Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on caenorhabditis elegans in Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Locale: Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Topic: caenorhabditis elegans
- Wolkow C. New haystacks reveal new needles: using Caenorhabditis elegans to identify novel targets for ameliorating body composition changes during human aging. Interdiscip Top Gerontol. 2010;37:84-93 pubmed publisher..From this chapter, readers will develop a deeper understanding of the ways that C.elegans can be used for mechanistic gerontological studies. ..
- Pellettieri J, Seydoux G. Anterior-posterior polarity in C. elegans and Drosophila--PARallels and differences. Science. 2002;298:1946-50 pubmed..Although clear mechanistic parallels remain to be established, par-dependent regulation of microtubule dynamics and protein stability emerge as common themes. ..
- Keowkase R, Aboukhatwa M, Luo Y. Fluoxetine protects against amyloid-beta toxicity, in part via daf-16 mediated cell signaling pathway, in Caenorhabditis elegans. Neuropharmacology. 2010;59:358-65 pubmed publisher..We also found that fluoxetine increased thermal stress resistance and extended life span. These findings suggests that fluoxetine may have benefit for the treatment of AD by the reduction of proteotoxicity. ..
- Fang E, Scheibye Knudsen M, Brace L, Kassahun H, SenGupta T, Nilsen H, et al. Defective mitophagy in XPA via PARP-1 hyperactivation and NAD(+)/SIRT1 reduction. Cell. 2014;157:882-896 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal a nuclear-mitochondrial crosstalk that is critical for the maintenance of mitochondrial health. ..
- Margolis R, Stine O, McInnis M, Ranen N, Rubinsztein D, Leggo J, et al. cDNA cloning of a human homologue of the Caenorhabditis elegans cell fate-determining gene mab-21: expression, chromosomal localization and analysis of a highly polymorphic (CAG)n trinucleotide repeat. Hum Mol Genet. 1996;5:607-16 pubmed
- Hsieh J, Zhou S, Chen L, Young D, Hayward S. CIR, a corepressor linking the DNA binding factor CBF1 to the histone deacetylase complex. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:23-8 pubmed..When expressed as a Gal4 fusion protein, CIR repressed reporter gene expression. CIR binds to histone deacetylase and to SAP30 and serves as a linker between CBF1 and the histone deacetylase complex. ..
- Zhong Y, Wang J, Henderson M, Yang P, Hagen B, Siddique T, et al. Nuclear export of misfolded SOD1 mediated by a normally buried NES-like sequence reduces proteotoxicity in the nucleus. elife. 2017;6: pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that SOD1 mutants are removed from the nucleus by CRM1 as a defense mechanism against proteotoxicity of misfolded SOD1 in the nucleus. ..
- Cheng K, Klancer R, Singson A, Seydoux G. Regulation of MBK-2/DYRK by CDK-1 and the pseudophosphatases EGG-4 and EGG-5 during the oocyte-to-embryo transition. Cell. 2009;139:560-72 pubmed publisher..Our findings link cell-cycle progression to MBK-2/DYRK activation and the oocyte-to-embryo transition. ..
- Deryusheva S, Gall J. Dual nature of pseudouridylation in U2 snRNA: Pus1p-dependent and Pus1p-independent activities in yeasts and higher eukaryotes. RNA. 2017;23:1060-1067 pubmed publisher..In vertebrates, we showed that SCARNA8 (also known as U92 scaRNA) is a guide for U2-?43 in addition to its previously established targets U2-?34/?44. ..
- Spehr M, Leinders Zufall T. One neuron--multiple receptors: increased complexity in olfactory coding?. Sci STKE. 2005;2005:pe25 pubmed..However, recent reports regarding Drosophila have found exceptions to the rule that could have important implications for the logic of olfactory coding. ..
- Tarr D, Scott A. MSP domain proteins show enhanced expression in male germ line cells. Mol Biochem Parasitol. 2004;137:87-98 pubmed..The 23 members of the MDP family of proteins from C. elegans were predicted to be transcribed in the testis. The findings provide additional candidates to the growing list of molecules that regulate MSP cytoskeletal dynamics. ..
- McMiller T, Johnson C. Molecular characterization of HLH-17, a C. elegans bHLH protein required for normal larval development. Gene. 2005;356:1-10 pubmed..We propose that hlh-17 affects the ability of C. elegans to respond to food cues, with possible downstream effects on insulin-signaling genes involved in the normal development and reproductive viability of the worm. ..
- Brown M, Luo Y. Bilobalide modulates serotonin-controlled behaviors in the nematode Caenorhabditis elegans. BMC Neurosci. 2009;10:62 pubmed publisher..Additional studies for the function of bilobalide in neurotransmitter systems could aid in our understanding of its neuroprotective properties. ..
- Wagmaister J, Miley G, Morris C, Gleason J, Miller L, Kornfeld K, et al. Identification of cis-regulatory elements from the C. elegans Hox gene lin-39 required for embryonic expression and for regulation by the transcription factors LIN-1, LIN-31 and LIN-39. Dev Biol. 2006;297:550-65 pubmed..p. Therefore, we have begun to unravel the cis-acting sites regulating lin-39 Hox gene expression and have shown that lin-39 is a direct target of the Ras pathway acting via LIN-1 and LIN-31. ..
- Chen E, Grote E, Mohler W, VIGNERY A. Cell-cell fusion. FEBS Lett. 2007;581:2181-93 pubmed
- De S, Zhang Y, Wolkow C, Zou S, Goldberg I, Becker K. Genome-wide modeling of complex phenotypes in Caenorhabditis elegans and Drosophila melanogaster. BMC Genomics. 2013;14:580 pubmed publisher..These phenotypic gene set collections will contribute to the understanding of complex phenotypic outcomes in these model systems. ..
- Lin S, Culotta V. The ATX1 gene of Saccharomyces cerevisiae encodes a small metal homeostasis factor that protects cells against reactive oxygen toxicity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995;92:3784-8 pubmed..Hence, ATX1 protects cells against the toxicity of both superoxide anion and hydrogen peroxide. ..
- Chen L, Krause M, Sepanski M, Fire A. The Caenorhabditis elegans MYOD homologue HLH-1 is essential for proper muscle function and complete morphogenesis. Development. 1994;120:1631-41 pubmed..Mosaic studies using the point mutation and an extrachromosomal transgene indicate that the requirement for hlh-1 is fully zygotic, with no maternal hlh-1 requirement for either muscle development or viability. ..
- Seydoux G, Dunn M. Transcriptionally repressed germ cells lack a subpopulation of phosphorylated RNA polymerase II in early embryos of Caenorhabditis elegans and Drosophila melanogaster. Development. 1997;124:2191-201 pubmed..In addition, these studies also suggest that different phosphorylated isoforms of RNA polymerase II perform distinct functions. ..
- Yanowitz J, Fire A. Cyclin D involvement demarcates a late transition in C. elegans embryogenesis. Dev Biol. 2005;279:244-51 pubmed..The results suggest that certain mesodermal lineages may be uniquely affected by changes in cyd-1 activity. ..
- Gami M, Iser W, Hanselman K, Wolkow C. Activated AKT/PKB signaling in C. elegans uncouples temporally distinct outputs of DAF-2/insulin-like signaling. BMC Dev Biol. 2006;6:45 pubmed..Phenotypic analysis of these alleles shows that the larval and adult outputs of AGE-1/PI3K are fully separable in these mutants. ..
- Yanowitz J. Genome integrity is regulated by the Caenorhabditis elegans Rad51D homolog rfs-1. Genetics. 2008;179:249-62 pubmed publisher..Unlike other Mrt genes, rfs-1 manifests fluctuations in telomere lengths and functions independently of telomerase. These data suggest that rfs-1 is a novel regulator of genome stability. ..
- D AGOSTINO I, Merritt C, Chen P, Seydoux G, Subramaniam K. Translational repression restricts expression of the C. elegans Nanos homolog NOS-2 to the embryonic germline. Dev Biol. 2006;292:244-52 pubmed
- Kostas S, Fire A. The T-box factor MLS-1 acts as a molecular switch during specification of nonstriated muscle in C. elegans. Genes Dev. 2002;16:257-69 pubmed..mls-1 activity also appears to be regulated by posttranscriptional processes, as expression occurs in both uterine and vulval muscle precursors. ..
- Prasad B, Karakuzu O, Reed R, Cameron S. unc-3-dependent repression of specific motor neuron fates in Caenorhabditis elegans. Dev Biol. 2008;323:207-15 pubmed publisher..Our data explain the locomotory defects of unc-3 mutants and suggest that interactions between unc-3 and pag-3 orthologs in other species may be functionally important. ..
- de la Cova C, Townley R, Regot S, Greenwald I. A Real-Time Biosensor for ERK Activity Reveals Signaling Dynamics during C. elegans Cell Fate Specification. Dev Cell. 2017;42:542-553.e4 pubmed publisher..The toolkit described here will facilitate studies of ERK signaling in other C. elegans contexts, and the design features will enable implementation of this technology in other multicellular organisms. ..
- Ramulu P, Nathans J. Cellular and subcellular localization, N-terminal acylation, and calcium binding of Caenorhabditis elegans protein phosphatase with EF-hands. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:25127-35 pubmed
- McCann R, Craig S. The I/LWEQ module: a conserved sequence that signifies F-actin binding in functionally diverse proteins from yeast to mammals. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:5679-84 pubmed
- Zonies S, Motegi F, Hao Y, Seydoux G. Symmetry breaking and polarization of the C. elegans zygote by the polarity protein PAR-2. Development. 2010;137:1669-77 pubmed publisher..We propose that polarity in the C. elegans zygote is initiated by redundant ECT-2- and PAR-2-dependent mechanisms that lower PAR-3 levels locally, triggering a positive-feedback loop that polarizes the entire cortex. ..
- Gallo C, Wang J, Motegi F, Seydoux G. Cytoplasmic partitioning of P granule components is not required to specify the germline in C. elegans. Science. 2010;330:1685-9 pubmed publisher..pptr-1 mutants are fertile, except at high temperatures. Hence, asymmetric partitioning of maternal P granules is not essential to specify germ cell fate. Instead, it may serve to protect the nascent germline from stress. ..
- Timmons L, Court D, Fire A. Ingestion of bacterially expressed dsRNAs can produce specific and potent genetic interference in Caenorhabditis elegans. Gene. 2001;263:103-12 pubmed
- Liu J, Fire A. Overlapping roles of two Hox genes and the exd ortholog ceh-20 in diversification of the C. elegans postembryonic mesoderm. Development. 2000;127:5179-90 pubmed..We present evidence from mutant phenotypes that twist is not the only target for Hox genes in the M lineage: in particular we show that lin-39 mab-5 double mutants exhibit a more severe M lineage defect than the hlh-8 null mutant. ..
- Lim P, Danner R, Liang J, Doong H, Harman C, Srinivasan D, et al. Ubiquilin and p97/VCP bind erasin, forming a complex involved in ERAD. J Cell Biol. 2009;187:201-17 pubmed publisher..Our results strongly support a role for this complex in ERAD and in the regulation of ER stress. ..
- Wallenfang M, Seydoux G. cdk-7 Is required for mRNA transcription and cell cycle progression in Caenorhabditis elegans embryos. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:5527-32 pubmed..Our results support a dual role for metazoan CDK7 as a broadly required CTD kinase, and as a CAK essential for cell cycle progression. ..
- Kim Y, McDole K, Zheng Y. The function of lamins in the context of tissue building and maintenance. Nucleus. 2012;3:256-62 pubmed publisher..In this Extra View, we discuss how studies using animal models and cell cultures have begun to reveal cell-type specific functions of lamins in tissue building and homeostasis. ..
- Sherman P, Sun H, Macke J, Williams J, Smallwood P, Nathans J. Identification and characterization of a conserved family of protein serine/threonine phosphatases homologous to Drosophila retinal degeneration C. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:11639-44 pubmed
- Yanowitz J, Shakir M, Hedgecock E, Hutter H, Fire A, Lundquist E. UNC-39, the C. elegans homolog of the human myotonic dystrophy-associated homeodomain protein Six5, regulates cell motility and differentiation. Dev Biol. 2004;272:389-402 pubmed..We show that human Six5 and UNC-39 are functional homologs, suggesting that further characterization of the C. elegans unc-39 gene might provide insight into the etiology of DM1. ..
- Liu Z, Hamamichi S, Lee B, Yang D, Ray A, Caldwell G, et al. Inhibitors of LRRK2 kinase attenuate neurodegeneration and Parkinson-like phenotypes in Caenorhabditis elegans and Drosophila Parkinson's disease models. Hum Mol Genet. 2011;20:3933-42 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that increased kinase activity of LRRK2 is neurotoxic and that inhibition of LRRK2 activity can have a disease-modifying effect. This suggests that inhibition of LRRK2 holds promise as a treatment for PD. ..
- Montell D. The genetics of cell migration in Drosophila melanogaster and Caenorhabditis elegans development. Development. 1999;126:3035-46 pubmed..New types of genetic screens promise to fill in some of these gaps in the near future. ..
- Voronina E, Paix A, Seydoux G. The P granule component PGL-1 promotes the localization and silencing activity of the PUF protein FBF-2 in germline stem cells. Development. 2012;139:3732-40 pubmed..Our findings also support the view that P granules facilitate mRNA silencing by providing an environment in which translational repressors can encounter their mRNA targets immediately upon exit from the nucleus. ..
- Seydoux G, Fire A. Soma-germline asymmetry in the distributions of embryonic RNAs in Caenorhabditis elegans. Development. 1994;120:2823-34 pubmed..These observations suggest that mechanisms which distinguish between soma and germline cause asymmetries in mRNA stability and transcription within the first few cleavages of C. elegans embryogenesis. ..
- Gleason J, Szyleyko E, Eisenmann D. Multiple redundant Wnt signaling components function in two processes during C. elegans vulval development. Dev Biol. 2006;298:442-57 pubmed..p lineage. Here, too, we found that four of five Wnt receptors can influence P7.p orientation, suggesting that a surprising amount of functional redundancy exists in Wnt signaling during C. elegans vulval induction...
- Natarajan L, Jackson B, Szyleyko E, Eisenmann D. Identification of evolutionarily conserved promoter elements and amino acids required for function of the C. elegans beta-catenin homolog BAR-1. Dev Biol. 2004;272:536-57 pubmed..elegans. By phylogenetic comparison, we found that most of these residues are conserved and may identify amino acids necessary for beta-catenin function in all species. ..
- Ahmed H, Bianchet M, Amzel L, Hirabayashi J, Kasai K, Giga Hama Y, et al. Novel carbohydrate specificity of the 16-kDa galectin from Caenorhabditis elegans: binding to blood group precursor oligosaccharides (type 1, type 2, Talpha, and Tbeta) and gangliosides. Glycobiology. 2002;12:451-61 pubmed
- Daniels B, Dobrowsky T, Perkins E, Sun S, Wirtz D. MEX-5 enrichment in the C. elegans early embryo mediated by differential diffusion. Development. 2010;137:2579-85 pubmed publisher..This work extends the scope of reaction/diffusion models to include not only germline morphogens, but also somatic determinants. ..
- Gallo C, Seydoux G. Toti "potent" repressors. Bioessays. 2006;28:865-7 pubmed..The unexpected discovery of a teratoma in a C. elegans double mutant points to translational control as a key mechanism to maintain totipotency in developing germ cells...
- Muriel J, Dong C, Vogel B. Distinct regions within fibulin-1D modulate interactions with hemicentin. Exp Cell Res. 2012;318:2543-7 pubmed publisher..Together, the data suggests that EGF repeats 4 and 5 promote interaction with hemicentin while a region within EGF2D suppresses ectopic interactions with hemicentin and this suppression may be protease dependent. ..
- Marson A, Tarr D, Scott A. Macrophage migration inhibitory factor (mif) transcription is significantly elevated in Caenorhabditis elegans dauer larvae. Gene. 2001;278:53-62 pubmed..The results suggest a role for C. elegans MIF in cellular maintenance during periods of adverse conditions that lead to developmental arrest. ..
- Wagmaister J, Gleason J, Eisenmann D. Transcriptional upregulation of the C. elegans Hox gene lin-39 during vulval cell fate specification. Mech Dev. 2006;123:135-50 pubmed..Finally, we found that when the Wnt pathway is over activated, expression from the transcriptional lin-39::GFP increases, suggesting that the Wnt pathway also regulates lin-39 at the transcriptional level. ..
- Tan P, Barr T, Inglis P, Mitsuma N, Huang S, Garcia Gonzalez M, et al. Loss of Bardet Biedl syndrome proteins causes defects in peripheral sensory innervation and function. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:17524-9 pubmed..Our findings suggest a hitherto unrecognized, but essential, role for mammalian basal body proteins in the acquisition of mechano- and thermosensory stimuli and highlight potentially clinical features of ciliopathies in humans. ..
- Harfe B, Vaz Gomes A, Kenyon C, Liu J, Krause M, Fire A. Analysis of a Caenorhabditis elegans Twist homolog identifies conserved and divergent aspects of mesodermal patterning. Genes Dev. 1998;12:2623-35 pubmed..These results suggest the possibility that a conserved pathway may be used for diverse functions in mesodermal specification. ..
- Vogel B, Hedgecock E. Hemicentin, a conserved extracellular member of the immunoglobulin superfamily, organizes epithelial and other cell attachments into oriented line-shaped junctions. Development. 2001;128:883-94 pubmed..Hemicentin tracks facilitate mechanosensory neuron anchorage to the epidermis, gliding of the developing gonad along epithelial basement membranes and germline cellularization. ..
- Bernick E, Zhang P, Du S. Knockdown and overexpression of Unc-45b result in defective myofibril organization in skeletal muscles of zebrafish embryos. BMC Cell Biol. 2010;11:70 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these studies indicate that the expression levels of Unc-45b must be precisely regulated to ensure normal myofibril organization. Loss or overexpression of Unc-45b leads to defective myofibril organization. ..
- Ladouceur A, Ranjan R, Smith L, Fadero T, Heppert J, Goldstein B, et al. CENP-A and topoisomerase-II antagonistically affect chromosome length. J Cell Biol. 2017;216:2645-2655 pubmed publisher..We propose that self-assembly of centromeric chromatin into an extended linear array promotes elongation of the chromosome, whereas topo-II promotes chromosome-length shortening. ..
- Thompson K, Joshi P, Dymond J, Gorrepati L, Smith H, Krause M, et al. The Paired-box protein PAX-3 regulates the choice between lateral and ventral epidermal cell fates in C. elegans. Dev Biol. 2016;412:191-207 pubmed publisher..pax-3 represents the first gene required for specification solely of the ventral hypodermal fate in C. elegans providing insights into cell type diversification. ..
- Harfe B, Fire A. Muscle and nerve-specific regulation of a novel NK-2 class homeodomain factor in Caenorhabditis elegans. Development. 1998;125:421-9 pubmed..briggsae contains a close homologue of C. elegans ceh-24 including a highly conserved and functionally equivalent set of cis-acting control signals. ..
- Pellettieri J, Reinke V, Kim S, Seydoux G. Coordinate activation of maternal protein degradation during the egg-to-embryo transition in C. elegans. Dev Cell. 2003;5:451-62 pubmed..We propose that MBK-2 functions as a temporal regulator of protein stability, and that coordinate activation of maternal protein degradation is one of the mechanisms that drives the transition from symmetric egg to patterned embryo. ..
- Gami M, Wolkow C. Studies of Caenorhabditis elegans DAF-2/insulin signaling reveal targets for pharmacological manipulation of lifespan. Aging Cell. 2006;5:31-7 pubmed..These insights into pathways affecting invertebrate lifespan may provide a basis for developing strategies for pharmacological manipulation of human lifespan. ..
- Wang H, Lim P, Yin C, Rieckher M, Vogel B, Monteiro M. Suppression of polyglutamine-induced toxicity in cell and animal models of Huntington's disease by ubiquilin. Hum Mol Genet. 2006;15:1025-41 pubmed..These results suggest that ubiquilin might be a novel therapeutic target for treating polyQ diseases. ..
- Wang T, Yin L, Cooper E, Lai M, Dickey S, Pickart C, et al. Evidence for bidentate substrate binding as the basis for the K48 linkage specificity of otubain 1. J Mol Biol. 2009;386:1011-23 pubmed publisher..Bidentate binding may be a general strategy used to achieve linkage-specific deubiquitination. ..
- Zastrow M, Flaherty D, Benian G, Wilson K. Nuclear titin interacts with A- and B-type lamins in vitro and in vivo. J Cell Sci. 2006;119:239-49 pubmed..We conclude that the C-terminus of nuclear titin binds lamins in vivo and might contribute to nuclear organization during interphase. ..
- Tan F, Fire A, Hill R. Regulation of apoptosis by C. elegans CED-9 in the absence of the C-terminal transmembrane domain. Cell Death Differ. 2007;14:1925-35 pubmed
- Muriel J, Dong C, Hutter H, Vogel B. Fibulin-1C and Fibulin-1D splice variants have distinct functions and assemble in a hemicentin-dependent manner. Development. 2005;132:4223-34 pubmed..We suggest that the distinct developmental roles and hemicentin-dependent assembly for fibulin-1 splice variants demonstrated here may be relevant to fibulin-1 and possibly other fibulin family members in non-nematode species. ..
- Sun H, Tsunenari T, Yau K, Nathans J. The vitelliform macular dystrophy protein defines a new family of chloride channels. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:4008-13 pubmed..These experiments establish the existence of a new chloride channel family and VMD as a channelopathy. ..
- Voronina E, Seydoux G. The C. elegans homolog of nucleoporin Nup98 is required for the integrity and function of germline P granules. Development. 2010;137:1441-50 pubmed publisher..In the mouse, Nup98 immunoprecipitates with the germ granule component MVH. Our findings suggest that, in germ cells, the function of Nup98 extends beyond transport at the nuclear pore to include mRNA regulation in the cytoplasm. ..
- Allard J, Perez E, Zou S, De Cabo R. Dietary activators of Sirt1. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2009;299:58-63 pubmed publisher..This association led to the search for potential Sirt1-activating, life-extending molecules. This review briefly outlines the experimental findings on resveratrol and other dietary activators of Sirt1. ..
- Wang H, Lim P, Karbowski M, Monteiro M. Effects of overexpression of huntingtin proteins on mitochondrial integrity. Hum Mol Genet. 2009;18:737-52 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, our results suggest that it might be possible to reverse polyglutamine-induced cytotoxicity by preventing mitochondrial fragmentation. ..
- Hao Y, Boyd L, Seydoux G. Stabilization of cell polarity by the C. elegans RING protein PAR-2. Dev Cell. 2006;10:199-208 pubmed..Our findings suggest that reciprocal inhibitory interactions among PAR proteins stabilize polarity by reinforcing an initial asymmetry in PKC-3. ..
- Griffin E, Odde D, Seydoux G. Regulation of the MEX-5 gradient by a spatially segregated kinase/phosphatase cycle. Cell. 2011;146:955-68 pubmed publisher..The principles demonstrated here apply to any spatially segregated modification cycle that affects protein diffusion and do not require protein synthesis or degradation...
- Depina A, Iser W, Park S, Maudsley S, Wilson M, Wolkow C. Regulation of Caenorhabditis elegans vitellogenesis by DAF-2/IIS through separable transcriptional and posttranscriptional mechanisms. BMC Physiol. 2011;11:11 pubmed publisher..This study reveals that pleiotropic effects of IIS pathway mutations can converge on a common downstream target, vitellogenesis, as a mechanism to modulate longevity. ..
- Zhang T, Mullane P, Periz G, Wang J. TDP-43 neurotoxicity and protein aggregation modulated by heat shock factor and insulin/IGF-1 signaling. Hum Mol Genet. 2011;20:1952-65 pubmed publisher..elegans and mammalian cells. These results suggest that protein misfolding underlies the aging-dependent neurodegeneration associated with TDP-43 and that the insulin/IGF-1 signaling may be a target for therapies. ..
- Tan F, Husain M, Manlandro C, Koppenol M, Fire A, Hill R. CED-9 and mitochondrial homeostasis in C. elegans muscle. J Cell Sci. 2008;121:3373-82 pubmed publisher..Thus, CED-9 is capable of regulating the mitochondrial fission-fusion cycle but is not essential for either fission or fusion. ..
- Prasad B, Ye B, Zackhary R, Schrader K, Seydoux G, Reed R. unc-3, a gene required for axonal guidance in Caenorhabditis elegans, encodes a member of the O/E family of transcription factors. Development. 1998;125:1561-8 pubmed
- Merritt C, Seydoux G. The Puf RNA-binding proteins FBF-1 and FBF-2 inhibit the expression of synaptonemal complex proteins in germline stem cells. Development. 2010;137:1787-98 pubmed publisher..We propose that parallel regulation by FBF ensures that in wild-type gonads, meiotic entry is coordinated with just-in-time synthesis of synaptonemal proteins...