Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on inbred c57bl mice in Indianapolis, United States
Locale: Indianapolis, United States
Topic: inbred c57bl mice
- Reed G, Kirchner J, Carr L. NF-Y activates mouse tryptophan hydroxylase transcription. Brain Res. 1995;682:1-12 pubmed..Our results suggest that the transcription factor NF-Y binds to a GGCCAAT motif in the tph proximal promoter and activates transcription. ..
- Yang J, Shah R, Robling A, Templeton E, Yang H, Tracey K, et al. HMGB1 is a bone-active cytokine. J Cell Physiol. 2008;214:730-9 pubmed..Our data suggest that apoptotic bone cells release HMGB1, that within the marrow HMGB1 is a bone resorption signal, and that intramembraneous and endochondral osteoblasts exhibit differential responses to this cytokine. ..
- Chen W, Li F, Mead L, White H, Walker J, Ingram D, et al. Human papillomavirus causes an angiogenic switch in keratinocytes which is sufficient to alter endothelial cell behavior. Virology. 2007;367:168-74 pubmed publisher..These novel data support the hypothesis that HPV proteins contribute not only to the uncontrolled keratinocyte growth seen following HPV infection but also to the angiogenic response needed for tumor formation...
- Brandmaier A, Leitner W, Ha S, Sidney J, Restifo N, Touloukian C. High-avidity autoreactive CD4+ T cells induce host CTL, overcome T(regs) and mediate tumor destruction. J Immunother. 2009;32:677-88 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that high-avidity CD4+ T cells can overcome endogenous conditions and mediate their antitumor effects exclusively through the elicitation of CD8+ T cell immunity...
- Coskun T, Bina H, Schneider M, Dunbar J, Hu C, Chen Y, et al. Fibroblast growth factor 21 corrects obesity in mice. Endocrinology. 2008;149:6018-27 pubmed publisher..Overall, these data suggest that FGF21 exhibits the therapeutic characteristics necessary for an effective treatment of obesity and fatty liver disease and provides novel insights into the metabolic determinants of these activities. ..
- Lin Z, Edenberg H, Carr L. A novel negative element in the promoter of the mouse alcohol dehydrogenase gene Adh-1. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:10260-7 pubmed..Thus, we have identified a negative regulatory element within the Adh-1 promoter. No homology was found between this negative element and other regulatory elements, suggesting that this is a novel negative element. ..
- Broxmeyer H, Hangoc G, Cooper S, Campbell T, Ito S, Mantel C. AMD3100 and CD26 modulate mobilization, engraftment, and survival of hematopoietic stem and progenitor cells mediated by the SDF-1/CXCL12-CXCR4 axis. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2007;1106:1-19 pubmed..These results demonstrate the means to increase the mobilization of HPCs, the engrafting capability of HSCs, and responsiveness of HPCs to the survival-enhancing activity of SDF-1/CXCL12, effects that may be of practical value. ..
- Zhang S, Lawless V, Kaplan M. Cytokine-stimulated T lymphocyte proliferation is regulated by p27Kip1. J Immunol. 2000;165:6270-7 pubmed..Together, these data firmly support a role for p27(Kip1) as a negative regulator of cytokine-stimulated T cell growth. ..
- Schmidt N, Thieu V, Mann B, Ahyi A, Kaplan M. Bruton's tyrosine kinase is required for TLR-induced IL-10 production. J Immunol. 2006;177:7203-10 pubmed..These data further support a role for Btk in regulating TLR-induced cytokine production from APCs and provide downstream targets for analysis of Btk function. ..
- Charoonpatrapong K, Shah R, Robling A, Alvarez M, Clapp D, Chen S, et al. HMGB1 expression and release by bone cells. J Cell Physiol. 2006;207:480-90 pubmed..PTH-induced HMGB1 discharge by UMR cells exhibits similar release kinetics as reported for activated macrophages. These data confirm the presence of the HMGB1/RAGE signaling axis in bone. ..
- Stayrook K, Bramlett K, Savkur R, Ficorilli J, Cook T, Christe M, et al. Regulation of carbohydrate metabolism by the farnesoid X receptor. Endocrinology. 2005;146:984-91 pubmed..Thus, in addition to its role in the regulation of lipid metabolism, FXR regulates carbohydrate metabolism. ..
- Pederson B, Chen H, Schroeder J, Shou W, DePaoli Roach A, Roach P. Abnormal cardiac development in the absence of heart glycogen. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:7179-87 pubmed....
- Kambouris M, Triarhou L, Dlouhy S, Sangameswaran L, Luo F, Ghetti B, et al. Novel cDNA clones obtained by antibody screening of a mouse cerebellar cDNA expression library. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 1994;25:183-91 pubmed..The GCAP clones should be useful for future studies of molecular biology of GC in normal individuals and in inherited neurologic disease with GC degeneration. ..
- Pollock J, Williams D, Gifford M, Li L, Du X, Fisherman J, et al. Mouse model of X-linked chronic granulomatous disease, an inherited defect in phagocyte superoxide production. Nat Genet. 1995;9:202-9 pubmed..This animal model should aid in developing new treatments for CGD and in evaluating the role of phagocyte-derived oxidants in inflammation. ..
- Liang L, Deng L, Shao C, Stambrook P, Tischfield J. In vivo loss of heterozygosity in T-cells of B6C3F1 Aprt(+/-) mice. Environ Mol Mutagen. 2000;35:150-7 pubmed....
- Cao G, Beyer T, Yang X, Schmidt R, Zhang Y, Bensch W, et al. Phospholipid transfer protein is regulated by liver X receptors in vivo. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:39561-5 pubmed..We conclude that PLTP is a direct target gene of LXRs in vivo and plays an important role in LXR agonist-mediated HDL cholesterol and size increase in mice. ..
- Fukuda S, Pelus L. Internal tandem duplication of Flt3 modulates chemotaxis and survival of hematopoietic cells by SDF1alpha but negatively regulates marrow homing in vivo. Exp Hematol. 2006;34:1041-51 pubmed....
- Doerschuk C, Quinlan W, Doyle N, Bullard D, Vestweber D, Jones M, et al. The role of P-selectin and ICAM-1 in acute lung injury as determined using blocking antibodies and mutant mice. J Immunol. 1996;157:4609-14 pubmed..Abs may inhibit neutrophil sequestration and lung injury through mechanisms other than simply adhesion blockade, or mutant mice may utilize alternative adhesion pathways. ..
- Broxmeyer H, Bruns H, Zhang S, Cooper S, Hangoc G, McKenzie A, et al. Th1 cells regulate hematopoietic progenitor cell homeostasis by production of oncostatin M. Immunity. 2002;16:815-25 pubmed..Injection of the Th1 cytokine Oncostatin M but not other cytokines into Stat4-deficient mice recovers progenitor cell activity to wild-type levels. Thus, T helper cells actively regulate hematopoietic progenitor cell homeostasis. ..
- Markel T, Wang Y, Herrmann J, Crisostomo P, Wang M, Novotny N, et al. VEGF is critical for stem cell-mediated cardioprotection and a crucial paracrine factor for defining the age threshold in adult and neonatal stem cell function. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2008;295:H2308-14 pubmed publisher..Therefore, VEGF is a critical paracrine mediator in facilitating postischemic myocardial recovery and likely plays a role in mediating the observed age threshold during stem cell therapy. ..
- Zhong L, Chen L, Li Y, Qing K, Weigel Kelley K, Chan R, et al. Self-complementary adeno-associated virus 2 (AAV)-T cell protein tyrosine phosphatase vectors as helper viruses to improve transduction efficiency of conventional single-stranded AAV vectors in vitro and in vivo. Mol Ther. 2004;10:950-7 pubmed..Thus, this novel co-infection strategy should be useful in circumventing one of the major obstacles in the optimal use of recombinant AAV vectors in human gene therapy. ..
- Li S, Yamauchi A, Marchal C, Molitoris J, Quilliam L, Dinauer M. Chemoattractant-stimulated Rac activation in wild-type and Rac2-deficient murine neutrophils: preferential activation of Rac2 and Rac2 gene dosage effect on neutrophil functions. J Immunol. 2002;169:5043-51 pubmed..Thus, phenotypic defects in FMLP-stimulated Rac2-deficient neutrophils appear to reflect distinct activation and signaling profiles of Rac1 and Rac2, rather than a reduction in the total cellular level of Rac. ..
- O Malley J, Eri R, Stritesky G, Mathur A, Chang H, HogenEsch H, et al. STAT4 isoforms differentially regulate Th1 cytokine production and the severity of inflammatory bowel disease. J Immunol. 2008;181:5062-70 pubmed..Thus, higher expression of a subset of inflammatory cytokines from STAT4beta-expressing T cells correlates with the ability of STAT4beta-expressing T cells to mediate more severe inflammatory disease. ..
- Linden A, Johnson B, Peters S, Shannon H, Tian M, Wang Y, et al. Increased anxiety-related behavior in mice deficient for metabotropic glutamate 8 (mGlu8) receptor. Neuropharmacology. 2002;43:251-9 pubmed..Moreover, no significant differences in seizure susceptibility were detected between strains. Our results suggest that mGlu8 receptor may play a role in responses to novel stressful environment. ..
- Robling A, Childress P, Yu J, Cotte J, Heller A, Philip B, et al. Nmp4/CIZ suppresses parathyroid hormone-induced increases in trabecular bone. J Cell Physiol. 2009;219:734-43 pubmed publisher..These data support our hypothesis that Nmp4/CIZ is a transcriptional attenuator that suppresses osteoid synthesis and PTH-mediated acquisition of cancellous bone. J. Cell. Physiol. 219: 734-743, 2009. (c) 2009 Wiley-Liss, Inc. ..
- Raikwar N, Bowen Deeg R, Du X, Low M, Deeg M. Glycosylphosphatidylinositol-specific phospholipase D improves glucose tolerance. Metabolism. 2010;59:1413-20 pubmed publisher..Overexpressing GPI-PLD in an insulinoma cell line enhanced glucose-stimulated insulin secretion, suggesting that enhanced insulin secretion in vivo may have contributed to the improved glucose tolerance. ..
- Borneo J, Munugalavadla V, Sims E, Vemula S, Orschell C, Yoder M, et al. Src family kinase-mediated negative regulation of hematopoietic stem cell mobilization involves both intrinsic and microenvironmental factors. Exp Hematol. 2007;35:1026-37 pubmed..These data suggest an involvement of both hematopoietic intrinsic and microenvironmental factors in Src kinase-mediated mobilization of stem cells and identify Src kinases as potential targets for modulating stem cell mobilization. ..
- Degroot A, Köfalvi A, Wade M, Davis R, Rodrigues R, Rebola N, et al. CB1 receptor antagonism increases hippocampal acetylcholine release: site and mechanism of action. Mol Pharmacol. 2006;70:1236-45 pubmed....
- Kim C, Dinauer M. Rac2 is an essential regulator of neutrophil nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate oxidase activation in response to specific signaling pathways. J Immunol. 2001;166:1223-32 pubmed..The effect of Rac2 deficiency on superoxide production is probably exerted through multiple pathways, including those independent of mitogen-activated protein kinase activation. ..
- Broxmeyer H, Sehra S, Cooper S, Toney L, Kusam S, Aloor J, et al. Aberrant regulation of hematopoiesis by T cells in BAZF-deficient mice. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:5275-85 pubmed..Since both BAZF- and BCL-6-deficient mice have defects in CD8 T-cell differentiation, we hypothesize that both BCL-6 and BAZF regulate HPC homeostasis by an indirect pathway involving CD8 T cells. ..
- Lindsley A, Snider P, Zhou H, Rogers R, Wang J, Olaopa M, et al. Identification and characterization of a novel Schwann and outflow tract endocardial cushion lineage-restricted periostin enhancer. Dev Biol. 2007;307:340-55 pubmed....
- Zhang C, Wang S, Lasbury M, Tschang D, Liao C, Durant P, et al. Toll-like receptor 2 mediates alveolar macrophage response to Pneumocystis murina. Infect Immun. 2006;74:1857-64 pubmed..murina stimulation. An in vivo study showed that TLR2-/- mice challenged with P. murina had reduced cytokine responses. These results indicate that TLR2 plays a major role in the innate immune response to P. murina. ..
- Swanson K, Zheng Y, Heidler K, Zhang Z, Webb T, Wilkes D. Flt3-ligand, IL-4, GM-CSF, and adherence-mediated isolation of murine lung dendritic cells: assessment of isolation technique on phenotype and function. J Immunol. 2004;173:4875-81 pubmed..Therefore, lung DC phenotype and function must be interpreted relative to the technique used for isolation. ..
- Zhang X, He Y, Liu S, Yu Z, Jiang Z, Yang Z, et al. Salicylic acid based small molecule inhibitor for the oncogenic Src homology-2 domain containing protein tyrosine phosphatase-2 (SHP2). J Med Chem. 2010;53:2482-93 pubmed publisher..X-ray crystallographic analysis of the structure of SHP2 in complex with 9 reveals molecular determinants that can be exploited for the acquisition of more potent and selective SHP2 inhibitors. ..
- Dodart J, Bales K, Johnstone E, Little S, Paul S. Apolipoprotein E alters the processing of the beta-amyloid precursor protein in APP(V717F) transgenic mice. Brain Res. 2002;955:191-9 pubmed..Taken together, these data support a role for apoE in APP processing in vivo. ..
- Zhang Q, Sitzman L, Al Hassani M, Cai S, Pollok K, Travers J, et al. Involvement of platelet-activating factor in ultraviolet B-induced hyperalgesia. J Invest Dermatol. 2009;129:167-74 pubmed publisher..Further investigation of the role of PAF-R signaling in UVB-induced hyperalgesia could provide better understanding of the pathological processes initiated by UVB-induced skin damage. ..
- Novotny N, Markel T, Crisostomo P, Meldrum D. Differential IL-6 and VEGF secretion in adult and neonatal mesenchymal stem cells: role of NFkB. Cytokine. 2008;43:215-9 pubmed publisher..VEGF and IL-6 secretion in aBMSCs is dependent on the classic NFkB pathway. However, neonatal BMSC VEGF and IL-6 secretion is stimulant-specific and utilization of the NFkB pathway is more complex. ..
- Yang Z, Li Y, Yin F, Chan R. Activating PTPN11 mutants promote hematopoietic progenitor cell-cycle progression and survival. Exp Hematol. 2008;36:1285-96 pubmed publisher....
- Wade T, Mathur A, Lu D, Swartz Basile D, Pitt H, Zyromski N. Adiponectin receptor-1 expression is decreased in the pancreas of obese mice. J Surg Res. 2009;154:78-84 pubmed publisher..Adiponectin acts through two receptors, AdipoR1 and AdipoR2; no data are currently available regarding adiponection receptor expression in the obese murine pancreas...
- Kernek K, Trofatter J, Mayeda A, Hofstetter J. A locus for circadian period of locomotor activity on mouse proximal chromosome 3. Chronobiol Int. 2004;21:343-52 pubmed..Future studies will focus on identifying the gene influencing period. ..
- O Malley J, Sehra S, Thieu V, Yu Q, Chang H, Stritesky G, et al. Signal transducer and activator of transcription 4 limits the development of adaptive regulatory T cells. Immunology. 2009;127:587-95 pubmed publisher..Overall, these results suggest an important role for STAT4 in regulating Treg-cell development. ..
- Li W, Sofi M, Wei D, Du W, Gervay Hague J, Renukaradhya G, et al. MHC class II-expressing thymocytes suppress invariant NKT cell development. Immunol Cell Biol. 2009;87:186-9 pubmed publisher..Our observations have significant implications for human iNKT cell development as human thymocytes express MHC class II, which can lead to an inefficient selection of iNKT cells. ..
- Yang F, Ingram D, Chen S, Zhu Y, Yuan J, Li X, et al. Nf1-dependent tumors require a microenvironment containing Nf1+/-- and c-kit-dependent bone marrow. Cell. 2008;135:437-48 pubmed publisher..Further, genetic or pharmacologic attenuation of c-kit signaling in Nf1+/- hematopoietic cells diminishes neurofibroma initiation and progression. Finally, these studies implicate mast cells as critical mediators of tumor initiation. ..
- Saadatzadeh M, Bijangi Vishehsaraei K, Kapur R, Haneline L. Distinct roles of stress-activated protein kinases in Fanconi anemia-type C-deficient hematopoiesis. Blood. 2009;113:2655-60 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data suggest that p38 MAPK, but not JNK, has a critical role in maintaining the engraftment of Fancc(-/-)-reconstituting cells under conditions of stress. ..
- Joshi M, Jeoung N, Obayashi M, Hattab E, Brocken E, Liechty E, et al. Impaired growth and neurological abnormalities in branched-chain alpha-keto acid dehydrogenase kinase-deficient mice. Biochem J. 2006;400:153-62 pubmed..The phenotype of the BDK-/- mice demonstrates the importance of tight regulation of oxidative disposal of BCAAs for normal growth and neurological function. ..
- Cao J, Hawkins E, Brozinick J, Liu X, Zhang H, Burn P, et al. A predominant role of acyl-CoA:monoacylglycerol acyltransferase-2 in dietary fat absorption implicated by tissue distribution, subcellular localization, and up-regulation by high fat diet. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:18878-86 pubmed..Taken together, our data suggest a predominant role of MGAT2 in dietary fat absorption. ..
- Castillo A, Alam I, Tanaka S, Levenda J, Li J, Warden S, et al. Low-amplitude, broad-frequency vibration effects on cortical bone formation in mice. Bone. 2006;39:1087-1096 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that low-amplitude, broad-frequency vibration superimposed onto an osteogenic waveform or vibration alone does not enhance cortical bone adaptation at the frequencies, amplitudes and loading periods tested...
- Wang Z, Kusam S, Munugalavadla V, Kapur R, Brutkiewicz R, Dent A. Regulation of Th2 cytokine expression in NKT cells: unconventional use of Stat6, GATA-3, and NFAT2. J Immunol. 2006;176:880-8 pubmed..Thus, NFAT2, GATA-3, and Stat6 have surprisingly different roles in NKT cells than in conventional T cells. We propose that one mechanism by which CD4+ NKT cells express IL-4 independent of Stat6 is via increased NFAT2 activity. ..
- Lin Y, Roberts T, Spence P, Brutkiewicz R. Reduction in CD1d expression on dendritic cells and macrophages by an acute virus infection. J Leukoc Biol. 2005;77:151-8 pubmed..Thus, one consequence of the induction of a cellular immune response is a change in CD1d expression, which may constitute a key element in regulating antiviral immunity. ..
- Degroot A, Salhoff C, Davis R, Nomikos G. Genetic deletion of CB1 receptors improves non-associative learning. Behav Brain Res. 2005;162:161-4 pubmed..We conclude that CB1 receptor gene invalidation improves habituation tentatively through an increase in cholinergic neurotransmission. ..
- Linden A, Shannon H, Baez M, Yu J, Koester A, Schoepp D. Anxiolytic-like activity of the mGLU2/3 receptor agonist LY354740 in the elevated plus maze test is disrupted in metabotropic glutamate receptor 2 and 3 knock-out mice. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2005;179:284-91 pubmed....
- Theodorakis N, Wang Y, Wu J, Maluccio M, Sitzmann J, Skill N. Role of endothelial nitric oxide synthase in the development of portal hypertension in the carbon tetrachloride-induced liver fibrosis model. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2009;297:G792-9 pubmed publisher..Consequently, increased portal pressure following chronic CCl(4) exposure is linked to hyperdynamic circulation in wild-type mice and increased hepatic resistance in eNOS(-/-) mice. ..
- Koistinaho M, Lin S, Wu X, Esterman M, Koger D, Hanson J, et al. Apolipoprotein E promotes astrocyte colocalization and degradation of deposited amyloid-beta peptides. Nat Med. 2004;10:719-26 pubmed..Thus, Apoe seems to be important in the degradation and clearance of deposited Abeta species by astrocytes, a process that may be impaired in Alzheimer disease. ..
- Yeh N, Glosson N, Wang N, Guindon L, McKinley C, Hamada H, et al. Tc17 cells are capable of mediating immunity to vaccinia virus by acquisition of a cytotoxic phenotype. J Immunol. 2010;185:2089-98 pubmed publisher..Thus, Tc17 cells mediate VV clearance through expression of specific molecules associated with cytotoxicity but independent of an acquired Tc1 phenotype. ..
- Yan J, Li F, Ingram D, Quilliam L. Rap1a is a key regulator of fibroblast growth factor 2-induced angiogenesis and together with Rap1b controls human endothelial cell functions. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:5803-10 pubmed publisher..These observations place Rap1 centrally in the human angiogenic process and suggest that both the Rap1a and Rap1b proteins are required for angiogenesis and that Rap1 is a critical mediator of FGF-induced ERK activation. ..
- Sadat M, Pech N, Saulnier S, Leroy B, Hossle J, Grez M, et al. Long-term high-level reconstitution of NADPH oxidase activity in murine X-linked chronic granulomatous disease using a bicistronic vector expressing gp91phox and a Delta LNGFR cell surface marker. Hum Gene Ther. 2003;14:651-66 pubmed..No obvious adverse consequences of transgenic protein expression were observed. ..
- Chang H, Han L, Jabeen R, Carotta S, Nutt S, Kaplan M. PU.1 regulates TCR expression by modulating GATA-3 activity. J Immunol. 2009;183:4887-94 pubmed publisher..Thus, we have identified a mechanism whereby increased GATA-3 function in the absence of the antagonizing activity of PU.1 leads to increased TCR expression, a reduced activation threshold, and increased homogeneity in Th2 populations. ..
- Bani Hani A, Leslie J, Asanuma H, Dinarello C, Campbell M, Meldrum D, et al. IL-18 neutralization ameliorates obstruction-induced epithelial-mesenchymal transition and renal fibrosis. Kidney Int. 2009;76:500-11 pubmed publisher..Our study demonstrates that IL-18 is a significant mediator of obstruction-induced renal fibrosis and epithelial- mesenchymal transition independent of downstream TGF-beta1 or TNF-alpha production. ..
- Kwon B, Weissman S. cDNA sequences of two inducible T-cell genes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1989;86:1963-7 pubmed..Both peptides contain putative leader sequences. The protein encoded by 4-1BB also has a potential membrane anchor segment and other features also seen in known receptor proteins. ..
- Zhang X, Rowan S, Yue Y, Heaney S, Pan Y, Brendolan A, et al. Pax6 is regulated by Meis and Pbx homeoproteins during pancreatic development. Dev Biol. 2006;300:748-57 pubmed..As Meis homeoproteins have been previously demonstrated to regulate Pax6 expression during lens development, these results suggest a conserved mechanism of Pax6 regulation by Meis homeoproteins in two different organs. ..
- Thieu V, Nguyen E, McCarthy B, Bruns H, Kapur R, Chang C, et al. IL-4-stimulated NF-kappaB activity is required for Stat6 DNA binding. J Leukoc Biol. 2007;82:370-9 pubmed..These results describe a novel role for NF-kappaB in IL-4-induced signaling and gene expression. ..
- Pelus L, Fukuda S. Chemokine-mobilized adult stem cells; defining a better hematopoietic graft. Leukemia. 2008;22:466-73 pubmed..It remains to be determined if the chemokine mobilization axis can be harnessed to mobilize other populations of unique adult stem cells with clinical utility...