Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mice in Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
Locale: Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
Publications566 found, 100 shown here
- Lewis J, Samms R, Cooper S, Luckett J, Perkins A, Dunbar J, et al. Antibody-Mediated Targeting of the FGFR1c Isoform Increases Glucose Uptake in White and Brown Adipose Tissue in Male Mice. Endocrinology. 2017;158:3090-3096 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data suggest that antibody-mediated targeting of FGFR1c exerts its powerful glucose-lowering efficacy primarily due to increased glucose uptake in adipose tissue. ..
- Björgvinsdóttir H, Zhen L, Dinauer M. Cloning of murine gp91phox cDNA and functional expression in a human X-linked chronic granulomatous disease cell line. Blood. 1996;87:2005-10 pubmed
- Sawyer J, Anderson B, Beight D, Campbell R, Jones M, Herron D, et al. Synthesis and activity of new aryl- and heteroaryl-substituted pyrazole inhibitors of the transforming growth factor-beta type I receptor kinase domain. J Med Chem. 2003;46:3953-6 pubmed..A common binding mode at the active site has been established by successful cocrystallization and X-ray analysis of potent inhibitors with the TbetaR-I receptor kinase domain. ..
- Zhou B, Liu Y, Kim B, Xiao Y, He J. Astrocyte activation and dysfunction and neuron death by HIV-1 Tat expression in astrocytes. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2004;27:296-305 pubmed..In addition, these data suggest that astrocyte dysfunction contributes, at least in part, to Tat neurotoxicity and subsequently HIV-associated neuropathogenesis. ..
- Syed S, Kauffman A, Beavers L, Alston J, Farb T, Ficorilli J, et al. Ectonucleotidase NTPDase3 is abundant in pancreatic β-cells and regulates glucose-induced insulin secretion. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2013;305:E1319-26 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that NTPDase3 is the major ectonucleotidase in pancreatic β-cells in multiple species and that it modulates insulin secretion by controlling activation of purinergic receptors. ..
- Kwon B, Chintamaneni C, Kozak C, Copeland N, Gilbert D, Jenkins N, et al. A melanocyte-specific gene, Pmel 17, maps near the silver coat color locus on mouse chromosome 10 and is in a syntenic region on human chromosome 12. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1991;88:9228-32 pubmed
- Kwon B, Halaban R, Chintamaneni C. Molecular basis of mouse Himalayan mutation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1989;161:252-60 pubmed..These results indicate the possibility that the altered residue at amino acid 420 of mouse tyrosinase may be important in stabilization of the tyrosinase molecule, or in interaction with other molecules, such as tyrosinase inhibitors. ..
- Yin T, Tsang M, Yang Y. JAK1 kinase forms complexes with interleukin-4 receptor and 4PS/insulin receptor substrate-1-like protein and is activated by interleukin-4 and interleukin-9 in T lymphocytes. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:26614-7 pubmed
- Kim K, Soonpaa M, Daud A, Koh G, Kim J, Field L. Tumor suppressor gene expression during normal and pathologic myocardial growth. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:22607-13 pubmed..The potential role of tumor suppressor gene product expression in myocardial development and pathology is discussed. ..
- Kwon B. Pigmentation genes: the tyrosinase gene family and the pmel 17 gene family. J Invest Dermatol. 1993;100:134S-140S pubmed..It appears that the tyrosinase gene family regulates melanin synthesis in the proximal steps of the melanin biosynthetic pathway and the pmel 17 gene family might be important at distal steps of the pathway. ..
- Ward J, Merritt L, Calligaro D, Bymaster F, Shannon H, Mitch C, et al. 1,2,5-Thiadiazole analogues of aceclidine as potent m1 muscarinic agonists. J Med Chem. 1998;41:379-92 pubmed..Several of these new 1,2,5-thiadiazoles have m1 agonist efficacy, potency, and selectivity comparable to those of xanomeline 2 in the muscarinic tests investigated. ..
- Gustin J, Ozes O, Akca H, Pincheira R, Mayo L, Li Q, et al. Cell type-specific expression of the IkappaB kinases determines the significance of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt signaling to NF-kappa B activation. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:1615-20 pubmed..Thus, noncoordinate expression of I kappa B kinases plays a role in determining the cell type-specific role of Akt in NF-kappa B activation. ..
- Yoder M. Generation of HSCs in the embryo and assays to detect them. Oncogene. 2004;23:7161-3 pubmed..This review will highlight some of the various transplantation assays used to identify HSC from embryonic tissues. ..
- Spurlin B, Thurmond D. Syntaxin 4 facilitates biphasic glucose-stimulated insulin secretion from pancreatic beta-cells. Mol Endocrinol. 2006;20:183-93 pubmed..Taken together, these data support the notion that Syntaxin 4-based SNARE complexes are essential for biphasic insulin granule fusion in pancreatic beta-cells. ..
- Haag Breese E, Uversky V, Georgiadis M, Harrington M. The disordered amino-terminus of SIMPL interacts with members of the 70-kDa heat-shock protein family. DNA Cell Biol. 2006;25:704-14 pubmed..Understanding the regulation of SIMPL through its interaction with Hsp70/Hsc70 may serve as a novel means of modulating tumor necrosis factor alpha signaling. ..
- Meng H, Larson S, Gao R, Qiao X. BDNF transgene improves ataxic and motor behaviors in stargazer mice. Brain Res. 2007;1160:47-57 pubmed..These results provide in vivo evidence for the correlation of the cerebellar BDNF levels to the ataxia and motor behaviors of stg mice. ..
- Zhang M, Fang H, Zhou J, Herring B. A novel role of Brg1 in the regulation of SRF/MRTFA-dependent smooth muscle-specific gene expression. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:25708-16 pubmed..Together these data suggest that Brg1/Brm containing SWI/SNF complexes play a critical role in regulating expression of SRF/MRTFA-dependent smooth muscle-specific genes but not SRF/MRTFA-dependent early response genes. ..
- Young S, Gerard O Riley R, Kim J, Pavalko F. Focal adhesion kinase is important for fluid shear stress-induced mechanotransduction in osteoblasts. J Bone Miner Res. 2009;24:411-24 pubmed publisher..These data indicate the importance of FAK for both short and long periods of FSS-induced mechanotransduction in osteoblasts. ..
- Sanghani P, Davis W, Fears S, Green S, Zhai L, Tang Y, et al. Kinetic and cellular characterization of novel inhibitors of S-nitrosoglutathione reductase. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:24354-62 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal GSNOR inhibitors to be novel tools for regulating nitric oxide bioactivity and assessing the role of SNOs in vivo. ..
- Shao M, Cao L, Shen C, Satpathy M, Chelladurai B, Bigsby R, et al. Epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition and ovarian tumor progression induced by tissue transglutaminase. Cancer Res. 2009;69:9192-201 pubmed publisher..Highly expressed in ovarian tumors, TG2 promotes EMT and enhances ovarian tumor metastasis by activating oncogenic signaling. ..
- Sahu R, Yao Y, Konger R, Travers J. Platelet-activating factor does not mediate UVB-induced local immune suppression. Photochem Photobiol. 2012;88:490-3 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that the PAF-R is not involved UVB-induced local immunosuppression. ..
- Guzman M, Shao J, Sheng H. Pro-neoplastic effects of amphiregulin in colorectal carcinogenesis. J Gastrointest Cancer. 2013;44:211-21 pubmed publisher..AREG plays pro-neoplastic roles in colorectal carcinogenesis and may be targeted for colon cancer prevention and treatment. ..
- Yan S, Peek V, Ajamie R, Buchanan S, Graff J, Heidler S, et al. LY2801653 is an orally bioavailable multi-kinase inhibitor with potent activity against MET, MST1R, and other oncoproteins, and displays anti-tumor activities in mouse xenograft models. Invest New Drugs. 2013;31:833-44 pubmed publisher..LY2801653 is currently in phase 1 clinical testing in patients with advanced cancer (trial I3O-MC-JSBA, NCT01285037). ..
- Hoggatt J, Mohammad K, Singh P, Hoggatt A, Chitteti B, Speth J, et al. Differential stem- and progenitor-cell trafficking by prostaglandin E2. Nature. 2013;495:365-9 pubmed publisher..These results not only uncover unique regulatory roles for EP4 signalling in HSC retention in the niche, but also define a rapidly translatable strategy to enhance transplantation therapeutically. ..
- Bhatwadekar A, Duan Y, Chakravarthy H, Korah M, Caballero S, Busik J, et al. Ataxia Telangiectasia Mutated Dysregulation Results in Diabetic Retinopathy. Stem Cells. 2016;34:405-17 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our study highlights using rodent models and human subjects, the critical role of ATM in microvascular repair in DR. ..
- Zhang W, Ghetti B, Lee W. Decreased IGF-I gene expression during the apoptosis of Purkinje cells in pcd mice. Brain Res Dev Brain Res. 1997;98:164-76 pubmed..Whether the decrease of IGF-I mRNA expression is the cause or result of the Purkinje cell degeneration needs to be further elucidated. ..
- Yoder M, Hiatt K, Dutt P, Mukherjee P, Bodine D, Orlic D. Characterization of definitive lymphohematopoietic stem cells in the day 9 murine yolk sac. Immunity. 1997;7:335-44 pubmed..Surprisingly, 37-fold more CD34+c-Kit+ cells reside in the day 9 yolk sac than in the P-Sp. In sum, definitive HSC are coexistent, but not equal in number, in the murine yolk sac and P-Sp prior to fetal liver colonization. ..
- Liang L, Deng L, Shao C, Stambrook P, Tischfield J. In vivo loss of heterozygosity in T-cells of B6C3F1 Aprt(+/-) mice. Environ Mol Mutagen. 2000;35:150-7 pubmed
- Cohen M, Bloomquist W, Ito M, Lowell B. Beta3 receptors mediate relaxation in stomach fundus whereas a fourth beta receptor mediates tachycardia in atria from transgenic beta3 receptor knockout mice. Receptors Channels. 2000;7:17-23 pubmed..These data provide definitive evidence that the receptor mediating tachycardia to CGP12177 and to cyanopindolol in atria from the transgenic beta3 receptor knockout mice is neither the beta1, beta2, nor beta3 adrenergic receptor. ..
- Seo Y, Fishel M, Amundson S, Kelley M, Smith M. Implication of p53 in base excision DNA repair: in vivo evidence. Oncogene. 2002;21:731-7 pubmed..Our findings demonstrate an in vivo requirement for p53 in regulating the base excision repair response, a novel finding of great potential importance in understanding the DNA repair branch of the p53 pathway. ..
- Xu X, Su B, Barndt R, Chen H, Xin H, Yan G, et al. FKBP12 is the only FK506 binding protein mediating T-cell inhibition by the immunosuppressant FK506. Transplantation. 2002;73:1835-8 pubmed..We found that growth inhibition induced by FK506 is abolished in FKBP12-deficient cells but not in FKBP12.6-deficient cells. FKBP12 is the only FKBP family member that plays a key role in immunosuppressant-mediated immunosuppression. ..
- Kernek K, Trofatter J, Mayeda A, Hofstetter J. A locus for circadian period of locomotor activity on mouse proximal chromosome 3. Chronobiol Int. 2004;21:343-52 pubmed..Future studies will focus on identifying the gene influencing period. ..
- Swanson K, Zheng Y, Heidler K, Zhang Z, Webb T, Wilkes D. Flt3-ligand, IL-4, GM-CSF, and adherence-mediated isolation of murine lung dendritic cells: assessment of isolation technique on phenotype and function. J Immunol. 2004;173:4875-81 pubmed..Therefore, lung DC phenotype and function must be interpreted relative to the technique used for isolation. ..
- Yu X, White K. FGF23 and disorders of phosphate homeostasis. Cytokine Growth Factor Rev. 2005;16:221-32 pubmed..Our understanding of FGF23 will help to develop novel therapies for phosphate wasting disorders, as well as for disorders of increased serum phosphate, such as tumoral calcinosis, a rare disorder, and renal failure, a common disorder...
- Chang H, Zhang S, Thieu V, Slee R, Bruns H, Laribee R, et al. PU.1 expression delineates heterogeneity in primary Th2 cells. Immunity. 2005;22:693-703 pubmed..Thus, the expression of PU.1 in subsets of Th2 cells establishes a defined cytokine profile and contributes towards establishing the spectrum of cytokine production observed in Th2 populations. ..
- Wang M, Zhang W, Crisostomo P, Markel T, Meldrum K, Fu X, et al. Sex differences in endothelial STAT3 mediate sex differences in myocardial inflammation. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2007;293:E872-7 pubmed..This observation was associated with decreased activation of myocardial STAT3 and increased activation of p38 MAPK in EC STAT3KO heart after I/R. ..
- Yu Q, Chang H, Ahyi A, Kaplan M. Transcription factor-dependent chromatin remodeling of Il18r1 during Th1 and Th2 differentiation. J Immunol. 2008;181:3346-52 pubmed..These data provide further mechanistic insight into transcription factor-dependent establishment of Th subset-specific patterns of gene expression. ..
- Micanovic R, Raches D, Dunbar J, Driver D, Bina H, Dickinson C, et al. Different roles of N- and C- termini in the functional activity of FGF21. J Cell Physiol. 2009;219:227-34 pubmed publisher..Our structure/function studies show that the C-terminus is important for betaKlotho interaction whereas the N-terminus likely interacts directly with FGF receptors. ..
- Campbell T, Basu S, Hangoc G, Tao W, Broxmeyer H. Overexpression of Rheb2 enhances mouse hematopoietic progenitor cell growth while impairing stem cell repopulation. Blood. 2009;114:3392-401 pubmed publisher..These results may have value in elucidating mechanisms controlling the balance between proliferation and repopulating ability, a finding of importance in clinical uses of HPCs/HSCs. ..
- Kalakeche R, Hato T, Rhodes G, Dunn K, El Achkar T, Plotkin Z, et al. Endotoxin uptake by S1 proximal tubular segment causes oxidative stress in the downstream S2 segment. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2011;22:1505-16 pubmed publisher..Although this may limit the amount of endotoxin in the systemic circulation and the kidney, it results in severe secondary damage to the neighboring S2 segments. ..
- Goswami R, Jabeen R, Yagi R, Pham D, Zhu J, Goenka S, et al. STAT6-dependent regulation of Th9 development. J Immunol. 2012;188:968-75 pubmed publisher..These data established a transcription factor network that regulates IL-9 and demonstrated how combinations of cytokine signals generate cytokine-secreting potential by altering the expression of a panel of transcription factors. ..
- Nishiki Y, Adewola A, Hatanaka M, Templin A, Maier B, Mirmira R. Translational control of inducible nitric oxide synthase by p38 MAPK in islet β-cells. Mol Endocrinol. 2013;27:336-49 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest a novel signaling pathway in β-cells in which p38 MAPK promotes translation elongation of Nos2 mRNA via regulation of eIF5A hypusination. ..
- Hua L, Yao S, Pham D, Jiang L, Wright J, Sawant D, et al. Cytokine-dependent induction of CD4+ T cells with cytotoxic potential during influenza virus infection. J Virol. 2013;87:11884-93 pubmed publisher..The potential implications for the functions of these cells are discussed. ..
- Zhang K, Bosron W, Edenberg H. Structure of the mouse Adh-1 gene and identification of a deletion in a long alternating purine-pyrimidine sequence in the first intron of strains expressing low alcohol dehydrogenase activity. Gene. 1987;57:27-36 pubmed
- Lee W, Wang G, Lo T, Triarhou L, Ghetti B. Altered IGFBP5 gene expression in the cerebellar external germinal layer of weaver mutant mice. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 1995;30:259-68 pubmed..3 fold that of +/+. The altered IGFBP5 gene expression in granule cell precursors may modulate the interaction of IGF-I with IGFR-I in ways that contribute to their massive death occurring in the development of wv/wv cerebellum. ..
- Li X, Plett P, Yang Y, Hong P, Freie B, Srour E, et al. Fanconi anemia type C-deficient hematopoietic stem/progenitor cells exhibit aberrant cell cycle control. Blood. 2003;102:2081-4 pubmed..Collectively, these data provide a previously unrecognized phenotype in Fancc-/- hematopoietic stem/progenitor cells, which may contribute to the progressive bone marrow failure in Fanconi anemia. ..
- Jiang H, Wek S, McGrath B, Lu D, Hai T, Harding H, et al. Activating transcription factor 3 is integral to the eukaryotic initiation factor 2 kinase stress response. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:1365-77 pubmed
- Chan R, Leedy M, Munugalavadla V, Voorhorst C, Li Y, Yu M, et al. Human somatic PTPN11 mutations induce hematopoietic-cell hypersensitivity to granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor. Blood. 2005;105:3737-42 pubmed
- Pederson B, Cope C, Irimia J, Schroeder J, Thurberg B, DePaoli Roach A, et al. Mice with elevated muscle glycogen stores do not have improved exercise performance. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;331:491-6 pubmed..This result suggests that increased muscle glycogen stores do not necessarily improve exercise performance in mice. ..
- Yong W, Bao S, Chen H, Li D, SANCHEZ E, Shou W. Mice lacking protein phosphatase 5 are defective in ataxia telangiectasia mutated (ATM)-mediated cell cycle arrest. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:14690-4 pubmed..These results demonstrate a direct regulatory linkage between Ppp5 and activation of the ATM-mediated G(2)/M DNA damage checkpoint pathway in vivo. ..
- Evans Molina C, ROBBINS R, Kono T, Tersey S, Vestermark G, Nunemaker C, et al. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma activation restores islet function in diabetic mice through reduction of endoplasmic reticulum stress and maintenance of euchromatin structure. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:2053-67 pubmed publisher..We conclude that PPAR-gamma agonists exert a direct effect in diabetic islets to reduce endoplasmic reticulum stress and enhance Pdx1 levels, leading to favorable alterations of the islet gene chromatin architecture. ..
- Zyromski N, Mathur A, Gowda G, Murphy C, Swartz Basile D, Wade T, et al. Nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy-based metabolomics of the fatty pancreas: implicating fat in pancreatic pathology. Pancreatology. 2009;9:410-9 pubmed publisher..Metabolomic analysis is a valid, powerful tool with which to further define the mechanisms by which fat impacts pancreatic disease. ..
- Mondal A, Sawant D, Dent A. Transcriptional repressor BCL6 controls Th17 responses by controlling gene expression in both T cells and macrophages. J Immunol. 2010;184:4123-32 pubmed publisher..We hypothesize that increased Th17 differentiation aggravates the severe Th2-type inflammatory disease in BCL6-deficient mice. ..
- Wang Y, Abarbanell A, Herrmann J, Weil B, Manukyan M, Poynter J, et al. TLR4 inhibits mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) STAT3 activation and thereby exerts deleterious effects on MSC-mediated cardioprotection. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e14206 pubmed publisher..This study indicates that TLR4 exerts deleterious effects on MSC-derived cardioprotection following I/R by a STAT3 inhibitory mechanism. ..
- Tao R, Wei D, Gao H, Liu Y, Depinho R, Dong X. Hepatic FoxOs regulate lipid metabolism via modulation of expression of the nicotinamide phosphoribosyltransferase gene. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:14681-90 pubmed publisher..Thus, FoxOs control the Nampt gene expression and the NAD(+) signaling in the regulation of hepatic triglyceride homeostasis. ..
- Zhong X, Rescorla F. Cell surface adhesion molecules and adhesion-initiated signaling: understanding of anoikis resistance mechanisms and therapeutic opportunities. Cell Signal. 2012;24:393-401 pubmed publisher..Understanding of these aspects will provide opportunities to find new potential molecular targets, and therapeutic strategies based on these findings will likely prove to be more specific and effective. ..
- Swift J, Swift S, Smith J, Kiang J, Allen M. Skin wound trauma, following high-dose radiation exposure, amplifies and prolongs skeletal tissue loss. Bone. 2015;81:487-94 pubmed publisher..Changes in cancellous bone after combined trauma were derived from extended reductions in osteoblast-driven bone formation and increases in osteoclast activity. ..
- Jager J, Wang F, Fang B, Lim H, Peed L, Steger D, et al. The Nuclear Receptor Rev-erb? Regulates Adipose Tissue-specific FGF21 Signaling. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:10867-75 pubmed publisher..These findings establish Rev-erb? as a specific modulator of FGF21 signaling in adipose tissue. ..
- Monn J, Valli M, Johnson B, Salhoff C, Wright R, Howe T, et al. Synthesis of the four isomers of 4-aminopyrrolidine-2,4-dicarboxylate: identification of a potent, highly selective, and systemically-active agonist for metabotropic glutamate receptors negatively coupled to adenylate cyclase. J Med Chem. 1996;39:2990-3000 pubmed..It is concluded that (2R,4R)-APDC (2a) is a highly selective, systemically-active agonist of mGluRs negatively coupled to adenylate cyclase and that selective activation of these receptors in vivo can result in anticonvulsant effects. ..
- Jiang H, Jiang L, Wek R. The eukaryotic initiation factor-2 kinase pathway facilitates differential GADD45a expression in response to environmental stress. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:3755-65 pubmed..This study highlights the molecular mechanisms by which environmental stresses can differentially control central regulatory proteins targeted by the eIF2 kinase pathway. ..
- Wang M, Zhang W, Crisostomo P, Markel T, Meldrum K, Fu X, et al. Endothelial STAT3 plays a critical role in generalized myocardial proinflammatory and proapoptotic signaling. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2007;293:H2101-8 pubmed..This study demonstrates that endothelial cell-derived STAT3 plays an important role in postischemic myocardial function. ..
- Apelgren L, Bailey D, Fouts R, Short L, Bryan N, Evans G, et al. The effect of a selective estrogen receptor modulator on the progression of spontaneous autoimmune disease in MRL lpr/lpr mice. Cell Immunol. 1996;173:55-63 pubmed..These studies demonstrate that SERMs may be potentially useful for the treatment of autoimmune disorders. ..
- Roberts A, Kim C, Zhen L, Lowe J, Kapur R, Petryniak B, et al. Deficiency of the hematopoietic cell-specific Rho family GTPase Rac2 is characterized by abnormalities in neutrophil function and host defense. Immunity. 1999;10:183-96 pubmed..Rac2 is an essential regulator of multiple specialized neutrophil functions. ..
- Delerive P, Chin W, Suen C. Identification of Reverb(alpha) as a novel ROR(alpha) target gene. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:35013-8 pubmed..Together, our results identify Reverb(alpha) as a novel target gene for ROR(alpha). ..
- Mack D, Leibowitz D, Cooper S, Ramsey H, Broxmeyer H, Hromas R. Down-regulation of the myeloid homeobox protein Hex is essential for normal T-cell development. Immunology. 2002;107:444-51 pubmed..In addition, Hex over-expression significantly increased myeloid progenitor cycling, which may explain its role in retrovirally induced murine leukaemia. ..
- Goebel W, Dinauer M. Retroviral-mediated gene transfer and nonmyeloablative conditioning: studies in a murine X-linked chronic granulomatous disease model. J Pediatr Hematol Oncol. 2002;24:787-90 pubmed..Transplantation of retrovirus-transduced marrow cells into 5-fluorouracil conditioned hosts is also being explored. ..
- Guo Y, Chan R, Ramsey H, Li W, Xie X, Shelley W, et al. The homeoprotein Hex is required for hemangioblast differentiation. Blood. 2003;102:2428-35 pubmed..Therefore, Hex is a novel regulator of hemangioblast differentiation to hematopoietic and endothelial cells. ..
- West B, Parker G, Savage J, Kiratipranon P, Toomey K, Beach L, et al. Regulation of the follicle-stimulating hormone beta gene by the LHX3 LIM-homeodomain transcription factor. Endocrinology. 2004;145:4866-79 pubmed..We conclude that the LHX3 LIM homeodomain transcription factor is involved in activation of the FSH beta-subunit gene in the pituitary gonadotrope cell. ..
- You M, Matsumoto M, Pacold C, Cho W, Crabb D. The role of AMP-activated protein kinase in the action of ethanol in the liver. Gastroenterology. 2004;127:1798-808 pubmed..Taken together, our findings suggest that AMPK may play a key role in regulating the effects of ethanol on SREBP-1 activation, fatty acid metabolism, and development of alcoholic fatty liver. ..
- Zhang Q, Mousdicas N, Yi Q, Al Hassani M, Billings S, Perkins S, et al. Staphylococcal lipoteichoic acid inhibits delayed-type hypersensitivity reactions via the platelet-activating factor receptor. J Clin Invest. 2005;115:2855-61 pubmed..These findings show a novel mechanism by which staphylococcal infections can inhibit Th1 reactions and thus worsen Th2 skin diseases, such as atopic dermatitis. ..
- Haneline L, White H, Yang F, Chen S, Orschell C, Kapur R, et al. Genetic reduction of class IA PI-3 kinase activity alters fetal hematopoiesis and competitive repopulating ability of hematopoietic stem cells in vivo. Blood. 2006;107:1375-82 pubmed..Collectively, these data identify PI-3K as an important regulator of HSC function and potential therapeutic target in treating leukemic stem cells. ..
- Farrow E, Davis S, Summers L, White K. Initial FGF23-mediated signaling occurs in the distal convoluted tubule. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2009;20:955-60 pubmed publisher..These findings provide novel insight into the mechanisms of hormone-regulated phosphate metabolism by identifying an intrarenal signaling axis for FGF23. ..
- Irimia J, Meyer C, Peper C, Zhai L, Bock C, Previs S, et al. Impaired glucose tolerance and predisposition to the fasted state in liver glycogen synthase knock-out mice. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:12851-61 pubmed publisher..This mouse model mimics the pathophysiology of glycogen storage disease 0 patients and highlights the importance of liver glycogen stores in whole body glucose homeostasis. ..
- Yeh N, Glosson N, Wang N, Guindon L, McKinley C, Hamada H, et al. Tc17 cells are capable of mediating immunity to vaccinia virus by acquisition of a cytotoxic phenotype. J Immunol. 2010;185:2089-98 pubmed publisher..Thus, Tc17 cells mediate VV clearance through expression of specific molecules associated with cytotoxicity but independent of an acquired Tc1 phenotype. ..
- Colvin S, Malik R, Showalter A, Sloop K, Rhodes S. Model of pediatric pituitary hormone deficiency separates the endocrine and neural functions of the LHX3 transcription factor in vivo. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:173-8 pubmed publisher..More broadly, this study reveals that the in vivo actions of a transcription factor in different tissues are molecularly separable. ..
- Rohrabaugh S, Hangoc G, Kelley M, Broxmeyer H. Mad2 haploinsufficiency protects hematopoietic progenitor cells subjected to cell-cycle stress in vivo and to inhibition of redox function of Ape1/Ref-1 in vitro. Exp Hematol. 2011;39:415-23 pubmed publisher..Our studies have unexpectedly found that Mad2 haploinsufficiency is protective in the presence of a cycle-specific DNA synthesis agent in vivo, and Ape1/Ref-1 inhibitor in vitro. ..
- Devlin C, Greco S, Martelli F, Ivan M. miR-210: More than a silent player in hypoxia. IUBMB Life. 2011;63:94-100 pubmed publisher..Such targets may broadly affect the evolution of tumors and other pathological settings, such as ischemic disorders. Harnessing the knowledge of miR-210's actions may lead to novel diagnostic and therapeutic approaches. ..
- Maruyama M, Li B, Chen H, Xu X, Song L, Guatimosim S, et al. FKBP12 is a critical regulator of the heart rhythm and the cardiac voltage-gated sodium current in mice. Circ Res. 2011;108:1042-52 pubmed publisher..FKBP12 is a critical regulator of I(Na) and is important for cardiac arrhythmogenic physiology. FKPB12-mediated dysregulation of I(Na) may underlie clinical arrhythmias associated with FK506 administration. ..
- Lin C, Anseth K. Cell-cell communication mimicry with poly(ethylene glycol) hydrogels for enhancing beta-cell function. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:6380-5 pubmed publisher..This unique gel platform demonstrates new strategies for tailoring biomimetic environments to enhance the encapsulation of cells that require cell-cell contact to survive and function. ..
- Thyagarajan Sahu A, Lane B, Sliva D. ReishiMax, mushroom based dietary supplement, inhibits adipocyte differentiation, stimulates glucose uptake and activates AMPK. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2011;11:74 pubmed publisher..Our study suggests that RM can control adipocyte differentiation and glucose uptake. The health benefits of ReishiMax warrant further clinical studies. ..
- Sawant D, Wu H, Kaplan M, Dent A. The Bcl6 target gene microRNA-21 promotes Th2 differentiation by a T cell intrinsic pathway. Mol Immunol. 2013;54:435-42 pubmed publisher..Finally, our results reveal a novel T cell autonomous role for miR-21 in promoting Th2 differentiation. ..
- Siddiqui R, Harvey K, Walker C, Altenburg J, Xu Z, Terry C, et al. Characterization of synergistic anti-cancer effects of docosahexaenoic acid and curcumin on DMBA-induced mammary tumorigenesis in mice. BMC Cancer. 2013;13:418 pubmed publisher..The combination of DHA and CCM is potentially a dietary supplemental treatment for some breast cancers, likely dependent upon the molecular phenotype of the cancer. ..