Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on dna binding proteins in College Park, Maryland, United States
Locale: College Park, Maryland, United States
Topic: dna binding proteins
- Losada L, Hutcheson S. Type III secretion chaperones of Pseudomonas syringae protect effectors from Lon-associated degradation. Mol Microbiol. 2005;55:941-53 pubmed publisher..The results imply that Lon is involved at two distinct levels in the regulation of the P. syringae TTSS: regulation of assembly of the secreton and modulation of effector secretion...
- Lucas M, Zhang X, Prasanna V, Mosser D. ERK activation following macrophage FcgammaR ligation leads to chromatin modifications at the IL-10 locus. J Immunol. 2005;175:469-77 pubmed..The rapid and transient regulation of transcription factor accessibility to the IL-10 promoter by MAPK activation represents a novel way that the production of this cytokine is regulated. ..
- Morgan M, Okamoto K, Kahn J, English D. Single-molecule spectroscopic determination of lac repressor-DNA loop conformation. Biophys J. 2005;89:2588-96 pubmed..By using multiple excitation wavelengths and by carefully examining the behavior of the zero-ET peak during titration with LacI, we show that the LacI-9C14 loop exists exclusively in a single closed form exhibiting essentially 100% ET. ..
- Williams E, Lowe T, Savas J, DiRuggiero J. Microarray analysis of the hyperthermophilic archaeon Pyrococcus furiosus exposed to gamma irradiation. Extremophiles. 2007;11:19-29 pubmed..Finally, we identified several transcriptional regulators and protein kinases highly regulated in response to gamma irradiation. ..
- Pal S, Wu J, Wu L. Microarray analyses reveal distinct roles for Rel proteins in the Drosophila immune response. Dev Comp Immunol. 2008;32:50-60 pubmed..This expression was sufficient to drive expression of some immune genes, suggesting redundancy in the regulation of these genes. Combining this data, we also identified novel genes that may be specific targets of Dif. ..
- Haririnia A, Verma R, Purohit N, Twarog M, Deshaies R, Bolon D, et al. Mutations in the hydrophobic core of ubiquitin differentially affect its recognition by receptor proteins. J Mol Biol. 2008;375:979-96 pubmed..These studies emphasize an unexpected role for Ub's core in molecular recognition and suggest that the diversity of protein-protein interactions in which Ub engages placed enormous constraints on its evolvability. ..
- Hill R, Haag E. A sensitized genetic background reveals evolution near the terminus of the Caenorhabditis germline sex determination pathway. Evol Dev. 2009;11:333-42 pubmed publisher..These results represent another way in which C. briggsae germline sex determination is incongruent with that of the outwardly similar C. elegans. ..