Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
Locale: Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
Publications1102 found, 100 shown here
- Tobin M, Peery R, Skatrud P. Genes encoding multiple drug resistance-like proteins in Aspergillus fumigatus and Aspergillus flavus. Gene. 1997;200:11-23 pubmed..Expression of AFUMDR1 in S. cerevisiae conferred increased resistance to the antifungal agent cilofungin (LY121019), an echinocandin B analog. ..
- Beck S, Foster R, Bihrle R, Koch M, Wahle G, Donohue J. Aortic replacement during post-chemotherapy retroperitoneal lymph node dissection. J Urol. 2001;165:1517-20 pubmed..Overall 33% of the patients have no evidence of disease. There were no graft related complications. Aortic resection at post-chemotherapy retroperitoneal lymph node dissection is justified based on therapeutic benefit and morbidity. ..
- Meehan K, Wang H, David S, Nisivoccia J, Jones B, Beasley C, et al. Comparison of rapidly acting intramuscular olanzapine, lorazepam, and placebo: a double-blind, randomized study in acutely agitated patients with dementia. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2002;26:494-504 pubmed..Intramuscular injection of olanzapine may therefore provide substantial benefit in rapidly treating inpatients with acute dementia-related agitation. ..
- Yaden B, Savage J, Hunter C, Rhodes S. DNA recognition properties of the LHX3b LIM homeodomain transcription factor. Mol Biol Rep. 2005;32:1-6 pubmed..We conclude that the amino terminal repression domain of LHX3b mostly acts to reduce the transcriptional potency of LHX3 by inhibiting the DNA binding affinity of the homeodomain, with some reduction in DNA binding specificity. ..
- Tu Z, Prajapati S, Park K, Kelly N, Yamamoto Y, Gaynor R. IKK alpha regulates estrogen-induced cell cycle progression by modulating E2F1 expression. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:6699-706 pubmed..Taken together, these data suggest a novel mechanism by which IKKalpha can influence estrogen-mediated cell cycle progression through its regulation of E2F1. ..
- Jedinak A, Sliva D. Pleurotus ostreatus inhibits proliferation of human breast and colon cancer cells through p53-dependent as well as p53-independent pathway. Int J Oncol. 2008;33:1307-13 pubmed..In conclusion, our results indicated that the edible oyster mushroom has potential therapeutic/preventive effects on breast and colon cancer. ..
- Shapiro A, Gruppo R, Pabinger I, Collins P, Hay C, Schroth P, et al. Integrated analysis of safety and efficacy of a plasma- and albumin-free recombinant factor VIII (rAHF-PFM) from six clinical studies in patients with hemophilia A. Expert Opin Biol Ther. 2009;9:273-83 pubmed..These results reinforce the efficacy and safety of rAHF-PFM and suggest that compliance is an essential contributor to the effectiveness of prophylaxis in the treatment of hemophilia A. ..
- Jarecki B, Sheets P, Xiao Y, Jackson J, Cummins T. Alternative splicing of Na(V)1.7 exon 5 increases the impact of the painful PEPD mutant channel I1461T. Channels (Austin). 2009;3:259-67 pubmed
- Paul S, Mytelka D, Dunwiddie C, Persinger C, Munos B, Lindborg S, et al. How to improve R&D productivity: the pharmaceutical industry's grand challenge. Nat Rev Drug Discov. 2010;9:203-14 pubmed publisher..We then propose specific strategies that could have the most substantial impact in improving R&D productivity. ..
- Arrieta A. Health reform and cesarean sections in the private sector: The experience of Peru. Health Policy. 2011;99:124-30 pubmed publisher..Comparable trends in c-section rates have been observed in Latin American countries who implemented similar reforms in their private sector, suggesting a need to rethink the role of private health providers in developing countries. ..
- Badve S, Goswami C, Gokmen Polar Y, Nelson R, Henley J, Miller N, et al. Molecular analysis of thymoma. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e42669 pubmed publisher..A number of potential candidates for therapeutics were also identified...
- Vuppalanchi R, Liang T, Goswami C, Nalamasu R, Li L, Jones D, et al. Relationship between differential hepatic microRNA expression and decreased hepatic cytochrome P450 3A activity in cirrhosis. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e74471 pubmed publisher..43, P=0.08). The strong association between certain miRNAs, notably miR-155, and lower hepatic CYP3A activity suggest that altered miRNA expression may regulate hepatic CYP3A activity. ..
- Lezina L, Purmessur N, Antonov A, Ivanova T, Karpova E, Krishan K, et al. miR-16 and miR-26a target checkpoint kinases Wee1 and Chk1 in response to p53 activation by genotoxic stress. Cell Death Dis. 2013;4:e953 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data provide a novel mechanism whereby p53 represses Chk1 and Wee1 expression, at least partially, via upregulation of miR-16 and miR-26a and thus sensitizes tumour cells to genotoxic therapies. ..
- Knisely M, Fulton J, Friesth B. Perceived importance of teaching characteristics in clinical nurse specialist preceptors. J Prof Nurs. 2015;31:208-14 pubmed publisher..These findings can help CNS faculty and practicing CNSs better prepare and evaluate preceptors for supporting advanced practice students in clinical practicum experiences. ..
- Goodman B, Mannina E, Althouse S, Maluccio M, CÃ¡rdenes H. Long-term safety and efficacy of stereotactic body radiation therapy for hepatic oligometastases. Pract Radiat Oncol. 2016;6:86-95 pubmed publisher..Grade 3 or greater liver toxicity was 4.9%. SBRT is effective for selected patients with hepatic oligometastases with limited toxicities. A phase 3 trial comparing SBRT with "gold-standard" surgical resection is warranted. ..
- Vincentz J, Toolan K, Zhang W, Firulli A. Hand factor ablation causes defective left ventricular chamber development and compromised adult cardiac function. PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1006922 pubmed publisher..Collectively, we conclude that, within a mixed cardiomyocyte population, removal of defective myocardium and replacement with healthy endogenous cardiomyocytes may provide an effective strategy for cardiac repair. ..
- You M, Yu D, Feng G. Shp-2 tyrosine phosphatase functions as a negative regulator of the interferon-stimulated Jak/STAT pathway. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:2416-24 pubmed..We propose that Shp-2 acts to promote cell growth and survival through two mechanisms, i.e., the stimulation of growth factor-initiated mitogenic pathways and the suppression of cytotoxic effect elicited by cytokines, such as IFNs. ..
- Garringer T, Wheat L, Brizendine E. Comparison of an established antibody sandwich method with an inhibition method of Histoplasma capsulatum antigen detection. J Clin Microbiol. 2000;38:2909-13 pubmed..In conclusion, the decreased specificity and inferior reproducibility with control specimens suggest that the inhibition assay has poorer precision toward the lower end of the detection range. ..
- Mayo L, Dixon J, Durden D, Tonks N, Donner D. PTEN protects p53 from Mdm2 and sensitizes cancer cells to chemotherapy. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:5484-9 pubmed..p53 induces PTEN gene expression, and here it is shown that PTEN protects p53, indicating that a positive feedback loop may amplify the cellular response to stress, damage, and cancer. ..
- Li B, Ruiz J, Chun K. CUL-4A is critical for early embryonic development. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:4997-5005 pubmed..Taken together, our findings indicate that appropriate CUL-4A expression is critical for early embryonic development. ..
- Bettoun D, Burris T, Houck K, Buck D, Stayrook K, Khalifa B, et al. Retinoid X receptor is a nonsilent major contributor to vitamin D receptor-mediated transcriptional activation. Mol Endocrinol. 2003;17:2320-8 pubmed
- Park S, Ciccone S, Freie B, Kurimasa A, Chen D, Li G, et al. A positive role for the Ku complex in DNA replication following strand break damage in mammals. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:6046-55 pubmed
- Logan T, Bensadoun E. Increased disease activity in a patient with sarcoidosis after high dose interleukin 2 treatment for metastatic renal cancer. Thorax. 2005;60:610-1 pubmed..The increased activity in his sarcoidosis following IL-2 treatment provides direct supportive evidence for the role of IL-2 in the pathogenesis of sarcoidosis. ..
- Cheng L, Poulos C, Pan C, Jones T, Daggy J, Eble J, et al. Preoperative prediction of small volume cancer (less than 0.5 ml) in radical prostatectomy specimens. J Urol. 2005;174:898-902 pubmed..The number of positive biopsy sites and the highest percent of adenocarcinoma at any biopsy site are significant predictors of small volume cancer in radical prostatectomy specimens. ..
- Gao M, Wang M, Zheng Q. Synthesis of carbon-11 labeled 1-(3,4-dimethoxybenzyl)-2,2-dimethyl-1,2,3,4-tetrahydroisoquinolinium derivatives as new potential PET SKCa channel imaging agents. Appl Radiat Isot. 2008;66:194-202 pubmed
- Kajdasz D, Iyengar S, Desaiah D, Backonja M, Farrar J, Fishbain D, et al. Duloxetine for the management of diabetic peripheral neuropathic pain: evidence-based findings from post hoc analysis of three multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, parallel-group studies. Clin Ther. 2007;29 Suppl:2536-46 pubmed publisher
- Schmidt R, Beyer T, Bensch W, Qian Y, Lin A, Kowala M, et al. Secreted proprotein convertase subtilisin/kexin type 9 reduces both hepatic and extrahepatic low-density lipoprotein receptors in vivo. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;370:634-40 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our studies indicate that secreted PCSK9 can potentially impact extrahepatic tissue cholesterol homeostasis by regulating extrahepatic tissue LDLR levels. ..
- Wernicke J, Pangallo B, Wang F, Murray I, Henck J, Knadler M, et al. Hepatic effects of duloxetine-I: non-clinical and clinical trial data. Curr Drug Saf. 2008;3:132-42 pubmed..Rare events characterized as hepatocellular injury, cholestatic injury, or mixed type of hepatic injury have been reported. The pattern of liver effects was different from that in laboratory animals. ..
- Vuppalanchi R, Chalasani N. Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease and nonalcoholic steatohepatitis: Selected practical issues in their evaluation and management. Hepatology. 2009;49:306-17 pubmed publisher..Health care providers should not only focus on liver disease but also concentrate on aggressively modifying and treating their cardiovascular risk factors. ..
- Fridell J, Mangus R, Tector A. Clinical experience with histidine-tryptophan-ketoglutarate solution in abdominal organ preservation: a review of recent literature. Clin Transplant. 2009;23:305-12 pubmed publisher..In this review article, recent literature describing the clinical use of HTK in abdominal transplantation will be summarized with references to earlier reports when indicated. ..
- Subramanian U, Kamalesh M, Temkit M, Eckert G, Sawada S. Do cardioselective beta-adrenoceptor antagonists reduce mortality in diabetic patients with congestive heart failure?. Am J Cardiovasc Drugs. 2009;9:231-40 pubmed publisher..60; p = 0.054) only. These results extend prior observations that patients with diabetes and CHF may not accrue the same mortality benefit from CSB therapy as patients without diabetes, and warrant further prospective investigation. ..
- Stiffler D, Arthur A, Stephenson E, Ray C, Cullen D. A guide for preceptors of advance practice nursing students caring for women and infants. J Obstet Gynecol Neonatal Nurs. 2009;38:624-31 pubmed publisher..Advanced practice nurses are well suited to address this need. In this article, preceptor and academic partnerships are discussed as strategies to make more qualified women's health and infant providers available. ..
- Al Haddad M, Gill K, Raimondo M, Woodward T, Krishna M, Crook J, et al. Safety and efficacy of cytology brushings versus standard fine-needle aspiration in evaluating cystic pancreatic lesions: a controlled study. Endoscopy. 2010;42:127-32 pubmed publisher..Cytology brushings are more likely to provide an adequate mucinous epithelium specimen than standard FNA and could aid the diagnosis of CPLs in a selective group of patients. ..
- Williamson S, Zhang S, Lopez Beltran A, Shah R, Montironi R, Tan P, et al. Lymphoepithelioma-like carcinoma of the urinary bladder: clinicopathologic, immunohistochemical, and molecular features. Am J Surg Pathol. 2011;35:474-83 pubmed publisher..However, a large-scale study with long-term follow-up is needed to better understand the biological behavior of urinary bladder LELC. ..
- Allam E, Zhang W, Al Shibani N, Sun J, Labban N, Song F, et al. Effects of cigarette smoke condensate on oral squamous cell carcinoma cells. Arch Oral Biol. 2011;56:1154-61 pubmed publisher..Continued cigarette smoking in oral cancer patients may result in decreased survival rates due to enhanced metastatic potential of the cancer cells. ..
- Slee R, Steiner C, Herbert B, Vance G, Hickey R, Schwarz T, et al. Cancer-associated alteration of pericentromeric heterochromatin may contribute to chromosome instability. Oncogene. 2012;31:3244-53 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that impaired maintenance of pericentromeric heterochromatin may contribute to CIN in cancer and be a novel therapeutic target. ..
- Hahn N, Bonney P, Dhawan D, Jones D, Balch C, Guo Z, et al. Subcutaneous 5-azacitidine treatment of naturally occurring canine urothelial carcinoma: a novel epigenetic approach to human urothelial carcinoma drug development. J Urol. 2012;187:302-9 pubmed publisher..Subcutaneous 5-azacitidine showed promising clinical activity in a canine invasive urothelial carcinoma model, thus meriting further development in humans with urothelial carcinoma. ..
- Koller D, Zheng H, Karasik D, Yerges Armstrong L, Liu C, McGuigan F, et al. Meta-analysis of genome-wide studies identifies WNT16 and ESR1 SNPs associated with bone mineral density in premenopausal women. J Bone Miner Res. 2013;28:547-58 pubmed publisher..These data support the hypothesis that variants in these genes of known skeletal function also affect BMD during the premenopausal period. ..
- Wilson T, Carney J, Kelley M. Cloning of the multifunctional rat apurinic/apyrimidinic endonuclease (rAPEN)/redox factor from an immature T cell line. Nucleic Acids Res. 1994;22:530-1 pubmed
- Small J, Hirsch S, Arvanitis L, Miller B, Link C. Quetiapine in patients with schizophrenia. A high- and low-dose double-blind comparison with placebo. Seroquel Study Group. Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1997;54:549-57 pubmed..Quetiapine is an effective antipsychotic with a favorable safety profile. The optimum dose is probably greater than 250 mg/d. ..
- Lewis D, Zweig B, Hurwitz S, Spandau D. Inhibition of erbB receptor family members protects HaCaT keratinocytes from ultraviolet-B-induced apoptosis. J Invest Dermatol. 2003;120:483-8 pubmed..These results suggest that, in certain instances, ultraviolet-B-induced apoptotic signaling requires erbB family receptor activity. ..
- Kurtz T, Fineberg N, Considine R, Deeg M. Insulin resistance is associated with increased serum levels of glycosylphosphatidylinositol-specific phospholipase D. Metabolism. 2004;53:138-9 pubmed..These results suggest that increased serum GPI-PLD is associated with the insulin resistance. ..
- Wollmann W, Goodman M, Bhat Nakshatri P, Kishimoto H, Goulet R, Mehrotra S, et al. The macrophage inhibitory cytokine integrates AKT/PKB and MAP kinase signaling pathways in breast cancer cells. Carcinogenesis. 2005;26:900-7 pubmed..These results suggest that AKT/PKB through MIC-1 could regulate the ERK1 activity and the MIC-1 expression levels may serve as a surrogate marker for the AKT activation in tumors. ..
- Wagner J, Schauwecker D, Davidson D, Logan T, Coleman J, Hutchins G, et al. Inefficacy of F-18 fluorodeoxy-D-glucose-positron emission tomography scans for initial evaluation in early-stage cutaneous melanoma. Cancer. 2005;104:570-9 pubmed..79-0.92). FDG-PET scanning did not impact the care of patients with early-stage melanoma already staged by standard techniques. Routine FDG-PET scanning was not recommended for the initial staging evaluation in this population. ..
- Ehrlich R, Kheradiya N, Winston D, Moore D, Wirostko B, Harris A. Age-related ocular vascular changes. Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol. 2009;247:583-91 pubmed publisher..Age-related vascular changes have been demonstrated in ocular tissue, and the incidence and prevalence of diseases such as macular degeneration, glaucoma and vascular occlusive diseases increase significantly with age...
- Ademuyiwa F, Thorat M, Jain R, Nakshatri H, Badve S. Expression of Forkhead-box protein A1, a marker of luminal A type breast cancer, parallels low Oncotype DX 21-gene recurrence scores. Mod Pathol. 2010;23:270-5 pubmed publisher..To confirm these findings, further studies in a larger cohort of patients are warranted. ..
- Schootman M, Andresen E, Wolinsky F, Malmstrom T, Morley J, Miller D. Adverse housing and neighborhood conditions and inflammatory markers among middle-aged African Americans. J Urban Health. 2010;87:199-210 pubmed publisher..05, Bonferroni-adjusted p > 0.0034). Inflammation does not appear to be a mediator of the association between poor housing/neighborhood conditions and adverse health outcomes in middle-aged African Americans. ..
- Williamson S, Phillips C, Andreoli S, Nailescu C. A 25-year experience with pediatric anti-glomerular basement membrane disease. Pediatr Nephrol. 2011;26:85-91 pubmed publisher..Some patients are anti-GBM and ANCA positive, with a small subset ANCA-positive, anti-GBM-negative. Ours is the first such described pediatric case. ..
- Das I, Cao M, Cheng C, Misic V, Scheuring K, Schule E, et al. A quality assurance phantom for electronic portal imaging devices. J Appl Clin Med Phys. 2011;12:3350 pubmed..In conclusion, this device is simple to use and provides testing on basic and advanced imaging parameters for daily QA on any imager used in clinical practices. ..
- Karlinsey R, Mackey A, Schwandt C, Walker T. SEM evaluation of demineralized dentin treated with professional-strength NaF topical pastes. Am J Dent. 2011;24:357-62 pubmed..e. resistance to demineralization), qualitative comparisons revealed the fluoride-free, MI Paste Plus, NUPRO and Renew pastes did not appear to occlude dentin tubules as well as Clinpro 5000 and Clinpro Tooth Crème. ..
- Maglinte D, Kelvin F, O CONNOR K, Lappas J, Chernish S. Current status of small bowel radiography. Abdom Imaging. 1996;21:247-57 pubmed..The "fluoroscopy"-based small bowel follow-through augmented when necessary by the peroral pneumocolon or the gas-enhanced double-contrast follow-through method is an acceptable alternative when enteroclysis is not possible. ..
- Thomson B, Robertson K, Gowan D, Heilman D, Broxmeyer H, Emanuel D, et al. Analysis of engraftment, graft-versus-host disease, and immune recovery following unrelated donor cord blood transplantation. Blood. 2000;96:2703-11 pubmed..4%), respectively. This series of 30 UCB transplants suggests that although CD8 cell recovery is delayed, the pattern of immune reconstitution with UCB is similar to that reported for other stem cell sources. (Blood. 2000;96:2703-2711) ..
- Lahiri D, Chen D, Vivien D, Ge Y, Greig N, Rogers J. Role of cytokines in the gene expression of amyloid beta-protein precursor: identification of a 5'-UTR-binding nuclear factor and its implications in Alzheimer's disease. J Alzheimers Dis. 2003;5:81-90 pubmed..The characterization of AbetaPP regulatory elements, including the 5'-UTR, will accelerate the development of novel agents against new targets for AD. ..
- Spence J, Liang T, Eriksson C, Taylor R, Wall T, Ehlers C, et al. Evaluation of aldehyde dehydrogenase 1 promoter polymorphisms identified in human populations. Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 2003;27:1389-94 pubmed..The underlying mechanisms contributing to these trends are still unknown. ..
- Cheng L, Paterson R, Beck S, Parks J. Prostatic intraepithelial neoplasia: an update. Clin Prostate Cancer. 2004;3:26-30 pubmed..As a precursor lesion, HGPIN is currently a target for chemopreventive strategies, including antiandrogens and nutritional supplementation. ..
- Wang X, Mader M, Toth J, Yu X, Jin N, Campbell R, et al. Complete inhibition of anisomycin and UV radiation but not cytokine induced JNK and p38 activation by an aryl-substituted dihydropyrrolopyrazole quinoline and mixed lineage kinase 7 small interfering RNA. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:19298-305 pubmed
- Weaver C, Humbert A, Besinger B, Graber J, Brizendine E. A more explicit grading scale decreases grade inflation in a clinical clerkship. Acad Emerg Med. 2007;14:283-6 pubmed..8%; and far below expected, 0% (p < 0.001). A simple change in shift evaluation cards to include more explicit grading criteria resulted in a significant change in grade distribution and greatly decreased grade inflation. ..
- Chen H, Yong W, Hinds T, Yang Z, Zhou Y, SANCHEZ E, et al. Fkbp52 regulates androgen receptor transactivation activity and male urethra morphogenesis. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:27776-84 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data show Fkbp52 to be an important molecular regulator in the androgen-mediated pathway of urethra morphogenesis. ..
- Shen C, Huang Y, Liu Y, Wang G, Zhao Y, Wang Z, et al. A modulated empirical Bayes model for identifying topological and temporal estrogen receptor ? regulatory networks in breast cancer. BMC Syst Biol. 2011;5:67 pubmed publisher..Many gene targets of this network were not active anymore in anti-estrogen resistant cell lines, possibly because their DNA methylation and histone acetylation patterns have changed. ..
- Haggstrom A, Skillman S, Garzon M, Drolet B, Holland K, Matt B, et al. Clinical spectrum and risk of PHACE syndrome in cutaneous and airway hemangiomas. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2011;137:680-7 pubmed publisher..To describe the clinical presentation and risk of PHACE syndrome in infants with large facial hemangiomas and concomitant airway hemangiomas...
- Cheng L, Davison D, Adams J, Lopez Beltran A, Wang L, Montironi R, et al. Biomarkers in bladder cancer: translational and clinical implications. Crit Rev Oncol Hematol. 2014;89:73-111 pubmed publisher..The scope of this review is to summarize the major biomarker findings that may have translational and clinical implications. ..
- Adler J, Johnson D, Heller B, Bringman L, Ranahan W, Conwell M, et al. Serum deprivation inhibits the transcriptional co-activator YAP and cell growth via phosphorylation of the 130-kDa isoform of Angiomotin by the LATS1/2 protein kinases. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:17368-73 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the phosphorylation of Amot130 by LATS is found to be a key feature that enables it to inhibit YAP-dependent signaling and cell growth. ..
- Lewis J, Bischof J, Braslavsky I, Brockbank K, Fahy G, Fuller B, et al. The Grand Challenges of Organ Banking: Proceedings from the first global summit on complex tissue cryopreservation. Cryobiology. 2016;72:169-82 pubmed publisher..e. preconditioning for enhanced stress tolerance, nanoparticle rewarming, cyroprotectant screening strategies, and the use of cryoprotectant cocktails including ice binding agents. ..
- Hromas R, Collins S, Hickstein D, Raskind W, Deaven L, O HARA P, et al. A retinoic acid-responsive human zinc finger gene, MZF-1, preferentially expressed in myeloid cells. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:14183-7 pubmed..Thus, this new zinc finger gene (designated MZF-1) may be one regulator of transcriptional events during hemopoietic development. ..
- Hangoc G, Lu L, Oliff A, Gillis S, Hu W, Bicknell D, et al. Modulation of Friend virus infectivity in vivo by administration of purified preparations of human lactoferrin and recombinant murine interleukin-3 to mice. Leukemia. 1987;1:762-4 pubmed
- Graves J. The Virginia Henderson International Nursing Library: resource for nurse administrators. Nurs Adm Q. 1997;21:76-83 pubmed..The second part of the article examines the interaction of informatics and technology used in the Registry and presents some other Library resources. ..
- Dantzig A, Shepard R, Law K, Tabas L, Pratt S, Gillespie J, et al. Selectivity of the multidrug resistance modulator, LY335979, for P-glycoprotein and effect on cytochrome P-450 activities. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 1999;290:854-62 pubmed..Thus, LY335979 is an extremely potent Pgp, and not MRP1 or MRP2, modulator and has a significantly lower affinity for CYP3A than for Pgp...
- Smith A. A model circulatory system for use in undergraduate physiology laboratories. Am J Physiol. 1999;277:S92-9 pubmed..Another advantage is that it allows dramatic and easily controlled manipulations with quantitative results. Finally, its simple construction allows students to interchange components, giving them greater flexibility in experimentation...
- Matter W, Estridge T, Zhang C, Belagaje R, Stancato L, Dixon J, et al. Role of PRL-3, a human muscle-specific tyrosine phosphatase, in angiotensin-II signaling. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2001;283:1061-8 pubmed..These data suggest a role for PRL-3 in the modulation of intracellular calcium transients induced by AngII. ..
- Gaerte S, Meyer C, Winer Muram H, Tarver R, Conces D. Fat-containing lesions of the chest. Radiographics. 2002;22 Spec No:S61-78 pubmed..Sagittal and coronal reformatted images can add valuable information by showing diaphragmatic defects and hernia contents...
- Murray P, Smith A, Windsor L, Mjor I. Remaining dentine thickness and human pulp responses. Int Endod J. 2003;36:33-43 pubmed..Gross tissue injury explains the poor pulp capping prognosis following exposure and underlies the need to avoid this type of injury. Following restoration, a RDT of 0.5 mm or greater is necessary to avoid evidence of pulp injury. ..
- Godinot N, Iversen P, Tabas L, Xia X, Williams D, Dantzig A, et al. Cloning and functional characterization of the multidrug resistance-associated protein (MRP1/ABCC1) from the cynomolgus monkey. Mol Cancer Ther. 2003;2:307-16 pubmed..These functional differences between human and monkey MRP1 transporters will need to be considered when designing pharmacokinetic and toxicological studies for the preclinical evaluation of MRP1 modulators. ..
- McGowan J, Overhage J, Barnes M, McDonald C. Indianapolis I3: the third generation Integrated Advanced Information Management Systems. J Med Libr Assoc. 2004;92:179-87 pubmed
- Comer G, Ciulla T. Pharmacotherapy for diabetic retinopathy. Curr Opin Ophthalmol. 2004;15:508-18 pubmed
- Park K, Krishnan V, O Malley B, Yamamoto Y, Gaynor R. Formation of an IKKalpha-dependent transcription complex is required for estrogen receptor-mediated gene activation. Mol Cell. 2005;18:71-82 pubmed..These results suggest that IKKalpha plays a major role in regulating the biological effects of estrogen via its promoter association and modification of components of the transcription complex. ..
- Labarrere C, Ortiz M, Sosa M, Campana G, Wernicke M, Baldridge L, et al. Syncytiotrophoblast intercellular adhesion molecule-1 expression in placental villitis of unknown cause. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2005;193:483-8 pubmed
- Maglinte D, Bartram C. Dynamic imaging of posterior compartment pelvic floor dysfunction by evacuation proctography: techniques, indications, results and limitations. Eur J Radiol. 2007;61:454-61 pubmed..It has a high observer accuracy and yield of positive diagnosis. Clinicians find it of major benefit and has altered management from surgical to medical and vice versa in a significant number of cases. ..
- Mattix K, Tataria M, Holmes J, Kristoffersen K, Brown R, Groner J, et al. Pediatric pancreatic trauma: predictors of nonoperative management failure and associated outcomes. J Pediatr Surg. 2007;42:340-4 pubmed..Blunt pancreatic trauma tends to require operative intervention more frequently. We sought to identify predictors of failure of NOM and compare the outcome of operative management against NOM...
- Xue B, Williams R, Oldfield C, Goh G, Dunker A, Uversky V. Viral disorder or disordered viruses: do viral proteins possess unique features?. Protein Pept Lett. 2010;17:932-51 pubmed..In this review, we focus on structural peculiarities of viral proteins and on the role of intrinsic disorder in their functions. ..
- Johnson M, Nemcek A, Benenati J, Baumann D, Dolmatch B, Kaufman J, et al. The safety and effectiveness of the retrievable option inferior vena cava filter: a United States prospective multicenter clinical study. J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2010;21:1173-84 pubmed publisher..To evaluate the safety and effectiveness of the retrievable Option inferior vena cava (IVC) filter in patients at risk for pulmonary embolism (PE)...
- Gaynor P, McCarberg B, Zheng W, Shoemaker S, Duenas H. Weight change with long-term duloxetine use in chronic painful conditions: an analysis of 16 clinical studies. Int J Clin Pract. 2011;65:341-9 pubmed publisher..Mean weight changes and percentages of patients with PCS weight loss and weight gain observed in DPNP, fibromyalgia and CLBP with long-term duloxetine treatment were consistent with those reported previously for MDD studies. ..
- McDonnell D, Kryzhanovskaya L, Zhao F, Detke H, Feldman P. Comparison of metabolic changes in patients with schizophrenia during randomized treatment with intramuscular olanzapine long-acting injection versus oral olanzapine. Hum Psychopharmacol. 2011;26:422-33 pubmed publisher..Metabolic changes in patients with schizophrenia appeared generally similar during treatment with oral olanzapine or olanzapine LAI. ..
- Jiang S, Wells C, Roach P. Starch-binding domain-containing protein 1 (Stbd1) and glycogen metabolism: Identification of the Atg8 family interacting motif (AIM) in Stbd1 required for interaction with GABARAPL1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;413:420-5 pubmed publisher..Stbd1 may therefore function as a novel cargo binding protein that delivers glycogen to lysosomes in an autophagic pathway that could be termed "glycophagy". ..
- Hewett D, Huffman M, Rex D. Leaving distal colorectal hyperplastic polyps in place can be achieved with high accuracy by using narrow-band imaging: an observational study. Gastrointest Endosc. 2012;76:374-80 pubmed publisher..Accurate colonoscopic assessment of colorectal polyp histology could avoid resection of distal nonadenomatous polyps and reduce costs and risk...
- Mangus R, Powelson J, Kinsella S, Farar D, Creal C, Fridell J. Pretransplant coronary artery disease associated with worse clinical outcomes in pancreas transplantation. Clin Transplant. 2013;27:E442-7 pubmed publisher..Patients without CAD and a negative pre transplant cardiac evaluation carry a low risk of post-transplant MI. ..
- Koller D, Imel E, Lai D, Padgett L, Acton D, Gray A, et al. Genome-wide association study of serum iron phenotypes in premenopausal women of European descent. Blood Cells Mol Dis. 2016;57:50-3 pubmed publisher..Our results corroborate prior studies in older subjects and demonstrate that the association of these genetic variants with iron phenotypes can be detected in premenopausal women. ..