Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on antineoplastic agents in Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Locale: Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Topic: antineoplastic agents
Publications249 found, 100 shown here
- Hann C, Daniel V, Sugar E, Dobromilskaya I, Murphy S, Cope L, et al. Therapeutic efficacy of ABT-737, a selective inhibitor of BCL-2, in small cell lung cancer. Cancer Res. 2008;68:2321-8 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data have specific implications for the clinical development of Bcl-2 inhibitors for SCLC and broader implications for the testing of novel anticancer strategies in relevant preclinical models. ..
- Fandy T, Shankar S, Srivastava R. Smac/DIABLO enhances the therapeutic potential of chemotherapeutic drugs and irradiation, and sensitizes TRAIL-resistant breast cancer cells. Mol Cancer. 2008;7:60 pubmed publisher..Thus, Smac/DIABLO agonists can be used as promising new candidates for cancer treatment by potentiating cytotoxic therapies. ..
- Sur S, Pagliarini R, Bunz F, Rago C, Diaz L, Kinzler K, et al. A panel of isogenic human cancer cells suggests a therapeutic approach for cancers with inactivated p53. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:3964-9 pubmed publisher..This hypothesis was validated by demonstrating that stressed cancer cells without WT TP53 alleles were highly sensitive to PLK1 inhibitors, both in vivo and in vitro. ..
- Sheng J, Movva S. Systemic Therapy for Advanced Soft Tissue Sarcoma. Surg Clin North Am. 2016;96:1141-56 pubmed publisher..Future studies on treatment of advanced soft tissue sarcoma will continue to concentrate on reducing toxicity, personalization of therapy, and targeting novel pathways. ..
- Karp J, Passaniti A, Gojo I, Kaufmann S, Bible K, Garimella T, et al. Phase I and pharmacokinetic study of flavopiridol followed by 1-beta-D-arabinofuranosylcytosine and mitoxantrone in relapsed and refractory adult acute leukemias. Clin Cancer Res. 2005;11:8403-12 pubmed..These findings warrant continuing development of flavopiridol at 50 mg/m2/d x 3 days in combination with cytotoxic and biological agents for acute leukemias. ..
- Pratz K, Sato T, Murphy K, Stine A, Rajkhowa T, Levis M. FLT3-mutant allelic burden and clinical status are predictive of response to FLT3 inhibitors in AML. Blood. 2010;115:1425-32 pubmed publisher..These results have important implications for the potential therapeutic use of FLT3 inhibitors in that patients with newly diagnosed FLT3-mutant AML might be less likely to respond clinically to highly selective FLT3 inhibition. ..
- Nelson D, Joseph B, Hillion J, Segal J, Karp J, Resar L. Flavopiridol induces BCL-2 expression and represses oncogenic transcription factors in leukemic blasts from adults with refractory acute myeloid leukemia. Leuk Lymphoma. 2011;52:1999-2006 pubmed publisher..Although further studies are needed, our findings also suggest that blocking anti-apoptotic pathways could enhance cytotoxicity with flavopiridol. ..
- Kwak M, Itoh K, Yamamoto M, Sutter T, Kensler T. Role of transcription factor Nrf2 in the induction of hepatic phase 2 and antioxidative enzymes in vivo by the cancer chemoprotective agent, 3H-1, 2-dimethiole-3-thione. Mol Med. 2001;7:135-45 pubmed..Knowledge of the factors controlling the specificity of actions of enzyme inducers will be exceedingly helpful in the design and isolation of more efficient and selective chemoprotective agents. ..
- Kwak M, Egner P, Dolan P, Ramos Gomez M, Groopman J, Itoh K, et al. Role of phase 2 enzyme induction in chemoprotection by dithiolethiones. Mutat Res. 2001;480-481:305-15 pubmed
- Cheong I, Huang X, Bettegowda C, Diaz L, Kinzler K, Zhou S, et al. A bacterial protein enhances the release and efficacy of liposomal cancer drugs. Science. 2006;314:1308-11 pubmed..This protein could potentially be incorporated into diverse experimental approaches for the specific delivery of chemotherapeutic agents to tumors. ..
- Xing M. BRAF mutation in papillary thyroid cancer: pathogenic role, molecular bases, and clinical implications. Endocr Rev. 2007;28:742-62 pubmed..With these advances, it has become clearer that BRAF mutation will likely have significant impact on the clinical management of PTC. ..
- Fandy T. Development of DNA methyltransferase inhibitors for the treatment of neoplastic diseases. Curr Med Chem. 2009;16:2075-85 pubmed
- Badros A. The role of maintenance therapy in the treatment of multiple myeloma. J Natl Compr Canc Netw. 2010;8 Suppl 1:S21-7 pubmed..Ongoing randomized trials are evaluating lenalidomide and bortezomib maintenance therapies to better define the role of these drugs as maintenance in multiple myeloma. ..
- Bruno R, Vasaitis T, Gediya L, Purushottamachar P, Godbole A, Ates Alagoz Z, et al. Synthesis and biological evaluations of putative metabolically stable analogs of VN/124-1 (TOK-001): head to head anti-tumor efficacy evaluation of VN/124-1 (TOK-001) and abiraterone in LAPC-4 human prostate cancer xenograft model. Steroids. 2011;76:1268-79 pubmed publisher..These studies further demonstrate the efficacy of 5 in a clinically relevant prostate cancer model and justify its current clinical development as a potential treatment of prostate cancer. ..
- Ma X, Kundu N, Collin P, Goloubeva O, Fulton A. Frondoside A inhibits breast cancer metastasis and antagonizes prostaglandin E receptors EP4 and EP2. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2012;132:1001-8 pubmed publisher..These studies add to the growing body of evidence that Frondoside A may be a promising new agent with potential to treat cancer and may also represent a potential new modality to antagonize EP4. ..
- Miljkovic M, Girotra M, Abraham R, Erlich R. Novel medical therapies of recurrent and metastatic gastroenteropancreatic neuroendocrine tumors. Dig Dis Sci. 2012;57:9-18 pubmed publisher..New cytotoxic agents, most notably temozolomide and capecitabine, are already in use, but their relative effectiveness compared to streptozocin in pancreatic NETs is yet to be determined. ..
- Huang Y, Kesselman D, Kizub D, Guerrero Preston R, Ratovitski E. Phospho-?Np63?/microRNA feedback regulation in squamous carcinoma cells upon cisplatin exposure. Cell Cycle. 2013;12:684-97 pubmed publisher..g., EZH2, CTBP1, HDACs, etc.) needed to repress promoters for microRNAs (181a-5p, 374a-5p and 519a-3p) in SCC cells exposed to cisplatin. ..
- Thakur M, Heilbrun L, Sheng S, Stein M, Liu G, Antonarakis E, et al. A phase II trial of ganetespib, a heat shock protein 90 Hsp90) inhibitor, in patients with docetaxel-pretreated metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer (CRPC)-a prostate cancer clinical trials consortium (PCCTC) study. Invest New Drugs. 2016;34:112-8 pubmed publisher..The true 6-month PFS rate was, at most, 0.20. Possible reasons for this include selection of a heavily pretreated patient population and lack of agent potency in patients with mCRPC. ..
- Engstrom C, Hernandez I, Haywood J, Lilenbaum R. The efficacy and cost effectiveness of new antiemetic guidelines. Oncol Nurs Forum. 1999;26:1453-8 pubmed..This must be performed to achieve cost effectiveness as well as useful clinical outcomes. ..
- Carducci M, Gilbert J, Bowling M, Noe D, Eisenberger M, Sinibaldi V, et al. A Phase I clinical and pharmacological evaluation of sodium phenylbutyrate on an 120-h infusion schedule. Clin Cancer Res. 2001;7:3047-55 pubmed..The DLT in this Phase I study for infusional PB given for 5 days every 21 days is neuro-cortical in nature. The recommended Phase II dose is 410 mg/kg/day for 120 h. ..
- Carson B, Wu Q, Tyler B, Sukay L, Raychaudhuri R, DiMeco F, et al. New approach to tumor therapy for inoperable areas of the brain: chronic intraparenchymal drug delivery. J Neurooncol. 2002;60:151-8 pubmed..5 cm in diameter. The results suggest that chronic low-flow infusions provide a promising approach to therapy for CNS lesions in tissues considered to be inoperable...
- Brodsky R, Jones R. Riddle: what do aplastic anemia, acute promyelocytic leukemia, and chronic myeloid leukemia have in common?. Leukemia. 2004;18:1740-2 pubmed
- Yang Z, Schumaker L, Egorin M, Zuhowski E, Guo Z, Cullen K. Cisplatin preferentially binds mitochondrial DNA and voltage-dependent anion channel protein in the mitochondrial membrane of head and neck squamous cell carcinoma: possible role in apoptosis. Clin Cancer Res. 2006;12:5817-25 pubmed..Cisplatin binding to nDNA is not necessary for induction of apoptosis in HNSCC, which can result from direct action of cisplatin on mitochondria. ..
- Fathi A, Karp J. New agents in acute myeloid leukemia: beyond cytarabine and anthracyclines. Curr Oncol Rep. 2009;11:346-52 pubmed
- Lee K, Zhang H, Qian D, Rey S, Liu J, Semenza G. Acriflavine inhibits HIF-1 dimerization, tumor growth, and vascularization. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:17910-5 pubmed publisher..These results provide proof of principle that small molecules can inhibit dimerization of HIF-1 and have potent inhibitory effects on tumor growth and vascularization. ..
- Platz E. Is prostate cancer prevention with selenium all in the genes?. Cancer Prev Res (Phila). 2010;3:576-8 pubmed publisher..These inferences point toward how to reconcile inconsistent prostate cancer risk results from the two randomized trials of selenium conducted to date. ..
- Natarajan K, Bhullar J, Shukla S, Burcu M, Chen Z, Ambudkar S, et al. The Pim kinase inhibitor SGI-1776 decreases cell surface expression of P-glycoprotein (ABCB1) and breast cancer resistance protein (ABCG2) and drug transport by Pim-1-dependent and -independent mechanisms. Biochem Pharmacol. 2013;85:514-24 pubmed publisher..Decrease in ABCB1 and ABCG2 cell surface expression mediated by Pim-1 inhibition represents a novel mechanism of chemosensitization. ..
- Thornton K, Chen A, Trucco M, Shah P, Wilky B, Gul N, et al. A dose-finding study of temsirolimus and liposomal doxorubicin for patients with recurrent and refractory bone and soft tissue sarcoma. Int J Cancer. 2013;133:997-1005 pubmed publisher..Co-administration with liposomal doxorubicin did not alter temsirolimus pharmacokinetics, but increased exposure to its active metabolite. ..
- Cohen K, Gibbs I, Fisher P, Hayashi R, Macy M, Gore L. A phase I trial of arsenic trioxide chemoradiotherapy for infiltrating astrocytomas of childhood. Neuro Oncol. 2013;15:783-7 pubmed publisher..The recommended dose of ATO during conventional irradiation is 0.15 mg/kg given on a daily basis with each fraction of radiation therapy administered. ..
- Carmignani M, Volpe A, Aldea M, Soritau O, Irimie A, Florian I, et al. Glioblastoma stem cells: a new target for metformin and arsenic trioxide. J Biol Regul Homeost Agents. 2014;28:1-15 pubmed..A prompt clinical assessment of metformin and ATO in glioblastoma patients would represent a valid attempt to improve their survival. ..
- Kwon E, Drake C, Scher H, Fizazi K, Bossi A, van den Eertwegh A, et al. Ipilimumab versus placebo after radiotherapy in patients with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer that had progressed after docetaxel chemotherapy (CA184-043): a multicentre, randomised, double-blind, phase 3 trial. Lancet Oncol. 2014;15:700-12 pubmed publisher..Our aim was to assess the use of ipilimumab after radiotherapy in patients with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer that progressed after docetaxel chemotherapy...
- Park J, Gandhi N, Carducci M, Eisenberger M, Baras A, Netto G, et al. A Retrospective Analysis of the Effect on Survival of Time from Diagnosis to Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy to Cystectomy for Muscle Invasive Bladder Cancer. J Urol. 2016;195:880-5 pubmed publisher..The timing of radical cystectomy in relation to muscle invasive bladder cancer diagnosis date does not significantly impact overall survival in patients with muscle invasive bladder cancer receiving neoadjuvant chemotherapy. ..
- Takaori K, Bassi C, Biankin A, Brunner T, Cataldo I, Campbell F, et al. International Association of Pancreatology (IAP)/European Pancreatic Club (EPC) consensus review of guidelines for the treatment of pancreatic cancer. Pancreatology. 2016;16:14-27 pubmed publisher..Improving the clinical management of patients with pancreatic cancer, will require continuing efforts to undertake research that will provide sufficient evidence to allow agreement. ..
- Yu J, Zhang L, Hwang P, Rago C, Kinzler K, Vogelstein B. Identification and classification of p53-regulated genes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:14517-22 pubmed..The results revealed substantial heterogeneity in the transcriptional responses to p53, even in cells derived from a single epithelial cell type, and pave the way to a deeper understanding of p53 tumor suppressor action. ..
- Cheng W, Hung C, Chai C, Hsu K, He L, Rice C, et al. Enhancement of Sindbis virus self-replicating RNA vaccine potency by linkage of Mycobacterium tuberculosis heat shock protein 70 gene to an antigen gene. J Immunol. 2001;166:6218-26 pubmed..This antitumor effect was dependent on NK cells and CD8(+) T cells. These results indicated that fusion of HSP70 to an Ag gene may greatly enhance the potency of self-replicating RNA vaccines. ..
- Phatak P, Cookson J, Dai F, Smith V, Gartenhaus R, Stevens M, et al. Telomere uncapping by the G-quadruplex ligand RHPS4 inhibits clonogenic tumour cell growth in vitro and in vivo consistent with a cancer stem cell targeting mechanism. Br J Cancer. 2007;96:1223-33 pubmed..Although single-agent RHPS4 had limited in vivo efficacy, a combination of RHPS4 with the mitotic spindle poison Taxol caused tumour remissions and further enhancement of telomere dysfunction. ..
- Hill J, Evans M. A novel R229Q OGG1 polymorphism results in a thermolabile enzyme that sensitizes KG-1 leukemia cells to DNA damaging agents. Cancer Detect Prev. 2007;31:237-43 pubmed..The R229Q OGG1 variant is a validated polymorphism prevalent in world populations and not an isolated mutation in KG-1 cells, thus the R229Q OGG1 allele may be a novel marker for cancer susceptibility. ..
- Jarow J, Thompson I, Kluetz P, Baxley J, Sridhara R, Scardino P, et al. Drug and device development for localized prostate cancer: report of a Food and Drug Administration/American Urological Association public workshop. Urology. 2014;83:975-8 pubmed publisher..FDA intends to develop a set of principles that can be used to promote the development of new products or devices for the treatment of this disease. ..
- Bachman K, Sager J, Cheong I, Catto M, Bardelli A, Park B, et al. Identification of compounds that inhibit growth of 2-amino-1-methyl-6-phenylimidazo(4,5-b)pyridine-resistant cancer cells. Mol Cancer Ther. 2005;4:1026-30 pubmed..These compounds may prove useful for the treatment or prevention of gastrointestinal tumors arising after exposure to PhIP and related carcinogens. ..
- Baatar D, Olkhanud P, Newton D, Sumitomo K, Biragyn A. CCR4-expressing T cell tumors can be specifically controlled via delivery of toxins to chemokine receptors. J Immunol. 2007;179:1996-2004 pubmed..Taken together, this work represents a novel concept that may allow control of growth and dissemination of tumors that use chemokine receptors to metastasize and circumvent immunosurveillance. ..
- Kato Y, Yoshimura K, Shin T, Verheul H, Hammers H, Sanni T, et al. Synergistic in vivo antitumor effect of the histone deacetylase inhibitor MS-275 in combination with interleukin 2 in a murine model of renal cell carcinoma. Clin Cancer Res. 2007;13:4538-46 pubmed..In conclusion, these preclinical data provide the rationale for clinical testing of the combination of IL-2 and HDAC inhibitors in the treatment of patients with renal cell carcinoma. ..
- Faden R, Chalkidou K, Appleby J, Waters H, Leider J. Expensive cancer drugs: a comparison between the United States and the United Kingdom. Milbank Q. 2009;87:789-819 pubmed publisher..Both systems face common ethical, financial, organizational, and priority-setting challenges in making these decisions. ..
- Roh J, Kang S, Minn I, Califano J, Sidransky D, Koch W. p53-Reactivating small molecules induce apoptosis and enhance chemotherapeutic cytotoxicity in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. Oral Oncol. 2011;47:8-15 pubmed publisher..The p53RA small molecules effectively restored p53 tumor-suppressive function in HNSCCs with mutant or wild-type TP53. The p53RA agents may be clinically useful against HNSCC, in combination with chemotherapeutic drugs. ..
- Gaston Johansson F, Fall Dickson J, Nanda J, Sarenmalm E, Browall M, Goldstein N. Long-term effect of the self-management comprehensive coping strategy program on quality of life in patients with breast cancer treated with high-dose chemotherapy. Psychooncology. 2013;22:530-9 pubmed publisher..The CCSP improved QOL for patients at 1-year follow-up. Patients overwhelmingly reported that CCSP was beneficial. The CCSP as an effective coping intervention has potential as a self-management program for breast cancer survivors. ..
- Ganapathy Kanniappan S, Kunjithapatham R, Geschwind J. Anticancer efficacy of the metabolic blocker 3-bromopyruvate: specific molecular targeting. Anticancer Res. 2013;33:13-20 pubmed..In this review, we highlight the mechanistic characteristics of 3-bromopyruvate and discuss its potential for translation into the clinic. ..
- Duong V, Jaglal M, Zhang L, Kale V, Lancet J, Komrokji R, et al. Phase II pilot study of oral dasatinib in patients with higher-risk myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS) who failed conventional therapy. Leuk Res. 2013;37:300-4 pubmed publisher..Among 18 patients treated, 3 responded, 4 had stable disease, and 10 experienced disease progression. Toxicities were limited and consistent with previous reports. Dasatinib appears to be safe but with limited efficacy. ..
- Gojo I, Perl A, Luger S, Baer M, Norsworthy K, Bauer K, et al. Phase I study of UCN-01 and perifosine in patients with relapsed and refractory acute leukemias and high-risk myelodysplastic syndrome. Invest New Drugs. 2013;31:1217-27 pubmed publisher..No objective responses were observed on this study. UCN-01 and perifosine can be safely administered, but this regimen lacked clinical efficacy. This approach may have failed because of insufficient Akt inhibition in vivo. ..
- Gilkes D, Semenza G. Role of hypoxia-inducible factors in breast cancer metastasis. Future Oncol. 2013;9:1623-36 pubmed publisher..Drugs, such as digoxin, show the potential therapeutic effects of blocking HIF activity by decreasing primary tumor growth, vascularization, invasion and metastasis in animal models of breast cancer. ..
- Chung C, Rudek M, Kang H, Marur S, John P, Tsottles N, et al. A phase I study afatinib/carboplatin/paclitaxel induction chemotherapy followed by standard chemoradiation in HPV-negative or high-risk HPV-positive locally advanced stage III/IVa/IVb head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. Oral Oncol. 2016;53:54-9 pubmed publisher..Combination of afatinib at doses higher than 20mg with carboplatin and paclitaxel should be administered with caution due to the toxicities. ..
- Ettinger D, Finkelstein D, Abeloff M, Skeel R, Stott P, Frontiera M, et al. Justification for evaluating new anticancer drugs in selected untreated patients with extensive-stage small-cell lung cancer: an Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group randomized study. J Natl Cancer Inst. 1992;84:1077-84 pubmed..The data do suggest, however, that use of this study design may have no adverse effect on survival. ..
- Burton N, Kensler T, Guilarte T. In vivo modulation of the Parkinsonian phenotype by Nrf2. Neurotoxicology. 2006;27:1094-100 pubmed..The in vivo activation of the Nrf2 pathway in the brain may be an important strategy to mitigate the effects of oxidative stress in neurodegenerative disorders and neurological disease. ..
- Serafini P, Meckel K, Kelso M, Noonan K, Califano J, Koch W, et al. Phosphodiesterase-5 inhibition augments endogenous antitumor immunity by reducing myeloid-derived suppressor cell function. J Exp Med. 2006;203:2691-702 pubmed..In light of the recent data that enzymes mediating MDSC-dependent immunosuppression in mice are active also in humans, these findings demonstrate a potentially novel use of PDE5 inhibitors as adjuncts to tumor-specific immune therapy. ..
- Scheper M, Nikitakis N, Sauk J. Survivin is a downstream target and effector of sulindac-sensitive oncogenic Stat3 signalling in head and neck cancer. Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2007;36:632-9 pubmed..These data indicate that survivin is a downstream target and effector of oncogenic Stat3 signalling in SCC, which is targeted by sulindac in a COX-2-independent manner. ..
- Manning E, Ullman J, Leatherman J, Asquith J, Hansen T, Armstrong T, et al. A vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-2 inhibitor enhances antitumor immunity through an immune-based mechanism. Clin Cancer Res. 2007;13:3951-9 pubmed..These data support the development of multitargeted cancer therapy combining immune-based and antiangiogenic agents for clinical translation. ..
- Wolff A, Berry D, Carey L, Colleoni M, Dowsett M, Ellis M, et al. Research issues affecting preoperative systemic therapy for operable breast cancer. J Clin Oncol. 2008;26:806-13 pubmed publisher..PST requires an experienced and cohesive multidisciplinary team for it to fulfill its potential in both research and clinical care. ..
- Roberts Z, Ching L, Vogel S. IFN-beta-dependent inhibition of tumor growth by the vascular disrupting agent 5,6-dimethylxanthenone-4-acetic acid (DMXAA). J Interferon Cytokine Res. 2008;28:133-9 pubmed publisher..These results support the conclusion that DMXAA derives its potent anticancer properties in part through elicitation of IFN-beta expression by host-derived elements. ..
- Anseloni V, Gold M. Inflammation-induced shift in the valence of spinal GABA-A receptor-mediated modulation of nociception in the adult rat. J Pain. 2008;9:732-8 pubmed publisher..More importantly, rectifying the changes in GABA-A signaling may provide effective relief from inflammatory hypersensitivity. ..
- Chaisuparat R, Hu J, Jham B, Knight Z, Shokat K, Montaner S. Dual inhibition of PI3Kalpha and mTOR as an alternative treatment for Kaposi's sarcoma. Cancer Res. 2008;68:8361-8 pubmed publisher..Moreover, as KS may serve as a model for pathologic angiogenesis, our results further provide the basis for the early assessment of PI-103 as an antiangiogenic chemotherapeutic. ..
- Rahman M, Pumphrey J, Lipkowitz S. The TRAIL to targeted therapy of breast cancer. Adv Cancer Res. 2009;103:43-73 pubmed publisher..The preclinical data supporting the use of TRAIL ligands and agonistic antibodies alone and in combination in breast cancer will also be discussed. ..
- Bi Y, Gao Y, Ehirchiou D, Cao C, Kikuiri T, Le A, et al. Bisphosphonates cause osteonecrosis of the jaw-like disease in mice. Am J Pathol. 2010;177:280-90 pubmed publisher..The availability of this novel mouse model of BONJ-like disease will help elucidate the pathophysiology of BONJ and ultimately develop novel approaches for prevention and treatment of human BONJ. ..
- Pant A, Diaz Montes T, Tanner E, Ahmad S, Giuntoli R, Holloway R, et al. Correlation of extreme drug resistant assay results and progression-free survival following intraperitoneal chemotherapy for advanced ovarian cancer. J Chemother. 2010;22:270-4 pubmed..Prospective studies, preferably analyzing platinum or taxane EDR individually, are required to validate these observations. ..
- Rudin C, Hann C, Garon E, Ribeiro de Oliveira M, Bonomi P, Camidge D, et al. Phase II study of single-agent navitoclax (ABT-263) and biomarker correlates in patients with relapsed small cell lung cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2012;18:3163-9 pubmed publisher..Preclinical models support that navitoclax may enhance sensitivity of SCLC and other solid tumors to standard cytotoxics. Future studies will focus on combination therapies. ..
- Gerdes C, Nicolini V, Herter S, van Puijenbroek E, Lang S, Roemmele M, et al. GA201 (RG7160): a novel, humanized, glycoengineered anti-EGFR antibody with enhanced ADCC and superior in vivo efficacy compared with cetuximab. Clin Cancer Res. 2013;19:1126-38 pubmed publisher..Clin Cancer Res; 19(5); 1126-38. ©2012 AACR. ..
- Schweizer M, Lin J, Blackford A, Bardia A, King S, Armstrong A, et al. Pharmacodynamic study of disulfiram in men with non-metastatic recurrent prostate cancer. Prostate Cancer Prostatic Dis. 2013;16:357-61 pubmed publisher..Although many mechanisms for its anticancer activity have been proposed, tumor suppressor gene re-expression through promoter demethylation emerged as one of the more plausible...
- Ravi R, Bedi A. Requirement of BAX for TRAIL/Apo2L-induced apoptosis of colorectal cancers: synergism with sulindac-mediated inhibition of Bcl-x(L). Cancer Res. 2002;62:1583-7 pubmed..Our findings may aid the development and genotype-specific application of TRAIL/Apo2L-based combinatorial regimens for the treatment of colorectal cancers. ..
- Wang P, Frazier J, Brem H. Local drug delivery to the brain. Adv Drug Deliv Rev. 2002;54:987-1013 pubmed..In this article, we discuss the rationale and history of the development and use of these polymers, and review the various agents that have used this technology to treat malignant brain tumors. ..
- Baker S, Verweij J, Rowinsky E, Donehower R, Schellens J, Grochow L, et al. Role of body surface area in dosing of investigational anticancer agents in adults, 1991-2001. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2002;94:1883-8 pubmed..We conclude that body surface area should not be used to determine starting doses of investigational agents in future phase I studies. ..
- Wang Q, Cleaves R, Kummalue T, Nerlov C, Friedman A. Cell cycle inhibition mediated by the outer surface of the C/EBPalpha basic region is required but not sufficient for granulopoiesis. Oncogene. 2003;22:2548-57 pubmed..Inhibition of G1 progression using mimosine increased induction of late markers by G-CSF. Thus, both DNA binding and cell cycle arrest, mediated by opposite surfaces of the C/EBPalpha basic region, are required for granulopoiesis. ..
- Matsui W, Huff C, Wang Q, Malehorn M, Barber J, Tanhehco Y, et al. Characterization of clonogenic multiple myeloma cells. Blood. 2004;103:2332-6 pubmed..These data suggest that MM "stem cells" are CD138- B cells with the ability to replicate and subsequently differentiate into malignant CD138+ plasma cells. ..
- Xie Y, Xu K, Dai B, Guo Z, Jiang T, Chen H, et al. The 44 kDa Pim-1 kinase directly interacts with tyrosine kinase Etk/BMX and protects human prostate cancer cells from apoptosis induced by chemotherapeutic drugs. Oncogene. 2006;25:70-8 pubmed..Our results suggest that these two isoforms of Pim-1 kinase may regulate distinct substrates and the 44 kDa Pim-1 may play a more prominent role in drug resistance in prostate cancer cells. ..
- Strock C, Park J, Rosen D, Ruggeri B, Denmeade S, Ball D, et al. Activity of irinotecan and the tyrosine kinase inhibitor CEP-751 in medullary thyroid cancer. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2006;91:79-84 pubmed..The duration of remission was further enhanced by combination with the kinase inhibitor, CEP-751. These results suggest that irinotecan, alone or in combination, may be useful for the treatment of MTC. ..
- Ezzo J, Streitberger K, Schneider A. Cochrane systematic reviews examine P6 acupuncture-point stimulation for nausea and vomiting. J Altern Complement Med. 2006;12:489-95 pubmed..The acupuncture point, P6 had been the point used in most of the trials...
- Sato T, Yang X, Knapper S, White P, Smith B, Galkin S, et al. FLT3 ligand impedes the efficacy of FLT3 inhibitors in vitro and in vivo. Blood. 2011;117:3286-93 pubmed publisher..These findings could have important implications regarding the design and outcome of trials of FLT3 inhibitors and furthermore suggest a rationale for targeting FL as a therapeutic strategy. ..
- Huang Y, Chuang A, Hao H, Talbot C, Sen T, Trink B, et al. Phospho-?Np63? is a key regulator of the cisplatin-induced microRNAome in cancer cells. Cell Death Differ. 2011;18:1220-30 pubmed publisher..Our data support the notion that miRNAs are critical downstream targets of p-?Np63? and mediate key pathways implicated in the response of cancer cells to chemotherapeutic drugs. ..
- Qiao Y, Huang X, Nimmagadda S, Bai R, Staedtke V, Foss C, et al. A robust approach to enhance tumor-selective accumulation of nanoparticles. Oncotarget. 2011;2:59-68 pubmed
- Fishelevich R, Zhao Y, Tuchinda P, Liu H, Nakazono A, Tammaro A, et al. Imiquimod-induced TLR7 signaling enhances repair of DNA damage induced by ultraviolet light in bone marrow-derived cells. J Immunol. 2011;187:1664-73 pubmed publisher..This property is likely to be an important mechanism for its anticancer effects because it protects cutaneous APC from the deleterious effects of UVL. ..
- Burakgazi A, Messersmith W, Vaidya D, Hauer P, Hoke A, Polydefkis M. Longitudinal assessment of oxaliplatin-induced neuropathy. Neurology. 2011;77:980-6 pubmed publisher..ON is an attractive paradigm for neuroprotection studies and the distal leg IENFD is an objective measure that requires minimal subject participation or study site expertise. ..
- Joshi A, Loilome W, Siu I, Tyler B, Gallia G, Riggins G. Evaluation of tyrosine kinase inhibitor combinations for glioblastoma therapy. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e44372 pubmed publisher..Improved targeted therapies, with drug properties favorable to intracranial tumors, are likely required to form effective drug combinations for GBM. ..
- Ganapathy Kanniappan S, Geschwind J. Tumor glycolysis as a target for cancer therapy: progress and prospects. Mol Cancer. 2013;12:152 pubmed publisher..Further, we discuss the translational potential of emerging drug candidates in light of technical advances in treatment modalities such as image-guided targeted delivery of cancer therapeutics. ..
- McClary B, Zinshteyn B, Meyer M, Jouanneau M, Pellegrino S, Yusupova G, et al. Inhibition of Eukaryotic Translation by the Antitumor Natural Product Agelastatin A. Cell Chem Biol. 2017;24:605-613.e5 pubmed publisher..Together, these results have unraveled the mechanism of inhibition of eukaryotic translation by AglA at atomic level, paving the way for future structural modifications to develop AglA analogs into novel anticancer agents. ..
- Gore S, Carducci M. Modifying histones to tame cancer: clinical development of sodium phenylbutyrate and other histone deacetylase inhibitors. Expert Opin Investig Drugs. 2000;9:2923-34 pubmed
- Sun Y, Chai T. Augmented extracellular ATP signaling in bladder urothelial cells from patients with interstitial cystitis. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2006;290:C27-34 pubmed..In conclusion, IC BUCs have augmented extracellular ATP signaling that could be blocked by suramin and HB-EGF. These findings suggest the possible development of future novel therapeutic techniques. ..
- Lin T, Vala M, Barber J, Karp J, Smith B, Matsui W, et al. Induction of acute lymphocytic leukemia differentiation by maintenance therapy. Leukemia. 2007;21:1915-20 pubmed..These data suggest that induction of leukemia progenitor differentiation plays an important role in the mechanism of action of maintenance therapy in ALL. ..