Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cultured cells in Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Locale: Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Topic: cultured cells
Publications270 found, 100 shown here
- Kim E, Simpson P, Park D, Liu B, Ronnett G, Moon C. Leukemia inhibitory factor is a proliferative factor for olfactory sensory neurons. Neuroreport. 2005;16:25-8 pubmed..LIF may therefore be useful when developing stem cell therapy to replace damaged olfactory sensory neurons as well as a therapeutic agent to treat some anosmic symptoms. ..
- Bahadduri P, D Souza V, Pinsonneault J, Sadee W, Bao S, Knoell D, et al. Functional characterization of the peptide transporter PEPT2 in primary cultures of human upper airway epithelium. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2005;32:319-25 pubmed..hPEPT2-mediated transport could serve as a strategy for noninvasive systemic delivery of peptides and peptidomimetics drugs. ..
- Kolosova I, Mirzapoiazova T, Adyshev D, Usatyuk P, Romer L, Jacobson J, et al. Signaling pathways involved in adenosine triphosphate-induced endothelial cell barrier enhancement. Circ Res. 2005;97:115-24 pubmed..We conclude that the mechanisms of ATP-induced barrier enhancement are independent of intracellular Ca2+, but involve activation of myosin phosphatase via a novel G-protein-coupled mechanism and PKA. ..
- Yao S, Lum L, Beachy P. The ihog cell-surface proteins bind Hedgehog and mediate pathway activation. Cell. 2006;125:343-57 pubmed
- McDevitt M, Xie J, Ganapathy Kanniappan S, Shanmugasundaram G, Griffith J, Liu A, et al. A critical role for the host mediator macrophage migration inhibitory factor in the pathogenesis of malarial anemia. J Exp Med. 2006;203:1185-96 pubmed..These data suggest that polymorphisms at the MIF locus may influence the levels of MIF produced in the innate response to malaria infection and the likelihood of anemic complications. ..
- Saleem S, Zhuang H, Biswal S, Christen Y, DORE S. Ginkgo biloba extract neuroprotective action is dependent on heme oxygenase 1 in ischemic reperfusion brain injury. Stroke. 2008;39:3389-96 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that EGb761 could be used as a preventive or therapeutic agent in cerebral ischemia and suggest that HO-1 contributes, at least in part, to EGb761 neuroprotection. ..
- Mattson M, Ashery U. No more brain tangles with DeltaNp73. Trends Biochem Sci. 2009;34:6-8 pubmed publisher..These findings provide a novel animal model of AD and a potential therapeutic role for DeltaNp73 inducers. ..
- Chen E, Song Z, Willett M, Heine S, Yung R, Liu M, et al. Serum amyloid A regulates granulomatous inflammation in sarcoidosis through Toll-like receptor-2. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2010;181:360-73 pubmed publisher..Serum amyloid A is a constituent and innate regulator of granulomatous inflammation in sarcoidosis through Toll-like receptor-2, providing a mechanism for chronic disease and new therapeutic targets. ..
- Seshadri S, Kamiya A, Yokota Y, Prikulis I, Kano S, Hayashi Takagi A, et al. Disrupted-in-Schizophrenia-1 expression is regulated by beta-site amyloid precursor protein cleaving enzyme-1-neuregulin cascade. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:5622-7 pubmed publisher..These findings may connect NRG1, ErbBs, Akt, and DISC1 in a common pathway, which may regulate neurodevelopment and contribute to susceptibility to schizophrenia. ..
- Okun E, Griffioen K, Son T, Lee J, Roberts N, Mughal M, et al. TLR2 activation inhibits embryonic neural progenitor cell proliferation. J Neurochem. 2010;114:462-74 pubmed publisher..TLR2-mediated inhibition of NPC proliferation may therefore be a mechanism by which infection, ischemia, and inflammation adversely affect brain development. ..
- Araki Y, Lin D, Huganir R. Plasma membrane insertion of the AMPA receptor GluA2 subunit is regulated by NSF binding and Q/R editing of the ion pore. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:11080-5 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that the plasma membrane delivery of GluA2 containing AMPA receptors is regulated by its unique structural elements. ..
- Melli G, Jack C, Lambrinos G, Ringkamp M, Hoke A. Erythropoietin protects sensory axons against paclitaxel-induced distal degeneration. Neurobiol Dis. 2006;24:525-30 pubmed..These findings suggest that recombinant human erythropoietin may be useful as a therapy to prevent paclitaxel-induced sensory polyneuropathy in patients undergoing chemotherapy. ..
- Jeon U, Han K, Park S, Lee S, Sheen M, Jung J, et al. Downregulation of renal TonEBP in hypokalemic rats. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2007;293:F408-15 pubmed..These data support the view that medullary tonicity regulates expression and nuclear distribution of TonEBP in the renal medulla in cell type-specific manners. ..
- Kabacoff C, Xiong Y, Musib R, Reichl E, Kim J, Iglesias P, et al. Dynacortin facilitates polarization of chemotaxing cells. BMC Biol. 2007;5:53 pubmed..Though not essential for directional sensing or motility, dynacortin is required to establish cell polarity, the third core feature of chemotaxis. ..
- Deppmann C, Mihalas S, Sharma N, Lonze B, Niebur E, Ginty D. A model for neuronal competition during development. Science. 2008;320:369-73 pubmed publisher..We suggest that three target-initiated events are essential for rapid and robust competition between neurons: sensitization, paracrine apoptotic signaling, and protection from such effects. ..
- Vinores S, Derevjanik N, Mahlow J, Hackett S, Haller J, DeJuan E, et al. Class III beta-tubulin in human retinal pigment epithelial cells in culture and in epiretinal membranes. Exp Eye Res. 1995;60:385-400 pubmed..These findings demonstrate that mature human RPE cells have the capacity to express a neuron-associated gene in response to conditions that promote dedifferentiation. ..
- Callahan K, Rowell J, Soloski M, Machamer C, Siliciano R. HIV-1 envelope protein is expressed on the surface of infected cells before its processing and presentation to class II-restricted T lymphocytes. J Immunol. 1993;151:2928-42 pubmed..These results provide the first direct evidence that endogenously synthesized membrane proteins enter the class II-restricted Ag-processing pathway after expression on the cell surface in an intact form. ..
- Ha H, Hester L, Snyder S. Poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase-1 dependence of stress-induced transcription factors and associated gene expression in glia. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:3270-5 pubmed..These findings indicate that PARP-1 plays a pivotal role in the initial inflammatory response by modulating transcription of inflammation-linked genes. ..
- Birukova A, Adyshev D, Gorshkov B, Birukov K, Verin A. ALK5 and Smad4 are involved in TGF-beta1-induced pulmonary endothelial permeability. FEBS Lett. 2005;579:4031-7 pubmed..Thus, our data demonstrate for the first time direct link between TGF-beta1-mediated activation of ALK5/Smad and EC barrier dysfunction. ..
- Zhang Q, Cao C, Mangano M, Zhang Z, Silldorff E, Lee Kwon W, et al. Descending vasa recta endothelium is an electrical syncytium. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2006;291:R1688-99 pubmed..We conclude that the DVR endothelium is an electrical syncytium and that gap junction coupling in DVR pericytes exists but is less pronounced. ..
- Tang S, Arumugam T, Cutler R, Jo D, Magnus T, Chan S, et al. Neuroprotective actions of a histidine analogue in models of ischemic stroke. J Neurochem. 2007;101:729-36 pubmed..These findings suggest a therapeutic potential for HNE-scavenging histidine analogues in the treatment of stroke and related neurodegenerative conditions. ..
- Samanna V, Ma T, Mak T, Rogers M, Chellaiah M. Actin polymerization modulates CD44 surface expression, MMP-9 activation, and osteoclast function. J Cell Physiol. 2007;213:710-20 pubmed..CD44/MMP-9 complex formation may signify a unique motility-enhancing signal in osteoclast function. ..
- Sekar R, Kizana E, Smith R, Barth A, Zhang Y, Marban E, et al. Lentiviral vector-mediated expression of GFP or Kir2.1 alters the electrophysiology of neonatal rat ventricular myocytes without inducing cytotoxicity. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2007;293:H2757-70 pubmed..In addition, LV-mediated overexpression of Kir2.1 opens up the prospect of studying the functional role of inward rectifier K(+) current in cardiac arrhythmias. ..
- Russell J, Blue M, Johnston M, Naidu S, Hossain M. Enhanced cell death in MeCP2 null cerebellar granule neurons exposed to excitotoxicity and hypoxia. Neuroscience. 2007;150:563-74 pubmed..Our findings suggest a novel, yet unknown, role for MeCP2 in central neurons in the control of neuronal response to cell death. ..
- Wright E, Page S, Barber S, Clements J. Prep1/Pbx2 complexes regulate CCL2 expression through the -2578 guanine polymorphism. Genes Immun. 2008;9:419-30 pubmed publisher..Therefore, promoters that harbor the -2578 G allele undergo a higher fold induction and by extension, individuals homozygous for -2578 G would be expected to exhibit hyper-responsive CCL2 phenotypes during periods of inflammation. ..
- Hayashi T, Thomas G, Huganir R. Dual palmitoylation of NR2 subunits regulates NMDA receptor trafficking. Neuron. 2009;64:213-26 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that regulated palmitoylation of NR2 subunits differentially modulates receptor trafficking and might be important for NMDA-receptor-dependent synaptic plasticity. ..
- Nalayanda D, Wang Q, Fulton W, Wang T, Abdullah F. Engineering an artificial alveolar-capillary membrane: a novel continuously perfused model within microchannels. J Pediatr Surg. 2010;45:45-51 pubmed publisher..Both devices possess the benefit of parallel testing...
- van den Bos C, Silverstetter S, Murphy M, Connolly T. p21(cip1) rescues human mesenchymal stem cells from apoptosis induced by low-density culture. Cell Tissue Res. 1998;293:463-70 pubmed..The loss of p21 in hypertrophic chondrocytes correlates with the onset of apoptosis during endochondrial ossification. We suggest that p21 and p27 play a central role in skeletal development. ..
- Calabresi P, Yun S, Allie R, Whartenby K. Chemokine receptor expression on MBP-reactive T cells: CXCR6 is a marker of IFNgamma-producing effector cells. J Neuroimmunol. 2002;127:96-105 pubmed..CXCR6 and CXCR3 are likely to be important in the migration of effector memory T cells in Th1-mediated inflammatory diseases such as multiple sclerosis (MS). ..
- Li W, West N, Colla E, Pletnikova O, Troncoso J, Marsh L, et al. Aggregation promoting C-terminal truncation of alpha-synuclein is a normal cellular process and is enhanced by the familial Parkinson's disease-linked mutations. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:2162-7 pubmed..Collectively, our results indicate that the biology behind the generation and accumulation of alpha-SynDeltaC is likely to have relevance for the initiation and the progression of alpha-Syn aggregation in vivo. ..
- Shimizu I, Iida T, Guan Y, Zhao C, Raja S, Jarvis M, et al. Enhanced thermal avoidance in mice lacking the ATP receptor P2X3. Pain. 2005;116:96-108 pubmed..Regardless, this study illustrates the utility of thermal preference assays as part of a comprehensive approach to the analysis of mouse thermosensation. ..
- Nagai N, Klimava A, Lee W, Izumi Nagai K, Handa J. CTGF is increased in basal deposits and regulates matrix production through the ERK (p42/p44mapk) MAPK and the p38 MAPK signaling pathways. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2009;50:1903-10 pubmed publisher..CTGF is increased in basal deposits and drusen of AMD specimens, and it induces matrix protein production in ARPE-19 cells through the ERK (p42/p44(mapk)) and p38(mapk) signaling pathways. ..
- Yadav A, Fitzgerald P, Sajadi M, Gilliam B, Lafferty M, Redfield R, et al. Increased expression of suppressor of cytokine signaling-1 (SOCS-1): A mechanism for dysregulated T helper-1 responses in HIV-1 disease. Virology. 2009;385:126-33 pubmed publisher..These results suggest a link between high levels of SOCS-1, defects in innate immunity and adaptive Th1 responses that may be reflected in the loss of Th1 immune competence observed with AIDS patients. ..
- Marasa B, Srikantan S, Masuda K, Abdelmohsen K, Kuwano Y, Yang X, et al. Increased MKK4 abundance with replicative senescence is linked to the joint reduction of multiple microRNAs. Sci Signal. 2009;2:ra69 pubmed publisher..Thus, multiple microRNAs acting on a single target, the MKK4 mRNA, collectively influence MKK4 abundance during replicative senescence. ..
- Shim S, Yuan J, Kim J, Zeng W, Huang G, Milshteyn A, et al. Peptidyl-prolyl isomerase FKBP52 controls chemotropic guidance of neuronal growth cones via regulation of TRPC1 channel opening. Neuron. 2009;64:471-83 pubmed publisher..Our study demonstrates a novel physiological function of proline isomerases in chemotropic nerve guidance through TRPC1 gating and may have significant implication in clinical applications of immunophilin-related therapeutic drugs. ..
- Bloch R, Sealock R, Pumplin D, Luther P, Froehner S. Association of acetylcholine receptors with peripheral membrane proteins: evidence from antibody-induced coaggregation. J Membr Biol. 1994;138:13-28 pubmed..We discuss the advantages of using isolated AChR-rich membrane fragments to study the association of AChR with peripheral membrane proteins. ..
- Yuan X, Tod M, Rubin L, Blaustein M. NO hyperpolarizes pulmonary artery smooth muscle cells and decreases the intracellular Ca2+ concentration by activating voltage-gated K+ channels. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:10489-94 pubmed..The resulting membrane hyperpolarization, which lowers [Ca2+]i, is apparently one of the mechanisms by which NO induces pulmonary vasodilation. ..
- Montgomery R, Geraghty M, Bull E, Gelb B, Johnson M, McIntosh I, et al. Multiple molecular mechanisms underlying subdiagnostic variants of Marfan syndrome. Am J Hum Genet. 1998;63:1703-11 pubmed..These data have immediate relevance for the diagnostic and prognostic counseling of patients and their family members. ..
- Ongele E, Ashraf M, Nesbitt R, Humphrey P, Lee C. Effects of selenium deficiency in the development of trypanosomes and humoral immune responses in mice infected with Trypanosoma musculi. Parasitol Res. 2002;88:540-5 pubmed..However, these responses were significantly less depressed in selenium-deficient mice. ..
- Wachira S, Hughes Darden C, Taylor C, Ochillo R, Robinson T. Evidence for the interaction of protein kinase C and melanocortin 3-receptor signaling pathways. Neuropeptides. 2003;37:201-10 pubmed..However, the levels of classical PKC isozymes, PKC-alpha, PKC-gamma, and PKC-beta were unchanged. These studies therefore indicate a role for PKC isozymes in gamma-2-MSH/MC3-R receptor signaling and in neuronal cell differentiation. ..
- Wang J, Slunt H, Gonzales V, Fromholt D, Coonfield M, Copeland N, et al. Copper-binding-site-null SOD1 causes ALS in transgenic mice: aggregates of non-native SOD1 delineate a common feature. Hum Mol Genet. 2003;12:2753-64 pubmed..Thus, modifications to the protein, such as FALS mutations, fragmentation and possibly covalent modification, may simply act to augment a natural, but potentially toxic, propensity to aggregate. ..
- Zhang L, Charron M, Wright W, Chatterjee B, Song C, Roy A, et al. Nuclear factor-kappaB activates transcription of the androgen receptor gene in Sertoli cells isolated from testes of adult rats. Endocrinology. 2004;145:781-9 pubmed..Taken together, our data show that NF-kappaB is an activator of AR gene transcription in Sertoli cells and may be an important determinant of androgen activity during spermatogenesis. ..
- Hu R, Mukhina G, Piantadosi S, Barber J, Jones R, Brodsky R. PIG-A mutations in normal hematopoiesis. Blood. 2005;105:3848-54 pubmed..Our data confirm the finding that PIG-A mutations are relatively common in normal hematopoiesis; however, the finding suggests that these mutations occur in differentiated progenitors rather than HSCs. ..
- Luo K, Xiao Z, Ehrlich E, Yu Y, Liu B, Zheng S, et al. Primate lentiviral virion infectivity factors are substrate receptors that assemble with cullin 5-E3 ligase through a HCCH motif to suppress APOBEC3G. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:11444-9 pubmed..Motifs in Vif that are absent from cellular proteins could also be targets for the development of innovative therapeutics...
- Bagal A, Kao J, Tang C, Thompson S. Long-term potentiation of exogenous glutamate responses at single dendritic spines. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:14434-9 pubmed
- Shimoda L, Fallon M, Pisarcik S, Wang J, Semenza G. HIF-1 regulates hypoxic induction of NHE1 expression and alkalinization of intracellular pH in pulmonary arterial myocytes. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2006;291:L941-9 pubmed
- Pirone D, Liu W, Ruiz S, Gao L, Raghavan S, Lemmon C, et al. An inhibitory role for FAK in regulating proliferation: a link between limited adhesion and RhoA-ROCK signaling. J Cell Biol. 2006;174:277-88 pubmed..These findings demonstrate the ability of FAK to suppress and promote growth, and underscore the importance of multiple mechanisms, even from one molecule, to control cell proliferation. ..
- Turner D, Martin P, Rao J, Greenspon J, Zou T, Bass B, et al. Substance P regulates migration in rat intestinal epithelial cells. Ann Surg. 2007;245:408-14 pubmed..These results indicate that SP stimulates intestinal epithelial migration and increases in calcium concentration. These data support a beneficial role for SP in the maintenance of intestinal mucosal homeostasis. ..
- Kwong K, Carr M, Gibbard A, Savage T, Singh K, Jing J, et al. Voltage-gated sodium channels in nociceptive versus non-nociceptive nodose vagal sensory neurons innervating guinea pig lungs. J Physiol. 2008;586:1321-36 pubmed publisher..8 and Na(V)1.9 were present in nearly all neurons. We conclude that contrary to findings in the somatosensory neurons, TTX-R VGSCs are not preferentially expressed in the nociceptive C-fibre population innervating the lungs. ..
- Huang G, Huso D, Bouyain S, Tu J, McCorkell K, May M, et al. NFAT binding and regulation of T cell activation by the cytoplasmic scaffolding Homer proteins. Science. 2008;319:476-81 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate a further means by which costimulatory signals are regulated to control self-reactivity. ..
- Macglashan D, Ishmael S, MacDonald S, Langdon J, Arm J, Sloane D. Induced loss of Syk in human basophils by non-IgE-dependent stimuli. J Immunol. 2008;180:4208-17 pubmed..These studies demonstrate that it is possible to induce the loss of Syk expression in human basophils by a non-IgE-dependent mechanism and even by a mechanism that does directly involve Syk in the reaction complex. ..
- Wickramasinghe S, Alvania R, Ramanan N, Wood J, Mandai K, Ginty D. Serum response factor mediates NGF-dependent target innervation by embryonic DRG sensory neurons. Neuron. 2008;58:532-45 pubmed publisher..These findings show that SRF is a major effector of both MEK/ERK and MAL signaling by NGF and that SRF is a key mediator of NGF-dependent target innervation by embryonic sensory neurons. ..
- Cunningham R, Biswas R, Brazie M, Steplock D, Shenolikar S, Weinman E. Signaling pathways utilized by PTH and dopamine to inhibit phosphate transport in mouse renal proximal tubule cells. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2009;296:F355-61 pubmed publisher..Our results also suggest that activation of MAPK is not critically involved in PTH- or dopamine-mediated inhibition of phosphate transport in mouse renal proximal tubule cells in culture. ..
- Qu T, Walston J, Yang H, Fedarko N, Xue Q, Beamer B, et al. Upregulated ex vivo expression of stress-responsive inflammatory pathway genes by LPS-challenged CD14(+) monocytes in frail older adults. Mech Ageing Dev. 2009;130:161-6 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest upregulated expression of specific stress-responsive genes in monocyte-mediated inflammatory pathway in the syndrome of frailty with potential mechanistic and interventional implications. ..
- Hou Y, Aboukhatwa M, Lei D, Manaye K, Khan I, Luo Y. Anti-depressant natural flavonols modulate BDNF and beta amyloid in neurons and hippocampus of double TgAD mice. Neuropharmacology. 2010;58:911-20 pubmed publisher..The present results suggest that stimulating BDNF and reducing Abeta toxicity by natural flavonols provide a therapeutic implication for treatment of AD. ..
- Mali P, Ye Z, Chou B, Yen J, Cheng L. An improved method for generating and identifying human induced pluripotent stem cells. Methods Mol Biol. 2010;636:191-205 pubmed publisher..Finally, we elaborate a robust technique for monitoring and identification of potential iPS cells through live staining of reprogrammed cells. We also outline steps for characterization of the resulting iPS cell lines...
- Gupta R, Kelly K, Helke K, Queen S, Karper J, Dorsey J, et al. HIV and SIV induce alterations in CNS CaMKII expression and activation: a potential mechanism for cognitive impairment. Am J Pathol. 2010;176:2776-84 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that alterations in CaMKII may compromise synaptic function in the early phases of chronic neurodegenerative processes induced by HIV. ..
- Tsai M, Chang Y, Schwarcz R, Brookes N. Characterization of L-alpha-aminoadipic acid transport in cultured rat astrocytes. Brain Res. 1996;741:166-73 pubmed..7 +/- 0.4 nmol.min-1.mg-1 protein did not differ from the values for Na(+)-independent glutamate uptake, indicating that L-alpha AA and glutamate are equally good substrates for system x-c...
- St Croix B, Rago C, Velculescu V, Traverso G, Romans K, Montgomery E, et al. Genes expressed in human tumor endothelium. Science. 2000;289:1197-202 pubmed..These studies demonstrate that tumor and normal endothelium are distinct at the molecular level, a finding that may have significant implications for the development of anti-angiogenic therapies. ..
- Lancaster E, Oh E, Weinreich D. Vagotomy decreases excitability in primary vagal afferent somata. J Neurophysiol. 2001;85:247-53 pubmed..These data indicate that, in contrast to many primary sensory neurons that are thought to become hyperexcitable following section of their axons, NGNs undergo a marked decrease in electrical excitability following vagotomy. ..
- Redmond L, Kashani A, Ghosh A. Calcium regulation of dendritic growth via CaM kinase IV and CREB-mediated transcription. Neuron. 2002;34:999-1010 pubmed..These experiments indicate that calcium-induced dendritic growth is regulated by activation of a transcriptional program that involves CaM kinase IV and CREB-mediated signaling to the nucleus. ..
- Overholser E, Coleman G, Bennett J, Casaday R, Zink M, Barber S, et al. Expression of simian immunodeficiency virus (SIV) nef in astrocytes during acute and terminal infection and requirement of nef for optimal replication of neurovirulent SIV in vitro. J Virol. 2003;77:6855-66 pubmed
- Miyamoto Y, Maitra A, Ghosh B, Zechner U, Argani P, Iacobuzio Donahue C, et al. Notch mediates TGF alpha-induced changes in epithelial differentiation during pancreatic tumorigenesis. Cancer Cell. 2003;3:565-76 pubmed..These findings suggest that Notch mediates the tumor-initiating effects of TG alpha by expanding a population of undifferentiated precursor cells. ..
- Chandrasekaran K, Mehrabian Z, Spinnewyn B, Chinopoulos C, Drieu K, Fiskum G. Neuroprotective effects of bilobalide, a component of Ginkgo biloba extract (EGb 761) in global brain ischemia and in excitotoxicity-induced neuronal death. Pharmacopsychiatry. 2003;36 Suppl 1:S89-94 pubmed
- Nan A, Croft S, Yardley V, Ghandehari H. Targetable water-soluble polymer-drug conjugates for the treatment of visceral leishmaniasis. J Control Release. 2004;94:115-27 pubmed..0001) than nontargeted conjugate (47% inhibition). HPMA copolymers containing ManN in the side chains can potentially reduce the toxicity and increase efficacy of anti-leishmanial drugs for the treatment of VL. ..
- Simpson P, Wang E, Moon C, Matarazzo V, Cohen D, Liebl D, et al. Neurotrophin-3 signaling maintains maturational homeostasis between neuronal populations in the olfactory epithelium. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2003;24:858-74 pubmed..These effects of NT-3 serve to maintain homeostasis between neuronal populations within the olfactory epithelium. ..
- Bhatia R, Matsushita K, Yamakuchi M, Morrell C, Cao W, Lowenstein C. Ceramide triggers Weibel-Palade body exocytosis. Circ Res. 2004;95:319-24 pubmed..These data suggest a novel mechanism by which ceramide induces vascular inflammation and thrombosis...
- Keswani S, Buldanlioglu U, Fischer A, Reed N, Polley M, Liang H, et al. A novel endogenous erythropoietin mediated pathway prevents axonal degeneration. Ann Neurol. 2004;56:815-26 pubmed..Our in vivo and in vitro data suggest that EPO prevents axonal degeneration and therefore may be therapeutically useful in a wide variety of human neurological diseases characterized by axonopathy. ..
- Hara M, Agrawal N, Kim S, Cascio M, Fujimuro M, Ozeki Y, et al. S-nitrosylated GAPDH initiates apoptotic cell death by nuclear translocation following Siah1 binding. Nat Cell Biol. 2005;7:665-74 pubmed..The NO-S-nitrosylation-GAPDH-Siah1 cascade may represent an important molecular mechanism of cytotoxicity. ..
- McIntosh K, Zvonic S, Garrett S, Mitchell J, Floyd Z, Hammill L, et al. The immunogenicity of human adipose-derived cells: temporal changes in vitro. Stem Cells. 2006;24:1246-53 pubmed..Indeed, late passage ASCs actually suppressed the MLR response. Although these results support the feasibility of allogeneic human ASC transplantation, confirmatory in vivo animal studies will be required. ..
- Dolan B, Gibbs K, Ostrand Rosenberg S. Tumor-specific CD4+ T cells are activated by "cross-dressed" dendritic cells presenting peptide-MHC class II complexes acquired from cell-based cancer vaccines. J Immunol. 2006;176:1447-55 pubmed..These data further the concept that transfer of cellular material to DCs is important in Ag presentation, and they have direct implications for the design of cancer vaccines. ..
- Wang J, Zhuang H, DORE S. Heme oxygenase 2 is neuroprotective against intracerebral hemorrhage. Neurobiol Dis. 2006;22:473-6 pubmed
- Zhang J, Berra Romani R, Sinnegger Brauns M, Striessnig J, Blaustein M, Matteson D. Role of Cav1.2 L-type Ca2+ channels in vascular tone: effects of nifedipine and Mg2+. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2007;292:H415-25 pubmed..The results indicate that Mg(2+) relaxes MT by inhibiting Ca(2+) influx through LVGCs. These data provide new information about the central role of Ca(v)1.2 LVGCs in generating and maintaining MT in mouse mesenteric small arteries. ..
- LeBlanc J, Uddowla S, Abraham B, Clatterbuck S, Beemon K. Tap and Dbp5, but not Gag, are involved in DR-mediated nuclear export of unspliced Rous sarcoma virus RNA. Virology. 2007;363:376-86 pubmed..Taken together, these results further implicate the DR in nuclear RNA export through interactions with Tap and Dbp5...
- Poitras M, Koh D, Yu S, Andrabi S, Mandir A, Poirier G, et al. Spatial and functional relationship between poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase-1 and poly(ADP-ribose) glycohydrolase in the brain. Neuroscience. 2007;148:198-211 pubmed..This translocation is PARP-1 dependent, further demonstrating a functional interaction of PARP-1 and PARG in the brain. ..
- Foster D, Rucker J, Marban E. Is Kir6.1 a subunit of mitoK(ATP)?. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;366:649-56 pubmed..1D-, 2D-, and native gel analyses were consistent with these assignments. The data suggest it is premature to assign Kir6.1 a role in mitoK(ATP) on the basis of immunoreactivity alone. ..
- Shin Y, Nishi Y, Engler C, Kang J, Hashmi S, Jun A, et al. The effect of phacoemulsification energy on the redox state of cultured human corneal endothelial cells. Arch Ophthalmol. 2009;127:435-41 pubmed publisher..Redox fluorometry in combination with human corneal endothelial cell morphometric measurements has potential to serve as an indicator of human corneal endothelial cell injury resulting secondary to ultrasound phacoemulsification. ..
- Degano A, Pasterkamp R, Ronnett G. MeCP2 deficiency disrupts axonal guidance, fasciculation, and targeting by altering Semaphorin 3F function. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2009;42:243-54 pubmed publisher..These findings have broad implications for the role of MECP2 in neurodevelopment and RTT, given the critical role of the semaphorins in the formation of neural circuits. ..
- Ellison D, Munden A, Levchenko A. Computational model and microfluidic platform for the investigation of paracrine and autocrine signaling in mouse embryonic stem cells. Mol Biosyst. 2009;5:1004-12 pubmed publisher..We suggest that the described computational/experimental platform can be used to identify and study specific factors and pathways involved in a wide variety of paracrine signaling systems. ..
- Vidal Cardenas S, Greider C. Comparing effects of mTR and mTERT deletion on gene expression and DNA damage response: a critical examination of telomere length maintenance-independent roles of telomerase. Nucleic Acids Res. 2010;38:60-71 pubmed publisher..We conclude that, under physiologic conditions, neither mTR nor mTERT acts as a transcription factor or plays a role in the DNA damage response. ..
- Hemann M, Greider C. G-strand overhangs on telomeres in telomerase-deficient mouse cells. Nucleic Acids Res. 1999;27:3964-9 pubmed..Quantitation of overhang signal intensity showed no significant reduction in telomerase-deficient cells relative to wild-type. These results support a telomerase-independent mechanism for generating G-strand overhangs. ..
- Allen E, Luzina I, Huang S. IL-10 kinetics in thyroiditis-prone BB/Wor rats. Autoimmunity. 2000;32:229-40 pubmed
- Buttitta L, Tanaka T, Chen A, Ko M, Fan C. Microarray analysis of somitogenesis reveals novel targets of different WNT signaling pathways in the somitic mesoderm. Dev Biol. 2003;258:91-104 pubmed
- Yu S, Andrabi S, Wang H, Kim N, Poirier G, Dawson T, et al. Apoptosis-inducing factor mediates poly(ADP-ribose) (PAR) polymer-induced cell death. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:18314-9 pubmed..Cells with reduced levels of AIF are resistant to PARP-1-dependent cell death and PAR polymer cytotoxicity. These results reveal PAR polymer as an AIF-releasing factor that plays important roles in PARP-1-dependent cell death. ..
- Egorin M, Rosen D, Wolff J, Callery P, Musser S, Eiseman J. Metabolism of 17-(allylamino)-17-demethoxygeldanamycin (NSC 330507) by murine and human hepatic preparations. Cancer Res. 1998;58:2385-96 pubmed
- Yang D, Pan Z, Takeshima H, Wu C, Nagaraj R, Ma J, et al. RyR3 amplifies RyR1-mediated Ca(2+)-induced Ca(2+) release in neonatal mammalian skeletal muscle. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:40210-4 pubmed..Such functional interplay between RyR1 and RyR3 can serve important roles in Ca(2+) signaling of cell differentiation and muscle contraction. ..
- Sanchez J, Crooks D, Lee C, Schoen C, Amable R, Zeng X, et al. GABAergic lineage differentiation of AF5 neural progenitor cells in vitro. Cell Tissue Res. 2006;324:1-8 pubmed..Therefore, AF5 cells can be induced to differentiate to a neuronal phenotype with a GABAergic lineage. ..