Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on arabidopsis in College Park, Maryland, United States
Locale: College Park, Maryland, United States
- Padmanabhan M, Shiferaw H, Culver J. The Tobacco mosaic virus replicase protein disrupts the localization and function of interacting Aux/IAA proteins. Mol Plant Microbe Interact. 2006;19:864-73 pubmed publisher..Combined, these findings suggest that TMV-induced disease symptoms can be attributed, in part, to the ability of the viral replicase protein to disrupt the localization and subsequent function of interacting Aux/IAA proteins...
- Collum T, Culver J. Tobacco mosaic virus infection disproportionately impacts phloem associated translatomes in Arabidopsis thaliana and Nicotiana benthamiana. Virology. 2017;510:76-89 pubmed publisher..Combined these results suggest phloem tissues play a disproportion role in the mediation and control of host responses to virus infection. ..
- Nargund S, Sriram G. Designer labels for plant metabolism: statistical design of isotope labeling experiments for improved quantification of flux in complex plant metabolic networks. Mol Biosyst. 2013;9:99-112 pubmed publisher..In the future, these ILE designs can be further improved by leveraging recent analytical and computational developments in isotope-assisted MFA. ..
- Pertea M, Mount S, Salzberg S. A computational survey of candidate exonic splicing enhancer motifs in the model plant Arabidopsis thaliana. BMC Bioinformatics. 2007;8:159 pubmed..We have released GeneSplicerESE, the improved splice site recognition code, as open source software. Our results show that the use of the ESE motifs consistently improves splice site prediction accuracy. ..
- Perera I, Li X, Sze H. Several distinct genes encode nearly identical to 16 kDa proteolipids of the vacuolar H(+)-ATPase from Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Mol Biol. 1995;29:227-44 pubmed
- Padmanaban S, Chanroj S, Kwak J, Li X, Ward J, Sze H. Participation of endomembrane cation/H+ exchanger AtCHX20 in osmoregulation of guard cells. Plant Physiol. 2007;144:82-93 pubmed..Together, these results provide genetic and biochemical evidence that one CHX protein plays a critical role in osmoregulation through K+ fluxes and possibly pH modulation of an active endomembrane system in guard cells. ..
- Resnick J, Wen C, Shockey J, Chang C. REVERSION-TO-ETHYLENE SENSITIVITY1, a conserved gene that regulates ethylene receptor function in Arabidopsis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:7917-22 pubmed..These findings demonstrate that RTE1 is a negative regulator of ethylene signaling and suggest that RTE1 plays an important role in ETR1 function. ..
- Cummings M, Myers D. Simple statistical models predict C-to-U edited sites in plant mitochondrial RNA. BMC Bioinformatics. 2004;5:132 pubmed..However, the results suggest that primary sequence data and simple free energy of folding calculations alone are insufficient to make highly accurate predictions. ..
- Glazebrook J, Zook M, Mert F, Kagan I, Rogers E, Crute I, et al. Phytoalexin-deficient mutants of Arabidopsis reveal that PAD4 encodes a regulatory factor and that four PAD genes contribute to downy mildew resistance. Genetics. 1997;146:381-92 pubmed..Interestingly, each combination of double mutants between pad1-1, pad2-1 and pad3-1 exhibited additive shifts to moderate or full susceptibility to most of the isolates. ..
- Charity J, Pak K, Delwiche C, Hutcheson S. Novel exchangeable effector loci associated with the Pseudomonas syringae hrp pathogenicity island: evidence for integron-like assembly from transposed gene cassettes. Mol Plant Microbe Interact. 2003;16:495-507 pubmed publisher..syringae strains and that it evolved independently of the hrp pathogenicity island central conserved region, most likely through integron-like assembly of transposed gene cassettes...
- Hwang I, Sze H, Harper J. A calcium-dependent protein kinase can inhibit a calmodulin-stimulated Ca2+ pump (ACA2) located in the endoplasmic reticulum of Arabidopsis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2000;97:6224-9 pubmed
- Jirage D, Tootle T, Reuber T, Frost L, Feys B, Parker J, et al. Arabidopsis thaliana PAD4 encodes a lipase-like gene that is important for salicylic acid signaling. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:13583-8 pubmed
- Dong C, Rivarola M, Resnick J, Maggin B, Chang C. Subcellular co-localization of Arabidopsis RTE1 and ETR1 supports a regulatory role for RTE1 in ETR1 ethylene signaling. Plant J. 2008;53:275-86 pubmed..Lastly, we demonstrated the subcellular co-localization of RTE1 and ETR1. These findings support and enhance the genetic model that RTE1 plays a role in regulating ETR1. ..
- Resnick J, Rivarola M, Chang C. Involvement of RTE1 in conformational changes promoting ETR1 ethylene receptor signaling in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2008;56:423-31 pubmed publisher..Based on these findings, we propose that RTE1 promotes ETR1 signaling through a conformational effect on the ethylene-binding domain. ..
- Franks R, Wang C, Levin J, Liu Z. SEUSS, a member of a novel family of plant regulatory proteins, represses floral homeotic gene expression with LEUNIG. Development. 2002;129:253-63 pubmed..Based on these molecular and genetic analyses, we propose that SEUSS encodes a regulator of AGAMOUS and functions together with LEUNIG. ..
- Jammes F, Song C, Shin D, Munemasa S, Takeda K, Gu D, et al. MAP kinases MPK9 and MPK12 are preferentially expressed in guard cells and positively regulate ROS-mediated ABA signaling. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:20520-5 pubmed publisher..Together, these results provide genetic evidence that MPK9 and MPK12 function downstream of ROS to regulate guard cell ABA signaling positively. ..
- Guan Q, Wen C, Zeng H, Zhu J. A KH domain-containing putative RNA-binding protein is critical for heat stress-responsive gene regulation and thermotolerance in Arabidopsis. Mol Plant. 2013;6:386-95 pubmed publisher..Together, our results suggest that a KH domain-containing putative RNA-binding protein RCF3 is an important upstream regulator for heat stress-responsive gene expression and thermotolerance in Arabidopsis. ..
- Wang X, Culver J. DNA binding specificity of ATAF2, a NAC domain transcription factor targeted for degradation by Tobacco mosaic virus. BMC Plant Biol. 2012;12:157 pubmed publisher..The replication protein of Tobacco mosaic virus (TMV) has been shown to interact with and target the degradation of ATAF2. These findings suggest that the transcriptional targets of ATAF2 are involved in defense against TMV...
- Du Z, Alekhina O, Vassilenko K, Simon A. Concerted action of two 3' cap-independent translation enhancers increases the competitive strength of translated viral genomes. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:9558-9572 pubmed publisher..A model is proposed to explain how 3'CITE-based regulation of ribosome recruitment enhances virus fitness. ..
- Guan Q, Lu X, Zeng H, Zhang Y, Zhu J. Heat stress induction of miR398 triggers a regulatory loop that is critical for thermotolerance in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2013;74:840-51 pubmed publisher..This strategy involves the down-regulation of CSD genes and their copper chaperone CCS through heat-inducible miR398. ..
- Song J, Leung T, Ehler L, Wang C, Liu Z. Regulation of meristem organization and cell division by TSO1, an Arabidopsis gene with cysteine-rich repeats. Development. 2000;127:2207-17 pubmed..In situ TSO1 mRNA expression pattern and the nuclear localization of TSO1-GFP are consistent with a regulatory role of TSO1 in floral meristem cell division and in influorescence meristem organization. ..
- Grigorova B, Mara C, Hollender C, Sijacic P, Chen X, Liu Z. LEUNIG and SEUSS co-repressors regulate miR172 expression in Arabidopsis flowers. Development. 2011;138:2451-6 pubmed publisher..Our study provides new insights into the molecular mechanisms underlying the A-C antagonism and shed light on the transcriptional regulation of miR172 during flower development. ..
- Conner J, Liu Z. LEUNIG, a putative transcriptional corepressor that regulates AGAMOUS expression during flower development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2000;97:12902-7 pubmed..Our finding suggests that both animals and plants use similar repressor proteins to regulate critical developmental processes. ..
- Cunningham F, Gantt E. Identification of multi-gene families encoding isopentenyl diphosphate isomerase in plants by heterologous complementation in Escherichia coli. Plant Cell Physiol. 2000;41:119-23 pubmed..An analysis of these and other ipi leads us to suggest a separate origin for green algal and plant genes and propose that a single gene encodes plastid and cytosolic IPI in plants...
- Peer W, Cheng Y, Murphy A. Evidence of oxidative attenuation of auxin signalling. J Exp Bot. 2013;64:2629-39 pubmed publisher..This buffering of IAA oxidation would explain some growth responses observed in flavonoid-deficient mutants that cannot be explained by their established role in partially inhibiting auxin transport. ..
- Bretz J, Losada L, Lisboa K, Hutcheson S. Lon protease functions as a negative regulator of type III protein secretion in Pseudomonas syringae. Mol Microbiol. 2002;45:397-409 pubmed..These results indicate that expression of the hrp regulon and type III secretion are negatively regulated by Lon-mediated degradation of HrpR...
- Clark K, Larsen P, Wang X, Chang C. Association of the Arabidopsis CTR1 Raf-like kinase with the ETR1 and ERS ethylene receptors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:5401-6 pubmed..These physical associations support the genetic evidence that CTR1 acts in the pathway of ETR1 and ERS and suggest that these interactions could be involved in the regulation of CTR1 activity. ..
- Bretz J, Mock N, Charity J, Zeyad S, Baker C, Hutcheson S. A translocated protein tyrosine phosphatase of Pseudomonas syringae pv. tomato DC3000 modulates plant defence response to infection. Mol Microbiol. 2003;49:389-400 pubmed..The results indicate that HopPtoD2 is a translocated effector with protein tyrosine phosphatase activity that modulates plant defence responses. ..
- Sridhar V, Surendrarao A, Gonzalez D, Conlan R, Liu Z. Transcriptional repression of target genes by LEUNIG and SEUSS, two interacting regulatory proteins for Arabidopsis flower development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:11494-9 pubmed..Our work provides functional insights into plant transcriptional corepressors and reveals both conservation and distinctions between plant corepressors and those of yeast and animals. ..
- Jammes F, Yang X, Xiao S, Kwak J. Two Arabidopsis guard cell-preferential MAPK genes, MPK9 and MPK12, function in biotic stress response. Plant Signal Behav. 2011;6:1875-7 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the regulation of stomatal apertures by MPK9 and MPK12 contributes to the first line of defense against pathogens. ..
- Cho D, Kim S, Murata Y, Lee S, Jae S, Nam H, et al. De-regulated expression of the plant glutamate receptor homolog AtGLR3.1 impairs long-term Ca2+-programmed stomatal closure. Plant J. 2009;58:437-49 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that over-expression of AtGLR3.1 impairs Ca(2+) oscillation-regulated stomatal movements, and that de novo protein synthesis contributes to the maintenance of long-term Ca(2+)-programmed stomatal closure. ..