Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on antineoplastic agents in Bethesda, Maryland, United States
Locale: Bethesda, Maryland, United States
Topic: antineoplastic agents
Publications333 found, 100 shown here
- Shukla S, Schwartz C, Kapoor K, Kouanda A, Ambudkar S. Use of baculovirus BacMam vectors for expression of ABC drug transporters in mammalian cells. Drug Metab Dispos. 2012;40:304-12 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data demonstrate that the BacMam-baculovirus-based expression system can be used to simultaneously study the transport function and biochemical properties of ABC transporters. ..
- Akintoye S, Chebli C, Booher S, Feuillan P, Kushner H, LeRoith D, et al. Characterization of gsp-mediated growth hormone excess in the context of McCune-Albright syndrome. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2002;87:5104-12 pubmed
- Huang H, Menefee M, Edgerly M, Zhuang S, Kotz H, Poruchynsky M, et al. A phase II clinical trial of ixabepilone (Ixempra; BMS-247550; NSC 710428), an epothilone B analog, in patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma. Clin Cancer Res. 2010;16:1634-41 pubmed publisher..Ixabepilone can cause tumor regression in some patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma and could be considered in combination regimens with other therapies. ..
- Arnaldez F, Helman L. Targeting the insulin growth factor receptor 1. Hematol Oncol Clin North Am. 2012;26:527-42, vii-viii pubmed publisher..This article reviews the role of the IGF axis in the initiation and progression of cancer, and describes the recent advances in IGF inhibition as a therapeutic tool. ..
- de Lima M, Porter D, Battiwalla M, Bishop M, Giralt S, Hardy N, et al. Proceedings from the National Cancer Institute's Second International Workshop on the Biology, Prevention, and Treatment of Relapse After Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation: part III. Prevention and treatment of relapse after allogeneic transpla. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2014;20:4-13 pubmed publisher
- Cole G, Alleva A, Reddy R, Maxhimer J, Zuo J, Schrump D, et al. The selective epidermal growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitor PD153035 suppresses expression of prometastasis phenotypes in malignant pleural mesothelioma cells in vitro. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2005;129:1010-7 pubmed..Inhibition of epidermal growth factor receptor-dependent signaling might be a useful strategy to diminish malignant pleural mesothelioma recurrence after aggressive cytoreductive surgery. ..
- Klion A, Robyn J, Maric I, Fu W, Schmid L, Lemery S, et al. Relapse following discontinuation of imatinib mesylate therapy for FIP1L1/PDGFRA-positive chronic eosinophilic leukemia: implications for optimal dosing. Blood. 2007;110:3552-6 pubmed..This trial was registered at http://www.clinicaltrials.gov as no. NCT00044304. ..
- Berrington de Gonzalez A, Curtis R, Gilbert E, Berg C, Smith S, Stovall M, et al. Second solid cancers after radiotherapy for breast cancer in SEER cancer registries. Br J Cancer. 2010;102:220-6 pubmed publisher..Most second solid cancers in breast cancer survivors are not related to radiotherapy. ..
- Warren K, Gururangan S, Geyer J, McLendon R, Poussaint T, Wallace D, et al. A phase II study of O6-benzylguanine and temozolomide in pediatric patients with recurrent or progressive high-grade gliomas and brainstem gliomas: a Pediatric Brain Tumor Consortium study. J Neurooncol. 2012;106:643-9 pubmed publisher..The combination of O6BG and TMZ did not achieve the target response rate for activity in pediatric patients with recurrent or progressive HGG and BSG. ..
- Reinhold W, Sunshine M, Liu H, Varma S, Kohn K, Morris J, et al. CellMiner: a web-based suite of genomic and pharmacologic tools to explore transcript and drug patterns in the NCI-60 cell line set. Cancer Res. 2012;72:3499-511 pubmed publisher..CellMiner greatly broadens applications of the extensive NCI-60 database for discovery by creating web-based processes that are rapid, flexible, and readily applied by users without bioinformatics expertise. ..
- Kedei N, Telek A, Michalowski A, Kraft M, Li W, Poudel Y, et al. Comparison of transcriptional response to phorbol ester, bryostatin 1, and bryostatin analogs in LNCaP and U937 cancer cell lines provides insight into their differential mechanism of action. Biochem Pharmacol. 2013;85:313-24 pubmed publisher
- Lee H, Lee N, Grimes B, Samoshkin A, Kononenko A, Bansal R, et al. A new assay for measuring chromosome instability (CIN) and identification of drugs that elevate CIN in cancer cells. BMC Cancer. 2013;13:252 pubmed publisher..The identification of new compounds that increase chromosome mis-segregation rates should expedite the development of new therapeutic strategies to target the CIN phenotype in cancer cells. ..
- Cordes L, Gulley J. Avelumab for the treatment of metastatic Merkel cell carcinoma. Drugs Today (Barc). 2017;53:377-383 pubmed publisher..Serious treatment-related adverse events were reported in 5 patients (6%), but no grade 4 adverse events or treatment-related deaths were reported. Preliminary data evaluating avelumab in chemotherapy-naive patients is also encouraging. ..
- Sausville E, Johnson J, Alley M, Zaharevitz D, Senderowicz A. Inhibition of CDKs as a therapeutic modality. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2000;910:207-21; discussion 221-2 pubmed..Further studies with CDK inhibitors should define the expected end point of CDK inhibition more clearly in preclinical models and clinical systems, including cytostasis, apoptosis, or differentiation. ..
- Liang X, Shen D, Garfield S, Gottesman M. Mislocalization of membrane proteins associated with multidrug resistance in cisplatin-resistant cancer cell lines. Cancer Res. 2003;63:5909-16 pubmed..The reduced accumulation of cytotoxic compounds in the KB-CP cells is presumed to result from the failure of carrier proteins and/or transporters to localize to the plasma membrane. ..
- Kudo Saito C, Schlom J, Hodge J. Intratumoral vaccination and diversified subcutaneous/ intratumoral vaccination with recombinant poxviruses encoding a tumor antigen and multiple costimulatory molecules. Clin Cancer Res. 2004;10:1090-9 pubmed..These studies demonstrate that the diversified vaccine regimens that consisted of s.c. prime and i.t. boosts with CEA/TRICOM vectors could induce antitumor therapy superior to that seen by either route alone. ..
- Kummar S, Gutierrez M, Gardner E, Chen X, Figg W, Zajac Kaye M, et al. Phase I trial of 17-dimethylaminoethylamino-17-demethoxygeldanamycin (17-DMAG), a heat shock protein inhibitor, administered twice weekly in patients with advanced malignancies. Eur J Cancer. 2010;46:340-7 pubmed publisher..DLTs were peripheral neuropathy and renal dysfunction. Expression of Hsp70 mRNA in PBMCs was highly variable. Twice-weekly i.v. infusion of 17-DMAG is well tolerated, and combination phase I studies are warranted. ..
- Zhu W, Zhu D, Madan R, Gulley J, Figg W, Dahut W. Treatment of castration-resistant prostate cancer: updates on therapeutics targeting the androgen receptor signaling pathway. Am J Ther. 2010;17:176-81 pubmed publisher..This review summarizes the development of novel therapies based on current insights into AR signaling pathways in castration-resistant prostate cancer. ..
- Rubinstein L, Steinberg S, Kummar S, Kinders R, Parchment R, Murgo A, et al. The statistics of phase 0 trials. Stat Med. 2010;29:1072-6 pubmed publisher..The phase 0 trial promises to become an increasingly important tool for facilitating and speeding the development of new therapeutic agents, particularly in oncology. ..
- Memmott R, Mercado J, Maier C, Kawabata S, Fox S, Dennis P. Metformin prevents tobacco carcinogen--induced lung tumorigenesis. Cancer Prev Res (Phila). 2010;3:1066-76 pubmed publisher..These studies show that metformin prevents tobacco carcinogen-induced lung tumorigenesis and support clinical testing of metformin as a chemopreventive agent. ..
- Lewis A, Dreher M, O Byrne V, Grey D, Caine M, Dunn A, et al. DC BeadM1â„¢: towards an optimal transcatheter hepatic tumour therapy. J Mater Sci Mater Med. 2016;27:13 pubmed publisher..This study indicates that the smaller (70-150 Î¼m) beads should permit an increased dose of drug to be administered to both hypervascular and hypovascular tumours as compared to 100-300 Âµm beads. ..
- Wang J, Liu M, Yang C, Wu X, Wang E, Liu P. HPLC method development, validation, and impurity characterization of a potent antitumor indenoisoquinoline, LMP776 (NSC 725776). J Pharm Biomed Anal. 2016;124:267-273 pubmed publisher..9999), accuracy (recovery 98.6-100.4%), precision (RSD ≤ 1.4%), and sensitivity (LOD 0.13 μg/mL). The validated method was used in the stability study of the LMP776 drug substance in conformance with the ICH Q1A (R2) guideline. ..
- Huh J, Calvo A, Stafford J, Cheung M, Kumar R, Philp D, et al. Inhibition of VEGF receptors significantly impairs mammary cancer growth in C3(1)/Tag transgenic mice through antiangiogenic and non-antiangiogenic mechanisms. Oncogene. 2005;24:790-800 pubmed
- Dunn B, Agurs Collins T, Browne D, Lubet R, Johnson K. Health disparities in breast cancer: biology meets socioeconomic status. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2010;121:281-92 pubmed publisher..We will attempt to clarify some of the issues, including risk factors, in terms of their contribution to that component of health disparities that involves biological differences in breast cancer between women of AA and white women. ..
- Lim K, Yang Y, Staudt L. Pathogenetic importance and therapeutic implications of NF-?B in lymphoid malignancies. Immunol Rev. 2012;246:359-78 pubmed publisher..Fortunately, a number of drugs that block signaling cascades leading to NF-?B are in early phase clinical trials, several of which are already showing activity in lymphoid malignancies. ..
- Bates S, Chen C, Robey R, Kang M, Figg W, Fojo T. Reversal of multidrug resistance: lessons from clinical oncology. Novartis Found Symp. 2002;243:83-96; discussion 96-102, 180-5 pubmed..Using third generation Pgp antagonists and properly designed clinical trials, it should be possible to determine the contribution of modulators to the reversal of clinical drug resistance. ..
- Dudley M, Yang J, Sherry R, Hughes M, Royal R, Kammula U, et al. Adoptive cell therapy for patients with metastatic melanoma: evaluation of intensive myeloablative chemoradiation preparative regimens. J Clin Oncol. 2008;26:5233-9 pubmed publisher..Host lymphodepletion followed by autologous TIL transfer and IL-2 results in objective response rates of 50% to 70% in patients with metastatic melanoma refractory to standard therapies. ..
- Rao V, Klein S, Bonar S, Zielonka J, Mizuno N, Dickey J, et al. The antioxidant transcription factor Nrf2 negatively regulates autophagy and growth arrest induced by the anticancer redox agent mitoquinone. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:34447-59 pubmed publisher..Keap1 and Nrf2 act as redox sensors for oxidative perturbations that lead to autophagy. MitoQ and similar compounds should be further evaluated for novel anticancer activity. ..
- Panaro N, Popescu N, Harris S, Thorgeirsson U. Flavone acetic acid induces a G2/M cell cycle arrest in mammary carcinoma cells. Br J Cancer. 1999;80:1905-11 pubmed..Based on these data, we propose that FAA may induce cell cycle arrest by stimulating the activity of acidic sphingomyelinase leading to the generation of reactive oxygen species. ..
- Blagosklonny M. Treatment with inhibitors of caspases, that are substrates of drug transporters, selectively permits chemotherapy-induced apoptosis in multidrug-resistant cells but protects normal cells. Leukemia. 2001;15:936-41 pubmed..Clinical application of this approach may diminish the toxic side-effects of chemotherapy in patients with multidrug-resistant tumors. ..
- Grover A, Libutti S, Pingpank J, Helsabeck C, Beresnev T, Alexander H. Isolated hepatic perfusion for the treatment of patients with advanced liver metastases from pancreatic and gastrointestinal neuroendocrine neoplasms. Surgery. 2004;136:1176-82 pubmed..For patients with advanced LM from NENs, IHP provides a reasonable response rate and duration with acceptable morbidity; continued clinical evaluation is important. ..
- Beck K, Blansfield J, Tran K, Feldman A, Hughes M, Royal R, et al. Enterocolitis in patients with cancer after antibody blockade of cytotoxic T-lymphocyte-associated antigen 4. J Clin Oncol. 2006;24:2283-9 pubmed..0065 for MM and P = .0016 for RCC). CTLA4 seems to be a significant component of tolerance to tumor and in protection against immune mediated enterocolitis and these phenomena are significantly associated in cancer patients. ..
- Gril B, Palmieri D, Bronder J, Herring J, Vega Valle E, Feigenbaum L, et al. Effect of lapatinib on the outgrowth of metastatic breast cancer cells to the brain. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2008;100:1092-103 pubmed publisher..001). Lapatinib is the first HER2-directed drug to be validated in a preclinical model for activity against brain metastases of breast cancer. ..
- Okabe M, Szakacs G, Reimers M, Suzuki T, Hall M, Abe T, et al. Profiling SLCO and SLC22 genes in the NCI-60 cancer cell lines to identify drug uptake transporters. Mol Cancer Ther. 2008;7:3081-91 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that the gene expression database can be used to identify SLCO and SLC22 family members that confer sensitivity to cancer cells. ..
- Vichaya E, Molkentine J, Vermeer D, Walker A, Feng R, Holder G, et al. Sickness behavior induced by cisplatin chemotherapy and radiotherapy in a murine head and neck cancer model is associated with altered mitochondrial gene expression. Behav Brain Res. 2016;297:241-50 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that targeting mitochondrial dysfunction following cancer and cancer therapy may be a strategy for prevention of cancer-related symptoms. ..
- Nogales V, Reinhold W, Varma S, Martinez Cardus A, Moutinho C, Moran S, et al. Epigenetic inactivation of the putative DNA/RNA helicase SLFN11 in human cancer confers resistance to platinum drugs. Oncotarget. 2016;7:3084-97 pubmed publisher..Overall, these results identify SLFN11 epigenetic inactivation as a predictor of resistance to platinum drugs in human cancer. ..
- Gao Z, Jacobson K. Emerging adenosine receptor agonists. Expert Opin Emerg Drugs. 2007;12:479-92 pubmed..The present review will mainly cover the agonists that are presently in clinical trials for various conditions and only a brief introduction will be given to major chemical classes of AR agonists presently under investigation. ..
- Kreisl T, Kim L, Moore K, Duic P, Royce C, Stroud I, et al. Phase II trial of single-agent bevacizumab followed by bevacizumab plus irinotecan at tumor progression in recurrent glioblastoma. J Clin Oncol. 2009;27:740-5 pubmed publisher..We conclude that single-agent bevacizumab has significant biologic and antiglioma activity in patients with recurrent glioblastoma. ..
- Hance K, Rogers C, Zaharoff D, Canter D, Schlom J, Greiner J. The antitumor and immunoadjuvant effects of IFN-alpha in combination with recombinant poxvirus vaccines. Clin Cancer Res. 2009;15:2387-96 pubmed publisher..This study provides the rationale and mechanistic insights to support a clinical trial of this immunotherapeutic strategy in patients with CEA-expressing carcinomas. ..
- Kelly R, Rixe O. Axitinib--a selective inhibitor of the vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) receptor. Target Oncol. 2009;4:297-305 pubmed publisher..Ongoing Phase III studies in pancreatic and metastatic renal cell carcinoma should help to determine the optimum utilization of these agents at the appropriate stage of disease. ..
- Boccia R, Gordan L, Clark G, Howell J, Grunberg S. Efficacy and tolerability of transdermal granisetron for the control of chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting associated with moderately and highly emetogenic multi-day chemotherapy: a randomized, double-blind, phase III study. Support Care Cancer. 2011;19:1609-17 pubmed publisher..This double-blind, phase III, non-inferiority study compared the efficacy and tolerability of the GTDS to daily oral granisetron for the control of chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting (CINV)...
- Horváth B, Mukhopadhyay P, Kechrid M, Patel V, Tanchian G, Wink D, et al. ?-Caryophyllene ameliorates cisplatin-induced nephrotoxicity in a cannabinoid 2 receptor-dependent manner. Free Radic Biol Med. 2012;52:1325-33 pubmed publisher..Given the excellent safety profile of BCP in humans it has tremendous therapeutic potential in a multitude of diseases associated with inflammation and oxidative stress. ..
- Prabhakar U, Maeda H, Jain R, Sevick Muraca E, Zamboni W, Farokhzad O, et al. Challenges and key considerations of the enhanced permeability and retention effect for nanomedicine drug delivery in oncology. Cancer Res. 2013;73:2412-7 pubmed publisher..This report summarizes the workshop discussions on key issues of the EPR effect and major gaps that need to be addressed to effectively advance nanoparticle-based drug delivery. ..
- Xia M, Huang R, Sakamuru S, Alcorta D, Cho M, Lee D, et al. Identification of repurposed small molecule drugs for chordoma therapy. Cancer Biol Ther. 2013;14:638-47 pubmed publisher..Our results provide information useful for repurposing currently approved drugs for chordoma and potential approach of combination therapy. ..
- Chen A, Setser A, Anadkat M, Cotliar J, Olsen E, Garden B, et al. Grading dermatologic adverse events of cancer treatments: the Common Terminology Criteria for Adverse Events Version 4.0. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2012;67:1025-39 pubmed publisher..A proper understanding of this standardized classification system is essential for dermatologists to properly communicate with all physicians caring for patients with cancer. ..
- Pommier Y, Pourquier P, Fan Y, Strumberg D. Mechanism of action of eukaryotic DNA topoisomerase I and drugs targeted to the enzyme. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1998;1400:83-105 pubmed..Because of the importance of topoisomerase I as a chemotherapeutic target, we review the mechanisms of action of camptothecins and the other topoisomerase I inhibitors identified to date. ..
- Vira M, Novakovic K, Pinto P, Linehan W. Genetic basis of kidney cancer: a model for developing molecular-targeted therapies. BJU Int. 2007;99:1223-9 pubmed
- Salgaller M, Liau L. Current status of clinical trials for glioblastoma. Rev Recent Clin Trials. 2006;1:265-81 pubmed..This article summarizes the preclinical proof-of-concept research and human studies involving some of the agents creating the most positive buzz in the medical community. The advantages and limitations of each are described. ..
- Chen H, Cleck J. Adverse effects of anticancer agents that target the VEGF pathway. Nat Rev Clin Oncol. 2009;6:465-77 pubmed publisher..The potential mechanisms of the adverse effects, risk factors, and the implications for selection of patients and management are discussed. ..
- Switzer C, Cheng R, Vitek T, Christensen D, Wink D, Vitek M. Targeting SET/I(2)PP2A oncoprotein functions as a multi-pathway strategy for cancer therapy. Oncogene. 2011;30:2504-13 pubmed publisher..These results establish SET as a novel molecular target and that the inhibition of SET may have beneficial effects in cancer chemotherapy. ..
- Tamaki A, Ierano C, Szakacs G, Robey R, Bates S. The controversial role of ABC transporters in clinical oncology. Essays Biochem. 2011;50:209-32 pubmed publisher..We discuss the challenges that remain in our effort to exploit decades of work on ABC transporters in oncology. In learning from past mistakes, it is hoped that ABC transporters can be developed as targets for clinical intervention. ..
- Dickey J, Rao V. Current and proposed biomarkers of anthracycline cardiotoxicity in cancer: emerging opportunities in oxidative damage and autophagy. Curr Mol Med. 2012;12:763-71 pubmed
- Peer C, Goey A, Sissung T, Erlich S, Lee M, Tomita Y, et al. UGT1A1 genotype-dependent dose adjustment of belinostat in patients with advanced cancers using population pharmacokinetic modeling and simulation. J Clin Pharmacol. 2016;56:450-60 pubmed publisher..In addition, global protein lysine acetylation was modeled with PK and demonstrated a reversible belinostat exposure/response relationship, consistent with previous reports. ..
- Patel V, Senderowicz A, Pinto D, Igishi T, Raffeld M, Quintanilla Martinez L, et al. Flavopiridol, a novel cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor, suppresses the growth of head and neck squamous cell carcinomas by inducing apoptosis. J Clin Invest. 1998;102:1674-81 pubmed..Our data indicate that flavopiridol exerts antitumor activity in HNSCC, and thus it can be considered a suitable candidate drug for testing in the treatment of refractory carcinomas of the head and neck. ..
- Li Q, Yunmbam M, Zhong X, Yu J, Mimnaugh E, Neckers L, et al. Lactacystin enhances cisplatin sensitivity in resistant human ovarian cancer cell lines via inhibition of DNA repair and ERCC-1 expression. Cell Mol Biol (Noisy-le-grand). 2001;47 Online Pub:OL61-72 pubmed
- Nguyen D, Schrump D. Growth factor receptors as targets for lung cancer therapy. Semin Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2004;16:3-12 pubmed
- Lorenzi P, Reinhold W, Rudelius M, Gunsior M, Shankavaram U, Bussey K, et al. Asparagine synthetase as a causal, predictive biomarker for L-asparaginase activity in ovarian cancer cells. Mol Cancer Ther. 2006;5:2613-23 pubmed..Overall, this pharmacogenomic/pharmacoproteomic study suggests the use of l-ASP for treatment of a subset of ovarian cancers (and perhaps other tumor types), with ASNS as a biomarker for patient selection. ..
- Fox J, Myung K. Cell-based high-throughput screens for the discovery of chemotherapeutic agents. Oncotarget. 2012;3:581-5 pubmed..Here we discuss the ATAD5- luciferase assay and expand upon the value of HTS in identifying other potential cancer drugs, focusing on cell-based assays that involve DNA damage or repair pathways. ..
- Hodge J, Garnett C, Farsaci B, Palena C, Tsang K, Ferrone S, et al. Chemotherapy-induced immunogenic modulation of tumor cells enhances killing by cytotoxic T lymphocytes and is distinct from immunogenic cell death. Int J Cancer. 2013;133:624-36 pubmed publisher..These observations are distinct and complementary to ICD and highlight a mechanism whereby chemotherapy can be used in combination with immunotherapy. ..
- Hamilton D, Huang B, Fernando R, Tsang K, Palena C. WEE1 inhibition alleviates resistance to immune attack of tumor cells undergoing epithelial-mesenchymal transition. Cancer Res. 2014;74:2510-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, our findings suggested that reconstituting CDK1 activity to threshold levels may be sufficient to restore immunosurveillance of mesenchymal-like cancer cells that have escaped previous immune detection or eradication. ..
- Marshall J, Collins J, Nakayama J, Horak C, Liewehr D, Steinberg S, et al. Effect of inhibition of the lysophosphatidic acid receptor 1 on metastasis and metastatic dormancy in breast cancer. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2012;104:1306-19 pubmed publisher..The data identify Debio-0719 as a drug candidate with metastasis suppressor activity, inducing dormancy at secondary tumor sites. ..
- Gills J, Zhang C, Abu Asab M, Castillo S, Marceau C, LoPiccolo J, et al. Ceramide mediates nanovesicle shedding and cell death in response to phosphatidylinositol ether lipid analogs and perifosine. Cell Death Dis. 2012;3:e340 pubmed publisher..These results indicate ceramide generation underlies the Akt inhibition and cytotoxicity of this group of agents, and suggests nanovesicle shedding and uptake might potentially propagate their cytotoxicity in vivo. ..
- Doussau A, Geoerger B, Jimenez I, Paoletti X. Innovations for phase I dose-finding designs in pediatric oncology clinical trials. Contemp Clin Trials. 2016;47:217-27 pubmed publisher..Third, designs accounting for toxicity evaluation at repeated cycles in pediatric oncology. In addition to this overview, we propose some further directions for designing pediatric dose-finding trials. ..
- Kreitman R, Stetler Stevenson M, Margulies I, Noel P, FitzGerald D, Wilson W, et al. Phase II trial of recombinant immunotoxin RFB4(dsFv)-PE38 (BL22) in patients with hairy cell leukemia. J Clin Oncol. 2009;27:2983-90 pubmed publisher..To conduct a phase II trial in chemoresistant hairy cell leukemia (HCL) with BL22, a recombinant anti-CD22 immunotoxin which showed phase I activity in HCL...
- Shen D, Ma J, Okabe M, Zhang G, Xia D, Gottesman M. Elevated expression of TMEM205, a hypothetical membrane protein, is associated with cisplatin resistance. J Cell Physiol. 2010;225:822-8 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that a novel mechanism for cisplatin resistance is mediated by TMEM205, and also suggest that overexpression of TMEM205 in CP-r cells may be valuable as a biomarker or target in cancer chemotherapy. ..
- Rudek M, Horne M, Figg W, Dahut W, Dyer V, Pluda J, et al. Reversible sideroblastic anemia associated with the tetracycline analogue COL-3. Am J Hematol. 2001;67:51-3 pubmed..Three of these patients had bone marrow examinations that revealed ringed sideroblasts. This paper describes these cases. Am. J. Hematol. 67:51-53, 2001. Published 2001 Wiley-Liss, Inc. ..
- Liu S, Aaronson H, Mitola D, Leppla S, Bugge T. Potent antitumor activity of a urokinase-activated engineered anthrax toxin. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:657-62 pubmed..This tumoricidal activity depended strictly on tumor cell-surface plasminogen activation. The data show that a simple change of protease activation specificity converts anthrax toxin from a highly lethal to a potent tumoricidal agent. ..
- Baskar S, Muthusamy N. Antibody-based therapeutics for the treatment of human B cell malignancies. Curr Allergy Asthma Rep. 2013;13:33-43 pubmed publisher..This review describes recent advancements in some of these adoptive immunotherapeutic strategies targeting B cell malignancies. ..
- Komlodi Pasztor E, Trostel S, Sackett D, Poruchynsky M, Fojo T. Impaired p53 binding to importin: a novel mechanism of cytoplasmic sequestration identified in oxaliplatin-resistant cells. Oncogene. 2009;28:3111-20 pubmed publisher..We also identified impaired association with importin as a novel mechanism of p53 cytoplasmic sequestration that impairs nuclear transport rendering cells functionally deficient in p53. ..
- Prickett T, Agrawal N, Wei X, Yates K, Lin J, Wunderlich J, et al. Analysis of the tyrosine kinome in melanoma reveals recurrent mutations in ERBB4. Nat Genet. 2009;41:1127-32 pubmed publisher..These studies could lead to personalized therapeutics specifically targeting the kinases that are mutationally altered in individual melanomas. ..
- Amable L. Cisplatin resistance and opportunities for precision medicine. Pharmacol Res. 2016;106:27-36 pubmed publisher..Additionally, known polymorphisms for each biomarker will be discussed in relation to their influence on cisplatin resistance. ..
- Anderson L, Strong J, Cysyk R. Cellular pharmacology of DUP-785, a new anticancer agent. Cancer Commun. 1989;1:381-7 pubmed..Exposure of L1210 cells to 15 microM DUP-785 produced a maximum cell kill (99.9% as determined by cloning efficiency) at 24 hr, and no increase in cell kill was observed with drug exposure up to 96 hr. ..
- Warren K, Bent R, Wolters P, Prager A, Hanson R, Packer R, et al. A phase 2 study of pegylated interferon Î±-2b (PEG-Intron(Â®)) in children with diffuse intrinsic pontine glioma. Cancer. 2012;118:3607-13 pubmed publisher..Although low-dose PEG-Intron(Â®) therapy did not significantly improve 2-year survival in children with DIPG compared with an historic control population, it did delay the time to progression. ..
- Beusterien K, Szabo S, Kotapati S, Mukherjee J, Hoos A, Hersey P, et al. Societal preference values for advanced melanoma health states in the United Kingdom and Australia. Br J Cancer. 2009;101:387-9 pubmed publisher..Preferences decreased with reduced treatment responsiveness and with increasing toxicity. These general population utilities can be incorporated into treatment-specific cost-effectiveness evaluations. ..
- Pan J, Li D, Xu Y, Zhang J, Wang Y, Chen M, et al. Inhibition of Bcl-2/xl With ABT-263 Selectively Kills Senescent Type II Pneumocytes and Reverses Persistent Pulmonary Fibrosis Induced by Ionizing Radiation in Mice. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2017;99:353-361 pubmed publisher..Therefore, ABT-263 has the potential to be developed as a new treatment for PF. ..
- Blagosklonny M, Dixon S, Robey R, Figg W. Resistance to growth inhibitory and apoptotic effects of phorbol ester and UCN-01 in aggressive cancer cell lines. Int J Oncol. 2001;18:697-704 pubmed..2 nM) and UCN-01. In PrEC, UCN-01 downregulated cyclin D1 and arrest growth with an IC50 less than 100 nM. We conclude that loss of sensitivity to either UCN-01 or PMA accompanies progression of prostate cancer. ..
- Schmidt M, Bies J, Tamura T, Ozato K, Wolff L. The interferon regulatory factor ICSBP/IRF-8 in combination with PU.1 up-regulates expression of tumor suppressor p15(Ink4b) in murine myeloid cells. Blood. 2004;103:4142-9 pubmed
- Shen D, Liang X, Gawinowicz M, Gottesman M. Identification of cytoskeletal [14C]carboplatin-binding proteins reveals reduced expression and disorganization of actin and filamin in cisplatin-resistant cell lines. Mol Pharmacol. 2004;66:789-93 pubmed
- Kelly R, Robey R, Chen C, DRAPER D, Luchenko V, Barnett D, et al. A pharmacodynamic study of the P-glycoprotein antagonist CBT-1® in combination with paclitaxel in solid tumors. Oncologist. 2012;17:512 pubmed publisher..This pharmacodynamic study demonstrated that CBT-1®, inhibits Pgp-mediated efflux from PBMCs and normal liver. ..
- Abi Jaoudeh N, Duffy A, Greten T, Kohn E, Clark T, Wood B. Personalized oncology in interventional radiology. J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2013;24:1083-92; quiz 1093 pubmed publisher..Several mutations and key markers already have been introduced into standard oncologic practice. A broader understanding of personalized oncology will help interventionalists play a greater role in therapy selection and discovery. ..
- Li Z, Thiele C. Targeting Akt to increase the sensitivity of neuroblastoma to chemotherapy: lessons learned from the brain-derived neurotrophic factor/TrkB signal transduction pathway. Expert Opin Ther Targets. 2007;11:1611-21 pubmed..Several classes of Akt inhibitors, including phosphatidylinositol ether lipid analogs, alkylphospholipid analogs, allosteric Akt kinase inhibitors, HSP90 inhibitor and HIV protease inhibitors are discussed. ..
- Harlan L, Zujewski J, Goodman M, Stevens J. Breast cancer in men in the United States: a population-based study of diagnosis, treatment, and survival. Cancer. 2010;116:3558-68 pubmed publisher..However, their use did not result in a decrease in cancer mortality. Research must examine the efficacy of AIs with and without gonadotropin-releasing hormone analogues. ..
- Chen K, Valencia J, Gillet J, Hearing V, Gottesman M. Involvement of ABC transporters in melanogenesis and the development of multidrug resistance of melanoma. Pigment Cell Melanoma Res. 2009;22:740-9 pubmed publisher..The ABC-M model suggests molecular strategies to reverse MDR function in the context of the melanogenic pathway, which could open therapeutic avenues towards the ultimate goal of circumventing clinical MDR in patients with melanoma. ..
- Travis L, Curtis R, Storm H, Hall P, Holowaty E, van Leeuwen F, et al. Risk of second malignant neoplasms among long-term survivors of testicular cancer. J Natl Cancer Inst. 1997;89:1429-39 pubmed..Patterns of excess second cancers suggest that many factors may be involved, although the precise roles of treatment, natural history, diagnostic surveillance, and other influences are yet to be clarified. ..