Experts and Doctors on environmental pollutants in Rockville, Maryland, United States
Locale: Rockville, Maryland, United States
Topic: environmental pollutants
- Buck Louis G, Peterson C, Chen Z, Croughan M, Sundaram R, Stanford J, et al. Bisphenol A and phthalates and endometriosis: the Endometriosis: Natural History, Diagnosis and Outcomes Study. Fertil Steril. 2013;100:162-9.e1-2 pubmed publisher..The lack of consistency of findings across cohorts underscores the impact of methodology on findings. ..
- Pelser C, Dazzi C, Graubard B, Lauria C, Vitale F, Goedert J. Risk of classic Kaposi sarcoma with residential exposure to volcanic and related soils in Sicily. Ann Epidemiol. 2009;19:597-601 pubmed publisher..Iron and alumino-silicate clay, major components of luvisols, may increase cKS risk, but formal investigation and consideration of other soil types and exposures are needed. ..
- Deziel N, Viet S, Rogers J, Camann D, Marker D, Heikkinen M, et al. Comparison of wipe materials and wetting agents for pesticide residue collection from hard surfaces. Sci Total Environ. 2011;409:4442-8 pubmed publisher..0008). Though the TI was superior in terms of both accuracy and precision, it requires multiple preparation steps, which could lead to operational challenges in a large-scale study. ..
- Louis G, Peterson C, Chen Z, Hediger M, Croughan M, Sundaram R, et al. Perfluorochemicals and endometriosis: the ENDO study. Epidemiology. 2012;23:799-805 pubmed publisher..50 and 1.86, respectively). Select PFCs were associated with an endometriosis diagnosis. These associations await corroboration. ..
- Mendola P, Brett K, Dibari J, Pollack A, Tandon R, Shenassa E. Menopause and lead body burden among US women aged 45-55, NHANES 1999-2010. Environ Res. 2013;121:110-3 pubmed publisher..Blood lead was associated with natural menopause in US women even after adjustment for bone turnover. This raises concern that lead exposure, even at low levels, may shorten women's reproductive lifespan. ..