Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on gene expression regulation in Bethesda, Maryland, United States
Locale: Bethesda, Maryland, United States
Topic: gene expression regulation
Publications530 found, 100 shown here
- Yu F, Zhang Y, Chuang D. Lithium reduces BACE1 overexpression, ? amyloid accumulation, and spatial learning deficits in mice with traumatic brain injury. J Neurotrauma. 2012;29:2342-51 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that lithium is a potentially useful agent for managing memory impairments after TBI or other head trauma. ..
- Kimura M, Pobezinsky L, Guinter T, Thomas J, Adams A, Park J, et al. IL-7 signaling must be intermittent, not continuous, during CD8âº T cell homeostasis to promote cell survival instead of cell death. Nat Immunol. 2013;14:143-51 pubmed publisher..In this study we identified regulation of the duration of IL-7 signaling by homeostatic engagement of the TCR as the basis for in vivo CD8(+) T cell homeostasis. ..
- Chang J, Seo S, Lee K, Nagashima K, Bang J, Kim B, et al. Essential role of Cenexin1, but not Odf2, in ciliogenesis. Cell Cycle. 2013;12:655-62 pubmed publisher..The presence of multiple splicing variants hints that the function of Odf2 is diversified in such a way that each variant has a distinct role in the complex cellular and developmental processes. ..
- Adamson A, Ghoreschi K, Rittler M, Chen Q, Sun H, Vahedi G, et al. Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 1 is preferentially expressed in Th1 and Th17 T-helper cell subsets and is a direct STAT target gene. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e59367 pubmed publisher..Finally, we demonstrate that when restricted to T cells, expression of TIMP1 promotes neuropathology in experimental allergic encephalomyelitis. ..
- Yoshioka Y, Ono M, Maeda A, Kilts T, Hara E, Khattab H, et al. CCN4/WISP-1 positively regulates chondrogenesis by controlling TGF-Î²3 function. Bone. 2016;83:162-170 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these results show, for the first time, that CCN4 has a positive influence on chondrogenic differentiation by modulating the effects of TGF-Î²3. ..
- Sokolov M, NEUMANN R. Global Gene Expression Alterations as a Crucial Constituent of Human Cell Response to Low Doses of Ionizing Radiation Exposure. Int J Mol Sci. 2015;17: pubmed publisher..Changes in gene expression, not only at the level of mRNA, but also miRNA, have been found to crucially underlie these effects having implications for radiation protection purposes. ..
- Jakowlew S, Lechleider R, Geiser A, Kim S, Santa Coloma T, Cubert J, et al. Identification and characterization of the chicken transforming growth factor-beta 3 promoter. Mol Endocrinol. 1992;6:1285-98 pubmed
- Citron B, Davis M, Milstien S, Gutierrez J, Mendel D, Crabtree G, et al. Identity of 4a-carbinolamine dehydratase, a component of the phenylalanine hydroxylation system, and DCoH, a transregulator of homeodomain proteins. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1992;89:11891-4 pubmed..The evolution of the dual functions of regulation of phenylalanine hydroxylation activity and transcription activation in a single polypeptide is unprecedented. ..
- Tang P, Tsai Morris C, Dufau M. Cloning and characterization of a hormonally regulated rat long chain acyl-CoA synthetase. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:6581-6 pubmed..GR-LACS may contribute to the provision of energy requirements and to the biosynthesis of steroid precursors and could participate through acyl-CoA's multiple functions in the regulation of the male gonad. ..
- Hildesheim J, Belova G, Tyner S, Zhou X, Vardanian L, Fornace A. Gadd45a regulates matrix metalloproteinases by suppressing DeltaNp63alpha and beta-catenin via p38 MAP kinase and APC complex activation. Oncogene. 2004;23:1829-37 pubmed..This implicates Gadd45a in the negative regulation of cell migration, and invasion. ..
- Pompeia C, Hurle B, Belyantseva I, Noben Trauth K, Beisel K, Gao J, et al. Gene expression profile of the mouse organ of Corti at the onset of hearing. Genomics. 2004;83:1000-11 pubmed..This resource provides both a view of the profile of gene expression in the OC at the onset of hearing and a tool to identify novel genes of importance in hearing. ..
- King K, Ponnamperuma R, Gerdes M, Tokino T, Yamashita T, Baker C, et al. Unique domain functions of p63 isotypes that differentially regulate distinct aspects of epidermal homeostasis. Carcinogenesis. 2006;27:53-63 pubmed
- Gegonne A, Weissman J, Lu H, Zhou M, Dasgupta A, Ribble R, et al. TFIID component TAF7 functionally interacts with both TFIIH and P-TEFb. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:5367-72 pubmed publisher..Further, in vivo TAF7 coelongates with P-TEFb and Pol II downstream of the promoter. We propose a model in which TAF7 contributes to the regulation of the transition from PIC assembly to initiation and elongation. ..
- Puertollano R, Kiselyov K. TRPMLs: in sickness and in health. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2009;296:F1245-54 pubmed publisher..Since mucolipins are ubiquitously expressed, this review may be useful for a wide audience of basic biologists and clinicians. ..
- Kang Z, Webster Marketon J, Johnson A, Sternberg E. Bacillus anthracis lethal toxin represses MMTV promoter activity through transcription factors. J Mol Biol. 2009;389:595-605 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these findings suggest that transcription factors are intracellular targets of LeTx and expand our understanding of the molecular action of LeTx at a later stage of low-dose exposure. ..
- Kimura A, Rieger M, Simone J, Chen W, Wickre M, Zhu B, et al. The transcription factors STAT5A/B regulate GM-CSF-mediated granulopoiesis. Blood. 2009;114:4721-8 pubmed publisher..Finally, transcriptome analysis indicated that STAT5A/B directs GM-CSF signaling through the regulation of proliferation and survival genes. ..
- Kramer P, Christensen C, Hazelwood L, Dobi A, Bock R, Sibley D, et al. Dopamine D2 receptor overexpression alters behavior and physiology in Drd2-EGFP mice. J Neurosci. 2011;31:126-32 pubmed publisher..All together, this study demonstrates that Drd2-EGFP mice overexpress D2R and have altered dopaminergic signaling that fundamentally differentiates them from wild-type and Drd1-EGFP mice. ..
- Kim D, Zhang W, Millman S, Hwang B, Kwon S, Clayberger C, et al. Fbw7?-mediated degradation of KLF13 prevents RANTES expression in resting human but not murine T lymphocytes. Blood. 2012;120:1658-67 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these studies found that tightly regulated control of both synthesis and degradation allows rapid changes in the level of KLF13 in human T lymphocytes. ..
- Minowa M, Minowa T, Monsma F, Sibley D, Mouradian M. Characterization of the 5' flanking region of the human D1A dopamine receptor gene. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1992;89:3045-9 pubmed..Thus, the human D1A gene belongs to the category of tissue-specific, regulated genes that have housekeeping-type promoters. ..
- Gabriele L, Phung J, Fukumoto J, Segal D, Wang I, Giannakakou P, et al. Regulation of apoptosis in myeloid cells by interferon consensus sequence-binding protein. J Exp Med. 1999;190:411-21 pubmed..These data suggest that ICSBP modulates survival of myeloid cells by regulating expression of apoptosis-related genes. ..
- Yamada A, Kimura S. Induction of uteroglobin-related protein 2 (Ugrp2) expression by EGF and TGFalpha. FEBS Lett. 2005;579:2221-5 pubmed..The EGF-induced increase of Ugrp2 occurred at the transcriptional level that required the EGF receptor and the activation of the ERK-MAPK and phosphoinositide-3 kinase pathways. ..
- Mauck R, Byers B, Yuan X, Tuan R. Regulation of cartilaginous ECM gene transcription by chondrocytes and MSCs in 3D culture in response to dynamic loading. Biomech Model Mechanobiol. 2007;6:113-25 pubmed..These results demonstrate the utility of a new reporter promoter system for optimizing loading protocols to improve the outcome of engineered chondrocyte- and MSC-laden cartilaginous constructs. ..
- Dufau M, Tsai Morris C. Gonadotropin-regulated testicular helicase (GRTH/DDX25): an essential regulator of spermatogenesis. Trends Endocrinol Metab. 2007;18:314-20 pubmed..The association of GRTH mutations with male infertility underlines the importance of GRTH as a central, post-transcriptional regulator of spermatogenesis. ..
- Wang X, Song Y, Jacobi J, Tuan R. Inhibition of histone deacetylases antagonized FGF2 and IL-1beta effects on MMP expression in human articular chondrocytes. Growth Factors. 2009;27:40-9 pubmed publisher..Combination of FGF2 and the HDAC inhibitor decreases both anabolic and catabolic genes, which may slow the cartilage turnover and be beneficial for maintaining cartilage integrity. ..
- ..Its dynamic nature is not only a fundamental property of the transcription machinery, but it is emerging as an important modulator of physiological processes, particularly in differentiation and development. ..
- Hedrick M, Lonsdorf A, Hwang S, Farber J. CCR6 as a possible therapeutic target in psoriasis. Expert Opin Ther Targets. 2010;14:911-22 pubmed publisher..We conclude that CCR6 should be investigated as a potential therapeutic target in psoriasis. ..
- Jeang K. Human T cell leukemia virus type 1 (HTLV-1) and oncogene or oncomiR addiction?. Oncotarget. 2010;1:453-6 pubmed..Here we discuss the possibility that early ATL cells are Tax-oncogene-addicted while late ATL cells are oncogenic microRNA (oncomiR) - addicted. The potential utility of interrupting oncomiR addiction as a cancer treatment is broached. ..
- Kotelkin A, Belyakov I, Yang L, Berzofsky J, Collins P, Bukreyev A. The NS2 protein of human respiratory syncytial virus suppresses the cytotoxic T-cell response as a consequence of suppressing the type I interferon response. J Virol. 2006;80:5958-67 pubmed publisher..Thus, the NS2 protein of HRSV suppresses the CTL component of the adaptive immune response, and this appears to be a consequence of its suppression of type I IFN...
- Zerbe C, Marciano B, Katial R, Santos C, Adamo N, Hsu A, et al. Progressive Multifocal Leukoencephalopathy in Primary Immune Deficiencies: Stat1 Gain of Function and Review of the Literature. Clin Infect Dis. 2016;62:986-94 pubmed publisher..The occurrence of PML in 4 cases of STAT1 GOF suggests that STAT1 plays a critical role in the control of JC virus in the central nervous system. ..
- Burbelo P, Martin G, Yamada Y. Alpha 1(IV) and alpha 2(IV) collagen genes are regulated by a bidirectional promoter and a shared enhancer. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1988;85:9679-82 pubmed
- Wojda U, Leigh K, Njoroge J, Jackson K, Natarajan B, Stitely M, et al. Fetal hemoglobin modulation during human erythropoiesis: stem cell factor has "late" effects related to the expression pattern of CD117. Blood. 2003;101:492-7 pubmed..These results suggest that the HbF response to SCF is greatest at the late progenitor stage as a function of surface CD117 expression. ..
- Xu X, Carlson B, Grimm T, Kutza J, Berry M, Arreola R, et al. Rhesus monkey simian immunodeficiency virus infection as a model for assessing the role of selenium in AIDS. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2002;31:453-63 pubmed
- Strunnikova N, Hilmer S, Flippin J, Robinson M, Hoffman E, Csaky K. Differences in gene expression profiles in dermal fibroblasts from control and patients with age-related macular degeneration elicited by oxidative injury. Free Radic Biol Med. 2005;39:781-96 pubmed..Despite the small number of patients in the study, specific biological and statistical differences in gene expression profiles between control and AMD patients were identified but only in the presence of an environmental stimulus. ..
- Huang J, Dorsey J, Chuikov S, PÃ©rez Burgos L, Zhang X, Jenuwein T, et al. G9a and Glp methylate lysine 373 in the tumor suppressor p53. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:9636-41 pubmed publisher..These data reveal a new methylation site within p53 mediated by the methylases G9a and Glp and indicate that G9a is a potential inhibitory target for cancer treatment. ..
- Miller T, Kaur S, Ivins O Keefe K, Roberts D. Thrombospondin-1 is a CD47-dependent endogenous inhibitor of hydrogen sulfide signaling in T cell activation. Matrix Biol. 2013;32:316-24 pubmed publisher..Thus, thrombospondin-1 signaling through CD47 is the first identified endogenous inhibitor of H2S signaling and constitutes a novel mechanism that negatively regulates T cell activation. ..
- Munitic I, Giardino Torchia M, Meena N, Zhu G, Li C, Ashwell J. Optineurin insufficiency impairs IRF3 but not NF-ÎºB activation in immune cells. J Immunol. 2013;191:6231-40 pubmed publisher..Importantly, Optn(470T) mice produced less IFN-Î² upon LPS challenge. Therefore, endogenous optineurin is dispensable for NF-ÎºB activation but necessary for optimal IRF3 activation in immune cells. ..
- Warren C, Jaquish C, Cowan C. The NextGen Genetic Association Studies Consortium: A Foray into InÂ Vitro Population Genetics. Cell Stem Cell. 2017;20:431-433 pubmed publisher..This issue of Cell Stem Cell and affiliated journals include several manuscripts describing the results of the consortium's efforts. ..
- Chereji R, Bharatula V, Elfving N, Blomberg J, Larsson M, Morozov A, et al. Mediator binds to boundaries of chromosomal interaction domains and to proteins involved in DNA looping, RNA metabolism, chromatin remodeling, and actin assembly. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:8806-8821 pubmed publisher..This suggests that Mediator plays a significant role in higher-order genome organization. ..
- Otterson G, Kaye F. A 'core ATPase', Hsp70-like structure is conserved in human, rat, and C. elegans STCH proteins. Gene. 1997;199:287-92 pubmed..The recognition that the truncated 'core ATPase' structure of the STCH molecule is conserved in human, rat, and C. elegans tissues suggests an important role for this unique member of the membrane-bound Hsp70 family. ..
- Shih H, SciumÃ¨ G, Mikami Y, Guo L, Sun H, Brooks S, et al. Developmental Acquisition of Regulomes Underlies Innate Lymphoid Cell Functionality. Cell. 2016;165:1120-1133 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate extensive sharing of regulatory circuitry across the innate and adaptive compartments of the immune system, in spite of their divergent developing pathways. ..
- Fernandez Capetillo O, Chen H, Celeste A, Ward I, Romanienko P, Morales J, et al. DNA damage-induced G2-M checkpoint activation by histone H2AX and 53BP1. Nat Cell Biol. 2002;4:993-7 pubmed
- Luan H, Peabody N, Vinson C, White B. Refined spatial manipulation of neuronal function by combinatorial restriction of transgene expression. Neuron. 2006;52:425-36 pubmed..We use this system to dissect a neuronal network in Drosophila by selectively targeting expression of the cell death gene reaper to subsets of neurons within the network. ..
- Sloand E, Melenhorst J, Tucker Z, Pfannes L, Brenchley J, Yong A, et al. T-cell immune responses to Wilms tumor 1 protein in myelodysplasia responsive to immunosuppressive therapy. Blood. 2011;117:2691-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results suggest that WT1 is one of the antigens that triggers T cell-mediated myelosuppression in MDS. ..
- Di L, Fernandez A, De Siervi A, Longo D, Gardner K. Transcriptional regulation of BRCA1 expression by a metabolic switch. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2010;17:1406-13 pubmed publisher..The active control of chromatin marks, DNA accessibility and gene expression at the BRCA1 promoter by this 'metabolic switch' provides an important molecular link between caloric intake and tumor suppressor expression in mammary cells. ..
- Kleinman J, Law A, Lipska B, Hyde T, Ellis J, Harrison P, et al. Genetic neuropathology of schizophrenia: new approaches to an old question and new uses for postmortem human brains. Biol Psychiatry. 2011;69:140-5 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the data, interpreted judiciously, can strengthen the plausibility of the association itself. ..
- Ji Y, Pos Z, Rao M, Klebanoff C, Yu Z, Sukumar M, et al. Repression of the DNA-binding inhibitor Id3 by Blimp-1 limits the formation of memory CD8+ T cells. Nat Immunol. 2011;12:1230-7 pubmed publisher..Our findings identify the Blimp-1-Id3-E2A axis as a key molecular switch that determines whether effector CD8(+) T cells are programmed to die or enter the memory pool. ..
- Yu P, Santiago L, Katagiri Y, Geller H. Myosin II activity regulates neurite outgrowth and guidance in response to chondroitin sulfate proteoglycans. J Neurochem. 2012;120:1117-28 pubmed publisher..Inhibition of myosin II selectively accelerated neurite initiation without altering cell adhesion and spreading on CSPGs. ..
- ENOCH M, Zhou Z, Kimura M, Mash D, Yuan Q, Goldman D. GABAergic gene expression in postmortem hippocampus from alcoholics and cocaine addicts; corresponding findings in alcohol-naïve P and NP rats. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e29369 pubmed publisher..Congruent findings in human addicts and P rats provide clues to predisposing factors for alcohol and drug addiction. Finally, the results of this study have therapeutic implications. ..
- Stavreva D, Varticovski L, Hager G. Complex dynamics of transcription regulation. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2012;1819:657-66 pubmed publisher..This article is part of a Special Issue entitled: Chromatin in time and space. ..
- Famakin B, Mou Y, Spatz M, Lawal M, Hallenbeck J. Downstream Toll-like receptor signaling mediates adaptor-specific cytokine expression following focal cerebral ischemia. J Neuroinflammation. 2012;9:174 pubmed publisher..The MyD88 pathway directs the expression of neutrophil chemoattractants following cerebral ischemia. ..
- Zhang X, He Y, Lee K, DuBois W, Li Z, Wu X, et al. Rap2b, a novel p53 target, regulates p53-mediated pro-survival function. Cell Cycle. 2013;12:1279-91 pubmed publisher..Together, our results identify Rap2b as a new player in the pro-survival program conducted by p53 and raise the possibility that targeting Rap2b could sensitize tumor cells to apoptosis in response to DNA damage. ..
- Hu G, Tang Q, Sharma S, Yu F, Escobar T, Muljo S, et al. Expression and regulation of intergenic long noncoding RNAs during T cell development and differentiation. Nat Immunol. 2013;14:1190-8 pubmed publisher..We found that the lincRNA LincR-Ccr2-5'AS, together with GATA-3, was an essential component of a regulatory circuit in gene expression specific to the TH2 subset of helper T cells and was important for the migration of TH2 cells. ..
- Zhang L, Beaucher M, Cheng Y, Rong Y. Coordination of transposon expression with DNA replication in the targeting of telomeric retrotransposons in Drosophila. EMBO J. 2014;33:1148-58 pubmed publisher..Our study also supports a co-adaptive relationship between the Drosophila host and HeT-A mobile elements. ..
- Lin J, Leonard W. The role of Stat5a and Stat5b in signaling by IL-2 family cytokines. Oncogene. 2000;19:2566-76 pubmed..Oncogene (2000). ..
- Santamarina Fojo S, Remaley A, Neufeld E, Brewer H. Regulation and intracellular trafficking of the ABCA1 transporter. J Lipid Res. 2001;42:1339-45 pubmed..Given the key role that ABCA1 plays in cholesterol homeostasis, it is likely that there are multiple mechanisms for controlling the overall transporter activity of ABCA1...
- Topol L, Jiang X, Choi H, Garrett Beal L, Carolan P, Yang Y. Wnt-5a inhibits the canonical Wnt pathway by promoting GSK-3-independent beta-catenin degradation. J Cell Biol. 2003;162:899-908 pubmed..Furthermore, we provide evidence that Wnt-5a also acts in vivo to promote beta-catenin degradation in regulating mammalian limb development and possibly in suppressing tumor formation. ..
- Ledee D, Chen J, Tonelli L, Takase H, Gery I, Zelenka P. Differential expression of splice variants of chemokine CCL27 mRNA in lens, cornea, and retina of the normal mouse eye. Mol Vis. 2004;10:663-7 pubmed
- Wolf R, Voscopoulos C, FitzGerald P, Goldsmith P, Cataisson C, Gunsior M, et al. The mouse S100A15 ortholog parallels genomic organization, structure, gene expression, and protein-processing pattern of the human S100A7/A15 subfamily during epidermal maturation. J Invest Dermatol. 2006;126:1600-8 pubmed..The regulation, expression pattern and crosslinking of mS100A15 are consistent with the characteristics of the human orthologs, providing a valid surrogate model to study changes in these proteins associated with cutaneous pathologies. ..
- Suffia I, Reckling S, Piccirillo C, Goldszmid R, Belkaid Y. Infected site-restricted Foxp3+ natural regulatory T cells are specific for microbial antigens. J Exp Med. 2006;203:777-88 pubmed..Further, we showed that parasite-specific natural T reg cells are restricted to sites of infection and that their survival is strictly dependent on parasite persistence. ..
- Robey R, Fetsch P, Polgar O, Dean M, Bates S. The livestock photosensitizer, phytoporphyrin (phylloerythrin), is a substrate of the ATP-binding cassette transporter ABCG2. Res Vet Sci. 2006;81:345-9 pubmed..ABCG2 expression was confirmed by immunohistochemistry in the hepatocytes of cow, pig and sheep livers. We conclude that phytoporphyrin is a substrate for ABCG2 and that the transporter is likely responsible for its biliary excretion...
- Sei Y, Ren Patterson R, Li Z, Tunbridge E, Egan M, Kolachana B, et al. Neuregulin1-induced cell migration is impaired in schizophrenia: association with neuregulin1 and catechol-o-methyltransferase gene polymorphisms. Mol Psychiatry. 2007;12:946-57 pubmed
- Pramatarova A, Chen K, Howell B. A genetic interaction between the APP and Dab1 genes influences brain development. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2008;37:178-86 pubmed..The Dab1-hypomorphic phenotype is improved in the cerebellum of animals that are deficient for APP. Together this suggests that APP expression constrains the consequences of Dab1 activity during brain development. ..
- Punia S, Rumery K, Yu E, Lambert C, Notkins A, Weaver D. Disruption of gene expression rhythms in mice lacking secretory vesicle proteins IA-2 and IA-2Î². Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2012;303:E762-76 pubmed publisher..Thus, IA-2 and IA-2Î² play an important role in the regulation of circadian rhythms, likely through their participation in neurochemical communication among SCN neurons. ..
- Solier S, Ryan M, Martin S, Varma S, Kohn K, Liu H, et al. Transcription poisoning by Topoisomerase I is controlled by gene length, splice sites, and miR-142-3p. Cancer Res. 2013;73:4830-9 pubmed publisher..Our study shows the profound impact of Top1cc on transcription elongation, especially at intron-exon junctions and on transcript stability by microRNA miR-142-3p upregulation. ..
- Daigle J, Krishnamurthy K, Ramesh N, Casci I, Monaghan J, McAvoy K, et al. Pur-alpha regulates cytoplasmic stress granule dynamics and ameliorates FUS toxicity. Acta Neuropathol. 2016;131:605-20 pubmed publisher..Our data emphasizes the importance of stress granules in ALS pathogenesis and identifies Pur-alpha as a novel regulator of SG dynamics. ..
- Sweeney C, Zou J, Choi U, Merling R, Liu A, Bodansky A, et al. Targeted Repair of CYBB in X-CGD iPSCs Requires Retention of Intronic Sequences for Expression and Functional Correction. Mol Ther. 2017;25:321-330 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, it highlights a key issue for targeted insertion strategies for expression from an endogenous promoter: retention of intronic elements can be necessary for expression. ..
- Gupta P, Sharma A, Han J, Yang A, Bhomia M, Knollmann Ritschel B, et al. Differential host gene responses from infection with neurovirulent and partially-neurovirulent strains of Venezuelan equine encephalitis virus. BMC Infect Dis. 2017;17:309 pubmed publisher..Future studies are needed to explore the roles played by the genes identified in VEEV induced encephalitis. ..
- Horgan K, Tanaka Y, Luce G, van Seventer G, Nutman T, Shaw S. CD45RB expression defines two interconvertible subsets of human CD4+ T cells with memory function. Eur J Immunol. 1994;24:1240-3 pubmed..Variability in CD45RB expression may represent a mechanism for fine-tuning the responsiveness of memory cells in vivo. ..
- Furumura M, Sakai C, Potterf S, Vieira W, Barsh G, Hearing V. Characterization of genes modulated during pheomelanogenesis using differential display. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:7374-8 pubmed
- Zhang S, Qian X, Redman C, Bliskovski V, Ramsay E, Lowy D, et al. p16 INK4a gene promoter variation and differential binding of a repressor, the ras-responsive zinc-finger transcription factor, RREB. Oncogene. 2003;22:2285-95 pubmed..BALB/c mice have both regulatory and coding region defects that may contribute to the impairment of p16 gene function. ..
- Radaeva S, Jaruga B, Kim W, Heller T, Liang T, Gao B. Interferon-gamma inhibits interferon-alpha signalling in hepatic cells: evidence for the involvement of STAT1 induction and hyperexpression of STAT1 in chronic hepatitis C. Biochem J. 2004;379:199-208 pubmed
- Wu X, Zhu D, Jiang X, Okagaki P, Mearow K, Zhu G, et al. AMPA protects cultured neurons against glutamate excitotoxicity through a phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase-dependent activation in extracellular signal-regulated kinase to upregulate BDNF gene expression. J Neurochem. 2004;90:807-18 pubmed..Thus, AMPA receptors protect neurons through a mechanism involving BDNF release, TrkB receptor activation, and a signaling pathway involving a PI3-K dependent activation of MAPK that increases BDNF expression. ..
- Yu Q, Erman B, Park J, Feigenbaum L, Singer A. IL-7 receptor signals inhibit expression of transcription factors TCF-1, LEF-1, and RORgammat: impact on thymocyte development. J Exp Med. 2004;200:797-803 pubmed..We conclude that IL-7R signals down-regulate transcription factors required for the ISP to DP transition and so must be terminated by the ISP stage of thymocyte development. ..
- Carlson B, Xu X, Gladyshev V, Hatfield D. Selective rescue of selenoprotein expression in mice lacking a highly specialized methyl group in selenocysteine tRNA. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:5542-8 pubmed..Overall, this study described a novel mechanism of regulation of protein expression by tRNA modification that is in turn regulated by levels of the trace element, selenium. ..
- Kim D, Tolliver T, Huang S, Martin B, Andrews A, Wichems C, et al. Altered serotonin synthesis, turnover and dynamic regulation in multiple brain regions of mice lacking the serotonin transporter. Neuropharmacology. 2005;49:798-810 pubmed
- Irarrazabal C, Burg M, Ward S, Ferraris J. Phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase mediates activation of ATM by high NaCl and by ionizing radiation: Role in osmoprotective transcriptional regulation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:8882-7 pubmed
- Heimeier R, Hsia V, Shi Y. Participation of Brahma-related gene 1 (BRG1)-associated factor 57 and BRG1-containing chromatin remodeling complexes in thyroid hormone-dependent gene activation during vertebrate development. Mol Endocrinol. 2008;22:1065-77 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings suggest a role of BRG1/BAF57-containing chromatin remodeling complexes in TR-regulated gene expression during postembryonic development. ..
- Duverger O, Lee D, Hassan M, Chen S, Jaisser F, Lian J, et al. Molecular consequences of a frameshifted DLX3 mutant leading to Tricho-Dento-Osseous syndrome. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:20198-208 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the transcriptional activity of DLX3(WT) is significantly reduced in the presence of the mutated isoform, indicating that DLX3(TDO) has a dominant negative effect on DLX3(WT) transcriptional activity. ..
- Hanover J, Krause M, Love D. The hexosamine signaling pathway: O-GlcNAc cycling in feast or famine. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2010;1800:80-95 pubmed publisher..It will emphasize the impact O-GlcNAcylation has upon signaling pathways that may be become deregulated in diseases of the immune system, diabetes mellitus, cancer, cardiovascular disease, and neurodegenerative diseases. ..
- Zhang Y, Malone J, Powell S, Periwal V, Spana E, MacAlpine D, et al. Expression in aneuploid Drosophila S2 cells. PLoS Biol. 2010;8:e1000320 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that expression dosage compensation dampens the effect of altered DNA copy number genome-wide. For the X chromosome, compensation includes fixed and dose-dependent components. ..
- Meylan F, Song Y, Fuss I, Villarreal S, Kahle E, Malm I, et al. The TNF-family cytokine TL1A drives IL-13-dependent small intestinal inflammation. Mucosal Immunol. 2011;4:172-85 pubmed publisher..These results establish a novel link between TL1A and interleukin 13 (IL-13) responses that results in small intestinal inflammation, and also establish that TL1A-DR3 interactions are necessary and sufficient for T cell-dependent IBD. ..
- Cai Q, Sheng Z. Uncovering the role of Snapin in regulating autophagy-lysosomal function. Autophagy. 2011;7:445-7 pubmed..Our study suggests that Snapin is a candidate molecular target for autophagy-lysosomal regulation. ..
- Susarla B, Laing E, Yu P, Katagiri Y, Geller H, Symes A. Smad proteins differentially regulate transforming growth factor-Î²-mediated induction of chondroitin sulfate proteoglycans. J Neurochem. 2011;119:868-78 pubmed publisher..Our data implicate TGF-Î² Smad3-mediated induction of 4-sulfation as a critical determinant of the permissiveness of astrocyte secreted CSPGs for axonal growth. ..
- Murphy R, Nalls M, Keller M, Garcia M, Kritchevsky S, Tylavsky F, et al. Candidate gene association study of BMI-related loci, weight, and adiposity in old age. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2013;68:661-6 pubmed publisher..In African Americans, a SNP near SEC16B was weakly associated with weight (p = .04). In this sample of older adults, no BMI-associated SNPs were associated with weight or adiposity. ..