Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on adp ribosylation factors in Bethesda, Maryland, United States
Locale: Bethesda, Maryland, United States
Topic: adp ribosylation factors
- Prag G, Lee S, Mattera R, Arighi C, Beach B, Bonifacino J, et al. Structural mechanism for ubiquitinated-cargo recognition by the Golgi-localized, gamma-ear-containing, ADP-ribosylation-factor-binding proteins. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:2334-9 pubmed..This ability highlights the GAT domain as a hub for interactions with multiple partners in trafficking. ..
- Liu W, Duden R, Phair R, Lippincott Schwartz J. ArfGAP1 dynamics and its role in COPI coat assembly on Golgi membranes of living cells. J Cell Biol. 2005;168:1053-63 pubmed..These data suggest that ArfGAP1, coatomer and Arf1 play interdependent roles in the assembly-disassembly cycle of the COPI coat in vivo. ..
- Yoon H, Miura K, Cuthbert E, Davis K, Ahvazi B, Casanova J, et al. ARAP2 effects on the actin cytoskeleton are dependent on Arf6-specific GTPase-activating-protein activity and binding to RhoA-GTP. J Cell Sci. 2006;119:4650-66 pubmed..We conclude that ARAP2 is an Arf6GAP that functions downstream of RhoA to regulate focal adhesion dynamics. ..
- Puertollano R, Randazzo P, Presley J, Hartnell L, Bonifacino J. The GGAs promote ARF-dependent recruitment of clathrin to the TGN. Cell. 2001;105:93-102 pubmed..These observations suggest that the GGAs could function to link clathrin to membrane-bound ARF.GTP. ..
- Mullins C, Bonifacino J. The molecular machinery for lysosome biogenesis. Bioessays. 2001;23:333-43 pubmed..Other recently identified components, however, appear to be unique to higher eukaryotes. BioEssays 23:333-343, 2001. Published 2001 John Wiley & Sons, Inc. ..
- Vitale N, Horiba K, Ferrans V, Moss J, Vaughan M. Localization of ADP-ribosylation factor domain protein 1 (ARD1) in lysosomes and Golgi apparatus. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:8613-8 pubmed..These observations suggest that the ARF-related protein ARD1 may play a role in the formation or function of lysosomes and in protein trafficking between Golgi and lysosomes. ..
- Meacci E, Tsai S, Adamik R, Moss J, Vaughan M. Cytohesin-1, a cytosolic guanine nucleotide-exchange protein for ADP-ribosylation factor. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:1745-8 pubmed..In this regard, it differs from a recently reported BFA-sensitive ARF-GEP that contains a Sec7 domain. ..
- Morinaga N, Tsai S, Moss J, Vaughan M. Isolation of a brefeldin A-inhibited guanine nucleotide-exchange protein for ADP ribosylation factor (ARF) 1 and ARF3 that contains a Sec7-like domain. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:12856-60 pubmed
- Lavezzari G, Roche K. Constitutive endocytosis of the metabotropic glutamate receptor mGluR7 is clathrin-independent. Neuropharmacology. 2007;52:100-7 pubmed
- Hiroi T, Someya A, Thompson W, Moss J, Vaughan M. GEP100/BRAG2: activator of ADP-ribosylation factor 6 for regulation of cell adhesion and actin cytoskeleton via E-cadherin and alpha-catenin. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:10672-7 pubmed
- Price S, Nightingale M, Tsuchiya M, Moss J, Vaughan M. Interspecies relationships among ADP-ribosylation factors (ARFs): evidence of evolutionary pressure to maintain individual identities. Mol Cell Biochem. 1996;159:15-23 pubmed..The unusually high degree of conservation of the untranslated regions is consistent with these regions having important regulatory roles and that individual ARFs contain structurally unique elements required for specific functions. ..
- Clark J, Moore L, Krasinskas A, Way J, Battey J, Tamkun J, et al. Selective amplification of additional members of the ADP-ribosylation factor (ARF) family: cloning of additional human and Drosophila ARF-like genes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1993;90:8952-6 pubmed..The latter proteins currently comprise two distinct gene products in Drosophila (arl and ARL84F) and one in man (ARL2). ..
- Ha V, Bharti S, Inoue H, Vass W, Campa F, Nie Z, et al. ASAP3 is a focal adhesion-associated Arf GAP that functions in cell migration and invasion. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:14915-26 pubmed publisher..In comparing ASAP1 and ASAP3, we also found that invadopodia are dispensable for the invasive behavior of cells derived from a mammary carcinoma. ..
- Mardones G, Burgos P, Brooks D, Parkinson Lawrence E, Mattera R, Bonifacino J. The trans-Golgi network accessory protein p56 promotes long-range movement of GGA/clathrin-containing transport carriers and lysosomal enzyme sorting. Mol Biol Cell. 2007;18:3486-501 pubmed..We conclude that p56 tightly cooperates with the GGAs in the sorting of cathepsin D to lysosomes, probably by enabling the movement of GGA-containing TCs. ..
- Inoue H, Ha V, Prekeris R, Randazzo P. Arf GTPase-activating protein ASAP1 interacts with Rab11 effector FIP3 and regulates pericentrosomal localization of transferrin receptor-positive recycling endosome. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:4224-37 pubmed publisher..The depletion also altered the trafficking of endocytosed transferrin. These results support the conclusion that ASAP1, like FIP3, functions as a component of the endocytic recycling compartment. ..
- Belov G, Fogg M, Ehrenfeld E. Poliovirus proteins induce membrane association of GTPase ADP-ribosylation factor. J Virol. 2005;79:7207-16 pubmed..Taken together, the data suggest an involvement of ARF in poliovirus RNA replication. ..
- Bobak D, Nightingale M, Murtagh J, Price S, Moss J, Vaughan M. Molecular cloning, characterization, and expression of human ADP-ribosylation factors: two guanine nucleotide-dependent activators of cholera toxin. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1989;86:6101-5 pubmed..Definition of the regulation of ARF mRNAs and of function(s) of recombinant ARF proteins will aid in the elucidation of the physiologic role(s) of ARFs. ..
- Sata M, Donaldson J, Moss J, Vaughan M. Brefeldin A-inhibited guanine nucleotide-exchange activity of Sec7 domain from yeast Sec7 with yeast and mammalian ADP ribosylation factors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:4204-8 pubmed..These results are consistent with the conclusion that the yeast Sec7 domain itself contains the elements necessary for ARF GEP activity and its inhibition by BFA. ..
- Caplan S, Naslavsky N, Hartnell L, Lodge R, Polishchuk R, Donaldson J, et al. A tubular EHD1-containing compartment involved in the recycling of major histocompatibility complex class I molecules to the plasma membrane. EMBO J. 2002;21:2557-67 pubmed..These observations suggest an additional function of EHD1 as a tubule-inducing factor in the Arf6 pathway for recycling of plasma membrane proteins internalized by clathrin-independent endocytosis. ..
- Miura K, Jacques K, Stauffer S, Kubosaki A, Zhu K, Hirsch D, et al. ARAP1: a point of convergence for Arf and Rho signaling. Mol Cell. 2002;9:109-19 pubmed..The Arf GAP and Rho GAP activities both contributed to inhibiting cell spreading. Thus, ARAP1 is a PIP3-dependent Arf GAP that regulates Arf-, Rho-, and Cdc42-dependent cell activities. ..
- Someya A, Sata M, Takeda K, Pacheco Rodriguez G, Ferrans V, Moss J, et al. ARF-GEP(100), a guanine nucleotide-exchange protein for ADP-ribosylation factor 6. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:2413-8 pubmed..No similar coincidence of ARF-GEP(100) with AP-1, AP-2, catenin, LAMP-1, or 58K was observed. The new human BFA-insensitive GEP may function with ARF6 in specific endocytic processes. ..
- Brown F, Rozelle A, Yin H, Balla T, Donaldson J. Phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate and Arf6-regulated membrane traffic. J Cell Biol. 2001;154:1007-17 pubmed..These results demonstrate that PIP 5-kinase activity and PIP2 turnover controlled by activation and inactivation of Arf6 is critical for trafficking through the Arf6 PM-endosomal recycling pathway. ..
- Puertollano R, Aguilar R, Gorshkova I, Crouch R, Bonifacino J. Sorting of mannose 6-phosphate receptors mediated by the GGAs. Science. 2001;292:1712-6 pubmed..A dominant-negative GGA mutant blocked exit of the receptors from the trans-Golgi network. Thus, the GGAs appear to mediate sorting of the mannose 6-phosphate receptors at the trans-Golgi network. ..
- Monaco L, Murtagh J, Newman K, Tsai S, Moss J, Vaughan M. Selective amplification of an mRNA and related pseudogene for a human ADP-ribosylation factor, a guanine nucleotide-dependent protein activator of cholera toxin. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1990;87:2206-10 pubmed..9-kilobase mRNA for ARF 1 in these tissues. The PCR provides a powerful tool for investigating diversity in this and other multigene families, especially with primers targeted at domains believed to have functional significance. ..
- Sewell J, Kahn R. Sequences of the bovine and yeast ADP-ribosylation factor and comparison to other GTP-binding proteins. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1988;85:4620-4 pubmed..These results demonstrate that ARF is a GTP-binding protein with structural features of both the ras and the trimeric GTP-binding protein families. ..
- Karacsonyi C, Miguel A, Puertollano R. Mucolipin-2 localizes to the Arf6-associated pathway and regulates recycling of GPI-APs. Traffic. 2007;8:1404-14 pubmed..Therefore, our results indicate that MCOLN2 localizes to the Arf6-regulated pathway and regulates sorting of GPI-APs. ..
- Dell Angelica E, Puertollano R, Mullins C, Aguilar R, Vargas J, Hartnell L, et al. GGAs: a family of ADP ribosylation factor-binding proteins related to adaptors and associated with the Golgi complex. J Cell Biol. 2000;149:81-94 pubmed..Disruption of both GGA genes in yeast resulted in impaired trafficking of carboxypeptidase Y to the vacuole. These observations suggest that GGAs are components of ARF-regulated coats that mediate protein trafficking at the TGN. ..
- Boehm M, Aguilar R, Bonifacino J. Functional and physical interactions of the adaptor protein complex AP-4 with ADP-ribosylation factors (ARFs). EMBO J. 2001;20:6265-76 pubmed..These observations establish AP-4 as an ARF1 effector and suggest a novel mode of interaction between ARF1 and an AP complex involving both constitutive and regulated interactions. ..
- Nie Z, Hirsch D, Randazzo P. Arf and its many interactors. Curr Opin Cell Biol. 2003;15:396-404 pubmed..Recent work examining the functional relationships among the diverse Arf interactors has led to reconsideration of the prevailing paradigms for Arf action...
- Donaldson J. Myoblasts fuse when loner meets ARF6. Dev Cell. 2003;5:527-8 pubmed..A paper by Chen et al. published in the September 19 issue of Cell adds ARF6, a GTPase, and one of its guanine nucleotide exchange factors to this set of players. ..
- Boehm M, Bonifacino J. Adaptins: the final recount. Mol Biol Cell. 2001;12:2907-20 pubmed..Finally, we extend our survey to adaptin-related proteins such as the GGAs and stonins, which contain domains homologous to the adaptins. ..
- Koo T, Eipper B, Donaldson J. Arf6 recruits the Rac GEF Kalirin to the plasma membrane facilitating Rac activation. BMC Cell Biol. 2007;8:29 pubmed..Although Kalirin is recruited onto membranes by Arf6-GDP, subsequent Rac activation and membrane ruffling requires Arf6 activation. From these results, we suggest that Arf6 can regulate through its GTPase cycle the activation of Rac. ..
- Suer S, Misra S, Saidi L, Hurley J. Structure of the GAT domain of human GGA1: a syntaxin amino-terminal domain fold in an endosomal trafficking adaptor. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:4451-6 pubmed..We propose that the GAT domain is descended from the same ancestor as the syntaxin 1a N-terminal domain, and that both protein families share a common function in binding coiled-coil domain proteins. ..
- Radhakrishna H, al Awar O, Khachikian Z, Donaldson J. ARF6 requirement for Rac ruffling suggests a role for membrane trafficking in cortical actin rearrangements. J Cell Sci. 1999;112 ( Pt 6):855-66 pubmed..These observations suggest that ARF6, a non-Rho family GTPase, can, by itself, alter cortical actin and can influence the ability of Rac1 to form lamellipodia, in part, by regulating its trafficking to the plasma membrane. ..
- Liu S, Leppla S. Retroviral insertional mutagenesis identifies a small protein required for synthesis of diphthamide, the target of bacterial ADP-ribosylating toxins. Mol Cell. 2003;12:603-13 pubmed..KTI11, the analog of DESR1 in yeast, which was originally identified as a gene regulating the sensitivity of yeast to zymocin, is also required for diphthamide biosynthesis, implicating DESR1/KTI11 in multiple biological processes. ..
- Kametaka S, Mattera R, Bonifacino J. Epidermal growth factor-dependent phosphorylation of the GGA3 adaptor protein regulates its recruitment to membranes. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:7988-8000 pubmed..These observations indicate that EGF signaling elicits phosphorylation events that regulate the association of GGA3 with organellar membranes. ..
- Porat Shliom N, Kloog Y, Donaldson J. A unique platform for H-Ras signaling involving clathrin-independent endocytosis. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:765-75 pubmed..Arf6 stimulation of macropinocytosis also involves passage through the distinct lipid phases, but recruitment of Akt is not observed. ..
- Honda A, Al Awar O, Hay J, Donaldson J. Targeting of Arf-1 to the early Golgi by membrin, an ER-Golgi SNARE. J Cell Biol. 2005;168:1039-51 pubmed..These studies suggest that membrin recruits Arf-1 to the early Golgi and reveal distinct kinetic cycles for Arf-1 at early and late Golgi determined by different sets of Arf regulators and effectors. ..
- Morinaga N, Moss J, Vaughan M. Cloning and expression of a cDNA encoding a bovine brain brefeldin A-sensitive guanine nucleotide-exchange protein for ADP-ribosylation factor. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:12926-31 pubmed
- Price S, Nightingale M, Tsai S, Williamson K, Adamik R, Chen H, et al. Guanine nucleotide-binding proteins that enhance choleragen ADP-ribosyltransferase activity: nucleotide and deduced amino acid sequence of an ADP-ribosylation factor cDNA. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1988;85:5488-91 pubmed..In addition to serving as an ADP-ribose acceptor, ARF interacts with the toxin in a manner that modifies its catalytic properties. ..