Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cell differentiation in Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Locale: Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Topic: cell differentiation
Publications264 found, 100 shown here
- Mello Coelho V, Bunbury A, Rangel L, Giri B, Weeraratna A, Morin P, et al. Fat-storing multilocular cells expressing CCR5 increase in the thymus with advancing age: potential role for CCR5 ligands on the differentiation and migration of preadipocytes. Int J Med Sci. 2009;7:1-14 pubmed..Moreover, we found that adipocyte differentiation appear to be influenced by the proinflammatory chemokines, CCL3, CCL4 and CCL5. ..
- Zhao L, Weir M, Xu H. Human umbilical cord stem cell encapsulation in calcium phosphate scaffolds for bone engineering. Biomaterials. 2010;31:3848-57 pubmed publisher..The self-setting CPC-chitosan-fiber scaffold supported the viability and osteogenic differentiation of the encapsulated hUCMSCs, and had mechanical strength matching that of cancellous bone. ..
- Lal G, Kulkarni N, Nakayama Y, Singh A, Sethi A, Burrell B, et al. IL-10 from marginal zone precursor B cells controls the differentiation of Th17, Tfh and Tfr cells in transplantation tolerance. Immunol Lett. 2016;170:52-63 pubmed publisher..This has implications for understanding tolerance induction and how B cell depletion may prevent tolerance. ..
- Eun S, Feng L, Cedeno Rosario L, Gan Q, Wei G, Cui K, et al. Polycomb Group Gene E(z) Is Required for Spermatogonial Dedifferentiation in Drosophila Adult Testis. J Mol Biol. 2017;429:2030-2041 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data suggest that E(z) acts intrinsically in germ cells to activate dedifferentiation and thus replenish lost GSCs during both aging and tissue regeneration. ..
- Young C, Eckert R, Adhikary G, Crumrine D, Elias P, Blumenberg M, et al. Embryonic AP1 Transcription Factor Deficiency Causes a Collodion Baby-Like Phenotype. J Invest Dermatol. 2017;137:1868-1877 pubmed publisher..This mixed phenotype suggests the need for a better understanding of the possible role of filaggrin loss and AP1 transcription factor deficiency in ichthyoses and collodion membrane formation. ..
- Falahee P, Anderson L, Reynolds M, Pirir M, McLaughlin B, Dillen C, et al. ?-Toxin Regulates Local Granulocyte Expansion from Hematopoietic Stem and Progenitor Cells in Staphylococcus aureus-Infected Wounds. J Immunol. 2017;199:1772-1782 pubmed publisher..aureus-infected wounds, revealing a potential antibiotic-free strategy for tuning the innate immune response to treat methicillin-resistant S. aureus infection in immunodeficient patients. ..
- Oliva M, Cortese J, Yang V. Promoter regulation of a differentially expressed gene in the human colonic epithelial cell lines HT29-18 and HT29-18-C1. Gene. 1995;159:151-7 pubmed..We conclude that this protein may be involved in the differential regulation of A4 in these intestinal cell lines. ..
- Xie T, Spradling A. A niche maintaining germ line stem cells in the Drosophila ovary. Science. 2000;290:328-30 pubmed..Our studies implicate one of the somatic cell types, the cap cells, as a key niche component. ..
- Holmes K, Hales R, Chu S, Maxwell M, Mogayzel P, Zeitlin P. Modulation of Sp1 and Sp3 in lung epithelial cells regulates ClC-2 chloride channel expression. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2003;29:499-505 pubmed..These experiments suggest that the mechanism for postnatal reduction of ClC-2 expression in lung epithelia is based on decreased interaction of Sp1 and Sp3 with the ClC-2 promoter. ..
- Tang Q, Zhang J, Daniel Lane M. Sequential gene promoter interactions of C/EBPbeta, C/EBPalpha, and PPARgamma during adipogenesis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;319:235-9 pubmed..g., 422/aP2) in the terminally differentiated state. Together these findings provide compelling evidence that C/EBPbeta, C/EBPalpha, and PPARgamma participate in a cascade during adipogenesis. ..
- Huang C, Workman C, Flies D, Pan X, Marson A, Zhou G, et al. Role of LAG-3 in regulatory T cells. Immunity. 2004;21:503-13 pubmed..We propose that LAG-3 marks regulatory T cell populations and contributes to their suppressor activity. ..
- Rao M, Sockanathan S. Transmembrane protein GDE2 induces motor neuron differentiation in vivo. Science. 2005;309:2212-5 pubmed..A single amino acid mutation in the extracellular catalytic domain abolishes protein function. This reveals a critical role for glycerophosphodiester metabolism in motor neuron differentiation. ..
- Wang D, D Costa J, Civin C, Friedman A. C/EBPalpha directs monocytic commitment of primary myeloid progenitors. Blood. 2006;108:1223-9 pubmed..A C/EBPalpha variant incapable of zippering with c-Jun did not induce monopoiesis, and a variant unable to bind NF-kappaB p50 stimulated granulopoiesis, suggesting their cooperation with C/EBPalpha during monocytic commitment...
- Balasubramanian S, Eckert R. Keratinocyte proliferation, differentiation, and apoptosis--differential mechanisms of regulation by curcumin, EGCG and apigenin. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2007;224:214-9 pubmed..However, all are expected to act as chemopreventive agents. ..
- Vazin T, Chen J, Spivak C, Amable R, Gabitzsch E, Lee C, et al. Dopaminergic neurons derived from BG01V2, a variant of human embryonic stem cell line BG01. Restor Neurol Neurosci. 2008;26:447-58 pubmed..TH+ cells derived from the BG01V2 hESC line using SDIA are postmitotic and have functional characteristics of normal dopaminergic neurons. ..
- Shirey K, Pletneva L, Puche A, Keegan A, Prince G, Blanco J, et al. Control of RSV-induced lung injury by alternatively activated macrophages is IL-4R alpha-, TLR4-, and IFN-beta-dependent. Mucosal Immunol. 2010;3:291-300 pubmed publisher..RSV-infected cotton rats treated with a cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitor increased expression of lung AA-M phi. These data suggest new treatment strategies for RSV that promote AA-M phi differentiation. ..
- Tang M, Weir M, Xu H. Mannitol-containing macroporous calcium phosphate cement encapsulating human umbilical cord stem cells. J Tissue Eng Regen Med. 2012;6:214-24 pubmed publisher..The self-setting and strong hUCMSC-encapsulating CPC scaffold is promising for bone tissue engineering in a wide range of orthopaedic and craniofacial applications...
- Papadeas S, Kraig S, O Banion C, Lepore A, Maragakis N. Astrocytes carrying the superoxide dismutase 1 (SOD1G93A) mutation induce wild-type motor neuron degeneration in vivo. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:17803-8 pubmed publisher..The SOD1(G93A) astrocyte-induced MN death seemed in part mediated by host microglial activation. These findings show that mSOD1 astrocytes alone can induce WT MN death and associated pathological changes in vivo. ..
- Correa Cerro L, Piao Y, Sharov A, Nishiyama A, Cadet J, Yu H, et al. Generation of mouse ES cell lines engineered for the forced induction of transcription factors. Sci Rep. 2011;1:167 pubmed publisher..These cell lines and microarray data provide building blocks for a variety of future biomedical research applications as a community resource. ..
- Wanjare M, Kuo F, Gerecht S. Derivation and maturation of synthetic and contractile vascular smooth muscle cells from human pluripotent stem cells. Cardiovasc Res. 2013;97:321-30 pubmed publisher..Deriving Con-vSMCs from an integration-free hiPSC line may prove useful for regenerative therapy involving blood vessel differentiation and stabilization. ..
- Eun S, Stoiber P, Wright H, McMurdie K, Choi C, Gan Q, et al. MicroRNAs downregulate Bag of marbles to ensure proper terminal differentiation in the Drosophila male germline. Development. 2013;140:23-30 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that microRNAs control the stem cell differentiation pathway through regulating Bam, the downregulation of which is crucial for proper spermatid terminal differentiation. ..
- Jiao Y, Yonescu R, Offerhaus G, Klimstra D, Maitra A, Eshleman J, et al. Whole-exome sequencing of pancreatic neoplasms with acinar differentiation. J Pathol. 2014;232:428-35 pubmed publisher..Perhaps most importantly, we found that more than one-third of these carcinomas have potentially targetable genetic alterations, including mutations in BRCA2, PALB2, ATM, BAP1, BRAF and JAK1...
- Semenza G. Dynamic regulation of stem cell specification and maintenance by hypoxia-inducible factors. Mol Aspects Med. 2016;47-48:15-23 pubmed publisher..HIF inhibitors target cancer stem cells and improve the responses to angiogenesis inhibitors and cytotoxic chemotherapy in mouse models of breast cancer. ..
- Cook J, Lucas J, Sibley E, Bolanowski M, Christy R, Kelly T, et al. Expression of the differentiation-induced gene for fatty acid-binding protein is activated by glucocorticoid and cAMP. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1988;85:2949-53 pubmed..We conclude that the first 858 base pairs of 5'-flanking sequence of the 422 gene contains elements that mediate activation by dexamethasone and cAMP. ..
- Barry F, Boynton R, Liu B, Murphy J. Chondrogenic differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells from bone marrow: differentiation-dependent gene expression of matrix components. Exp Cell Res. 2001;268:189-200 pubmed..These data allow us to define the phenotype of the differentiated cell and to understand in greater detail the sequential process of matrix assembly. ..
- Tang Q, Otto T, Lane M. Mitotic clonal expansion: a synchronous process required for adipogenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:44-9 pubmed..These results show that MCE is a prerequisite for differentiation of 3T3-L1 preadipocytes into adipocytes. ..
- Saatian B, Yu X, Yu X, Lane A, Doyle T, Casolaro V, et al. Expression of genes for B7-H3 and other T cell ligands by nasal epithelial cells during differentiation and activation. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2004;287:L217-25 pubmed..In addition, the results suggest that the extent of mucociliary differentiation of cultured cells may influence this capability. ..
- Chen J, Tu Y, Moon C, Matarazzo V, Palmer A, Ronnett G. The localization of neuronal nitric oxide synthase may influence its role in neuronal precursor proliferation and synaptic maintenance. Dev Biol. 2004;269:165-82 pubmed..Thus, the location of nNOS, either within cell bodies or perisynaptically, may influence its developmental role. ..
- Jang Y, Collector M, Baylin S, Diehl A, Sharkis S. Hematopoietic stem cells convert into liver cells within days without fusion. Nat Cell Biol. 2004;6:532-9 pubmed..Notably, liver function was restored 2-7 d after transplantation. We conclude that HSCs contribute to the regeneration of injured liver by converting into functional hepatocytes without fusion. ..
- Esni F, Ghosh B, Biankin A, Lin J, Albert M, Yu X, et al. Notch inhibits Ptf1 function and acinar cell differentiation in developing mouse and zebrafish pancreas. Development. 2004;131:4213-24 pubmed..These results define a normal inhibitory role for Notch in the regulation of exocrine pancreatic differentiation. ..
- Yang R, Murillo F, Cui H, Blosser R, Uematsu S, Takeda K, et al. Papillomavirus-like particles stimulate murine bone marrow-derived dendritic cells to produce alpha interferon and Th1 immune responses via MyD88. J Virol. 2004;78:11152-60 pubmed..Finally, Th1-biased immune responses to HPV16 VLPs are dramatically impaired in MyD88 and IFN-alpha/beta receptor-deficient mice. This implicates TLR recognition as central to immune recognition of HPV16 L1 VLPs. ..
- Yanowitz J, Fire A. Cyclin D involvement demarcates a late transition in C. elegans embryogenesis. Dev Biol. 2005;279:244-51 pubmed..The results suggest that certain mesodermal lineages may be uniquely affected by changes in cyd-1 activity. ..
- Cai J, Chen J, Liu Y, Miura T, Luo Y, Loring J, et al. Assessing self-renewal and differentiation in human embryonic stem cell lines. Stem Cells. 2006;24:516-30 pubmed..We show that qPCR, with as few as 12 selected genes, can reliably distinguish differentiated cells from undifferentiated hESC populations. ..
- Tang L, Franca Koh J, Xiong Y, Chen M, Long Y, Bickford R, et al. tsunami, the Dictyostelium homolog of the Fused kinase, is required for polarization and chemotaxis. Genes Dev. 2008;22:2278-90 pubmed publisher..Thus, localization of kinase activity to microtubules is critical for TsuA function. We propose that functions in association with the microtubule network may underlie the divergent roles of Fused kinase proteins in different organisms. ..
- Schaeffer E, Marchionni L, Huang Z, Simons B, Blackman A, Yu W, et al. Androgen-induced programs for prostate epithelial growth and invasion arise in embryogenesis and are reactivated in cancer. Oncogene. 2008;27:7180-91 pubmed publisher..These results credential early prostate development as a reliable and valid model system for the investigation of genes and pathways that drive prostate cancer. ..
- Merchant A, Joseph G, Wang Q, Brennan S, Matsui W. Gli1 regulates the proliferation and differentiation of HSCs and myeloid progenitors. Blood. 2010;115:2391-6 pubmed publisher..Moreover, they suggest that Gli1 and Smoothened may not be functionally redundant, and direct GLI1 inhibitors may be needed to effectively block HH/GLI1 activity in human disease. ..
- Kaimori A, Potter J, Choti M, Ding Z, Mezey E, Koteish A. Histone deacetylase inhibition suppresses the transforming growth factor beta1-induced epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition in hepatocytes. Hepatology. 2010;52:1033-45 pubmed publisher..Histone deacetylase inhibition abrogates TGFbeta1-induced EMT in hepatocytes and reverses EMT-induced fibrosis by epigenetic modulation of type I collagen. ..
- Savitt J, Singh D, Zhang C, Chen L, Folmer J, Shokat K, et al. The in vivo response of stem and other undifferentiated spermatogonia to the reversible inhibition of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor signaling in the adult. Stem Cells. 2012;30:732-40 pubmed publisher..Additionally, these results demonstrate different sensitivities among subpopulation of these stem cells to inhibition of GDNF signaling. ..
- Wang Q, Friedman A. CCAAT/enhancer-binding proteins are required for granulopoiesis independent of their induction of the granulocyte colony-stimulating factor receptor. Blood. 2002;99:2776-85 pubmed..One requisite activity may be activation of the C/EBPepsilon gene by C/EBPalpha, as either C/EBPalpha-ER or C/EBPbeta-ER rapidly elevated C/EBPepsilon RNA in 32D cl3 cells in the presence of cycloheximide but not actinomycin D. ..
- Han S, Hathcock K, Zheng B, Kepler T, Hodes R, Kelsoe G. Cellular interaction in germinal centers. Roles of CD40 ligand and B7-2 in established germinal centers. J Immunol. 1995;155:556-67 pubmed..Once B cells have entered the differentiation pathway to Ab production, neither CD40L nor B7-2 is necessary for their continued differentiation and persistence. ..
- Schlissel M, Morrow T. Ig heavy chain protein controls B cell development by regulating germ-line transcription and retargeting V(D)J recombination. J Immunol. 1994;153:1645-57 pubmed..We propose that membrane-associated mu protein regulates B cell development by signaling a change in the pattern of unrearranged Ig gene transcriptional activity, thereby retargeting the V(D)J recombinase. ..
- Liu Y, Montell D. Jing: a downstream target of slbo required for developmental control of border cell migration. Development. 2001;128:321-30 pubmed..We propose that the need to coordinate cell differentiation with nutritional status may be the link between mammalian adipocytes and Drosophila border cells that led to the conservation of C/EBP and AEBP2. ..
- Rosty C, Ueki T, Argani P, Jansen M, Yeo C, Cameron J, et al. Overexpression of S100A4 in pancreatic ductal adenocarcinomas is associated with poor differentiation and DNA hypomethylation. Am J Pathol. 2002;160:45-50 pubmed..Because most pancreatic carcinomas express S100A4, it may be a useful target for early detection strategies. ..
- Matsui W, Gladstone D, Vala M, Barber J, Brodsky R, Smith B, et al. The role of growth factors in the activity of pharmacological differentiation agents. Cell Growth Differ. 2002;13:275-83 pubmed..These data suggest that many pharmacological differentiating agents require both cell cycle arrest and lineage-specific growth factors for full activity and may explain why these agents have demonstrated only limited clinical efficacy. ..
- Bai J, Montell D. Eyes absent, a key repressor of polar cell fate during Drosophila oogenesis. Development. 2002;129:5377-88 pubmed..Finally, we show that ectopic Hedgehog signaling, which is known to cause ectopic polar cell formation, does so by repressing eya expression in epithelial follicle cells. ..
- Wilhelm J, Hilton M, Amos Q, Henzel W. Cup is an eIF4E binding protein required for both the translational repression of oskar and the recruitment of Barentsz. J Cell Biol. 2003;163:1197-204 pubmed..Thus, Cup is a translational repressor of oskar that is required to assemble the oskar mRNA localization machinery. We propose that Cup coordinates localization with translation. ..
- Sussan T, Pletcher M, Murakami Y, Reeves R. Tumor suppressor in lung cancer 1 (TSLC1) alters tumorigenic growth properties and gene expression. Mol Cancer. 2005;4:28 pubmed..2 cell lines. Gene expression and cell cycle differences provide insights into potential downstream pathways of TSLC1 that mediate the suppression of tumor properties in A549 cells. ..
- Li Z, Lehar M, Samlan R, Flint P. Proteomic analysis of rat laryngeal muscle following denervation. Proteomics. 2005;5:4764-76 pubmed..Significant changes in protein expression in denervated laryngeal muscle may provide potential therapeutic strategies for the treatment of laryngeal paralysis. ..
- Ohlstein B, Spradling A. Multipotent Drosophila intestinal stem cells specify daughter cell fates by differential notch signaling. Science. 2007;315:988-92 pubmed..Thus, ISCs control daughter cell fate by modulating Notch signaling over time. Our studies suggest that ISCs actively coordinate cell production with local tissue requirements by this mechanism. ..
- Yu Q, Sharma A, Oh S, Moon H, Hossain M, Salay T, et al. T cell factor 1 initiates the T helper type 2 fate by inducing the transcription factor GATA-3 and repressing interferon-gamma. Nat Immunol. 2009;10:992-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, TCF-1 initiates T(H)2 differentiation of activated CD4(+) T cells by promoting GATA-3 expression and suppressing IFN-gamma expression. ..
- Lee Y, Baskakov I. Treatment with normal prion protein delays differentiation and helps to maintain high proliferation activity in human embryonic stem cells. J Neurochem. 2010;114:362-73 pubmed publisher..e. executed by endogenous PrP(C). Together with previous observations, these work support the hypothesis that PrP(C) is involved in regulating self-renewal/differentiation status of stem cells including hESCs. ..
- Juopperi T, Kim W, Chiang C, Yu H, Margolis R, Ross C, et al. Astrocytes generated from patient induced pluripotent stem cells recapitulate features of Huntington's disease patient cells. Mol Brain. 2012;5:17 pubmed publisher..Our studies pave the way for future mechanistic investigations using human iPSCs to model HD and for high-throughput therapeutic screens. ..
- Barth A, Zhang Y, Li T, Smith R, Chimenti I, Terrovitis I, et al. Functional impairment of human resident cardiac stem cells by the cardiotoxic antineoplastic agent trastuzumab. Stem Cells Transl Med. 2012;1:289-97 pubmed publisher..Thus, TZM impairs the function of human resident cardiac stem cells, potentially contributing to TZM cardiotoxicity. ..
- Beer R, Parsons M, Rovira M. Centroacinar cells: At the center of pancreas regeneration. Dev Biol. 2016;413:8-15 pubmed publisher..However, whether CACs contribute to Î²-cell regeneration in adult mammals remains controversial. Here we review the current understanding of the role of CACs as endocrine progenitors during regeneration in zebrafish and mammals. ..
- Lin X, Shah S, Bulleit R. The expression of MEF2 genes is implicated in CNS neuronal differentiation. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 1996;42:307-16 pubmed..These observations suggest that MEF2 molecules may be an important factor involved in CNS neuron differentiation similar to their role in muscle differentiation. ..
- Haga S, Fu S, Karp J, Ross D, Williams D, Hankins W, et al. BP1, a new homeobox gene, is frequently expressed in acute leukemias. Leukemia. 2000;14:1867-75 pubmed..The presence of BP1 RNA in leukemic blasts may therefore be a molecular marker for primitive cells and/or may indicate that BP1 is an important upstream factor in an oncogenic pathway. ..
- Moulton V, Bushar N, Leeser D, Patke D, Farber D. Divergent generation of heterogeneous memory CD4 T cells. J Immunol. 2006;177:869-76 pubmed
- Litwack E, Lee Y, Mallott J. Absence of the basilar pons in mice lacking a functional Large glycosyltransferase gene suggests a defect in pontine neuron migration. Brain Res. 2006;1117:12-7 pubmed..In addition, the basilar pons forms normally in dystrophin-deficient mice. These results demonstrate that the Large glycosyltransferase but not dystrophin is required for normal basilar pontine development...
- Kim J, Monila H, Pandey A, Lane M. Upstream stimulatory factors regulate the C/EBP alpha gene during differentiation of 3T3-L1 preadipocytes. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;354:517-21 pubmed..The expression of AP-4 is reciprocally regulated with USF-1 during adipocyte differentiation. These findings suggest that USF-1 and 2 play roles in C/EBPalpha expression, whereas the AP-4 represses it. ..
- Pasterkamp R, Kolk S, Hellemons A, Kolodkin A. Expression patterns of semaphorin7A and plexinC1 during rat neural development suggest roles in axon guidance and neuronal migration. BMC Dev Biol. 2007;7:98 pubmed..The prominent expression of plexinC1 in several distinct populations of migrating neurons suggests a novel role for this plexin family member in neuronal migration. ..
- Xu M, Sharma A, Hossain M, Wiest D, Sen J. Sustained expression of pre-TCR induced beta-catenin in post-beta-selection thymocytes blocks T cell development. J Immunol. 2009;182:759-65 pubmed..These data are consistent with a model in which post-beta-selection, pre-TCR-induced beta-catenin expression must return to background levels for efficient transition to the DP stage. ..
- Rovira M, Huang W, Yusuff S, Shim J, FERRANTE A, Liu J, et al. Chemical screen identifies FDA-approved drugs and target pathways that induce precocious pancreatic endocrine differentiation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:19264-9 pubmed publisher..Using pharmacological approaches, we have identified and characterized two unique pathways in ?-cell differentiation in the zebrafish, including down-regulation of GTP production and retinoic acid biosynthesis. ..
- Sen N, Snyder S. Neurotrophin-mediated degradation of histone methyltransferase by S-nitrosylation cascade regulates neuronal differentiation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:20178-83 pubmed publisher..Degradation of SUV39H1 by Siah facilitates histone H3 on lysine 9 acetylation, CREB binding to DNA, enhanced expression of CREB-regulated genes and neurite outgrowth. ..
- Kshitiz -, Hubbi M, Ahn E, Downey J, Afzal J, Kim D, et al. Matrix rigidity controls endothelial differentiation and morphogenesis of cardiac precursors. Sci Signal. 2012;5:ra41 pubmed publisher..Natural or induced decreases in the abundance of p190RhoGAP triggered a series of developmental events by coupling cell-cell and cell-substratum interactions to genetic circuits controlling differentiation. ..
- Hou Y, Ouyang X, Wan R, Cheng H, Mattson M, Cheng A. Mitochondrial superoxide production negatively regulates neural progenitor proliferation and cerebral cortical development. Stem Cells. 2012;30:2535-47 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings suggest that mitochondrial SO flashes negatively regulate NPC self-renewal in the developing cerebral cortex. ..
- Rodriguez M, Choi J, Park S, Sockanathan S. Gde2 regulates cortical neuronal identity by controlling the timing of cortical progenitor differentiation. Development. 2012;139:3870-9 pubmed
- Simons B, Hurley P, Huang Z, Ross A, Miller R, Marchionni L, et al. Wnt signaling though beta-catenin is required for prostate lineage specification. Dev Biol. 2012;371:246-55 pubmed publisher..Deletion of beta-catenin in the adult prostate did not significantly affect organ homeostasis. Collectively, these data establish that beta-catenin and Wnt signaling play key roles in prostate lineage specification and bud outgrowth. ..
- Ghosh A, Jacobs Lorena M. In Vitro Differentiation of Plasmodium falciparum Gametocytes into Ookinetes. Methods Mol Biol. 2013;923:27-33 pubmed..falciparum gametocytes into mature ookinetes and supports the complete development of ookinetes that retain the ability to infect the mosquito midgut and to produce oocysts. ..
- Cairo C, Sagnia B, Cappelli G, Colizzi V, Leke R, Leke R, et al. Human cord blood ?? T cells expressing public V?2 chains dominate the response to bisphosphonate plus interleukin-15. Immunology. 2013;138:346-60 pubmed publisher..Selection was similar using IL-2 or myeloid-derived IL-15. The V?2V?2 T cells present in neonates are capable of generating potent immune responses even when relying on IL-15. ..
- Kusuma S, Peijnenburg E, Patel P, Gerecht S. Low oxygen tension enhances endothelial fate of human pluripotent stem cells. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2014;34:913-20 pubmed publisher..Precise elucidation of the role of low oxygen environments on endothelial commitment from human pluripotent stem cells necessitates controlled in vitro differentiation environments...
- Kaestner K, Christy R, McLenithan J, Braiterman L, Cornelius P, Pekala P, et al. Sequence, tissue distribution, and differential expression of mRNA for a putative insulin-responsive glucose transporter in mouse 3T3-L1 adipocytes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1989;86:3150-4 pubmed..This increase in mRNA content correlates closely with the acquisition of insulin-stimulated glucose uptake. We propose that GT2 is an insulin-regulated glucose transporter. ..
- Nakakura E, Watkins D, Sriuranpong V, Borges M, Nelkin B, Ball D. Mammalian Scratch participates in neuronal differentiation in P19 embryonal carcinoma cells. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2001;95:162-6 pubmed..Scrt thus appears to function downstream of proneural bHLH proteins in promoting mammalian neural differentiation in this model system. ..
- Cui Y, Golob J, Kelleher E, Ye Z, Pardoll D, Cheng L. Targeting transgene expression to antigen-presenting cells derived from lentivirus-transduced engrafting human hematopoietic stem/progenitor cells. Blood. 2002;99:399-408 pubmed..This study demonstrated successful targeting of transgene expression to APCs/DCs after stable gene transduction of pluripotent HSCs. ..
- Sutters M, Germino G. Autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease: molecular genetics and pathophysiology. J Lab Clin Med. 2003;141:91-101 pubmed..In this review, we discuss what is known of the functions of the polycystins and how this information is providing important insights into the molecular pathogenesis of ADPKD. ..
- Zhang J, Tang Q, Vinson C, Lane M. Dominant-negative C/EBP disrupts mitotic clonal expansion and differentiation of 3T3-L1 preadipocytes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:43-7 pubmed..These findings show that both MCE and adipogenesis are dependent on C/EBPbeta. ..
- Wang W, Xu J, Kirsch T. Annexin V and terminal differentiation of growth plate chondrocytes. Exp Cell Res. 2005;305:156-65 pubmed..Overexpression of annexin V is sufficient to stimulate these terminal differentiation events in growth plate chondrocytes, whereas suppression of annexin V expression inhibits these events. ..
- Serafini P, Meckel K, Kelso M, Noonan K, Califano J, Koch W, et al. Phosphodiesterase-5 inhibition augments endogenous antitumor immunity by reducing myeloid-derived suppressor cell function. J Exp Med. 2006;203:2691-702 pubmed..In light of the recent data that enzymes mediating MDSC-dependent immunosuppression in mice are active also in humans, these findings demonstrate a potentially novel use of PDE5 inhibitors as adjuncts to tumor-specific immune therapy. ..
- Pletnikov M, Xu Y, Ovanesov M, Kamiya A, Sawa A, Ross C. PC12 cell model of inducible expression of mutant DISC1: new evidence for a dominant-negative mechanism of abnormal neuronal differentiation. Neurosci Res. 2007;58:234-44 pubmed..Thus, inducible expression of DISC1 in PC12 cell clones is a valuable in vitro model for further studying the molecular mechanisms likely due to loss of function of DISC1 relevant to the pathogenesis of major mental illnesses. ..
- Klaewsongkram J, Yang Y, Golech S, Katz J, Kaestner K, Weng N. KrÃ¼ppel-like factor 4 regulates B cell number and activation-induced B cell proliferation. J Immunol. 2007;179:4679-84 pubmed..These findings demonstrate that Klf4 regulates B cell number and activation-induced B cell proliferation through directly acting on the promoter of cyclin D2. ..
- Kirsch T, Kim H, Winkles J. Progressive ankylosis gene (ank) regulates osteoblast differentiation. Cells Tissues Organs. 2009;189:158-62 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these findings suggest that ANK is a positive regulator of differentiation events towards a mature osteoblastic phenotype. ..
- Yan Y, Sabharwal P, Rao M, Sockanathan S. The antioxidant enzyme Prdx1 controls neuronal differentiation by thiol-redox-dependent activation of GDE2. Cell. 2009;138:1209-21 pubmed publisher..These findings define Prdx1 as a pivotal regulator of GDE2 activity and suggest roles for coupled thiol-redox-dependent cascades in controlling neuronal differentiation in the spinal cord. ..
- Kerr C, Cheng L. The dazzle in germ cell differentiation. J Mol Cell Biol. 2010;2:26-9 pubmed publisher..Although factors that Dazl influences during this process have been identified, the underlying mechanisms warrant future studies. ..
- Zaidi A, Macglashan D. Regulation of Fc epsilon RI expression during murine basophil maturation: the interplay between IgE, cell division, and Fc epsilon RI synthetic rate. J Immunol. 2010;184:1463-74 pubmed publisher..The studies also support a model whereby receptor expression is limited by cell division and that basophils, once mature, slow their rate of receptor synthesis. ..
- Brennan S, Meade B, Wang Q, Merchant A, Kowalski J, Matsui W. Mantle cell lymphoma activation enhances bortezomib sensitivity. Blood. 2010;116:4185-91 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that CpG may target clonogenic and resistant ALDH(+) cells as well as improve the activity of proteasome inhibitors in MCL...
- Vazin T, Freed W. Human embryonic stem cells: derivation, culture, and differentiation: a review. Restor Neurol Neurosci. 2010;28:589-603 pubmed publisher..Finally, we will discuss transplantation studies of hESC-derived cells with respect to safety and functional recovery. ..