Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Bethesda, Maryland, United States
Locale: Bethesda, Maryland, United States
Publications2977 found, 100 shown here
- Pommier Y, Barcelo J, Rao V, Sordet O, Jobson A, Thibaut L, et al. Repair of topoisomerase I-mediated DNA damage. Prog Nucleic Acid Res Mol Biol. 2006;81:179-229 pubmed
- Ries M, Clarke J, Whybra C, Mehta A, Loveday K, Brady R, et al. Enzyme replacement in Fabry disease: pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of agalsidase alpha in children and adolescents. J Clin Pharmacol. 2007;47:1222-30 pubmed..Except for clearance in younger patients, agalsidase alpha appears to have comparable pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic profiles in pediatric and adult Fabry patients of both genders. ..
- Asthagiri A, Parry D, Butman J, Kim H, Tsilou E, Zhuang Z, et al. Neurofibromatosis type 2. Lancet. 2009;373:1974-86 pubmed publisher..We review the molecular pathogenesis, genetics, clinical findings, and management strategies for neurofibromatosis type 2. ..
- Laughon S, Reddy U, Sun L, Zhang J. Precursors for late preterm birth in singleton gestations. Obstet Gynecol. 2010;116:1047-55 pubmed publisher..A significant number of late preterm births were potentially avoidable. Elective deliveries should be postponed until 39 weeks of gestation. II. ..
- Troendle J, Mills J. Correction for multiplicity in genetic association studies of triads: the permutational TDT. Ann Hum Genet. 2011;75:284-91 pubmed publisher..We conclude that permutation tests are more powerful for identifying disease-associated SNPs in candidate gene studies and are useful for analysis of triad studies. ..
- Boris R, Gupta G, Linehan W, Pinto P, Bratslavsky G. Robot-assisted laparoscopic partial adrenalectomy: initial experience. Urology. 2011;77:775-80 pubmed publisher..2 months (range, 2-29). RALPA appears safe and feasible in our early experience. Only 1 patient in our series required steroid replacement. Local recurrence rates are low but will require longer follow-up. ..
- Roessler S, Long E, Budhu A, Chen Y, Zhao X, Ji J, et al. Integrative genomic identification of genes on 8p associated with hepatocellular carcinoma progression and patient survival. Gastroenterology. 2012;142:957-966.e12 pubmed publisher..We used an unbiased approach to identify 10 genes associated with HCC progression. These might be used in assisting diagnosis and to stage tumors based on gene expression patterns. ..
- Lin Y, Salem N, Wells E, Zhou W, Loewke J, Brown J, et al. Automated high-throughput fatty acid analysis of umbilical cord serum and application to an epidemiological study. Lipids. 2012;47:527-39 pubmed publisher..Automated fatty acid analysis coupled with automated data processing greatly facilitates the high throughput, 72 samples transesterified in 6 h, required for large population-based studies. ..
- Xiong W, Cui T, Cheng K, Yang F, Chen S, Willenbring D, et al. Cannabinoids suppress inflammatory and neuropathic pain by targeting ?3 glycine receptors. J Exp Med. 2012;209:1121-34 pubmed publisher..These cannabinoids may represent a novel class of therapeutic agents for the treatment of chronic pain and other diseases involving GlyR dysfunction. ..
- Arcos Burgos M, LondoÃ±o A, Pineda D, Lopera F, Palacio J, Arbelaez A, et al. Analysis of brain metabolism by proton magnetic resonance spectroscopy (1H-MRS) in attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder suggests a generalized differential ontogenic pattern from controls. Atten Defic Hyperact Disord. 2012;4:205-12 pubmed publisher..As a whole, these results replicate previous 1H-MRS findings and add new intriguing differential metabolic and ontogeny patterns between ADHD cases and controls that warrant further pursue. ..
- ChiÃ² A, Mora G, Sabatelli M, Caponnetto C, Lunetta C, Traynor B, et al. HFE p.H63D polymorphism does not influence ALS phenotype and survival. Neurobiol Aging. 2015;36:2906.e7-11 pubmed publisher..Differently from what observed in the mouse model of ALS, the HFE p.His63Asp polymorphism has no effect on ALS phenotype in this large series of Italian ALS patients. ..
- Spassieva S, Ji X, Liu Y, Gable K, Bielawski J, Dunn T, et al. Ectopic expression of ceramide synthase 2 in neurons suppresses neurodegeneration induced by ceramide synthase 1 deficiency. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:5928-33 pubmed publisher..The strong association of LCB levels with neuronal survival both in vivo and in vitro suggests high-level accumulation of LCBs is a possible underlying cause of the CerS1 deficiency-induced neuronal death. ..
- Ruiz R, Jahid S, Harris M, Marzese D, Espitia F, Vasudeva P, et al. The RhoJ-BAD signaling network: An Achilles' heel for BRAF mutant melanomas. PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1006913 pubmed publisher..As up to 50% of BRAF mutant human melanomas express high levels of RhoJ, these studies nominate the RhoJ-BAD signaling network as a therapeutic vulnerability for fledgling BRAF mutant human tumors. ..
- Page E, Little D, Vesely S, George J. Quinine-Induced Thrombotic Microangiopathy: A Report of 19 Patients. Am J Kidney Dis. 2017;70:686-695 pubmed publisher..8 patients died. Patients for whom plasma exchange was not requested were not identified. Quinine-induced TMA causes severe acute kidney injury that commonly results in chronic kidney disease. ..
- Groves F, Gridley G, Wacholder S, Shu X, Robison L, Neglia J, et al. Infant vaccinations and risk of childhood acute lymphoblastic leukaemia in the USA. Br J Cancer. 1999;81:175-8 pubmed..Further studies are needed to confirm this association and, if confirmed, to elucidate the underlying mechanism. ..
- Pickeral O, Li J, Barrow I, Boguski M, Makałowski W, Zhang J. Classical oncogenes and tumor suppressor genes: a comparative genomics perspective. Neoplasia. 2000;2:280-6 pubmed
- Kumar M, Bradow B, Zimmerberg J. Large-scale production of pseudotyped lentiviral vectors using baculovirus GP64. Hum Gene Ther. 2003;14:67-77 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that the baculovirus GP64 protein is an attractive alternative to VSVG for viral vectors used in the large-scale production of high-titer virus required for clinical and commercial applications. ..
- Kawai T, Choi U, Whiting Theobald N, Linton G, Brenner S, Sechler J, et al. Enhanced function with decreased internalization of carboxy-terminus truncated CXCR4 responsible for WHIM syndrome. Exp Hematol. 2005;33:460-8 pubmed
- Noguchi C, Asavaritikrai P, Teng R, Jia Y. Role of erythropoietin in the brain. Crit Rev Oncol Hematol. 2007;64:159-71 pubmed..The therapeutic potential of EPO for brain ischemia/trauma and neurodegenerative diseases has shown promise in early clinical trial and awaits further validation. ..
- Nesterova M, Bossis I, Wen F, Horvath A, Matyakhina L, Stratakis C. An immortalized human cell line bearing a PRKAR1A-inactivating mutation: effects of overexpression of the wild-type Allele and other protein kinase A subunits. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2008;93:565-71 pubmed..PKA isozyme balance is critical for the control of cAMP signaling and related cell cycle and proliferation changes. Finally, E2F1 may be a factor that mediates dysregulated PKA's effects on the cell cycle. ..
- Park Y, Leitzmann M, Subar A, Hollenbeck A, Schatzkin A. Dairy food, calcium, and risk of cancer in the NIH-AARP Diet and Health Study. Arch Intern Med. 2009;169:391-401 pubmed publisher..Our study suggests that calcium intake is associated with a lower risk of total cancer and cancers of the digestive system, especially colorectal cancer. ..
- Chen Y, Deuster P. Comparison of quercetin and dihydroquercetin: antioxidant-independent actions on erythrocyte and platelet membrane. Chem Biol Interact. 2009;182:7-12 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the antihemolytic effects of flavonoids may not be directly mediated by removal of free radicals and may likely be due to their interaction with cell membrane. ..
- Sun X, Niu G, Yan Y, Yang M, Chen K, Ma Y, et al. Phage display-derived peptides for osteosarcoma imaging. Clin Cancer Res. 2010;16:4268-77 pubmed publisher..Appropriately labeled OSP-1 peptide has the potential to serve as a novel probe for osteosarcoma imaging. ..
- Jegalian A, Buxbaum N, Facchetti F, Raffeld M, Pittaluga S, Wayne A, et al. Blastic plasmacytoid dendritic cell neoplasm in children: diagnostic features and clinical implications. Haematologica. 2010;95:1873-9 pubmed publisher..Focal expression of S-100 may be seen in concert with other markers of plasmacytoid dendritic cells. ..
- Semnani R, Mahapatra L, Dembele B, Konate S, Metenou S, Dolo H, et al. Expanded numbers of circulating myeloid dendritic cells in patent human filarial infection reflect lower CCR1 expression. J Immunol. 2010;185:6364-72 pubmed publisher..These observations have major implications for regulation of immune responses to these long-lived parasites. ..
- Almeida M, Stratakis C. Carney complex and other conditions associated with micronodular adrenal hyperplasias. Best Pract Res Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2010;24:907-14 pubmed publisher..Recent evidences demonstrated that dysregulation of cAMP/PKA pathway can modulate other signaling pathways and contributes to adrenocortical tumorigenesis. ..
- Lungu A, Zadeh E, Goodling A, Cochran E, Gorden P. Insulin resistance is a sufficient basis for hyperandrogenism in lipodystrophic women with polycystic ovarian syndrome. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2012;97:563-7 pubmed publisher..In the present study, we show that LD may be a model for the common forms of PCOS and that the endocrine features are corrected by leptin therapy, which reduces insulin resistance. ..
- Mineo M, Garfield S, Taverna S, Flugy A, De Leo G, Alessandro R, et al. Exosomes released by K562 chronic myeloid leukemia cells promote angiogenesis in a Src-dependent fashion. Angiogenesis. 2012;15:33-45 pubmed publisher..The inhibitory effect of dasatinib on exosome production and vascular differentiation and signaling reveals a key role for Src in both the leukemia and its microenvironment. ..
- Rothenbuhler A, Horvath A, LibÃ© R, Faucz F, Fratticci A, Raffin Sanson M, et al. Identification of novel genetic variants in phosphodiesterase 8B (PDE8B), a cAMP-specific phosphodiesterase highly expressed in the adrenal cortex, in a cohort of patients with adrenal tumours. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2012;77:195-9 pubmed publisher..PDE8B is another PDE gene in which variations may contribute to predisposition of adrenocortical tumours. ..
- Jarcho J, Benson B, Plate R, Guyer A, Detloff A, Pine D, et al. Developmental effects of decision-making on sensitivity to reward: an fMRI study. Dev Cogn Neurosci. 2012;2:437-47 pubmed publisher..Instead, neural responding in striatum, prefrontal cortex and precuneus is influenced by both situational demands and developmental factors. This suggests nuanced maturational effects in adolescent reward sensitivity. ..
- Schonfeld S, Tsareva Y, Preston D, Okatenko P, Gilbert E, Ron E, et al. Cancer mortality following in utero exposure among offspring of female Mayak Worker Cohort members. Radiat Res. 2012;178:160-5 pubmed..As the offspring cohort is relatively young, subsequent analyses based on larger case numbers are expected to provide more precise estimates of adult cancer mortality risk following in utero exposure to ionizing radiation. ..
- Adamson A, Ghoreschi K, Rittler M, Chen Q, Sun H, Vahedi G, et al. Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 1 is preferentially expressed in Th1 and Th17 T-helper cell subsets and is a direct STAT target gene. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e59367 pubmed publisher..Finally, we demonstrate that when restricted to T cells, expression of TIMP1 promotes neuropathology in experimental allergic encephalomyelitis. ..
- Ma Y, Follis J, Smith C, Tanaka T, Manichaikul A, Chu A, et al. Interaction of methylation-related genetic variants with circulating fatty acids on plasma lipids: a meta-analysis of 7 studies and methylation analysis of 3 studies in the Cohorts for Heart and Aging Research in Genomic Epidemiology consortium. Am J Clin Nutr. 2016;103:567-78 pubmed publisher..However, the differences between 2 nested models were NS (P > 0.05). We obtained little evidence that the gene-by-fatty acid interactions on blood lipids act through DNA methylation. ..
- VAZQUEZ L, Blood J, Wu J, Chaplin T, Hommer R, Rutherford H, et al. High frequency heart-rate variability predicts adolescent depressive symptoms, particularly anhedonia, across one year. J Affect Disord. 2016;196:243-7 pubmed publisher..We investigated relative spectral power HF HRV and depressive symptom dimensions. We cannot make strong claims about these associations in clinical depression. Physical activity levels could be controlled in future work. ..
- Gaist P, Stirratt M. The Roles of Behavioral and Social Science Research in the Fight Against HIV/AIDS: A Functional Framework. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2017;75:371-381 pubmed publisher..These domains and their resulting confluence at the highest level underscore how fundamental and essential BSSR is to current and future efforts to prevent, treat, and cure HIV/AIDS. ..
- Anzick S, Kononen J, Walker R, Azorsa D, Tanner M, Guan X, et al. AIB1, a steroid receptor coactivator amplified in breast and ovarian cancer. Science. 1997;277:965-8 pubmed..These observations identify AIB1 as a nuclear receptor coactivator whose altered expression may contribute to development of steroid-dependent cancers. ..
- Patel V, Ensley J, Gutkind J, Yeudall W. Induction of apoptosis in head-and-neck squamous carcinoma cells by gamma-irradiation and bleomycin is p53-independent. Int J Cancer. 2000;88:737-43 pubmed
- Salerno M, Ouatas T, Palmieri D, Steeg P. Inhibition of signal transduction by the nm23 metastasis suppressor: possible mechanisms. Clin Exp Metastasis. 2003;20:3-10 pubmed..We hypothesize that the mechanism of action of Nm23 in metastasis suppression involves diminished signal transduction downstream of a particular receptor. Candidate biochemical mechanisms are identified and discussed herein. ..
- Cui X, Rouhani F, Hawari F, Levine S. Shedding of the type II IL-1 decoy receptor requires a multifunctional aminopeptidase, aminopeptidase regulator of TNF receptor type 1 shedding. J Immunol. 2003;171:6814-9 pubmed
- Seo B, Miura M, Sonoyama W, Coppe C, Stanyon R, Shi S. Recovery of stem cells from cryopreserved periodontal ligament. J Dent Res. 2005;84:907-12 pubmed
- Valencia X, Stephens G, Goldbach Mansky R, Wilson M, Shevach E, Lipsky P. TNF downmodulates the function of human CD4+CD25hi T-regulatory cells. Blood. 2006;108:253-61 pubmed..Thus, TNF has a novel action in modulating autoimmunity, by inhibiting CD4+CD25+ Treg activity. ..
- Woszczek G, Chen L, Nagineni S, Alsaaty S, Harry A, Logun C, et al. IFN-gamma induces cysteinyl leukotriene receptor 2 expression and enhances the responsiveness of human endothelial cells to cysteinyl leukotrienes. J Immunol. 2007;178:5262-70 pubmed..Thus, IFN-gamma induces CysLTR2 expression and enhances cysLT-induced inflammatory responses. ..
- Guerreiro R, Schymick J, Crews C, Singleton A, Hardy J, Traynor B. TDP-43 is not a common cause of sporadic amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e2450 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that genetic variation in TARDBP is not a common cause of sporadic ALS in North American. ..
- Yao L, Gai N. Median nerve cross-sectional area and MRI diffusion characteristics: normative values at the carpal tunnel. Skeletal Radiol. 2009;38:355-61 pubmed publisher..We observed a difference between the CSA and ADC, but not the FA, of the median nerve at the distal forearm and proximal carpal tunnel levels. ..
- Goldstein D, Orimo S. Cardiac sympathetic neuroimaging: summary of the First International Symposium. Clin Auton Res. 2009;19:137-48 pubmed publisher..Here, we review the background for the Symposium, provide an annotated summary of the lectures and posters, discuss some of the take-home points from the roundtable discussion, and propose a plan of action for the future. ..
- Orina J, Calcagno A, Wu C, Varma S, Shih J, Lin M, et al. Evaluation of current methods used to analyze the expression profiles of ATP-binding cassette transporters yields an improved drug-discovery database. Mol Cancer Ther. 2009;8:2057-66 pubmed publisher..This study also led to an improved database by revealing previously unidentified substrates for ABCB1, ABCC1, and ABCG2, transporters that contribute to MDR. ..
- Barnett A. Theory of Q-ball imaging redux: Implications for fiber tracking. Magn Reson Med. 2009;62:910-23 pubmed publisher..These findings might be useful in the design and interpretation of fiber-tracking experiments. ..
- Kadota M, Sato M, Duncan B, Ooshima A, Yang H, Diaz Meyer N, et al. Identification of novel gene amplifications in breast cancer and coexistence of gene amplification with an activating mutation of PIK3CA. Cancer Res. 2009;69:7357-65 pubmed publisher..Our gene amplification and somatic mutation analysis of breast primary tumors provides a coherent picture of genetic events, both corroborating and novel, offering insight into the genetic underpinnings of breast cancer progression. ..
- Romero R, Kadar N, Vaisbuch E, Hassan S. Maternal death following cardiopulmonary collapse after delivery: amniotic fluid embolism or septic shock due to intrauterine infection?. Am J Reprod Immunol. 2010;64:113-25 pubmed publisher..It may be possible to identify a subset of patients who have biochemical and immunological evidence of systemic inflammation at the time of admission, and before a catastrophic event occurs. ..
- Chakrabarty S, Snyder J, Shen J, Azmi H, Hu P, Chen Q, et al. Human CD14hi monocytes and myeloid dendritic cells provide a cell contact-dependent costimulatory signal for early CD40 ligand expression. Blood. 2011;117:1585-94 pubmed publisher..This finding has functional implications for the role of biphasic CD40L expression, suggesting that the early phase is associated with antigen-presenting cell activation, whereas the late phase is related to B-cell activation. ..
- Gupta N, Oppenheim I, Kauvar E, Tayebi N, Sidransky E. Type 2 Gaucher disease: phenotypic variation and genotypic heterogeneity. Blood Cells Mol Dis. 2011;46:75-84 pubmed publisher..While type 2 GD is generally associated with severe mutations in the glucocerebrosidase gene, there is also significant genotypic heterogeneity...
- Bornstein M, Putnick D. Cognitive and socioemotional caregiving in developing countries. Child Dev. 2012;83:46-61 pubmed publisher..The GDP of countries related to caregiving after controlling for life expectancy and education. The majority of mothers report that they do not leave their under-5s alone. Policy and intervention recommendations are elaborated. ..
- Everhart J, Wright E. Association of γ-glutamyl transferase (GGT) activity with treatment and clinical outcomes in chronic hepatitis C (HCV). Hepatology. 2013;57:1725-33 pubmed publisher..05) except for hepatocellular carcinoma (P = 0.46 in multivariate analysis). GGT is an independent predictor of both virological response and clinical outcomes among patients with advanced liver disease due to HCV. ..
- Kong E, Peng S, Chandra G, Sarkar C, Zhang Z, Bagh M, et al. Dynamic palmitoylation links cytosol-membrane shuttling of acyl-protein thioesterase-1 and acyl-protein thioesterase-2 with that of proto-oncogene H-ras product and growth-associated protein-43. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:9112-25 pubmed publisher
- Ledgerwood J, Zephir K, Hu Z, Wei C, Chang L, Enama M, et al. Prime-boost interval matters: a randomized phase 1 study to identify the minimum interval necessary to observe the H5 DNA influenza vaccine priming effect. J Infect Dis. 2013;208:418-22 pubmed publisher..H5 DNA priming enhances antibody responses after an MIV boost when the prime-boost interval is 12-24 weeks. Clinical Trials Registration. NCT01086657. ..
- Mohamed N, Chaoprang Herrera P, Hudson S, Revenson T, Lee C, Quale D, et al. Muscle invasive bladder cancer: examining survivor burden and unmet needs. J Urol. 2014;191:48-53 pubmed publisher..Meeting patient needs is imperative to ensure adequate patient involvement in health care and enhance postoperative quality of life. An effective support provision plan should follow changes in patient needs. ..
- Soe K, Devaiah B, Singer D. Transcriptional coactivator CIITA, a functional homolog of TAF1, has kinase activity. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1829:1184-90 pubmed publisher..The identification of this novel kinase activity of CIITA further clarifies its role as a functional homolog of TAF1 which may operate during stress and Î³-IFN activated MHC gene transcription. ..
- Baxevanis A, Arents G, Moudrianakis E, Landsman D. A variety of DNA-binding and multimeric proteins contain the histone fold motif. Nucleic Acids Res. 1995;23:2685-91 pubmed..It is proposed that these proteins may share a similar three-dimensional conformation despite the lack of significant sequence similarity. ..
- Rabindran S, Haroun R, Clos J, Wisniewski J, Wu C. Regulation of heat shock factor trimer formation: role of a conserved leucine zipper. Science. 1993;259:230-4 pubmed..These results suggest that the carboxyl-terminal zipper may suppress formation of trimers by the amino-terminal HSF zipper elements by means of intramolecular coiled-coil interactions that are sensitive to heat shock. ..
- Zhang Z, Mandal A, Wang N, Keck C, Zimonjic D, Popescu N, et al. Palmitoyl-protein thioesterase gene expression in the developing mouse brain and retina: implications for early loss of vision in infantile neuronal ceroid lipofuscinosis. Gene. 1999;231:203-11 pubmed..Consequently, the loss of vision occurs before the deterioration of brain functions in this disease. ..
- Nie Z, Hirsch D, Randazzo P. Arf and its many interactors. Curr Opin Cell Biol. 2003;15:396-404 pubmed..Recent work examining the functional relationships among the diverse Arf interactors has led to reconsideration of the prevailing paradigms for Arf action...
- Wolfraim L, Fernandez T, Mamura M, Fuller W, Kumar R, Cole D, et al. Loss of Smad3 in acute T-cell lymphoblastic leukemia. N Engl J Med. 2004;351:552-9 pubmed..Loss of Smad3 protein is a specific feature of pediatric T-cell ALL. A reduction in Smad3 expression and the loss of p27Kip1 work synergistically to promote T-cell leukemogenesis in mice. ..
- Crumpton B, Goodell G, McClanahan S. Effects on smear layer and debris removal with varying volumes of 17% REDTA after rotary instrumentation. J Endod. 2005;31:536-8 pubmed..EDTA irrigation volume greater than 1 ml did not improve debris removal. Efficient removal of the smear layer was accomplished with a final rinse of 1 ml of 17% EDTA for 1 min, followed by 3 ml of 5.25% NaOCl. ..
- To K, Zhan Z, Bates S. Aberrant promoter methylation of the ABCG2 gene in renal carcinoma. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:8572-85 pubmed..These data suggest that DNA methylation-dependent formation of a repressor complex in the CpG island contributes to inactivation of ABCG2...
- Zhang Y, Zhang B. TRAIL resistance of breast cancer cells is associated with constitutive endocytosis of death receptors 4 and 5. Mol Cancer Res. 2008;6:1861-71 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the clathrin-mediated endocytosis pathway could be a potential target for therapeutics to overcome tumor resistance to TRAIL receptor-targeted therapies. ..
- Solomon B, Rosenbaum K, Meck J, Muenke M. Holoprosencephaly due to numeric chromosome abnormalities. Am J Med Genet C Semin Med Genet. 2010;154C:146-8 pubmed publisher..Such chromosome number abnormalities are almost universally fatal early in gestation or in infancy. Clinical features of specific chromosome number abnormalities may be recognized by phenotypic manifestations in addition to the HPE. ..
- Jiang J, Shen M, Thomas C, Boxer M. Chiral kinase inhibitors. Curr Top Med Chem. 2011;11:800-9 pubmed..Here we discuss several advanced chiral small molecule kinase inhibitors where stereochemistry plays an important role in terms of potency and selectivity. ..
- Castle P, Rausa A, Walls T, Gravitt P, Partridge E, Olivo V, et al. Comparative community outreach to increase cervical cancer screening in the Mississippi Delta. Prev Med. 2011;52:452-5 pubmed publisher..Based on these preliminary results, we suggest that self-collection with HPV DNA testing might complement current Pap testing programs to reach under-screened populations of women, such as those living in the Mississippi Delta. ..
- FitzGerald D, Moskatel E, Ben Josef G, Traini R, Tendler T, Sharma A, et al. Enhancing immunotoxin cell-killing activity via combination therapy with ABT-737. Leuk Lymphoma. 2011;52 Suppl 2:79-81 pubmed publisher..Expression of high levels of prosurvival Bcl-2 proteins may contribute to toxin resistance. ..
- Garcia Closas M, Ye Y, Rothman N, Figueroa J, Malats N, Dinney C, et al. A genome-wide association study of bladder cancer identifies a new susceptibility locus within SLC14A1, a urea transporter gene on chromosome 18q12.3. Hum Mol Genet. 2011;20:4282-9 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that genetic variation in SLC14A1 could provide new etiological insights into bladder carcinogenesis. ..
- Webster B, Lu Z, Sack M, Scott I. The role of sirtuins in modulating redox stressors. Free Radic Biol Med. 2012;52:281-90 pubmed publisher..Here we investigate the links between sirtuins and their oxidative/redox environment and review the control mechanisms that are regulated by the activity of sirtuin deacetylase proteins. ..
- Sokolov M, Panyutin I, Neumann R. Whole-genome gene expression profiling reveals the major role of nitric oxide in mediating the cellular transcriptional response to ionizing radiation in normal human fibroblasts. Genomics. 2012;100:277-81 pubmed publisher..NO scavenging in irradiated IMR-90 cells results in induction of p53 signaling, DNA damage and DNA repair pathways. ..
- Kryndushkin D, Ihrke G, Piermartiri T, Shewmaker F. A yeast model of optineurin proteinopathy reveals a unique aggregation pattern associated with cellular toxicity. Mol Microbiol. 2012;86:1531-47 pubmed publisher..This study generates a mechanistic framework for investigating how OPTN may trigger pathological changes in ALS and other OPTN-linked neurodegenerative disorders. ..
- Roychoudhuri R, Hirahara K, Mousavi K, Clever D, Klebanoff C, Bonelli M, et al. BACH2 represses effector programs to stabilize T(reg)-mediated immune homeostasis. Nature. 2013;498:506-10 pubmed publisher..These findings identify BACH2 as a key regulator of CD4(+) T-cell differentiation that prevents inflammatory disease by controlling the balance between tolerance and immunity. ..
- Wiklund I, ANATCHKOVA M, Oko Osi H, von Maltzahn R, Chau D, MALIK F, et al. Incorporating development of a patient-reported outcome instrument in a clinical drug development program: examples from a heart failure program. Health Qual Life Outcomes. 2016;14:131 pubmed publisher..Development of a new PRO measure to support a label claim requires significant investment and early planning, as demonstrated by the omecamtiv mecarbil program. ..
- Caspi R. Th1 and Th2 responses in pathogenesis and regulation of experimental autoimmune uveoretinitis. Int Rev Immunol. 2002;21:197-208 pubmed
- Wong S, Young N, Brown K. Prevalence of parvovirus B19 in liver tissue: no association with fulminant hepatitis or hepatitis-associated aplastic anemia. J Infect Dis. 2003;187:1581-6 pubmed..There was a significant increase (P<.1) in the prevalence of variant erythrovirus sequences in livers of patients with HBV or HCV hepatitis, the reason for which is currently unknown. ..
- Bekisz J, Schmeisser H, Hernandez J, Goldman N, Zoon K. Human interferons alpha, beta and omega. Growth Factors. 2004;22:243-51 pubmed..The interaction of IFN-alpha/beta with its receptor components results in the activation of a number of signaling pathways. The regulation of specific genes and proteins contributes to the numerous biological functions of Type I IFNs. ..