Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in West Lafayette, Indiana, United States
Locale: West Lafayette, Indiana, United States
Publications673 found, 100 shown here
- Conda Sheridan M, Park E, Beck D, Reddy P, Nguyen T, Hu B, et al. Design, synthesis, and biological evaluation of indenoisoquinoline rexinoids with chemopreventive potential. J Med Chem. 2013;56:2581-605 pubmed publisher..This work establishes a structural foundation for the design of new and novel rexinoid cancer chemopreventive agents. ..
- Zhang H, Griggs A, Rochet J, Stanciu L. In vitro study of ?-synuclein protofibrils by cryo-EM suggests a Cu(2+)-dependent aggregation pathway. Biophys J. 2013;104:2706-13 pubmed publisher..In turn, this information would enable the development of additional therapeutic strategies aimed at suppressing toxic protofibrils of amyloid proteins involved in neurological disorders. ..
- Xu M, Thomas P, Umberson D. Marital Quality and Cognitive Limitations in Late Life. J Gerontol B Psychol Sci Soc Sci. 2016;71:165-76 pubmed publisher..The discussion highlights possible explanations for the apparent protective effect of negative marital experiences for older adults' cognitive health over time, regardless of gender. ..
- Light M, Miller T, Kelly B. Undocumented Immigration, Drug Problems, and Driving Under the Influence in the United States, 1990-2014. Am J Public Health. 2017;107:1448-1454 pubmed publisher..This study provides evidence that undocumented immigration has not increased the prevalence of drug or alcohol problems, but may be associated with reductions in these public health concerns. ..
- Schneuwly S, Shortridge R, Larrivee D, Ono T, Ozaki M, Pak W. Drosophila ninaA gene encodes an eye-specific cyclophilin (cyclosporine A binding protein). Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1989;86:5390-4 pubmed..The above results and the recent findings that cyclophilin is a peptidylprolyl cis-trans-isomerase suggest that the ninaA-encoded protein may be required for proper folding and stability of R1-6 rhodopsin. ..
- Dai S, Morre D, Geilen C, Almond Roesler B, Orfanos C, Morre D. Inhibition of plasma membrane NADH oxidase activity and growth of HeLa cells by natural and synthetic retinoids. Mol Cell Biochem. 1997;166:101-9 pubmed..The possibility is suggested that inhibition of the plasma membrane NADH oxidase activity by retinoids may be related to their mechanism of inhibition of growth of HeLa cells in culture. ..
- Murray M, Morrow D, Weiner M, Clark D, Tu W, Deer M, et al. A conceptual framework to study medication adherence in older adults. Am J Geriatr Pharmacother. 2004;2:36-43 pubmed
- Chaudhry F, Guerin C, von Witsch M, Blanchoin L, Staiger C. Identification of Arabidopsis cyclase-associated protein 1 as the first nucleotide exchange factor for plant actin. Mol Biol Cell. 2007;18:3002-14 pubmed..Collectively, these results and our understanding of other actin-binding proteins implicate CAP1 as a central player in regulating the pool of unpolymerized ATP-actin. ..
- Hem S, HogenEsch H. Relationship between physical and chemical properties of aluminum-containing adjuvants and immunopotentiation. Expert Rev Vaccines. 2007;6:685-98 pubmed
- Tamer G, Luh W, Talavage T. Characterizing response to elemental unit of acoustic imaging noise: an FMRI study. IEEE Trans Biomed Eng. 2009;56:1919-28 pubmed publisher..29% (right) to 0.48% (left) signal change from baseline, peaks between 3 and 5 s after stimulus presentation, and returns to baseline and remains within the noise range approximately 8 s after stimulus presentation. ..
- Moustafa D, Garg V, Jain N, Sriranganathan N, Vemulapalli R. Immunization of mice with gamma-irradiated Brucella neotomae and its recombinant strains induces protection against virulent B. abortus, B. melitensis, and B. suis challenge. Vaccine. 2011;29:784-94 pubmed publisher..abortus 2308, B. melitensis 16 M, and B. suis 1330. These results demonstrate that the avirulent B. neotomae is a promising platform for developing a safe and effective vaccine for human brucellosis...
- Paderi J, Stuart K, Sturek M, Park K, Panitch A. The inhibition of platelet adhesion and activation on collagen during balloon angioplasty by collagen-binding peptidoglycans. Biomaterials. 2011;32:2516-23 pubmed publisher..It can be used during angioplasty to prevent platelet deposition on target vessels and could be used in any vessel, including those not amenable to stent deployment. ..
- Tang J, Wang J, Parker L. Detection of early Abl kinase activation after ionizing radiation by using a peptide biosensor. Chembiochem. 2012;13:665-73 pubmed publisher..These results support the concept of early Abl recruitment by both the ATM and the DNAPK pathways to regulate nuclear events triggered by DNA damage and potentially communicate them to proteins in the cytoplasm. ..
- Wei S, Liu L, Zhang J, Bowers J, Gowda G, Seeger H, et al. Metabolomics approach for predicting response to neoadjuvant chemotherapy for breast cancer. Mol Oncol. 2013;7:297-307 pubmed publisher..These results show promise for larger studies that could result in more personalized treatment protocols for breast cancer patients. ..
- Fong S, Bridges C. Internal quadruplication in the structure of human interstitial retinol-binding protein deduced from its cloned cDNA. J Biol Chem. 1988;263:15330-4 pubmed..From the degree of identity between the bovine and human sequences, it is possible that IRBP evolved by several gene duplications that occurred 600-800 million years ago, before the emergence of the vertebrates. ..
- Pathan N, Geahlen R, Harrison M. The protein-tyrosine kinase Lck associates with and is phosphorylated by Cdc2. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:27517-23 pubmed..These results demonstrate that at mitosis, Cdc2 associates with and phosphorylates Lck. ..
- Kishi T, Morre D, Morre D. The plasma membrane NADH oxidase of HeLa cells has hydroquinone oxidase activity. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1999;1412:66-77 pubmed
- Kelker M, Kim C, Chueh P, Guimont R, Morre D, Morre D. Cancer isoform of a tumor-associated cell surface NADH oxidase (tNOX) has properties of a prion. Biochemistry. 2001;40:7351-4 pubmed..This property, that of converting the normal form of a protein into a likeness of itself, is one of the defining characteristics of the group of proteins designated as prions. ..
- Hawash I, Hu X, Adal A, Cassady J, Geahlen R, Harrison M. The oxygen-substituted palmitic acid analogue, 13-oxypalmitic acid, inhibits Lck localization to lipid rafts and T cell signaling. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2002;1589:140-50 pubmed..In conclusion, the less hydrophobic analogue of palmitate, 13-OP, alters the normal acylation of Lck that provides Lck with the necessary hydrophobicity and tight packing order required for inclusion in lipid rafts. ..
- Cumbay M, Watts V. Galphaq potentiation of adenylate cyclase type 9 activity through a Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent pathway. Biochem Pharmacol. 2005;69:1247-56 pubmed..This data provides evidence for Ca2+-mediated potentiation of AC9 activity. ..
- Cuendet M, Mesecar A, DeWitt D, Pezzuto J. An ELISA method to measure inhibition of the COX enzymes. Nat Protoc. 2006;1:1915-21 pubmed..This protocol can be completed in approximately 23 h, including 16-h and 4-h incubation phases. This does not include enzyme preparation (3 h for COX-1 and 24 h for COX-2) or preparation of ELISA plates (23 h, including incubation). ..
- Mahmoud B, Vaidya N, Corvalan C, Linton R. Inactivation kinetics of inoculated Escherichia coli O157:H7, Listeria monocytogenes and Salmonella Poona on whole cantaloupe by chlorine dioxide gas. Food Microbiol. 2008;25:857-65 pubmed publisher..Treatment with ClO(2) gas did not significantly (p>0.05) affect the color of whole cantaloupe and extended the shelf life to 9 days compared to 3 days for the untreated control, when stored at ambient temperature (22 degrees C). ..
- Coen P, Flynn M, Markofski M, Pence B, Hannemann R. Adding exercise training to rosuvastatin treatment: influence on serum lipids and biomarkers of muscle and liver damage. Metabolism. 2009;58:1030-8 pubmed publisher..The addition of an exercise training program resulted in a further decrease in oxLDL. There was no abnormal sustained increase in CK or reports of myalgia after the addition of exercise training to rosuvastatin treatment. ..
- Placzek E, Plebanek M, Lipchik A, Kidd S, Parker L. A peptide biosensor for detecting intracellular Abl kinase activity using matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization time-of-flight mass spectrometry. Anal Biochem. 2010;397:73-8 pubmed publisher..This straightforward methodology could eventually provide a new tool for detecting kinase activity and inhibitor drug response in cancer cells that overexpress oncogenic kinases. ..
- ..Seed corn with traits that help control insects and weeds has been widely adopted by U.S. farmers. Genetically engineered enzymes have reduced ethanol production costs and increased conversion efficiency. ..
- Dong C, Irudayaraj J. Hydrodynamic size-dependent cellular uptake of aqueous QDs probed by fluorescence correlation spectroscopy. J Phys Chem B. 2012;116:12125-32 pubmed publisher..More critically, we show that the cellular uptake of aqueous QDs is dependent on their hydrodynamic diameter and might have the potential to escape trapped environments to accumulate in the cytoplasm. ..
- Swithers S. Artificial sweeteners produce the counterintuitive effect of inducing metabolic derangements. Trends Endocrinol Metab. 2013;24:431-41 pubmed publisher..Because of this interference, frequent consumption of high-intensity sweeteners may have the counterintuitive effect of inducing metabolic derangements. ..
- Trujillo C, Anderson T, Pelaez N. An instructional design process based on expert knowledge for teaching students how mechanisms are explained. Adv Physiol Educ. 2016;40:265-73 pubmed publisher..Our four-stage process could be adapted to advance instruction with a range of models in the life sciences. ..
- Wo Y, McCormack A, Shabanowitz J, Hunt D, Davis J, Mitchell G, et al. Sequencing, cloning, and expression of human red cell-type acid phosphatase, a cytoplasmic phosphotyrosyl protein phosphatase. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:10856-65 pubmed..It is concluded that HCPTP-A and -B are the fast and slow forms of red cell acid phosphatase, respectively, and that this enzyme is not unique to the red cell but is instead expressed in all human tissues. ..
- Sinha S, Rappu P, Lange S, Mantsala P, Zalkin H, Smith J. Crystal structure of Bacillus subtilis YabJ, a purine regulatory protein and member of the highly conserved YjgF family. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:13074-9 pubmed..This conserved site is proposed to be a binding or catalytic site for a ligand or substrate that is common to YabJ and other members of the YER057c/YjgF/UK114 family of proteins. ..
- Neilson A, George J, Janle E, Mattes R, Rudolph R, Matusheski N, et al. Influence of chocolate matrix composition on cocoa flavan-3-ol bioaccessibility in vitro and bioavailability in humans. J Agric Food Chem. 2009;57:9418-26 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that bioavailability of cocoa flavan-3-ols is likely similar from typical commercial cocoa based foods and beverages, but that the physical form and sucrose content may influence T(MAX) and C(MAX). ..
- Jiang Y, Zheng W, Teegarden D. 1?, 25-Dihydroxyvitamin D regulates hypoxia-inducible factor-1? in untransformed and Harvey-ras transfected breast epithelial cells. Cancer Lett. 2010;298:159-66 pubmed publisher..These results support that 1,25(OH)(2)D regulates HIF-1? protein level via transcriptional regulation in MCF10A cells in contrast to through proteosomal degradation with the presence of H-ras oncogene in MCF10A cells. ..
- Grafton M, Wang L, Vidi P, Leary J, LELIEVRE S. Breast on-a-chip: mimicry of the channeling system of the breast for development of theranostics. Integr Biol (Camb). 2011;3:451-9 pubmed publisher..This breast-on-chip model represents a critical step towards the mimicry of the tree-like ductal system of the breast for further testing and targeting of SMPs. ..
- Koo O, Amalaradjou M, Bhunia A. Recombinant probiotic expressing Listeria adhesion protein attenuates Listeria monocytogenes virulence in vitro. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e29277 pubmed publisher..monocytogenes by interacting with host cell receptor Hsp60, thereby protecting cells from infection. These data show promise for the use of recombinant probiotics in preventing L. monocytogenes infection in high-risk populations. ..
- Dickson B, Huang H, Post C. Unrestrained computation of free energy along a path. J Phys Chem B. 2012;116:11046-55 pubmed publisher..The method is shown to be efficient and robust in the case of rugged, free-energy landscapes. ..
- Ghosh A, Pandey S, Gangarajula S, Kulkarni S, Xu X, Rao K, et al. Structure-based design, synthesis, and biological evaluation of dihydroquinazoline-derived potent β-secretase inhibitors. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2012;22:5460-5 pubmed publisher..A model of 4f was created based upon the X-ray structure of 3a-bound β-secretase. The model suggested possible interactions in the active site. ..
- Nuti L, Lawley M, Turkcan A, Tian Z, Zhang L, Chang K, et al. No-shows to primary care appointments: subsequent acute care utilization among diabetic patients. BMC Health Serv Res. 2012;12:304 pubmed publisher..No-show to a primary care appointment is associated with increased risk for hospital admission among diabetics recently hospitalized. ..
- Kerr D, Harray A, Pollard C, Dhaliwal S, Delp E, Howat P, et al. The connecting health and technology study: a 6-month randomized controlled trial to improve nutrition behaviours using a mobile food record and text messaging support in young adults. Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act. 2016;13:52 pubmed publisher..Australian Clinical Trials Registry Registration number: ACTRN12612000250831 . ..
- Pak W. Drosophila in vision research. The Friedenwald Lecture. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 1995;36:2340-57 pubmed
- Dumas J, LaFreniere P, Serketich W. "Balance of power": a transactional analysis of control in mother-child dyads involving socially competent, aggressive, and anxious children. J Abnorm Psychol. 1995;104:104-13 pubmed..Results show that young children are active agents who influence and are influenced by their relationship with their mother and who behave--across contexts and with different social partners--in ways that reflect this relationship. ..
- Morre D, Sedlak D, Tang X, Chueh P, Geng T, Morre D. Surface NADH oxidase of HeLa cells lacks intrinsic membrane binding motifs. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2001;392:251-6 pubmed..Release was unaffected by protease inhibitors or divalent ions and was not accelerated by addition of cathepsin D. The findings suggest dissociable receptor binding as a possible basis for their plasma membrane association. ..
- Diop N, Hrycyna C. N-Linked glycosylation of the human ABC transporter ABCG2 on asparagine 596 is not essential for expression, transport activity, or trafficking to the plasma membrane. Biochemistry. 2005;44:5420-9 pubmed
- He W, Kularatne S, Kalli K, Prendergast F, Amato R, Klee G, et al. Quantitation of circulating tumor cells in blood samples from ovarian and prostate cancer patients using tumor-specific fluorescent ligands. Int J Cancer. 2008;123:1968-73 pubmed publisher..Use of tumor-specific fluorescent ligands to label CTCs in peripheral blood can provide a simple, accurate and sensitive method for determining the number of cancer cells circulating in the bloodstream. ..
- Torres Altoro M, Kuntz C, Nichols D, Barker E. Structural analysis of the extracellular entrance to the serotonin transporter permeation pathway. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:15369-79 pubmed publisher..Our studies suggest that substrate and ligand binding may induce conformational shifts in TMH I and/or VI, providing new opportunities to refine existing homology models of SERT and related monoamine transporters. ..
- Tang X, Chueh P, Jiang Z, Layman S, Martin B, Kim C, et al. Essential role of copper in the activity and regular periodicity of a recombinant, tumor-associated, cell surface, growth-related and time-keeping hydroquinone (NADH) oxidase with protein disulfide-thiol interchange activity (ENOX2). J Bioenerg Biomembr. 2010;42:355-60 pubmed publisher..Bound copper emerges as having an essential role in ENOX2 both for enzymatic activity and for the structural changes that underly the periodic alternations in activity that define the time-keeping cycle of the protein. ..
- Bell J, Chen D, Bahls M, Newcomer S. Evidence for greater burden of peripheral arterial disease in lower extremity arteries of spinal cord-injured individuals. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2011;301:H766-72 pubmed publisher..These findings should prompt physicians to consider using the ABI as a screening method to detect lower-extremity PAD in SCI...
- Morton P, Schafer M, Ferraro K. Does childhood misfortune increase cancer risk in adulthood?. J Aging Health. 2012;24:948-84 pubmed publisher..Additive childhood misfortune predicted cancer for men only, whereas child abuse by parent of the same sex predicted cancer for men and women. ..
- Buczkowski G, Richmond D. The effect of urbanization on ant abundance and diversity: a temporal examination of factors affecting biodiversity. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e41729 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results address a critical gap in our knowledge by characterizing the short- and long-term the effects of urbanization on the loss of ant biodiversity. ..
- Dhital S, Lin A, Hamaker B, Gidley M, Muniandy A. Mammalian mucosal ?-glucosidases coordinate with ?-amylase in the initial starch hydrolysis stage to have a role in starch digestion beyond glucogenesis. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e62546 pubmed publisher..Thus, mucosal ?-glucosidases can have a synergistic effect with ?-amylase on granular starch digestion, consistent with a role in overall starch digestion beyond their primary glucogenesis function. ..
- Weaver C, Alexander D, Boushey C, Dawson Hughes B, Lappe J, LeBoff M, et al. Calcium plus vitamin D supplementation and risk of fractures: an updated meta-analysis from the National Osteoporosis Foundation. Osteoporos Int. 2016;27:367-76 pubmed publisher..This meta-analysis of RCTs supports the use of calcium plus vitamin D supplements as an intervention for fracture risk reduction in both community-dwelling and institutionalized middle-aged to older adults. ..
- Yokoi H, Ohki T, Kichikawa K, Nakamura M, Komori K, Nanto S, et al. Zilver PTX Post-Market Surveillance Study of Paclitaxel-Eluting Stents for Treating Femoropopliteal Artery Disease in Japan: 12-Month Results. JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2016;9:271-277 pubmed publisher..ZilverÂ PTXÂ Post-Market Study in Japan; NCT02254837). ..
- Zhang Y, Babin J, Feldhaus A, Singh H, Sharp P, Bina M. HTF4: a new human helix-loop-helix protein. Nucleic Acids Res. 1991;19:4555 pubmed
- Francis G. Cortical dynamics of visual persistence and temporal integration. Percept Psychophys. 1996;58:1203-12 pubmed..The model suggests that different mechanisms underlie the inverse duration effects for leading and for trailing elements. The model further predicts interactions of spatial separation, duration, and luminance of the trailing display. ..
- Qualls M, Thompson D. Chloroaluminum phthalocyanine tetrasulfonate delivered via acid-labile diplasmenylcholine-folate liposomes: intracellular localization and synergistic phototoxicity. Int J Cancer. 2001;93:384-92 pubmed
- Curtis J, Sorensen R, Minchella D. Schistosome genetic diversity: the implications of population structure as detected with microsatellite markers. Parasitology. 2002;125 Suppl:S51-9 pubmed..Finally, we discuss the implications that such strong population structure might have on schistosome epidemiology. ..
- Mukhopadhyay A, Ni L, Weiner H. A co-translational model to explain the in vivo import of proteins into HeLa cell mitochondria. Biochem J. 2004;382:385-92 pubmed..A model is proposed to explain how competition between binding factors could influence whether or not a cytosolic carrier protein, such as DHFR, uses the co- or post-translational import pathway. ..
- Geng C, Pellegrino A, Bowman J, Zhu L, Pak W. Complete RNAi rescue of neuronal degeneration in a constitutively active Drosophila TRP channel mutant. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2004;1674:91-7 pubmed..The reduction need not be complete, suggesting that rescue of degeneration may be possible with minimal side effects arising from overdepletion of the target protein. ..
- Boudreaux D, Maiti T, Davies C, Das C. Ubiquitin vinyl methyl ester binding orients the misaligned active site of the ubiquitin hydrolase UCHL1 into productive conformation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:9117-22 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the activity of UCHL1 may be regulated by its own substrate. ..
- Lv W, Liu J, Lu D, Flockhart D, Cushman M. Synthesis of mixed (E,Z)-, (E)-, and (Z)-norendoxifen with dual aromatase inhibitory and estrogen receptor modulatory activities. J Med Chem. 2013;56:4611-8 pubmed publisher..The affinities of both isomers for aromatase and the estrogen receptors, as well as the pharmacokinetic results, support the further development of norendoxifen and its analogues for breast cancer treatment. ..
- Huang R, Oh H, Arrendale A, Martin V, Galan J, Workman E, et al. Intracellular targets for a phosphotyrosine peptidomimetic include the mitotic kinesin, MCAK. Biochem Pharmacol. 2013;86:597-611 pubmed publisher..Accordingly, the effects of the prodrug on the assembly of the mitotic spindle and alignment of chromosomes were consistent with the identification of MCAK as an important intracellular target. ..
- Vidi P, Liu J, Salles D, Jayaraman S, Dorfman G, Gray M, et al. NuMA promotes homologous recombination repair by regulating the accumulation of the ISWI ATPase SNF2h at DNA breaks. Nucleic Acids Res. 2014;42:6365-79 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal a structural basis for the orchestration of chromatin remodeling whereby a scaffold protein promotes genome maintenance by directing a remodeler to DNA breaks. ..
- Kline K, Mattson M. Breast self-examination pamphlets: a content analysis grounded in fear appeal research. Health Commun. 2000;12:1-21 pubmed..We contrasted these messages against the relatively strong mammography arguments contained in these pamphlets. We then provided recommendations for formulating stronger persuasive arguments in BSE promotional materials. ..
- Ren D, Penner N, Slentz B, Mirzaei H, Regnier F. Evaluating immobilized metal affinity chromatography for the selection of histidine-containing peptides in comparative proteomics. J Proteome Res. 2003;2:321-9 pubmed..Although the selection of N-terminally derivatized peptides is biased toward peptides that contain more than one histidine, it is not yet possible to predict selectivity. ..
- Sato M, Sambito M, Aslani A, Kalkhoran N, Slamovich E, Webster T. Increased osteoblast functions on undoped and yttrium-doped nanocrystalline hydroxyapatite coatings on titanium. Biomaterials. 2006;27:2358-69 pubmed..These results encourage further studies on nanocrystalline IonTite HA coatings on titanium for improved orthopedic applications...
- Boushey C, Harris J, Bruemmer B, Archer S, Van Horn L. Publishing nutrition research: a review of study design, statistical analyses, and other key elements of manuscript preparation, Part 1. J Am Diet Assoc. 2006;106:89-96 pubmed..Real examples from published literature are provided, as well as references to books and online resources. ..
- Abraham S, Knapp D, Cheng L, Snyder P, Mittal S, Bangari D, et al. Expression of EphA2 and Ephrin A-1 in carcinoma of the urinary bladder. Clin Cancer Res. 2006;12:353-60 pubmed..04) and T(a) and T(3)-T(4) stages (P < 0.0001). Adenovirus delivery of Ephrin A-1 inhibited proliferation of TCCSUP cells. EphA2 may serve as a novel target for bladder cancer therapy. ..
- Takasuka T, Cioffi A, Stein A. Sequence information encoded in DNA that may influence long-range chromatin structure correlates with human chromosome functions. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e2643 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that a specific set of periodic DNA motifs encoded in genomic DNA, which provide signals for chromatin organization, influence human chromosome function. ..
- Jung K, Cho W, Regnier F. Glycoproteomics of plasma based on narrow selectivity lectin affinity chromatography. J Proteome Res. 2009;8:643-50 pubmed publisher..Although the number of cancer patients examined was too small to validate cancer marker candidates, they are clearly worth examining in a larger, more diverse patient population. ..
- Gowda G. Human bile as a rich source of biomarkers for hepatopancreatobiliary cancers. Biomark Med. 2010;4:299-314 pubmed publisher..This article reviews the current status and potential applications of human bile as a source of biomarkers, with emphasis on metabolites, for early detection of cancers associated with the hepatopancreatobiliary system...
- Brentari D, Gonzalez C, Seidl A, Wilbur R. Sensitivity to visual prosodic cues in signers and nonsigners. Lang Speech. 2011;54:49-72 pubmed..This work is useful in understanding the gestural competence of nonsigners and the ways in which this type of competence may contribute to the grammaticalization of these properties in a sign language. ..
- Robison G, Zakharova T, Fu S, Jiang W, Fulper R, BARREA R, et al. X-ray fluorescence imaging: a new tool for studying manganese neurotoxicity. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e48899 pubmed publisher..The obtained data is the first demonstration of Mn accumulation in the substantia nigra pars compacta, and thus, can represent a link between Mn exposure and its potential effects for development of Parkinson's disease. ..
- Ejendal K, Conley J, Hu C, Watts V. Bimolecular fluorescence complementation analysis of G protein-coupled receptor dimerization in living cells. Methods Enzymol. 2013;521:259-79 pubmed publisher..The basic methods for applying BiFC and mBiFC to study GPCRs in living cells are the subject of the present chapter. ..
- Liang H, Studach L, Hullinger R, Xie J, Andrisani O. Down-regulation of RE-1 silencing transcription factor (REST) in advanced prostate cancer by hypoxia-induced miR-106b~25. Exp Cell Res. 2014;320:188-99 pubmed publisher..We propose that loss of REST and induction of this set of microRNAs can serve as potential novel clinical markers of advanced PCa. ..
- Han Y, Cui Z, Li Y, Hsu W, Lee B. In Vitro and in Vivo Anticancer Activity of Pardaxin against Proliferation and Growth of Oral Squamous Cell Carcinoma. Mar Drugs. 2015;14:2 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that pardaxin is a potential marine drug for adjuvant chemotherapy for human OSCC and oral cancer. ..
- Cushman M, Jayaraman M, Vroman J, Fukunaga A, Fox B, Kohlhagen G, et al. Synthesis of new indeno[1,2-c]isoquinolines: cytotoxic non-camptothecin topoisomerase I inhibitors. J Med Chem. 2000;43:3688-98 pubmed..Consistent with intercalation, compound 18c did unwind DNA. ..
- Alvarez Venegas R, Avramova Z. SET-domain proteins of the Su(var)3-9, E(z) and trithorax families. Gene. 2002;285:25-37 pubmed..The architecture of the entire protein supported the distribution pattern built upon SET-domain similarity. Parallel cladistic and protein-architecture analyses outlined two plausible criteria for predicting function...
- Wright L, Tomlinson N, Dy L. Antibiotic-associated maculopapular reaction. Ann Pharmacother. 2002;36:1969 pubmed
- Chen S, Ji M, Paris M, Hullinger R, Andrisani O. The cAMP pathway regulates both transcription and activity of the paired homeobox transcription factor Phox2a required for development of neural crest-derived and central nervous system-derived catecholaminergic neurons. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:41025-36 pubmed..These results provide the first mechanistic understanding of how moderate activation of the cAMP pathway in synergy with BMP2 promotes sympathoadrenal lineage development. ..
- Li M, Ong S, Rajwa B, Thieu V, Geahlen R, Harrison M. The SH3 domain of Lck modulates T-cell receptor-dependent activation of extracellular signal-regulated kinase through activation of Raf-1. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:630-41 pubmed..Our results support a model where under conditions of weak stimulation through the TCR, in addition to activated Ras, Golgi apparatus-localized Lck is needed for the full activation of Raf-1. ..
- Ghosh A, Gemma S, Simoni E, Baldridge A, Walters D, Ide K, et al. Synthesis and biological evaluation of novel allophenylnorstatine-based HIV-1 protease inhibitors incorporating high affinity P2-ligands. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2010;20:1241-6 pubmed publisher..Inhibitors 3b and 3c, containing conformationally constrained cyclic ethers, displayed impressive enzymatic and antiviral properties and represent promising lead compounds for further optimization. ..