Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Rockville, Maryland, United States
Locale: Rockville, Maryland, United States
Publications795 found, 100 shown here
- Julie N, Julie I, Kende A, Wilson G. Mitochondrial dysfunction and delayed hepatotoxicity: another lesson from troglitazone. Diabetologia. 2008;51:2108-16 pubmed publisher..Such proactive investigation may anticipate clinical risk before a large-scale therapeutic misadventure occurs. Drug-induced liver injury due to mitochondrial hepatotoxins may be less unpredictable than has previously been surmised. ..
- Encinosa W, Bernard D, Dor A. Does prescription drug adherence reduce hospitalizations and costs? The case of diabetes. Adv Health Econ Health Serv Res. 2010;22:151-73 pubmed..In this chapter, we estimate the direct impact of adherence on hospitalizations and costs. ..
- Huang Y, Lei Y, Zhang H, Zhang M, Dayton A. Role of interleukin-18 in human natural killer cell is associated with interleukin-2. Mol Immunol. 2010;47:2604-10 pubmed publisher..These results reveal that the effects of IL-18 on human NK cell are associated with IL-2 concentration and suggest the importance of IL-2 level in cytokine immunotherapy...
- Shiels M, Pfeiffer R, Gail M, Hall H, Li J, Chaturvedi A, et al. Cancer burden in the HIV-infected population in the United States. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2011;103:753-62 pubmed publisher..Over a 15-year period (1991-2005), increases in non-AIDS-defining cancers were mainly driven by growth and aging of the AIDS population. This growing burden requires targeted cancer prevention and treatment strategies. ..
- Huang Y, Lei Y, Zhang H, Zhang M, Dayton A. Interleukin-12 treatment down-regulates STAT4 and induces apoptosis with increasing ROS production in human natural killer cells. J Leukoc Biol. 2011;90:87-97 pubmed publisher..These findings provide new insights into IL-12 regulation in human NK cells, where IL-12 initially promotes NK cell activation but subsequently limits this response through a negative-feedback mechanism. ..
- Potter R, Cantrell J, Mallak C, Gaydos J. Adenovirus-associated deaths in US military during postvaccination period, 1999-2010. Emerg Infect Dis. 2012;18:507-9 pubmed publisher..Review of records in the Mortality Surveillance Division, Armed Forces Medical Examiner System, identified 8 deaths attributed to adenovirus infections in service members during 1999-2010. ..
- Portugal S, Doumtabe D, Traore B, Miller L, Troye Blomberg M, Doumbo O, et al. B cell analysis of ethnic groups in Mali with differential susceptibility to malaria. Malar J. 2012;11:162 pubmed publisher..falciparum infection is associated with a higher percentage of plasma cells in the Fulani compared to the Dogon, findings that may account for the higher levels of P. falciparum antibodies in the Fulani. ..
- Gail M. Using multiple risk models with preventive interventions. Stat Med. 2012;31:2687-96 pubmed publisher..Depending on the discriminatory accuracies of the risk models, there may be considerable advantage to modeling the risks of more than one health outcome. ..
- Koenig L, Gu Q. Growth of ambulatory surgical centers, surgery volume, and savings to medicare. Am J Gastroenterol. 2013;108:10-5 pubmed publisher..The study demonstrates that continued growth of ASCs could reduce Medicare spending, because ASCs are paid a fraction of the amount paid to hospital outpatient departments for the same services. ..
- Sampson J, Boca S, Shu X, Stolzenberg Solomon R, Matthews C, Hsing A, et al. Metabolomics in epidemiology: sources of variability in metabolite measurements and implications. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2013;22:631-40 pubmed publisher..We offer guidelines for determining the sample sizes needed to conduct metabolomic studies in epidemiology. ..
- Buck Louis G, Peterson C, Chen Z, Croughan M, Sundaram R, Stanford J, et al. Bisphenol A and phthalates and endometriosis: the Endometriosis: Natural History, Diagnosis and Outcomes Study. Fertil Steril. 2013;100:162-9.e1-2 pubmed publisher..The lack of consistency of findings across cohorts underscores the impact of methodology on findings. ..
- Irvin V, Kaplan R. Effect Sizes and Primary Outcomes in Large-Budget, Cardiovascular-Related Behavioral Randomized Controlled Trials Funded by NIH Since 1980. Ann Behav Med. 2016;50:130-46 pubmed publisher..Nine trials assessed mortality, and all were null for this outcome. Behavioral trials complied with trial registration standards. Most reported a physiological benefit, but few documented morbidity or mortality benefits. ..
- Madan B, Walker M, Young R, Quick L, Orgel K, Ryan M, et al. USP6 oncogene promotes Wnt signaling by deubiquitylating Frizzleds. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:E2945-54 pubmed publisher..Our study defines an additional route to ectopic Wnt pathway activation in human disease, and identifies a potential approach to modulate Wnt signaling for therapeutic benefit. ..
- Uchida N, Washington K, Mozer B, Platner C, Ballantine J, Skala L, et al. RNA Trans-Splicing Targeting Endogenous ?-Globin Pre-Messenger RNA in Human Erythroid Cells. Hum Gene Ther Methods. 2017;28:91-99 pubmed publisher..Detectable levels of trans-splicing were obtained for endogenous ?-globin RNA in human erythroid cells. These methods provide the basis for future trans-splicing directed gene therapy. ..
- Li W, Amet T, Xing Y, Yang D, Liangpunsakul S, Puri P, et al. Alcohol abstinence ameliorates the dysregulated immune profiles in patients with alcoholic hepatitis: A prospective observational study. Hepatology. 2017;66:575-590 pubmed publisher..AH patients were in a highly immune-dysregulated state, whereas HDC showed little evidence of immune activation; alcohol abstinence reversed most, but not all, of the immunological abnormalities. (Hepatology 2017;66:575-590). ..
- Hartmann R, Olsen H, Widder S, Jorgensen R, Justesen J. p59OASL, a 2'-5' oligoadenylate synthetase like protein: a novel human gene related to the 2'-5' oligoadenylate synthetase family. Nucleic Acids Res. 1998;26:4121-8 pubmed
- Li H, Wu D, Sullivan S. Characterization and expression of sema4g, a novel member of the semaphorin gene family. Mech Dev. 1999;87:169-73 pubmed
- Tormo J, Natarajan K, Margulies D, Mariuzza R. Crystal structure of a lectin-like natural killer cell receptor bound to its MHC class I ligand. Nature. 1999;402:623-31 pubmed..Both Ly49A binding sites on MHC-I are spatially distinct from that of the T-cell receptor. ..
- Wong H, Hellinger F. Conducting research on the Medicare market: the need for better data and methods. Health Serv Res. 2001;36:291-308 pubmed..Improved data collection, better methods, new creative approaches, and alternative data sources are needed to address these issues in a timely and suitable manner. ..
- Leiby D, Chung A, Cable R, Trouern Trend J, McCullough J, Homer M, et al. Relationship between tick bites and the seroprevalence of Babesia microti and Anaplasma phagocytophila (previously Ehrlichia sp.) in blood donors. Transfusion. 2002;42:1585-91 pubmed..Despite an increased recognition of the threat tick-borne agents pose to blood safety, our understanding of the prevalence and transmissibility of these agents in blood donors is limited...
- Arie T, Fairhurst R, Brittain N, Wellems T, Dvorak J. Hemoglobin C modulates the surface topography of Plasmodium falciparum-infected erythrocytes. J Struct Biol. 2005;150:163-9 pubmed..These data support a model in which large knobs and their aggregates are promoted by hemoglobin C, reducing the adherence of parasitized erythrocytes in the microvasculature and ameliorating the severity of a malaria infection. ..
- Irwin J, Leney M, Loreille O, Barritt S, Christensen A, Holland T, et al. Application of low copy number STR typing to the identification of aged, degraded skeletal remains. J Forensic Sci. 2007;52:1322-7 pubmed
- Hill S. The accuracy of reported insurance status in the MEPS. Inquiry. 2007;44:443-68 pubmed..Regression analysis is used to assess the extent to which factors are associated with disagreements in reported insurance status across sources. ..
- Collett M, Neyts J, Modlin J. A case for developing antiviral drugs against polio. Antiviral Res. 2008;79:179-87 pubmed publisher..Given the timelines for eradication and those for drug development, the time for action is now. ..
- Li Z, Wang H, Xue L, Shin D, Roopenian D, Xu W, et al. Emu-BCL10 mice exhibit constitutive activation of both canonical and noncanonical NF-kappaB pathways generating marginal zone (MZ) B-cell expansion as a precursor to splenic MZ lymphoma. Blood. 2009;114:4158-68 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that, in addition to constitutive activation of BCL10 in MZ B cells, other genetic factors or environmental influences are required for short latency oncogenic transformation. ..
- Davis C, Milner J. Gastrointestinal microflora, food components and colon cancer prevention. J Nutr Biochem. 2009;20:743-52 pubmed publisher..Overall, a dynamic interrelationship exists between the intestinal microbiota and colon cancer risk, which can be modified by dietary components and eating behaviors. ..
- Singh G, Siahpush M, Hiatt R, Timsina L. Dramatic increases in obesity and overweight prevalence and body mass index among ethnic-immigrant and social class groups in the United States, 1976-2008. J Community Health. 2011;36:94-110 pubmed publisher..Continued immigrant and socioeconomic disparities in prevalence will likely have substantial impacts on future obesity trends in the US. ..
- Kresina T, Lubran R. Improving public health through access to and utilization of medication assisted treatment. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2011;8:4102-17 pubmed publisher..MAT programs that offer comprehensive services and medical care options can best contribute to improving the health of these individuals thereby enhancing the health of the community. ..
- ..We conclude by considering how its occurrence might be minimized in the event of a return to universal vaccination. ..
- Steiner C, Friedman B. Hospital utilization, costs, and mortality for adults with multiple chronic conditions, Nationwide Inpatient Sample, 2009. Prev Chronic Dis. 2013;10:E62 pubmed publisher..This descriptive analysis of multipayer inpatient data provides a robust national view of the substantial use and costs among adults hospitalized with MCC. ..
- Pappas A, Shankaran S, McDonald S, Vohr B, Hintz S, Ehrenkranz R, et al. Cognitive outcomes after neonatal encephalopathy. Pediatrics. 2015;135:e624-34 pubmed publisher..Cognitive impairment remains an important concern for all children with neonatal encephalopathy. ..
- Yang H, Chen H, Marsteller J, Liang L, Shi L, Wang Y. Patient-health care professional gender or race/ethnicity concordance and its association with weight-related advice in the United States. Patient Educ Couns. 2016;99:271-8 pubmed publisher..Health care providers need be empowered, particularly white and male HCPs, to improve delivery of weight-related advice. It may reflect better of receiving weight-related advice based on patients' recall. ..
- Engels E, Switzer W, Heneine W, Viscidi R. Serologic evidence for exposure to simian virus 40 in North American zoo workers. J Infect Dis. 2004;190:2065-9 pubmed..3%, respectively; P=.04). SV40 seroreactivity therefore may reflect zoonotic exposure. ..
- Ducci F, Enoch M, Hodgkinson C, Xu K, Catena M, Robin R, et al. Interaction between a functional MAOA locus and childhood sexual abuse predicts alcoholism and antisocial personality disorder in adult women. Mol Psychiatry. 2008;13:334-47 pubmed..Haplotype-based analysis of the MAOA gene appeared to strengthen the association, as compared to the MAOA-LPR locus alone. A MAOB haplotype was associated with alcoholism independently from ASPD. ..
- ..It is critical for any medical personnel responsible for athletes in team sports to have a plan for stabilization and transfer of an athlete who sustains a cervical spine injury...
- Langer E. Trends in capacity utilization for therapeutic monoclonal antibody production. MAbs. 2009;1:151-6 pubmed..These shifts will need to be measured in subsequent studies. ..
- Trabert B, Sigurdson A, Sweeney A, Amato R, Strom S, McGlynn K. Baldness, acne and testicular germ cell tumours. Int J Androl. 2011;34:e59-67 pubmed publisher..Additional studies of endogenous hormone levels during puberty and early adult life are warranted, especially studies evaluating the role of androgen synthesis, metabolism and uptake. ..
- Zou Z, Chastain A, Moir S, Ford J, Trandem K, Martinelli E, et al. Siglecs facilitate HIV-1 infection of macrophages through adhesion with viral sialic acids. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e24559 pubmed publisher..This glycan-mediated viral adhesion underscores the importance of viral sialic acids in HIV infection and pathogenesis, and suggests a novel class of antiviral compounds targeting Siglec receptors. ..
- Boudreau H, Casterline B, Burke D, Leto T. Wild-type and mutant p53 differentially regulate NADPH oxidase 4 in TGF-?-mediated migration of human lung and breast epithelial cells. Br J Cancer. 2014;110:2569-82 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our findings define novel opposing functions for WT-p53 and mutant p53 proteins in regulating Nox4-dependent signalling in TGF-?-mediated cell motility. ..
- Serrano K, Yu M, Riley W, Patel V, Hughes P, Marchesini K, et al. Willingness to Exchange Health Information via Mobile Devices: Findings From a Population-Based Survey. Ann Fam Med. 2016;14:34-40 pubmed publisher..Both information type and demographic group should be considered when developing and tailoring mobile technologies for patient-clinician communication. ..
- Ananyeva N, Kouiavskaia D, Shima M, Saenko E. Intrinsic pathway of blood coagulation contributes to thrombogenicity of atherosclerotic plaque. Blood. 2002;99:4475-85 pubmed..Our data predict that the intrinsic pathway significantly enhances thrombogenicity of atherosclerotic lesions after removal of the endothelial layer and exposure of SMCs and macrophages to blood flow. ..
- Kabat J, Borrego F, Brooks A, Coligan J. Role that each NKG2A immunoreceptor tyrosine-based inhibitory motif plays in mediating the human CD94/NKG2A inhibitory signal. J Immunol. 2002;169:1948-58 pubmed..This probably reflects the opposite orientation of the ITIMs in type II vs type I proteins. ..
- Fumo G, Akin C, Metcalfe D, Neckers L. 17-Allylamino-17-demethoxygeldanamycin (17-AAG) is effective in down-regulating mutated, constitutively activated KIT protein in human mast cells. Blood. 2004;103:1078-84 pubmed..These data provide compelling evidence that 17-AAG may be effective in the treatment of c-kit-related diseases including mastocytosis, GISTs, mast cell leukemia, subtypes of acute myelogenous leukemia, and testicular cancer. ..
- Sakoda L, Graubard B, Evans A, London W, Lin W, Shen F, et al. Toenail selenium and risk of hepatocellular carcinoma mortality in Haimen City, China. Int J Cancer. 2005;115:618-24 pubmed
- Abnet C, Fagundes R, Strickland P, Kamangar F, Roth M, Taylor P, et al. The influence of genetic polymorphisms in Ahr, CYP1A1, CYP1A2, CYP1B1, GST M1, GST T1 and UGT1A1 on urine 1-hydroxypyrene glucuronide concentrations in healthy subjects from Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil. Carcinogenesis. 2007;28:112-7 pubmed..10; and a model combining both exposure and genotype information had a total r2 of 0.33. Our results suggest that CYP1B1 genotypes are strongly associated with urine 1-OHPG concentrations in this population. ..
- Huaman M, Martin L, Malkin E, Narum D, Miller L, Mahanty S, et al. Ex vivo cytokine and memory T cell responses to the 42-kDa fragment of Plasmodium falciparum merozoite surface protein-1 in vaccinated volunteers. J Immunol. 2008;180:1451-61 pubmed..The identification of human-specific CD4(+) memory T cells provides the foundation for future studies of these cells both after vaccination and in field studies. ..
- Rada B, Lekstrom K, Damian S, Dupuy C, Leto T. The Pseudomonas toxin pyocyanin inhibits the dual oxidase-based antimicrobial system as it imposes oxidative stress on airway epithelial cells. J Immunol. 2008;181:4883-93 pubmed..These data establish a novel role for pyocyanin in the survival of P. aeruginosa in human airways through competitive redox-based reactions between the pathogen and host. ..
- Niu M, Ball R, Woo E, Burwen D, Knippen M, Braun M. Adverse events after anthrax vaccination reported to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS), 1990-2007. Vaccine. 2009;27:290-7 pubmed publisher..Continued monitoring of VAERS and analysis of potential associations between AVA vaccination and rare, serious events is warranted. ..
- Morton L, Purdue M, Zheng T, Wang S, Armstrong B, Zhang Y, et al. Risk of non-Hodgkin lymphoma associated with germline variation in genes that regulate the cell cycle, apoptosis, and lymphocyte development. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2009;18:1259-70 pubmed publisher..Replication of our findings and further study to identify functional SNPs are warranted. ..
- Trabert B, Sigurdson A, Sweeney A, Strom S, McGlynn K. Marijuana use and testicular germ cell tumors. Cancer. 2011;117:848-53 pubmed publisher..Additional studies of marijuana use and TGCTs are warranted, especially studies evaluating the role of endocannabinoid signaling and cannabinoid receptors in TGCTs. ..
- Hou L, Jiang B, Chen M, Ng J, Hurley C. The characteristics of allelic polymorphism in killer-immunoglobulin-like receptor framework genes in African Americans. Immunogenetics. 2011;63:549-59 pubmed publisher..Pairwise comparisons among all of the alleles at each locus suggest a predominance of synonymous substitutions. The variation at all three framework loci fits a neutral model of evolution. ..
- Wells K, Omer S. The financial impact of a state adopting a personal/philosophical belief exemption policy: modeling the cost of pertussis disease in infants, children and adolescents. Vaccine. 2012;30:5901-4 pubmed publisher..We project that adding a philosophical/personal belief exemption will cost 50% more dollars annually. ..
- Luhn P, Houldsworth J, Cahill L, Schiffman M, Castle P, Zuna R, et al. Chromosomal gains measured in cytology samples from women with abnormal cervical cancer screening results. Gynecol Oncol. 2013;130:595-600 pubmed publisher..Chromosomal gains at 3q26, 5p15, 20q13 and cen7 are associated with severity of cervical lesions. Further studies are required to quantify risk stratification of FISH assays for cervical cancer screening. ..
- Shimony M, Schliep K, Schisterman E, Ahrens K, Sjaarda L, Rotman Y, et al. The relationship between sugar-sweetened beverages and liver enzymes among healthy premenopausal women: a prospective cohort study. Eur J Nutr. 2016;55:569-576 pubmed publisher..8 % (95 % CI 1.5, 20.9)]. Sugar-sweetened beverages were associated with higher serum ALT and AST concentrations among healthy premenopausal women, indicating that habitual consumption of even moderate SSB may elicit hepatic lipogenesis. ..
- Chen M, Jackson A. The role of metabolites in bioequivalency assessment. I. Linear pharmacokinetics without first-pass effect. Pharm Res. 1991;8:25-32 pubmed..In all cases, the interval of the 90% confidence limit for Cmax of the metabolite is always smaller than that of the parent drug, regardless of the drug pharmacokinetics and the level of error contained in the data. ..
- Brooks A, Borrego F, Posch P, Patamawenu A, Scorzelli C, Ulbrecht M, et al. Specific recognition of HLA-E, but not classical, HLA class I molecules by soluble CD94/NKG2A and NK cells. J Immunol. 1999;162:305-13 pubmed..Thus CD94/NKG2A recognition of HLA-E is controlled by peptide at two levels; first, peptide must stabilize HLA-E and promote cell surface expression, and second, the HLA-E/peptide complex must form the ligand for CD94/NKG2A. ..
- Soliman N. Homeopathy: the other medicine. Md Med. 2002;3:23-5 pubmed
- Leiby D, Gill J. Transfusion-transmitted tick-borne infections: a cornucopia of threats. Transfus Med Rev. 2004;18:293-306 pubmed..Given that interactions between humans and ticks are likely to increase in the future, vigilance is required as new and extant tick-borne agents pose potential threats to transfusion safety. ..
- Pugacheva E, Tiwari V, Abdullaev Z, Vostrov A, Flanagan P, Quitschke W, et al. Familial cases of point mutations in the XIST promoter reveal a correlation between CTCF binding and pre-emptive choices of X chromosome inactivation. Hum Mol Genet. 2005;14:953-65 pubmed..These observations are in keeping with the possibility that the choice of X chromosome inactivation reflects stabilization of a higher order chromatin conformation impinging on the CTCF-XIST promoter complex. ..
- Joskow R, Barr D, Barr J, Calafat A, Needham L, Rubin C. Exposure to bisphenol A from bis-glycidyl dimethacrylate-based dental sealants. J Am Dent Assoc. 2006;137:353-62 pubmed..Dental sealants may be a point source for low-level BPA exposure at levels that show health effects in rodents. Further research is required to determine whether human exposure to BPA at these levels causes adverse effects. ..
- Masoudi G. Legal developments in the enforcement of food and drug law. Food Drug Law J. 2008;63:585-92 pubmed
- Fedorova N, Harris S, Chen D, Denning D, Yu J, Cotty P, et al. Using aCGH to study intraspecific genetic variability in two pathogenic molds, Aspergillus fumigatus and Aspergillus flavus. Med Mycol. 2009;47 Suppl 1:S34-41 pubmed publisher..Preliminary evidence suggests that gene flow in both species is largely constrained by VCG boundaries, although further VCG sampling is required to confirm this observation. ..
- Freedman N, Silverman D, Hollenbeck A, Schatzkin A, Abnet C. Association between smoking and risk of bladder cancer among men and women. JAMA. 2011;306:737-45 pubmed publisher..Compared with a pooled estimate of US data from cohorts initiated between 1963 and 1987, relative risks for smoking in the more recent NIH-AARP Diet and Health Study cohort were higher, with PARs for women comparable with those for men. ..
- Cohen S, Sonderman J, Mumma M, Signorello L, Blot W. Individual and neighborhood-level socioeconomic characteristics in relation to smoking prevalence among black and white adults in the Southeastern United States: a cross-sectional study. BMC Public Health. 2011;11:877 pubmed publisher..Lower neighborhood-level SES is associated with increased smoking suggesting that cessation programs may benefit from targeting higher-risk neighborhoods as well as individuals. ..
- Katki H, Li Y, Edelstein D, Castle P. Estimating the agreement and diagnostic accuracy of two diagnostic tests when one test is conducted on only a subsample of specimens. Stat Med. 2012;31:436-48 pubmed publisher..To help promote subsampling designs, our R package CompareTests computes all of our agreement and diagnostic accuracy statistics. ..
- Uchime O, Herrera R, Reiter K, Kotova S, Shimp R, Miura K, et al. Analysis of the conformation and function of the Plasmodium falciparum merozoite proteins MTRAP and PTRAMP. Eukaryot Cell. 2012;11:615-25 pubmed publisher..MTRAP- and in general PTRAMP-specific antibodies failed to inhibit P. falciparum development in vitro. Altogether, MTRAP is a highly extended bifunctional protein that binds to an erythrocyte receptor and the merozoite motor. ..
- Mondul A, Weinstein S, Moy K, Mannisto S, Albanes D. Vitamin D-binding protein, circulating vitamin D and risk of renal cell carcinoma. Int J Cancer. 2014;134:2699-706 pubmed publisher..61, 95% CI = 0.95-2.73; p-trend = 0.09]. The strong protective association observed between higher circulating DBP concentration and kidney cancer risk requires replication but suggests a vitamin D-independent influence of DBP. ..
- Xu L, Li G, Wang J, Fan Y, Wan Z, Zhang S, et al. Through an ITIM-independent mechanism the Fc?RIIB blocks B cell activation by disrupting the colocalized microclustering of the B cell receptor and CD19. J Immunol. 2014;192:5179-91 pubmed publisher..These observations may also provide new targets for therapies for systemic autoimmune disease. ..
- Holst J, Buse J, Rodbard H, Linjawi S, Woo V, Boesgaard T, et al. IDegLira Improves Both Fasting and Postprandial Glucose Control as Demonstrated Using Continuous Glucose Monitoring and a Standardized Meal Test. J Diabetes Sci Technol. 2015;10:389-97 pubmed publisher..The improvement is at least partially explained by higher endogenous insulin secretion and improved beta cell function with IDegLira. The benefits of liraglutide on PPG control are maintained across all main meals in the combination. ..
- Kiss J, Birch R, Steele W, Wright D, Cable R. Quantification of body iron and iron absorption in the REDS-II Donor Iron Status Evaluation (RISE) study. Transfusion. 2017;57:1656-1664 pubmed publisher..In contrast to using ferritin alone, this model allows assessment of the iron content of red blood cells and the degree of both iron surplus and depletion over time. ..
- Guise J, Butler M, Chang C, Viswanathan M, Pigott T, Tugwell P. AHRQ series on complex intervention systematic reviews-paper 6: PRISMA-CI extension statement and checklist. J Clin Epidemiol. 2017;90:43-50 pubmed publisher..PRISMA-CI provides an important structure and guidance for systematic reviews and meta-analyses for the highly prevalent and dynamic field of complex interventions. ..
- Palmer C, Brunner E, Ruiz Flores L, Páez Agraz F, Revicki D. A cost-effectiveness clinical decision analysis model for treatment of Schizophrenia. Arch Med Res. 2002;33:572-80 pubmed..Olanzapine results in slightly improved patient outcomes and comparable costs compared with risperidone. ..
- Davis C, Hartmuller V, Freedman D, Hartge P, Picciano M, Swanson C, et al. Vitamin D and cancer: current dilemmas and future needs. Nutr Rev. 2007;65:S71-4 pubmed
- Godyna S, Diaz Ricart M, Argraves W. Fibulin-1 mediates platelet adhesion via a bridge of fibrinogen. Blood. 1996;88:2569-77 pubmed..This bridging phenomenon may represent a general mechanism by which platelets interact with exposed subendothelial matrices following vascular injury. ..
- Morsli H, Tuorto F, Choo D, Postiglione M, Simeone A, Wu D. Otx1 and Otx2 activities are required for the normal development of the mouse inner ear. Development. 1999;126:2335-43 pubmed..These results suggest that both Otx genes play important and differing roles in the morphogenesis of the mouse inner ear and the development of its sensory organs...
- Dodd R, Notari E, Stramer S. Current prevalence and incidence of infectious disease markers and estimated window-period risk in the American Red Cross blood donor population. Transfusion. 2002;42:975-9 pubmed..These data cover about half of all the whole blood collected in the United States. They suggest increasing improvement in transfusion safety and clearly define the benefit of pooled NAT. ..
- Schiffman M, Solomon D. Findings to date from the ASCUS-LSIL Triage Study (ALTS). Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2003;127:946-9 pubmed..Many additional analyses are underway. ..
- Riazuddin S, Khan S, Ahmed Z, Ghosh M, Caution K, Nazli S, et al. Mutations in TRIOBP, which encodes a putative cytoskeletal-organizing protein, are associated with nonsyndromic recessive deafness. Am J Hum Genet. 2006;78:137-43 pubmed..Genetic heterogeneity at this locus is suggested by three additional families that show significant evidence of linkage of deafness to markers on chromosome 22q13 but that apparently have no mutations in the TRIOBP gene. ..
- McMahon A, Zinderman C, Ball R, Gupta G, Braun M. Comparison of military and civilian reporting rates for smallpox vaccine adverse events. Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf. 2007;16:597-604 pubmed
- Mahajan R, Blair A, Coble J, Lynch C, Hoppin J, Sandler D, et al. Carbaryl exposure and incident cancer in the Agricultural Health Study. Int J Cancer. 2007;121:1799-805 pubmed..No associations were observed with other examined cancer sites. Because the observed results were not hypothesized a priori and because of limited study of their biological plausibility, they should be interpreted with caution...
- Mans B, Andersen J, Schwan T, Ribeiro J. Characterization of anti-hemostatic factors in the argasid, Argas monolakensis: implications for the evolution of blood-feeding in the soft tick family. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2008;38:22-41 pubmed..This cross-reactivity could have facilitated the switching of soft ticks from avian to mammalian hosts and can explain in part the ability of Argas ticks, to feed on humans, thereby remaining a possible health risk...
- Zuvekas S, Olin G. Validating household reports of health care use in the medical expenditure panel survey. Health Serv Res. 2009;44:1679-700 pubmed publisher..Household respondents in the validation sample accurately report inpatient hospitalizations but underreport ED and office visits. Behavioral analyses are largely unaffected because underreporting cuts across all sociodemographic groups. ..