Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
Locale: Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
Publications469 found, 100 shown here
- Snider T, Hoyt P, Coats K, Graves K, Cooper C, Storts R, et al. Natural bovine lentiviral type 1 infection in Holstein dairy cattle. I. Clinical, serological, and pathological observations. Comp Immunol Microbiol Infect Dis. 2003;26:89-101 pubmed..The chronic disease syndrome in dairy cows associated with BIV may be useful as a model system for investigation of the pathogenesis of the nervous system lesions and lymphoid organ changes that occur in humans with lentiviral infection...
- Foil L, Younger C. Development of treated targets for controlling stable flies (Diptera: Muscidae). Vet Parasitol. 2006;137:311-5 pubmed..1-fold higher than that for alsynite traps. The results of this study indicate that treated cloth targets may be a viable addition for stable fly control programs. ..
- Yi X, Hargett S, Frankel L, Bricker T. The PsbQ protein is required in Arabidopsis for photosystem II assembly/stability and photoautotrophy under low light conditions. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:26260-7 pubmed
- Lee J, Han K, Meyer T, Kim H, Batzer M. Chromosomal inversions between human and chimpanzee lineages caused by retrotransposons. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e4047 pubmed publisher..This study is the first comprehensive analysis of mobile element bases inversion breakpoints between human and chimpanzee lineages, and highlights their role in primate genome evolution...
- ..It will be important to integrate circadian mechanisms and networks into future descriptions of adipose tissue physiology. ..
- Giraldo A, Lynn J, Purpera M, Vaught T, Ayares D, Godke R, et al. Inhibition of DNA methyltransferase 1 expression in bovine fibroblast cells used for nuclear transfer. Reprod Fertil Dev. 2009;21:785-95 pubmed publisher..Further studies are required to determine if this level of reduced methylation is sufficient to improve subsequent development. ..
- Shevalye H, Stavniichuk R, Xu W, Zhang J, Lupachyk S, Maksimchyk Y, et al. Poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase (PARP) inhibition counteracts multiple manifestations of kidney disease in long-term streptozotocin-diabetic rat model. Biochem Pharmacol. 2010;79:1007-14 pubmed publisher..These findings provide rationale for development and further studies of PARP inhibitors and PARP inhibitor-containing combination therapies, for prevention and treatment of diabetic nephropathy. ..
- Beaufrere H, Rodriguez D, Pariaut R, Gaschen Dvm L, Schnellbacher R, Nevarez J, et al. Estimation of intrathoracic arterial diameter by means of computed tomographic angiography in Hispaniolan Amazon parrots. Am J Vet Res. 2011;72:210-8 pubmed publisher..To establish a computed tomography (CT)-angiography protocol and measure the diameters of major arteries in parrots...
- Li B, Xi X, Roane D, Ryan D, Martin R. Distribution of glucokinase, glucose transporter GLUT2, sulfonylurea receptor-1, glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor and neuropeptide Y messenger RNAs in rat brain by quantitative real time RT-PCR. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2003;113:139-42 pubmed..In this study, we combined tissue micropunch and real time reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR), and measured GK, GLUT2, SUR1, GLP-1R and NPY mRNA expression in discrete areas in the hypothalamus and the hindbrain. ..
- Tu H, Kastin A, Bjorbaek C, Pan W. Urocortin trafficking in cerebral microvessel endothelial cells. J Mol Neurosci. 2007;31:171-81 pubmed..Thus, urocortin endocytosis is a saturable process leading to vesicular intracellular transport that can be enhanced by cell-surface leptin. ..
- Dhurandhar E, Krishnapuram R, Hegde V, Dubuisson O, Tao R, Dong X, et al. E4orf1 improves lipid and glucose metabolism in hepatocytes: a template to improve steatosis & hyperglycemia. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e47813 pubmed publisher..Elucidating the underlying molecular mechanism may help develop therapeutic approaches for treating diabetes or non-alcoholic fatty liver disease(NAFLD). ..
- Gilbertson T, Boughter J, Zhang H, Smith D. Distribution of gustatory sensitivities in rat taste cells: whole-cell responses to apical chemical stimulation. J Neurosci. 2001;21:4931-41 pubmed..4%) to three, and 8 (13.6%) to all of the basic stimuli. Cells with both inward (Na(+)) and outward (K(+)) voltage-activated currents were significantly more broadly tuned to gustatory stimuli than those with only inward currents. ..
- Grooters A, Gee M. Development of a nested polymerase chain reaction assay for the detection and identification of Pythium insidiosum. J Vet Intern Med. 2002;16:147-52 pubmed..Results of this study suggest that PCR is a useful tool for the identification of P insidiosum...
- Thune R, Fernandez D, Hawke J, Miller R. Construction of a safe, stable, efficacious vaccine against Photobacterium damselae ssp. piscicida. Dis Aquat Organ. 2003;57:51-8 pubmed..Further, LSU-P2 was demonstrated to be avirulent in hybrid striped bass and to provide significant protection against disease following challenge with the wild-type strain...
- Suh S, Blackwell M, Kurtzman C, Lachance M. Phylogenetics of Saccharomycetales, the ascomycete yeasts. Mycologia. 2006;98:1006-17 pubmed
- Pan W, Kastin A. From MIF-1 to endomorphin: the Tyr-MIF-1 family of peptides. Peptides. 2007;28:2411-34 pubmed..These peptides clearly illustrate that the name of a peptide restricts neither its actions nor its conceptual implications. ..
- Zuberi A, Townsend L, Patterson L, Zheng H, Berthoud H. Increased adiposity on normal diet, but decreased susceptibility to diet-induced obesity in mu-opioid receptor-deficient mice. Eur J Pharmacol. 2008;585:14-23 pubmed publisher..Because of the complexity of mu-opioid gene regulation and tissue distribution, more selective and targeted approaches will be necessary to fully understand the underlying mechanisms. ..
- Drel V, Pacher P, Ali T, Shin J, Julius U, El Remessy A, et al. Aldose reductase inhibitor fidarestat counteracts diabetes-associated cataract formation, retinal oxidative-nitrosative stress, glial activation, and apoptosis. Int J Mol Med. 2008;21:667-76 pubmed
- Kim J, Yu S, Choo J, Kim J. Two evolutionarily conserved sequence elements for Peg3/Usp29 transcription. BMC Mol Biol. 2008;9:108 pubmed publisher..CSE2 (YY1 binding sites) functions as an activator for Peg3 transcription, while CSE1 acts as a repressor for the transcription of both Peg3 and Usp29. ..
- Nevarez J, Mitchell M, Morgan T, Roy A, Johnson A. Association of West Nile virus with lymphohistiocytic proliferative cutaneous lesions in American alligators (Alligator mississippiensis) detected by RT-PCR. J Zoo Wildl Med. 2008;39:562-6 pubmed..There was no significant difference in the WNV RT-PCR results between control animals and normal skin sections from affected animals (P = 0.24). These findings suggest that LPSA is a cutaneous manifestation of WNV in alligators. ..
- Yang Y, Zhu Y, Ottea J, Husseneder C, Leonard B, Abel C, et al. Down regulation of a gene for cadherin, but not alkaline phosphatase, associated with Cry1Ab resistance in the sugarcane borer Diatraea saccharalis. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e25783 pubmed publisher..Down-regulation of DsCAD1 expression by RNAi was functionally correlated with a decrease in Cry1Ab susceptibility. These results suggest that down-regulation of DsCAD1 is associated with resistance to Cry1Ab in D. saccharalis. ..
- Humphries A, La Peyre M, Decossas G. The effect of structural complexity, prey density, and "predator-free space" on prey survivorship at created oyster reef mesocosms. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e28339 pubmed publisher..Creating experiments that better mimic natural conditions and test a wider range of "predator-free space" are suggested to better understand the role of structural complexity in oyster reefs and other complex habitats. ..
- Thompson J, Eades S, Chapman A, Paulsen D, Barker S, McConnico R. Effects of clenbuterol administration on serum biochemical, histologic, and echocardiographic measurements of muscle injury in exercising horses. Am J Vet Res. 2012;73:875-83 pubmed publisher..Results did not reveal any adverse effects of treatment with an approved dose of clenbuterol on equine cardiac or skeletal muscle in the small number of horses tested. ..
- Lee C, Lam Y, Sherman S. Intracortical convergence of layer 6 neurons. Neuroreport. 2012;23:736-40 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that intracortical modulation of layer 4 occurs through widespread layer 6 projections in each sensory cortical area. ..
- Guan Y, Zhang G, Zhang S, Domangue B, Galvez F. The potential role of polyamines in gill epithelial remodeling during extreme hypoosmotic challenges in the Gulf killifish, Fundulus grandis. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2016;194-195:39-50 pubmed publisher..These data suggest polyamines blunt the hypotonic inhibition of NaCl secretion and may lead to early apoptosis of seawater ionocytes and their replacement by FW-type ionocytes. ..
- Ye A, Kim H, Kim J. PEG3 control on the mammalian MSL complex. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0178363 pubmed publisher..Overall, the current study reports that Peg3 may control its downstream genes through mammalian MSL. ..
- Godeny E. Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for detection of antibodies against simian hemorrhagic fever virus. Comp Med. 2002;52:229-32 pubmed..However, this ELISA is less time consuming, less subjective, and not as prone to human error than the SHFV-IFA. ..
- Zvonic S, Story D, Stephens J, Mynatt R. Growth hormone, but not insulin, activates STAT5 proteins in adipocytes in vitro and in vivo. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;302:359-62 pubmed..However, acute GH administration, both in vitro and in vivo, resulted in the activation of STAT 5 proteins. In summary, our results indicate that STAT 5 proteins are not activated by physiological levels of insulin in adipose tissue. ..
- Willrich M, Leonard B, Temple J. Injury to preflowering and flowering cotton by brown stink bug and southern green stink bug. J Econ Entomol. 2004;97:924-33 pubmed..Seed germination in bolls infested with brown stink bug was significantly lower in bolls aged 101-600 heat units beyond anthesis. ..
- Pan W, Kastin A, Zankel T, van Kerkhof P, Terasaki T, Bu G. Efficient transfer of receptor-associated protein (RAP) across the blood-brain barrier. J Cell Sci. 2004;117:5071-8 pubmed..These studies suggest that RAP may provide a novel means of protein-based drug delivery to the brain. ..
- Deutsch W, Hegde V. Analysis of DNA strand cleavage at abasic sites. Methods Mol Biol. 2005;291:39-46 pubmed..Here we describe a method for analyzing the manner in which repair endonucleases differ in the way they create nicks in DNA and how to distinguish between them using cellular crude extracts. ..
- Porthouse K, Chirgwin S, Coleman S, Taylor H, Klei T. Inflammatory responses to migrating Brugia pahangi third-stage larvae. Infect Immun. 2006;74:2366-72 pubmed publisher..Polarization of the host response towards a dominant Th2-like profile is present at 7 dpi and is well established by 28 dpi in this permissive host...
- Vareniuk I, Pavlov I, Drel V, Lyzogubov V, Ilnytska O, Bell S, et al. Nitrosative stress and peripheral diabetic neuropathy in leptin-deficient (ob/ob) mice. Exp Neurol. 2007;205:425-36 pubmed..Peroxynitrite decomposition catalysts alleviate Type 2 diabetes-associated sensory nerve dysfunction, likely by mechanism(s) not involving arrest of degenerative changes or enhanced regeneration of small sensory nerve fibers. ..
- Pan W, Barron M, Hsuchou H, Tu H, Kastin A. Increased leptin permeation across the blood-brain barrier after chronic alcohol ingestion. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2008;33:859-66 pubmed..The results showing increased leptin permeation across the BBB lead to the speculation that leptin may serve as a homeostatic feeding signal in these mice. ..
- Yao S, Pan F, Prpic V, Wise G. Differentiation of stem cells in the dental follicle. J Dent Res. 2008;87:767-71 pubmed..Treating the DF cell population with doxorubicin, followed by incubation in an adipogenesis medium, suggested that the adipocytes originated from stem cells. Thus, a possibly puripotent stem cell population is present in the rat DF...
- Crousillac S, Colonna J, McMains E, Dewey J, Gleason E. Sphingosine-1-phosphate elicits receptor-dependent calcium signaling in retinal amacrine cells. J Neurophysiol. 2009;102:3295-309 pubmed publisher..Elucidation of the downstream effects of these signals will provide clues to the role of S1P in regulating inner retinal function. ..
- Shevalye H, Maksimchyk Y, Watcho P, Obrosova I. Poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase-1 (PARP-1) gene deficiency alleviates diabetic kidney disease. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2010;1802:1020-7 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, PARP-1-/- gene deficiency alleviates although does not completely prevent diabetic kidney disease. ..
- Kastin A, Pan W. Concepts for biologically active peptides. Curr Pharm Des. 2010;16:3390-400 pubmed..The development of peptidomics and gene silencing approaches will expedite the formation of many new concepts in a new era. ..
- Gleason E. The influences of metabotropic receptor activation on cellular signaling and synaptic function in amacrine cells. Vis Neurosci. 2012;29:31-9 pubmed publisher..The effects of activating cannabinoid receptors and S1P receptors on amacrine cell function will also be addressed. ..
- McDougal D, Hermann G, Rogers R. Vagal afferent stimulation activates astrocytes in the nucleus of the solitary tract via AMPA receptors: evidence of an atypical neural-glial interaction in the brainstem. J Neurosci. 2011;31:14037-45 pubmed publisher..These observations suggest that NST astrocytes may be active participants in the regulation of autonomic reflexes even in the normal, healthy state. ..
- Dhurandhar N. A framework for identification of infections that contribute to human obesity. Lancet Infect Dis. 2011;11:963-9 pubmed publisher..Clinicians should be aware of infectobesity (obesity of infectious origin), and its potential importance in effective obesity management. ..
- Taylor C, Karunaratne C, Xie N. Glycosides of hydroxyproline: some recent, unusual discoveries. Glycobiology. 2012;22:757-67 pubmed publisher..The characterization of native structural motifs, together with the determination of glycopeptide conformation and properties, holds the key to rationalizing nature's architectural design. ..
- Sparks J, Chakrabarty P. Description of a new genus of ponyfishes (Teleostei: Leiognathidae), with a review of the current generic-level composition of the family. Zootaxa. 2015;3947:181-90 pubmed publisher..Including the new genus described herein, we now recognize 10 monophyletic genera of extant ponyfishes. ..
- Maheshwari S, Brylinski M. Template-based identification of protein-protein interfaces using eFindSitePPI. Methods. 2016;93:64-71 pubmed publisher..Finally, we discuss common problems encountered in predicting protein interfaces and set forth directions for the future development of eFindSite(PPI). ..
- Noland R. Exercise and Regulation of Lipid Metabolism. Prog Mol Biol Transl Sci. 2015;135:39-74 pubmed publisher..Dynamic changes in these lipid pools during and after exercise are discussed, as well as key factors that may be responsible for regulating changes in fat oxidation in response to varying exercise conditions. ..
- Christofferson R, Mores C. A role for vector control in dengue vaccine programs. Vaccine. 2015;33:7069-74 pubmed publisher..The success of such an integrative strategy is predicated on closing gaps in our understanding of the DENV transmission cycle in hyperedemic locations. ..
- Harris R, Zhou J, Youngblood B, Smagin G, Ryan D. Failure to change exploration or saccharin preference in rats exposed to chronic mild stress. Physiol Behav. 1997;63:91-100 pubmed..Saccharin intake of CMS rats was dependent upon their dehydration state and could not be attributed to stress-induced anhedonia. ..
- Power R, Hulver M, Zhang J, Dubois J, Marchand R, Ilkayeva O, et al. Carnitine revisited: potential use as adjunctive treatment in diabetes. Diabetologia. 2007;50:824-32 pubmed..Carefully controlled clinical trials should be considered. ..
- Short C, Beadle R, Aranas T, Pawlusiow J, Clarke C. Distribution of cephapirin into a tissue chamber implanted subcutaneously in horses. J Vet Pharmacol Ther. 1987;10:241-7 pubmed..The lack of parallelism between the chamber fluid decay curve and that of serum is characteristic of drugs with a very short half-life. ..
- Truett G, Heeger P, Mynatt R, Truett A, Walker J, Warman M. Preparation of PCR-quality mouse genomic DNA with hot sodium hydroxide and tris (HotSHOT). Biotechniques. 2000;29:52, 54 pubmed
- Doi A, Holmes E, Kleinow K. P-glycoprotein in the catfish intestine: inducibility by xenobiotics and functional properties. Aquat Toxicol. 2001;55:157-70 pubmed
- Levert K, Waldrop G, Stephens J. A biotin analog inhibits acetyl-CoA carboxylase activity and adipogenesis. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:16347-50 pubmed..Our results support recent studies that indicate that acetyl-CoA carboxylase may be a suitable target for an anti-obesity therapeutic. ..
- Gentry L, Thompson D, Gentry G, Davis K, Godke R, Cartmill J. The relationship between body condition, leptin, and reproductive and hormonal characteristics of mares during the seasonal anovulatory period. J Anim Sci. 2002;80:2695-703 pubmed
- Bilder P, Ding H, Newcomer M. Crystal structure of the ancient, Fe-S scaffold IscA reveals a novel protein fold. Biochemistry. 2004;43:133-9 pubmed..In addition, the crystal packing reveals a helical assembly that is constructed from two possible tetrameric oligomers of IscA. ..
- Suh S, McHugh J, Blackwell M. Expansion of the Candida tanzawaensis yeast clade: 16 novel Candida species from basidiocarp-feeding beetles. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2004;54:2409-29 pubmed
- Jiang N, Emberly E, Cuvier O, Hart C. Genome-wide mapping of boundary element-associated factor (BEAF) binding sites in Drosophila melanogaster links BEAF to transcription. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:3556-68 pubmed publisher..These results provide an unexpected link between BEAF and transcription, suggesting that BEAF plays a role in maintaining most associated promoter regions in an environment that facilitates high transcription levels. ..
- Hermann G, Van Meter M, Rood J, Rogers R. Proteinase-activated receptors in the nucleus of the solitary tract: evidence for glial-neural interactions in autonomic control of the stomach. J Neurosci. 2009;29:9292-300 pubmed publisher..g., NST) neurons. These results show, for the first time, that changes in autonomic control can be directly signaled by glial detection of local chemical stimuli. ..
- Chouljenko V, Iyer A, Chowdhury S, Chouljenko D, Kousoulas K. The amino terminus of herpes simplex virus type 1 glycoprotein K (gK) modulates gB-mediated virus-induced cell fusion and virion egress. J Virol. 2009;83:12301-13 pubmed publisher..These data show that the amino terminus of gK modulates gB-mediated virus-induced cell fusion and virion egress. ..
- Venugopal C, Mendes L, Peiró J, Laborde S, Stokes A, Moore R. Transcriptional changes associated with recurrent airway obstruction in affected and unaffected horses. Am J Vet Res. 2010;71:476-82 pubmed publisher..Upregulated genes, particularly beta2-microglobulin, and the downregulated secretoglobin gene can serve as marker genes that may help to identify SPAOPD-RAO at an early age. ..
- Eades S. Overview of current laminitis research. Vet Clin North Am Equine Pract. 2010;26:51-63 pubmed publisher..However, scientific investigations are occurring at a phenomenal rate and shedding light on the pathophysiologic events involved with laminitis. ..
- Yao S, Gutierrez D, Ring S, Liu D, Wise G. Electroporation to deliver plasmid DNA into rat dental tissues. J Gene Med. 2010;12:981-9 pubmed publisher..This protocol could be used to deliver short hairpin RNA or genes of interest into the dental tissues to regulate tooth eruption. Thus, it may be possible to develop nonsurgical treatments for inducing the eruption of impacted teeth. ..
- Seemanapalli S, Xu Q, McShan K, Liang F. Outer surface protein C is a dissemination-facilitating factor of Borrelia burgdorferi during mammalian infection. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e15830 pubmed publisher..burgdorferi to disseminate to remote tissues after inoculation into mice. The study indicates that OspC plays an important role in dissemination of B. burgdorferi during mammalian infection. ..
- Pena M, Geluk A, van der Ploeg van Schip J, Franken K, Sharma R, Truman R. Cytokine responses to Mycobacterium leprae unique proteins differentiate between Mycobacterium leprae infected and naive armadillos. Lepr Rev. 2011;82:422-31 pubmed..leprae specific proteins that may be applied for monitoring T-cell responses in M. leprae infected hosts as their disease progresses as well as for the early diagnosis of leprosy...
- McLain A, Meyer T, Faulk C, Herke S, Oldenburg J, Bourgeois M, et al. An alu-based phylogeny of lemurs (infraorder: Lemuriformes). PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e44035 pubmed publisher..Our results also support the monophyly of the Lemuridae. Within Lemuridae we place Lemur and Hapalemur together to the exclusion of Eulemur and Varecia, with Varecia the sister lineage to the other three genera. ..
- Souza M, Veloso L, Sampaio M, Davis J. Influence of Host Quality and Temperature on the Biology of Diaeretiella rapae (Hymenoptera: Braconidae, Aphidiinae). Environ Entomol. 2017;46:995-1004 pubmed publisher..pseudobrassicae. The host's adaptation to high temperatures is a determinant of host quality for the parasitoid at that same climatic condition...
- Hoskins J. Canine haemobartonellosis, canine hepatozoonosis, and feline cytauxzoonosis. Vet Clin North Am Small Anim Pract. 1991;21:129-40 pubmed..Information concerning these less common tick-borne diseases are discussed, including their causative agents and their relationship to disease pathogenesis, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention...
- West D, Waguespack J, York B, Goudey Lefevre J, Price R. Genetics of dietary obesity in AKR/J x SWR/J mice: segregation of the trait and identification of a linked locus on chromosome 4. Mamm Genome. 1994;5:546-52 pubmed..However, a quantitative trait locus was found that maps distal to the db gene on Chromosome (Chr) 4. This locus has been designated dietary obese 1 or Do1. ..
- McCann S, Antunes Rodrigues J, Franci C, Anselmo Franci J, Karanth S, Rettori V. Role of the hypothalamic pituitary adrenal axis in the control of the response to stress and infection. Braz J Med Biol Res. 2000;33:1121-31 pubmed..CRH exerts a positive ultrashort loop feedback to stimulate its own release during stress, possibly by stimulating the LC noradrenergic neurons whose axons project to the paraventricular nucleus to augment the release of CRH. ..
- Harbo J, Harris J. Resistance to Varroa destructor (Mesostigmata: Varroidae) when mite-resistant queen honey bees (Hymenoptera: Apidae) were free-mated with unselected drones. J Econ Entomol. 2001;94:1319-23 pubmed
- Chandler J, Canal A, Paul J, Moser E. Collection frequency affects percent Y-chromosome bearing sperm, sperm head area and quality of bovine ejaculates. Theriogenology. 2002;57:1327-46 pubmed..Maximization of %Y-CDBS variation between ejaculate and its identification by PCR would allow ejaculate selection to be used to the alter the sex ratio in producers' calf crops...
- Prpic V, Watson P, Frampton I, Sabol M, Jezek G, Gettys T. Adaptive changes in adipocyte gene expression differ in AKR/J and SWR/J mice during diet-induced obesity. J Nutr. 2002;132:3325-32 pubmed
- Chapman M, French D, Klei T. Prevalence of strongyle nematodes in naturally infected ponies of different ages and during different seasons of the year in Louisiana. J Parasitol. 2003;89:309-14 pubmed..Fourth- and fifth-stage larvae of S. vulgaris recovered from the mesenteric vasculature were significantly more numerous in winter and spring than in other seasons. ..
- Yao S, Pan F, Wise G. Chronological gene expression of parathyroid hormone-related protein (PTHrP) in the stellate reticulum of the rat: implications for tooth eruption. Arch Oral Biol. 2007;52:228-32 pubmed
- Pasarica M, Shin A, Yu M, Ou Yang H, Rathod M, Jen K, et al. Human adenovirus 36 induces adiposity, increases insulin sensitivity, and alters hypothalamic monoamines in rats. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2006;14:1905-13 pubmed..Involvement of the central nervous system (CNS) or adipose tissue in the mechanism of Ad-36-induced adiposity is unknown. The effects of Ad-36 on adiposity and on the neuroendocrine system were investigated in a rat model...
- Trevaskis J, Gawronska Kozak B, Sutton G, McNeil M, Stephens J, Smith S, et al. Role of adiponectin and inflammation in insulin resistance of Mc3r and Mc4r knockout mice. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2007;15:2664-72 pubmed..A delay in macrophage infiltration of adipose tissue of Mc3rKO during exposure to HFD may also be a factor contributing to the mild insulin resistance in this model. ..
- Giraldo A, Hylan D, Ballard C, Purpera M, Vaught T, Lynn J, et al. Effect of epigenetic modifications of donor somatic cells on the subsequent chromatin remodeling of cloned bovine embryos. Biol Reprod. 2008;78:832-40 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, aberrant DNMT1 expression may partially contribute to the inefficient nuclear reprogramming observed in cloned embryos. ..
- Yin J, Zhang H, Ye J. Traditional chinese medicine in treatment of metabolic syndrome. Endocr Metab Immune Disord Drug Targets. 2008;8:99-111 pubmed
- Zhang J, Gao Z, Yin J, Quon M, Ye J. S6K directly phosphorylates IRS-1 on Ser-270 to promote insulin resistance in response to TNF-(alpha) signaling through IKK2. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:35375-82 pubmed publisher..We present a new mechanism for TNF-alpha to induce insulin resistance that involves activation of S6K by an IKK2-dependent pathway. S6K directly phosphorylates IRS-1 on multiple serine residues to inhibit insulin signaling. ..
- Vareniuk I, Pacher P, Pavlov I, Drel V, Obrosova I. Peripheral neuropathy in mice with neuronal nitric oxide synthase gene deficiency. Int J Mol Med. 2009;23:571-80 pubmed..nNOS gene deficiency does not protect from development of nerve conduction deficit, sensory neuropathy and intraepidermal nerve fiber loss. ..
- Civitarese A, MacLean P, Carling S, Kerr Bayles L, McMillan R, Pierce A, et al. Regulation of skeletal muscle oxidative capacity and insulin signaling by the mitochondrial rhomboid protease PARL. Cell Metab. 2010;11:412-26 pubmed publisher..We propose that lower PARL expression may contribute to the mitochondrial abnormalities seen in aging and T2DM. ..
- Stone K, Kastin A, Hsuchou H, Yu C, Pan W. Rapid endocytosis of interleukin-15 by cerebral endothelia. J Neurochem. 2011;116:544-53 pubmed publisher..IL15 was trafficked to early, recycling, and late endosomes, to the Golgi, and to lysosomes. The diffuse distribution suggests that IL15 activates multiple endothelial signaling events. ..
- Purpera M, Shen L, Taghavi M, Munzberg H, Martin R, Hutson S, et al. Impaired branched chain amino acid metabolism alters feeding behavior and increases orexigenic neuropeptide expression in the hypothalamus. J Endocrinol. 2012;212:85-94 pubmed publisher..These data thus suggest that either BCAAs do not act as physiological signals of protein status or the loss of BCAA metabolism within brain glia impairs the detection of protein balance. ..
- Eberhard J, Wright T. Rearrangement and evolution of mitochondrial genomes in parrots. Mol Phylogenet Evol. 2016;94:34-46 pubmed publisher..If this is the case, then any replicative advantage provided by having a second control region could result in selection for maintenance of both control regions once duplicated. ..
- Salvatore M, Terrebonne J, Fields V, Nodurft D, Runfalo C, Latimer B, et al. Initiation of calorie restriction in middle-aged male rats attenuates aging-related motoric decline and bradykinesia without increased striatal dopamine. Neurobiol Aging. 2016;37:192-207 pubmed publisher..Sustaining nigral dopamine neurotransmission may be one component of preserving locomotor capabilities during aging. ..