Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Iowa City, Iowa, United States
Locale: Iowa City, Iowa, United States
Publications1159 found, 100 shown here
- Adams B, Lawler E. Chronic instability of the distal radioulnar joint. J Am Acad Orthop Surg. 2007;15:571-5 pubmed..Ligament reconstruction is effective for DRUJ instability but requires a competent sigmoid notch; however, it may not fully correct ulnocarpal instability. ..
- McGowan S, Holmes A, Mecham R, Ritty T. Arg-Gly-Asp-containing domains of fibrillins-1 and -2 distinctly regulate lung fibroblast migration. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2008;38:435-45 pubmed..Understanding how fibrillins regulate LF migration may help elucidate how the elastic fiber system could be restored as an interconnected unit, which fails to occur in emphysematous lungs. ..
- Coryell W, Rickels H. Effects of escitalopram on anxiety and respiratory responses to carbon dioxide inhalation in subjects at high risk for panic disorder: a placebo-controlled, crossover study. J Clin Psychopharmacol. 2009;29:174-8 pubmed publisher..Future studies concerning the effects of antidepressants on responses to CO2 challenge should use a placebo-controlled design. ..
- Falsetta M, Bair T, Ku S, vanden Hoven R, Steichen C, McEwan A, et al. Transcriptional profiling identifies the metabolic phenotype of gonococcal biofilms. Infect Immun. 2009;77:3522-32 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that biofilm formation by the gonococcus may represent a response that is linked to the control of nitric oxide steady-state levels during infection of cervical epithelial cells. ..
- Gudmundsson H, Hund T, Wright P, Kline C, Snyder J, Qian L, et al. EH domain proteins regulate cardiac membrane protein targeting. Circ Res. 2010;107:84-95 pubmed publisher..Notably, these data provide the first link between EHD proteins and a human disease model. ..
- Shibli Rahhal A, Schlechte J. Hyperprolactinemia and infertility. Endocrinol Metab Clin North Am. 2011;40:837-46 pubmed publisher..Clinically significant tumor enlargement during pregnancy is uncommon and dependent on tumor size and prepregnancy treatment. ..
- Ellingwood N, Yin Y, Smith M, Lin C. Efficient methods for implementation of multi-level nonrigid mass-preserving image registration on GPUs and multi-threaded CPUs. Comput Methods Programs Biomed. 2016;127:290-300 pubmed publisher..8min on twelve-threaded CPU version and 112.5min on a single-threaded CPU. Furthermore, the GPU implementation discussed in this work can be adapted for use of other cost functions that require calculation of the first derivatives. ..
- Hayes M, Roman D. Regulator of G Protein Signaling 17 as a Negative Modulator of GPCR Signaling in Multiple Human Cancers. AAPS J. 2016;18:550-9 pubmed publisher..This review highlights recent findings related to RGS17 as both a canonical and atypical RGS protein, its role in various human disease states, and offers insights on small molecule inhibition of RGS17. ..
- Spohn G, Pietras T, Stone M. Delayed-Onset Sclerema Neonatorum in a Critically Ill Premature Infant. Pediatr Dermatol. 2016;33:e168-9 pubmed publisher..Sclerema neonatorum is extremely rare in the 21st century. We report a premature infant managed in a neonatal intensive care unit with delayed development of sclerema neonatorum. ..
- Voznesensky M, Annam K, Kreder K. Understanding and Managing Erectile Dysfunction in Patients Treated for Cancer. J Oncol Pract. 2016;12:297-304 pubmed publisher..In this article, we discuss how chemotherapy, hormone therapy, surgery, and radiation affect erectile function as well as possible treatment options for ED. ..
- Joy P, Gopinathannair R, Olshansky B. Effect of Ablation for Atrial Fibrillation on Heart Failure Readmission Rates. Am J Cardiol. 2017;120:1572-1577 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, AF increased 90-day readmissions in patients with HF, and ablation for AF in patients with HF was associated with reduced frequency, length of stay, and readmissions without an increase in complication rates. ..
- Henricksen L, Umbricht C, Wold M. Recombinant replication protein A: expression, complex formation, and functional characterization. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:11121-32 pubmed..Recombinant human RPA binds single-stranded DNA and is capable of supporting SV40 DNA replication in vitro. In addition, recombinant RPA became phosphorylated when incubated under replication conditions. ..
- Nichols B, Sheffield V, Vandenburgh K, Drack A, Kimura A, Stone E. Butterfly-shaped pigment dystrophy of the fovea caused by a point mutation in codon 167 of the RDS gene. Nat Genet. 1993;3:202-7 pubmed..The mutation segregates with the disease phenotype (Zmax = 4, theta = 0) strongly suggesting that it causes the macular disease in this family. ..
- Lin J, Warren K, Wamboldt D, Wang T, Lin J. Tropomyosin isoforms in nonmuscle cells. Int Rev Cytol. 1997;170:1-38 pubmed..Strong evidence for the distinct functions carried out by different tropomyosin isoforms has been generated from genetic analysis of yeast and Drosophila tropomyosin mutants. ..
- Phillips B, Muller B. Severe neuromuscular complications possibly associated with amlodipine. Ann Pharmacother. 1998;32:1165-7 pubmed..To document a case of severe, progressive myopathy, myalgias, arthralgias, and weakness possibly caused by amlodipine in a patient with benign essential hypertension...
- Moy A, Winter M, Kamath A, Blackwell K, Reyes G, Giaever I, et al. Histamine alters endothelial barrier function at cell-cell and cell-matrix sites. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2000;278:L888-98 pubmed..Transmission electron microscopy confirmed tens of nanometer displacements between adjacent cells at a time point in which histamine maximally decreased cell-cell resistance...
- Zhou X, Weatherford E, Liu X, Born E, Keen H, Sigmund C. Dysregulated human renin expression in transgenic mice carrying truncated genomic constructs: evidence supporting the presence of insulators at the renin locus. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2008;295:F642-53 pubmed publisher..The study illustrates the value of taking a much wider genomic perspective when studying mechanisms regulating gene expression. ..
- Maeda Y, Sheffield A, Smith R. Therapeutic regulation of gene expression in the inner ear using RNA interference. Adv Otorhinolaryngol. 2009;66:13-36 pubmed publisher..Transduction efficiency with cationic liposomes is low and the effect is transient; with adeno-associated and lentiviral vectors, long-term transfection is possible using a small hairpin RNA expression cassette. ..
- Carter B, Rogers M, Daly J, Zheng S, James P. The potency of team-based care interventions for hypertension: a meta-analysis. Arch Intern Med. 2009;169:1748-55 pubmed publisher..Implementation of new hypertension guidelines should consider changes in health care organizational structure to include important components of team-based care. ..
- Anthony T, Anderson K. Computational fluid dynamics investigation of human aspiration in low-velocity air: orientation effects on mouth-breathing simulations. Ann Occup Hyg. 2013;57:740-57 pubmed publisher..Orientation-averaged simulation estimates of aspiration efficiency agree with the linear form of the proposed linear low-velocity inhalable convention through 100 µm, based on laboratory studies using human mannequins. ..
- Quesnel A, Nakajima H, Rosowski J, Hansen M, Gantz B, Nadol J. Delayed loss of hearing after hearing preservation cochlear implantation: Human temporal bone pathology and implications for etiology. Hear Res. 2016;333:225-234 pubmed publisher..Reduction of the inflammatory and immune response to cochlear implantation may lead to better long term hearing preservation post-implantation. ..
- Galask R, Weiner C, Petzold C. Comparison of single-dose cefmetazole and cefotetan prophylaxis in women undergoing primary caesarean section. J Antimicrob Chemother. 1989;23 Suppl D:105-8 pubmed..Both antibiotics were equally effective as agents for prophylaxis of post-Caesarean infections. Combined data suggest that routine multi-dose antibiotic prophylaxis regimens could be replaced by a single dose regimen. ..
- Van Voorhis B, Dawson J, Stovall D, Sparks A, Syrop C. The effects of smoking on ovarian function and fertility during assisted reproduction cycles. Obstet Gynecol. 1996;88:785-91 pubmed..Women should quit smoking before assisted reproduction cycles. ..
- Slepushkin V, Staber P, Wang G, McCray P, Davidson B. Infection of human airway epithelia with H1N1, H2N2, and H3N2 influenza A virus strains. Mol Ther. 2001;3:395-402 pubmed..These data are important to consider in the development of pseudotyped recombinant viral vectors for gene transfer to human airway epithelia for gene therapy. ..
- Thomas C, Zhou J, Liu K, Mick V, MacLaughlin E, Knowles M. Systemic pseudohypoaldosteronism from deletion of the promoter region of the human Beta epithelial na(+) channel subunit. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2002;27:314-9 pubmed..In summary, a homozygous mutation in the promoter region of betaENaC leads to PHAI, the first description of a mutation in the regulatory regions of an ENaC subunit leading to a clinical phenotype...
- Lee A, Van Gilder J, White M. Progressive visual loss because of a suprasellar pneumatocele after trans-sphenoidal resection of a pituitary adenoma. J Neuroophthalmol. 2003;23:142-4 pubmed..This case highlights the need for effective sphenoid sinus packing and for ophthalmic monitoring after trans-sphenoidal surgery. ..
- Kavanaugh J, Rogers P, Arnone A. Crystallographic evidence for a new ensemble of ligand-induced allosteric transitions in hemoglobin: the T-to-T(high) quaternary transitions. Biochemistry. 2005;44:6101-21 pubmed
- Williams J, Skirton H, Masny A. Ethics, policy, and educational issues in genetic testing. J Nurs Scholarsh. 2006;38:119-25 pubmed..Understanding of these issues is a component of genetic nursing competency that must be addressed at all levels of nursing education. ..
- Wiley K, Tormos J, QUINN D. A secondary isotope effect study of equine serum butyrylcholinesterase-catalyzed hydrolysis of acetylthiocholine. Chem Biol Interact. 2010;187:124-7 pubmed publisher..127 (2005) 14538-14539] that showed that substrate-activated hydrolysis of acetylthiocholine (ATCh), catalyzed by recombinant human butyrylcholinesterase, is also rate limited by decomposition of an accumulating tetrahedral intermediate...
- Osborn Heaford H, Ryan A, Murthy S, Racila A, He C, Sieren J, et al. Mitochondrial Rac1 GTPase import and electron transfer from cytochrome c are required for pulmonary fibrosis. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:3301-12 pubmed publisher..These observations demonstrate that mitochondrial import and direct electron transfer from cytochrome c to Rac1 modulates mitochondrial H(2)O(2) production in alveolar macrophages pulmonary fibrosis. ..
- Haller G, Alvarado D, McCall K, Yang P, Cruchaga C, Harms M, et al. A polygenic burden of rare variants across extracellular matrix genes among individuals with adolescent idiopathic scoliosis. Hum Mol Genet. 2016;25:202-9 pubmed publisher..Overall, our study reveals a complex genetic architecture of AIS in which a polygenic burden of rare variants across extracellular matrix genes contributes strongly to risk. ..
- Moignier A, Gelover E, Wang D, Smith B, Flynn R, Kirk M, et al. Theoretical Benefits of Dynamic Collimation in Pencil Beam Scanning Proton Therapy for Brain Tumors: Dosimetric and Radiobiological Metrics. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2016;95:171-80 pubmed publisher..A general improvement of the OAR sparing was also observed. The lateral penumbra reduction afforded by the DCS increases the normal tissue sparing capabilities of PBS PT for brain cancer treatment while preserving target coverage. ..
- Chan L, Chen Z, Braas D, Lee J, Xiao G, Geng H, et al. Metabolic gatekeeper function of B-lymphoid transcription factors. Nature. 2017;542:479-483 pubmed publisher..Thus, B-lymphoid transcription factors function as metabolic gatekeepers by limiting the amount of cellular ATP to levels that are insufficient for malignant transformation. ..
- Stockdale D, Titunick M, Biegler J, Reed J, Hartung A, Wiemer D, et al. Selective opioid growth factor receptor antagonists based on a stilbene isostere. Bioorg Med Chem. 2017;25:4464-4474 pubmed publisher..The compounds described here are the first selective small molecule ligands for the OGF/OGFR system and will serve as important leads and probes for further study. ..
- Warren J, Hand J, Yao J. First-molar caries experience among Taiwanese first-grade children. ASDC J Dent Child. 1997;64:425-8 pubmed..Results suggest that caries prevention and dental treatment programs should be developed or enhanced to reduce the caries problem among Taiwanese children, particularly those at high risk. ..
- Cvetkovic B, Yang B, Williamson R, Sigmund C. Appropriate tissue- and cell-specific expression of a single copy human angiotensinogen transgene specifically targeted upstream of the HPRT locus by homologous recombination. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:1073-8 pubmed..We establish the validity of this approach by showing that the hAGT(hprt) mice have normal tissue- and cell-specific expression of the human angiotensinogen gene and normally produce and process the hAGT protein at physiological levels. ..
- Lotery A, Namperumalsamy P, Jacobson S, Weleber R, Fishman G, Musarella M, et al. Mutation analysis of 3 genes in patients with Leber congenital amaurosis. Arch Ophthalmol. 2000;118:538-43 pubmed..As genotype data accumulate, clinical phenotypes associated with specific mutations will be established. This will facilitate the counseling of patients on their visual prognosis and the likelihood of associated systemic anomalies. ..
- Chun M, Buekers T, Sood A, Sorosky J. Postoperative wound infection with Pasteurella multocida from a pet cat. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2003;188:1115-6 pubmed..Further history revealed that her house cat had licked the wound. P multocida wound infection is a potential complication for people with dog or cat contact postoperatively. Penicillin G is the antibiotic of choice for treatment. ..
- Calarge C, Andreasen N, O LEARY D. Visualizing how one brain understands another: a PET study of theory of mind. Am J Psychiatry. 2003;160:1954-64 pubmed..The authors conducted a positron emission tomography (PET) study to examine the neural substrates of TOM, using a task that mimics real-life social interaction...
- Scott S, Chrischilles E, Link B, Delgado D, Fridman M, Stolshek B. Days of prophylactic filgrastim use to reduce febrile neutropenia in patients with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma treated with chemotherapy. J Manag Care Pharm. 2003;9:15-21 pubmed..8; 95% CI, 1.1-3.0). Primary prophylaxis with filgrastim (mainly Group 2) and secondary prophylaxis in Group 2 (mean 10.1 days) may be associated with a lower incidence of febrile neutropenia than secondary prophylaxis in Group 1. ..
- Amendola A. The role of osteotomy in the multiple ligament injured knee. Arthroscopy. 2003;19 Suppl 1:11-3 pubmed
- Katz L, Schultz R, Semina E, Torfs C, Krahn K, Murray J. Mutations in PITX2 may contribute to cases of omphalocele and VATER-like syndromes. Am J Med Genet A. 2004;130A:277-83 pubmed..We did not find any mutations in exon 5 of FLNA in 179 omphalocele cases studied. ..
- Li Q, Price J, Byers S, Cheng D, Peng J, Price D. Analysis of the large inactive P-TEFb complex indicates that it contains one 7SK molecule, a dimer of HEXIM1 or HEXIM2, and two P-TEFb molecules containing Cdk9 phosphorylated at threonine 186. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:28819-26 pubmed..HEXIM complex. A model illustrates what is currently known about how HEXIM proteins, 7SK, and P-TEFb assemble to maintain an activated kinase in a readily available, but inactive form. ..
- El Shanti H, Ferguson P. Chronic recurrent multifocal osteomyelitis: a concise review and genetic update. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2007;462:11-9 pubmed..We emphasize the need to validate diagnostic clinical criteria and develop new pathogenesis-based targeted therapy. ..
- Siochi R, Pennington E, Waldron T, Bayouth J. Radiation therapy plan checks in a paperless clinic. J Appl Clin Med Phys. 2009;10:2905 pubmed..The potential problems with the implementation and use of the EQS, as well as workarounds for data that are not easily accessible through electronic means, are described. ..
- Jorge R, Acion L, Moser D, Adams H, Robinson R. Escitalopram and enhancement of cognitive recovery following stroke. Arch Gen Psychiatry. 2010;67:187-96 pubmed publisher..The utility of antidepressants in the process of poststroke recovery should be further investigated. Trial Registration clinicaltrials.gov Identifier: NCT00071643. ..
- Schindler E, Nylen E, Ko A, Affatigato L, Heggen A, Wang K, et al. Deducing the pathogenic contribution of recessive ABCA4 alleles in an outbred population. Hum Mol Genet. 2010;19:3693-701 pubmed publisher..The findings of this study will facilitate the discovery of factors that modify ABCA4 disease and will also aid in the optimal selection of subjects for clinical trials of new therapies. ..
- Rao S, Go J. Update on the management of constipation in the elderly: new treatment options. Clin Interv Aging. 2010;5:163-71 pubmed..Biofeedback therapy is efficacious for treating dyssynergic defecation and fecal impaction with soiling. However, data on efficacy and safety of drugs in elderly are limited and urgently needed. ..
- Hayreh S, Podhajsky P, Zimmerman M. Natural history of visual outcome in central retinal vein occlusion. Ophthalmology. 2011;118:119-133.e1-2 pubmed publisher..A clear differentiation of CRVO into nonischemic and ischemic types, based primarily on functional criteria, is crucial and fundamental in determining visual outcome. Visual outcome is good in nonischemic CRVO and poor in ischemic CRVO. ..
- Krasowski M, Ai N, Hagey L, Kollitz E, Kullman S, Reschly E, et al. The evolution of farnesoid X, vitamin D, and pregnane X receptors: insights from the green-spotted pufferfish (Tetraodon nigriviridis) and other non-mammalian species. BMC Biochem. 2011;12:5 pubmed publisher..Our observations to date present an integrated picture of the co-evolution of bile salt structure and changes in the binding pockets of three nuclear hormone receptors across the species studied. ..
- Dobre M, Smoker W, Moritani T, Kirby P. Spontaneously ruptured intraspinal epidermoid cyst causing chemical meningitis. J Clin Neurosci. 2012;19:587-9 pubmed publisher..We report a 53-year-old woman with a rare ruptured lumbar intraspinal epidermoid cyst causing chemical meningitis evaluated with MRI (including diffusion-weighted imaging), with histopathologic correlation. ..
- Nonnenmann M, Coronado G, Thompson B, Griffith W, Hanson J, Vesper S, et al. Utilizing pyrosequencing and quantitative PCR to characterize fungal populations among house dust samples. J Environ Monit. 2012;14:2038-43 pubmed publisher..5% relative occurrence. Many of these fungi seem to be associated with plants, soil or human skin. Combining fTEFAP and QPCR can enhance studies of fungal contamination in homes. ..
- Erickson B, Voelzke B, Myers J, Brant W, Broghammer J, Smith T, et al. Practice patterns of recently fellowship-trained reconstructive urologists. Urology. 2012;80:934-7 pubmed publisher..With additional years in practice comes further specialization. ..
- Marek R, Thorne P, Wang K, DeWall J, Hornbuckle K. PCBs and OH-PCBs in serum from children and mothers in urban and rural U.S. communities. Environ Sci Technol. 2013;47:3353-61 pubmed publisher..This is the first temporally and methodologically consistent study to evaluate all 209 PCBs and major metabolites in two generations of people living in urban and rural areas of the United States. ..
- Stoltz D, Rokhlina T, Ernst S, Pezzulo A, Ostedgaard L, Karp P, et al. Intestinal CFTR expression alleviates meconium ileus in cystic fibrosis pigs. J Clin Invest. 2013;123:2685-93 pubmed publisher..This model may be of value for understanding CF pathophysiology and testing new preventions and therapies. ..
- Sutterwala F, Haasken S, CASSEL S. Mechanism of NLRP3 inflammasome activation. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2014;1319:82-95 pubmed publisher..This review highlights our current understanding of the mechanisms of both priming and activation of the NLRP3 inflammasome. ..
- Angioi A, Fervenza F, Sethi S, Zhang Y, Smith R, Murray D, et al. Diagnosis of complement alternative pathway disorders. Kidney Int. 2016;89:278-88 pubmed publisher..The identification of the underlying defect in the alternative pathway based on this comprehensive analysis will allow treatment to be directed to the site of dysregulation. ..
- Tuffs S, James D, Bestebroer J, Richards A, Goncheva M, O Shea M, et al. The Staphylococcus aureus superantigen SElX is a bifunctional toxin that inhibits neutrophil function. PLoS Pathog. 2017;13:e1006461 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we report the first example of a SAg, that can manipulate both the innate and adaptive arms of the human immune system during S. aureus pathogenesis. ..
- Novy R, Sellers J, Liu L, Lin J. In vitro functional characterization of bacterially expressed human fibroblast tropomyosin isoforms and their chimeric mutants. Cell Motil Cytoskeleton. 1993;26:248-61 pubmed..These results further suggested that different isoforms of tropomyosin might have finite differences in their specific functions (e.g., cytoskeletal vs. motile) inside the cell. ..
- Ray C. Sympathetic adaptations to one-legged training. J Appl Physiol (1985). 1999;86:1583-7 pubmed..These results demonstrate that exercise training prolongs the decrease in MSNA during upright leg exercise and indicates that attenuation of MSNA to exercise reported with forearm training also occurs with leg training...
- Swiderski R, Ying L, Cassell M, Alward W, Stone E, Sheffield V. Expression pattern and in situ localization of the mouse homologue of the human MYOC (GLC1A) gene in adult brain. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 1999;68:64-72 pubmed
- Scott D, Drury S, Sundstrom R, Bishop J, Swiderski R, Carmi R, et al. Refining the DFNB7-DFNB11 deafness locus using intragenic polymorphisms in a novel gene, TMEM2. Gene. 2000;246:265-74 pubmed..Northern blot analysis showed no difference in transcript size or expression level of Tmem2 in dn/dn and control mice. The intragenic polymorphisms in TMEM2 represent a novel centromeric boundary for the DFNB7-DFNB11 interval. ..
- Webster A, Heon E, Lotery A, Vandenburgh K, Casavant T, Oh K, et al. An analysis of allelic variation in the ABCA4 gene. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2001;42:1179-89 pubmed..To assess the allelic variation of the ATP-binding transporter protein (ABCA4)...
- Rokhlin O, Guseva N, Tagiyev A, Glover R, Cohen M. Caspase-8 activation is necessary but not sufficient for tumor necrosis factor-related apoptosis-inducing ligand (TRAIL)-mediated apoptosis in the prostatic carcinoma cell line LNCaP. Prostate. 2002;52:1-11 pubmed..These results suggest that caspase-8 activation is necessary but not sufficient for TRAIL-mediated apoptosis and is presumably blocked downstream of caspase-8 by the PI3K/Akt pathway. ..
- Lin J, Geng X, Bhattacharya S, Yu J, Reiter R, Sastri B, et al. Isolation and sequencing of a novel tropomyosin isoform preferentially associated with colon cancer. Gastroenterology. 2002;123:152-62 pubmed..We cloned and sequenced a novel hTM isoform, TC22, which is strongly associated with colonic neoplasia and carcinoma. TC22 may provide a useful biomarker for surveillance of colon cancer. ..
- Warren J, Slayton R, Yonezu T, Kanellis M, Levy S. Interdental spacing and caries in the primary dentition. Pediatr Dent. 2003;25:109-13 pubmed..Absence of interdental spaces is weakly associated with greater decay experience in the primary dentition. ..
- Eddy C, Flanigan M, Arnold M. Near-infrared spectroscopic measurement of urea in dialysate samples collected during hemodialysis treatments. Appl Spectrosc. 2003;57:1230-5 pubmed..5 mm and spectral noise levels on the order of 25 micro-absorbance units when measured as the root-mean-square (RMS) noise of 100% lines. ..
- Kahn D, Menda Y, Kernstine K, Bushnell D, McLaughlin K, Miller S, et al. The utility of 99mTc depreotide compared with F-18 fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography and surgical staging in patients with suspected non-small cell lung cancer. Chest. 2004;125:494-501 pubmed..The staging accuracy of FDG PET and (99m)Tc depreotide is similar, but when read with the chest CT neither scintigraphic examination is sufficiently accurate to stage patients with non-small cell lung cancer. ..
- Halabi C, Sigmund C. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma and its agonists in hypertension and atherosclerosis : mechanisms and clinical implications. Am J Cardiovasc Drugs. 2005;5:389-98 pubmed..Ongoing clinical trials using PPAR-gamma activators for the management of cardiovascular diseases, especially in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus, are summarized. ..
- Kaboli P, Hoth A, McClimon B, Schnipper J. Clinical pharmacists and inpatient medical care: a systematic review. Arch Intern Med. 2006;166:955-64 pubmed..Future studies should include multiple sites, larger sample sizes, reproducible interventions, and identification of patient-specific factors that lead to improved outcomes. ..
- Bishara S, Warren J, Broffitt B, Levy S. Changes in the prevalence of nonnutritive sucking patterns in the first 8 years of life. Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2006;130:31-6 pubmed..If there are interfering contacts of the deciduous canines, the parents should be instructed to reduce pacifier-sucking time, and appropriate treatment should be rendered, if required. ..
- Suzuki Y, Fujitsuka M, Chaloupka J. Evaluation of Merci Retriever by experimental modeling. Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo). 2006;46:476-84; discussion 484 pubmed..The Merci Retriever does not always retain the embolism, and the helix tends to distort in acute or rough lumen. Aspiration is not always successful. ..
- Askeland R, McGrane S, Levitt J, Dane S, Greene D, Vandeberg J, et al. Improving transfusion safety: implementation of a comprehensive computerized bar code-based tracking system for detecting and preventing errors. Transfusion. 2008;48:1308-17 pubmed publisher..The bar code-based computerized tracking system detected and prevented identification and matching errors, thereby reducing the proportion of blood samples rejected and increasing patient safety. ..
- Frey Law L, Evans S, Knudtson J, Nus S, Scholl K, Sluka K. Massage reduces pain perception and hyperalgesia in experimental muscle pain: a randomized, controlled trial. J Pain. 2008;9:714-21 pubmed publisher..Thus, potential analgesia may depend on the pain assessment used. This information may assist clinicians in determining conservative treatment options for patients with myalgia. ..
- Comellas A, Briva A. Role of endothelin-1 in acute lung injury. Transl Res. 2009;153:263-71 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, this review highlights the therapeutic role of drugs such as beta-adrenergic agonists and, in particular, of endothelin receptor antagonists in patients with ALI. ..
- Xuei X, Flury Wetherill L, Dick D, Goate A, Tischfield J, Nurnberger J, et al. GABRR1 and GABRR2, encoding the GABA-A receptor subunits rho1 and rho2, are associated with alcohol dependence. Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet. 2010;153B:418-427 pubmed publisher..04), and a haplotype in GABRR2 was significantly overtransmitted to family members who met a broader definition of alcoholism (P = 0.002) as well as DSM-IV dependence (P = 0.04). ..
- Keppler Noreuil K, Wenzel T. Binder phenotype: associated findings and etiologic mechanisms. J Craniofac Surg. 2010;21:1339-45 pubmed publisher..Clinical characterization of BP, as in these cases, may allow further understanding of other causative developmental mechanisms. ..
- Polgreen P, Hlady C, Severson M, Segre A, Herman T. Method for automated monitoring of hand hygiene adherence without radio-frequency identification. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2010;31:1294-7 pubmed publisher..We have developed a method for automatically tracking the use of hand hygiene dispensers before healthcare workers enter (or after they exit) patient rooms that is easily and quickly deployed without permanent hardware. ..
- Buss A, Spencer J. When seeing is knowing: the role of visual cues in the dissociation between children's rule knowledge and rule use. J Exp Child Psychol. 2012;111:561-9 pubmed publisher..This suggests that there might not be a dissociation between children's rule knowledge and rule use in the DCCS. ..
- ..This chapter provides an overview of tau structure, functions, and its involvement in neurodegenerative diseases...
- Robinson J, Rosenson R, Farnier M, Chaudhari U, Sasiela W, Merlet L, et al. Safety of Very Low Low-Density Lipoprotein Cholesterol Levels With Alirocumab: Pooled Data From Randomized Trials. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017;69:471-482 pubmed publisher..Pooled analyses of already reported trials; NCT01288443, NCT01288469, NCT01266876, NCT01812707, NCT01507831, NCT01617655, NCT01623115, NCT01709500, NCT01644175, NCT01644188, NCT01730040, NCT01730053, NCT01644474, and NCT01709513). ..
- Hayes M, Bodle C, Roman D. Evaluation of the Selectivity and Cysteine Dependence of Inhibitors across the Regulator of G Protein-Signaling Family. Mol Pharmacol. 2018;93:25-35 pubmed publisher..This work defines the selectivity of commercially available RGS inhibitors and provides insight into the RGS family members for which drug discovery efforts may be most likely to succeed. ..
- Densen P, McRill C. Differential functional expression of the C8 subunits. Primary role of C8 beta in assembly of intact C8. J Immunol. 1988;141:2674-9 pubmed..Thus the availability of C8 beta determines the quantity of C8 produced. Further, these data suggest the possibility that the C8 structural genes may be differentially expressed despite their close genetic linkage. ..
- Jia H, Mills J, Barahmand Pour F, Nishimura D, Mallampali R, Wang G, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of rat genes encoding homologues of human beta-defensins. Infect Immun. 1999;67:4827-33 pubmed..In conclusion, we characterized two novel beta-defensin homologues in the rat. The rat may be a useful model to investigate the function and contribution of beta-defensins to host defense in the lung, kidney, and other tissues. ..
- Wefel J, Stanford C, Ament D, Hogan M, Harless J, Pfarrer A, et al. In situ evaluation of sodium hexametaphosphate-containing dentifrices. Caries Res. 2002;36:122-8 pubmed..In addition, the experimental SnF(2) product was numerically better than both the NaF and placebo controls at preventing demineralization of sound root surfaces...
- Bewyer D, Bewyer K. Rationale for treatment of hip abductor pain syndrome. Iowa Orthop J. 2003;23:57-60 pubmed..This paper describes hip abductor pain syndrome and provides a rationale for the diagnosis and treatment. ..