Experts and Doctors on continental population groups in Rockville, Maryland, United States
Locale: Rockville, Maryland, United States
Topic: continental population groups
- Andaya A, Enewold L, Zahm S, Shriver C, Stojadinovic A, McGlynn K, et al. Race and colon cancer survival in an equal-access health care system. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2013;22:1030-6 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that factors other than access to care may be related to racial disparities in colon cancer survival among younger, but not older, patients. ..
- Moy E, Freeman W. Federal investments to eliminate racial/ethnic health-care disparities. Public Health Rep. 2014;129 Suppl 2:62-70 pubmed..Federal policy makers should continue interest in workforce diversity to optimize the health of all Americans. ..
- Kim U, Jorgenson E, Coon H, Leppert M, Risch N, Drayna D. Positional cloning of the human quantitative trait locus underlying taste sensitivity to phenylthiocarbamide. Science. 2003;299:1221-5 pubmed
- Lavedan C, Volpi S, Polymeropoulos M, Wolfgang C. Effect of a ciliary neurotrophic factor polymorphism on schizophrenia symptom improvement in an iloperidone clinical trial. Pharmacogenomics. 2008;9:289-301 pubmed publisher..The relative treatment benefit of iloperidone compared with placebo in patients with schizophrenia is enhanced in patients homozygous G/G for the rs1800169 polymorphism. ..
- Koutros S, Beane Freeman L, Lubin J, Heltshe S, Andreotti G, Barry K, et al. Risk of total and aggressive prostate cancer and pesticide use in the Agricultural Health Study. Am J Epidemiol. 2013;177:59-74 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, this is the first time specific pesticides are implicated as risk factors for aggressive prostate cancer. ..
- Castro F, Koshiol J, Hsing A, Devesa S. Biliary tract cancer incidence in the United States-Demographic and temporal variations by anatomic site. Int J Cancer. 2013;133:1664-71 pubmed publisher..These observations may help guide future etiologic studies. ..
- Goodman M, Saraiya M, Thompson T, Steinau M, Hernandez B, Lynch C, et al. Human papillomavirus genotype and oropharynx cancer survival in the United States of America. Eur J Cancer. 2015;51:2759-67 pubmed publisher..Optimal treatment regimens for OPSCC could be tailored to each patient's HPV status and prognostic profile. ..