Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on adult in Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Locale: Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Publications1148 found, 100 shown here
- Hyams E, Pierorazio P, Proteek O, Sukumar S, Wagner A, Mechaber J, et al. Iatrogenic vascular lesions after minimally invasive partial nephrectomy: a multi-institutional study of clinical and renal functional outcomes. Urology. 2011;78:820-6 pubmed publisher..Iatrogenic vascular lesions occur in ?2% of MIPN cases. Although a subset of patients will have resolution with observation only, most require angioembolization, with excellent clinical and renal function outcomes. ..
- Li X, Vikram D, Lim I, Jones C, Farrell J, van Zijl P. Mapping magnetic susceptibility anisotropies of white matter in vivo in the human brain at 7 T. Neuroimage. 2012;62:314-30 pubmed publisher..MSA values could be quantified without the need for a reference and ranged between 0.004 and 0.029 ppm, in line with the expectation that the susceptibility perpendicular to the fiber is more diamagnetic than the one parallel to it. ..
- Ng D, Brotman D, Lau B, Young J. Insurance status, not race, is associated with mortality after an acute cardiovascular event in Maryland. J Gen Intern Med. 2012;27:1368-76 pubmed..Our results support growing evidence implicating insurance status and socioeconomic factors as important drivers of health disparities, and potentially racial disparities. ..
- Tadokoro T, Rybanska Spaeder I, Kulikowicz T, Dawut L, Oshima J, Croteau D, et al. Functional deficit associated with a missense Werner syndrome mutation. DNA Repair (Amst). 2013;12:414-21 pubmed publisher..In contrast to the usual appearance of WS, the G574R patient has normal stature. Thus the short stature normally associated with WS may not be due to helicase deficiency. ..
- Gray R, Wawer M, Kigozi G. Programme science research on medical male circumcision scale-up in sub-Saharan Africa. Sex Transm Infect. 2013;89:345-9 pubmed publisher..Here, we describe challenges to implementation and discuss the ongoing and future role of implementation and programme science in addressing such challenges. ..
- Pearce M, Medoff D, Lawrence R, Dixon L. Religious Coping Among Adults Caring for Family Members with Serious Mental Illness. Community Ment Health J. 2016;52:194-202 pubmed publisher..Religious coping plays an important role for many caregivers of persons with serious mental illness. Caregivers who use more religious coping may have an especially high need for mental health education and mental health services. ..
- Lupi I, Cosottini M, Caturegli P, Manetti L, Urbani C, Cappellani D, et al. Diabetes insipidus is an unfavorable prognostic factor for response to glucocorticoids in patients with autoimmune hypophysitis. Eur J Endocrinol. 2017;177:127-135 pubmed publisher..Diabetes insipidus appears as a negative prognostic factor for response to glucocorticoids. ..
- Rush C, Frey J, Griffiths R. Zaleplon and triazolam in humans: acute behavioral effects and abuse potential. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 1999;145:39-51 pubmed..Thus, despite its non-benzodiazepine structure and unique benzodiazepine-receptor binding profile, the behavioral pharmacological profile of zaleplon is similar to that of triazolam. ..
- Bell K, Smith Sehdev A, Kurman R. Refined diagnostic criteria for implants associated with ovarian atypical proliferative serous tumors (borderline) and micropapillary serous carcinomas. Am J Surg Pathol. 2001;25:419-32 pubmed..Accordingly, we propose that these extraovarian lesions be designated "well-differentiated serous carcinoma." ..
- Fatemi A, Barker P, Ulug A, Nagae Poetscher L, Beauchamp N, Moser A, et al. MRI and proton MRSI in women heterozygous for X-linked adrenoleukodystrophy. Neurology. 2003;60:1301-7 pubmed..Nevertheless, N-acetylaspartate levels are reduced in the corticospinal projection fibers in female subjects with normal results on MRI, suggesting axonal dysfunction. ..
- Theodorakis M, Carlson O, Muller D, Egan J. Elevated plasma glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide associates with hyperinsulinemia in impaired glucose tolerance. Diabetes Care. 2004;27:1692-8 pubmed
- Sexton J, Holzmueller C, Pronovost P, Thomas E, McFerran S, Nunes J, et al. Variation in caregiver perceptions of teamwork climate in labor and delivery units. J Perinatol. 2006;26:463-70 pubmed..Further teamwork climate research should explore the links to clinical and operational outcomes. ..
- Jimeno A, Rudek M, Purcell T, Laheru D, Messersmith W, Dancey J, et al. Phase I and pharmacokinetic study of UCN-01 in combination with irinotecan in patients with solid tumors. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2008;61:423-33 pubmed..The MTD of the combination based on protocol criteria was defined as 70 mg/m(2) of UCN-01 on day 1 and 60 mg/m(2) of irinotecan on days 1 and 8 in a 21-day cycle. ..
- Dickerson F, Stallings C, Sullens A, Origoni A, Leister F, Krivogorsky B, et al. Association between cognitive functioning, exposure to Herpes Simplex Virus type 1, and the COMT Val158Met genetic polymorphism in adults without a psychiatric disorder. Brain Behav Immun. 2008;22:1103-7 pubmed publisher..Infections with HSV-1 and the COMT Val158Val genotype are risk factors for cognitive deficits in non-elderly persons without a psychiatric disorder. ..
- Kalter H, Khazen R, Barghouthi M, Odeh M. Prospective community-based cluster census and case-control study of stillbirths and neonatal deaths in the West Bank and Gaza Strip. Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol. 2008;22:321-33 pubmed publisher..Other transitional countries can draw lessons for their health care systems from these findings. ..
- Williams E, Rosson G, Elsamanoudi I, Dellon A. Surgical decompression for notalgia paresthetica: a case report. Microsurgery. 2010;30:70-2 pubmed publisher..It is compressed by the paraspinous muscles and fascia against the transverse process of these spinal segments. This is the first report of symptomatic relief by decompression of this nerve. ..
- Buchanan R, Keefe R, Lieberman J, Barch D, Csernansky J, Goff D, et al. A randomized clinical trial of MK-0777 for the treatment of cognitive impairments in people with schizophrenia. Biol Psychiatry. 2011;69:442-9 pubmed publisher..The GABA(A) receptor remains a promising target, but a more potent partial agonist with greater intrinsic activity at the GABA(A) ?2 site might be needed for cognitive enhancement in schizophrenia. ..
- Jun A, Cope L, Speck C, Feng X, Lee S, Meng H, et al. Subnormal cytokine profile in the tear fluid of keratoconus patients. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e16437 pubmed publisher..Moreover, an increase in IL-17 suggests tissue degenerative processes at work, contributing to the thinning and weakening of the corneal connective tissue in keratoconus. ..
- Shen H, Damcott C, Shuldiner S, Chai S, Yang R, Hu H, et al. Genome-wide association study identifies genetic variants in GOT1 determining serum aspartate aminotransferase levels. J Hum Genet. 2011;56:801-5 pubmed publisher..This finding will help us to understand structure and function of the enzyme and would be useful for predicting serum AST levels. ..
- Hooker C, Meguid R, Hulbert A, Taylor J, Shin J, Wrangle J, et al. Human immunodeficiency virus infection as a prognostic factor in surgical patients with non-small cell lung cancer. Ann Thorac Surg. 2012;93:405-12 pubmed publisher..Optimizing immune status before surgery and careful patient selection based on diffusion capacity of lung for carbon monoxide may improve patient outcomes. ..
- Becker K, Darney D, Domitrovich C, Keperling J, Ialongo N. Supporting universal prevention programs: a two-phased coaching model. Clin Child Fam Psychol Rev. 2013;16:213-28 pubmed publisher..The potential reach of this coaching model extends to other school-based programs as well as other settings in which coaches partner with interventionists to implement evidence-based programs. ..
- Li C, Aragon Han P, Lee K, Lee L, Fox A, Beninato T, et al. Does BRAF V600E mutation predict aggressive features in papillary thyroid cancer? Results from four endocrine surgery centers. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2013;98:3702-12 pubmed publisher..Prospective studies are needed before BRAF mutation can be considered a reliable factor to guide the treatment of patients with PTC, specifically whether to perform prophylactic CLND. ..
- Sampath S, Bhat S, Gupta S, O Connor A, West A, Arking D, et al. Defining the contribution of CNTNAP2 to autism susceptibility. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e77906 pubmed publisher..9 x10(-5)). Consequently, this study suggests that although CNTNAP2 dysregulation plays a role in some cases, its population contribution to autism susceptibility is limited. ..
- Krauss G, Faught E, Foroozan R, Pellock J, Sergott R, Shields W, et al. SabrilÂ® registry 5-year results: Characteristics of adult patients treated with vigabatrin. Epilepsy Behav. 2016;56:15-9 pubmed publisher..These demographic data suggest that a proportion of adult patients remain on vigabatrin long-term despite the risks of adverse events and significant underlying AED resistance and neurologic disease. ..
- Wang G, Shaw P, Townsend R, Anderson A, Xie D, Wang X, et al. The Associations between Peripheral Artery Disease and Physical Outcome Measures in Men and Women with Chronic Kidney Disease. Ann Vasc Surg. 2016;35:111-20 pubmed publisher..001). These data suggest that tools used to evaluate the functional consequences of PAD should focus on walking activity and walking pace, as well as physical function, where sex-specific associations should be accounted for. ..
- Ford Gilboe M, Varcoe C, Scott Storey K, Wuest J, Case J, Currie L, et al. A tailored online safety and health intervention for women experiencing intimate partner violence: the iCAN Plan 4 Safety randomized controlled trial protocol. BMC Public Health. 2017;17:273 pubmed publisher..Such information is critical for effective scale up of any complex intervention. Clinicaltrials.gov ID NCT02258841 (Registered on Oct 2, 2014). ..
- Wolff M, Resar J, Stuart R, Brinker J. Coronary artery rupture and pseudoaneurysm formation resulting from percutaneous coronary angioscopy. Cathet Cardiovasc Diagn. 1993;28:47-50 pubmed..While the cause of failure of balloon deflation remains obscure, deliberate over-inflation to cause rupture may be hazardous. ..
- Chen Y, Cook P, McClinton M, Espinosa R, Wilgis E. Microarterial anatomy of the lesser toe proximal interphalangeal joints. J Hand Surg Am. 1998;23:256-60 pubmed..66-0.99 mm). The proper digital arteries of the lesser toes provide the predominant arterial supply of the proximal interphalangeal joints through a system of transverse and longitudinal arches...
- Attar S, Krasna M, Sonett J, Hankins J, Slawson R, Suter C, et al. Superior sulcus (Pancoast) tumor: experience with 105 patients. Ann Thorac Surg. 1998;66:193-8 pubmed..The evolution of therapy in 105 patients with superior sulcus (Pancoast) tumor over the past 42 years was reviewed...
- Ali S. Acinic-cell carcinoma, papillary-cystic variant: a diagnostic dilemma in salivary gland aspiration. Diagn Cytopathol. 2002;27:244-50 pubmed
- Kuo I, Brady J, Butler C, Schwartz R, Brooner R, Vlahov D, et al. Feasibility of referring drug users from a needle exchange program into an addiction treatment program: experience with a mobile treatment van and LAAM maintenance. J Subst Abuse Treat. 2003;24:67-74 pubmed..0001). Although LAAM is no longer considered a first line treatment for heroin addiction, these results demonstrate the feasibility of utilizing long-acting agonist therapies such as LAAM to treat opioid dependence among NEP attenders. ..
- Delaney N, Esquenazi V, Lucas D, Zachary A, Leffell M. TNF-alpha, TGF-beta, IL-10, IL-6, and INF-gamma alleles among African Americans and Cuban Americans. Report of the ASHI Minority Workshops: Part IV. Hum Immunol. 2004;65:1413-9 pubmed..004). Because levels of expression can affect inflammation and immune regulation, differences in cytokine allele frequencies between racial or ethnic groups may contribute to different incidences of autoimmunity and allograft rejection. ..
- Kim Y, Peragallo N, DeForge B. Predictors of participation in an HIV risk reduction intervention for socially deprived Latino women: a cross sectional cohort study. Int J Nurs Stud. 2006;43:527-34 pubmed..97, 95% CI=0.95, 0.99). The recruitment and retention strategies should be developed by considering those important predictors of intervention participation to prevent Latino women from dropping out of the HIV prevention program. ..
- Guo C, Fine S, Epstein J. Noninvasive squamous lesions in the urinary bladder: a clinicopathologic analysis of 29 cases. Am J Surg Pathol. 2006;30:883-91 pubmed..Enhanced expression of EGFR in these bladder squamous lesions suggests that EGFR may represent a logic therapeutic target in those squamous lesions that are difficult to manage clinically. ..
- Farrag T, Lin F, Koch W, Califano J, Cummings C, Farinola M, et al. The role of pre-operative CT-guided FNAB for parapharyngeal space tumors. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2007;136:411-4 pubmed..CT-guided FNAB of PPS tumors is helpful to predict the nature of the PPS tumors (especially benign), which allows the surgeon and patient to plan for treatment, accordingly. ..
- Mirski M, LeDroux S, Lewin J, Thompson C, Mirski K, Griswold M. Validity and reliability of an intuitive conscious sedation scoring tool: the nursing instrument for the communication of sedation. Crit Care Med. 2010;38:1674-84 pubmed publisher..NICS ranked highest in nursing preference and ease of communication and may thus permit more effective and interactive management of sedation. ..
- Kossoff E, Bosarge J, Miranda M, Wiemer Kruel A, Kang H, Kim H. Will seizure control improve by switching from the modified Atkins diet to the traditional ketogenic diet?. Epilepsia. 2010;51:2496-9 pubmed publisher..004), including all who became seizure-free. These results suggest that the KD probably represents a "higher dose" of dietary therapy than the MAD, which may particularly benefit those with myoclonic-astatic epilepsy. ..
- Hammond E, Wang Z, Bhulani N, McArthur J, Levy M. Needle type and the risk of post-lumbar puncture headache in the outpatient neurology clinic. J Neurol Sci. 2011;306:24-8 pubmed publisher..99, 95% CI 1.32-12.0). Our outpatient findings support the American Academy of Neurology recommendations to use smaller non-traumatic needles to reduce the risk of PLPH. ..
- Latkin C, Yang C, Tobin K, Roebuck G, Spikes P, Patterson J. Social network predictors of disclosure of MSM behavior and HIV-positive serostatus among African American MSM in Baltimore, Maryland. AIDS Behav. 2012;16:535-42 pubmed publisher..Attributes of social network members associated with disclosure of positive serostatus included the network member being older, HIV-positive, providing emotional support, loaning money, and not being a male sex partner. ..
- Schweizer M, Furuno J, Harris A, Johnson J, Shardell M, McGregor J, et al. Comparative effectiveness of nafcillin or cefazolin versus vancomycin in methicillin-susceptible Staphylococcus aureus bacteremia. BMC Infect Dis. 2011;11:279 pubmed publisher..Convenience of vancomycin dosing may not outweigh the potential benefits of nafcillin or cefazolin in the treatment of MSSA bacteremia. ..
- Breining B, Nozari N, Rapp B. Does segmental overlap help or hurt? Evidence from blocked cyclic naming in spoken and written production. Psychon Bull Rev. 2016;23:500-6 pubmed publisher..1) and written (Exp. 2) production. We suggest that these findings are consistent with a competitive learning mechanism that applies across stages and modalities of word production. ..
- Peay H, Hollin I, Bridges J. Prioritizing Parental Worry Associated with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Using Best-Worst Scaling. J Genet Couns. 2016;25:305-13 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate an accessible, clinically-relevant approach to prioritize disease impact using BWS, which offers an alternative to the use of traditional rating/ranking scales. ..
- Stewart B, Lafta R, Esa Al Shatari S, Cherewick M, Burnham G, Hagopian A, et al. Burns in Baghdad from 2003 to 2014: Results of a randomized household cluster survey. Burns. 2016;42:48-55 pubmed publisher..Ongoing conflict will directly and indirectly generates more burns, which mandates planning for burn prevention and care within local capacity development initiatives, as well as humanitarian assistance. ..
- Casey J, James P, Rudolph K, Wu C, Schwartz B. Greenness and Birth Outcomes in a Range of Pennsylvania Communities. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2016;13: pubmed publisher..97), but not birth weight or Apgar score. We did not observe associations between greenness and birth outcomes in adjusted models in boroughs or townships. These results add to the evidence that greener cities might be healthier cities. ..
- Namaste S, Aaron G, Varadhan R, Peerson J, Suchdev P. Methodologic approach for the Biomarkers Reflecting Inflammation and Nutritional Determinants of Anemia (BRINDA) project. Am J Clin Nutr. 2017;106:333S-347S pubmed publisher..Findings can inform guidelines and strategies to prevent and control micronutrient deficiencies and anemia globally. ..
- Tantry U, Bliden K, Gurbel P. Overestimation of platelet aspirin resistance detection by thrombelastograph platelet mapping and validation by conventional aggregometry using arachidonic acid stimulation. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2005;46:1705-9 pubmed..4%) was resistant to aspirin treatment. Platelet aspirin resistance assessed by methods that directly indicate inhibition of cyclooxygenase is rare in compliant patients with coronary artery disease. ..
- Althaus J, Petersen S, Driggers R, Cootauco A, Bienstock J, Blakemore K. Cephalopelvic disproportion is associated with an altered uterine contraction shape in the active phase of labor. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2006;195:739-42 pubmed..This may indicate the presence of a heretofore unknown feedback mechanism as the uterus adapts to the dysfunctional labor. ..
- Salvatori R, Serpa M, Parmigiani G, Britto A, Oliveira J, Oliveira C, et al. GH response to hypoglycemia and clonidine in the GH-releasing hormone resistance syndrome. J Endocrinol Invest. 2006;29:805-8 pubmed..There was a small but significant GH increase during ITT, but not during CL test. These results indicate that a minimal albeit significant GH response to ITT can occur despite complete lack of GHRH-R function...
- Sack D, Shimko J, Torres O, Bourgeois A, Francia D, Gustafsson B, et al. Randomised, double-blind, safety and efficacy of a killed oral vaccine for enterotoxigenic E. Coli diarrhoea of travellers to Guatemala and Mexico. Vaccine. 2007;25:4392-400 pubmed..We conclude that the new oral ETEC vaccine reduces the rate of more severe episodes of traveller's diarrhoea (TD) due to VPO-ETEC, but it did not reduce the overall rate of ETEC diarrhoea or of travellers' diarrhoea due to other causes. ..
- Shermak M, Rotellini Coltvet L, Chang D. Seroma development following body contouring surgery for massive weight loss: patient risk factors and treatment strategies. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2008;122:280-8 pubmed publisher..The most common complications following body contouring surgery for massive weight loss include delayed wound healing and seroma. The authors investigated risk factors for seroma in this patient population and describe treatment strategies...
- Yemelyanova A, Vang R, Seidman J, Gravitt P, Ronnett B. Endocervical adenocarcinomas with prominent endometrial or endomyometrial involvement simulating primary endometrial carcinomas: utility of HPV DNA detection and immunohistochemical expression of p16 and hormone receptors to confirm the cervical orig. Am J Surg Pathol. 2009;33:914-24 pubmed publisher..A subset of misclassified endocervical adenocarcinomas may account for some HPV-positive uterine carcinomas reported as primary endometrial carcinomas. ..
- Loeb S, Carter H, Walsh P, Isaacs W, Kettermann A, Tanaka T, et al. Single nucleotide polymorphisms and the likelihood of prostate cancer at a given prostate specific antigen level. J Urol. 2009;182:101-4; discussion 105 pubmed publisher..Prostate cancer risk stratification using prostate specific antigen and genotype could improve prostate specific antigen test performance. ..
- Tavora F, Fajardo D, Lee T, Lotan T, Miller J, Miyamoto H, et al. Small endoscopic biopsies of the ureter and renal pelvis: pathologic pitfalls. Am J Surg Pathol. 2009;33:1540-6 pubmed publisher..Caution must be exercised in the evaluation of these limited specimens, especially in the absence of a clinically suspected tumor. ..
- Baqui A, Arifeen S, Rosen H, Mannan I, Rahman S, Al Mahmud A, et al. Community-based validation of assessment of newborn illnesses by trained community health workers in Sylhet district of Bangladesh. Trop Med Int Health. 2009;14:1448-56 pubmed publisher..Community health workers with minimal training can use a diagnostic algorithm to identify severely ill newborns with high validity. ..
- Salvatori R, Nachtigall L, Cook D, Bonert V, Molitch M, Blethen S, et al. Effectiveness of self- or partner-administration of an extended-release aqueous-gel formulation of lanreotide in lanreotide-naïve patients with acromegaly. Pituitary. 2010;13:115-22 pubmed publisher..0001). Self- or partner-administration of lanreotide is generally well tolerated and associated with IGF-1 and GH control in many lanreotide-naïve patients with acromegaly. ..
- Beitelshees A, Gong Y, Bailey K, Turner S, Chapman A, Schwartz G, et al. Comparison of office, ambulatory, and home blood pressure antihypertensive response to atenolol and hydrochlorthiazide. J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich). 2010;12:14-21 pubmed publisher..58) than with OBP response (r=0.47; P=.04). In the context of a randomized clinical trial, the authors have identified significant differences in HBP, OBP, and ABP methods of measuring BP response to atenolol and HCTZ monotherapy...
- Aichelmann Reidy M, Wrigley D, Gunsolley J. HIV infection and bone loss due to periodontal disease. J Periodontol. 2010;81:877-84 pubmed publisher..Individuals in this study population with risk behaviors associated with HIV infection smoked at a high rate and, because of the smoking behavior, have a high rate of periodontal disease. ..
- Evans M, Sung A, Gojo I, Tidwell M, Greer J, Levis M, et al. Risk assessment in human immunodeficiency virus-associated acute myeloid leukemia. Leuk Lymphoma. 2012;53:660-4 pubmed publisher..Thus, CD4 count is a strong predictor of short survival in HIV-AML patients regardless of karyotype. Studies evaluating innovative strategies for infection prophylaxis and for improving immune reconstitution are needed. ..
- Dooley K, Park J, Swindells S, Allen R, Haas D, Cramer Y, et al. Safety, tolerability, and pharmacokinetic interactions of the antituberculous agent TMC207 (bedaquiline) with efavirenz in healthy volunteers: AIDS Clinical Trials Group Study A5267. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2012;59:455-62 pubmed publisher..Single-dose bedaquiline was well tolerated alone and with steady-state efavirenz. The effect of efavirenz on bedaquiline concentrations is unlikely to be clinically significant. ..
- Kuhn E, Wu R, Guan B, Wu G, Zhang J, Wang Y, et al. Identification of molecular pathway aberrations in uterine serous carcinoma by genome-wide analyses. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2012;104:1503-13 pubmed publisher..Molecular genetic aberrations involving the p53, cyclin E-FBXW7, and PI3K pathways represent major mechanisms in the development of uterine serous carcinoma. ..
- Chaichana K, Zadnik P, Weingart J, Olivi A, Gallia G, Blakeley J, et al. Multiple resections for patients with glioblastoma: prolonging survival. J Neurosurg. 2013;118:812-20 pubmed publisher..The authors attempted to minimize these biases by using strict inclusion criteria, multivariate analyses, and case-control evaluation. ..
- Lewis G, Descipio C, Murphy K, Haley L, Beierl K, Mosier S, et al. Characterization of androgenetic/biparental mosaic/chimeric conceptions, including those with a molar component: morphology, p57 immnohistochemistry, molecular genotyping, and risk of persistent gestational trophoblastic disease. Int J Gynecol Pathol. 2013;32:199-214 pubmed publisher..The presence of androgenetic cell lines, particularly in those with a purely androgenetic CHM component, warrants follow-up because of some risk of persistent gestational trophoblastic disease. ..
- Brahmer J, Lee J, Traynor A, Hidalgo M, Kolesar J, Siegfried J, et al. Dosing to rash: a phase II trial of the first-line erlotinib for patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer an Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group Study (E3503). Eur J Cancer. 2014;50:302-8 pubmed publisher..Dose escalation to the development of grade 2 skin rash was associated with improved survival in this patient population. ..
- Reifsnyder T, Arhuidese I, Hicks C, Obeid T, Massada K, Khaled A, et al. Contemporary Outcomes for Open Infrainguinal Bypass in the Endovascular Era. Ann Vasc Surg. 2016;30:52-8 pubmed publisher..Patency and limb salvage rates are optimized with careful selection of autogenous conduits, close monitoring of high-risk groups and management of comorbidities. ..
- Baqui A, Jabra Rizk M, Kelley J, Zhang M, Falkler W, Meiller T. Enhanced interleukin-1beta, interleukin-6 and tumor necrosis factor-alpha production by LPS stimulated human monocytes isolated from HIV+ patients. Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol. 2000;22:401-21 pubmed..These data suggest that enhanced IL-1beta, IL-6 and TNF-alpha is produced by monocytes/macrophages isolated from HVL HIV+ patients and may be involved in the overall pathogenesis of HIV-1 infection. ..
- Mintzer M, Griffiths R. Lorazepam and scopolamine: A single-dose comparison of effects on human memory and attentional processes. Exp Clin Psychopharmacol. 2003;11:56-72 pubmed
- Vonderheid E, Bernengo M. The Sézary syndrome: hematologic criteria. Hematol Oncol Clin North Am. 2003;17:1367-89, viii pubmed..Based on the experience at two institutions, revisions to the definition for Sézary syndrome are proposed...
- Myers A, Goldie R, Hay D. A novel role for tachykinin neurokinin-3 receptors in regulation of human bronchial Ganglia neurons. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2005;171:212-6 pubmed..This pathway may play a significant role in controlling bronchomotor tone and air flow to the lung. ..
- Roberts R, Xu L, Roche J, Kirkpatrick B. Ultrastructural localization of reelin in the cortex in post-mortem human brain. J Comp Neurol. 2005;482:294-308 pubmed..The presence of reelin in adult spines, PSD, and terminals suggests that in the adult human reelin has a role in synaptic remodeling, which is consistent with the evidence for its role in long-term potentiation in the adult brain. ..
- Schretlen D, Ward J, Meyer S, Yun J, Puig J, Nyhan W, et al. Behavioral aspects of Lesch-Nyhan disease and its variants. Dev Med Child Neurol. 2005;47:673-7 pubmed..Although patients with LNV typically do not self-injure or display severe aggression, attention problems are common and a few patients demonstrate other behavioral anomalies...
- Hong S, Cho H, Moskaluk C, Yu E, Zaika A. p63 and p73 expression in extrahepatic bile duct carcinoma and their clinical significance. J Mol Histol. 2007;38:167-75 pubmed..Our results strongly imply that the p53 family members have different functions in EBD carcinomas. Our data also indicate that interactions between p63 and p73 play an important role in tumorigenesis of EBD carcinoma. ..
- Brady T, Fivush B, Flynn J, Parekh R. Ability of blood pressure to predict left ventricular hypertrophy in children with primary hypertension. J Pediatr. 2008;152:73-8, 78.e1 pubmed..The initial examination of these children should include echocardiography, because neither the severity of casual BP elevation nor the presence of abnormal ambulatory BP results at initial diagnosis are predictive of LVH. ..
- Earley C, Ponnuru P, Wang X, Patton S, Conner J, Beard J, et al. Altered iron metabolism in lymphocytes from subjects with restless legs syndrome. Sleep. 2008;31:847-52 pubmed..The lack of any significant correlation between serum and lymphocyte iron indices indicates that iron management proteins from lymphocytes are at a minimum an alternative and independent marker of cellular iron metabolism. ..
- Bleich S, Wang Y, Wang Y, Gortmaker S. Increasing consumption of sugar-sweetened beverages among US adults: 1988-1994 to 1999-2004. Am J Clin Nutr. 2009;89:372-81 pubmed publisher..SSB comprises a considerable source of total daily intake and is the largest source of beverage calories. SSB consumption is highest among subgroups also at greatest risk of obesity and type 2 diabetes. ..
- Pantaleo N, Hening W, Allen R, Earley C. Pregnancy accounts for most of the gender difference in prevalence of familial RLS. Sleep Med. 2010;11:310-3 pubmed publisher..This pregnancy effect appears to account for most of the gender differences often reported in overall RLS prevalence data. ..
- Kim K. New diagnostic and therapeutic options in bacterial meningitis in infants and children. Minerva Pediatr. 2009;61:531-48 pubmed..A more complete knowledge on the pathogenesis of meningitis is likely to help in development of new diagnostic and therapeutic options for infants and children with bacterial meningitis...
- Mann Wrobel M, Bennett M, Weiner E, Buchanan R, Ball M. Smoking history and motivation to quit in smokers with schizophrenia in a smoking cessation program. Schizophr Res. 2011;126:277-83 pubmed publisher..Further, cessation efforts may benefit from directly addressing low self-efficacy for quitting, rather than readiness for change alone, among people with schizophrenia. ..
- Dickerson F, Stallings C, Origoni A, Vaughan C, Khushalani S, Yolken R. Markers of gluten sensitivity in acute mania: a longitudinal study. Psychiatry Res. 2012;196:68-71 pubmed publisher..The monitoring and control of gluten sensitivity may have significant effects on the management of individuals hospitalized with acute mania. ..
- Latkin C, Donnell D, Liu T, Davey Rothwell M, Celentano D, Metzger D. The dynamic relationship between social norms and behaviors: the results of an HIV prevention network intervention for injection drug users. Addiction. 2013;108:934-43 pubmed publisher..However, it is critical that social network interventions focus on publically highlighting behavior changes, as changing social norms without awareness of behaviors change may lead to relapse of risk behaviors. ..
- Bao T, Cai L, Giles J, Gould J, Tarpinian K, Betts K, et al. A dual-center randomized controlled double blind trial assessing the effect of acupuncture in reducing musculoskeletal symptoms in breast cancer patients taking aromatase inhibitors. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2013;138:167-74 pubmed publisher..As sham acupuncture used in this study may not be equivalent to placebo, further studies with a non-acupuncture arm may be required to establish whether acupuncture is beneficial for the treatment of AIMSS. ..
- Jarlenski M, Gudzune K, Bennett W, Cooper L, Bleich S. Insurance coverage for weight loss: overweight adults' views. Am J Prev Med. 2013;44:453-8 pubmed publisher..Given evidence of their effectiveness, wellness benefits should be offered to all individuals. ..
- Muzaale A, Massie A, WANG M, Montgomery R, McBride M, Wainright J, et al. Risk of end-stage renal disease following live kidney donation. JAMA. 2014;311:579-86 pubmed publisher..6 years; however, the magnitude of the absolute risk increase was small. These findings may help inform discussions with persons considering live kidney donation. ..
- Shah A, Montagne J, Oh S, Wigley F, Casciola Rosen L. Pilot study to determine whether transient receptor potential melastatin type 8 (TRPM8) antibodies are detected in scleroderma. Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2015;33:S123-6 pubmed
- Price J, Ridley M. Hypocalcemia following pharyngoesophageal ablation and gastric pull-up reconstruction: pathophysiology and management. Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol. 1988;97:521-6 pubmed..Early oral feeding is encouraged. Other mechanisms of calcium loss, appropriate calcium management, and parathyroid autotransplantation are discussed. ..
- Grossman S, Phuphanich S, Lesser G, Rozental J, Grochow L, Fisher J, et al. Toxicity, efficacy, and pharmacology of suramin in adults with recurrent high-grade gliomas. J Clin Oncol. 2001;19:3260-6 pubmed..As a result of this data, suramin and radiation are now being administered concurrently to patients with newly diagnosed glioblastoma multiforme, with survival as the primary outcome. ..
- Schneider H, Patil S, Canisius S, Gladmon E, Schwartz A, O Donnell C, et al. Hypercapnic duty cycle is an intermediate physiological phenotype linked to mouse chromosome 5. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2003;95:11-9 pubmed