Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Locale: Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Publications1132 found, 100 shown here
- Hegde K, Varma S. Combination of glycemic and oxidative stress in lens: implications in augmentation of cataract formation in diabetes. Free Radic Res. 2005;39:513-7 pubmed..Similarly, the galactosemic lenses were also more susceptible to menadione dependent decrease in ATP and GSH. ..
- Barouch L, Gao D, Chen L, Miller K, Xu W, Phan A, et al. Cardiac myocyte apoptosis is associated with increased DNA damage and decreased survival in murine models of obesity. Circ Res. 2006;98:119-24 pubmed..These data offer novel insights into potential mechanisms of myocardial dysfunction and early mortality in obesity. ..
- Gami M, Wolkow C. Studies of Caenorhabditis elegans DAF-2/insulin signaling reveal targets for pharmacological manipulation of lifespan. Aging Cell. 2006;5:31-7 pubmed..These insights into pathways affecting invertebrate lifespan may provide a basis for developing strategies for pharmacological manipulation of human lifespan. ..
- Jang Y, Sharkis S. A low level of reactive oxygen species selects for primitive hematopoietic stem cells that may reside in the low-oxygenic niche. Blood. 2007;110:3056-63 pubmed..The ROS-related signaling pathways together with specific characteristics of niche HSCs may serve as targets for beneficial therapies. ..
- Gilad A, Walczak P, McMahon M, Na H, Lee J, An K, et al. MR tracking of transplanted cells with "positive contrast" using manganese oxide nanoparticles. Magn Reson Med. 2008;60:1-7 pubmed publisher..Simultaneous imaging of both transplants with opposite contrast offers a method for MR "double labeling" of different cell populations...
- Cui C, Kunisada M, Esibizione D, Douglass E, Schlessinger D. Analysis of the temporal requirement for eda in hair and sweat gland development. J Invest Dermatol. 2009;129:984-93 pubmed publisher..Similarly, sweat gland pegs require Eda-A1 at an early stage to form mature glands. Thus we infer that EDA signaling is needed for the determination and development of various skin appendages at spatiotemporally restricted intervals. ..
- Ovanesov M, Ayhan Y, Wolbert C, Moldovan K, Sauder C, Pletnikov M. Astrocytes play a key role in activation of microglia by persistent Borna disease virus infection. J Neuroinflammation. 2008;5:50 pubmed publisher..The data are consistent with the hypothesis that microglia activation in the absence of neuronal damage may represent initial steps in the gradual neurodegeneration observed in brains of neonatally BDV-infected rats. ..
- Schwartz A, Patil S, Squier S, Schneider H, Kirkness J, Smith P. Obesity and upper airway control during sleep. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2010;108:430-5 pubmed publisher..Improvements in these neural responses with weight loss may be related to a decline in systemic and local pharyngeal concentrations of specific inflammatory mediators with somnogenic effects. ..
- Vesuna F, Lisok A, Kimble B, Raman V. Twist modulates breast cancer stem cells by transcriptional regulation of CD24 expression. Neoplasia. 2009;11:1318-28 pubmed..Taken together, our data demonstrate the direct involvement of Twist in generating a breast cancer stem cell phenotype through down-regulation of CD24 expression and independent of an epithelial-mesenchymal transition...
- De Biase L, Nishiyama A, Bergles D. Excitability and synaptic communication within the oligodendrocyte lineage. J Neurosci. 2010;30:3600-11 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that NG2(+) cells are uniquely positioned within the oligodendrocyte lineage to monitor the firing patterns of surrounding neurons. ..
- Hertzano R, Puligilla C, Chan S, Timothy C, Depireux D, Ahmed Z, et al. CD44 is a marker for the outer pillar cells in the early postnatal mouse inner ear. J Assoc Res Otolaryngol. 2010;11:407-18 pubmed publisher..Finally, our study reveals multiple potential new cell type-specific markers in the mouse inner ear and identifies a new marker for outer pillar cells...
- Stranahan A, Haberman R, Gallagher M. Cognitive decline is associated with reduced reelin expression in the entorhinal cortex of aged rats. Cereb Cortex. 2011;21:392-400 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings suggest that reduced reelin expression, emanating from layer II entorhinal neurons, may contribute to network dysfunction that occurs during memory loss in aging. ..
- Jimenez Gomez Y, Mattison J, Pearson K, Martin Montalvo A, Palacios H, Sossong A, et al. Resveratrol improves adipose insulin signaling and reduces the inflammatory response in adipose tissue of rhesus monkeys on high-fat, high-sugar diet. Cell Metab. 2013;18:533-45 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, chronic administration of resveratrol exerts beneficial metabolic and inflammatory adaptations in visceral WAT from diet-induced obese monkeys. ..
- Gnanakkan V, Jaffe A, Dai L, Fu J, Wheelan S, Levitsky H, et al. TE-array--a high throughput tool to study transposon transcription. BMC Genomics. 2013;14:869 pubmed publisher..This suggests that TE expression may be related to tissue-specific chromatin states or cellular phenotypes. We anticipate that TE-array will provide a scalable method to characterize transposable element RNAs. ..
- Brock M, Mei Y. Protein functional effector sncRNAs (pfeRNAs) in lung cancer. Cancer Lett. 2017;403:138-143 pubmed publisher..pfeRNAs harbor unique features in size distribution, 3' terminal modification, shared core sequences, and functional manner, and could be new players in lung physiological and pathological conditions. ..
- Gao X, Tamminga C. MK801 induces late regional increases in NMDA and kainate receptor binding in rat brain. J Neural Transm Gen Sect. 1995;101:105-13 pubmed..Several additional areas outside of hippocampus also showed receptor changes at 24 hours after MK801. ..
- Xiao R, Zhang S, Chakir K, Avdonin P, Zhu W, Bond R, et al. Enhanced G(i) signaling selectively negates beta2-adrenergic receptor (AR)--but not beta1-AR-mediated positive inotropic effect in myocytes from failing rat hearts. Circulation. 2003;108:1633-9 pubmed
- Luzina I, Papadimitriou J, Anderson R, Pochetuhen K, Atamas S. Induction of prolonged infiltration of T lymphocytes and transient T lymphocyte-dependent collagen deposition in mouse lungs following adenoviral gene transfer of CCL18. Arthritis Rheum. 2006;54:2643-55 pubmed..CCL18 promotes selective, long-term pulmonary infiltration of T lymphocytes and infiltration-dependent accumulation of collagen through a TGFbeta1-dependent mechanism. ..
- Graczyk T, Sunderland D, Rule A, da Silva A, Moura I, Tamang L, et al. Urban feral pigeons (Columba livia) as a source for air- and waterborne contamination with Enterocytozoon bieneusi spores. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2007;73:4357-8 pubmed..5 x 10(3) Enterocytozoon bieneusi spores and that 1.3 x 10(3) spores could be inhaled by a nearby person...
- Kim S, Coulombe P. Intermediate filament scaffolds fulfill mechanical, organizational, and signaling functions in the cytoplasm. Genes Dev. 2007;21:1581-97 pubmed..As this discovery process continues to unfold, a rationale for the large size of this family and the context-dependent regulation of its members is finally emerging...
- Mao C, Hung C, Kang T, He L, Tsai Y, Wu C, et al. Combined administration with DNA encoding vesicular stomatitis virus G protein enhances DNA vaccine potency. J Virol. 2010;84:2331-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, the incorporation of FMGs into DNA vaccines holds promise for the successful control of viral infections and cancers in the clinic. ..
- Gao P, Grigoryev D, Rafaels N, Mu D, Wright J, Cheadle C, et al. CD14, a key candidate gene associated with a specific immune response to cockroach. Clin Exp Allergy. 2010;40:1353-64 pubmed publisher..Sensitization to cockroach allergen is one of the strongest predictors of asthma morbidity, especially among African Americans...
- Matthaei M, Meng H, Meeker A, Eberhart C, Jun A. Endothelial Cdkn1a (p21) overexpression and accelerated senescence in a mouse model of Fuchs endothelial corneal dystrophy. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2012;53:6718-27 pubmed..Our results identify endothelial Cdkn1a (p21) upregulation in a mouse model of early-onset FECD, confirm overexpression of p21 in late-onset human FECD endothelium, and suggest a role for premature senescence in FECD. ..
- Grados M, Specht M, Sung H, Fortune D. Glutamate drugs and pharmacogenetics of OCD: a pathway-based exploratory approach. Expert Opin Drug Discov. 2013;8:1515-27 pubmed publisher..These potential targets can be explored, in the future, to deliver new therapeutic approaches to OCD. There is also the need to develop a better understanding of neuroprotective mechanisms as a foundation for future OCD drug discovery. ..
- Ciaccio E, Coromilas J, Ashikaga H, Cervantes D, Wit A, Peters N, et al. Reprint of 'Model of unidirectional block formation leading to reentrant ventricular tachycardia in the infarct border zone of postinfarction canine hearts'. Comput Biol Med. 2015;65:256-66 pubmed publisher..The wavefront is blocked from propagating laterally away from the isthmus by sharp increases in border zone thickness, which results in critically convex wavefront curvature at VT cycle lengths. ..
- Rørth P. Specification of C/EBP function during Drosophila development by the bZIP basic region. Science. 1994;266:1878-81 pubmed..Mammalian C/EBPs were also functional in Drosophila. In contrast, 9 of 25 single amino acid substitutions in the basic region disrupted biological function. Thus, the conserved basic region specifies DmC/EBP activity in the organism. ..
- Ratovitski E, Patturajan M, Hibi K, Trink B, Yamaguchi K, Sidransky D. p53 associates with and targets Delta Np63 into a protein degradation pathway. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:1817-22 pubmed..The ability of p53 to mediate Delta Np63 degradation may balance the capacity of Delta Np63 to accelerate tumorigenesis or to induce epithelial proliferation. ..
- Rothman R, Blough B, Baumann M. Appetite suppressants as agonist substitution therapies for stimulant dependence. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2002;965:109-26 pubmed..Future efforts should focus on developing new medications that possess the desired therapeutic activity but lack the adverse effects associated with older amphetamine-type anorectics. ..
- Chen P, Li J, Barnes J, Kokkonen G, Lee J, Liu Y. Restraint of proinflammatory cytokine biosynthesis by mitogen-activated protein kinase phosphatase-1 in lipopolysaccharide-stimulated macrophages. J Immunol. 2002;169:6408-16 pubmed..These findings highlight MKP-1 as a critical negative regulator of the macrophage inflammatory response, underscoring its premise as a potential target for developing novel anti-inflammatory drugs. ..
- Cleaves R, Wang Q, Friedman A. C/EBPalphap30, a myeloid leukemia oncoprotein, limits G-CSF receptor expression but not terminal granulopoiesis via site-selective inhibition of C/EBP DNA binding. Oncogene. 2004;23:716-25 pubmed..Variation in affinity for selected cis elements among isoforms may affect the biology of basic region-leucine zipper (bZIP) proteins. ..
- Rodriguez A, Ashen M, Chen E. ACAT1 deletion in murine macrophages associated with cytotoxicity and decreased expression of collagen type 3A1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;331:61-8 pubmed..02). Thus, ACAT1 KO macrophages show biochemical changes consistent with increased cytotoxicity and also a novel association with decreased expression of collagen type 3A1. ..
- Sakamoto J, Azad A. Propagation of arthropod-borne Rickettsia spp. in two mosquito cell lines. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2007;73:6637-43 pubmed..Our results have important implications for the in vitro maintenance of uncultured rickettsiae, as well as providing insights into Rickettsia-arthropod interactions. ..
- Lin S, Kleinberg L. Carmustine wafers: localized delivery of chemotherapeutic agents in CNS malignancies. Expert Rev Anticancer Ther. 2008;8:343-59 pubmed publisher..Other promising advances in the use of locally delivered chemotherapy for CNS malignancies, including Gliadel for brain metastases and combination therapies with systemic or biologic agents, are discussed. ..
- Lillis A, Greenlee M, Mikhailenko I, Pizzo S, Tenner A, Strickland D, et al. Murine low-density lipoprotein receptor-related protein 1 (LRP) is required for phagocytosis of targets bearing LRP ligands but is not required for C1q-triggered enhancement of phagocytosis. J Immunol. 2008;181:364-73 pubmed
- Djavani M, Crasta O, Zhang Y, Zapata J, Sobral B, Lechner M, et al. Gene expression in primate liver during viral hemorrhagic fever. Virol J. 2009;6:20 pubmed publisher..In the present study, changes in liver gene expression from macaques infected with virulent LCMV-WE were compared to gene expression in uninfected monkeys as well as to monkeys that were infected but not diseased...
- Lu Y, Zhou H, Chen W, Zhang Y, Hamburger A. The ErbB3 binding protein EBP1 regulates ErbB2 protein levels and tamoxifen sensitivity in breast cancer cells. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2011;126:27-36 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that EBP1 inhibits expression of ErbB2 protein levels by multiple mechanisms and that EBP1's effects on tamoxifen sensitivity are mediated in part by its ability to modulate ErbB2 levels. ..
- Northington F, Chavez Valdez R, Martin L. Neuronal cell death in neonatal hypoxia-ischemia. Ann Neurol. 2011;69:743-58 pubmed publisher..The accurate identification of the various cell death chreodes and their mechanisms unfolding within the immature brain matrix could provide fresh insight for developing meaningful therapies for neonatal and pediatric HIE. ..
- Popuri V, Tadokoro T, Croteau D, Bohr V. Human RECQL5: guarding the crossroads of DNA replication and transcription and providing backup capability. Crit Rev Biochem Mol Biol. 2013;48:289-99 pubmed publisher..Here, we review the established roles of RECQL5 at the cross roads of DNA replication, recombination and transcription, and propose that human RECQL5 provides important backup functions in the absence of other DNA helicases. ..
- Baidoo K, Lin K, Zhan Y, Finley P, Scheffel U, Wagner H. Design, synthesis, and initial evaluation of high-affinity technetium bombesin analogues. Bioconjug Chem. 1998;9:218-25 pubmed..The high affinity exhibited by these technetium analogues is an indication of their potential for use in non-invasive in vivo biochemical characterization of cancers that possess receptors for bombesin. ..
- Cao K, Zheng Y. The Cdc48/p97-Ufd1-Npl4 complex: its potential role in coordinating cellular morphogenesis during the M-G1 transition. Cell Cycle. 2004;3:422-4 pubmed..Here, we discuss the possibility that the Cdc48/ p97-Ufd1-Npl4 complex has a more general role in mediating morphological transitions as the cell exits mitosis and enters G(1). ..
- Samuelsson S, Luther P, Pumplin D, Bloch R. Structures linking microfilament bundles to the membrane at focal contacts. J Cell Biol. 1993;122:485-96 pubmed..Our results indicate that vinculin, talin, and beta 1-integrin are assembled into distinctive structures that mediate multiple lateral interactions between microfilaments and the membrane at focal contacts. ..
- Shamblott M, Axelman J, Wang S, Bugg E, Littlefield J, Donovan P, et al. Derivation of pluripotent stem cells from cultured human primordial germ cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:13726-31 pubmed..Based on their origin and demonstrated properties, these human PGC-derived cultures meet the criteria for pluripotent stem cells and most closely resemble EG cells. ..
- Bilbo S, Klein S, DeVries A, Nelson R. Lipopolysaccharide facilitates partner preference behaviors in female prairie voles. Physiol Behav. 1999;68:151-6 pubmed..From a proximate perspective, this study provides evidence that sickness behaviors influence female, but not male, partner preference in prairie voles. ..
- Xiao B, Tu J, Worley P. Homer: a link between neural activity and glutamate receptor function. Curr Opin Neurobiol. 2000;10:370-4 pubmed..Homer proteins also self associate and function as adaptors to couple interacting proteins. Recent observations indicate a role for Homer complexes in signal transduction, synaptogenesis and receptor trafficking. ..
- Udwary D, Merski M, Townsend C. A method for prediction of the locations of linker regions within large multifunctional proteins, and application to a type I polyketide synthase. J Mol Biol. 2002;323:585-98 pubmed..The expression, light proteolysis and catalytic abilities of this acyl carrier protein-thioesterase didomain are discussed. ..
- Kristiansen T, Nielsen M, Blagoev B, Pandey A, Mann M. Mouse embryonic fibroblasts derived from Odin deficient mice display a hyperproliiferative phenotype. DNA Res. 2004;11:285-92 pubmed..Our results confirm that although Odin expression in mice is not essential for any major developmental pathway, it could play a significant functional role to negatively regulate growth factor receptor signaling pathways. ..
- Bettegowda C, Foss C, Cheong I, Wang Y, Diaz L, Agrawal N, et al. Imaging bacterial infections with radiolabeled 1-(2'-deoxy-2'-fluoro-beta-D-arabinofuranosyl)-5-iodouracil. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:1145-50 pubmed..Such imaging provides a general method for the diagnosis of localized bacterial infections that could be translatable to the clinic. ..
- Liu J, Murphy C, Buszczak M, Clatterbuck S, Goodman R, Gall J. The Drosophila melanogaster Cajal body. J Cell Biol. 2006;172:875-84 pubmed..melanogaster. The identification of these nuclear bodies now permits a broad range of questions to be asked about CB structure and function in a genetically tractable organism. ..
- Goodwin A, Griffiths R, Brown P, Froestl W, Jakobs C, Gibson K, et al. Chronic intragastric administration of gamma-butyrolactone produces physical dependence in baboons. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2006;189:71-82 pubmed..Abuse of gamma-hydroxybutyrate (GHB) and its precursors is a public health concern. Gamma-butyrolactone (GBL) is found in commercially available products and, when ingested, is metabolized to GHB...
- Hoffman A, Oz M, Yang R, Lichtman A, Lupica C. Opposing actions of chronic Delta9-tetrahydrocannabinol and cannabinoid antagonists on hippocampal long-term potentiation. Learn Mem. 2007;14:63-74 pubmed..These data define consequences of repeated Delta(9)-THC exposure for synaptic plasticity in the hippocampus that may help explain memory impairments in humans following chronic marijuana use. ..
- Poeggeler B, Rassoulpour A, Wu H, Guidetti P, Roberts R, Schwarcz R. Dopamine receptor activation reveals a novel, kynurenate-sensitive component of striatal N-methyl-D-aspartate neurotoxicity. Neuroscience. 2007;148:188-97 pubmed..Thus, the present study identifies a previously unappreciated role of KYNA as a functional link between dopamine receptor stimulation and NMDA neurotoxicity in the striatum. ..
- Woo J, Lee J, Chae Y, Kim M, Baek J, Park J, et al. Overexpression of AQP5, a putative oncogene, promotes cell growth and transformation. Cancer Lett. 2008;264:54-62 pubmed publisher..These findings altogether indicate that hAQP5 plays an important role in human carcinogenesis and, furthermore, provide an attractive therapeutic target. ..
- Zeynalov E, DORE S. Low doses of carbon monoxide protect against experimental focal brain ischemia. Neurotox Res. 2009;15:133-7 pubmed publisher..Transient elevation of carboxyhemoglobin levels returned rapidly to baseline when CO exposure was stopped. These findings suggest a potential application of CO to treat brain ischemic stroke. ..
- Tifft K, Bradbury K, Wilson K. Tyrosine phosphorylation of nuclear-membrane protein emerin by Src, Abl and other kinases. J Cell Sci. 2009;122:3780-90 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest roles for emerin as a downstream effector and ;signal integrator' for tyrosine kinase signaling pathway(s) at the nuclear envelope. ..
- Burek C. Autoimmune thyroiditis research at Johns Hopkins University. Immunol Res. 2010;47:207-15 pubmed publisher..These observations may help to delineate the mechanisms by which iodine exacerbates thyroiditis and to explain differences in the host response of genetically susceptible individuals compared to those who are resistant to disease...
- Loane D, Faden A. Neuroprotection for traumatic brain injury: translational challenges and emerging therapeutic strategies. Trends Pharmacol Sci. 2010;31:596-604 pubmed publisher..Here we critically review developing experimental neuroprotective strategies that show promise, and we propose criteria for improving the probability of successful clinical translation. ..
- Ruiz Perez F, Wahid R, Faherty C, Kolappaswamy K, Rodriguez L, Santiago A, et al. Serine protease autotransporters from Shigella flexneri and pathogenic Escherichia coli target a broad range of leukocyte glycoproteins. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:12881-6 pubmed publisher..In the guinea pig keratoconjunctivitis model, a Shigella pic mutant induced greater inflammation than its parent strain. We suggest that the class-2 SPATEs represent unique immune-modulating bacterial virulence factors...
- Jin N, Jiang T, Rosen D, Nelkin B, Ball D. Synergistic action of a RAF inhibitor and a dual PI3K/mTOR inhibitor in thyroid cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2011;17:6482-9 pubmed publisher..These targets and therapies are promising for further development in both differentiated and medullary thyroid cancers. ..
- Fujimoto M, Hayashi T, Urfer R, Mita S, SU T. Sigma-1 receptor chaperones regulate the secretion of brain-derived neurotrophic factor. Synapse. 2012;66:630-9 pubmed publisher..This unique pharmacological profile may provide a novel therapeutic opportunity for the treatment of neuropsychiatric disorders. ..
- Wang M, Fu Z, Wu J, Zhang J, Jiang L, Khazan B, et al. MFG-E8 activates proliferation of vascular smooth muscle cells via integrin signaling. Aging Cell. 2012;11:500-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, an increase in MFG-E8 signaling is a mechanism of the age-associated increase in aortic VSMC proliferation. ..
- Hu J, Yang L, Kammermeier P, Moore C, BRAKEMAN P, Tu J, et al. Preso1 dynamically regulates group I metabotropic glutamate receptors. Nat Neurosci. 2012;15:836-44 pubmed publisher..Preso1 creates a microdomain for proline-directed kinases with broad substrate specificity to phosphorylate mGluR and to mediate negative regulation. ..
- Paziana K, Del Monaco M, Cardonick E, Moritz M, Keller M, Smith B, et al. Ciclosporin use during pregnancy. Drug Saf. 2013;36:279-94 pubmed publisher..Continued monitoring of this patient population remains a key component to understanding the risk factors associated with ciclosporin exposure during pregnancy. ..
- Williams G, Boyman L, Chikando A, Khairallah R, Lederer W. Mitochondrial calcium uptake. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:10479-86 pubmed publisher..Nevertheless, with prolonged (superphysiological) elevations of [Ca(2+)]i, mitochondrial Ca(2+) uptake can increase 10- to 1,000-fold and begin to shape [Ca(2+)]i dynamics. ..
- Tomoda T, Sumitomo A, Jaaro Peled H, Sawa A. Utility and validity of DISC1 mouse models in biological psychiatry. Neuroscience. 2016;321:99-107 pubmed publisher..Investigating mental disorders using these models is expected to further contribute to the circuit-level understanding of the pathological mechanisms, as well as to the development of novel therapeutic strategies in the future. ..
- Shi Y, Brown D. Developmental and thyroid hormone-dependent regulation of pancreatic genes in Xenopus laevis. Genes Dev. 1990;4:1107-13 pubmed..Thyroid hormone, which is the causative agent of metamorphosis, can down-regulate trypsin gene expression prematurely. ..
- Undie A. Relationship between dopamine agonist stimulation of inositol phosphate formation and cytidine diphosphate-diacylglycerol accumulation in brain slices. Brain Res. 1999;816:286-94 pubmed..The greater sensitivity of the CDP-DG measurement presents this assay as a reliable and possibly superior index of dopamine receptor-coupled PLC activation in intact tissues. ..
- Yamagishi T, Li R, Hsu K, Marban E, Tomaselli G. Molecular architecture of the voltage-dependent Na channel: functional evidence for alpha helices in the pore. J Gen Physiol. 2001;118:171-82 pubmed..Evolutionary conservation of the pore helix motif from bacterial K channels to mammalian Na channels identifies this structure as a critical feature in the architecture of ion selective pores. ..
- Cheng W, Von Kobbe C, Opresko P, Fields K, Ren J, Kufe D, et al. Werner syndrome protein phosphorylation by abl tyrosine kinase regulates its activity and distribution. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:6385-95 pubmed..These findings suggest a novel signaling pathway by which c-Abl mediates WRN nuclear localization and catalytic activities in response to DNA damage. ..
- Smallwood P, Olveczky B, Williams G, Jacobs G, Reese B, Meister M, et al. Genetically engineered mice with an additional class of cone photoreceptors: implications for the evolution of color vision. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:11706-11 pubmed
- Mann R, Beachy P. Novel lipid modifications of secreted protein signals. Annu Rev Biochem. 2004;73:891-923 pubmed
- Habashi J, Judge D, Holm T, Cohn R, Loeys B, Cooper T, et al. Losartan, an AT1 antagonist, prevents aortic aneurysm in a mouse model of Marfan syndrome. Science. 2006;312:117-21 pubmed
- El Amamy H, Holland P. Dissociable effects of disconnecting amygdala central nucleus from the ventral tegmental area or substantia nigra on learned orienting and incentive motivation. Eur J Neurosci. 2007;25:1557-67 pubmed..Otherwise, unilateral lesions of either midbrain region impaired transfer. Implications of these results for circuit models of amygdalo-striatal interactions in associative learning are discussed. ..
- Graczyk T, McOliver C, Silbergeld E, Tamang L, Roberts J. Risk of handling as a route of exposure to infectious waterborne Cryptosporidium parvum oocysts via Atlantic blue crabs (Callinectes sapidus). Appl Environ Microbiol. 2007;73:4069-70 pubmed..The study demonstrated that blue crabs can transfer C. parvum oocysts to persons involved in handling or preparing crabs and that they may contaminate other surfaces or products during storage...
- Dessem D, Moritani M, Ambalavanar R. Nociceptive craniofacial muscle primary afferent neurons synapse in both the rostral and caudal brain stem. J Neurophysiol. 2007;98:214-23 pubmed
- Saleem S, Zhuang H, de Brum Fernandes A, Maruyama T, Narumiya S, DORE S. PGD(2) DP1 receptor protects brain from ischemia-reperfusion injury. Eur J Neurosci. 2007;26:73-8 pubmed..Development of drugs to stimulate the DP1 receptor in brain could provide a new therapeutic strategy against cerebral ischemia and potentially other neurological conditions. ..
- Baral S, Sherman S, Millson P, Beyrer C. Vaccine immunogenicity in injecting drug users: a systematic review. Lancet Infect Dis. 2007;7:667-74 pubmed
- Musicki B, Liu T, Strong T, Jin L, Laughlin M, Turk J, et al. Low-fat diet and exercise preserve eNOS regulation and endothelial function in the penis of early atherosclerotic pigs: a molecular analysis. J Sex Med. 2008;5:552-61 pubmed publisher..Low-fat diet and chronic exercise preserve endothelial function in the pig penis by sustaining active eNOS in its dimeric form and by limiting eNOS interaction with its negative regulator caveolin-1. ..
- Cudrici C, Ito T, Zafranskaia E, Weerth S, Rus V, Chen H, et al. Complement C5 regulates the expression of insulin-like growth factor binding proteins in chronic experimental allergic encephalomyelitis. J Neuroimmunol. 2008;203:94-103 pubmed publisher..The dysregulation of these genes suggests that these proteins might be responsible for the gliosis and lack of remyelination seen in C5-d mice with chronic EAE. ..
- Cannon J, Seekallu S, Vandevoort C, Chaffin C. Association of luteinizing hormone receptor gene expression with cell cycle progression in granulosa cells. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2009;296:E1392-9 pubmed publisher..These data collectively indicate that LHCGR mRNA is expressed as a function of the passage of cells across the G1-S phase boundary...
- Quiroz C, Lujan R, Uchigashima M, Simões A, Lerner T, Borycz J, et al. Key modulatory role of presynaptic adenosine A2A receptors in cortical neurotransmission to the striatal direct pathway. ScientificWorldJournal. 2009;9:1321-44 pubmed publisher..Presynaptic striatal A2A receptors could provide a new target for the treatment of neuropsychiatric disorders. ..