Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on membrane transport proteins in West Lafayette, Indiana, United States
Locale: West Lafayette, Indiana, United States
Topic: membrane transport proteins
- Zakharov S, Zhalnina M, Sharma O, Cramer W. The colicin E3 outer membrane translocon: immunity protein release allows interaction of the cytotoxic domain with OmpF porin. Biochemistry. 2006;45:10199-207 pubmed
- Zaitseva J, Zhang H, Binnie R, Hermodson M. The proteins encoded by the rbs operon of Escherichia coli: II. Use of chimeric protein constructs to isolate and characterize RbsC. Protein Sci. 1996;5:1100-7 pubmed..This is a substantial increase in amounts from any previous RbsC production vectors. All proteins from the rbs operon have now been overproduced and substantially purified...
- Zakharov S, Eroukova V, Rokitskaya T, Zhalnina M, Sharma O, Loll P, et al. Colicin occlusion of OmpF and TolC channels: outer membrane translocons for colicin import. Biophys J. 2004;87:3901-11 pubmed..These data are considered in the context of a two-receptor translocon model for colicin entry into cells. ..
- Leiman P, Basler M, Ramagopal U, Bonanno J, Sauder J, Pukatzki S, et al. Type VI secretion apparatus and phage tail-associated protein complexes share a common evolutionary origin. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:4154-9 pubmed publisher..We propose that T6SS is a multicomponent structure whose extracellular part resembles both structurally and functionally a bacteriophage tail, an efficient machine that translocates proteins and DNA across lipid membranes into cells...
- Hou Y, Zhu Y, Wang P, Zhao Y, Xie S, Batelli G, et al. Type One Protein Phosphatase 1 and Its Regulatory Protein Inhibitor 2 Negatively Regulate ABA Signaling. PLoS Genet. 2016;12:e1005835 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results uncover TOPP1 and AtI-2 as negative regulators of ABA signaling. ..
- Heatwole V, Somerville R. The tryptophan-specific permease gene, mtr, is differentially regulated by the tryptophan and tyrosine repressors in Escherichia coli K-12. J Bacteriol. 1991;173:3601-4 pubmed..One transcript was induced by the Tyr repressor. The tryptophan-dependent interaction of Trp repressor with an operator target within the mtr promoter was demonstrated by means of a restriction endonuclease protection assay. ..
- Barroga C, Zhang H, Wajih N, Bouyer J, Hermodson M. The proteins encoded by the rbs operon of Escherichia coli: I. Overproduction, purification, characterization, and functional analysis of RbsA. Protein Sci. 1996;5:1093-9 pubmed..However, an inconsistency between the several results from deletion strains raises questions regarding the interpretations of the in vivo data...
- Carl S, Lindley D, Das D, Couraud P, Weksler B, Romero I, et al. ABC and SLC transporter expression and proton oligopeptide transporter (POT) mediated permeation across the human blood--brain barrier cell line, hCMEC/D3 [corrected]. Mol Pharm. 2010;7:1057-68 pubmed publisher..Additional studies are required to adequately determine the potential to establish an in vivo correlation...
- Yang H, Murphy A. Functional expression and characterization of Arabidopsis ABCB, AUX 1 and PIN auxin transporters in Schizosaccharomyces pombe. Plant J. 2009;59:179-91 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that the S. pombe system described here can be employed for comparative analyses and subsequent structural characterizations of plant transport proteins. ..
- Zakharov S, Sharma O, Zhalnina M, Cramer W. Primary events in the colicin translocon: FRET analysis of colicin unfolding initiated by binding to BtuB and OmpF. Biochemistry. 2008;47:12802-9 pubmed publisher..The R-domain Arg399 is responsible for electrostatic interaction with BtuB. It is concluded that free energy for colicin unfolding is provided by binding of the R- domain to BtuB and binding/insertion of the T-domain to/into OmpF. ..
- Titapiwatanakun B, Blakeslee J, Bandyopadhyay A, Yang H, Mravec J, Sauer M, et al. ABCB19/PGP19 stabilises PIN1 in membrane microdomains in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2009;57:27-44 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that ABCB19 stabilises PIN1 localisation at the plasma membrane in discrete cellular subdomains where PIN1 and ABCB19 expression overlaps...
- Haldimann A, Daniels L, Wanner B. Use of new methods for construction of tightly regulated arabinose and rhamnose promoter fusions in studies of the Escherichia coli phosphate regulon. J Bacteriol. 1998;180:1277-86 pubmed..The growth defect is apparently a consequence of high-level Pst synthesis resulting from autogenous control of PhoB and PhoR synthesis in the absence of PhoU. ..
- Mukhopadhyay A, Avramova L, Weiner H. Tom34 unlike Tom20 does not interact with the leader sequences of mitochondrial precursor proteins. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2002;400:97-104 pubmed..It is concluded from our observation that Tom34 is a cytosolic protein, whose role appeared to be to interact with mature portion of some preproteins and may keep them in an unfolded, import compatible state. ..
- Kurisu G, Zakharov S, Zhalnina M, Bano S, Eroukova V, Rokitskaya T, et al. The structure of BtuB with bound colicin E3 R-domain implies a translocon. Nat Struct Biol. 2003;10:948-54 pubmed..The translocator was concluded to be OmpF from the occlusion of OmpF channels by colicin E3. ..
- Oldham M, Davidson A, Chen J. Structural insights into ABC transporter mechanism. Curr Opin Struct Biol. 2008;18:726-33 pubmed publisher..It appears that rigid-body rotations of the transmembrane subunits, coinciding with the opening and closing of the nucleotide-binding subunits, couples ATP hydrolysis to substrate translocation...
- Venkatachalam P, Thulaseedharan A, Raghothama K. Molecular identification and characterization of a gene associated with the onset of tapping panel dryness (TPD) syndrome in rubber tree (Hevea brasiliensis Muell.) by mRNA differential display. Mol Biotechnol. 2009;41:42-52 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that down-regulation of HbTOM20 in TPD-affected trees may play an important role in alteration of mitochondrial metabolism resulting in impaired latex biosynthesis...
- Zhu W, Banga S, Tan Y, Zheng C, Stephenson R, Gately J, et al. Comprehensive identification of protein substrates of the Dot/Icm type IV transporter of Legionella pneumophila. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e17638 pubmed publisher..Thus, our efforts have identified a large number of novel substrates of the Dot/Icm system and have revealed the diverse features recognizable by this protein transporter...
- Ramaiah M, Jain A, Baldwin J, Karthikeyan A, Raghothama K. Characterization of the phosphate starvation-induced glycerol-3-phosphate permease gene family in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2011;157:279-91 pubmed publisher..A 9-fold induction of AtG3Pp3 in the mutant provided some evidence for a lack of functional redundancy in the gene family. These results thus reflect differential roles of members of the G3Pp family in the maintenance of Pi homeostasis. ..
- Steed P, Wanner B. Use of the rep technique for allele replacement to construct mutants with deletions of the pstSCAB-phoU operon: evidence of a new role for the PhoU protein in the phosphate regulon. J Bacteriol. 1993;175:6797-809 pubmed..Further, our results contradict those of M. Muda, N. N. Rao, and A. Torriani (J. Bacteriol. 174:8057-8064, 1992), who reported that the PhoU protein was required for Pi uptake. ..
- Blakeslee J, Bandyopadhyay A, Peer W, Makam S, Murphy A. Relocalization of the PIN1 auxin efflux facilitator plays a role in phototropic responses. Plant Physiol. 2004;134:28-31 pubmed