Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on gtp phosphohydrolases in Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Locale: Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Topic: gtp phosphohydrolases
- Esue O, Wirtz D, Tseng Y. GTPase activity, structure, and mechanical properties of filaments assembled from bacterial cytoskeleton protein MreB. J Bacteriol. 2006;188:968-76 pubmed..maritima MreB filaments, including high rigidity and propensity to form bundles, suggest a mechanism by which MreB helical structure may be involved in imposing a cylindrical architecture on rod-shaped bacterial cells. ..
- Chen K, Dasgupta A, Ding J, Indig F, Ghosh P, Longo D. Role of mitofusin 2 (Mfn2) in controlling cellular proliferation. FASEB J. 2014;28:382-94 pubmed publisher..The inhibition of proliferation by the N-terminal fragment was independent of its mitochondrial localization. Collectively, our data provide new insights regarding the role of Mfn2 in controlling cellular proliferation. ..
- Wakabayashi J, Zhang Z, Wakabayashi N, Tamura Y, Fukaya M, Kensler T, et al. The dynamin-related GTPase Drp1 is required for embryonic and brain development in mice. J Cell Biol. 2009;186:805-16 pubmed publisher..These findings clearly demonstrate the physiological importance of Drp1-mediated organelle division in mice. ..
- Montell D. The genetics of cell migration in Drosophila melanogaster and Caenorhabditis elegans development. Development. 1999;126:3035-46 pubmed..New types of genetic screens promise to fill in some of these gaps in the near future. ..
- Bordt E, Clerc P, Roelofs B, Saladino A, Tretter L, Adam Vizi V, et al. The Putative Drp1 Inhibitor mdivi-1 Is a Reversible Mitochondrial Complex I Inhibitor that Modulates Reactive Oxygen Species. Dev Cell. 2017;40:583-594.e6 pubmed publisher..2Â mM). Overall, these results suggest that mdivi-1 is not a specific Drp1 inhibitor. The ability of mdivi-1 to reversibly inhibit complex I and modify mitochondrial ROS production may contribute to effects observed in disease models. ..
- Sesaki H, Southard S, Hobbs A, Jensen R. Cells lacking Pcp1p/Ugo2p, a rhomboid-like protease required for Mgm1p processing, lose mtDNA and mitochondrial structure in a Dnm1p-dependent manner, but remain competent for mitochondrial fusion. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;308:276-83 pubmed..However, the processing of Mgm1p is not strictly required for mitochondrial fusion, indicating that the 100 kDa form is sufficient to promote fusion. ..
- Wang T, Wang X, Xie Q, Montell C. The SOCS box protein STOPS is required for phototransduction through its effects on phospholipase C. Neuron. 2008;57:56-68 pubmed publisher..Moreover, this work demonstrates that a PLCbeta derivative that does not promote TRP channel activation, still contributes to signaling in vivo. ..
- Yang X, Lyu Z, Miguel A, McQuillen R, Huang K, Xiao J. GTPase activity-coupled treadmilling of the bacterial tubulin FtsZ organizes septal cell wall synthesis. Science. 2017;355:744-747 pubmed publisher..Thus, FtsZ treadmilling provides a mechanism for achieving uniform septal cell wall synthesis to enable correct polar morphology. ..
- Itoh K, Nakamura K, Iijima M, Sesaki H. Mitochondrial dynamics in neurodegeneration. Trends Cell Biol. 2013;23:64-71 pubmed publisher..Here, we review the recent findings on mitochondrial dynamics in neurodegeneration. ..
- Xu S, Peng G, Wang Y, Fang S, Karbowski M. The AAA-ATPase p97 is essential for outer mitochondrial membrane protein turnover. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:291-300 pubmed publisher..Our results establish p97 as a novel and essential component of the OMM-associated protein degradation pathway. ..
- Bowman A, Catino D, Strong J, Randall W, Kontrogianni Konstantopoulos A, Bloch R. The rho-guanine nucleotide exchange factor domain of obscurin regulates assembly of titin at the Z-disk through interactions with Ran binding protein 9. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:3782-92 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the Rho-GEF domain interacts with RanBP9 and that both can interact with the N-terminal region of titin to influence the formation of the Z-disk and A/I junction. ..
- Zhang Z, Wakabayashi N, Wakabayashi J, Tamura Y, Song W, Sereda S, et al. The dynamin-related GTPase Opa1 is required for glucose-stimulated ATP production in pancreatic beta cells. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:2235-45 pubmed publisher..Consequently, mice lacking Opa1 in beta cells develop hyperglycemia. The data suggest that the function of Opa1 in the maintenance of the electron transport chain is physiologically relevant in beta cells...
- Wang H, Lim P, Karbowski M, Monteiro M. Effects of overexpression of huntingtin proteins on mitochondrial integrity. Hum Mol Genet. 2009;18:737-52 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, our results suggest that it might be possible to reverse polyglutamine-induced cytotoxicity by preventing mitochondrial fragmentation. ..
- Ryan P, Lu M, Draper D. Recognition of the highly conserved GTPase center of 23 S ribosomal RNA by ribosomal protein L11 and the antibiotic thiostrepton. J Mol Biol. 1991;221:1257-68 pubmed..The results are discussed in terms of a model in which conformational flexibility of the GTPase center RNA is functionally important during the ribosome elongation cycle. ..
- Cerveny K, Studer S, Jensen R, Sesaki H. Yeast mitochondrial division and distribution require the cortical num1 protein. Dev Cell. 2007;12:363-75 pubmed..Thus, our studies have revealed an additional role for Dnm1p in mitochondrial transmission through its interaction with Num1p, thereby providing a link between mitochondrial division and inheritance. ..
- West A, Moore D, Choi C, Andrabi S, Li X, Dikeman D, et al. Parkinson's disease-associated mutations in LRRK2 link enhanced GTP-binding and kinase activities to neuronal toxicity. Hum Mol Genet. 2007;16:223-32 pubmed..These results suggest a link between LRRK2 kinase activity and pathogenic mechanisms relating to neurodegeneration, further supporting a gain-of-function role for LRRK2 mutations. ..
- Ye K, Hurt K, Wu F, Fang M, Luo H, Hong J, et al. Pike. A nuclear gtpase that enhances PI3kinase activity and is regulated by protein 4.1N. Cell. 2000;103:919-30 pubmed..Overexpression of 4.1N abolishes PIKE effects on PI3K. Activation of nuclear PI3K by PIKE is inhibited by the NGF-stimulated 4.1N translocation to the nucleus. Thus, PIKE physiologically modulates the activation by NGF of nuclear PI3K. ..
- Tan F, Husain M, Manlandro C, Koppenol M, Fire A, Hill R. CED-9 and mitochondrial homeostasis in C. elegans muscle. J Cell Sci. 2008;121:3373-82 pubmed publisher..Thus, CED-9 is capable of regulating the mitochondrial fission-fusion cycle but is not essential for either fission or fusion. ..
- Sesaki H, Jensen R. Ugo1p links the Fzo1p and Mgm1p GTPases for mitochondrial fusion. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:28298-303 pubmed..Our data indicate that distinct regions of Ugo1p bind directly to Fzo1p and Mgm1p and thereby link these two GTPases during mitochondrial fusion. ..
- Wes P, Yu M, Montell C. RIC, a calmodulin-binding Ras-like GTPase. EMBO J. 1996;15:5839-48 pubmed..While Ric and RIT were widely expressed, expression of RIN was confined to the neuron system. ..