Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cell line in Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
Locale: Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
Topic: cell line
Publications329 found, 100 shown here
- Petrache I, Kamocki K, Poirier C, Pewzner Jung Y, Laviad E, Schweitzer K, et al. Ceramide synthases expression and role of ceramide synthase-2 in the lung: insight from human lung cells and mouse models. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e62968 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that ceramide species homeostasis is crucial for lung health and that CerS2 dysfunction may predispose to inflammatory airway and airspace diseases. ..
- Stewart M, Malek K, Xiao Q, Dipple K, Crabb D. The novel aldehyde dehydrogenase gene, ALDH5, encodes an active aldehyde dehydrogenase enzyme. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1995;211:144-51 pubmed..These studies demonstrate the expression of ALDH5 mRNA in a human hepatoma and suggest that the gene product is enzymatically active and probably resides in the mitochondria. ..
- Youn B, Kim C, Smith F, Broxmeyer H. TECK, an efficacious chemoattractant for human thymocytes, uses GPR-9-6/CCR9 as a specific receptor. Blood. 1999;94:2533-6 pubmed..Our data suggest that TECK/CCR9 interaction may play a pivotal role in T-cell migration in the thymus. ..
- Rebhun J, Chen H, Quilliam L. Identification and characterization of a new family of guanine nucleotide exchange factors for the ras-related GTPase Ral. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:13406-10 pubmed..In contrast to the Ral guanine nucleotide dissociation stimulator family of Ral GEFs, the RalGPS proteins do not possess a Ras-GTP-binding domain, suggesting that they are activated in a Ras-independent manner. ..
- Burris T, Montrose C, Houck K, Osborne H, Bocchinfuso W, Yaden B, et al. The hypolipidemic natural product guggulsterone is a promiscuous steroid receptor ligand. Mol Pharmacol. 2005;67:948-54 pubmed..These data suggest that the variety of pharmacological effects exhibited by GS may be mediated by targeting several steroid receptors. ..
- Zhong L, Li W, Yang Z, Qing K, Tan M, Hansen J, et al. Impaired nuclear transport and uncoating limit recombinant adeno-associated virus 2 vector-mediated transduction of primary murine hematopoietic cells. Hum Gene Ther. 2004;15:1207-18 pubmed..A better understanding of the underlying mechanism of viral uncoating has implications in the optimal use of recombinant AAV vectors in hematopoietic stem cell gene therapy. ..
- Habegger K, Hoffman N, Ridenour C, Brozinick J, Elmendorf J. AMPK enhances insulin-stimulated GLUT4 regulation via lowering membrane cholesterol. Endocrinology. 2012;153:2130-41 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these data suggest a novel aspect of GLUT4 regulation by AMPK involves membrane cholesterol lowering. Moreover, this AMPK-mediated process protected against hyperinsulinemia-induced insulin resistance. ..
- Gallo R, Khan M, Shi J, Kapur R, Wei L, Bailey J, et al. Regulation of the actin cytoskeleton by Rho kinase controls antigen presentation by CD1d. J Immunol. 2012;189:1689-98 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our overall results reveal a model whereby CD1d-mediated Ag presentation is negatively regulated by ROCK via its effects on the actin cytoskeleton. ..
- Campos S, Ashworth S, Wean S, Hosford M, Sandoval R, Hallett M, et al. Cytokine-induced F-actin reorganization in endothelial cells involves RhoA activation. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2009;296:F487-95 pubmed publisher..These results suggest cytokines signal through the Rho-ROCK pathway, but also through another pathway to affect actin dynamics. ..
- Wang H, YOUNG S, Gerard O Riley R, Hum J, Yang Z, Bidwell J, et al. Blockade of TNFR1 signaling: A role of oscillatory fluid shear stress in osteoblasts. J Cell Physiol. 2011;226:1044-51 pubmed publisher..Rather, OFSS inhibits TNF-?-induced pro-apoptotic signaling which can be explained by the down-regulation of TNFR1 on the cell surface and blockade of TNFR1 downstream signaling by OFSS. ..
- Vig E, Green M, Liu Y, Donner D, Mukaida N, Goebl M, et al. Modulation of tumor necrosis factor and interleukin-1-dependent NF-kappaB activity by mPLK/IRAK. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:13077-84 pubmed..Our data suggest that in addition to its role in IL-1 signaling, mPLK/IRAK is a component of a novel signal transduction pathway through which TNF R1 activates NF-kappaB-dependent gene expression. ..
- Lasbury M, Liao C, Hage C, Durant P, Tschang D, Wang S, et al. Defective nitric oxide production by alveolar macrophages during Pneumocystis pneumonia. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2011;44:540-7 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that NO is important in the defense against Pc infection, but that the production of NO in AMs during PCP is defective because of the reduced dimerization of iNOS. ..
- Gelfanova V, Humphreys T, Spinola S. Characterization of Haemophilus ducreyi-specific T-cell lines from lesions of experimentally infected human subjects. Infect Immun. 2001;69:4224-31 pubmed..The lack of cross-reactivity to the Pasteurellaceae and the response of the lines to different antigen fractions suggest that subjects are sensitized to H. ducreyi during the course of infection. ..
- Liu Z, He J. Cell-cell contact-mediated hepatitis C virus (HCV) transfer, productive infection, and replication and their requirement for HCV receptors. J Virol. 2013;87:8545-58 pubmed publisher..These findings will aid in the development of new and novel strategies for preventing and treating HCV infection. ..
- Torrungruang K, Alvarez M, Shah R, Onyia J, Rhodes S, Bidwell J. DNA binding and gene activation properties of the Nmp4 nuclear matrix transcription factors. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:16153-9 pubmed..We propose that allosteric effects induced upon zinc finger association with the homopolymeric (dA.dT) minor groove confer context-specific functionality to this unusual family of Cys(2)His(2) transcription factors...
- Shen W, Boyle D, Wisniowski P, Bade A, Liechty E. Insulin and IGF-I stimulate the formation of the eukaryotic initiation factor 4F complex and protein synthesis in C2C12 myotubes independent of availability of external amino acids. J Endocrinol. 2005;185:275-89 pubmed..We conclude that in C2C12 myotubes, insulin and IGF-I may regulate protein synthesis and translation initiation independent of external amino acid supply via the phosphatidylinositol-3 kinase-PKB/Akt-mTOR pathway. ..
- Chen X, Li M, Chen D, Gao W, Guan J, Komatsu M, et al. Autophagy induced by calcium phosphate precipitates involves endoplasmic reticulum membranes in autophagosome biogenesis. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e52347 pubmed publisher..Consistently, ER membranes, but not Golgi or mitochondrial membranes, colocalized with CPP-induced LC3 positive autophagosomes. These data suggest that CPP-induced autophagosome formation involves the interaction with the ER membrane. ..
- Klemsz M, Hromas R, Raskind W, Bruno E, Hoffman R. PE-1, a novel ETS oncogene family member, localizes to chromosome 1q21-q23. Genomics. 1994;20:291-4 pubmed..8-kb transcript observed. PE-1 was the most common ETS domain gene found in CD34+HLA-DR- hematopoietic progenitors. PE-1 was localized to human chromosome 1q21-q23 using both in situ chromosomal hybridization and human-hamster hybrids. ..
- Diaz B, Barnard D, Filson A, Macdonald S, King A, Marshall M. Phosphorylation of Raf-1 serine 338-serine 339 is an essential regulatory event for Ras-dependent activation and biological signaling. Mol Cell Biol. 1997;17:4509-16 pubmed
- Rebhun J, Pratt J. Molecular cloning of Nedd4 from Xenopus laevis. DNA Seq. 1998;9:295-306 pubmed..The identity and similarity of xNedd4 with human Nedd4 are approximately 63 and 71%, respectively. xNedd4 contains the C2, ubiquitin protein ligase, and 4 WW domains previously described for Nedd4 from other species. ..
- Zhang S, Broxmeyer H. Flt3 ligand induces tyrosine phosphorylation of gab1 and gab2 and their association with shp-2, grb2, and PI3 kinase. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2000;277:195-9 pubmed..The results suggest that Gab proteins are engaged in Flt3 signaling to mediate downstream activation of Shp-2 and PI3 kinase pathways and possibly the Ras/Raf/MAPK pathway. ..
- Sun H, Yokota H. Reduction of cytokine-induced expression and activity of MMP-1 and MMP-13 by mechanical strain in MH7A rheumatoid synovial cells. Matrix Biol. 2002;21:263-70 pubmed..These results support a potential role of mechanical strain in down-regulating the cytokine-mediated proteolytic processes in synoviocytes. ..
- Yu K, Kwon H, Norman D, Vig E, Goebl M, Harrington M. Cutting edge: mouse pellino-2 modulates IL-1 and lipopolysaccharide signaling. J Immunol. 2002;169:4075-8 pubmed..Our data reveal that mouse pellino-2 is a tissue-restricted component of a signaling pathway that couples the mouse pelle-like kinase/IL-1R-associated kinase protein to IL-1- or LPS-dependent signaling. ..
- Zhao Y, Chen Y, Li S, Konrad R, Cao G. The microsomal cardiolipin remodeling enzyme acyl-CoA lysocardiolipin acyltransferase is an acyltransferase of multiple anionic lysophospholipids. J Lipid Res. 2009;50:945-56 pubmed publisher..Our studies provide the molecular basis for future investigations of the physiological function of ALCAT1 and offer evidence of critical amino acids involved in substrate binding for the family of glycerolipid acyltransferases. ..
- Farrow E, Summers L, Schiavi S, McCormick J, Ellison D, White K. Altered renal FGF23-mediated activity involving MAPK and Wnt: effects of the Hyp mutation. J Endocrinol. 2010;207:67-75 pubmed publisher..Finally, the current treatment of phosphate and calcitriol for hypophosphatemic disorders may increase FGF23 activity. ..
- Adler J, Johnson D, Heller B, Bringman L, Ranahan W, Conwell M, et al. Serum deprivation inhibits the transcriptional co-activator YAP and cell growth via phosphorylation of the 130-kDa isoform of Angiomotin by the LATS1/2 protein kinases. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:17368-73 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the phosphorylation of Amot130 by LATS is found to be a key feature that enables it to inhibit YAP-dependent signaling and cell growth. ..
- Liu Z, Dong Z, Han B, Yang Y, Liu Y, Zhang J. Regulation of expression by promoters versus internal ribosome entry site in the 5'-untranslated sequence of the human cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor p27kip1. Nucleic Acids Res. 2005;33:3763-71 pubmed..The findings in this study also further enforce the importance that more stringent studies, such as promoterless dicistronic and monocistronic DNA and dicistronic RNA tests, are required to safeguard any future claims of cellular IRES. ..
- Gehlert D, Schober D, Morin M, Berglund M. Co-expression of neuropeptide Y Y1 and Y5 receptors results in heterodimerization and altered functional properties. Biochem Pharmacol. 2007;74:1652-64 pubmed..These results may account for the complex pharmacology observed when assessing the responses to NPY and analogs in vivo. ..
- Antalis C, Arnold T, Lee B, Buhman K, Siddiqui R. Docosahexaenoic acid is a substrate for ACAT1 and inhibits cholesteryl ester formation from oleic acid in MCF-10A cells. Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids. 2009;80:165-71 pubmed publisher..In the manner of a poor substrate, DHA also inhibited the activity of ACAT1, a universally expressed enzyme involved in intracellular cholesterol homeostasis, in a cell type that does not secrete lipids or express ACAT2. ..
- Khanna M, Imasaki T, Chikwana V, Perez Miller S, Hunter G, Mosley A, et al. Expression and purification of functional human glycogen synthase-1 (hGYS1) in insect cells. Protein Expr Purif. 2013;90:78-83 pubmed publisher..Obtaining large quantities of functional hGYS1 will be invaluable for future structural studies as well as detailed studies on the effects on specific sites of phosphorylation. ..
- Corkins M, McQuade J, Schaffer B, MacDonald R. Insulin-like growth factor binding protein-4 expression is dependent on the carbohydrate in the media in HT-29 cells. Growth Horm IGF Res. 2002;12:184-92 pubmed..HT-29 cells treated with retinoic acid had dose-dependent increases in IGFBP-4 and reduced IGF-II expression. These studies suggest that HT-29 cell differentiation correlates with an increase in IGFBP-4 levels. ..
- Lewis D, Zweig B, Hurwitz S, Spandau D. Inhibition of erbB receptor family members protects HaCaT keratinocytes from ultraviolet-B-induced apoptosis. J Invest Dermatol. 2003;120:483-8 pubmed..These results suggest that, in certain instances, ultraviolet-B-induced apoptotic signaling requires erbB family receptor activity. ..
- Wang Z, Sato H, Kusam S, Sehra S, Toney L, Dent A. Regulation of IL-10 gene expression in Th2 cells by Jun proteins. J Immunol. 2005;174:2098-105 pubmed..These data indicate that we have identified a novel regulatory element that can specifically activate transcription of the IL-10 gene in Th2 cells via the AP-1/Jun pathway. ..
- Schmidt R, Zhang Y, Zhao Y, Qian Y, Wang H, Lin A, et al. A novel splicing variant of proprotein convertase subtilisin/kexin type 9. DNA Cell Biol. 2008;27:183-9 pubmed..Both N425S and A443T mutants were processed normally, secreted, and reduced LDLR levels. However, the physiological function of this novel splicing variant of PCSK9 has yet to be determined. ..
- Ruiz R, Witting S, Saxena R, Morral N. Robust hepatic gene silencing for functional studies using helper-dependent adenoviral vectors. Hum Gene Ther. 2009;20:87-94 pubmed publisher..Here we show it is possible to obtain more than 90% target gene knockdown in an animal model of type 2 diabetes for several weeks, thereby consolidating this technology as an alternative to generating liver-specific knockout animals. ..
- Kelly K, Kluve Beckerman B, Dominguez J. Acute-phase response protein serum amyloid A stimulates renal tubule formation: studies in vitro and in vivo. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2009;296:F1355-63 pubmed publisher..These data lend support to a novel view of a more localized renal acute-phase reaction, where renal SAA may act as a paracrine or autocrine molecule that promotes tubule formation during development and repair. ..
- Benson E, Goebl M, Yang F, Kapur R, McClintick J, Sanghani S, et al. Loss of SIMPL compromises TNF-alpha-dependent survival of hematopoietic progenitors. Exp Hematol. 2010;38:71-81 pubmed publisher..Suppression of myeloid progenitor cell expansion requires signaling through TNF-RI and TNF-RII. Signals transduced through the TNF-alpha-TNF-RI-SIMPL pathway support hematopoietic progenitor cell survival, growth and differentiation. ..
- Pratt V, Everts R, Aggarwal P, Beyer B, Broeckel U, EPSTEIN BAAK R, et al. Characterization of 137 Genomic DNA Reference Materials for 28 Pharmacogenetic Genes: A GeT-RM Collaborative Project. J Mol Diagn. 2016;18:109-23 pubmed publisher..These publicly availableÂ samples will help ensure the accuracy of pharmacogenetic testing. ..
- Mayo L, Dixon J, Durden D, Tonks N, Donner D. PTEN protects p53 from Mdm2 and sensitizes cancer cells to chemotherapy. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:5484-9 pubmed..p53 induces PTEN gene expression, and here it is shown that PTEN protects p53, indicating that a positive feedback loop may amplify the cellular response to stress, damage, and cancer. ..
- Li J, Liu Y, Kim B, He J. Direct participation of Sam68, the 68-kilodalton Src-associated protein in mitosis, in the CRM1-mediated Rev nuclear export pathway. J Virol. 2002;76:8374-82 pubmed
- Lai X. Reproducible method to enrich membrane proteins with high purity and high yield for an LC-MS/MS approach in quantitative membrane proteomics. Electrophoresis. 2013;34:809-17 pubmed publisher..In summary, the developed method is reproducible, produces a highly pure membrane fraction, and generates a high yield of membrane proteins. ..
- Amet T, Son Y, Jiang L, Cheon I, Huang S, Gupta S, et al. BCL6 represses antiviral resistance in follicular T helper cells. J Leukoc Biol. 2017;102:527-536 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that the modulation of BCL6 function in Tfh cells could be a potential strategy to enhance Tfh cell resistance to retroviral infections and potentially decrease cellular reservoirs of HIV infection. ..
- Tauchi T, Feng G, Marshall M, Shen R, Mantel C, Pawson T, et al. The ubiquitously expressed Syp phosphatase interacts with c-kit and Grb2 in hematopoietic cells. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:25206-11 pubmed..These results suggest that Syp may be an important signaling component downstream of the c-kit receptor and involved in activation of the Ras signaling pathway in hematopoietic cells. ..
- Tauchi T, Feng G, Shen R, Hoatlin M, Bagby G, Kabat D, et al. Involvement of SH2-containing phosphotyrosine phosphatase Syp in erythropoietin receptor signal transduction pathways. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:5631-5 pubmed..These results suggest that Syp may be an important signaling component downstream of the EpoR and may regulate the proliferation and differentiation of hematopoietic cells. ..
- Gehlert D, Gackenheimer S, Schober D, Beavers L, Gadski R, Burnett J, et al. The neuropeptide Y Y1 receptor selective radioligand, [125I][Leu31,Pro34]peptide YY, is also a high affinity radioligand for human pancreatic polypeptide 1 receptors. Eur J Pharmacol. 1996;318:485-90 pubmed..Therefore, caution needs to be exercised when using Pro34-analogs to define the neuropeptide Y Y1 receptor in vivo and using tissue preparations. ..
- Matter W, Estridge T, Zhang C, Belagaje R, Stancato L, Dixon J, et al. Role of PRL-3, a human muscle-specific tyrosine phosphatase, in angiotensin-II signaling. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2001;283:1061-8 pubmed..These data suggest a role for PRL-3 in the modulation of intracellular calcium transients induced by AngII. ..
- Jiang H, Hickey R, Abdel Aziz W, Tom T, Wills P, Liu J, et al. Human cell DNA replication is mediated by a discrete multiprotein complex. J Cell Biochem. 2002;85:762-74 pubmed..Taken together, our evidence suggests that the DNA synthesome may represent the minimal DNA replication unit of the human cell. ..
- Southall M, Li T, Gharibova L, Pei Y, Nicol G, Travers J. Activation of epidermal vanilloid receptor-1 induces release of proinflammatory mediators in human keratinocytes. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2003;304:217-22 pubmed..Our results suggest that VR1 expression in keratinocytes may have a role in the inflammation that occurs secondary to epidermal damage or insult, and thus may function as a sensor for noxious cutaneous stimulation. ..
- Alvarez M, Shah R, Rhodes S, Bidwell J. Two promoters control the mouse Nmp4/CIZ transcription factor gene. Gene. 2005;347:43-54 pubmed..The Nmp4/CIZ promoters comprise a genomic regulatory architecture that supports constitutive expression as well as cell- and tissue-specific regulation. ..
- Charoonpatrapong K, Shah R, Robling A, Alvarez M, Clapp D, Chen S, et al. HMGB1 expression and release by bone cells. J Cell Physiol. 2006;207:480-90 pubmed..PTH-induced HMGB1 discharge by UMR cells exhibits similar release kinetics as reported for activated macrophages. These data confirm the presence of the HMGB1/RAGE signaling axis in bone. ..
- Sheets P, Gerner P, Wang C, Wang S, Wang G, Cummins T. Inhibition of Nav1.7 and Nav1.4 sodium channels by trifluoperazine involves the local anesthetic receptor. J Neurophysiol. 2006;96:1848-59 pubmed..7 channels with nanomolar concentrations of TFP raises the possibility that TFP, or TFP analogues, might be useful for regional anesthesia and pain management and could be more potent than traditional local anesthetics. ..
- Hu T, Chouinard M, Cox A, Sipes P, Marcelo M, Ficorilli J, et al. Farnesoid X receptor agonist reduces serum asymmetric dimethylarginine levels through hepatic dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase-1 gene regulation. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:39831-8 pubmed..Thus, beneficial clinical outcomes of FXR agonist therapy may include prevention of atherosclerosis and improvement of the metabolic syndrome. ..
- Jin Y, Zeng S, Sun X, Lee H, Blattner C, Xiao Z, et al. MDMX promotes proteasomal turnover of p21 at G1 and early S phases independently of, but in cooperation with, MDM2. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:1218-29 pubmed..These results demonstrate that MDMX and MDM2 independently and cooperatively regulate the proteasome-mediated degradation of p21 at the G(1) and early S phases. ..
- Troutt J, Alborn W, Bellinger M, Cox K, Ehsani M, Wang X, et al. Development of a novel sandwich ELISA for measuring cell lysate ABCA1 protein levels. Lipids. 2010;45:757-64 pubmed publisher..Together, these results suggest that the sandwich ELISA may be a sensitive and effective method for quantitating ABCA1 protein levels. ..
- Butler J, Santos R, Martens G, Ladowski J, Wang Z, Li P, et al. Efficient generation of targeted and controlled mutational events in porcine cells using nuclease-directed homologous recombination. J Surg Res. 2017;212:238-245 pubmed publisher..Together these strategies may be used to efficiently control mutational events. This system may be used to better use the potential of nuclease-mediated genomic editing. ..
- Reeves L, Duffy L, Koop S, Fyffe J, Cornetta K. Detection of ecotropic replication-competent retroviruses: comparison of s(+)/l(-) and marker rescue assays. Hum Gene Ther. 2002;13:1783-90 pubmed..For laboratories analyzing clinical materials, this report may prove useful in establishing detection assays for Eco-RCR. ..
- Spence J, Liang T, Habegger K, Carr L. Effect of polymorphism on expression of the neuropeptide Y gene in inbred alcohol-preferring and -nonpreferring rats. Neuroscience. 2005;131:871-6 pubmed..These results suggest that differential expression of the NPY gene resulting from the D4mit7 marker polymorphism may contribute to reduced levels of NPY in discrete brain regions in the iP rats. ..
- Wang J, Yu L, Wang H, Gao Y, Schrementi J, Porter R, et al. Identification and characterization of hamster stearoyl-CoA desaturase isoforms. Lipids. 2008;43:197-205 pubmed publisher..Very low levels of hmSCD3 mRNA can be detected in the tissues tested. This report is the first description of three SCD isoforms in the hamster and will provide useful tools in the further study of fatty acids metabolism in this species...
- Li H, Zhao Z, Wei G, Yan L, Wang D, Zhang H, et al. Group VIA phospholipase A2 in both host and tumor cells is involved in ovarian cancer development. FASEB J. 2010;24:4103-16 pubmed publisher..This is the first demonstration of a role for host cell iPLA(2)? in cancer, and these findings suggest that iPLA(2)? is a potential target for developing novel antineoplastic therapeutic strategies. ..
- Broxmeyer H, Hoggatt J, O Leary H, Mantel C, Chitteti B, Cooper S, et al. Dipeptidylpeptidase 4 negatively regulates colony-stimulating factor activity and stress hematopoiesis. Nat Med. 2012;18:1786-96 pubmed publisher..DPP4 inhibition enhanced engraftment in mice without compromising HSC function, suggesting the potential clinical utility of this approach. ..
- Shi J, Wu X, Surma M, Vemula S, Zhang L, Yang Y, et al. Distinct roles for ROCK1 and ROCK2 in the regulation of cell detachment. Cell Death Dis. 2013;4:e483 pubmed publisher..Consequently, ROCK1 and ROCK2 can be functional different in regulating stress-induced stress fiber disassembly and cell detachment. ..
- Takigawa S, Chen A, Wan Q, Na S, Sudo A, Yokota H, et al. Role of miR-222-3p in c-Src-Mediated Regulation of Osteoclastogenesis. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17:240 pubmed publisher..Collectively, the study herein demonstrates that miR-222-3p serves as an inhibitor of osteoclastogenesis and c-Src mediates its inhibition of cathepsin K and TRAP. ..
- Cherry J, DiDonato C, Androphy E, Calo A, Potter K, Custer S, et al. In vitro and in vivo effects of 2,4 diaminoquinazoline inhibitors of the decapping scavenger enzyme DcpS: Context-specific modulation of SMN transcript levels. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0185079 pubmed publisher..We conclude that DAQ-DcpSi have reproducible benefit in SMA mice and a broad spectrum of biological effects in vitro and in vivo, but these are complex, context specific, and not the result of simple SMN2 transcriptional activation. ..
- Zhang S, Fukuda S, Lee Y, Hangoc G, Cooper S, Spolski R, et al. Essential role of signal transducer and activator of transcription (Stat)5a but not Stat5b for Flt3-dependent signaling. J Exp Med. 2000;192:719-28 pubmed..Thus, Stat5a is essential for at least certain effects of FL. Moreover, our data confirm that Stat5a and Stat5b are not redundant, but rather are at least partially distinctive in their function. ..
- Ogawa K, Chen F, Kim Y, Chen Y. Transcriptional regulation of tristetraprolin by transforming growth factor-beta in human T cells. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:30373-81 pubmed
- Yang H, Chai X, Mosior M, Kohn W, Boggs L, Erickson J, et al. Biochemical and kinetic characterization of BACE1: investigation into the putative species-specificity for beta- and beta'-cleavage sites by human and murine BACE1. J Neurochem. 2004;91:1249-59 pubmed..It does not appear to be a significant species specificity to this cleavage. ..
- Zhang S, Yang Y, Shi Y. Characterization of human SCD2, an oligomeric desaturase with improved stability and enzyme activity by cross-linking in intact cells. Biochem J. 2005;388:135-42 pubmed
- Moore S, Nomikos G, Dickason Chesterfield A, Schober D, Schaus J, Ying B, et al. Identification of a high-affinity binding site involved in the transport of endocannabinoids. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:17852-7 pubmed
- Lahiri D, Maloney B, Ge Y. Functional domains of the BACE1 and BACE2 promoters and mechanisms of transcriptional suppression of the BACE2 promoter in normal neuronal cells. J Mol Neurosci. 2006;29:65-80 pubmed..Two (or more) regulatory pathways might control transcription in BACE2. Thus, BACE2 is partially suppressed in normal neuronal cells and likely to be a highly regulated gene expressed in a particularly tissue-specific fashion. ..
- Morin S, Gehlert D. Distribution of NPY Y5-like immunoreactivity in the rat brain. J Mol Neurosci. 2006;29:109-14 pubmed..With several exceptions, this pattern of distribution is consistent with earlier reports of rY5 mRNA and receptor protein expression. ..
- Lindsley A, Snider P, Zhou H, Rogers R, Wang J, Olaopa M, et al. Identification and characterization of a novel Schwann and outflow tract endocardial cushion lineage-restricted periostin enhancer. Dev Biol. 2007;307:340-55 pubmed
- Dong Z, Liu Z, Cui P, Pincheira R, Yang Y, Liu J, et al. Role of eIF3a in regulating cell cycle progression. Exp Cell Res. 2009;315:1889-94 pubmed publisher..However, eIF3a appears to play an important role in cellular responses to external cell cycle modulators likely by affecting synthesis of target proteins of these modulators. ..
- Dudhgaonkar S, Thyagarajan A, Sliva D. Suppression of the inflammatory response by triterpenes isolated from the mushroom Ganoderma lucidum. Int Immunopharmacol. 2009;9:1272-80 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the anti-inflammatory and anti-proliferative effects of GLT on macrophages are mediated through the inhibition of NF-kappaB and AP-1 signaling pathways. ..
- Sun J, Song F, Zhang W, Sexton B, Windsor L. Effects of alendronate on human osteoblast-like MG63 cells and matrix metalloproteinases. Arch Oral Biol. 2012;57:728-36 pubmed publisher..Alendronate inhibited MMP-2 activity at 10(-3) and 10(-2) M in the zymograms. In conclusion, non-toxic levels of alendronate (10(-8) to 10(-6) M) did not alter MMP expression in MG63 cells or inhibit MMP-2 activity. ..
- Bueno A, Showalter A, Wainscott D, Stutsman C, Marin A, Ficorilli J, et al. Positive Allosteric Modulation of the Glucagon-like Peptide-1 Receptor by Diverse Electrophiles. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:10700-15 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the findings provide pharmacological guidance for the discovery and characterization of small molecule GLP-1R ligands as possible therapeutics. ..
- Rhoden J, Dyas G, Wroblewski V. A Modeling and Experimental Investigation of the Effects of Antigen Density, Binding Affinity, and Antigen Expression Ratio on Bispecific Antibody Binding to Cell Surface Targets. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:11337-47 pubmed publisher..These mechanistic insights have implications in antibody engineering and structure/activity relationship determination in a variety of biological contexts. ..
- Crabb D, Stein P, Dipple K, Hittle J, Sidhu R, Qulali M, et al. Structure and expression of the rat class I alcohol dehydrogenase gene. Genomics. 1989;5:906-14 pubmed..The elements responsible for glucocorticoid stimulation of ADH gene transcription appear to reside outside of this region. ..
- Gehlert D, Beavers L, Johnson D, Gackenheimer S, Schober D, Gadski R. Expression cloning of a human brain neuropeptide Y Y2 receptor. Mol Pharmacol. 1996;49:224-8 pubmed..Thus, the receptor protein has the pharmacological properties and distribution of the human Y2 receptor. ..
- Blue E, Goeckeler Z, Jin Y, Hou L, Dixon S, Herring B, et al. 220- and 130-kDa MLCKs have distinct tissue distributions and intracellular localization patterns. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2002;282:C451-60 pubmed..These results suggest that in vivo, the physiological functions of the 220- and 130-kDa MLCKs are likely to be regulated by their intracellular trafficking and distribution. ..
- Broxmeyer H, Cooper S, Hangoc G, Kim C. Stromal cell-derived factor-1/CXCL12 selectively counteracts inhibitory effects of myelosuppressive chemokines on hematopoietic progenitor cell proliferation in vitro. Stem Cells Dev. 2005;14:199-203 pubmed..Thus, SDF-1/CXCL12 differentially and selectively regulates suppression of HPC proliferation by chemokines. These effects may counter myelosuppressive effects of certain chemokines in vivo, where proliferation of HPCs must be sustained. ..
- Kwon H, Huang B, Ho Jeoung N, Wu P, Steussy C, Harris R. Retinoic acids and trichostatin A (TSA), a histone deacetylase inhibitor, induce human pyruvate dehydrogenase kinase 4 (PDK4) gene expression. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2006;1759:141-51 pubmed..The p300/CBP may enhance acetylation of histones bound to the hPDK4 promoter and cooperate with Sp1 and CBF to stimulate transcription of the hPDK4 gene in response to RA and TSA. ..
- Liangpunsakul S, Sozio M, Shin E, Zhao Z, Xu Y, Ross R, et al. Inhibitory effect of ethanol on AMPK phosphorylation is mediated in part through elevated ceramide levels. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2010;298:G1004-12 pubmed publisher..We concluded that the effect of ethanol on AMPK appears to be mediated in part through increased cellular levels of ceramide and activation of PP2A. ..
- Akin B, Chen Z, Jones L. Superinhibitory phospholamban mutants compete with Ca2+ for binding to SERCA2a by stabilizing a unique nucleotide-dependent conformational state. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:28540-52 pubmed publisher..We conclude that PLB decreases Ca(2+) binding to SERCA2a by stabilizing a unique E2.ATP state that is unable to bind thapsigargin or vanadate. ..
- Datta Mannan A, Yaden B, Krishnan V, Jones B, Croy J. An engineered human follistatin variant: insights into the pharmacokinetic and pharmocodynamic relationships of a novel molecule with broad therapeutic potential. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2013;344:616-23 pubmed publisher..Moreover, our findings provide the first documented strategy toward the development of a follistatin therapeutic with potential use in patients affected with skeletal muscle diseases. ..
- Zhou D, Li P, Lin Y, Lott J, Hislop A, Canaday D, et al. Lamp-2a facilitates MHC class II presentation of cytoplasmic antigens. Immunity. 2005;22:571-81 pubmed..These results demonstrate a novel role for the lysosomal Lamp-2a-hsc70 complex in promoting immunological recognition and antigen presentation...
- Alvarez M, Childress P, Philip B, Gerard O Riley R, Hanlon M, Herbert B, et al. Immortalization and characterization of osteoblast cell lines generated from wild-type and Nmp4-null mouse bone marrow stromal cells using murine telomerase reverse transcriptase (mTERT). J Cell Physiol. 2012;227:1873-82 pubmed publisher..These immortalized cell lines will provide a valuable tool for disentangling the complex functional roles underlying Nmp4/CIZ regulation of bone anabolism. ..