Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Iowa City, Iowa, United States
Locale: Iowa City, Iowa, United States
Publications864 found, 100 shown here
- Singh M, Zimmerman M, Beltz T, Johnson A. Affect-related behaviors in mice misexpressing the RNA editing enzyme ADAR2. Physiol Behav. 2009;97:446-54 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the results suggest that ADAR2 transgenic mice represent a novel rodent model of endogenous behavioral despair and anxiety accompanied by elevated hypothalamo-pituitary adrenal axis activity. ..
- Wakisaka Y, Chu Y, Miller J, Rosenberg G, Heistad D. Spontaneous intracerebral hemorrhage during acute and chronic hypertension in mice. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2010;30:56-69 pubmed publisher..We speculate that acute hypertension, especially when induced by AngII, may be critical in spontaneous ICH during chronic hypertension, possibly through oxidative stress and MMP-9. ..
- Kraus Z, Nakano H, Bishop G. TRAF5 is a critical mediator of in vitro signals and in vivo functions of LMP1, the viral oncogenic mimic of CD40. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:17140-5 pubmed publisher..This is the first report showing a major requirement for TRAF5 in signaling by a specific receptor both in vitro and in vivo, as well as playing an important role in biological function in B lymphocytes. ..
- Boudreau R, Davidson B. RNAi therapeutics for CNS disorders. Brain Res. 2010;1338:112-21 pubmed publisher..We review RNAi-based gene-silencing strategies, proof-of-concept studies testing therapeutic RNAi for CNS disorders, and highlight the most recent research aimed at transitioning RNAi-based therapeutics toward clinical trials. ..
- Coppey L, Davidson E, Lu B, Gerard C, Yorek M. Vasopeptidase inhibitor ilepatril (AVE7688) prevents obesity- and diabetes-induced neuropathy in C57Bl/6J mice. Neuropharmacology. 2011;60:259-66 pubmed publisher..IENF profiles were not decreased in diabetic or DIO NEP (-/-) mice. These studies suggest that NEP plays a role in regulating nerve function in insulin-deficient diabetes and DIO. ..
- Peters A, Bishop G. Differential TRAF3 utilization by a variant human CD40 receptor with enhanced signaling. J Immunol. 2010;185:6555-62 pubmed publisher..Although located outside of any known TRAF binding sites, the P227A polymorphism can alter TRAF binding and dramatically changes the role played by TRAF3 in CD40 signaling. ..
- Raikwar S, Zavazava N. Spontaneous in vivo differentiation of embryonic stem cell-derived pancreatic endoderm-like cells corrects hyperglycemia in diabetic mice. Transplantation. 2011;91:11-20 pubmed..Here, we investigated whether embryonic stem (ES) cells can be exploited for the derivation of IPCs, and whether their transplantation can correct hyperglycemia in diabetic mice...
- Swaminathan P, Purohit A, Soni S, Voigt N, Singh M, Glukhov A, et al. Oxidized CaMKII causes cardiac sinus node dysfunction in mice. J Clin Invest. 2011;121:3277-88 pubmed publisher..These data provide novel molecular and mechanistic information to understand SND and suggest that targeted CaMKII inhibition may be useful for preventing SND in high-risk patients. ..
- Ye D, Lin F. S1pr2/G?13 signaling controls myocardial migration by regulating endoderm convergence. Development. 2013;140:789-99 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate for the first time that the G?(13)/RhoGEF-dependent pathway functions downstream of S1pr2 to regulate convergent movement of the endoderm, an event that is crucial for coordinating myocardial migration. ..
- Wang L, Muthu P, Szczesna Cordary D, Kawai M. Characterizations of myosin essential light chain's N-terminal truncation mutant ?43 in transgenic mouse papillary muscles by using tension transients in response to sinusoidal length alterations. J Muscle Res Cell Motil. 2013;34:93-105 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate the importance of the N-terminal extension of ELC in maintaining the myosin motor function during force generation and optimal cardiac performance...
- McPherson P, Campbell K. The ryanodine receptor/Ca2+ release channel. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:13765-8 pubmed
- Hendricks Taylor L, Motto D, Zhang J, Siraganian R, Koretzky G. SLP-76 is a substrate of the high affinity IgE receptor-stimulated protein tyrosine kinases in rat basophilic leukemia cells. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:1363-7 pubmed
- Kelley E, Buettner G, Burns C. Production of lipid-derived free radicals in L1210 murine leukemia cells is an early oxidative event in the photodynamic action of Photofrin. Photochem Photobiol. 1997;65:576-80 pubmed
- Mora S, Durham P, Smith J, Russo A, Jeromin A, Pessin J. NCS-1 inhibits insulin-stimulated GLUT4 translocation in 3T3L1 adipocytes through a phosphatidylinositol 4-kinase-dependent pathway. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:27494-500 pubmed..These data demonstrate that PI 4-kinase functions to negatively regulate GLUT4 translocation through its interaction with NCS-1. ..
- Pewe L, Haring J, Perlman S. CD4 T-cell-mediated demyelination is increased in the absence of gamma interferon in mice infected with mouse hepatitis virus. J Virol. 2002;76:7329-33 pubmed..In this report, we show, in contrast, that demyelination and lymphocyte infiltration were increased in recipients of IFN-gamma(-/-) CD4 T cells when compared to levels in mice receiving C57BL/6 CD4 T cells...
- Radhakrishnan R, King E, Dickman J, Herold C, Johnston N, Spurgin M, et al. Spinal 5-HT(2) and 5-HT(3) receptors mediate low, but not high, frequency TENS-induced antihyperalgesia in rats. Pain. 2003;105:205-13 pubmed..Furthermore, spinal noradrenergic receptors are not involved in either low or high frequency TENS antihyperalgesia. ..
- Wen K, Rubenstein P. Acceleration of yeast actin polymerization by yeast Arp2/3 complex does not require an Arp2/3-activating protein. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:24168-74 pubmed..Thus, yeast F-actin can serve as a primary yArp2/3-activating factor, indicating that a newly formed yeast actin filament has a topology, unlike that of muscle actin, that is recognized specifically by yArp2/3. ..
- Abrera Abeleda M, Xu Y, Pickering M, Smith R, Sethi S. Mesangial immune complex glomerulonephritis due to complement factor D deficiency. Kidney Int. 2007;71:1142-7 pubmed..Our studies show that the complement factor D gene knockout mice are a novel model of spontaneous mesangial immune complex glomerulonephritis. ..
- Gourronc F, Ahmad N, Nedza N, Eggleston T, Rebagliati M. Nodal activity around Kupffer's vesicle depends on the T-box transcription factors Notail and Spadetail and on Notch signaling. Dev Dyn. 2007;236:2131-46 pubmed..This region also contains motifs for CSL/RBP-J/Su(H). Consistent with this, we find charon expression is strongly Notch-dependent whereas perinodal southpaw expression is not. ..
- Miakotina O, McCoy D, Shi L, Look D, Mallampalli R. Human adenovirus modulates surfactant phospholipid trafficking. Traffic. 2007;8:1765-77 pubmed..The results support a novel pathway, whereby a viral pathogen disrupts surfactant trafficking...
- Gaur U, Showalter M, Hickerson S, Dalvi R, Turco S, Wilson M, et al. Leishmania donovani lacking the Golgi GDP-Man transporter LPG2 exhibit attenuated virulence in mammalian hosts. Exp Parasitol. 2009;122:182-91 pubmed publisher..We conclude that phosphoglycan assembly and expression mediated by L. donovani LPG2 are important for promastigote and amastigote virulence, unlike L. mexicana but similar to L. major. ..
- Xu J, Brennan T. Comparison of skin incision vs. skin plus deep tissue incision on ongoing pain and spontaneous activity in dorsal horn neurons. Pain. 2009;144:329-39 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that incised deep tissue rather than skin is critical for the development of guarding pain and increased SA of DHNs. Skin incision alone is sufficient for primary mechanical and heat hyperalgesia. ..
- Wiley K, Tormos J, QUINN D. A secondary isotope effect study of equine serum butyrylcholinesterase-catalyzed hydrolysis of acetylthiocholine. Chem Biol Interact. 2010;187:124-7 pubmed publisher..127 (2005) 14538-14539] that showed that substrate-activated hydrolysis of acetylthiocholine (ATCh), catalyzed by recombinant human butyrylcholinesterase, is also rate limited by decomposition of an accumulating tetrahedral intermediate...
- Murthy S, Ryan A, He C, Mallampalli R, Carter A. Rac1-mediated mitochondrial H2O2 generation regulates MMP-9 gene expression in macrophages via inhibition of SP-1 and AP-1. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:25062-73 pubmed publisher..Rac1 regulates MMP-9 transcription via mitochondrial H(2)O(2) generation, providing a potential mechanism by which Rac1 null mice fail to develop pulmonary fibrosis. ..
- Lu Y, Zha X, Kim E, Schachtele S, Dailey M, Hall D, et al. A kinase anchor protein 150 (AKAP150)-associated protein kinase A limits dendritic spine density. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:26496-506 pubmed publisher..However, synaptic transmission and spine density was normal at 8 weeks in KO and D36 mice. Thus AKAP150-independent mechanisms correct the aberrantly high number of active spines in juvenile AKAP150 KO and D36 mice during development. ..
- Piper R, Lehner P. Endosomal transport via ubiquitination. Trends Cell Biol. 2011;21:647-55 pubmed publisher..Here, we highlight recent insights and the challenges that remain. ..
- Breen S, Andric N, Ping T, Xie F, Offermans S, Gossen J, et al. Ovulation involves the luteinizing hormone-dependent activation of G(q/11) in granulosa cells. Mol Endocrinol. 2013;27:1483-91 pubmed publisher..This is the first conclusive evidence for the physiological importance of the activation of Gq/11 by the LHR and for the involvement of G?q/11 in ovulation. ..
- Starbeck Miller G, Xue H, Harty J. IL-12 and type I interferon prolong the division of activated CD8 T cells by maintaining high-affinity IL-2 signaling in vivo. J Exp Med. 2014;211:105-20 pubmed publisher..Thus, signal 3 cytokines use a common pathway to optimize effector CD8 T cell accumulation through a temporally orchestrated sequence of cytokine signals that sustain division rather than survival. ..
- Shan Q, Zeng Z, Xing S, Li F, Hartwig S, Gullicksrud J, et al. The transcription factor Runx3 guards cytotoxic CD8+ effector T cells against deviation towards follicular helper T cell lineage. Nat Immunol. 2017;18:931-939 pubmed publisher..As such, Runx3-mediated Tcf7 repression coordinately enforced acquisition of cytotoxic functions and protected the cytotoxic lineage integrity by preventing TFH-lineage deviation. ..
- Muenster S, Lieb W, Fabry G, Allen K, Kamat S, Guy A, et al. The Ability of Nitric Oxide to Lower Intraocular Pressure Is Dependent on Guanylyl Cyclase. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2017;58:4826-4835 pubmed publisher..NO activates the enzyme guanylyl cyclase (GC) to produce cyclic guanosine monophosphate. We studied the ocular effects of inhaled and topically applied NO gas in mice and lambs, respectively...
- Suzuki H, Padanilam B, Vitale E, Ramirez F, Solursh M. Repeating developmental expression of G-Hox 7, a novel homeobox-containing gene in the chicken. Dev Biol. 1991;148:375-88 pubmed..This widespread and recurrent expression of the transcript suggests that the gene may play an essential role at multiple sites during the initiation of new developmental pathways. ..
- Feddersen R, Van Ness B. Corrective recombination of mouse immunoglobulin kappa alleles in Abelson murine leukemia virus-transformed pre-B cells. Mol Cell Biol. 1990;10:569-76 pubmed..Both deletion and maintenance of the primary (nonfunctional) V-J join, as a reciprocal product, were observed...
- Zaheer A, Lim R. Protein kinase A (PKA)- and protein kinase C-phosphorylated glia maturation factor promotes the catalytic activity of PKA. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:5183-6 pubmed..The generation of various phospho-isoforms of GMF may explain its modulation of signal transduction at multiple locations. ..
- Rockland K. Convergence and branching patterns of round, type 2 corticopulvinar axons. J Comp Neurol. 1998;390:515-36 pubmed..They also emphasize that the idea of corticopulvinocortical "feedback loops," although convenient as a shorthand nomenclature, does not adequately convey the full complexity of the system. ..
- Sinn P, Sigmund C. Identification of three human renin mRNA isoforms from alternative tissue-specific transcriptional initiation. Physiol Genomics. 2000;3:25-31 pubmed..Moreover, the subtle differences in tissue-specific transcriptional initiation observed in the renin gene of rats and humans can be faithfully and accurately emulated in a transgenic model...
- Rubinstein J, Miller C, Mino H, Abbas P. Analysis of monophasic and biphasic electrical stimulation of nerve. IEEE Trans Biomed Eng. 2001;48:1065-70 pubmed
- Isomura H, Stinski M. The human cytomegalovirus major immediate-early enhancer determines the efficiency of immediate-early gene transcription and viral replication in permissive cells at low multiplicity of infection. J Virol. 2003;77:3602-14 pubmed..Possible functions of the human CMV enhancer and promoter at a low MOI are discussed. ..
- Talman W, Dragon D. Transmission of arterial baroreflex signals depends on neuronal nitric oxide synthase. Hypertension. 2004;43:820-4 pubmed..These data support the hypothesis and suggest that neuronal nitric oxide synthase is critical to transmission of baroreflex signals through the nucleus tractus solitarii. ..
- Fang X, Hu S, Watanabe T, Weintraub N, Snyder G, Yao J, et al. Activation of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha by substituted urea-derived soluble epoxide hydrolase inhibitors. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2005;314:260-70 pubmed..Further development of these compounds could lead to a class of agents with hypotensive and lipid-lowering properties that may be valuable for the prevention and treatment of cardiovascular disease. ..
- Zhang Z, Kang Y, Yu Y, Wei S, Schmidt T, Johnson A, et al. 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 2 activity in hypothalamic paraventricular nucleus modulates sympathetic excitation. Hypertension. 2006;48:127-33 pubmed..These findings suggest that MR in PVN contribute to sympathetic regulation and may be activated by aldosterone or corticosterone (or cortisol in humans) depending on the state of 11beta-HSD-2 activity. ..
- Castilow E, Olson M, Varga S. Understanding respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) vaccine-enhanced disease. Immunol Res. 2007;39:225-39 pubmed..Information gained from the animal models will provide important information and novel approaches for the rational design of a safe and efficacious RSV vaccine. ..
- Nakano Y, Longo Guess C, Bergstrom D, Nauseef W, Jones S, Banfi B. Mutation of the Cyba gene encoding p22phox causes vestibular and immune defects in mice. J Clin Invest. 2008;118:1176-85 pubmed publisher..The site of p22(phox) expression in the inner ear leads us to propose what we believe to be a novel mechanism for the control of vestibular organogenesis. ..
- Haring J, Harty J. Interleukin-18-related genes are induced during the contraction phase but do not play major roles in regulating the dynamics or function of the T-cell response to Listeria monocytogenes infection. Infect Immun. 2009;77:1894-903 pubmed publisher..monocytogenes infection. ..
- Bianco R, Agassandian K, Cassell M, Spector A, Sigmund C. Characterization of transgenic mice with neuron-specific expression of soluble epoxide hydrolase. Brain Res. 2009;1291:60-72 pubmed publisher..Despite a 3-fold increase in sEH activity in the brain, there was no change in arterial pressure. This data provides new information required for studying the central roles of the cytochrome P450 epoxygenase pathway. ..
- Zhao J, Zhao J, Van Rooijen N, Perlman S. Evasion by stealth: inefficient immune activation underlies poor T cell response and severe disease in SARS-CoV-infected mice. PLoS Pathog. 2009;5:e1000636 pubmed publisher..These results may be relevant for SARS in humans, which is also characterized by prolonged virus persistence and delayed development of a SARS-CoV-specific immune response in individuals with severe disease. ..
- Apicella M, Post D, Fowler A, Jones B, Rasmussen J, Hunt J, et al. Identification, characterization and immunogenicity of an O-antigen capsular polysaccharide of Francisella tularensis. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e11060 pubmed publisher..tularensis LVS. Active immunization of BALB/c mice with 10 microg of capsule showed a similar level of protection. These studies demonstrate that F. tularensis produces an O-antigen capsule that may be the basis of a future vaccine...
- Wen H, Kim N, Fuentes E, Mallinger A, Gonzalez Alegre P, Glenn K. FBG1 is a promiscuous ubiquitin ligase that sequesters APC2 and causes S-phase arrest. Cell Cycle. 2010;9:4506-17 pubmed..In summary, we have discovered a novel APC2 inhibitory activity of FBG1 independent from its function as ubiquitin ligase, providing the basis for future studies of FBG1 in aging and cancer. ..
- Baumhover N, Martin M, Parameswarappa S, Kloepping K, O DORISIO M, Pigge F, et al. Improved synthesis and biological evaluation of chelator-modified ?-MSH analogs prepared by copper-free click chemistry. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2011;21:5757-61 pubmed publisher..The resulting bioconjugates bind with high affinity and specificity to their cell-surface receptor targets in vitro and appear stable to degradation in mouse serum over 3h of incubation at 37°C. ..
- Plapp B, Ramaswamy S. Atomic-resolution structures of horse liver alcohol dehydrogenase with NAD(+) and fluoroalcohols define strained Michaelis complexes. Biochemistry. 2012;51:4035-48 pubmed publisher..It appears that the nicotinamide ring is strained toward the transition state on the path to alcohol oxidation...
- Khan M, Motto D, Lentz S, Chauhan A. ADAMTS13 reduces VWF-mediated acute inflammation following focal cerebral ischemia in mice. J Thromb Haemost. 2012;10:1665-71 pubmed publisher..These findings provide new evidence for ADAMTS13 in reducing VWF-mediated acute cerebral inflammation following ischemic stroke. ..
- Hovey L, Fowler C, Mahling R, Lin Z, Miller M, Marx D, et al. Calcium triggers reversal of calmodulin on nested anti-parallel sites in the IQ motif of the neuronal voltage-dependent sodium channel NaV1.2. Biophys Chem. 2017;224:1-19 pubmed publisher..2 residues or auxiliary regulatory proteins interacting in the vicinity of the IQ motif. ..
- McPherson P, Campbell K. Solubilization and biochemical characterization of the high affinity [3H]ryanodine receptor from rabbit brain membranes. J Biol Chem. 1990;265:18454-60 pubmed
- Muradov H, Boyd K, Haeri M, Kerov V, Knox B, Artemyev N. Characterization of human cone phosphodiesterase-6 ectopically expressed in Xenopus laevis rods. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:32662-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, transgenic Xenopus laevis is a unique expression system for PDE6 well suited for analysis of the mechanisms of visual diseases linked to PDE6 mutations. ..
- Wang Y, Rubenstein P. Splicing of two alternative exon pairs in beta-tropomyosin pre-mRNA is independently controlled during myogenesis. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:12004-10 pubmed..Furthermore, during myogenesis, there is a sequential switch in the internal alternative exon, the terminal exon, and the poly(A) site from the nonmuscle to the muscle type. ..
- Ohlendieck K, Campbell K. Dystrophin-associated proteins are greatly reduced in skeletal muscle from mdx mice. J Cell Biol. 1991;115:1685-94 pubmed
- Bhattacharya A, Shepard A, Moser D, Holland L. Isolation and characterization of cDNA clones for the gamma subunit of Xenopus fibrinogen, the product of a coordinately regulated gene family. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 1990;72:213-20 pubmed..The gamma cDNA clone was used to measure gamma mRNA in purified Xenopus liver cells treated with glucocorticoids in primary culture.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Baker M, Olson M, Wang Y, Ronnenberg W, Johnson J, Brady A. Isoflurane-chlorodifluoroethene interaction in human liver microsomes. Role of cytochrome P4502B6 in potentiation of haloethene metabolism. Drug Metab Dispos. 1995;23:60-4 pubmed..Isoflurane highly increased CDE defluorination in purified rat CYP2B1 (470%).(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Hubel K, Russ L. Mechanisms of the secretory response to luminal propionate in rat descending colon in vitro. J Auton Nerv Syst. 1993;43:219-29 pubmed..We hypothesize that NaP stimulates the superficial epithelium to release an unidentified agonist that depolarizes predominantly cholinergic nerve terminals and causes colonic secretion. ..
- Longo C, Tyler D, Mallampalli R. Sphingomyelin metabolism is developmentally regulated in rat lung. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 1997;16:605-12 pubmed..These observations also suggest a regulatory role for serine palmitoyltransferase in the generation of long chain sphingoid bases. ..
- Yoshiura K, Leysens N, Reiter R, Murray J. Cloning, characterization, and mapping of the mouse homeobox gene Hmx1. Genomics. 1998;50:61-8 pubmed..Hmx1 may play an important role in the development of craniofacial structures and may interact with Hoxa-2 and Dlx-2 in the second branchial arch. ..
- Clements J, Yang B, Ross Barta S, Eliason S, Hrstka R, Williamson R, et al. Requirement for the leukocyte-specific adapter protein SLP-76 for normal T cell development. Science. 1998;281:416-9 pubmed..Thus, the SLP-76 adapter protein is required for normal thymocyte development and plays a crucial role in translating signals mediated by pre-T cell receptors into distal biochemical events. ..
- Kopp U, Farley D, Cicha M, Smith L. Activation of renal mechanosensitive neurons involves bradykinin, protein kinase C, PGE(2), and substance P. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2000;278:R937-46 pubmed..We conclude that bradykinin contributes to the activation of renal pelvic mechanosensitive neurons by activating PKC. PKC increases ARNA via a PGE(2)-induced release of substance P...
- Dayal S, Bottiglieri T, Arning E, Maeda N, Malinow M, Sigmund C, et al. Endothelial dysfunction and elevation of S-adenosylhomocysteine in cystathionine beta-synthase-deficient mice. Circ Res. 2001;88:1203-9 pubmed..Endothelial dysfunction in CBS(+/-) mice was associated with increased tissue levels of SAH, which suggests that altered SAM-dependent methylation may contribute to vascular dysfunction in hyperhomocysteinemia. ..
- Sharma Y, Cheung U, Larsen E, Eberl D. PPTGAL, a convenient Gal4 P-element vector for testing expression of enhancer fragments in drosophila. Genesis. 2002;34:115-8 pubmed
- Henry M, Nimbalkar D, Hohl R, Quelle F. Cytokine-induced phosphoinositide 3-kinase activity promotes Cdk2 activation in factor-dependent hematopoietic cells. Exp Cell Res. 2004;299:257-66 pubmed..Together, these observations identify a mechanism through which cytokine-activated PI3K contributes to G1 to S phase progression in factor-dependent hematopoietic cells by enhancing the phosphorylation and activation of Cdk2. ..
- Galet C, Ascoli M. The differential binding affinities of the luteinizing hormone (LH)/choriogonadotropin receptor for LH and choriogonadotropin are dictated by different extracellular domain residues. Mol Endocrinol. 2005;19:1263-76 pubmed..This finding has to be considered in future models of the interaction of LH/CG with the LHR. ..
- Dang K, Bielefeldt K, Gebhart G. Differential responses of bladder lumbosacral and thoracolumbar dorsal root ganglion neurons to purinergic agonists, protons, and capsaicin. J Neurosci. 2005;25:3973-84 pubmed
- Lund D, Brooks R, Faraci F, Heistad D. Role of angiotensin II in endothelial dysfunction induced by lipopolysaccharide in mice. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2007;293:H3726-31 pubmed..The findings suggest that activation of the renin-angiotensin system contributes importantly to oxidative stress and endothelial dysfunction after endotoxin. ..
- Petushkov A, Intra J, Graham J, Larsen S, Salem A. Effect of crystal size and surface functionalization on the cytotoxicity of silicalite-1 nanoparticles. Chem Res Toxicol. 2009;22:1359-68 pubmed publisher..Carboxy-functionalized 500 nm silicalite nanoparticles resulted in apoptosis and necrosis in RAW264.7 cells and predominantly activated apoptosis in HEK293 cells. ..
- Van Otterloo E, Li W, Bonde G, Day K, Hsu M, Cornell R. Differentiation of zebrafish melanophores depends on transcription factors AP2 alpha and AP2 epsilon. PLoS Genet. 2010;6:e1001122 pubmed publisher..This work illustrates how analysis of single-gene mutants may fail to identify steps in a GRN that are affected by the redundant activity of related proteins. ..
- Xue B, Beltz T, Yu Y, Guo F, Gomez Sanchez C, Hay M, et al. Central interactions of aldosterone and angiotensin II in aldosterone- and angiotensin II-induced hypertension. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2011;300:H555-64 pubmed publisher..The pressor effects produced by systemic ANG II or Aldo involve increased central ROS and sympathetic outflow...
- Chang E, Pezzulo A, Meyerholz D, Potash A, Wallen T, Reznikov L, et al. Sinus hypoplasia precedes sinus infection in a porcine model of cystic fibrosis. Laryngoscope. 2012;122:1898-905 pubmed publisher..Our objective was to study the early pathogenesis of sinus disease in CF...
- Peng W, Dunton C, Holtz D, Parva M, Stampler K, Forwood M, et al. DNA nanotherapy for pre-neoplastic cervical lesions. Gynecol Oncol. 2013;128:101-106 pubmed publisher..Topical application of a Lutrol F127 thermal gel/nanoparticle mix is illustrative of how to restrict exposure of cells to therapeutic nanoparticles, thereby allowing for targeted DNA delivery to cervical pre-cancerous lesions. ..
- Maiers J, Peng X, Fanning A, DeMali K. ZO-1 recruitment to ?-catenin--a novel mechanism for coupling the assembly of tight junctions to adherens junctions. J Cell Sci. 2013;126:3904-15 pubmed publisher..Thus, our study identifies ?-catenin binding to ZO-1 as a new mechanism for coupling the assembly of the epithelial barrier to cell-to-cell adhesion...
- Huynh Q, Butters C, Leiden J, Tobacman L. Effects of cardiac thin filament Ca2+: statistical mechanical analysis of a troponin C site II mutant. Biophys J. 1996;70:1447-55 pubmed..However, these indirect TnC-TnC interactions are weak, indicating that the cooperativity of muscle activation by Ca2+ requires other sources of cooperativity. ..
- Kawai M, Kawaguchi K, Saito M, Ishiwata S. Temperature change does not affect force between single actin filaments and HMM from rabbit muscles. Biophys J. 2000;78:3112-9 pubmed..These results indicate that the amount of force each cross-bridge generates is fixed, and it does not change with temperature. We found that the above generalization was not modified in the presence of 1 mM MgADP or 8 mM phosphate. ..
- Rockland K, Knutson T. Feedback connections from area MT of the squirrel monkey to areas V1 and V2. J Comp Neurol. 2000;425:345-68 pubmed..For V1 and MT, there may be directly reciprocal loops between feedforward and feedback projecting neurons, but this is less likely to be so for V2 and MT. ..
- Snyder P, Olson D, Thomas B. Serum and glucocorticoid-regulated kinase modulates Nedd4-2-mediated inhibition of the epithelial Na+ channel. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:5-8 pubmed..These data suggest that SGK regulates epithelial Na+ absorption in part by modulating the function of hNedd4-2. ..
- Lotery A, Derksen T, Russell S, Mullins R, Sauter S, Affatigato L, et al. Gene transfer to the nonhuman primate retina with recombinant feline immunodeficiency virus vectors. Hum Gene Ther. 2002;13:689-96 pubmed..rFIV vectors have therapeutic potential and could be exploited to develop gene therapy for the human eye. ..
- Gebhart G, Bielefeldt K, Ozaki N. Gastric hyperalgesia and changes in voltage gated sodium channel function in the rat. Gut. 2002;51 Suppl 1:i15-8 pubmed..A direct link between alteration in behaviour and potential mechanisms of increased excitability of the gastric afferent innervation was found. ..
- Luke J, Van De Wetering C, Knudson C. Lymphoma development in Bax transgenic mice is inhibited by Bcl-2 and associated with chromosomal instability. Cell Death Differ. 2003;10:740-8 pubmed
- Lewis A, Ough M, Li L, Hinkhouse M, Ritchie J, Spitz D, et al. Treatment of pancreatic cancer cells with dicumarol induces cytotoxicity and oxidative stress. Clin Cancer Res. 2004;10:4550-8 pubmed..Inhibition of NQO(1) with dicumarol induces cell killing and oxidative stress in pancreatic cancer cells and speculate that dicumarol may prove to be useful in pancreatic cancer therapeutics. ..
- Todi S, Franke J, Kiehart D, Eberl D. Myosin VIIA defects, which underlie the Usher 1B syndrome in humans, lead to deafness in Drosophila. Curr Biol. 2005;15:862-8 pubmed
- Kawai M, Ishiwata S. Use of thin filament reconstituted muscle fibres to probe the mechanism of force generation. J Muscle Res Cell Motil. 2006;27:455-68 pubmed
- Cook R, Schlueter A, Coleman R, Tygrett L, Ballas Z, Jerrells T, et al. Thymocytes, pre-B cells, and organ changes in a mouse model of chronic ethanol ingestion--absence of subset-specific glucocorticoid-induced immune cell loss. Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 2007;31:1746-58 pubmed..Overall, the method is useful for a wide range of studies requiring a chronic low-stress method of ethanol administration. ..
- Zaheer A, Knight S, Zaheer A, Ahrens M, Sahu S, Yang B. Glia maturation factor overexpression in neuroblastoma cells activates glycogen synthase kinase-3beta and caspase-3. Brain Res. 2008;1190:206-14 pubmed
- Beyer A, de Lange W, Halabi C, Modrick M, Keen H, Faraci F, et al. Endothelium-specific interference with peroxisome proliferator activated receptor gamma causes cerebral vascular dysfunction in response to a high-fat diet. Circ Res. 2008;103:654-61 pubmed publisher..Consistent with its role as a fatty acid sensor, these findings provide genetic evidence that endothelial PPARgamma plays a critical role in protecting blood vessels in response to a high-fat diet. ..