Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on amino acid sequence homology in Bethesda, Maryland, United States
Locale: Bethesda, Maryland, United States
Topic: amino acid sequence homology
Publications144 found, 100 shown here
- Putilina T, Wong P, Gentleman S. The DHHC domain: a new highly conserved cysteine-rich motif. Mol Cell Biochem. 1999;195:219-26 pubmed
- Sapone A, Peters J, Sakai S, Tomita S, Papiha S, Dai R, et al. The human peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha gene: identification and functional characterization of two natural allelic variants. Pharmacogenetics. 2000;10:321-33 pubmed..The biological significance of these novel PPARalpha alleles remains to be established. It will be of great interest to determine whether these alleles are associated with differential response to fibrate therapy. ..
- Panchenko V, Glasser C, Mayer M. Structural similarities between glutamate receptor channels and K(+) channels examined by scanning mutagenesis. J Gen Physiol. 2001;117:345-60 pubmed
- Hwang C, D Souza U, Eisch A, Yajima S, Lammers C, Yang Y, et al. Dopamine receptor regulating factor, DRRF: a zinc finger transcription factor. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:7558-63 pubmed..The latter observations provide a basis for dopamine receptor regulation after these manipulations. We conclude that DRRF is important for modulating dopaminergic transmission in the brain. ..
- Ganguly S, Mummaneni P, Steinbach P, Klein D, Coon S. Characterization of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae homolog of the melatonin rhythm enzyme arylalkylamine N-acetyltransferase (EC 220.127.116.11). J Biol Chem. 2001;276:47239-47 pubmed..Perhaps the most striking difference is that fungal AANATs lack the regulatory domains of the vertebrate enzyme, which appear to be essential for the regulatory role the enzyme plays in photochemical transduction. ..
- Tang P, Cheng T, Agnello D, Wu C, Hissong B, Watford W, et al. Cybr, a cytokine-inducible protein that binds cytohesin-1 and regulates its activity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:2625-9 pubmed..Because the binding protein modified activation of ADP ribosylation factor by cytohesin-1, we designate this cytokine-inducible protein Cybr (cytohesin binder and regulator). ..
- Brzostowski J, Johnson C, Kimmel A. Galpha-mediated inhibition of developmental signal response. Curr Biol. 2002;12:1199-208 pubmed..Galpha9 may be part of the mechanism that regulates lateral signal inhibition or that modulates receptor desensitization. ..
- Felici A, Wurthner J, Parks W, Giam L, Reiss M, Karpova T, et al. TLP, a novel modulator of TGF-beta signaling, has opposite effects on Smad2- and Smad3-dependent signaling. EMBO J. 2003;22:4465-77 pubmed..We propose that TLP might regulate the balance of Smad2 and Smad3 signaling by localizing Smad4 intracellularly, thus contributing to cellular specificity of TGF-beta transcriptional responses in both normal and pathophysiology. ..
- Correa Cerro L, Porter F. 3beta-hydroxysterol Delta7-reductase and the Smith-Lemli-Opitz syndrome. Mol Genet Metab. 2005;84:112-26 pubmed..This paper reviews the biochemical, molecular, and mutational aspects of DHCR7. ..
- Shieh J, Pan C, Mansfield B, Chou J. In islet-specific glucose-6-phosphatase-related protein, the beta cell antigenic sequence that is targeted in diabetes is not responsible for the loss of phosphohydrolase activity. Diabetologia. 2005;48:1851-9 pubmed..It is possible that IGRP levels in beta cells could dictate susceptibilities to diabetes. ..
- Ambudkar S, Kim I, Xia D, Sauna Z. The A-loop, a novel conserved aromatic acid subdomain upstream of the Walker A motif in ABC transporters, is critical for ATP binding. FEBS Lett. 2006;580:1049-55 pubmed
- Mendiratta G, Eriksson P, Shen C, Clark D. The DNA-binding domain of the yeast Spt10p activator includes a zinc finger that is homologous to foamy virus integrase. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:7040-8 pubmed..The zinc finger of Spt10p is homologous to that of foamy virus integrase, perhaps suggesting that this integrase is also a sequence-specific DNA-binding protein. ..
- Hofer T, Tangkeangsirisin W, Kennedy M, Mage R, Raiker S, Venkatesh K, et al. Chimeric rabbit/human Fab and IgG specific for members of the Nogo-66 receptor family selected for species cross-reactivity with an improved phage display vector. J Immunol Methods. 2007;318:75-87 pubmed
- Gaur D, Singh S, Singh S, Jiang L, Diouf A, Miller L. Recombinant Plasmodium falciparum reticulocyte homology protein 4 binds to erythrocytes and blocks invasion. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:17789-94 pubmed..These findings suggest that, although PfRH4 is required for invasion of neuraminidase-treated erythrocytes by Dd2/NM, it is inaccessible for antibody-mediated inhibition of the invasion process...
- Esser L, Elberry M, Zhou F, Yu C, Yu L, Xia D. Inhibitor-complexed structures of the cytochrome bc1 from the photosynthetic bacterium Rhodobacter sphaeroides. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:2846-57 pubmed publisher..Functional implications for the bc(1) complex are derived from analyses of 10 independent molecules in various crystal forms and from comparisons with mitochondrial complexes...
- Compton E, Taylor E, Mindell J. The 3-4 loop of an archaeal glutamate transporter homolog experiences ligand-induced structural changes and is essential for transport. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:12840-5 pubmed publisher..These results inculcate the 3-4 loop as an important player in the transport process, a finding not predicted by any of the available crystal structures of Glt(Ph). ..
- Ramaswamy A, Maurelli A. Chlamydia trachomatis serovar L2 can utilize exogenous lipoic acid through the action of the lipoic acid ligase LplA1. J Bacteriol. 2010;192:6172-81 pubmed publisher..Based on genetic complementation in a surrogate host, our study also suggests that the C. trachomatis serovar L2 LipA homolog may not be functional in vivo. ..
- Vermut M, Widner W, Dinman J, Wickner R. Sequence of MKT1, needed for propagation of M2 satellite dsRNA of the L-A virus of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Yeast. 1994;10:1477-9 pubmed..We report that MKT1 encodes a 92,979 Da protein with serine-rich regions and the retroviral protease signature, DTG, but with no substantial homology to proteins presently in the databases. ..
- Wang Y, Santini F, Qin K, Huang C. A Mg(2+)-dependent, Ca(2+)-inhibitable serine/threonine protein phosphatase from bovine brain. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:25607-12 pubmed
- Lalwani A, Brister J, Fex J, Grundfast K, Ploplis B, San Agustin T, et al. Further elucidation of the genomic structure of PAX3, and identification of two different point mutations within the PAX3 homeobox that cause Waardenburg syndrome type 1 in two families. Am J Hum Genet. 1995;56:75-83 pubmed..These homeodomain mutations should aid in elucidating the role of the homeodomain in the function of the PAX3 protein. ..
- Ni B, Rosteck P, Nadi N, Paul S. Cloning and expression of a cDNA encoding a brain-specific Na(+)-dependent inorganic phosphate cotransporter. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1994;91:5607-11 pubmed..Together, these data demonstrate the presence of a specific neuronal Na(+)-dependent transport system for Pi in brain. ..
- Bharathi A, Ghosh A, Whalen W, Yoon J, Pu R, Dasso M, et al. The human RAE1 gene is a functional homologue of Schizosaccharomyces pombe rae1 gene involved in nuclear export of Poly(A)+ RNA. Gene. 1997;198:251-8 pubmed..An epitope tagged human Rae1p localizes to both the nucleus and the cytoplasm in transiently transfected HeLa cells. We discuss the potential role of Rae1p in nuclear cytoplasmic trafficking in yeast and higher eukaryotic cells. ..
- Pazman C, Mayes C, Fanto M, Haynes S, Mlodzik M. Rasputin, the Drosophila homologue of the RasGAP SH3 binding protein, functions in ras- and Rho-mediated signaling. Development. 2000;127:1715-25 pubmed..These data suggest that Rin is not a general component of polarity generation, but serves a function specific to Ras and RhoA signaling pathways. ..
- Blake T, Adya N, Kim C, Oates A, Zon L, Chitnis A, et al. Zebrafish homolog of the leukemia gene CBFB: its expression during embryogenesis and its relationship to scl and gata-1 in hematopoiesis. Blood. 2000;96:4178-84 pubmed..Our results indicate that cbfb is expressed in early hematopoietic progenitors and that its expression pattern in the hematopoietic mutants is similar to that of scl. (Blood. 2000;96:4178-4184) ..
- Demidenko Z, Badenhorst P, Jones T, Bi X, Mortin M. Regulated nuclear export of the homeodomain transcription factor Prospero. Development. 2001;128:1359-67 pubmed..We propose that a combination of cortical tethering and regulated nuclear export controls Prospero subcellular distribution and function in all higher eukaryotes. ..
- Forgues M, Marrogi A, Spillare E, Wu C, Yang Q, Yoshida M, et al. Interaction of the hepatitis B virus X protein with the Crm1-dependent nuclear export pathway. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:22797-803 pubmed..We suggest that Crm1 may play a role in HBx-mediated liver carcinogenesis. ..
- Thompson J, Hess S, Pikis A. Genes malh and pagl of Clostridium acetobutylicum ATCC 824 encode NAD+- and Mn2+-dependent phospho-alpha-glucosidase(s). J Biol Chem. 2004;279:1553-61 pubmed publisher..Of the two putative operons, our findings suggest that only proteins encoded by the mal operon participate in the dissimilation of maltose and related O-alpha-linked glucosides by C. acetobutylicum 824...
- Kouprina N, Mullokandov M, Rogozin I, Collins N, Solomon G, Otstot J, et al. The SPANX gene family of cancer/testis-specific antigens: rapid evolution and amplification in African great apes and hominids. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:3077-82 pubmed publisher..Thus, evolution of the SPANX family appears to have involved positive selection that affected not only the protein sequence but also the synonymous sites in the coding sequence...
- Kemp C, Kopish K, Zipperlen P, Ahringer J, O Connell K. Centrosome maturation and duplication in C. elegans require the coiled-coil protein SPD-2. Dev Cell. 2004;6:511-23 pubmed..Thus, we have identified SPD-2 as a factor critical for the two basic functions of the centrosome-microtubule organization and duplication. ..
- Chuman Y, Uren A, Cahill J, Regan C, Wolf V, Kay B, et al. Identification of a peptide binding motif for secreted frizzled-related protein-1. Peptides. 2004;25:1831-8 pubmed..9 microM. Additional analysis revealed that DGR was the core of the binding motif. Although Wnt proteins lack this sequence, other proteins possessing the DGR motif may function as novel binding partners for sFRP-1. ..
- Kouprina N, Noskov V, Pavlicek A, Collins N, Schoppee Bortz P, Ottolenghi C, et al. Evolutionary diversification of SPANX-N sperm protein gene structure and expression. PLoS ONE. 2007;2:e359 pubmed..SPANX proteins thus provide unique targets to investigate their roles in the function of spermatozoa, selected malignancies, and for SPANX-N, in other tissues as well. ..
- Ramon Maiques S, Kuo A, Carney D, Matthews A, Oettinger M, Gozani O, et al. The plant homeodomain finger of RAG2 recognizes histone H3 methylated at both lysine-4 and arginine-2. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:18993-8 pubmed
- Metifiot M, Maddali K, Naumova A, Zhang X, Marchand C, Pommier Y. Biochemical and pharmacological analyses of HIV-1 integrase flexible loop mutants resistant to raltegravir. Biochemistry. 2010;49:3715-22 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that IN mutations at positions 140 and 148 in the IN flexible loop can account for the phenotype of RAL-resistant viruses. ..
- Park C, Pardhasaradhi K, Gianotti C, Villegas E, Krishna G. Human retina expresses both constitutive and inducible isoforms of nitric oxide synthase mRNA. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1994;205:85-91 pubmed..4kb, while the message for rbNOS was not detectable. This was the first report of the deduced nucleotide sequence identification of two NOS genes from a human tissue, while there had been earlier reports from culture cells. ..
- Jensen J, Cenciarelli C, Hou D, Rellahan B, Dean M, Weissman A. T cell antigen receptor-eta subunit. Low levels of expression and limited cross-species conservation. J Immunol. 1993;150:122-30 pubmed
- Ray M, Wistow G, Su Y, Meltzer P, Trent J. AIM1, a novel non-lens member of the betagamma-crystallin superfamily, is associated with the control of tumorigenicity in human malignant melanoma. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:3229-34 pubmed..AIM1 is a good candidate for the putative suppressor of malignant melanoma on chromosome 6, possibly exerting its effects through interactions with the cytoskeleton. ..
- Arepalli S, Jones E, Howcroft T, Carlo I, Wang C, Lindahl K, et al. Characterization of two class I genes from the H2-M region: evidence for a new subfamily. Immunogenetics. 1998;47:264-71 pubmed..M9 is only 64% similar to M10 and 60% to H2-K k. Probes from M10 define a new subfamily of eight class I genes in C3H mice; five cluster directly distal to H2-T1, and three are located between M9-1-7-8 and M6-4-5 in the H2-M region. ..
- Kim M, Chen C, Lyu M, Cho E, Park D, Kozak C, et al. Cloning and chromosomal mapping of a gene isolated from thymic stromal cells encoding a new mouse type II membrane serine protease, epithin, containing four LDL receptor modules and two CUB domains. Immunogenetics. 1999;49:420-8 pubmed..This gene, Prss14 (protease, serine, 14), was mapped to mouse chromosome 9 and is closely linked to the Fli1 (Friend leukemia integration 1) gene. ..
- Marchler G, Wu C. Modulation of Drosophila heat shock transcription factor activity by the molecular chaperone DROJ1. EMBO J. 2001;20:499-509 pubmed..Our findings support a model in which synergistic interactions between DROJ1 and the HSP70/HSC70 and HSP90 chaperones modulate HSF activity by feedback repression. ..
- Paletzki R. Cloning and characterization of guanine deaminase from mouse and rat brain. Neuroscience. 2002;109:15-26 pubmed..The expression of guanine deaminase is primarily restricted to forebrain neurons. A histochemical assay was used to localize guanine deaminase activity to the dendrites and axons of neurons expressing guanine deaminase. ..
- Iyer L, Koonin E, Aravind L. Extensive domain shuffling in transcription regulators of DNA viruses and implications for the origin of fungal APSES transcription factors. Genome Biol. 2002;3:RESEARCH0012 pubmed..We also demonstrate the extensive role of lineage-specific gene expansion and domain shuffling, within a limited set of approximately 24 domains, in the generation of the diversity of virus-specific regulatory proteins. ..
- Valenzuela J, Pham V, Garfield M, Francischetti I, Ribeiro J. Toward a description of the sialome of the adult female mosquito Aedes aegypti. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2002;32:1101-22 pubmed..The possible role of these proteins in blood and sugar feeding by the mosquito is discussed...
- Teufel A, Wong E, Mukhopadhyay M, Malik N, Westphal H. FoxP4, a novel forkhead transcription factor. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2003;1627:147-52 pubmed..In addition, FoxP4 was found to be significantly reduced in patients with kidney tumors. Lastly, FoxP4 matches an uncharacterized human EST that has previously been shown to be down-regulated in larynx carcinoma. ..
- Palazzolo I, Burnett B, Young J, Brenne P, La Spada A, Fischbeck K, et al. Akt blocks ligand binding and protects against expanded polyglutamine androgen receptor toxicity. Hum Mol Genet. 2007;16:1593-603 pubmed..IGF-1 rescue of AR toxicity is diminished by alanine substitutions at the Akt consensus sites. These results highlight potential targets for therapeutic intervention in SBMA. ..
- Barabas O, Ronning D, Guynet C, Hickman A, Ton Hoang B, Chandler M, et al. Mechanism of IS200/IS605 family DNA transposases: activation and transposon-directed target site selection. Cell. 2008;132:208-20 pubmed publisher..Our structural results explain why the transposon ends are asymmetric and how the transposon selects a target site for integration, and they allow us to propose a molecular model for the entire transposition reaction. ..
- Kulaeva O, Koonin E, McDonald J, Randall S, Rabinovich N, Connaughton J, et al. Identification of a DinB/UmuC homolog in the archeon Sulfolobus solfataricus. Mutat Res. 1996;357:245-53 pubmed
- Santamarina Fojo S, Peterson K, Knapper C, Qiu Y, Freeman L, Cheng J, et al. Complete genomic sequence of the human ABCA1 gene: analysis of the human and mouse ATP-binding cassette A promoter. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2000;97:7987-92 pubmed..These combined findings provide insights into ABCA1-mediated regulation of cellular cholesterol metabolism and will facilitate the identification of new pharmacologic agents for the treatment of atherosclerosis in humans...
- Mullins C, Hartnell L, Bonifacino J. Distinct requirements for the AP-3 adaptor complex in pigment granule and synaptic vesicle biogenesis in Drosophila melanogaster. Mol Gen Genet. 2000;263:1003-14 pubmed..Together, these results demonstrate that Drosophila AP-3 is critical for the biogenesis of pigment granules, but is apparently not essential for formation of a major population of synaptic vesicles in vivo. ..
- Dagvadorj A, Goudeau B, Hilton Jones D, Blancato J, Shatunov A, Simon Casteras M, et al. Respiratory insufficiency in desminopathy patients caused by introduction of proline residues in desmin c-terminal alpha-helical segment. Muscle Nerve. 2003;27:669-75 pubmed
- Lolait S, O Carroll A, Mahan L, Felder C, Button D, Young W, et al. Extrapituitary expression of the rat V1b vasopressin receptor gene. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995;92:6783-7 pubmed..Thus, the V1b receptor must mediate some of the diverse biological effects of AVP in the pituitary as well as other organs. ..
- Wang N, Gottesman S, Willingham M, Gottesman M, Maurizi M. A human mitochondrial ATP-dependent protease that is highly homologous to bacterial Lon protease. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1993;90:11247-51 pubmed..coli Lon protease. ..
- Strzelecka T, Clore G, Gronenborn A. The solution structure of the Mu Ner protein reveals a helix-turn-helix DNA recognition motif. Structure. 1995;3:1087-95 pubmed..The Ner protein from phage D108 and the Nlp protein from E. coli are likely to have very similar tertiary structures due to high amino-acid-sequence identity with Mu Ner. ..
- Miyamoto T, Fiorenza M, Zhao Y, Hasuike S, Westphal H. Molecular cloning and expression analysis of MPP alpha-2, a novel mouse transcript detected in a differential screen of pituitary libraries. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2002;1577:109-12 pubmed..Northern and in situ hybridization analysis revealed differential expression patterns of these two transcripts in the embryo and in the adult organism, suggesting an elaborate regulation of the MPP alpha gene. ..
- Soung N, Kang Y, Kim K, Kamijo K, Yoon H, Seong Y, et al. Requirement of hCenexin for proper mitotic functions of polo-like kinase 1 at the centrosomes. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:8316-35 pubmed..Our results further suggest that the anti-Odf2 immunoreactive centrosomal antigen previously detected in non-germ line cells is likely hCenexin1. ..
- Koonin E, Makarova K, Elkins J. Orthologs of the small RPB8 subunit of the eukaryotic RNA polymerases are conserved in hyperthermophilic Crenarchaeota and "Korarchaeota". Biol Direct. 2007;2:38 pubmed..These findings suggest that all 12 core subunits of eukaryotic RNAPs were already present in the last common ancestor of the extant archaea...
- Rayavara K, Rajapandi T, Wollenberg K, Kabat J, Fischer E, Desai S. A complex of three related membrane proteins is conserved on malarial merozoites. Mol Biochem Parasitol. 2009;167:135-43 pubmed publisher..Because all three genes are highly conserved in apicomplexan parasites, the complex formed by their encoded proteins likely serves an essential role for invasive merozoites. ..
- Gu J, Dubner R, Fornace A, Iadarola M. UREB1, a tyrosine phosphorylated nuclear protein, inhibits p53 transactivation. Oncogene. 1995;11:2175-8 pubmed..These data suggest that optimal suppression of p53 transactivation requires tyrosine phosphorylated UREB1 and that tyrosine phosphorylation and dephosphorylation processes may be involved in the regulation of p53 transactivation. ..
- Ji H, Sandberg K, Zhang Y, Catt K. Molecular cloning, sequencing and functional expression of an amphibian angiotensin II receptor. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1993;194:756-62 pubmed..Comparative analysis of xAT and AT1 receptors should facilitate elucidation of the structural basis of their binding and activation properties. ..
- Park J, Levine M. Purification, cloning and expression of dehydroascorbic acid-reducing activity from human neutrophils: identification as glutaredoxin. Biochem J. 1996;315 ( Pt 3):931-8 pubmed
- Lavedan C, Leroy E, Dehejia A, Buchholtz S, Dutra A, Nussbaum R, et al. Identification, localization and characterization of the human gamma-synuclein gene. Hum Genet. 1998;103:106-12 pubmed..The gamma-synuclein gene, also known as BCSG1, was recently found to be overexpressed in advanced infiltrating carcinoma of the breast. Our survey of the EST database indicated that it might also be overexpressed in an ovarian tumor. ..
- Tong W, Rouault T. Distinct iron-sulfur cluster assembly complexes exist in the cytosol and mitochondria of human cells. EMBO J. 2000;19:5692-700 pubmed..The possible roles of the IscU proteins in mammalian cells and the potential implications of compartmentalization of Fe-S cluster assembly are discussed. ..
- Boulanger A, Liu S, Yu S, Redmond T. Sequence and structure of the mouse gene for RPE65. Mol Vis. 2001;7:283-7 pubmed..RPE65 is a highly conserved protein and it appears that the genes for the mouse and human RPE65s, at least, are also conserved in overall structure. ..
- Liu Y, Graham C, Li A, Fisher R, Shaw S. Phosphorylation of the protein kinase C-theta activation loop and hydrophobic motif regulates its kinase activity, but only activation loop phosphorylation is critical to in vivo nuclear-factor-kappaB induction. Biochem J. 2002;361:255-65 pubmed..These findings expand our understanding of the roles of phosphorylation in novel PKCs, and indicate that PKC-theta is a constitutively competent kinase as a consequence of constitutive phosphorylation of its activation loop. ..
- Coon S, Klein D. Evolution of arylalkylamine N-acetyltransferase: emergence and divergence. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2006;252:2-10 pubmed..Lastly, a third AANAT gene has been found in teleost fish, suggesting that AANAT genes serve multiple functions in addition to melatonin synthesis. ..
- Kozlow E, Wilson G, Fox C, Kehrl J. Subtractive cDNA cloning of a novel member of the Ig gene superfamily expressed at high levels in activated B lymphocytes. Blood. 1993;81:454-61 pubmed..BL11 should prove to be an interesting gene that likely encodes for a protein involved in B-cell activation. ..
- Gonzalez M, Frank E, Levine A, Woodgate R. Lon-mediated proteolysis of the Escherichia coli UmuD mutagenesis protein: in vitro degradation and identification of residues required for proteolysis. Genes Dev. 1998;12:3889-99 pubmed
- Liu Z, Yang X, Tan F, Cullion K, Thiele C. Molecular cloning and characterization of human Castor, a novel human gene upregulated during cell differentiation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;344:834-44 pubmed..CASZ1 is expressed in a number of human tumors and localizes to a chromosomal region frequently lost in tumors of neuroectodermal origin. ..
- Motegi A, Sood R, Moinova H, Markowitz S, Liu P, Myung K. Human SHPRH suppresses genomic instability through proliferating cell nuclear antigen polyubiquitination. J Cell Biol. 2006;175:703-8 pubmed..Therefore, the yRad5/SHPRH-dependent pathway is a conserved and fundamental DNA repair mechanism that protects the genome from genotoxic stress. ..
- Bennett R, Ton D, Hanson C, Murphy B, Whitehead S. Genome sequence analysis of La Crosse virus and in vitro and in vivo phenotypes. Virol J. 2007;4:41 pubmed..The majority of LACV infections are mild and never reported, however, serologic studies estimate infection rates of 10-30/100,000 in endemic areas...
- Shatunov A, OlivÃ© M, Odgerel Z, Stadelmann Nessler C, Irlbacher K, van Landeghem F, et al. In-frame deletion in the seventh immunoglobulin-like repeat of filamin C in a family with myofibrillar myopathy. Eur J Hum Genet. 2009;17:656-63 pubmed publisher..The study results suggest that the novel p.Val930_Thr933del mutation in filamin C is the cause of MFM but also indicate that filamin C mutations are a comparatively rare cause of MFM. ..
- Chambers C, Russell P. Sequence of the human lens beta B2-crystallin-encoding cDNA. Gene. 1993;133:295-9 pubmed..It codes for a 23-kDa protein of 205 amino acid residues. Comparison of the overall nt and deduced aa sequences shows a greater similarity of h beta B2-cry to bovine beta B2-cry than to m beta B2-cry or rat beta B2-cry. ..
- Zhang J, Liu W, Tang D, Chen L, Wang M, Pack S, et al. Identification and characterization of a novel member of olfactomedin-related protein family, hGC-1, expressed during myeloid lineage development. Gene. 2002;283:83-93 pubmed
- Geiszt M, Kopp J, Varnai P, Leto T. Identification of renox, an NAD(P)H oxidase in kidney. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2000;97:8010-4 pubmed
- Szabo R, Netzel Arnett S, Hobson J, Antalis T, Bugge T. Matriptase-3 is a novel phylogenetically preserved membrane-anchored serine protease with broad serpin reactivity. Biochem J. 2005;390:231-42 pubmed..Our study identifies matriptase-3 as a novel biologically active TTSP of the matriptase subfamily having a unique expression pattern and post-translational regulation. ..
- Cerritelli S, Crouch R. Ribonuclease H: the enzymes in eukaryotes. FEBS J. 2009;276:1494-505 pubmed publisher..Mutations in any of the three subunits of human RNase H2 cause Aicardi-GoutiÃ¨res syndrome, a human neurological disorder with devastating consequences. ..
- Cao X, Kozak C, Liu Y, Noguchi M, O Connell E, Leonard W. Characterization of cDNAs encoding the murine interleukin 2 receptor (IL-2R) gamma chain: chromosomal mapping and tissue specificity of IL-2R gamma chain expression. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1993;90:8464-8 pubmed..The cloning of the murine IL-2R gamma cDNA will facilitate the investigation of the role of this protein in lymphocyte function and thymic development. ..
- Perez Mediavilla L, Chew C, Campochiaro P, Nickells R, Notario V, Zack D, et al. Sequence and expression analysis of bovine pigment epithelium-derived factor. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1998;1398:203-14 pubmed..Thus, the bovine PEDF cDNA isolated here codes for a functional soluble secreted PEDF glycoprotein. ..
- Zhang J, Zhao X, Wei Q, Paterson B. Direct inhibition of G(1) cdk kinase activity by MyoD promotes myoblast cell cycle withdrawal and terminal differentiation. EMBO J. 1999;18:6983-93 pubmed
- Aravind L, Koonin E. THUMP--a predicted RNA-binding domain shared by 4-thiouridine, pseudouridine synthases and RNA methylases. Trends Biochem Sci. 2001;26:215-7 pubmed..We predict that this domain is an RNA-binding domain that adopts an alpha/beta fold similar to that found in the C-terminal domain of translation initiation factor 3 and ribosomal protein S8. ..
- Sergeev Y, Smaoui N, Sui R, Stiles D, Gordiyenko N, Strunnikova N, et al. The functional effect of pathogenic mutations in Rab escort protein 1. Mutat Res. 2009;665:44-50 pubmed publisher..The presumptive loss of protein was confirmed by Western Blot analysis of protein from mononuclear cells and fibroblasts (FB) from CHM patients. ..
- Kawakami Y, Eliyahu S, Delgado C, Robbins P, Sakaguchi K, Appella E, et al. Identification of a human melanoma antigen recognized by tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes associated with in vivo tumor rejection. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1994;91:6458-62 pubmed
- Nightingale K, Dimitrov S, Reeves R, Wolffe A. Evidence for a shared structural role for HMG1 and linker histones B4 and H1 in organizing chromatin. EMBO J. 1996;15:548-61 pubmed..However, neither histone B4 nor HMG1 influence the DNase I or hydroxyl radical digestion of DNA within the nucleosome core. We suggest that HMG1/2 and histone B4 have a shared structural role in organizing linker DNA in the nucleosome. ..
- Chen H, Kinzer C, Paul W. p161, a murine membrane protein expressed on mast cells and some macrophages, is mouse CD13/aminopeptidase N. J Immunol. 1996;157:2593-600 pubmed..Northern blot analysis shows that p161 mRNA is most abundantly expressed in the intestinal tract and kidney and is present in liver, lymph node, spleen, and brain. ..
- Otterson G, Kaye F. A 'core ATPase', Hsp70-like structure is conserved in human, rat, and C. elegans STCH proteins. Gene. 1997;199:287-92 pubmed..The recognition that the truncated 'core ATPase' structure of the STCH molecule is conserved in human, rat, and C. elegans tissues suggests an important role for this unique member of the membrane-bound Hsp70 family. ..
- Maitra R, Grigoryev D, Bera T, Pastan I, Lee B. Cloning, molecular characterization, and expression analysis of Copine 8. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;303:842-7 pubmed..Strongest expression of Copine 8 mRNA is seen in the prostate, heart, and brain. Taken together, this data suggest that Copine 8 may have an important role to play in prostate regulation and development. ..
- Nau M, Lipkowitz S. Comparative genomic organization of the cbl genes. Gene. 2003;308:103-13 pubmed..The genomic organization of the cbl genes from various species provides insight into the evolution of the cbl gene family. ..
- Bera T, Das S, Maeda H, Beers R, Wolfgang C, Kumar V, et al. NGEP, a gene encoding a membrane protein detected only in prostate cancer and normal prostate. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:3059-64 pubmed..Because of its selective expression in prostate cancer and its presence on the cell surface, NGEP-L is a promising target for the antibody-based therapies of prostate cancer. ..
- Koonin E. A protein splice-junction motif in hedgehog family proteins. Trends Biochem Sci. 1995;20:141-2 pubmed
- Schwabe W, Brennan M, Hochgeschwender U. Isolation and characterization of the mouse (Mus musculus) somatostatin receptor type-4-encoding gene (mSSTR4). Gene. 1996;168:233-5 pubmed..Using an RT-PCR technique, we show that the mSSTR4 gene is expressed in brain, but not in liver, heart, spleen or kidney of the adult mouse. ..
- Li H, Liu Z, Nirenberg M. Kinesin-73 in the nervous system of Drosophila embryos. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:1086-91 pubmed..However, later in Drosophila embryo development, expression of the kinesin-73 gene becomes restricted mostly to the central and peripheral nervous systems. ..
- Dey B, Furlanetto R, Nissley S. Cloning of human p55 gamma, a regulatory subunit of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase, by a yeast two-hybrid library screen with the insulin-like growth factor-I receptor. Gene. 1998;209:175-83 pubmed..Our findings suggest that hp55 gamma interacts with the IGFIR and IR and may be involved in PI 3-kinase activation by these receptors. ..