Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on protein transport in Iowa City, Iowa, United States
Locale: Iowa City, Iowa, United States
Topic: protein transport
- He C, Murthy S, McCormick M, Spitz D, Ryan A, Carter A. Mitochondrial Cu,Zn-superoxide dismutase mediates pulmonary fibrosis by augmenting H2O2 generation. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:15597-607 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate a novel mechanism for the pathogenesis of pulmonary fibrosis where the antioxidant enzyme Cu,Zn-SOD translocates to the mitochondrial IMS to increase H(2)O(2) generation in alveolar macrophages. ..
- Volk K, Husted R, Sigmund R, Stokes J. Overexpression of the epithelial Na+ channel gamma subunit in collecting duct cells: interactions of Liddle's mutations and steroids on expression and function. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:18348-54 pubmed..Calculated insertion rates were slower for the Liddle's mutant than for wild type despite increasing rates of Na(+) transport. These results raise questions regarding previously held assumptions about the behavior of ENaC. ..
- Zhou H, Ferraro D, Zhao J, Hussain S, Shao J, Trujillo J, et al. The N-terminal region of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus protein 6 induces membrane rearrangement and enhances virus replication. J Virol. 2010;84:3542-51 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results support the notion that p6 is a two-domain protein, although the function of each is not completely independent of the other. ..
- Soll D, Wessels D, Kuhl S, Lusche D. How a cell crawls and the role of cortical myosin II. Eukaryot Cell. 2009;8:1381-96 pubmed publisher..discoideum must now be tested by similar 4D analyses of the motility of amoeboid cells of higher eukaryotic cells, in particular human polymorphonuclear leukocytes. ..
- Merrill R, Dagda R, Dickey A, Cribbs J, Green S, Usachev Y, et al. Mechanism of neuroprotective mitochondrial remodeling by PKA/AKAP1. PLoS Biol. 2011;9:e1000612 pubmed publisher..Unopposed fusion then promotes formation of a mitochondrial reticulum, which protects neurons from diverse insults. ..
- Hehnly H, Longhini K, Chen J, Stamnes M. Retrograde Shiga toxin trafficking is regulated by ARHGAP21 and Cdc42. Mol Biol Cell. 2009;20:4303-12 pubmed publisher..We conclude that ARHGAP21 and Cdc42-based signaling regulates the dynein-dependent retrograde transport of Shiga toxin to the Golgi apparatus. ..
- Hehnly H, Sheff D, Stamnes M. Shiga toxin facilitates its retrograde transport by modifying microtubule dynamics. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:4379-89 pubmed..We conclude that the increased rate of MT assembly upon Shiga toxin binding facilitates the retrograde transport of the toxin through the secretory pathway. ..
- McGowan S, Holmes A, Mecham R, Ritty T. Arg-Gly-Asp-containing domains of fibrillins-1 and -2 distinctly regulate lung fibroblast migration. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2008;38:435-45 pubmed..Understanding how fibrillins regulate LF migration may help elucidate how the elastic fiber system could be restored as an interconnected unit, which fails to occur in emphysematous lungs. ..
- Lu J, Deschenes R, Fassler J. Role for the Ran binding protein, Mog1p, in Saccharomyces cerevisiae SLN1-SKN7 signal transduction. Eukaryot Cell. 2004;3:1544-56 pubmed
- Khan A, Thurmond D, Yang C, Ceresa B, Sigmund C, Pessin J. Munc18c regulates insulin-stimulated glut4 translocation to the transverse tubules in skeletal muscle. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:4063-9 pubmed..In addition, these results underscore the utility of this transgenic model to directly visualize GLUT4 translocation in skeletal muscle. ..
- Gulshan K, Thommandru B, Moye Rowley W. Proteolytic degradation of the Yap1 transcription factor is regulated by subcellular localization and the E3 ubiquitin ligase Not4. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:26796-805 pubmed publisher..These data uncover a new, conserved pathway for regulation of the oxidative stress response that serves to temporally limit the duration of Yap1-dependent transcriptional activation. ..
- Bonangelino C, Nau J, Duex J, Brinkman M, Wurmser A, Gary J, et al. Osmotic stress-induced increase of phosphatidylinositol 3,5-bisphosphate requires Vac14p, an activator of the lipid kinase Fab1p. J Cell Biol. 2002;156:1015-28 pubmed..These findings demonstrate that Vac14p regulates the levels of PtdIns(3,5)P(2) and provide insight into why PtdIns(3,5)P(2) levels rise in response to osmotic stress. ..
- Merrill R, Slupe A, Strack S. N-terminal phosphorylation of protein phosphatase 2A/Bβ2 regulates translocation to mitochondria, dynamin-related protein 1 dephosphorylation, and neuronal survival. FEBS J. 2013;280:662-73 pubmed publisher..These results reveal another layer of complexity in the regulation of the mitochondrial fission-fusion equilibrium and its physiological and pathophysiological consequences in the nervous system. ..
- Ahluwalia J, Topp J, Weirather K, Zimmerman M, Stamnes M. A role for calcium in stabilizing transport vesicle coats. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:34148-55 pubmed..The primary target for the effects of calcium on coatomer recruitment is a step that occurs after ADP-ribosylation factor binding to the membrane. We suggest that a calcium gradient may serve to regulate the timing of vesicle uncoating. ..
- Rockey W, Hernandez F, Huang S, Cao S, Howell C, Thomas G, et al. Rational truncation of an RNA aptamer to prostate-specific membrane antigen using computational structural modeling. Nucleic Acid Ther. 2011;21:299-314 pubmed publisher..Finally, this work highlights the utility of existing RNA structural prediction and protein docking techniques that may be generally applicable to developing RNA aptamers optimized for therapeutic use. ..
- Zhang M, Patriarchi T, Stein I, Qian H, Matt L, Nguyen M, et al. Adenylyl cyclase anchoring by a kinase anchor protein AKAP5 (AKAP79/150) is important for postsynaptic ?-adrenergic signaling. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:17918-31 pubmed publisher..Accordingly, anchoring of not only PKA but also AC by AKAP5 is important for regulation of postsynaptic functions and specifically AMPA receptor activity. ..
- Kobayashi Y, Rader E, Crawford R, Iyengar N, Thedens D, Faulkner J, et al. Sarcolemma-localized nNOS is required to maintain activity after mild exercise. Nature. 2008;456:511-5 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that patients with an exaggerated fatigue response to mild exercise would show clinical improvement in response to treatment strategies aimed at improving exercise-induced signalling. ..
- Zhou R, Tomkovicz V, Butler P, Ochoa L, Peterson Z, Snyder P. Ubiquitin-specific peptidase 8 (USP8) regulates endosomal trafficking of the epithelial Na+ channel. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:5389-97 pubmed publisher..Together with previous work, the data indicate that the ubiquitination state of ENaC is critical for the regulation of epithelial Na(+) absorption. ..
- Mahajan V, Skeie J, Bassuk A, Fingert J, Braun T, Daggett H, et al. Calpain-5 mutations cause autoimmune uveitis, retinal neovascularization, and photoreceptor degeneration. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1003001 pubmed publisher..Further investigation of these mutations is likely to provide insight into the pathophysiologic mechanisms of common diseases ranging from autoimmune disorders to diabetic retinopathy. ..
- Sharotri V, Collier D, Olson D, Zhou R, Snyder P. Regulation of epithelial sodium channel trafficking by proprotein convertase subtilisin/kexin type 9 (PCSK9). J Biol Chem. 2012;287:19266-74 pubmed publisher..By reducing ENaC channel number, PCSK9 could modulate epithelial Na(+) absorption, a major contributor to blood pressure control. ..
- Schmidt K, Peterson N, Kustusch R, Wissel M, Graham B, Phillips G, et al. A predicted ABC transporter, FtsEX, is needed for cell division in Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 2004;186:785-93 pubmed..We conclude that FtsEX participates directly in the process of cell division and is important for assembly or stability of the septal ring, especially in salt-free media...
- Dudakovic A, Tong H, Hohl R. Geranylgeranyl diphosphate depletion inhibits breast cancer cell migration. Invest New Drugs. 2011;29:912-20 pubmed publisher..These studies suggest that geranylgeranyl diphosphate synthase inhibitors are a novel approach to interfere with cancer cell migration. ..
- Srikantha T, Borneman A, Daniels K, Pujol C, Wu W, Seringhaus M, et al. TOS9 regulates white-opaque switching in Candida albicans. Eukaryot Cell. 2006;5:1674-87 pubmed..TOS9 has also been referred to as EAP2 and WOR1. ..
- Eppinga R, Peng I, Lin J, Wu C, Lin J. Opposite effects of overexpressed myosin Va or heavy meromyosin Va on vesicle distribution, cytoskeleton organization, and cell motility in nonmuscle cells. Cell Motil Cytoskeleton. 2008;65:197-215 pubmed..Together, these data suggest that myosin Va overexpression induces actin bundles in vivo whereas the tailless version fails to bundle actin and disrupts cell motility. ..
- Shi L, Ramaswamy M, Manzel L, Look D. Inhibition of Jak1-dependent signal transduction in airway epithelial cells infected with adenovirus. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2007;37:720-8 pubmed..Taken together, the results indicate that AdV down-regulates host epithelial cell Jak1 to assure inhibition of the antiviral effects of multiple mediators to subvert airway defense responses and establish a productive infection. ..
- Manickam V, Tiwari A, Jung J, Bhattacharya R, Goel A, Mukhopadhyay D, et al. Regulation of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2 trafficking and angiogenesis by Golgi localized t-SNARE syntaxin 6. Blood. 2011;117:1425-35 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate the importance of syntaxin 6 in the maintenance of cellular VEGFR2 levels, and suggest that the inhibitory form of syntaxin 6 has good potential as an antiangiogenic agent. ..
- Winterwood N, Varzavand A, Meland M, Ashman L, Stipp C. A critical role for tetraspanin CD151 in alpha3beta1 and alpha6beta4 integrin-dependent tumor cell functions on laminin-5. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:2707-21 pubmed..These data show that CD151 plays a critical role in tumor cell responses to laminin-5 and reveal promotion of integrin recycling as a novel potential mechanism whereby CD151 regulates tumor cell migration. ..
- Hsu Y, Garrison J, Kim G, Schmitz A, Searby C, Zhang Q, et al. BBSome function is required for both the morphogenesis and maintenance of the photoreceptor outer segment. PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1007057 pubmed publisher..Over time, the retinas of the rescued mice become morphologically and functionally normal, indicating that there is a window of plasticity when initial retinal outer segment morphogenesis defects can be ameliorated. ..
- Krishnamurthy H, Kishi H, Shi M, Galet C, Bhaskaran R, Hirakawa T, et al. Postendocytotic trafficking of the follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH)-FSH receptor complex. Mol Endocrinol. 2003;17:2162-76 pubmed
- Dong X, Mitchell D, Lobo S, Zhao L, Bartels D, Deschenes R. Palmitoylation and plasma membrane localization of Ras2p by a nonclassical trafficking pathway in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:6574-84 pubmed..These results provide evidence for the existence of a palmitoylation-dependent, nonclassical endomembrane trafficking system for the plasma membrane localization of Ras proteins. ..
- Bilodeau P, Winistorfer S, Kearney W, Robertson A, Piper R. Vps27-Hse1 and ESCRT-I complexes cooperate to increase efficiency of sorting ubiquitinated proteins at the endosome. J Cell Biol. 2003;163:237-43 pubmed..These results indicate that both Ub-sorting complexes are coupled for efficient recognition of ubiquitinated cargo. ..
- Mao M, Thedens D, Chang B, Harris B, Zheng Q, Johnson K, et al. The podosomal-adaptor protein SH3PXD2B is essential for normal postnatal development. Mamm Genome. 2009;20:462-75 pubmed publisher..These results identify SH3PXD2B as a podosomal-adaptor protein required for postnatal growth and development, particularly within physiologic contexts involving extracellular matrix regulation...
- Sun Z, Smrcka A, Chen S. WDR26 functions as a scaffolding protein to promote G??-mediated phospholipase C ?2 (PLC?2) activation in leukocytes. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:16715-25 pubmed publisher..These findings have identified a novel mechanism of regulating G?? signaling through a scaffolding protein. ..
- Korovkina V, Stamnes S, Brainard A, England S. Nardilysin convertase regulates the function of the maxi-K channel isoform mK44 in human myometrium. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2009;296:C433-40 pubmed publisher..Overall, our data indicate that, in human myometrium, nardilysin convertase and mK44 channels are a part of the molecular mechanism that regulates the excitability of smooth muscle cells. ..
- Arends S, Kustusch R, Weiss D. ATP-binding site lesions in FtsE impair cell division. J Bacteriol. 2009;191:3772-84 pubmed publisher..This structure is not what one would expect of a substrate-specific transmembrane channel, leading us to suggest that FtsEX is not really a transporter even though it probably has to hydrolyze ATP to support cell division...
- Gopalakrishna K, Doddapuneni K, Boyd K, Masuho I, Martemyanov K, Artemyev N. Interaction of transducin with uncoordinated 119 protein (UNC119): implications for the model of transducin trafficking in rod photoreceptors. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:28954-62 pubmed publisher..We also found that UNC119 inhibited activation of G(o) by D2 dopamine receptor in cultured cells. Thus, UNC119 may play conserved inhibitory role in regulation of GPCR-G protein signaling in non-visual tissues...
- Pretorius P, Baye L, Nishimura D, Searby C, Bugge K, Yang B, et al. Identification and functional analysis of the vision-specific BBS3 (ARL6) long isoform. PLoS Genet. 2010;6:e1000884 pubmed publisher..Bbs3L-null mice lack key features of previously published Bbs-null mice, including obesity. These data demonstrate that the BBS3L transcript is required for proper retinal function and organization. ..
- Zhang Q, Nishimura D, Seo S, Vogel T, Morgan D, Searby C, et al. Bardet-Biedl syndrome 3 (Bbs3) knockout mouse model reveals common BBS-associated phenotypes and Bbs3 unique phenotypes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:20678-83 pubmed publisher..Differences between BBS mouse models suggest nonoverlapping functions to individual BBS protein. ..
- Ren J, Kee Y, Huibregtse J, Piper R. Hse1, a component of the yeast Hrs-STAM ubiquitin-sorting complex, associates with ubiquitin peptidases and a ligase to control sorting efficiency into multivesicular bodies. Mol Biol Cell. 2007;18:324-35 pubmed..Additionally, we find that disruption of UBP2 and RUP1 inhibits MVB sorting of some cargos suggesting that Rsp5 requires association with Ubp2 to properly ubiquitinate cargo for efficient MVB sorting. ..
- MacDonald C, Payne J, Aboian M, Smith W, Katzmann D, Piper R. A family of tetraspans organizes cargo for sorting into multivesicular bodies. Dev Cell. 2015;33:328-42 pubmed publisher..Expression of these proteins increases during nutrient stress through an NAD(+)/Sir2-dependent mechanism that in turn accelerates the downregulation of a broad range of cell-surface proteins. ..
- Ishikawa K, Catlett N, Novak J, Tang F, Nau J, Weisman L. Identification of an organelle-specific myosin V receptor. J Cell Biol. 2003;160:887-97 pubmed..Organelle-specific receptors such as Vac17p provide a mechanism whereby a single type of myosin V can move diverse cargoes to distinct destinations at different times. ..
- Galet C, Hirakawa T, Ascoli M. The postendocytotic trafficking of the human lutropin receptor is mediated by a transferable motif consisting of the C-terminal cysteine and an upstream leucine. Mol Endocrinol. 2004;18:434-46 pubmed..The importance of the Gly(687)Thr(688) motif is revealed mostly in the context of a rat LHR/hLHR chimera. These studies define a novel, noncontiguous, transferable motif that participates in the sorting of internalized GPCRs. ..
- Tiwari A, Jung J, Inamdar S, Nihalani D, Choudhury A. The myosin motor Myo1c is required for VEGFR2 delivery to the cell surface and for angiogenic signaling. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2013;304:H687-96 pubmed publisher..This is the first report demonstrating that Myo1c is an important mediator of VEGF-induced VEGFR2 delivery to the cell surface and plays a role in angiogenic signaling. ..
- Korgaonkar C, Hagen J, Tompkins V, Frazier A, Allamargot C, Quelle F, et al. Nucleophosmin (B23) targets ARF to nucleoli and inhibits its function. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:1258-71 pubmed..Conversely, NPM overexpression antagonized ARF function while increasing its nucleolar localization. These data suggest that NPM inhibits ARF's p53-dependent activity by targeting it to nucleoli and impairing ARF-Mdm2 association. ..
- Kinkade K, Streeter J, Miller F. Inhibition of NADPH oxidase by apocynin attenuates progression of atherosclerosis. Int J Mol Sci. 2013;14:17017-28 pubmed publisher..We conclude that apocynin attenuates the progression of atherosclerosis in hypercholesterolemic mice, potentially by its ability to inhibit generation of superoxide by NADPH oxidase. ..
- Maity B, Sheff D, Fisher R. Immunostaining: detection of signaling protein location in tissues, cells and subcellular compartments. Methods Cell Biol. 2013;113:81-105 pubmed publisher..Immunostaining is used in cell biology to study differential protein expression, localization and distribution at the tissue, cellular, and subcellular level. ..
- Zhou R, Kabra R, Olson D, Piper R, Snyder P. Hrs controls sorting of the epithelial Na+ channel between endosomal degradation and recycling pathways. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:30523-30 pubmed publisher..In contrast, Hrs-?UIM had no effect on degradation of uncleaved inactive channels. The data support a model in which Nedd4-2 induces binding of ENaC to Hrs, which mediates the sorting decision between ENaC degradation and recycling. ..
- Seo S, Zhang Q, Bugge K, Breslow D, Searby C, Nachury M, et al. A novel protein LZTFL1 regulates ciliary trafficking of the BBSome and Smoothened. PLoS Genet. 2011;7:e1002358 pubmed publisher..Finally, we found that BBS proteins and LZTFL1 regulate ciliary trafficking of hedgehog signal transducer, Smoothened. Our findings suggest that LZTFL1 is an important regulator of BBSome ciliary trafficking and hedgehog signaling. ..
- Spiczka K, Yeaman C. Ral-regulated interaction between Sec5 and paxillin targets Exocyst to focal complexes during cell migration. J Cell Sci. 2008;121:2880-91 pubmed publisher..Reduction of neither GTPase significantly altered steady-state levels of assembled Exocyst in these cells, but did change the observed localization of Exocyst proteins. ..
- Chen J, Fucini R, Lacomis L, Erdjument Bromage H, Tempst P, Stamnes M. Coatomer-bound Cdc42 regulates dynein recruitment to COPI vesicles. J Cell Biol. 2005;169:383-9 pubmed..We propose a model for how proper temporal regulation of motor-based vesicle translocation could be coupled to the completion of vesicle formation. ..
- Eshcol J, Harding A, Hattori T, Costa V, Welsh M, Benson C. Acid-sensing ion channel 3 (ASIC3) cell surface expression is modulated by PSD-95 within lipid rafts. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2008;295:C732-9 pubmed publisher..In addition, we found that cell surface ASIC3 is enriched in the lipid raft fraction. These data suggest that PSD-95 and ASIC3 interact within lipid rafts and that this raft interaction is required for PSD-95 to modulate ASIC3. ..
- Shepherd A, Loo L, Mohapatra D. Chemokine co-receptor CCR5/CXCR4-dependent modulation of Kv2.1 channel confers acute neuroprotection to HIV-1 glycoprotein gp120 exposure. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e76698 pubmed publisher..These observations shed new light on the intrinsic homeostatic mechanisms of neuronal resilience during the acute stages of neuro-HIV infections. ..
- Strack S, Cribbs J. Allosteric modulation of Drp1 mechanoenzyme assembly and mitochondrial fission by the variable domain. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:10990-1001 pubmed publisher..This in turn modulates Arg-376-dependent OMM targeting of Drp1 via multivalent interactions with Mff. ..
- Strack S, Wilson T, Cribbs J. Cyclin-dependent kinases regulate splice-specific targeting of dynamin-related protein 1 to microtubules. J Cell Biol. 2013;201:1037-51 pubmed publisher..Thus, alternative splicing generates a latent, cytoskeletal pool of Drp1 that is selectively mobilized by cyclin-dependent kinase signaling. ..
- Baldwin A, Clemons A, Phillips B. Unique and redundant Î²-catenin regulatory roles of two Dishevelled paralogs during C. elegans asymmetric cell division. J Cell Sci. 2016;129:983-93 pubmed publisher..Overall, we have further defined the role of Dishevelled in the WÎ²A signaling pathway, and demonstrated that DSH-2 and MIG-5 regulate cell fate, Î²-catenin nuclear levels and the polarity of Î²-catenin regulation. ..
- Chatterjee T, Fisher R. Mild heat and proteotoxic stress promote unique subcellular trafficking and nucleolar accumulation of RGS6 and other RGS proteins. Role of the RGS domain in stress-induced trafficking of RGS proteins. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:30272-82 pubmed..These results provide new evidence that mammalian RGS proteins undergo unique subcellular trafficking in response to specific forms of cellular stress and implicate the RGS family of proteins in cellular stress signaling pathways. ..
- Yeaman C, Ayala M, Wright J, Bard F, Bossard C, Ang A, et al. Protein kinase D regulates basolateral membrane protein exit from trans-Golgi network. Nat Cell Biol. 2004;6:106-12 pubmed..PKD activity is required only for the transport of proteins containing basolateral sorting information, and seems to be cargo specific...
- Pashkova N, Gakhar L, Winistorfer S, Sunshine A, Rich M, Dunham M, et al. The yeast Alix homolog Bro1 functions as a ubiquitin receptor for protein sorting into multivesicular endosomes. Dev Cell. 2013;25:520-33 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that Bro1 and other Bro1 family members function in parallel with ESCRT-0 to recognize and sort Ub-cargoes...
- Ji W, Hatch A, Merrill R, Strack S, Higgs H. Actin filaments target the oligomeric maturation of the dynamin GTPase Drp1 to mitochondrial fission sites. elife. 2015;4:e11553 pubmed publisher..We propose that Drp1 is in dynamic equilibrium on mitochondria in a fission-independent manner, and that fission factors such as actin filaments target productive oligomerization to fission sites. ..
- Kusner D, Thompson C, Melrose N, Pitson S, Obeid L, Iyer S. The localization and activity of sphingosine kinase 1 are coordinately regulated with actin cytoskeletal dynamics in macrophages. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:23147-62 pubmed..Thus, the localization and activity of SK1 are coordinately regulated with actin dynamics during macrophage activation. ..
- Jung J, Inamdar S, Tiwari A, Ye D, Lin F, Choudhury A. Syntaxin 16 regulates lumen formation during epithelial morphogenesis. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e61857 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our in vitro and in vivo studies establish a role for Stx16 in maintaining the integrity of cell-cell junctions, and thereby in morphogenesis of the kidney epithelial lumen. ..
- Gross J, Bhattacharya D. Revaluating the evolution of the Toc and Tic protein translocons. Trends Plant Sci. 2009;14:13-20 pubmed publisher..Multifunctionality seems to be a hallmark of the Tic complex, in which protein import is integrated with a broad array of plastid processes. ..
- Xu H, Echemendia N, Chen S, Lin F. Identification and expression patterns of members of the protease-activated receptor (PAR) gene family during zebrafish development. Dev Dyn. 2011;240:278-87 pubmed publisher..This conservation is supported by our findings that Par1 and Par2b are internalized following exposure to thrombin and trypsin, respectively. ..
- Kline C, Cunha S, Lowe J, Hund T, Mohler P. Revisiting ankyrin-InsP3 receptor interactions: ankyrin-B associates with the cytoplasmic N-terminus of the InsP3 receptor. J Cell Biochem. 2008;104:1244-53 pubmed publisher..In summary, our findings demonstrate that the ankyrin-binding site is located on the cytoplasmic face of the InsP(3) receptor, thus validating the feasibility of in vivo ankyrin-InsP(3) receptor interactions. ..
- Urbanowski M, Brutinel E, Yahr T. Translocation of ExsE into Chinese hamster ovary cells is required for transcriptional induction of the Pseudomonas aeruginosa type III secretion system. Infect Immun. 2007;75:4432-9 pubmed
- Kerov V, Natochin M, Artemyev N. Interaction of transducin-alpha with LGN, a G-protein modulator expressed in photoreceptor cells. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2005;28:485-95 pubmed..The localization and interaction with Gtalpha suggest LGN roles in modulation of transducin translocation and other photoreceptor cell functions. ..
- Chen B, Mallampalli R. Masking of a nuclear signal motif by monoubiquitination leads to mislocalization and degradation of the regulatory enzyme cytidylyltransferase. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:3062-75 pubmed publisher..These results unravel a unique molecular mechanism whereby monoubiquitination governs the trafficking and life span of a critical regulatory enzyme in vivo. ..
- Gudmundsson H, Hund T, Wright P, Kline C, Snyder J, Qian L, et al. EH domain proteins regulate cardiac membrane protein targeting. Circ Res. 2010;107:84-95 pubmed publisher..Notably, these data provide the first link between EHD proteins and a human disease model. ..
- Tiwari A, Jung J, Inamdar S, Brown C, Goel A, Choudhury A. Endothelial cell migration on fibronectin is regulated by syntaxin 6-mediated alpha5beta1 integrin recycling. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:36749-61 pubmed publisher..These syntaxin 6-regulated membrane trafficking events control outside-in signaling via haptotactic and chemotactic mechanisms. ..
- Mora S, Durham P, Smith J, Russo A, Jeromin A, Pessin J. NCS-1 inhibits insulin-stimulated GLUT4 translocation in 3T3L1 adipocytes through a phosphatidylinositol 4-kinase-dependent pathway. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:27494-500 pubmed..These data demonstrate that PI 4-kinase functions to negatively regulate GLUT4 translocation through its interaction with NCS-1. ..
- Scott C, Marsden A, Rebagliati M, Zhang Q, Chamling X, Searby C, et al. Nuclear/cytoplasmic transport defects in BBS6 underlie congenital heart disease through perturbation of a chromatin remodeling protein. PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1006936 pubmed publisher..Our work identifies a new function for BBS6 in nuclear-cytoplasmic transport, and provides insight into the disease mechanism underlying the congenital heart defects in McKusick-Kaufman syndrome patients. ..
- Shields S, Oestreich A, Winistorfer S, Nguyen D, Payne J, Katzmann D, et al. ESCRT ubiquitin-binding domains function cooperatively during MVB cargo sorting. J Cell Biol. 2009;185:213-24 pubmed publisher..These experiments reveal an unexpected level of coordination among the ESCRT UBDs, suggesting that they collectively recognize a diverse set of cargo rather than act sequentially at discrete steps. ..