Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on amino acid sequence in Bethesda, Maryland, United States
Locale: Bethesda, Maryland, United States
Topic: amino acid sequence
Publications473 found, 100 shown here
- D Oro U, Ashwell J. Cutting edge: the CD45 tyrosine phosphatase is an inhibitor of Lck activity in thymocytes. J Immunol. 1999;162:1879-83 pubmed..These results support a model in which CD45 dephosphorylates both Tyr505 and Tyr394, the net effect in normal thymocytes being a decrease in enzymatic activity. ..
- Mullins C, Hartnell L, Wassarman D, Bonifacino J. Defective expression of the mu3 subunit of the AP-3 adaptor complex in the Drosophila pigmentation mutant carmine. Mol Gen Genet. 1999;262:401-12 pubmed..These findings provide evidence of a role for mu3 in the sorting processes required for pigment granule biogenesis in Drosophila. ..
- Hollander M, Poola Kella S, Fornace A. Gadd34 functional domains involved in growth suppression and apoptosis. Oncogene. 2003;22:3827-32 pubmed..This suggests that viral similarity sequences may be required for Gadd34-mediated functions other than apoptosis. ..
- Kullberg M, Andersen J, Gorelick P, Caspar P, Suerbaum S, Fox J, et al. Induction of colitis by a CD4+ T cell clone specific for a bacterial epitope. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:15830-5 pubmed
- Ahmed F, Torrado M, Zinovieva R, Senatorov V, Wistow G, Tomarev S. Gene expression profile of the rat eye iridocorneal angle: NEIBank expressed sequence tag analysis. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2004;45:3081-90 pubmed..Although myocilin is not abundantly expressed in rat eye angle, other olfactomedin-containing genes are expressed there and may play important roles in normal eye function and disease. ..
- Guarné A, Ramon Maiques S, Wolff E, Ghirlando R, Hu X, Miller J, et al. Structure of the MutL C-terminal domain: a model of intact MutL and its roles in mismatch repair. EMBO J. 2004;23:4134-45 pubmed..A model of how MutL utilizes its ATPase and DNA-binding activities to mediate mismatch-dependent activation of MutH endonuclease and UvrD helicase is proposed. ..
- Seydel K, Gaur D, Aravind L, Subramanian G, Miller L. Plasmodium falciparum: characterization of a late asexual stage golgi protein containing both ankyrin and DHHC domains. Exp Parasitol. 2005;110:389-93 pubmed..falciparum. The timing of expression as well as the location of this protein suggests that it may play an important role in the sorting of proteins to the apical organelles during the development of the asexual stage of the parasite. ..
- Bell J, Botos I, Hall P, Askins J, Shiloach J, Segal D, et al. The molecular structure of the Toll-like receptor 3 ligand-binding domain. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:10976-80 pubmed..The TLR3-ECD structure indicates how LRR loops can establish distinct pathogen recognition receptors. ..
- Uruno T, Remmert K, Hammer J. CARMIL is a potent capping protein antagonist: identification of a conserved CARMIL domain that inhibits the activity of capping protein and uncaps capped actin filaments. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:10635-50 pubmed..Given the pivotal role that CP plays in determining the global actin phenotype of cells, our results suggest that CARMIL may play an important role in the physiological regulation of actin assembly. ..
- Kouprina N, Noskov V, Pavlicek A, Collins N, Schoppee Bortz P, Ottolenghi C, et al. Evolutionary diversification of SPANX-N sperm protein gene structure and expression. PLoS ONE. 2007;2:e359 pubmed..SPANX proteins thus provide unique targets to investigate their roles in the function of spermatozoa, selected malignancies, and for SPANX-N, in other tissues as well. ..
- Noinaj N, Fairman J, Buchanan S. The crystal structure of BamB suggests interactions with BamA and its role within the BAM complex. J Mol Biol. 2011;407:248-60 pubmed publisher..This may facilitate integration of newly synthesized OMPs into the outer membrane. ..
- Wei X, Walia V, Lin J, Teer J, Prickett T, Gartner J, et al. Exome sequencing identifies GRIN2A as frequently mutated in melanoma. Nat Genet. 2011;43:442-6 pubmed publisher..Our study provides, to our knowledge, the most comprehensive map of genetic alterations in melanoma to date and suggests that the glutamate signaling pathway is involved in this disease. ..
- Martina J, Chen Y, Gucek M, Puertollano R. MTORC1 functions as a transcriptional regulator of autophagy by preventing nuclear transport of TFEB. Autophagy. 2012;8:903-14 pubmed publisher..Our results unveil a novel role for MTORC1 in the maintenance of cellular homeostasis by regulating autophagy at the transcriptional level. ..
- Hollingsworth H, Nossal N. Bacteriophage T4 encodes an RNase H which removes RNA primers made by the T4 DNA replication system in vitro. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:1888-97 pubmed..Addition of T4 RNase H and T4 DNA ligase leads to extensive joining of discontinuous lagging strand fragments in the T4 DNA replication system in vitro. ..
- Lad R, Smith M, Hilt D. Molecular cloning and regional distribution of rat brain cyclophilin. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 1991;9:239-44 pubmed..The high levels of Cyp in cortical (neuronal) areas may, in part, explain the global encephalopathic symptoms clinically observed in CsA neurotoxicity. ..
- Guerini D, Klee C. Cloning of human calcineurin A: evidence for two isozymes and identification of a polyproline structural domain. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1989;86:9183-7 pubmed..A role in the calmodulin activation of calcineurin is proposed for this novel structural element. ..
- Kasir J, Aksamit R, Backlund P, Cantoni G. Amino acid sequence of S-adenosyl-L-homocysteine hydrolase from Dictyostelium discoideum as deduced from the cDNA sequence. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1988;153:359-64 pubmed..Six changes were observed in this region but the changes appeared to be in regions that are not critical to the three dimensional folding of the NAD+-binding site. ..
- Wistow G, Shaughnessy M, Lee D, Hodin J, Zelenka P. A macrophage migration inhibitory factor is expressed in the differentiating cells of the eye lens. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1993;90:1272-5 pubmed..The relatively abundant expression of MIF in lens may have clinical significance, with the possibility of involvement in ocular inflammations that may follow damage to the lens. ..
- Jackson S, Malech H, Kozak C, Lomax K, Gallin J, Holland S. Cloning and functional expression of the mouse homologue of p47phox. Immunogenetics. 1994;39:272-5 pubmed
- Nightingale K, Dimitrov S, Reeves R, Wolffe A. Evidence for a shared structural role for HMG1 and linker histones B4 and H1 in organizing chromatin. EMBO J. 1996;15:548-61 pubmed..However, neither histone B4 nor HMG1 influence the DNase I or hydroxyl radical digestion of DNA within the nucleosome core. We suggest that HMG1/2 and histone B4 have a shared structural role in organizing linker DNA in the nucleosome. ..
- Davis D, Yusa K, Gillim L, Newcomb F, Mitsuya H, Yarchoan R. Conserved cysteines of the human immunodeficiency virus type 1 protease are involved in regulation of polyprotein processing and viral maturation of immature virions. J Virol. 1999;73:1156-64 pubmed..This is consistent with the cysteines being involved in the regulation of viral maturation in cells under oxidative stress. ..
- Wolfgang C, Essand M, Vincent J, Lee B, Pastan I. TARP: a nuclear protein expressed in prostate and breast cancer cells derived from an alternate reading frame of the T cell receptor gamma chain locus. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2000;97:9437-42 pubmed..We have named this protein TCRgamma alternate reading frame protein (TARP). These results demonstrate that an alternative protein product is encoded by the TCRgamma locus in cells other than T lymphocytes. ..
- de la Cruz J, Bamford R, Burdine R, Roessler E, Barkovich A, Donnai D, et al. A loss-of-function mutation in the CFC domain of TDGF1 is associated with human forebrain defects. Hum Genet. 2002;110:422-8 pubmed..The mutant protein is inactive in a zebrafish rescue assay, indicating a role for TDGF1 in human midline and forebrain development...
- Kang S, Maurizi M, Thompson M, Mueser T, Ahvazi B. Crystallography and mutagenesis point to an essential role for the N-terminus of human mitochondrial ClpP. J Struct Biol. 2004;148:338-52 pubmed..We propose that the N-terminal peptide of ClpP is a structural component of the substrate translocation channel and may play an important functional role as well. ..
- Poliakov E, Gentleman S, Cunningham F, Miller Ihli N, Redmond T. Key role of conserved histidines in recombinant mouse beta-carotene 15,15'-monooxygenase-1 activity. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:29217-23 pubmed..These data are discussed in the context of the predicted structure for the related eubacterial apocarotenal oxygenase. ..
- Lowther W, Wiley K, Smith G, Callahan R. A new common integration site, Int7, for the mouse mammary tumor virus in mouse mammary tumors identifies a gene whose product has furin-like and thrombospondin-like sequences. J Virol. 2005;79:10093-6 pubmed..Reverse transcriptase PCR results demonstrated that each of the viral insertions led to elevated expression of the presumed target flanking genes. ..
- Chen Z, Earl P, Americo J, Damon I, Smith S, Zhou Y, et al. Chimpanzee/human mAbs to vaccinia virus B5 protein neutralize vaccinia and smallpox viruses and protect mice against vaccinia virus. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:1882-7 pubmed..These chimpanzee/human anti-B5 mAbs may be useful in the prevention and treatment of vaccinia virus-induced complications of vaccination against smallpox and may also be effective in the immunoprophylaxis and immunotherapy of smallpox. ..
- Makarova K, Koonin E, Haselkorn R, Galperin M. Cyanobacterial response regulator PatA contains a conserved N-terminal domain (PATAN) with an alpha-helical insertion. Bioinformatics. 2006;22:1297-301 pubmed
- Kutty R, Samuel W, Chen S, Vijayasarathy C, Dun Y, Mysona B, et al. Immunofluorescence analysis of the expression of Norpeg (Rai14) in retinal Müller and ganglion cells. Neurosci Lett. 2006;404:294-8 pubmed..Immunoreactivity was also evident in the radial glial (Müller) cell fibers. ..
- Cerrato A, Parisi M, Santa Anna S, Missirlis F, Guru S, Agarwal S, et al. Genetic interactions between Drosophila melanogaster menin and Jun/Fos. Dev Biol. 2006;298:59-70 pubmed..We observed complex genetic interactions between mnn1 and jun in different developmental settings. Our data support the idea that one function of menin is to modulate Jun activity in a manner dependent on the cellular context. ..
- Prag G, Watson H, Kim Y, Beach B, Ghirlando R, Hummer G, et al. The Vps27/Hse1 complex is a GAT domain-based scaffold for ubiquitin-dependent sorting. Dev Cell. 2007;12:973-86 pubmed..Coarse-grained Monte Carlo simulations of the Vps27/Hse1 complex on a membrane show how the complex binds cooperatively to lipids and ubiquitinated membrane proteins and acts as a scaffold for ubiquitination reactions. ..
- Lindwasser O, Smith W, Chaudhuri R, Yang P, Hurley J, Bonifacino J. A diacidic motif in human immunodeficiency virus type 1 Nef is a novel determinant of binding to AP-2. J Virol. 2008;82:1166-74 pubmed
- Bosmans F, Swartz K. Targeting voltage sensors in sodium channels with spider toxins. Trends Pharmacol Sci. 2010;31:175-82 pubmed publisher..This review focuses on our existing knowledge of the mechanism by which spider toxins affect Nav channel gating and the possible applications of these toxins in the drug discovery process. ..
- Park E, Walker S, Lee J, Rothenburg S, Lorsch J, Hinnebusch A. Multiple elements in the eIF4G1 N-terminus promote assembly of eIF4G1•PABP mRNPs in vivo. EMBO J. 2011;30:302-16 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, two other RNA-binding regions in eIF4G1 have critical functions downstream of eIF4F•mRNA assembly. ..
- Chen Z, Schneerson R, Lovchik J, Lyons C, Zhao H, Dai Z, et al. Pre- and postexposure protection against virulent anthrax infection in mice by humanized monoclonal antibodies to Bacillus anthracis capsule. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:739-44 pubmed publisher..Thus, these anti-?DPGA mAbs should be useful, alone or in combination with antitoxin mAbs, for achieving a safe and efficacious postexposure therapy for anthrax...
- McLellan J, Chen M, Leung S, Graepel K, Du X, Yang Y, et al. Structure of RSV fusion glycoprotein trimer bound to a prefusion-specific neutralizing antibody. Science. 2013;340:1113-7 pubmed publisher..These studies should enable design of improved vaccine antigens and define new targets for passive prevention of RSV-induced disease. ..
- Moore S, Rijli F, Appella E. Characterization of the mouse 84-kD heat shock protein gene family. DNA Cell Biol. 1990;9:387-400 pubmed..The hsp84 gene family includes at least six different hsp84-related pseudogenes, which arose about 2-3 million years ago. ..
- Gottesman S, Squires C, Pichersky E, Carrington M, Hobbs M, Mattick J, et al. Conservation of the regulatory subunit for the Clp ATP-dependent protease in prokaryotes and eukaryotes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1990;87:3513-7 pubmed..The high degree of similarity among the ClpA-like proteins suggests that Clp-like proteases are likely to be important participants in energy-dependent proteolysis in prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells. ..
- Mezey E. Cloning of the rat adrenal medullary phenylethanolamine-N-methyltransferase. Nucleic Acids Res. 1989;17:2125 pubmed
- Stump D, Landsberger N, Wolffe A. The cDNA encoding Xenopus laevis heat-shock factor 1 (XHSF1): nucleotide and deduced amino-acid sequences, and properties of the encoded protein. Gene. 1995;160:207-11 pubmed..Microinjection of XHSF1 mRNA into Xl oocytes leads to synthesis of XHSF1 which accumulates in the nucleus and selectively activates Xl phsp70p activity at 18 degrees C. ..
- Moscow J, Schmidt L, Ingram D, Gnarra J, Johnson B, Cowan K. Loss of heterozygosity of the human cytosolic glutathione peroxidase I gene in lung cancer. Carcinogenesis. 1994;15:2769-73 pubmed..Therefore, the different GPX1 alleles encode structurally different hGPx1 subunits. In addition, analysis of allele frequency suggests that the GPX1*ALA7 allele may occur less frequently in tumors with 3p21 deletions. ..
- Gladyshev V, Khangulov S, Axley M, Stadtman T. Coordination of selenium to molybdenum in formate dehydrogenase H from Escherichia coli. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1994;91:7708-11 pubmed..This ligand could be the Se of a selenocysteine residue, sulfur of a cysteine residue, or, in the case of a serine residue, oxygen. ..
- Bhatia Dey N, Adelstein R, Dawid I. Cloning of the cDNA encoding a myosin heavy chain B isoform of Xenopus nonmuscle myosin with an insert in the head region. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1993;90:2856-9 pubmed..In contrast to chicken, all frog tissues and embryonic stages tested contained the insert-bearing form, and no evidence for a non-insert-bearing MHC-B isoform was found in Xenopus. ..
- Voloshin O, Wang L, Camerini Otero R. Homologous DNA pairing promoted by a 20-amino acid peptide derived from RecA. Science. 1996;272:868-72 pubmed..These events probably recapitulate the underlying molecular pathway or mechanism used by homologous recombination proteins. ..
- Schuler G, Boguski M, Stewart E, Stein L, Gyapay G, Rice K, et al. A gene map of the human genome. Science. 1996;274:540-6 pubmed..The integrated resource is available through a site on the World Wide Web at http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/SCIENCE96/. ..
- Kulaeva O, Koonin E, Wootton J, Levine A, Woodgate R. Unusual insertion element polymorphisms in the promoter and terminator regions of the mucAB-like genes of R471a and R446b. Mutat Res. 1998;397:247-62 pubmed..Such observations might help explain the distribution of umu-like genes on R-plasmids and bacterial chromosomes. ..
- Dell Angelica E, Klumperman J, Stoorvogel W, Bonifacino J. Association of the AP-3 adaptor complex with clathrin. Science. 1998;280:431-4 pubmed..AP-3 colocalized with clathrin in cells as observed by immunofluorescence and immunoelectron microscopy. Thus, AP-3 function in protein sorting may depend on clathrin. ..
- Green S, Malkovska I, O Sullivan M, Brown K. Rhesus and pig-tailed macaque parvoviruses: identification of two new members of the erythrovirus genus in monkeys. Virology. 2000;269:105-12 pubmed..Both viruses have been cloned and over 5000 nucleotides sequenced from each virus. The viruses show marked similarities to other members of the Erythrovirus genus in the Parvoviridae family...
- Hoare S, Usdin T. Molecular mechanisms of ligand recognition by parathyroid hormone 1 (PTH1) and PTH2 receptors. Curr Pharm Des. 2001;7:689-713 pubmed..This finding suggests that it might be possible to design low molecular-weight PTH1 receptor agonists, which could be bone anabolic agents and used for the treatment of osteoporosis. ..
- Teufel A, Wong E, Mukhopadhyay M, Malik N, Westphal H. FoxP4, a novel forkhead transcription factor. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2003;1627:147-52 pubmed..In addition, FoxP4 was found to be significantly reduced in patients with kidney tumors. Lastly, FoxP4 matches an uncharacterized human EST that has previously been shown to be down-regulated in larynx carcinoma. ..
- Ribeiro J, Andersen J, Silva Neto M, Pham V, Garfield M, Valenzuela J. Exploring the sialome of the blood-sucking bug Rhodnius prolixus. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2004;34:61-79 pubmed..The electronic version of the complete tables is available at http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/projects/vectors/rhodnius_prolixus. ..
- Snyder J, Belyakov I, Dzutsev A, Lemonnier F, Berzofsky J. Protection against lethal vaccinia virus challenge in HLA-A2 transgenic mice by immunization with a single CD8+ T-cell peptide epitope of vaccinia and variola viruses. J Virol. 2004;78:7052-60 pubmed..1-positive individuals, representing almost half the population...
- Bacikova D, Horowitz D. Genetic and functional interaction of evolutionarily conserved regions of the Prp18 protein and the U5 snRNA. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:2107-16 pubmed
- Sam V, Tai C, Garnier J, Gibrat J, Lee B, Munson P. ROC and confusion analysis of structure comparison methods identify the main causes of divergence from manual protein classification. BMC Bioinformatics. 2006;7:206 pubmed..Others may be intrinsic to the problem, suggesting a continuous rather than discrete protein fold space. ..
- Joseph T, McAuliffe J, Lu B, Jin H, Kemble G, Subbarao K. Evaluation of replication and pathogenicity of avian influenza a H7 subtype viruses in a mouse model. J Virol. 2007;81:10558-66 pubmed..The mouse model can be used for the preclinical evaluation of these vaccines against H7 subtype viruses. ..
- Rostovtseva T, Sheldon K, Hassanzadeh E, Monge C, Saks V, Bezrukov S, et al. Tubulin binding blocks mitochondrial voltage-dependent anion channel and regulates respiration. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:18746-51 pubmed publisher..Additionally, tubulins that have lost significant length or anionic character are only found in cells that do not have mitochondria. ..
- Sergeev Y, Smaoui N, Sui R, Stiles D, Gordiyenko N, Strunnikova N, et al. The functional effect of pathogenic mutations in Rab escort protein 1. Mutat Res. 2009;665:44-50 pubmed publisher..The presumptive loss of protein was confirmed by Western Blot analysis of protein from mononuclear cells and fibroblasts (FB) from CHM patients. ..
- Agarwal R, Silver P, Caspi R. Rodent models of experimental autoimmune uveitis. Methods Mol Biol. 2012;900:443-69 pubmed publisher..The ability to induce EAU in various gene-manipulated, including HLA-transgenic, mouse strains makes the EAU model suitable for the study of basic mechanisms as well as in clinically relevant interventions...
- Poliakov E, Gubin A, Stearn O, Li Y, Campos M, Gentleman S, et al. Origin and evolution of retinoid isomerization machinery in vertebrate visual cycle: hint from jawless vertebrates. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e49975 pubmed publisher..in the last common ancestor of the jawless and jawed vertebrates...
- Kerr J, Fisher L, Termine J, Young M. The cDNA cloning and RNA distribution of bovine osteopontin. Gene. 1991;108:237-43 pubmed..Whether bovine OPN enhances cell attachment is unknown. Furthermore, whether the loss of a potential Ca(2+)-binding loop alters the function of OPN would be interesting to determine. ..
- Gencic S, Abuelo D, Ambler M, Hudson L. Pelizaeus-Merzbacher disease: an X-linked neurologic disorder of myelin metabolism with a novel mutation in the gene encoding proteolipid protein. Am J Hum Genet. 1989;45:435-42 pubmed..The other variants (types III-VI), which have sometimes been categorized as Pelizaeus-Merzbacher disease, may represent mutations in genes encoding other structural myelin proteins or proteins critical to myelination. ..
- Hartley R. Barnase and barstar. Expression of its cloned inhibitor permits expression of a cloned ribonuclease. J Mol Biol. 1988;202:913-5 pubmed..The structure of these plasmids and the derived 89 amino acid sequence of barstar are reported. ..
- Karsch Mizrachi I, Haynes S. The Rb97D gene encodes a potential RNA-binding protein required for spermatogenesis in Drosophila. Nucleic Acids Res. 1993;21:2229-35 pubmed..Analysis of a mutant containing a P element inserted into the 5' untranslated region of the gene demonstrates that Rb97D is required for male fertility. Possible models for the function of Rb97D in testes are discussed. ..
- Schoen T, Mazuruk K, Waldbillig R, Potts J, Beebe D, Chader G, et al. Cloning and characterization of a chick embryo cDNA and gene for IGF-binding protein-2. J Mol Endocrinol. 1995;15:49-59 pubmed..Southern blot analysis of chicken genomic DNA suggested that it is encoded by a single gene. The sequence information from the avian IGFBP-2 should be of value in examining the role of IGFBP-2 in vertebrate development. ..
- Di Francesco V, Garnier J, Munson P. Protein topology recognition from secondary structure sequences: application of the hidden Markov models to the alpha class proteins. J Mol Biol. 1997;267:446-63 pubmed..To illustrate the potential utility of our method, protein topology recognition is attempted on leptin, the obese gene product, and the human interleukin-6 sequence, for which fold predictions have been previously published. ..
- Ban C, Yang W. Structural basis for MutH activation in E.coli mismatch repair and relationship of MutH to restriction endonucleases. EMBO J. 1998;17:1526-34 pubmed..With sequence homology to Sau3AI and structural similarity to PvuII endonuclease, MutH is clearly related to these enzymes by divergent evolution, and this suggests that type II restriction endonucleases evolved from a common ancestor. ..
- Sinha D, Esumi N, Jaworski C, Kozak C, Pierce E, Wistow G. Cloning and mapping the mouse Crygs gene and non-lens expression of [gamma]S-crystallin. Mol Vis. 1998;4:8 pubmed..Non-lens expression seems to increase with age in young mice, hinting that [gamma]S may have a role similar to that of a stress protein in tissues of the eye, perhaps related to accumulating insults resulting from light exposure. ..
- Flomerfelt F, Kim M, Schwartz R. Spatial, a gene expressed in thymic stromal cells, depends on three-dimensional thymus organization for its expression. Genes Immun. 2000;1:391-401 pubmed..Paracortical subcapsular cells of unknown function were also stained in the LN. Both forms of Spatial fused to the green fluorescent protein (GFP) localize to the nucleus in transfected cells. ..
- Antonellis A, Ellsworth R, Sambuughin N, Puls I, Abel A, Lee Lin S, et al. Glycyl tRNA synthetase mutations in Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease type 2D and distal spinal muscular atrophy type V. Am J Hum Genet. 2003;72:1293-9 pubmed..This is the first example of an aminoacyl tRNA synthetase being implicated in a human genetic disease, which makes genes that encode these enzymes relevant candidates for other inherited neuropathies and motor neuron diseases. ..
- Rzadzinska A, Derr A, Kachar B, Noben Trauth K. Sustained cadherin 23 expression in young and adult cochlea of normal and hearing-impaired mice. Hear Res. 2005;208:114-21 pubmed
- Kato H, Feng H, Bai Y. The folding pathway of T4 lysozyme: the high-resolution structure and folding of a hidden intermediate. J Mol Biol. 2007;365:870-80 pubmed..It folds like many small single domain proteins. These results have implications for understanding the folding mechanism and evolution of multi-domain proteins. ..
- Srivastava P, Demarre G, Karpova T, McNally J, Chattoraj D. Changes in nucleoid morphology and origin localization upon inhibition or alteration of the actin homolog, MreB, of Vibrio cholerae. J Bacteriol. 2007;189:7450-63 pubmed..The sister origins of chromosome II also separated less. Thus, it appears that the inhibition or alteration of Vibrio MreB can affect both the nucleoid morphology and origin localization. ..
- Takizawa M, Tolarová H, Li Z, DuBois W, Lim S, Callen E, et al. AID expression levels determine the extent of cMyc oncogenic translocations and the incidence of B cell tumor development. J Exp Med. 2008;205:1949-57 pubmed publisher..These results thus provide a causality link between the extent of AID enzymatic activity, the number of emerging Igh-cMyc-translocated cells, and the incidence of B cell transformation. ..
- Heiman E, McDonald S, Barro M, Taraporewala Z, Bar Magen T, Patton J. Group A human rotavirus genomics: evidence that gene constellations are influenced by viral protein interactions. J Virol. 2008;82:11106-16 pubmed publisher..The results of this study provide evidence that group A HRV gene constellations exist and may be influenced by interactions among viral proteins during replication. ..
- Millet C, Yamashita M, Heller M, Yu L, Veenstra T, Zhang Y. A negative feedback control of transforming growth factor-beta signaling by glycogen synthase kinase 3-mediated Smad3 linker phosphorylation at Ser-204. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:19808-16 pubmed publisher..Thus, our findings reveal a novel aspect of the Smad3 signaling mechanism that controls the final amplitude of cellular responses to TGF-beta. ..
- Shukla V, Zheng Y, Mishra S, Amin N, Steiner J, Grant P, et al. A truncated peptide from p35, a Cdk5 activator, prevents Alzheimer's disease phenotypes in model mice. FASEB J. 2013;27:174-86 pubmed publisher..In addition, treated mice displayed decreased inflammation, amyloid plaques, NFTs, cell death, and an extended life by 2 mo. These results suggest TFP5 as a potential therapeutic, toxicity-free candidate for AD. ..
- Wolffe A. Structural and functional properties of the evolutionarily ancient Y-box family of nucleic acid binding proteins. Bioessays. 1994;16:245-51 pubmed..This review discusses the organization of the prokaryotic and eukaryotic Y-box proteins, how they interact with nucleic acids, and their biological roles, both proven and potential. ..
- Gong D, Horikoshi M, Nakatani Y. Analysis of cDNA encoding Drosophila transcription initiation factor TFIIF alpha (RAP74). Nucleic Acids Res. 1993;21:1492 pubmed
- Price S, Nightingale M, Tsuchiya M, Moss J, Vaughan M. Interspecies relationships among ADP-ribosylation factors (ARFs): evidence of evolutionary pressure to maintain individual identities. Mol Cell Biochem. 1996;159:15-23 pubmed..The unusually high degree of conservation of the untranslated regions is consistent with these regions having important regulatory roles and that individual ARFs contain structurally unique elements required for specific functions. ..
- Chen D, Guo J, Gahl W. RAB GTPases expressed in human melanoma cells. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1997;1355:1-6 pubmed
- Guarné A, Junop M, Yang W. Structure and function of the N-terminal 40 kDa fragment of human PMS2: a monomeric GHL ATPase. EMBO J. 2001;20:5521-31 pubmed..The potential heterodimer interface revealed by crystallography provides a mutagenesis target for functional studies of MutLalpha. ..
- Cho E, Schwartz R, Kim M. Shedding of membrane epithin is blocked without LDLRA4 and its protease activation site. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;327:328-34 pubmed..These results strongly suggest that the serine protease activity is involved in the shedding process. The presence of epithin(Delta) message was detected in multiple tissues and its significance is discussed. ..
- Stefanovic S, Hegde R. Identification of a targeting factor for posttranslational membrane protein insertion into the ER. Cell. 2007;128:1147-59 pubmed..Thus, TRC40/Asna-1 represents an integral component of a posttranslational pathway of membrane protein insertion whose targeting is mediated by TRC. ..
- Shohet R, Conti M, Kawamoto S, Preston Y, Brill D, Adelstein R. Cloning of the cDNA encoding the myosin heavy chain of a vertebrate cellular myosin. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1989;86:7726-30 pubmed..Comparison of amino acid sequences in the rod regions between human and chicken cellular MHCs shows a remarkable 92% identity. ..
- Tatusov R, Altschul S, Koonin E. Detection of conserved segments in proteins: iterative scanning of sequence databases with alignment blocks. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1994;91:12091-5 pubmed..The procedure described was used to detect novel conserved motifs of potential biological importance. ..
- Shpakovski G. The fission yeast Schizosaccharomyces pombe rpb6 gene encodes the common phosphorylated subunit of RNA polymerase and complements a mutation in the corresponding gene of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Gene. 1994;147:63-9 pubmed..Moreover, a heterospecific complementation test showed that rpb6 from Sz. pombe fully complements a complete deletion of its S. cerevisiae homologue. ..