Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on protein binding in Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
Locale: Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
Topic: protein binding
Publications141 found, 100 shown here
- Khanna M, Chelladurai B, Gavini A, Li L, Shao M, Courtney D, et al. Targeting ovarian tumor cell adhesion mediated by tissue transglutaminase. Mol Cancer Ther. 2011;10:626-36 pubmed publisher..This suggests a potential allosteric mechanism for the compound in light of its distal target site. ..
- Yao W, Zhang Y, Jabeen R, Nguyen E, Wilkes D, Tepper R, et al. Interleukin-9 is required for allergic airway inflammation mediated by the cytokine TSLP. Immunity. 2013;38:360-72 pubmed publisher..Together, our results demonstrate that TSLP promotes Th9 cell differentiation and function and define a requirement for IL-9 in TSLP-induced allergic inflammation. ..
- Condello S, Cao L, Matei D. Tissue transglutaminase regulates ?-catenin signaling through a c-Src-dependent mechanism. FASEB J. 2013;27:3100-12 pubmed publisher..In summary, our data demonstrate that TG2 regulates ?-catenin expression and function in OC cells and define the c-Src-dependent mechanism through which this occurs. ..
- Xu D, Si Y, Meroueh S. A Computational Investigation of Small-Molecule Engagement of Hot Spots at Protein-Protein Interaction Interfaces. J Chem Inf Model. 2017;57:2250-2272 pubmed publisher..The more effective use of hot spots in future drug design efforts may result in smaller compounds with higher ligand efficiencies that may lead to greater success in clinical trials. ..
- Wang X, Fuhrer D, Marshall M, Yang Y. Interleukin-11 induces complex formation of Grb2, Fyn, and JAK2 in 3T3L1 cells. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:27999-8002 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that IL-11-induced interactions of JAK2, Fyn, and Grb2 may not only provide a novel mechanism for the activation of the Ras/MAPK system but also indicate cross-talk among diverse signaling pathways. ..
- Williams D, Tao W, Yang F, Kim C, Gu Y, Mansfield P, et al. Dominant negative mutation of the hematopoietic-specific Rho GTPase, Rac2, is associated with a human phagocyte immunodeficiency. Blood. 2000;96:1646-54 pubmed..Blood. 2000;96:1646-1654) ..
- Swartz D, Moss R. Strong binding of myosin increases shortening velocity of rabbit skinned skeletal muscle fibres at low levels of Ca(2+). J Physiol. 2001;533:357-65 pubmed
- Skurat A, Dietrich A, Zhai L, Roach P. GNIP, a novel protein that binds and activates glycogenin, the self-glucosylating initiator of glycogen biosynthesis. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:19331-8 pubmed..GNIPs may represent a novel participant in the initiation of glycogen synthesis. ..
- Chen F, Ogawa K, Liu X, Stringfield T, Chen Y. Repression of Smad2 and Smad3 transactivating activity by association with a novel splice variant of CCAAT-binding factor C subunit. Biochem J. 2002;364:571-7 pubmed
- Savkur R, Wu Y, Bramlett K, Wang M, Yao S, Perkins D, et al. Alternative splicing within the ligand binding domain of the human constitutive androstane receptor. Mol Genet Metab. 2003;80:216-26 pubmed..Although the role of hCAR2 and hCAR3 is currently unclear, these additional splice variants may provide for increased diversity in terms of responsiveness to xenobiotics. ..
- Liu Y, Kim B, Kao C, Jung C, Dalton J, He J. Tip110, the human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) Tat-interacting protein of 110 kDa as a negative regulator of androgen receptor (AR) transcriptional activation. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:21766-73 pubmed..Taken together, these results indicate that Tip110 is a negative regulator of AR transcriptional activation, and may be directly involved in AR-related developmental, physiological, and pathological processes. ..
- Liu Y, Vincenti M, Yokota H. Principal component analysis for predicting transcription-factor binding motifs from array-derived data. BMC Bioinformatics. 2005;6:276 pubmed..The described SVD-based prediction is an analytical method to provide a set of potential TFBMs involved in transcriptional regulation. The results would be useful to evaluate analytically a contribution of individual DNA sequences. ..
- Broxmeyer H, Hangoc G, Cooper S, Campbell T, Ito S, Mantel C. AMD3100 and CD26 modulate mobilization, engraftment, and survival of hematopoietic stem and progenitor cells mediated by the SDF-1/CXCL12-CXCR4 axis. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2007;1106:1-19 pubmed..These results demonstrate the means to increase the mobilization of HPCs, the engrafting capability of HSCs, and responsiveness of HPCs to the survival-enhancing activity of SDF-1/CXCL12, effects that may be of practical value. ..
- Yu Q, Chang H, Ahyi A, Kaplan M. Transcription factor-dependent chromatin remodeling of Il18r1 during Th1 and Th2 differentiation. J Immunol. 2008;181:3346-52 pubmed..These data provide further mechanistic insight into transcription factor-dependent establishment of Th subset-specific patterns of gene expression. ..
- Chen Z, Akin B, Jones L. Ca2+ binding to site I of the cardiac Ca2+ pump is sufficient to dissociate phospholamban. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:3253-60 pubmed publisher..From these results we conclude that site I is the key Ca(2+)-binding site regulating the physical association between PLB and SERCA2a...
- Zhao H, Yang Y, Zhou Y. Prediction of RNA binding proteins comes of age from low resolution to high resolution. Mol Biosyst. 2013;9:2417-25 pubmed publisher..The analysis indicates that the two approaches are complementary and their combinations may lead to further improvements. ..
- Sirenko S, Maltsev V, Maltseva L, Yang D, Lukyanenko Y, Vinogradova T, et al. Sarcoplasmic reticulum Ca2+ cycling protein phosphorylation in a physiologic Ca2+ milieu unleashes a high-power, rhythmic Ca2+ clock in ventricular myocytes: relevance to arrhythmias and bio-pacemaker design. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2014;66:106-15 pubmed publisher..This unleashed Ca(2+) clock that emerges in a physiological Ca(2+) milieu in VM has two faces, however: it can provoke ventricular arrhythmias; or if harnessed, can be an important feature of novel bio-pacemaker designs. ..
- Shin W, Bures M, Kihara D. PatchSurfers: Two methods for local molecular property-based binding ligand prediction. Methods. 2016;93:41-50 pubmed publisher..Illustrative examples of PL-PatchSurfer performance on binding ligand prediction as well as virtual drug screening are also provided. ..
- Blanco M, Vetman T, Chandrasekhar S, Fisher M, Harvey A, Chambers M, et al. Discovery of potent aryl-substituted 3-[(3-methylpyridine-2-carbonyl) amino]-2,4-dimethyl-benzoic acid EP4 antagonists with improved pharmacokinetic profile. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2016;26:931-935 pubmed publisher..In the pyridine series, compound 7a was found to be a highly potent and selective EP4 antagonist, with suitable rat and dog pharmacokinetic profiles. ..
- Al Ali H, Ding Y, Slepak T, Wu W, Sun Y, Martinez Y, et al. The mTOR Substrate S6 Kinase 1 (S6K1) Is a Negative Regulator of Axon Regeneration and a Potential Drug Target for Central Nervous System Injury. J Neurosci. 2017;37:7079-7095 pubmed publisher..We provide mechanistic evidence that S6K1's negative feedback to PI3K signaling is involved in axon growth inhibition, and show that phosphorylation of S6K1 is a more appropriate regeneration indicator than is S6 phosphorylation. ..
- Knadler M, Hall S. Stereoselective arylpropionyl-CoA thioester formation in vitro. Chirality. 1990;2:67-73 pubmed
- Ozes O, Mayo L, Gustin J, Pfeffer S, Pfeffer L, Donner D. NF-kappaB activation by tumour necrosis factor requires the Akt serine-threonine kinase. Nature. 1999;401:82-5 pubmed..Mutation of this amino acid blocks phosphorylation by Akt or TNF and activation of NF-kappaB. These findings indicate that Akt is part of a signalling pathway that is necessary for inducing key immune and inflammatory responses. ..
- Wilson W, Mahrenholz A, Roach P. Substrate targeting of the yeast cyclin-dependent kinase Pho85p by the cyclin Pcl10p. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:7020-30 pubmed..We suggest a model for Pho85p function in the cell whereby cyclins like Pcl10p recruit Pho85p from a pool of monomers, both activating the kinase and targeting it to substrate. ..
- Yang J, Hurley T, DePaoli Roach A. Interaction of inhibitor-2 with the catalytic subunit of type 1 protein phosphatase. Identification of a sequence analogous to the consensus type 1 protein phosphatase-binding motif. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:22635-44 pubmed..A model is presented in which multiple "anchoring interactions" serve to position a segment of I-2 such that it sterically occludes the catalytic pocket but need not make high affinity contacts itself. ..
- Ko L, Chin W. Nuclear receptor coactivator thyroid hormone receptor-binding protein (TRBP) interacts with and stimulates its associated DNA-dependent protein kinase. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:11471-9 pubmed..The activation of DNA-PK in the absence of DNA ends by the coactivator TRBP suggests a novel mechanism of coactivator-stimulated DNA-PK phosphorylation in transcriptional regulation. ..
- Gernert D, Neel D, Boehm M, Leibowitz M, Mais D, Michellys P, et al. Design and synthesis of benzofused heterocyclic RXR modulators. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2004;14:2759-63 pubmed..Potency and efficacy were observed to be dependent upon the choice of heterocycle as well as the sidechain employed. ..
- Zhou J, Herring B. Mechanisms responsible for the promoter-specific effects of myocardin. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:10861-9 pubmed..Together these data suggest that the promoter specificity of myocardin is dependent on complex combinatorial interactions of multiple cis elements and their trans binding factors. ..
- Haag Breese E, Uversky V, Georgiadis M, Harrington M. The disordered amino-terminus of SIMPL interacts with members of the 70-kDa heat-shock protein family. DNA Cell Biol. 2006;25:704-14 pubmed..Understanding the regulation of SIMPL through its interaction with Hsp70/Hsc70 may serve as a novel means of modulating tumor necrosis factor alpha signaling. ..
- Kharitonenkov A, Dunbar J, Bina H, Bright S, Moyers J, Zhang C, et al. FGF-21/FGF-21 receptor interaction and activation is determined by betaKlotho. J Cell Physiol. 2008;215:1-7 pubmed..All together, these results indicate that betaKlotho and FGFRs form the cognate FGF-21 receptor complex, mediating FGF-21 cellular specificity and physiological effects. ..
- Uversky V, Eliezer D. Biophysics of Parkinson's disease: structure and aggregation of alpha-synuclein. Curr Protein Pept Sci. 2009;10:483-99 pubmed..This review focuses on the contributions of Prof. Anthony L. Fink to the field and presents some recent developments in this exciting area. ..
- Obungu V, Gelfanova V, Rathnachalam R, Bailey A, Sloan Lancaster J, Huang L. Determination of the mechanism of action of anti-FasL antibody by epitope mapping and homology modeling. Biochemistry. 2009;48:7251-60 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, through molecular homology modeling, we have proposed a mechanism for the neutralizing activity of this antibody that involves interference with the docking of the ligand to its receptor by the antibody. ..
- Zhang X, He Y, Liu S, Yu Z, Jiang Z, Yang Z, et al. Salicylic acid based small molecule inhibitor for the oncogenic Src homology-2 domain containing protein tyrosine phosphatase-2 (SHP2). J Med Chem. 2010;53:2482-93 pubmed publisher..X-ray crystallographic analysis of the structure of SHP2 in complex with 9 reveals molecular determinants that can be exploited for the acquisition of more potent and selective SHP2 inhibitors. ..
- Perez Miller S, Zou Q, Novotny M, Hurley T. High resolution X-ray structures of mouse major urinary protein nasal isoform in complex with pheromones. Protein Sci. 2010;19:1469-79 pubmed publisher..These differences in cavity size and interactions between the protein and ligand are likely to contribute to the observed specificity of MUP-IV. ..
- Naidu S, Lakhter A, Androphy E. PIASy-mediated Tip60 sumoylation regulates p53-induced autophagy. Cell Cycle. 2012;11:2717-28 pubmed publisher..PIASy-induced Tip60 sumoylation augments p53 K120 acetylation and apoptosis. In addition to p14(ARF) inactivation, impairment in this intricate signaling may explain why p53 mutations are not found in nearly 50% of malignancies. ..
- Yin J, Dong Z, Liu R, Chen J, Liu Z, Zhang J. Translational regulation of RPA2 via internal ribosomal entry site and by eIF3a. Carcinogenesis. 2013;34:1224-31 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we conclude that RPA2 expression is translationally regulated via IRES and by eIF3a and that this regulation is partly accountable for cellular response to DNA damage and survival. ..
- Gourapura R, Khan M, Gallo R, Shaji D, Liu J, Brutkiewicz R. Forming a complex with MHC class I molecules interferes with mouse CD1d functional expression. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e72867 pubmed publisher..Together, these results suggest that MHC class I molecules can regulate NKT cell function, in part, by masking CD1d. ..
- Vuppalanchi R, Liang T, Goswami C, Nalamasu R, Li L, Jones D, et al. Relationship between differential hepatic microRNA expression and decreased hepatic cytochrome P450 3A activity in cirrhosis. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e74471 pubmed publisher..43, P=0.08). The strong association between certain miRNAs, notably miR-155, and lower hepatic CYP3A activity suggest that altered miRNA expression may regulate hepatic CYP3A activity. ..
- Bivi N, Hu H, Chavali B, Chalmers M, Reutter C, Durst G, et al. Structural features underlying raloxifene's biophysical interaction with bone matrix. Bioorg Med Chem. 2016;24:759-67 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we report herein a novel property of raloxifene analogs that allows them to interact with the bone tissue through potential contacts with the organic matrix and in particular collagen. ..
- Rhoden J, Dyas G, Wroblewski V. A Modeling and Experimental Investigation of the Effects of Antigen Density, Binding Affinity, and Antigen Expression Ratio on Bispecific Antibody Binding to Cell Surface Targets. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:11337-47 pubmed publisher..These mechanistic insights have implications in antibody engineering and structure/activity relationship determination in a variety of biological contexts. ..
- Wang M, Gao M, Meyer J, Peters J, Zarrinmayeh H, Territo P, et al. Synthesis and preliminary biological evaluation of radiolabeled 5-BDBD analogs as new candidate PET radioligands for P2X4 receptor. Bioorg Med Chem. 2017;25:3835-3844 pubmed publisher..The preliminary biological evaluation of radiolabeled 5-BDBD analogs indicated these new radioligands have similar biological activity with their parent compound 5-BDBD. ..
- Piekarz A, Due M, Khanna M, Wang B, Ripsch M, Wang R, et al. CRMP-2 peptide mediated decrease of high and low voltage-activated calcium channels, attenuation of nociceptor excitability, and anti-nociception in a model of AIDS therapy-induced painful peripheral neuropathy. Mol Pain. 2012;8:54 pubmed publisher..2) [Brittain et al. Nature Medicine 17:822-829 (2011)]...
- Hsiung H, Smith D, Zhang X, Bennett T, Rosteck P, Lai M. Structure and functional expression of a complementary DNA for porcine growth hormone-releasing hormone receptor. Neuropeptides. 1993;25:1-10 pubmed..Furthermore, challenge of the 293 cells expressing the receptor by GHRH leads to efficient stimulation of cytoplasmic cAMP production. ..
- Xiao H, Matsubayashi H, Bonderman D, Bonderman P, Reid T, Miraglia C, et al. Generation of annexin V-positive platelets and shedding of microparticles with stimulus-dependent procoagulant activity during storage of platelets at 4 degrees C. Transfusion. 2000;40:420-7 pubmed..Propyl gallate induces platelet procoagulant activity and annexin V binding. Stored platelets differ from fresh platelets in a lower reactivity to propyl gallate activation and a higher rate of microparticle shedding. ..
- Wang Z, Sato H, Kusam S, Sehra S, Toney L, Dent A. Regulation of IL-10 gene expression in Th2 cells by Jun proteins. J Immunol. 2005;174:2098-105 pubmed..These data indicate that we have identified a novel regulatory element that can specifically activate transcription of the IL-10 gene in Th2 cells via the AP-1/Jun pathway. ..
- Dai M, Sears R, Lu H. Feedback regulation of c-Myc by ribosomal protein L11. Cell Cycle. 2007;6:2735-41 pubmed..These results suggest that L11 also inhibits cell cycle progression by regulating the c-Myc pathway. Here we further discuss the implications of this regulation and questions that this finding raises. ..
- Todd A, Lin H, Ebert A, Liu Y, Androphy E. COPI transport complexes bind to specific RNAs in neuronal cells. Hum Mol Genet. 2013;22:729-36 pubmed publisher..These data support the novel function of COPI in inter-compartmental trafficking of RNA. ..
- Zhang Y, Schmidt R, Foxworthy P, Emkey R, Oler J, Large T, et al. Niacin mediates lipolysis in adipose tissue through its G-protein coupled receptor HM74A. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;334:729-32 pubmed..Our results provided direct evidence indicating that HM74A, but not HM74, was sufficient to mediate anti-lipolytic effect of niacin in adipose tissue. ..
- Wang W, Roach P. Glycogen and related polysaccharides inhibit the laforin dual-specificity protein phosphatase. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;325:726-30 pubmed
- Ahyi A, Chang H, Dent A, Nutt S, Kaplan M. IFN regulatory factor 4 regulates the expression of a subset of Th2 cytokines. J Immunol. 2009;183:1598-606 pubmed publisher..Further heterogeneity of IRF4 expression was observed in Th2 cells analyzed for expression of multiple Th2 cytokines. Thus, IRF4 promotes the expression of a subset of Th2 cytokines and contributes to Th2 heterogeneity. ..
- Han P, Li W, Yang J, Shang C, Lin C, Cheng W, et al. Epigenetic response to environmental stress: Assembly of BRG1-G9a/GLP-DNMT3 repressive chromatin complex on Myh6 promoter in pathologically stressed hearts. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2016;1863:1772-81 pubmed publisher..This article is part of a Special Issue entitled: Cardiomyocyte Biology: Integration of Developmental and Environmental Cues in the Heart edited by Marcus Schaub and Hughes Abriel. ..
- Zhang S, Broxmeyer H. Flt3 ligand induces tyrosine phosphorylation of gab1 and gab2 and their association with shp-2, grb2, and PI3 kinase. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2000;277:195-9 pubmed..The results suggest that Gab proteins are engaged in Flt3 signaling to mediate downstream activation of Shp-2 and PI3 kinase pathways and possibly the Ras/Raf/MAPK pathway. ..
- Yin F, Herring B. GATA-6 can act as a positive or negative regulator of smooth muscle-specific gene expression. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:4745-52 pubmed..These data also reveal a novel transcription regulatory mechanism by which GATA-6 can modulate the activity of the myocardin-serum-response factor complexes. ..
- Fell M, Perry K, Falcone J, Johnson B, Barth V, Rash K, et al. In vitro and in vivo evidence for a lack of interaction with dopamine D2 receptors by the metabotropic glutamate 2/3 receptor agonists 1S,2S,5R,6S-2-aminobicyclo[3.1.0]hexane-2,6-bicaroxylate monohydrate (LY354740) and (-)-2-oxa-4-aminobicyclo[3.1.0]. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2009;331:1126-36 pubmed publisher..Instead, these results provide further evidence for a novel antipsychotic mechanism of action for mGluR(2/3) agonists. ..
- Uversky V, Shah S, Gritsyna Y, Hitchcock Degregori S, Kostyukova A. Systematic analysis of tropomodulin/tropomyosin interactions uncovers fine-tuned binding specificity of intrinsically disordered proteins. J Mol Recognit. 2011;24:647-55 pubmed publisher..Knowing the residues responsible for isoform-specific affinity creates a tool suitable for studying the influence of Tmod/TM interactions on sarcomere assembly in muscle cells or actin dynamics in non-muscle cells. ..
- Ito S, Mantel C, Han M, Basu S, Fukuda S, Cooper S, et al. Mad2 is required for optimal hematopoiesis: Mad2 associates with c-Kit in MO7e cells. Blood. 2007;109:1923-30 pubmed..These results suggest that Mad2 is involved in synergistic growth of immature hematopoietic progenitor cells in response to SCF plus GM-CSF, effects that may be mediated via physical association of Mad2 with c-Kit. ..
- Castro A, Rebhun J, Clark G, Quilliam L. Rheb binds tuberous sclerosis complex 2 (TSC2) and promotes S6 kinase activation in a rapamycin- and farnesylation-dependent manner. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:32493-6 pubmed..The ability of Rheb to induce S6 phosphorylation was also inhibited by a farnesyl transferase inhibitor, suggesting that Rheb may be responsible for the Ras-independent anti-neoplastic properties of this drug. ..
- Bauer M, Townsend C, Doster R, Fortney K, Zwickl B, Katz B, et al. A fibrinogen-binding lipoprotein contributes to the virulence of Haemophilus ducreyi in humans. J Infect Dis. 2009;199:684-92 pubmed publisher..fgbA was conserved among clinical isolates of both class I and II H. ducreyi strains, supporting the finding that fgbA is important for H. ducreyi infection. ..
- Song H, Dunbar J, Zhang Y, Guo D, Donner D. Identification of a protein with homology to hsp90 that binds the type 1 tumor necrosis factor receptor. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:3574-81 pubmed..Identification of TRAP-1 may be an important step toward defining how TNFR-1, which does not contain protein tyrosine kinase activity, transmits its message to signal transduction pathways. ..
- Swartz D, Moss R, Greaser M. Calcium alone does not fully activate the thin filament for S1 binding to rigor myofibrils. Biophys J. 1996;71:1891-904 pubmed..These results suggest that calcium alone does not fully activate the thin filament for rigor S1 binding and that, even at high calcium, the thin filament is not activated along its entire length. ..
- Bivi N, Lezcano V, Romanello M, Bellido T, Plotkin L. Connexin43 interacts with ?arrestin: a pre-requisite for osteoblast survival induced by parathyroid hormone. J Cell Biochem. 2011;112:2920-30 pubmed publisher..These studies demonstrate that ?arrestin is a novel Cx43-interacting protein and suggest that, by sequestering ?arrestin, Cx43 facilitates cAMP signaling, thereby exerting a permissive role on osteoblast survival induced by PTH. ..
- Song H, Zhu F. Conformational dynamics of a ligand-free adenylate kinase. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e68023 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our simulations suggest that it is energetically unfavorable for the ligand-free AdK to access the closed conformation, and imply that ligand binding may precede the closure of the enzyme. ..
- Carbe C, Hertzler Schaefer K, Zhang X. The functional role of the Meis/Prep-binding elements in Pax6 locus during pancreas and eye development. Dev Biol. 2012;363:320-9 pubmed publisher..Together, these results provide functional evidence for the independent and synergistic roles of the Pax6 upstream enhancers, and they suggest the potential redundancy of Meis/Prep protein in Pax6 regulation...
- Bhat Nakshatri P, Song E, Collins N, Uversky V, Dunker A, O Malley B, et al. Interplay between estrogen receptor and AKT in estradiol-induced alternative splicing. BMC Med Genomics. 2013;6:21 pubmed publisher..E2 may partly alter cellular proteome through alternative splicing uncoupled to its effects on transcription initiation and aberration in E2-induced alternative splicing events may influence response to anti-estrogens. ..
- Brittain J, Piekarz A, Wang Y, Kondo T, Cummins T, Khanna R. An atypical role for collapsin response mediator protein 2 (CRMP-2) in neurotransmitter release via interaction with presynaptic voltage-gated calcium channels. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:31375-90 pubmed publisher..Toxin block of Ca(2+) entry via CaV2.2 abolished this stimulated release. Thus, the CRMP-2-Ca(2+) channel interaction represents a novel mechanism for modulation of Ca(2+) influx into nerve terminals and, hence, of synaptic strength. ..
- Lee J, Skalnik D. Rbm15-Mkl1 interacts with the Setd1b histone H3-Lys4 methyltransferase via a SPOC domain that is required for cytokine-independent proliferation. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e42965 pubmed publisher..These results reveal altered Setd1b complex function and consequent altered epigenetic regulation as a possible molecular mechanism that mediates the leukemogenic activity of the Rbm15-Mkl1 fusion protein in AMKL. ..
- Braverman L, Quilliam L. Identification of Grb4/Nckbeta, a src homology 2 and 3 domain-containing adapter protein having similar binding and biological properties to Nck. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:5542-9 pubmed..Nck and Grb4 therefore appear to be functionally redundant. ..
- Zhi X, Chan E, Edenberg H. Tissue-specific regulatory elements in the human alcohol dehydrogenase 6 gene. DNA Cell Biol. 2000;19:487-97 pubmed..Site 2 was a positive regulatory element in hepatoma cells but had no effect in fibroblasts. This combination of positive and negative regulatory elements can play a significant role in the tissue-specific expression of ADH6. ..
- Herring B, Kriegel A, Hoggatt A. Identification of Barx2b, a serum response factor-associated homeodomain protein. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:14482-9 pubmed..The results of these studies support the hypothesis that interaction of SRF with different homeodomain-containing proteins may play a critical role in determining the cell-specific functions of SRF. ..
- Timm D, Baker L, Mueller H, Zidek L, Novotny M. Structural basis of pheromone binding to mouse major urinary protein (MUP-I). Protein Sci. 2001;10:997-1004 pubmed
- Konrad R, Gold G, Lee T, Workman R, Broderick C, Knierman M. Glucose stimulates the tyrosine phosphorylation of Crk-associated substrate in pancreatic beta-cells. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:28116-22 pubmed..Together, these results show that the identity of the previously described p125 beta-cell protein is Cas and that Cas undergoes rapid glucose-induced tyrosine phosphorylation in beta-cells. ..
- Bai F, Yin T, Johnstone E, Su C, Varga G, Little S, et al. Molecular cloning and pharmacological characterization of the guinea pig 5-HT1E receptor. Eur J Pharmacol. 2004;484:127-39 pubmed..This finding should allow the elucidation of the receptor's role(s) in the complex coordination of central serotonergic effects...
- Jin Y, Zeng S, Sun X, Lee H, Blattner C, Xiao Z, et al. MDMX promotes proteasomal turnover of p21 at G1 and early S phases independently of, but in cooperation with, MDM2. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:1218-29 pubmed..These results demonstrate that MDMX and MDM2 independently and cooperatively regulate the proteasome-mediated degradation of p21 at the G(1) and early S phases. ..
- Lockett A, Goebl M, Harrington M. Transient membrane recruitment of IRAK-1 in response to LPS and IL-1beta requires TNF R1. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2008;295:C313-23 pubmed publisher..In the absence of TNF R1-dependent events, exposure to LPS or IL-1 leads to hyperactivation of the inflammatory response. ..
- Yang Y, Li Z, Mo W, Ambadipudi R, Arnold R, Hrncirova P, et al. Human ABCC1 interacts and colocalizes with ATP synthase ?, revealed by interactive proteomics analysis. J Proteome Res. 2012;11:1364-72 pubmed publisher..The interaction between ABCC1 and ATP synthase ? in a heterocomplex may indicate a novel function of ABCC1 in regulating extracellular ATP level and purinergic signaling cascade. ..
- Watt M, Rorick Kehn L, Shaw D, Knitowski K, Quets A, Chesterfield A, et al. The muscarinic acetylcholine receptor agonist BuTAC mediates antipsychotic-like effects via the M4 subtype. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2013;38:2717-26 pubmed publisher..These data support a role for the M4AChR subtype in mediating the antipsychotic-like activity of BuTAC and implicate M4AChR agonism as a potential novel therapeutic mechanism for ameliorating symptoms associated with schizophrenia. ..
- Yamada Y, Natsumeda Y, Weber G. Action of the active metabolites of tiazofurin and ribavirin on purified IMP dehydrogenase. Biochemistry. 1988;27:2193-6 pubmed..The enzyme was protected from this inactivation by IMP or XMP. These results provide a biochemical basis for combination chemotherapy with tiazofurin and ribavirin targeted against the two different ligand sites of IMP dehydrogenase. ..
- Ou X, Pollock J, Dinauer M, Gharehbaghi Schnell E, Skalnik D. Identification and functional characterization of the murine Rac2 gene promoter. DNA Cell Biol. 1999;18:253-63 pubmed..7 and NIH-3T3 cells. Additional cis elements may be required to restrict Rac2 promoter activity to hematopoietic cells expressing the endogenous gene. ..
- Okabe S, Fukuda S, Broxmeyer H. Activation of Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome protein and its association with other proteins by stromal cell-derived factor-1alpha is associated with cell migration in a T-lymphocyte line. Exp Hematol. 2002;30:761-6 pubmed..These data suggest that WASP, Cas, Nck, and FAK may play a role in SDF-1alpha-induced migration of the T-cell line, Jurkat. ..
- Oldfield C, Meng J, Yang J, Yang M, Uversky V, Dunker A. Flexible nets: disorder and induced fit in the associations of p53 and 14-3-3 with their partners. BMC Genomics. 2008;9 Suppl 1:S1 pubmed publisher..These data support the conjecture that hub proteins often utilize intrinsic disorder to bind to multiple partners and provide detailed information about induced fit in structured regions. ..
- Vincentz J, Barnes R, Firulli B, Conway S, Firulli A. Cooperative interaction of Nkx2.5 and Mef2c transcription factors during heart development. Dev Dyn. 2008;237:3809-19 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data support a hypothesis where physical, functional, and genetic interactions between Nkx2.5 and Mef2c are necessary for ventricle formation. ..
- Walls C, Iliuk A, Bai Y, Wang M, Tao W, Zhang Z. Phosphatase of regenerating liver 3 (PRL3) provokes a tyrosine phosphoproteome to drive prometastatic signal transduction. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2013;12:3759-77 pubmed publisher..Our phosphoproteomic data paint the most comprehensive picture to date of how PRL3 drives prometastatic molecular events through Src activation. ..
- Li H, Custer S, Gilson T, Hao L, Beattie C, Androphy E. Î±-COP binding to the survival motor neuron protein SMN is required for neuronal process outgrowth. Hum Mol Genet. 2015;24:7295-307 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these demonstrate the functional role of COPI association with the SMN protein in neuronal development. ..
- Nürnberger J, Bacallao R, Phillips C. Inversin forms a complex with catenins and N-cadherin in polarized epithelial cells. Mol Biol Cell. 2002;13:3096-106 pubmed..The 90-kDa nuclear inversin complexes with beta-catenin. These findings indicate that the inv gene product functions in several cellular compartments, including the nucleus and cell-cell adhesion sites. ..