Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Locale: Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Publications1917 found, 100 shown here
- Neychev V, Jinnah H. Sudden death in Lesch-Nyhan disease. Dev Med Child Neurol. 2006;48:923-6 pubmed..Better recognition of these processes will help to guide appropriate workup and management that could include chest imaging, endoscopy of the airways, polysomnography, electroencephalogram, and brain and/or spine imaging...
- Burnett J. Prolonged urinary incontinence and biliary dyskinesia following abdominal contact with jellyfish tentacles. Wilderness Environ Med. 2006;17:180-6 pubmed..The gallbladder disorder required surgical intervention, but spontaneous resolution of the urinary bladder dysfunction occurred within 20 months...
- Taylor D, McKenzie R, Durbin A, Carpenter C, Haake R, Bourgeois A. Systemic pharmacokinetics of rifaximin in volunteers with shigellosis. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2008;52:1179-81 pubmed..Peak plasma rifaximin concentrations were low after nine consecutive doses, and no accumulation was observed. Rifaximin serum levels were minimal and similar to those previously reported in studies of healthy volunteers. ..
- Tsang S, Woo A, Zhu W, Xiao R. Deregulation of RGS2 in cardiovascular diseases. Front Biosci (Schol Ed). 2010;2:547-57 pubmed..These findings indicate that deregulation of RGS2 plays a crucial role in the pathogenesis of cardiovascular diseases, marking RGS2 as a potential therapeutic target or biomarker of hypertension or hypertensive heart diseases. ..
- Powell J, Delgoffe G. The mammalian target of rapamycin: linking T cell differentiation, function, and metabolism. Immunity. 2010;33:301-11 pubmed publisher..The key theme to emerge from these studies is that the central role of mTOR provides a direct link between T cell metabolism and function. ..
- Rubin R, Peyrot M. Patient-reported outcomes and diabetes technology: a systematic review of the literature. Pediatr Endocrinol Rev. 2010;7 Suppl 3:405-12 pubmed
- Zhang A, Skupsky J, Scott D. Effect of B-cell depletion using anti-CD20 therapy on inhibitory antibody formation to human FVIII in hemophilia A mice. Blood. 2011;117:2223-6 pubmed publisher..We suggest a tolerogenic role of the remaining marginal zone B cells as a potential mechanism for anti-CD20 therapy. ..
- Deloria Knoll M, Feikin D, Scott J, O Brien K, Deluca A, Driscoll A, et al. Identification and selection of cases and controls in the Pneumonia Etiology Research for Child Health project. Clin Infect Dis. 2012;54 Suppl 2:S117-23 pubmed publisher..For each issue, we present the options that were considered, the advantages and disadvantages of each, the rationale for the methods selected for PERCH, and remaining implications and limitations. ..
- Wehring H, Liu F, McMahon R, Mackowick K, Love R, Dixon L, et al. Clinical characteristics of heavy and non-heavy smokers with schizophrenia. Schizophr Res. 2012;138:285-9 pubmed publisher..2 (43.0)mg/dL, p=0.03), but no differences were found in glucose or blood pressure. Heavy smoking may be a particular health risk in schizophrenia and significant efforts for smoking cessation or reduction are needed. ..
- Bai H, Zhang N, Xu Y, Chen Q, Khan M, Potter J, et al. Yes-associated protein regulates the hepatic response after bile duct ligation. Hepatology. 2012;56:1097-107 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that YAP promotes cholangiocyte and hepatocyte proliferation and prevents parenchymal damage after cholestatic injury in mice and thus may mediate the response to cholestasis-induced human liver disease. ..
- Bittner A, Haythornthwaite J, Diener West M, Dagnelie G. Worse-than-usual visual fields measured in retinitis pigmentosa related to episodically decreased general health. Br J Ophthalmol. 2013;97:145-8 pubmed publisher..We examined whether retinitis pigmentosa (RP) subjects' worse-than-usual vision measures were related to episodic changes in psychosocial factors and/or general health...
- Navarro V. The social crisis of the Eurozone: the case of Spain. Int J Health Serv. 2013;43:189-92 pubmed..In addition to deteriorating the economic conditions of these countries, these policies are hurting the social well-being of their populations. ..
- Breining B, Nozari N, Rapp B. Does segmental overlap help or hurt? Evidence from blocked cyclic naming in spoken and written production. Psychon Bull Rev. 2016;23:500-6 pubmed publisher..1) and written (Exp. 2) production. We suggest that these findings are consistent with a competitive learning mechanism that applies across stages and modalities of word production. ..
- Barnes S, Hamrock E, Toerper M, Siddiqui S, Levin S. Real-time prediction of inpatient length of stay for discharge prioritization. J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2016;23:e2-e10 pubmed publisher..This approach may be used to automate and support daily RTDC predictions aimed at improving patient flow. ..
- Lafreniere J, Rios R, Packer H, Ghazarian S, Wright S, Levine R. Burned Out at the Bedside: Patient Perceptions of Physician Burnout in an Internal Medicine Resident Continuity Clinic. J Gen Intern Med. 2016;31:203-208 pubmed publisher..The relationship between physician distress and patient perceptions of care has important implications for medical education and requires further study. ..
- Rappold T, LaFlam A, Hori D, Brown C, Brandt J, Mintz C, et al. Evidence of an association between brain cellular injury and cognitive decline after non-cardiac surgery. Br J Anaesth. 2016;116:83-9 pubmed publisher..A similar relationship was not observed with S100Î² or NSE concentrations. Decline in cognition 1 month after shoulder surgery is associated with brain cellular injury as demonstrated by elevated plasma GFAP concentrations. ..
- ..It is a live vaccine developed using recombinant DNA technology. The vaccine is given as three doses over the course of a year and has the potential to prevent hundreds of thousands of hospitalizations each year. ..
- Kane A, Hilmer S, Mach J, Mitchell S, De Cabo R, Howlett S. Animal models of frailty: current applications in clinical research. Clin Interv Aging. 2016;11:1519-1529 pubmed..Finally, this review discusses some of the challenges and opportunities of translating research findings from animals to humans. ..
- Lal B, Dux M, Sikdar S, Goldstein C, Khan A, Yokemick J, et al. Asymptomatic carotid stenosis is associated with cognitive impairment. J Vasc Surg. 2017;66:1083-1092 pubmed publisher..The mechanism for impairment is likely to be hemodynamic as evidenced by reduced cerebrovascular reserve and the likely result of hypoperfusion from a pressure drop across the stenosis in the presence of inadequate collateralization. ..
- Nowotarski P, Turen C, Brumback R, Scarboro J. Conversion of external fixation to intramedullary nailing for fractures of the shaft of the femur in multiply injured patients. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2000;82:781-8 pubmed..We concluded that immediate external fixation followed by early closed intramedullary nailing is a safe treatment method for fractures of the shaft of the femur in selected multiply injured patients. ..
- Gilbert T, Hasnain J, Flinn W, Lilly M, Benjamin M. Fenoldopam infusion associated with preserving renal function after aortic cross-clamping for aneurysm repair. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol Ther. 2001;6:31-6 pubmed..Further studies will be necessary to investigate how fenoldopam infusions compare with traditional therapies. ..
- Miglietta M, Tanquilut E, Madlinger R, Prial M, Scalea T. Superior mesenteric artery-duodenal fistula presenting as a late complication of an abdominal gunshot wound. J Trauma. 2002;52:554-5 pubmed
- Ravi R, Bedi A. Requirement of BAX for TRAIL/Apo2L-induced apoptosis of colorectal cancers: synergism with sulindac-mediated inhibition of Bcl-x(L). Cancer Res. 2002;62:1583-7 pubmed..Our findings may aid the development and genotype-specific application of TRAIL/Apo2L-based combinatorial regimens for the treatment of colorectal cancers. ..
- Livak F, Petrie H. Access roads for RAG-ged terrains: control of T cell receptor gene rearrangement at multiple levels. Semin Immunol. 2002;14:297-309 pubmed..The emerging results suggest that formation of the primary repertoire is controlled by two, partially independent factors: chromosomal accessibility and direct recombinase-DNA interactions. ..
- Mendell J, ap Rhys C, Dietz H. Separable roles for rent1/hUpf1 in altered splicing and decay of nonsense transcripts. Science. 2002;298:419-22 pubmed..This provides compelling evidence that NAS relies on a component of the nonsense surveillance machinery but is not an indirect consequence of NMD...
- Matsui E, Krop E, Diette G, Aalberse R, Smith A, Eggleston P. Mouse allergen exposure and immunologic responses: IgE-mediated mouse sensitization and mouse specific IgG and IgG4 levels. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2004;93:171-8 pubmed..2-2.4). IgE-mediated mouse sensitization and mIgG and mIgG4 levels were related to cumulative exposure in a dose-dependent manner. Thus, strategies to prevent allergy to mice should remain focused on reducing mouse allergen exposure. ..
- Kern D, Branch W, Jackson J, Brady D, Feldman M, Levinson W, et al. Teaching the psychosocial aspects of care in the clinical setting: practical recommendations. Acad Med. 2005;80:8-20 pubmed..For these problems, where high-level evidence exists, specific psychosocial questions for screening and case finding are provided. ..
- Landau B, Hoffman J, Kurz N. Object recognition with severe spatial deficits in Williams syndrome: sparing and breakdown. Cognition. 2006;100:483-510 pubmed
- Andersen J, Hassel B. The interferon regulated ubiquitin-like protein, ISG15, in tumorigenesis: friend or foe?. Cytokine Growth Factor Rev. 2006;17:411-21 pubmed..Here we review evidence of a role for ISG15 as an endogenous tumor suppressor that, when dysregulated in malignant cells, can be subverted to promote oncogenesis. ..
- Burkart A, Sheridan T, Lewin M, Fenton H, Ali N, Montgomery E. Do sporadic Peutz-Jeghers polyps exist? Experience of a large teaching hospital. Am J Surg Pathol. 2007;31:1209-14 pubmed..Our findings suggest that if sporadic PJP exist, they are extremely rare. Moreover, our data suggest that individuals with a single PJP may have a cumulative lifetime risk of cancer similar to those with the syndrome. ..
- Song J, Shih I, Chan D, Zhang Z. Suppression of annexin A11 in ovarian cancer: implications in chemoresistance. Neoplasia. 2009;11:605-14, 1 p following 614 pubmed..Collectively, annexin A11 is directly involved in cell proliferation and cisplatin resistance of ovarian cancer. Manipulation of annexin A11 and its associated genes may represent a novel therapeutic strategy in human ovarian cancers. ..
- Frazier J, Johnson M, Burger P, Weingart J, Quinones Hinojosa A. Rapid malignant transformation of low-grade astrocytomas: report of 2 cases and review of the literature. World Neurosurg. 2010;73:53-62; discussion e5 pubmed publisher..Several studies have investigated the evolution of low-grade gliomas into malignant gliomas by CT and MRI characteristics, but many have not documented the timing of these transformation processes...
- Shan X, Chiang P, Price D, Wong P. Altered distributions of Gemini of coiled bodies and mitochondria in motor neurons of TDP-43 transgenic mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:16325-30 pubmed publisher..In concert, our findings indicate that TDP-43 participates in pathways critical for motor neuron physiology, including those that regulate the normal distributions of SMN-associated GEMs in the nucleus and mitochondria in the cytoplasm...
- Matsuo K, Metani H, Mays K, Palmer J. Effects of respiration on soft palate movement in feeding. J Dent Res. 2010;89:1401-6 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that masticatory soft palate movement is diminished during inspiration. The control of breathing appears to have a significant effect on soft palate elevation in mastication...
- Moorthy A, Kuhn L, Coovadia A, Meyers T, Strehlau R, Sherman G, et al. Induction therapy with protease-inhibitors modifies the effect of nevirapine resistance on virologic response to nevirapine-based HAART in children. Clin Infect Dis. 2011;52:514-21 pubmed publisher..Standard genotyping may allow identification of children likely to benefit from an induction-switch approach. ..
- Morton M, Masterson M, Hoffmann B. Case report: ovarian torsion in pregnancy - diagnosis and management. J Emerg Med. 2013;45:348-51 pubmed publisher..A high clinical suspicion and early laparoscopic management correlate with favorable maternal and fetal outcomes. ..
- Haenisch F, Cooper J, Reif A, Kittel Schneider S, Steiner J, Leweke F, et al. Towards a blood-based diagnostic panel for bipolar disorder. Brain Behav Immun. 2016;52:49-57 pubmed publisher..An early and accurate diagnosis has the potential to delay or even prevent the onset of BD. This study demonstrates the potential utility of a biomarker panel as a diagnostic test for BD. ..
- Zanotti K, Gearhart P. Antibody diversification caused by disrupted mismatch repair and promiscuous DNA polymerases. DNA Repair (Amst). 2016;38:110-116 pubmed publisher..This review is centered on the mechanisms of how the MMR pathway is commandeered by B cells to generate antibody diversity. ..
- Baggott M, Coyle J, Siegrist J, Garrison K, Galloway G, Mendelson J. Effects of 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine on socioemotional feelings, authenticity, and autobiographical disclosure in healthy volunteers in a controlled setting. J Psychopharmacol. 2016;30:378-87 pubmed publisher..Overall, MDMA produced a prosocial syndrome that seemed to facilitate emotional disclosure and that appears consistent with the suggestion that it represents a novel pharmacological class. ..
- Taype Rondan A, Bernabe Ortiz A, Alvarado G, Gilman R, Smeeth L, Miranda J. Smoking and heavy drinking patterns in rural, urban and rural-to-urban migrants: the PERU MIGRANT Study. BMC Public Health. 2017;17:165 pubmed publisher..The prevalence and incidence of heavy drinking were similar between the three population groups. ..
- Jordan C, Korley F, Stolbach A. Self-reported cocaine use is not associated with elevations in high-sensitivity troponin I. Clin Toxicol (Phila). 2017;55:332-337 pubmed publisher..In this first investigation of hsTn in patients with self-reported recent cocaine use, we have determined that hsTn does not lead to an increase in the prevalence of troponin elevation in cocaine users. ..
- Li F, Kang H, Li J, Zhang D, Zhang Y, Dannenberg A, et al. Subunit Vaccines Consisting of Antigens from Dormant and Replicating Bacteria Show Promising Therapeutic Effect against Mycobacterium Bovis BCG Latent Infection. Scand J Immunol. 2017;85:425-432 pubmed publisher..We conclude that subunit vaccines consisting of both latency and replicating-associated antigens show promising therapeutic effects in BCG latent infection animal models. ..
- McBride A, Campbell J, Woods N, Manson S. Building a mentoring network. Nurs Outlook. 2017;65:305-314 pubmed publisher..One lesson learned is the importance of preparing mentors for their role via written materials, in-person or phone orientations, and discussions at the annual meeting. ..
- Chang Yeh A, Mold D, Huang R. Identification of a novel murine IAP-promoted placenta-expressed gene. Nucleic Acids Res. 1991;19:3667-72 pubmed..The MIPP-encoded protein is composed of four 48-amino acid repeat units and shares homology with a vaccinia virus gene product. MIPP-related sequences were also detected in higher eukaryotic genomes including human. ..
- Quimby B, Alano A, Almashanu S, DeSandro A, Cowan T, Fridovich Keil J. Characterization of two mutations associated with epimerase-deficiency galactosemia, by use of a yeast expression system for human UDP-galactose-4-epimerase. Am J Hum Genet. 1997;61:590-8 pubmed..The results reported here establish the utility of the yeast-based hGALE-expression system and set the stage for more-detailed studies of this important enzyme and its role in epimerase-deficiency galactosemia...
- Fan L, Iyer J, Zhu S, Frick K, Wada R, Eskenazi A, et al. Inhibition of N-myc expression and induction of apoptosis by iron chelation in human neuroblastoma cells. Cancer Res. 2001;61:1073-9 pubmed..Given the clinical importance of N-myc overexpression in neuroblastoma malignancy, decreasing N-myc expression by DFO might be useful as an adjunct to current ..
- Ostrand Rosenberg S, Sinha P, Clements V, Dissanayake S, Miller S, Davis C, et al. Signal transducer and activator of transcription 6 (Stat6) and CD1: inhibitors of immunosurveillance against primary tumors and metastatic disease. Cancer Immunol Immunother. 2004;53:86-91 pubmed
- Cihakova D, Sharma R, Fairweather D, Afanasyeva M, Rose N. Animal models for autoimmune myocarditis and autoimmune thyroiditis. Methods Mol Med. 2004;102:175-93 pubmed..H2h4 mice. These mice express the H-2A(k) allele on an NOD genetic background and develop spontaneous thyroiditis, which is exacerbated with dietary iodine. ..
- Basaria S, Dobs A. New modalities of transdermal testosterone replacement. Treat Endocrinol. 2003;2:1-9 pubmed..There are no harmful effects on the prostate and lipids. Acne, polycythemia, and gynecomastia are less common with this form of therapy than with the intramuscular esters. ..
- Jabs D, Martin B, Forman M, Ricks M. Cytomegalovirus (CMV) blood DNA load, CMV retinitis progression, and occurrence of resistant CMV in patients with CMV retinitis. J Infect Dis. 2005;192:640-9 pubmed..CMV load has limited clinical utility, because of its low positive predictive value. Its high negative predictive value for occurrence of resistant CMV suggests that it may have utility as a screening tool to exclude resistance. ..
- Holaska J, Rais Bahrami S, Wilson K. Lmo7 is an emerin-binding protein that regulates the transcription of emerin and many other muscle-relevant genes. Hum Mol Genet. 2006;15:3459-72 pubmed..We conclude that Lmo7 positively regulates many EDMD-relevant genes (including emerin), and is feedback-regulated by binding to emerin. ..
- Caturegli P, Lupi I, Landek Salgado M, Kimura H, Rose N. Pituitary autoimmunity: 30 years later. Autoimmun Rev. 2008;7:631-7 pubmed publisher..This review summarizes the advances made in the field since the publication of the first review on pituitary autoimmunity, and the challenges that await clarification. ..
- Clemente S, Wu B, Sanguineti G, Fusco V, Ricchetti F, Wong J, et al. SmartArc-based volumetric modulated arc therapy for oropharyngeal cancer: a dosimetric comparison with both intensity-modulated radiation therapy and helical tomotherapy. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2011;80:1248-55 pubmed publisher..To investigate the roles of volumetric modulated arc therapy with SmartArc (VMAT-S), intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT), and helical tomotherapy (HT) for oropharyngeal cancer using a simultaneous integrated boost (SIB) approach...
- Ma D, Taneja T, Hagen B, Kim B, Ortega B, Lederer W, et al. Golgi export of the Kir2.1 channel is driven by a trafficking signal located within its tertiary structure. Cell. 2011;145:1102-15 pubmed publisher..1 reveals a quality control step that couples protein conformation to Golgi export and provides molecular insight into how mutations in Kir2.1 arrest the channels at the Golgi. ..
- Liu R, Liu D, Xing M. The Akt inhibitor MK2206 synergizes, but perifosine antagonizes, the BRAF(V600E) inhibitor PLX4032 and the MEK1/2 inhibitor AZD6244 in the inhibition of thyroid cancer cells. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2012;97:E173-82 pubmed publisher..The data may help appropriate selection of these prominent drugs for clinical trials of combination therapies for thyroid cancer. ..
- McLeod D, Cooper D. The incidence and prevalence of thyroid autoimmunity. Endocrine. 2012;42:252-65 pubmed..Further research is required to assess the possibility of changing disease patterns of autoimmune thyroid disease as opposed to simple changes in diagnostic thresholds...
- Eisele E, Siliciano R. Redefining the viral reservoirs that prevent HIV-1 eradication. Immunity. 2012;37:377-88 pubmed publisher..Further research is urgently required on potential reservoirs in the gut-associated lymphoid tissue and the central nervous system. ..
- Schito L, Rey S, Tafani M, Zhang H, Wong C, Russo A, et al. Hypoxia-inducible factor 1-dependent expression of platelet-derived growth factor B promotes lymphatic metastasis of hypoxic breast cancer cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:E2707-16 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data provide experimental support for breast cancer clinical trials targeting HIF-1 and PDGF-B. ..
- Varadhan R, Yao W, Matteini A, Beamer B, Xue Q, Yang H, et al. Simple biologically informed inflammatory index of two serum cytokines predicts 10 year all-cause mortality in older adults. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2014;69:165-73 pubmed publisher..A simple additive index of serum interleukin-6 and soluble tumor necrosis factor-α receptor-1 best captures the effect of chronic inflammation on mortality in older adults among the 15 biomarkers measured. ..
- Ahmed H, Blaha M, Nasir K, Jones S, Rivera J, Agatston A, et al. Low-risk lifestyle, coronary calcium, cardiovascular events, and mortality: results from MESA. Am J Epidemiol. 2013;178:12-21 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, a combination of regular exercise, healthy diet, smoking avoidance, and weight maintenance was associated with lower coronary calcium incidence, slower calcium progression, and lower all-cause mortality over 7.6 years. ..
- Witherspoon D, Latta L, Wang Y, Black M. Do depression, self-esteem, body-esteem, and eating attitudes vary by BMI among African American adolescents?. J Pediatr Psychol. 2013;38:1112-20 pubmed publisher..Findings suggest that overweight may be perceived as normative, and that weight-related programs consider adolescents' psychosocial functioning. ..
- Armstrong A, Halabi S, Healy P, Lee W, Koontz B, Moul J, et al. A phase 2 multimodality trial of docetaxel/prednisone with sunitinib followed by salvage radiation therapy in men with PSA recurrent prostate cancer after radical prostatectomy. Prostate Cancer Prostatic Dis. 2016;19:100-6 pubmed publisher..The use of the intermediate end point of PFS in this salvage setting permitted an early decision on further development of this combination. ..
- Venniro M, Caprioli D, Shaham Y. Animal models of drug relapse and craving: From drug priming-induced reinstatement to incubation of craving after voluntary abstinence. Prog Brain Res. 2016;224:25-52 pubmed publisher..palatable food) procedure. We conclude by briefly discussing the potential implications of the recent developments of animal models of drug relapse after voluntary abstinence to the development of medications for relapse prevention. ..
- Ford Gilboe M, Varcoe C, Scott Storey K, Wuest J, Case J, Currie L, et al. A tailored online safety and health intervention for women experiencing intimate partner violence: the iCAN Plan 4 Safety randomized controlled trial protocol. BMC Public Health. 2017;17:273 pubmed publisher..Such information is critical for effective scale up of any complex intervention. Clinicaltrials.gov ID NCT02258841 (Registered on Oct 2, 2014). ..
- Wilson L, Sharma R, Dy S, Waldfogel J, Robinson K. Searching ClinicalTrials.gov did not change the conclusions of a systematic review. J Clin Epidemiol. 2017;90:127-135 pubmed publisher..Further research is needed to determine the effect of searching ClinicalTrials.gov on the conclusions of systematic reviews in different topic areas and as the new rules for registration of trial results take effect. ..
- Schwartz A, Bennett M, Smith P, De Backer W, Hedner J, Boudewyns A, et al. Therapeutic electrical stimulation of the hypoglossal nerve in obstructive sleep apnea. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2001;127:1216-23 pubmed..The findings demonstrate the feasibility and therapeutic potential for hypoglossal nerve stimulation in obstructive sleep apnea. ..
- Singer G, Oldt R, Cohen Y, Wang B, Sidransky D, Kurman R, et al. Mutations in BRAF and KRAS characterize the development of low-grade ovarian serous carcinoma. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2003;95:484-6 pubmed..The apparent restriction of these BRAF and KRAS mutations to low-grade serous ovarian carcinoma and its precursors suggests that low-grade and high-grade ovarian serous carcinomas develop through independent pathways. ..
- Togias A. H1-receptors: localization and role in airway physiology and in immune functions. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2003;112:S60-8 pubmed..It would appear, therefore, that the H(1)-receptor has a wider role in inflammatory processes than simply mediating the actions of histamine. ..
- Hoehn Saric R, McLeod D, Funderburk F, Kowalski P. Somatic symptoms and physiologic responses in generalized anxiety disorder and panic disorder: an ambulatory monitor study. Arch Gen Psychiatry. 2004;61:913-21 pubmed..The diminished autonomic flexibility observed in both anxiety conditions may result from dysfunctional information processing during heightened anxiety that fails to discriminate between anxiety-related and neutral inputs. ..
- Sahu S, Nunez S, Bai G, Gupta A. Interaction of Pyk2 and PTP-PEST with leupaxin in prostate cancer cells. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2007;292:C2288-96 pubmed..In conclusion, our data demonstrate that LPXN forms a signaling complex with Pyk2, c-Src, and PTP-PEST to regulate migration of prostate cancer cells. ..
- Lal A, Kim H, Abdelmohsen K, Kuwano Y, Pullmann R, Srikantan S, et al. p16(INK4a) translation suppressed by miR-24. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e1864 pubmed publisher..Together, our results suggest that miR-24 represses the initiation and elongation phases of p16 translation. ..
- Swanson J, Colombani P. Reactive pectus carinatum in patients treated for pectus excavatum. J Pediatr Surg. 2008;43:1468-73 pubmed publisher..This study examines the authors' experience with patients who develop a subsequent carinatum deformity within 1 year of pectus excavatum repair...
- Montgomery R, Katznelson S, Bry W, Zachary A, Houp J, Hiller J, et al. Successful three-way kidney paired donation with cross-country live donor allograft transport. Am J Transplant. 2008;8:2163-8 pubmed publisher..1 mg/dl. This case provides a blueprint for solving some of the complexities that are inherent in the implementation of a national KPD program in a large country like the United States. ..
- Frazier J, Goodwin C, Ahn E, Jallo G. A review on the management of epilepsy associated with hypothalamic hamartomas. Childs Nerv Syst. 2009;25:423-32 pubmed publisher..This review will discuss the clinical and electrophysiologic aspects of these lesions, as well as treatment options, including surgery, endoscopy, and radiosurgery. ..
- Fricke W, McDermott P, Mammel M, Zhao S, Johnson T, Rasko D, et al. Antimicrobial resistance-conferring plasmids with similarity to virulence plasmids from avian pathogenic Escherichia coli strains in Salmonella enterica serovar Kentucky isolates from poultry. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2009;75:5963-71 pubmed publisher
- Pant A, Diaz Montes T, Tanner E, Ahmad S, Giuntoli R, Holloway R, et al. Correlation of extreme drug resistant assay results and progression-free survival following intraperitoneal chemotherapy for advanced ovarian cancer. J Chemother. 2010;22:270-4 pubmed..Prospective studies, preferably analyzing platinum or taxane EDR individually, are required to validate these observations. ..
- Jacobs H, Gladstein J. Pediatric headache: a clinical review. Headache. 2012;52:333-9 pubmed publisher..We review both traditional and alternative medications, and offer a glimpse into the future of pediatric headache...
- Saidha S, Sotirchos E, Eckstein C. Etiology of sarcoidosis: does infection play a role?. Yale J Biol Med. 2012;85:133-41 pubmed..In this review, we describe the known histologic and immunologic features of sarcoidosis and discuss the evidence supporting a role for infectious processes in the pathogenesis of sarcoidosis. ..
- Matthaei H, Wylie D, Lloyd M, Dal Molin M, Kemppainen J, Mayo S, et al. miRNA biomarkers in cyst fluid augment the diagnosis and management of pancreatic cysts. Clin Cancer Res. 2012;18:4713-24 pubmed publisher..We assessed the diagnostic benefit of using miRNAs as biomarkers in pancreatic cyst fluid, focusing on IPMNs because of their frequency and malignant potential...
- ..While substantial progress has been made, the future looks even brighter for patients with retinal and choroidal vascular diseases...
- Lee M, Alexander H, Burke A. Diffuse mesothelioma of the peritoneum: a pathological study of 64 tumours treated with cytoreductive therapy. Pathology. 2013;45:464-73 pubmed publisher..Diffuse peritoneal mesothelioma (DPM) forms a spectrum of indolent surface tumours to malignant invasive cancers. There are few pathological series that span well and poorly differentiated lesions that show diffuse peritoneal spread...
- Laurens M, Billingsley P, Richman A, Eappen A, Adams M, Li T, et al. Successful human infection with P. falciparum using three aseptic Anopheles stephensi mosquitoes: a new model for controlled human malaria infection. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e68969 pubmed publisher..If qPCR continues to be shown to be highly specific, and can be made to be practical, rapid, and standardized, it should be considered as an alternative for diagnosis. ClinicalTrials.gov NCT00744133 NCT00744133. ..