Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on expressed sequence tags in Bethesda, Maryland, United States
Locale: Bethesda, Maryland, United States
Topic: expressed sequence tags
- Bhattacharya B, Cai J, Luo Y, Miura T, Mejido J, Brimble S, et al. Comparison of the gene expression profile of undifferentiated human embryonic stem cell lines and differentiating embryoid bodies. BMC Dev Biol. 2005;5:22 pubmed..These results present a detailed characterization of a unique set of genes, which can be used to assess the hESC differentiation. ..
- Pompeia C, Hurle B, Belyantseva I, Noben Trauth K, Beisel K, Gao J, et al. Gene expression profile of the mouse organ of Corti at the onset of hearing. Genomics. 2004;83:1000-11 pubmed..This resource provides both a view of the profile of gene expression in the OC at the onset of hearing and a tool to identify novel genes of importance in hearing. ..
- Sun M, Goldin E, Stahl S, Falardeau J, Kennedy J, Acierno J, et al. Mucolipidosis type IV is caused by mutations in a gene encoding a novel transient receptor potential channel. Hum Mol Genet. 2000;9:2471-8 pubmed..The role of a potential receptor-stimulated cation channel defect in the pathogenesis of mucolipidosis IV is discussed. ..
- Pouliot J, Yao K, Robertson C, Nash H. Yeast gene for a Tyr-DNA phosphodiesterase that repairs topoisomerase I complexes. Science. 1999;286:552-5 pubmed..The presence of this gene in humans may have implications for the effectiveness of topoisomerase I poisons, such as the camptothecins, in chemotherapy. ..
- Ahmed F, Torrado M, Zinovieva R, Senatorov V, Wistow G, Tomarev S. Gene expression profile of the rat eye iridocorneal angle: NEIBank expressed sequence tag analysis. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2004;45:3081-90 pubmed..Although myocilin is not abundantly expressed in rat eye angle, other olfactomedin-containing genes are expressed there and may play important roles in normal eye function and disease. ..
- Bera T, Hahn Y, Lee B, Pastan I. TEPP, a new gene specifically expressed in testis, prostate, and placenta and well conserved in chordates. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;312:1209-15 pubmed..Selective expression of TEPP in testis, prostate, and in placenta and its high conservation among different species indicate that TEPP might have a role in reproductive biology. ..
- Maitra R, Grigoryev D, Bera T, Pastan I, Lee B. Cloning, molecular characterization, and expression analysis of Copine 8. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;303:842-7 pubmed..Strongest expression of Copine 8 mRNA is seen in the prostate, heart, and brain. Taken together, this data suggest that Copine 8 may have an important role to play in prostate regulation and development. ..
- Bera T, Liu X, Yamada M, Gavrilova O, Mezey E, Tessarollo L, et al. A model for obesity and gigantism due to disruption of the Ankrd26 gene. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:270-5 pubmed..These results show that alterations in an unidentified gene can lead to obesity and identify a molecular target for the treatment of obesity...
- Benson D, Karsch Mizrachi I, Lipman D, Ostell J, Sayers E. GenBank. Nucleic Acids Res. 2009;37:D26-31 pubmed publisher..Complete bimonthly releases and daily updates of the GenBank database are available by FTP. To access GenBank and its related retrieval and analysis services, begin at the NCBI Homepage: www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. ..
- Fu L, Das B, Mathew S, Shi Y. Genome-wide identification of Xenopus matrix metalloproteinases: conservation and unique duplications in amphibians. BMC Genomics. 2009;10:81 pubmed publisher..It will be of interest in the future to investigate whether MMP expression and functions during vertebrate development are conserved. The sequence information reported here should facilitate such an endeavor in the near future. ..
- Bera T, Maitra R, Iavarone C, Salvatore G, Kumar V, Vincent J, et al. PATE, a gene expressed in prostate cancer, normal prostate, and testis, identified by a functional genomic approach. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:3058-63 pubmed..Restricted expression of PATE makes it a potential candidate for the immunotherapy of prostate cancer. ..
- Kapustin Y, Chan E, Sarkar R, Wong F, Vorechovsky I, Winston R, et al. Cryptic splice sites and split genes. Nucleic Acids Res. 2011;39:5837-44 pubmed publisher..This indicates that non-intronic splicing information had a key role in shaping the split structure of eukaryote genes. ..