Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on acoustic stimulation in Iowa City, Iowa, United States
Locale: Iowa City, Iowa, United States
Topic: acoustic stimulation
- Khalsa S, Rudrauf D, Tranel D. Interoceptive awareness declines with age. Psychophysiology. 2009;46:1130-6 pubmed publisher..These findings provide clear empirical evidence that interoception, much like exteroception and proprioception, declines with age. ..
- Plakke B, Ng C, Poremba A. Scopolamine impairs auditory delayed matching-to-sample performance in monkeys. Neurosci Lett. 2008;438:126-30 pubmed publisher..These findings support the hypothesis that the cholinergic system is important for auditory short-term memory. ..
- Nourski K, Abbas P, Miller C, Robinson B, Jeng F. Acoustic-electric interactions in the guinea pig auditory nerve: simultaneous and forward masking of the electrically evoked compound action potential. Hear Res. 2007;232:87-103 pubmed..Post-stimulatory changes in synchrony, possibly due to recovery of spontaneous activity and an additional hair-cell independent mechanism, are hypothesized to contribute to the observed non-monotonicity of recovery. ..
- Springer J, Binder J, Hammeke T, Swanson S, Frost J, Bellgowan P, et al. Language dominance in neurologically normal and epilepsy subjects: a functional MRI study. Brain. 1999;122 ( Pt 11):2033-46 pubmed..Language lateralization in the normal group was weakly related to age, but was not significantly related to sex, education, task performance or familial left-handedness. ..
- Hay McCutcheon M, Brown C, Abbas P. An analysis of the impact of auditory-nerve adaptation on behavioral measures of temporal integration in cochlear implant recipients. J Acoust Soc Am. 2005;118:2444-57 pubmed
- Vander Werff K, Brown C. Effect of audiometric configuration on threshold and suprathreshold auditory steady-state responses. Ear Hear. 2005;26:310-26 pubmed..The small amplitude of the ASSR response and individual variability may make threshold estimation based on extrapolation from suprathreshold ASSR responses impractical. ..
- Miller C, Robinson B, Hetke J, Abbas P, Nourski K. Feasibility of using silicon-substrate recording electrodes within the auditory nerve. Hear Res. 2004;198:48-58 pubmed..More productive results may be possible from other peripheral nerves with less complex spatial arrangements of fibers. ..
- Tyler R, Gantz B, Rubinstein J, Wilson B, Parkinson A, Wolaver A, et al. Three-month results with bilateral cochlear implants. Ear Hear. 2002;23:80S-89S pubmed..In addition, localization ability was generally better with two implants than with one. ..
- Johnson T, Brown C. Threshold prediction using the auditory steady-state response and the tone burst auditory brain stem response: a within-subject comparison. Ear Hear. 2005;26:559-76 pubmed
- Christie K, Sivan Loukianova E, Smith W, Aldrich B, Schon M, Roy M, et al. Physiological, anatomical, and behavioral changes after acoustic trauma in Drosophila melanogaster. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:15449-54 pubmed publisher..This report of noise trauma in Drosophila is a foundation for studying molecular and genetic sequelae of NIHL. ..
- Farris Trimble A, McMurray B. Test-retest reliability of eye tracking in the visual world paradigm for the study of real-time spoken word recognition. J Speech Lang Hear Res. 2013;56:1328-45 pubmed publisher..30). The VWP is stable enough (with some caveats) to serve as an individual measure. These findings suggest guidelines for future use of the paradigm and for areas of improvement in both methodology and analysis. ..
- Halverson H, Freeman J. Medial auditory thalamic nuclei are necessary for eyeblink conditioning. Behav Neurosci. 2006;120:880-7 pubmed..The medial auditory thalamic nuclei may modulate activity in a short-latency auditory CS pathway or serve as part of a longer latency auditory CS pathway that is necessary for eyeblink conditioning. ..
- Nourski K, Brugge J, Reale R, Kovach C, Oya H, Kawasaki H, et al. Coding of repetitive transients by auditory cortex on posterolateral superior temporal gyrus in humans: an intracranial electrophysiology study. J Neurophysiol. 2013;109:1283-95 pubmed publisher..These include an isomorphic representation of periodicity (as measured by the FFR), a representation based on increases in non-phase-locked activity (as measured by high gamma ERBP), and spatially distributed patterns of activity. ..
- Wemmie J, Askwith C, Lamani E, Cassell M, Freeman J, Welsh M. Acid-sensing ion channel 1 is localized in brain regions with high synaptic density and contributes to fear conditioning. J Neurosci. 2003;23:5496-502 pubmed..These studies suggest that ASIC1 is distributed to regions supporting high levels of synaptic plasticity and contributes to the neural mechanisms of fear conditioning. ..
- Sheffield A, Gubbels S, Hildebrand M, Newton S, Chiorini J, Di Pasquale G, et al. Viral vector tropism for supporting cells in the developing murine cochlea. Hear Res. 2011;277:28-36 pubmed publisher..Our results support the use of BAAV for safe and efficient targeting of supporting cell progenitors in the developing murine inner ear. ..
- Coryell M, Ziemann A, Westmoreland P, Haenfler J, Kurjakovic Z, Zha X, et al. Targeting ASIC1a reduces innate fear and alters neuronal activity in the fear circuit. Biol Psychiatry. 2007;62:1140-8 pubmed..Furthermore, the data indicate that targeting the ASIC1a gene or acutely inhibiting ASIC1a suppresses fear and anxiety independent of conditioning. ..
- Kopecky B, Jahan I, Fritzsch B. Correct timing of proliferation and differentiation is necessary for normal inner ear development and auditory hair cell viability. Dev Dyn. 2013;242:132-47 pubmed publisher..In addition, our data indicate that Myc is an integral component of the evolutionary transformation process that resulted in the organ of Corti development. ..
- Moore C, Hein E, Grosjean M, Rinkenauer G. Limited influence of perceptual organization on the precision of attentional control. Atten Percept Psychophys. 2009;71:971-83 pubmed publisher..There was little evidence that the observers could do this, indicating a limited role of perceptual organization in the precision of attentional control. ..
- Gantz B, Turner C. Combining acoustic and electrical speech processing: Iowa/Nucleus hybrid implant. Acta Otolaryngol. 2004;124:344-7 pubmed..In addition, we test whether residual hearing can be preserved when an electrode is placed up to 10 mm into the inner ear, and whether the site of electrical stimulation influences speech perception...
- Halverson H, Freeman J. Medial auditory thalamic input to the lateral pontine nuclei is necessary for auditory eyeblink conditioning. Neurobiol Learn Mem. 2010;93:92-8 pubmed publisher..The results provide evidence that the auditory CS pathway necessary for delay eyeblink conditioning includes the MATN-LPN projection and the visual CS pathway includes the MPN. ..
- Roy M, Sivan Loukianova E, Eberl D. Cell-type-specific roles of Na+/K+ ATPase subunits in Drosophila auditory mechanosensation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:181-6 pubmed publisher..Our studies provide an amenable model to investigate generation of endolymph-like extracellular compartments. ..
- Johnsen E, Tranel D, Lutgendorf S, Adolphs R. A neuroanatomical dissociation for emotion induced by music. Int J Psychophysiol. 2009;72:24-33 pubmed publisher..The findings provide evidence for a double dissociation between feeling emotions and autonomic responses to emotions, in response to music stimuli. ..
- Freeman J, Duffel J. Eyeblink conditioning using cochlear nucleus stimulation as a conditioned stimulus in developing rats. Dev Psychobiol. 2008;50:640-6 pubmed publisher..The findings suggest that developmental changes in the CN projections to the pons, inferior colliculus, or medial auditory thalamus may be a neural mechanism underlying the ontogeny of auditory eyeblink conditioning. ..
- Fryauf Bertschy H, Tyler R, Kelsay D, Gantz B. Performance over time of congenitally deaf and postlingually deafened children using a multichannel cochlear implant. J Speech Hear Res. 1992;35:913-20 pubmed..With as much as 18-24 months of use, however, some congenitally deaf children demonstrated limited open-set word recognition. ..
- Vralsted V, Price M, Du J, Schnizler M, Wunsch A, Ziemann A, et al. Expressing acid-sensing ion channel 3 in the brain alters acid-evoked currents and impairs fear conditioning. Genes Brain Behav. 2011;10:444-50 pubmed publisher..Moreover, these data suggest that ASIC subunit composition and channel desensitization may be critical determinants for ASIC-dependent behavior. ..
- Freeman J, Campolattaro M. Ontogenetic change in the auditory conditioned stimulus pathway for eyeblink conditioning. Learn Mem. 2008;15:823-8 pubmed publisher..The findings suggest that the thalamic contribution to auditory eyeblink conditioning continues to develop through the first postnatal month. ..