131:4189-200 pubmed
- Wang S, Adler R. A developmentally regulated basic-leucine zipper-like gene and its expression in embryonic retina and lens. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1994;91:1351-5 pubmed
- Raufman J, Samimi R, Shah N, Khurana S, Shant J, Drachenberg C, et al. Genetic ablation of M3 muscarinic receptors attenuates murine colon epithelial cell proliferation and neoplasia. Cancer Res. 2008;68:3573-8 pubmed publisher..001). Compared with WT, azoxymethane-treated M(3)R-deficient mice have attenuated epithelial cell proliferation, tumor number, and size. M(3)R and post-M(3)R signaling are novel therapeutic targets for colon cancer. ..
- Li S, Borowitz M. Primary Epstein-Barr virus-associated Hodgkin disease of the ileum complicating Crohn disease. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2001;125:424-7 pubmed..Although rare, primary gastrointestinal Hodgkin disease arising in the setting of Crohn disease may have a stronger association with Epstein-Barr virus infection than conventional Hodgkin disease. ..
- Hiel H, Luebke A, Fuchs P. Cloning and expression of the alpha9 nicotinic acetylcholine receptor subunit in cochlear hair cells of the chick. Brain Res. 2000;858:215-25 pubmed..These findings suggest that alpha9 contributes to the ACh receptor of avian hair cells and supports the generality of this hypothesis among all vertebrates. ..
- Phatak P, Dai F, Butler M, Nandakumar M, Gutierrez P, Edelman M, et al. KML001 cytotoxic activity is associated with its binding to telomeric sequences and telomere erosion in prostate cancer cells. Clin Cancer Res. 2008;14:4593-602 pubmed publisher..In this study, we elucidated the mode of action of KML001 and investigated its effects on telomerase and telomeres...
- Deasey S, Grichenko O, Du S, Nurminskaya M. Characterization of the transglutaminase gene family in zebrafish and in vivo analysis of transglutaminase-dependent bone mineralization. Amino Acids. 2012;42:1065-75 pubmed publisher..This is the first in vivo demonstration of the crucial requirement for the TG-catalyzed cross-linking activity in bone mineralization. ..
- Ma Y, Erkner A, Gong R, Yao S, Taipale J, Basler K, et al. Hedgehog-mediated patterning of the mammalian embryo requires transporter-like function of dispatched. Cell. 2002;111:63-75 pubmed..This activity is disrupted by alteration of residues functionally conserved in Patched and in a related family of bacterial transmembrane transporters, thus suggesting similar mechanisms of action for all of these proteins. ..
- Falco G, Stanghellini I, Ko M. Use of Chuk as an internal standard suitable for quantitative RT-PCR in mouse preimplantation embryos. Reprod Biomed Online. 2006;13:394-403 pubmed..It is concluded that Chuk, unlike other commonly used normalization controls, is a reliable and suitable internal standard for measuring gene expression levels by Q-PCR in mouse oocytes and preimplantation embryos. ..
- McGaughey D, Vinton R, Huynh J, Al Saif A, Beer M, McCallion A. Metrics of sequence constraint overlook regulatory sequences in an exhaustive analysis at phox2b. Genome Res. 2008;18:252-60 pubmed..Collectively, these data demonstrate that the noncoding functional component of vertebrate genomes may far exceed estimates predicated on evolutionary constraint. ..
- Evgen ev M, Zelentsova H, Shostak N, Kozitsina M, Barskyi V, Lankenau D, et al. Penelope, a new family of transposable elements and its possible role in hybrid dysgenesis in Drosophila virilis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:196-201 pubmed
- Chang J, Esumi N, Moore K, Li Y, Zhang S, Chew C, et al. Cloning and characterization of a secreted frizzled-related protein that is expressed by the retinal pigment epithelium. Hum Mol Genet. 1999;8:575-83 pubmed..1; human SFRP2 maps to 4q31.3. Based on the biology and complementary expression patterns of SFRP2 and SFRP5, we suggest that they may be involved in determining the polarity of photoreceptor, and perhaps other, cells in the retina. ..
- Xu C, Wu G, Zohar Y, Du S. Analysis of myostatin gene structure, expression and function in zebrafish. J Exp Biol. 2003;206:4067-79 pubmed..Together, these data demonstrate that Myostatin plays an inhibitory role in hyperplastic muscle growth in zebrafish. ..
- Cai J, Ash D, Kotch L, Jabs E, Attie Bitach T, Auge J, et al. Gene expression in pharyngeal arch 1 during human embryonic development. Hum Mol Genet. 2005;14:903-12 pubmed
- Surratt C, Persico A, Yang X, Edgar S, Bird G, Hawkins A, et al. A human synaptic vesicle monoamine transporter cDNA predicts posttranslational modifications, reveals chromosome 10 gene localization and identifies TaqI RFLPs. FEBS Lett. 1993;318:325-30 pubmed..The cDNA, and a subclone, recognize TaqI polymorphisms that may prove useful to assess this gene's involvement in neuropsychiatric disorders involving monoaminergic brain systems. ..
- Gall J, Bellini M, Wu Z, Murphy C. Assembly of the nuclear transcription and processing machinery: Cajal bodies (coiled bodies) and transcriptosomes. Mol Biol Cell. 1999;10:4385-402 pubmed..An analogy can be made between ribosomes and transcriptosomes, ribosomes being unitary particles involved in translation and transcriptosomes being unitary particles for transcription and processing of RNA. ..
- Lin J, Biankin A, Horb M, Ghosh B, Prasad N, Yee N, et al. Differential requirement for ptf1a in endocrine and exocrine lineages of developing zebrafish pancreas. Dev Biol. 2004;270:474-86 pubmed..Together, these findings suggest the presence of distinct ptf1a-dependent and ptf1a-independent precursor populations in developing zebrafish pancreas. ..
- Nguyen J, Soto I, Kim K, Bushong E, Oglesby E, Valiente Soriano F, et al. Myelination transition zone astrocytes are constitutively phagocytic and have synuclein dependent reactivity in glaucoma. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:1176-81 pubmed publisher..These results suggest the possibility that a newly discovered normal degradative pathway for axons might contribute to glaucomatous neurodegeneration. ..
- Ramanathan K, Michael T, Jiang G, Hiel H, Fuchs P. A molecular mechanism for electrical tuning of cochlear hair cells. Science. 1999;283:215-7 pubmed..Interaction of beta with alpha splice variants could provide the kinetic range needed for electrical tuning of cochlear hair cells. ..
- Saiardi A, Nagata E, Luo H, Sawa A, Luo X, Snowman A, et al. Mammalian inositol polyphosphate multikinase synthesizes inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate and an inositol pyrophosphate. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:2306-11 pubmed..mIPMK also can form the pyrophosphate disphosphoinositol tetrakisphosphate (PP-InsP(4)) from InsP(5). Additionally, mIPMK forms InsP(4) from Ins(1,4,5)P(3) and InsP(5) from Ins(1,3,4,5)P(4). ..
- Abrams E, Mihoulides W, Andrew D. Fork head and Sage maintain a uniform and patent salivary gland lumen through regulation of two downstream target genes, PH4alphaSG1 and PH4alphaSG2. Development. 2006;133:3517-27 pubmed..The regulation studies and phenotypic characterization of PH4alphaSG1 and PH4alphaSG2 link Fkh, which initiates tube formation, to the maintenance of an open and uniformly sized secretory tube. ..
- Keyes L, Spradling A. The Drosophila gene fs(2)cup interacts with otu to define a cytoplasmic pathway required for the structure and function of germ-line chromosomes. Development. 1997;124:1419-31 pubmed..Moreover, cup mutations dominantly disrupt meiotic chromosome segregation. We propose that cup, otu and another interacting gene, fs(2)B, take part in a common cytoplasmic pathway with multiple functions during oogenesis. ..
- Sapirstein A, Saito H, Texel S, Samad T, O Leary E, Bonventre J. Cytosolic phospholipase A2alpha regulates induction of brain cyclooxygenase-2 in a mouse model of inflammation. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2005;288:R1774-82 pubmed..These results indicate that cPLA(2)alpha inhibition is a novel anti-inflammatory strategy that modulates, but does not completely prevent, eicosanoid responses. ..
- Rattner A, Nathans J. The genomic response to retinal disease and injury: evidence for endothelin signaling from photoreceptors to glia. J Neurosci. 2005;25:4540-9 pubmed
- Cheng L, Reed R. Zfp423/OAZ participates in a developmental switch during olfactory neurogenesis. Neuron. 2007;54:547-57 pubmed..Together, these experiments suggest that OAZ participates in a developmental switch regulating the transition from differentiation to maturation in ORNs. ..
- Jones M, Williams M, Hess E. Expression of catecholaminergic mRNAs in the hyperactive mouse mutant coloboma. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2001;96:114-21 pubmed..In situ hybridization data revealed that alpha(2A)-adrenergic receptor mRNA expression is upregulated in Cm/+ mice. These results suggest an underlying abnormality in noradrenergic regulation in this hyperactive mouse mutant. ..
- Staebler A, Heselmeyer Haddad K, Bell K, Riopel M, Perlman E, Ried T, et al. Micropapillary serous carcinoma of the ovary has distinct patterns of chromosomal imbalances by comparative genomic hybridization compared with atypical proliferative serous tumors and serous carcinomas. Hum Pathol. 2002;33:47-59 pubmed..Other cases of MPSC with independent genetic alterations may represent another subset of tumors that are a distinct entity from APST and SC...
- Potter G, Facchinetti F, Beaudoin G, Thompson C. Neuronal expression of synaptotagmin-related gene 1 is regulated by thyroid hormone during cerebellar development. J Neurosci. 2001;21:4373-80 pubmed..Neuronal and TH-regulated expression of Srg1, together with its localization to neurites, implicates Srg1 as an important component of the program of gene expression induced by TH in the developing brain. ..
- Chandrasekaran K, Mehrabian Z, Spinnewyn B, Chinopoulos C, Drieu K, Fiskum G. Neuroprotective effects of bilobalide, a component of Ginkgo biloba extract (EGb 761) in global brain ischemia and in excitotoxicity-induced neuronal death. Pharmacopsychiatry. 2003;36 Suppl 1:S89-94 pubmed
- Ronnett B, Yemelyanova A, Vang R, Gilks C, Miller D, Gravitt P, et al. Endocervical adenocarcinomas with ovarian metastases: analysis of 29 cases with emphasis on minimally invasive cervical tumors and the ability of the metastases to simulate primary ovarian neoplasms. Am J Surg Pathol. 2008;32:1835-53 pubmed publisher
- Ekker S, McGrew L, Lai C, Lee J, von Kessler D, Moon R, et al. Distinct expression and shared activities of members of the hedgehog gene family of Xenopus laevis. Development. 1995;121:2337-47 pubmed
- Myat M, Andrew D. Organ shape in the Drosophila salivary gland is controlled by regulated, sequential internalization of the primordia. Development. 2000;127:679-91 pubmed..We propose that fas is required for hkb-dependent signaling events that coordinate internalization. ..
- Hall F, Ghaed S, Pert A, Xing G. The effects of isolation rearing on glutamate receptor NMDAR1A mRNA expression determined by in situ hybridization in Fawn hooded and Wistar rats. Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 2002;73:185-91 pubmed..In some areas of the striatum and prefrontal cortex, this effect was greater in FH isolates than in FH socials, while in the hippocampus, the opposite was observed. ..
- Provost E, Wehner K, Zhong X, Ashar F, Nguyen E, Green R, et al. Ribosomal biogenesis genes play an essential and p53-independent role in zebrafish pancreas development. Development. 2012;139:3232-41 pubmed publisher..The pancreatic phenotypes observed in rpl3- and pes-deficient embryos were also independent of p53. Together, these data suggest novel p53-independent roles for ribosomal biogenesis genes in zebrafish pancreas development. ..
- Chiang C, Young K, Beachy P. Control of Drosophila tracheal branching by the novel homeodomain gene unplugged, a regulatory target for genes of the bithorax complex. Development. 1995;121:3901-12 pubmed
- Galaviz Hernandez C, Stagg C, de Ridder G, Tanaka T, Ko M, Schlessinger D, et al. Plac8 and Plac9, novel placental-enriched genes identified through microarray analysis. Gene. 2003;309:81-9 pubmed
- Fisher S, Jagadeeswaran P, Halpern M. Radiographic analysis of zebrafish skeletal defects. Dev Biol. 2003;264:64-76 pubmed..Radiography is a practical screening tool to detect subtle skeletal abnormalities in the adult zebrafish. The identification of chihuahua demonstrates that mutant phenotypes analogous to human skeletal dysplasias will be discovered. ..
- Otteson D, Liu Y, Lai H, Wang C, Gray S, Jain M, et al. Kruppel-like factor 15, a zinc-finger transcriptional regulator, represses the rhodopsin and interphotoreceptor retinoid-binding protein promoters. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2004;45:2522-30 pubmed
- Goto Kazeto R, Kight K, Zohar Y, Place A, Trant J. Localization and expression of aromatase mRNA in adult zebrafish. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2004;139:72-84 pubmed..The differential expression of the aromatase genes, particularly CYP19A2 in the brain, suggests that the two aromatase genes play different roles in the reproductive behavior and/or physiology of bony fish. ..
- Darlington D, Schiller M, Mains R, Eipper B. The expression of regulated endocrine-specific protein of 18 kDa in peptidergic cells of rat peripheral endocrine tissues and in blood. J Endocrinol. 1997;155:329-41 pubmed..The broad neuroendocrine distribution of RESP18 suggests that it subserves an important function in the secretory pathway that is common to the production of many secreted peptides. ..
- Hemann M, Greider C. G-strand overhangs on telomeres in telomerase-deficient mouse cells. Nucleic Acids Res. 1999;27:3964-9 pubmed..Quantitation of overhang signal intensity showed no significant reduction in telomerase-deficient cells relative to wild-type. These results support a telomerase-independent mechanism for generating G-strand overhangs. ..
- Frydman H, Spradling A. The receptor-like tyrosine phosphatase lar is required for epithelial planar polarity and for axis determination within drosophila ovarian follicles. Development. 2001;128:3209-20 pubmed..Our studies suggest that positional information can be stored transiently in the ECM. A major function of Lar may be to transduce such signals. ..
- Ko M. Embryogenomics: developmental biology meets genomics. Trends Biotechnol. 2001;19:511-8 pubmed..This article discusses these new approaches and their applications to mammalian developmental biology...
- Wallenfang M, Seydoux G. cdk-7 Is required for mRNA transcription and cell cycle progression in Caenorhabditis elegans embryos. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:5527-32 pubmed..Our results support a dual role for metazoan CDK7 as a broadly required CTD kinase, and as a CAK essential for cell cycle progression. ..
- Wang M, Lakatta E. Altered regulation of matrix metalloproteinase-2 in aortic remodeling during aging. Hypertension. 2002;39:865-73 pubmed..These factors are candidate mechanisms for age-associated vascular remodeling, a potent risk factor for vascular diseases with advancing age. ..
- Kim A, Lee C, Schlessinger D. Bex3 associates with replicating mitochondria and is involved in possible growth control of F9 teratocarcinoma cells. Gene. 2004;343:79-89 pubmed..Thus, Bex3 may be required in target tissues for mitochondrial function at a distinct phase of the cellular growth cycle...
- Gong J, Onaivi E, Ishiguro H, Liu Q, Tagliaferro P, Brusco A, et al. Cannabinoid CB2 receptors: immunohistochemical localization in rat brain. Brain Res. 2006;1071:10-23 pubmed..The multifocal expression of CB2 immunoreactivity in glial and neuronal patterns in a number of brain regions suggests reevaluation of the possible roles that CB2 receptors may play in the brain. ..
- Chen J, Nathans J. Estrogen-related receptor beta/NR3B2 controls epithelial cell fate and endolymph production by the stria vascularis. Dev Cell. 2007;13:325-37 pubmed..A systematic comparison of transcripts in the WT versus Nr3b2(-/-) stria vascularis has identified a set of genes that is likely to play a role in the development and/or function of endolymph-producing epithelia...
- Schaeffer E, Marchionni L, Huang Z, Simons B, Blackman A, Yu W, et al. Androgen-induced programs for prostate epithelial growth and invasion arise in embryogenesis and are reactivated in cancer. Oncogene. 2008;27:7180-91 pubmed publisher..These results credential early prostate development as a reliable and valid model system for the investigation of genes and pathways that drive prostate cancer. ..
- Kondo M, Tajinda K, Colantuoni C, Hiyama H, Seshadri S, Huang B, et al. Unique pharmacological actions of atypical neuroleptic quetiapine: possible role in cell cycle/fate control. Transl Psychiatry. 2013;3:e243 pubmed publisher..We propose that cell cycle-associated intervention by quetiapine in the frontal cortex may underlie a unique efficacy of quetiapine compared with typical neuroleptics. ..
- Bunton T, Biery N, Myers L, Gayraud B, Ramirez F, Dietz H. Phenotypic alteration of vascular smooth muscle cells precedes elastolysis in a mouse model of Marfan syndrome. Circ Res. 2001;88:37-43 pubmed..This refined understanding of the pathogenesis of vascular disease in Marfan syndrome will facilitate the development of therapeutic strategies. ..
- Anisimov S, Tarasov K, Riordon D, Wobus A, Boheler K. SAGE identification of differentiation responsive genes in P19 embryonic cells induced to form cardiomyocytes in vitro. Mech Dev. 2002;117:25-74 pubmed..These SAGE libraries thus serve as a reference resource for understanding the role of differentiation-dependent genes in embryonic stem cell models induced to form cardiomyocytes in vitro. ..
- Gu C, Yoshida Y, Livet J, Reimert D, Mann F, Merte J, et al. Semaphorin 3E and plexin-D1 control vascular pattern independently of neuropilins. Science. 2005;307:265-8 pubmed..These findings reveal an unexpected semaphorin signaling pathway and define a mechanism for controlling vascular patterning. ..
- Shen W, Plachez C, Mongi A, Richards L. Identification of candidate genes at the corticoseptal boundary during development. Gene Expr Patterns. 2006;6:471-81 pubmed..An RNase Protection Assay (RPA) revealed that the expression of G39F8, G24F3 and LZIP increase markedly in the telencephalon at E16 and continue to be expressed until at least P0, during the period when the corpus callosum is forming. ..
- Miyares R, Stein C, Renisch B, Anderson J, Hammerschmidt M, Farber S. Long-chain Acyl-CoA synthetase 4A regulates Smad activity and dorsoventral patterning in the zebrafish embryo. Dev Cell. 2013;27:635-47 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal a critical role for Acsl4a in modulating Bmp-Smad activity and provide a potential avenue for LC-PUFAs to influence a variety of developmental processes. ..
- Pinco K, Liu S, Yang J. alpha4 integrin is expressed in a subset of cranial neural crest cells and in epicardial progenitor cells during early mouse development. Mech Dev. 2001;100:99-103 pubmed..alpha 4 is also expressed in epicardial progenitor cells in the septum transversum that migrate to the heart. ..
- Kim E, Miller I, Aja S, Landree L, Pinn M, McFadden J, et al. C75, a fatty acid synthase inhibitor, reduces food intake via hypothalamic AMP-activated protein kinase. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:19970-6 pubmed..These data indicate that modulation of FAS activity in the hypothalamus can alter energy perception via AMPK, which functions as a physiological energy sensor in the hypothalamus. ..
- Lu J, Barron Casella E, Deering R, Heinzer A, Moser A, deMesy Bentley K, et al. The role of peroxisomal ABC transporters in the mouse adrenal gland: the loss of Abcd2 (ALDR), Not Abcd1 (ALD), causes oxidative damage. Lab Invest. 2007;87:261-72 pubmed