Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
Locale: Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
Publications817 found, 100 shown here
- Kubek D, Burr D, Allen M. Ovariectomy stimulates and bisphosphonates inhibit intracortical remodeling in the mouse mandible. Orthod Craniofac Res. 2010;13:214-22 pubmed publisher..Based on this, if the suppression of intracortical remodeling is found to be part of the pathophysiology of ONJ, the ovariectomized C3H mouse could serve as a useful tool for studying this condition. ..
- Foroud T, Li T. Genetics of alcoholism: a review of recent studies in human and animal models. Am J Addict. 1999;8:261-78 pubmed..Through the development of congenic lines and transgenic and knock-out animals, candidate genes can be identified and evaluated for their role in alcohol preference. ..
- Sood R, Porter A, Ma K, Quilliam L, Wek R. Pancreatic eukaryotic initiation factor-2alpha kinase (PEK) homologues in humans, Drosophila melanogaster and Caenorhabditis elegans that mediate translational control in response to endoplasmic reticulum stress. Biochem J. 2000;346 Pt 2:281-93 pubmed..These results suggest that decreased translation initiation by PEK during ER stress may provide the cell with an opportunity to remedy the folding problem prior to introducing newly synthesized proteins into the secretory pathway. ..
- DeRosa D, Ryan P, Okragly A, Witcher D, Benschop R. Tumor-derived death receptor 6 modulates dendritic cell development. Cancer Immunol Immunother. 2008;57:777-87 pubmed..These results implicate MMP-14 and DR6 as a mechanism tumor cells can employ to actively escape detection by the immune system by affecting the generation of antigen presenting cells. ..
- Gokmen Polar Y, Toroni R, Hocevar B, Badve S, Zhao Q, Shen C, et al. Dual targeting of EphA2 and ER restores tamoxifen sensitivity in ER/EphA2-positive breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2011;127:375-84 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate that dual targeting of EphA2 and ER is a promising approach for delaying resistance to Tamoxifen. The data support our hypothesis that EphA2 impacts ER function via a FAK dependent pathway. ..
- Burlak C, Paris L, Chihara R, Sidner R, Reyes L, Downey S, et al. The fate of human platelets perfused through the pig liver: implications for xenotransplantation. Xenotransplantation. 2010;17:350-61 pubmed publisher..The creation of a model system to study xenotransplantation-induced thrombocytopenia makes possible the investigation into mechanisms that mediate platelet loss. ..
- Tao R, Xiong X, Depinho R, Deng C, Dong X. Hepatic SREBP-2 and cholesterol biosynthesis are regulated by FoxO3 and Sirt6. J Lipid Res. 2013;54:2745-53 pubmed publisher..Remarkably, Sirt6 or FoxO3 overexpression improves hypercholesterolemia in diet-induced or genetically obese mice. In summary, our data suggest an important role of hepatic Sirt6 and FoxO3 in the regulation of cholesterol homeostasis. ..
- Cala S, Jones L. Phosphorylation of cardiac and skeletal muscle calsequestrin isoforms by casein kinase II. Demonstration of a cluster of unique rapidly phosphorylated sites in cardiac calsequestrin. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:391-8 pubmed..The endogenous Pi of cardiac calsequestrin was also localized to the distinct COOH terminus. Our results indicate that the cardiac isoform of calsequestrin is the preferred substrate for casein kinase II both in vivo and in vitro. ..
- Park I, Roach P, Bondor J, Fox S, DePaoli Roach A. Molecular mechanism of the synergistic phosphorylation of phosphatase inhibitor-2. Cloning, expression, and site-directed mutagenesis of inhibitor-2. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:944-54 pubmed..Furthermore, acidic residues cannot substitute for the phosphate group either in enhancing GSK-3 phosphorylation or in activating the phosphatase. ..
- Klug M, Soonpaa M, Field L. DNA synthesis and multinucleation in embryonic stem cell-derived cardiomyocytes. Am J Physiol. 1995;269:H1913-21 pubmed..Given these observations, as well as the genetic tractability of ES cells, ES-derived cardiogenesis might provide a useful in vitro system with which to assess the molecular regulation of the cardiomyocyte cell cycle. ..
- Blazer Yost B, Butterworth M, Hartman A, Parker G, Faletti C, Els W, et al. Characterization and imaging of A6 epithelial cell clones expressing fluorescently labeled ENaC subunits. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2001;281:C624-32 pubmed
- Ingram D, Zhang L, McCarthy J, Wenning M, Fisher L, Yang F, et al. Lymphoproliferative defects in mice lacking the expression of neurofibromin: functional and biochemical consequences of Nf1 deficiency in T-cell development and function. Blood. 2002;100:3656-62 pubmed..Collectively, these results identify neurofibromin as a GAP for Ras in T cells for maintaining immune homeostasis in vivo. ..
- Firulli A. A HANDful of questions: the molecular biology of the heart and neural crest derivatives (HAND)-subclass of basic helix-loop-helix transcription factors. Gene. 2003;312:27-40 pubmed
- Pinaire J, Chou W, Morton M, You M, Zeng Y, Cho W, et al. Identification of a retinoid receptor response element in the human aldehyde dehydrogenase-2 promoter. Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 2003;27:1860-6 pubmed..This was confirmed in the case of RXRalpha using the RXR-specific ligand methoprene. The human aldehyde dehydrogenase-2 promoter contains a retinoid response element, which may contribute to regulation of the gene. ..
- Zhai L, Dietrich A, Skurat A, Roach P. Structure-function analysis of GNIP, the glycogenin-interacting protein. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2004;421:236-42 pubmed..Heterologous interactions between GNIP1 and GNIP2 were also detected. Since glycogenin is also a dimer, higher order multimeric complexes between glycogenin and GNIPs would be possible. ..
- Zhong J, Deng J, Huang S, Yang X, Lee W. High K+ and IGF-1 protect cerebellar granule neurons via distinct signaling pathways. J Neurosci Res. 2004;75:794-806 pubmed
- Powrozek T, Zhou F. Effects of prenatal alcohol exposure on the development of the vibrissal somatosensory cortical barrel network. Brain Res Dev Brain Res. 2005;155:135-46 pubmed
- Li W, Kim M, Gourley T, McCarthy B, Sant Angelo D, Chang C. An alternate pathway for CD4 T cell development: thymocyte-expressed MHC class II selects a distinct T cell population. Immunity. 2005;23:375-86 pubmed..Remarkably, the CD4 compartment in such mice is efficiently reconstituted with unique specificity, demonstrating a novel thymocyte-driven pathway of CD4 T cell selection. ..
- Zhou J, Hu G, Herring B. Smooth muscle-specific genes are differentially sensitive to inhibition by Elk-1. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:9874-85 pubmed
- Pelus L, Fukuda S. Chemokine-mobilized adult stem cells; defining a better hematopoietic graft. Leukemia. 2008;22:466-73 pubmed..It remains to be determined if the chemokine mobilization axis can be harnessed to mobilize other populations of unique adult stem cells with clinical utility...
- Mellon M, Bae K, Steding C, Jimenez J, Kao C, Gardner T. Suppression of renal cell carcinoma growth and metastasis with sustained antiangiogenic gene therapy. Hum Gene Ther. 2008;19:487-95 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that sustained EndoAngio gene therapy has effective antiangiogenic action against human RCC tumors and possesses potential as a novel treatment for metastatic renal cell carcinoma. ..
- Iwata T, Philipovskiy A, Fisher A, Presson R, Chiyo M, Lee J, et al. Anti-type V collagen humoral immunity in lung transplant primary graft dysfunction. J Immunol. 2008;181:5738-47 pubmed..This study demonstrates a major role for anti-col(V) humoral immunity in PGD, and identifies the airway epithelium as a target in PGD. ..
- Yang Z, Kondo T, Voorhorst C, NABINGER S, Ndong L, Yin F, et al. Increased c-Jun expression and reduced GATA2 expression promote aberrant monocytic differentiation induced by activating PTPN11 mutants. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:4376-93 pubmed publisher..1 complex at the Mcsfr promoter. Furthermore, JMML progenitors express higher levels of c-JUN than healthy controls, substantiating the disease relevance of these mechanistic findings. ..
- Franklin K, Engleman E, Ingraham C, McClaren J, Keith C, McBride W, et al. A single, moderate ethanol exposure alters extracellular dopamine levels and dopamine d receptor function in the nucleus accumbens of wistar rats. Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 2009;33:1721-30 pubmed publisher..The present results indicate that a single EtOH pretreatment at a moderate dose can increase DA neurotransmission in the NAc due, in part, to reduced D(2) autoreceptor function. ..
- Dale R. Birth statistics for African (Loxodonta africana) and Asian (Elephas maximus) elephants in human care: history and implications for elephant welfare. Zoo Biol. 2010;29:87-103 pubmed publisher..Confirming earlier anecdotal evidence, both African [N=47] and Asian [N=91] dams gave birth most often at night...
- Tagliabracci V, Heiss C, Karthik C, Contreras C, Glushka J, Ishihara M, et al. Phosphate incorporation during glycogen synthesis and Lafora disease. Cell Metab. 2011;13:274-82 pubmed publisher..We show that the phosphate in glycogen is present as C2 and C3 phosphomonoesters. Since hyperphosphorylation of glycogen causes Lafora disease, phosphate removal by laforin may thus be considered a repair or damage control mechanism. ..
- Wilkes D. Chronic lung allograft rejection and airway microvasculature: is HIF-1 the missing link?. J Clin Invest. 2011;121:2155-7 pubmed publisher..Data showing that overexpressing HIF-1? restores the microvascular airway normoxia and prevents airway fibrosis highlight a novel role for vascular biology in OB pathogenesis. ..
- Wang E, Meier D, Sandoval R, Von Hendy Willson V, Pressler B, Bunch R, et al. A portable fiberoptic ratiometric fluorescence analyzer provides rapid point-of-care determination of glomerular filtration rate in large animals. Kidney Int. 2012;81:112-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, our ratiometric technique allows for both measurement of plasma vascular volume and highly accurate real-time GFR determinations, enabling clinical decision making in real time...
- Chae H, Lee M, Broxmeyer H. 5-Aminoimidazole-4-carboxyamide ribonucleoside induces G(1)/S arrest and Nanog downregulation via p53 and enhances erythroid differentiation. Stem Cells. 2012;30:140-9 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that energy metabolism regulated by AMPK activity may control the balance of self-renewal and differentiation of ESCs. ..
- Ahlfeld S, Conway S. Aberrant signaling pathways of the lung mesenchyme and their contributions to the pathogenesis of bronchopulmonary dysplasia. Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol. 2012;94:3-15 pubmed publisher..Finally, future areas of research to identify novel targets affected in arrested lung development and recovery are discussed. ..
- Wright R, Johnson B, Zhang C, Salhoff C, Kingston A, Calligaro D, et al. CNS distribution of metabotropic glutamate 2 and 3 receptors: transgenic mice and [³H]LY459477 autoradiography. Neuropharmacology. 2013;66:89-98 pubmed publisher..This article is part of a Special Issue entitled 'Metabotropic Glutamate Receptors'...
- Lee J, Jin Y, He G, Zeng S, Wang Y, Wahl G, et al. Hypoxia activates tumor suppressor p53 by inducing ATR-Chk1 kinase cascade-mediated phosphorylation and consequent 14-3-3? inactivation of MDMX protein. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:20898-903 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that hypoxia can activate p53 through inactivation of MDMX by the ATR-Chk1-MDMX-14-3-3? pathway. ..
- Xiong X, Tao R, Depinho R, Dong X. The autophagy-related gene 14 (Atg14) is regulated by forkhead box O transcription factors and circadian rhythms and plays a critical role in hepatic autophagy and lipid metabolism. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:39107-14 pubmed publisher..In summary, our data suggest that Atg14 is a new target gene of FoxOs and the core clock machinery, and this gene plays an important role in hepatic lipid metabolism. ..
- Simon J, Ghetti B. Topographic distribution of dopamine uptake, choline uptake, choline acetyltransferase, and GABA uptake in the striata of weaver mutant mice. Neurochem Res. 1992;17:431-6 pubmed..The results also indicate that the striatal cholinergic and GABAergic interneurons are not directly or indirectly affected by the weaver gene. ..
- Tauchi T, Feng G, Shen R, Hoatlin M, Bagby G, Kabat D, et al. Involvement of SH2-containing phosphotyrosine phosphatase Syp in erythropoietin receptor signal transduction pathways. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:5631-5 pubmed..These results suggest that Syp may be an important signaling component downstream of the EpoR and may regulate the proliferation and differentiation of hematopoietic cells. ..
- Autry J, Jones L. Functional Co-expression of the canine cardiac Ca2+ pump and phospholamban in Spodoptera frugiperda (Sf21) cells reveals new insights on ATPase regulation. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:15872-80 pubmed
- Schmitzer P, Graupner P, Chapin E, Fields S, Gilbert J, Gray J, et al. Ribofuranosyl triazolone: a natural product herbicide with activity on adenylosuccinate synthetase following phosphorylation. J Nat Prod. 2000;63:777-81 pubmed..Metabolite reversal studies suggested the target site was adenylosuccinate synthetase, which was confirmed by direct measurement of the activity of the 5'-phosphorylated derivative on the isolated enzyme. ..
- Rahman S, McBride W. D1-D2 dopamine receptor interaction within the nucleus accumbens mediates long-loop negative feedback to the ventral tegmental area (VTA). J Neurochem. 2001;77:1248-55 pubmed
- Robertson M. Role of chemokines in the biology of natural killer cells. J Leukoc Biol. 2002;71:173-83 pubmed..Thus, chemokines appear to play an important role in afferent and efferent NK cell responses to infected and neoplastic cells. ..
- Torrungruang K, Shah R, Alvarez M, Bowen D, Gerard R, Pavalko F, et al. Osteoblast intracellular localization of Nmp4 proteins. Bone. 2002;30:931-6 pubmed..These data necessarily enlarge the known Nmp4 family from nuclear matrix transcription factors to a more widely extended class of intracellular proteins. ..
- Xie X, Chan R, Johnson S, Starr M, McCarthy J, Kapur R, et al. Thrombopoietin promotes mixed lineage and megakaryocytic colony-forming cell growth but inhibits primitive and definitive erythropoiesis in cells isolated from early murine yolk sacs. Blood. 2003;101:1329-35 pubmed..Thus, under certain growth factor conditions, Tpo directly inhibits early yolk sac erythroid CFU growth but facilitates megakaryocyte and mixed lineage colony formation. ..
- Zaretskaia M, Zaretsky D, DiMicco J. Role of the dorsomedial hypothalamus in thermogenesis and tachycardia caused by microinjection of prostaglandin E2 into the preoptic area in anesthetized rats. Neurosci Lett. 2003;340:1-4 pubmed..Therefore, thermogenic and tachycardic actions of PGE2 in the POA are at least in part a consequence of neuronal activity in the region of the DMH. ..
- Cao J, Burn P, Shi Y. Properties of the mouse intestinal acyl-CoA:monoacylglycerol acyltransferase, MGAT2. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:25657-63 pubmed..The elucidation of properties of MGAT2 will facilitate future development of compounds that inhibit dietary fat absorption as a means to treat obesity. ..
- Sen S, Sperry A, Childress M, Hannemann D. Juvenile hormone biosynthesis in moths: synthesis and evaluation of farnesol homologs as alternate substrates of farnesol oxidase. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2003;33:601-7 pubmed
- Yang N, Kays J, Skillman T, Burris L, Seng T, Hammond C. C75 [4-methylene-2-octyl-5-oxo-tetrahydro-furan-3-carboxylic acid] activates carnitine palmitoyltransferase-1 in isolated mitochondria and intact cells without displacement of bound malonyl CoA. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2005;312:127-33 pubmed..We conclude that CPT-1 is an activator of human CPT-1beta and other CPT-1 isoforms but that it does not activate CPT-1 through antagonism of malonyl CoA binding. ..
- Chun T, Pratt J. Aldosterone increases plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 synthesis in rat cardiomyocytes. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2005;239:55-61 pubmed..In summary, aldosterone directly increased PAI-1 expression in two different cardiac muscle cell types, an effect that was dependent on MR. In the neonatal cells, there appeared to be a requirement for transforming growth factor-beta1. ..
- Quilliam L. New insights into the mechanisms of SOS activation. Sci STKE. 2007;2007:pe67 pubmed..These studies not only enable us to better appreciate the complexity of the regulation of GEFs but also prompt us to reevaluate our current understanding of pathways that lead to Ras activation. ..
- McCarthy R, Spurlin B, Wright M, Breite A, Sturdevant L, Dwulet C, et al. Development and characterization of a collagen degradation assay to assess purified collagenase used in islet isolation. Transplant Proc. 2008;40:339-42 pubmed publisher..A collagen degradation activity (CDA) assay was developed to improve the biochemical characterization of purified collagenase used for islet isolation...
- Mead L, Prater D, Yoder M, Ingram D. Isolation and characterization of endothelial progenitor cells from human blood. Curr Protoc Stem Cell Biol. 2008;Chapter 2:Unit 2C.1 pubmed publisher..In this unit, we describe detailed methodologies for isolation and characterization of ECFCs from both human peripheral and umbilical cord blood. ..
- Reinwald S, Peterson R, Allen M, Burr D. Skeletal changes associated with the onset of type 2 diabetes in the ZDF and ZDSD rodent models. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2009;296:E765-74 pubmed publisher..Because the metabolic origin of the T2D-like state that develops in the ZDSD rat strain is highly relevant to adult-onset diabetes, it is a particularly attractive novel model for future preclinical research. ..
- Alley G, Bailey J, Chen D, Ray B, Puli L, Tanila H, et al. Memantine lowers amyloid-beta peptide levels in neuronal cultures and in APP/PS1 transgenic mice. J Neurosci Res. 2010;88:143-54 pubmed publisher..Memantine's ability to preserve neuronal cells against neurodegeneration, to increase metabolic activity, and to lower Abeta level has therapeutic implications for neurodegenerative disorders. ..
- Rayapureddi J, Tomamichel W, Walton S, Payne R. TAT fusion protein transduction into isolated mitochondria is accelerated by sodium channel inhibitors. Biochemistry. 2010;49:9470-9 pubmed publisher..The mechanism of TAT transduction into mitochondria therefore is distinctly different from transduction across the cell membrane. ..
- Stritesky G, Muthukrishnan R, Sehra S, Goswami R, Pham D, Travers J, et al. The transcription factor STAT3 is required for T helper 2 cell development. Immunity. 2011;34:39-49 pubmed publisher..Thus, STAT3 cooperates with STAT6 in promoting Th2 cell development. These results demonstrate that differentiating T helper cells integrate multiple STAT protein signals during Th2 cell development. ..
- Chua S, Chang P, Maruyama M, Turker I, Shinohara T, Shen M, et al. Small-conductance calcium-activated potassium channel and recurrent ventricular fibrillation in failing rabbit ventricles. Circ Res. 2011;108:971-9 pubmed publisher..002). Heart failure heterogeneously increases the sensitivity of I(KAS) to intracellular Ca(2+), leading to upregulation of I(KAS), postshock APD shortening, and recurrent SVF. ..
- Chi X, Amet T, Byrd D, Chang K, Shah K, Hu N, et al. Direct effects of HIV-1 Tat on excitability and survival of primary dorsal root ganglion neurons: possible contribution to HIV-1-associated pain. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e24412 pubmed publisher..Together, this work indicates that HIV-1 proteins are capable of producing pain signaling through direct actions on excitability and survival of sensory neurons. ..
- Ichikawa S, Austin A, Gray A, Econs M. A Phex mutation in a murine model of X-linked hypophosphatemia alters phosphate responsiveness of bone cells. J Bone Miner Res. 2012;27:453-60 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that Phex mutations alter the responsiveness of bone cells to extracellular phosphate concentrations and may create a lower set point for "normal" phosphate levels. ..
- Zimmers T, Jin X, Zhang Z, Jiang Y, Koniaris L. Epidermal growth factor receptor restoration rescues the fatty liver regeneration in mice. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2017;313:E440-E449 pubmed publisher..Loss of EGFR expression is rate limiting for liver regeneration in obesity. Therapies directed at increasing EGFR in steatosis might promote liver regeneration and survival following hepatic resection or transplantation. ..
- Hall S, Hassanzadeh Khayyat M, Knadler M, Mayer P. Pulmonary inversion of 2-arylpropionic acids: influence of protein binding. Chirality. 1992;4:349-52 pubmed
- Ghetti B, Triarhou L, Alyea C, Dlouhy S, Karn R. Unique cerebellar phenotype combining granule and Purkinje cell loss: morphological evidence for weaver* pcd double mutant mice. J Neurocytol. 1991;20:27-38 pubmed..We propose that (1) wv/wv*pcd/pcd double mutant mice are viable, and (2) the anatomical phenotype of such mice is a combined expression of the component phenotypes. ..
- Byers T, Beggs A, McNally E, Kunkel L. Novel actin crosslinker superfamily member identified by a two step degenerate PCR procedure. FEBS Lett. 1995;368:500-4 pubmed..Sequence comparisons argue that ACF7 does not fit into one of the existing families, but represents a new class within the superfamily. ..
- Fox N, Schrementi J, Nishi M, Ohagi S, Chan S, Heisserman J, et al. Human islet amyloid polypeptide transgenic mice as a model of non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus (NIDDM). FEBS Lett. 1993;323:40-4 pubmed..These animals provide a unique model for exploring this hypothesis and other proposed functions of IAPP. ..
- Quilliam L, Rebhun J, Castro A. A growing family of guanine nucleotide exchange factors is responsible for activation of Ras-family GTPases. Prog Nucleic Acid Res Mol Biol. 2002;71:391-444 pubmed
- Engleman E, McBride W, Li T, Lumeng L, Murphy J. Ethanol drinking experience attenuates (-)sulpiride-induced increases in extracellular dopamine levels in the nucleus accumbens of alcohol-preferring (P) rats. Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 2003;27:424-31 pubmed
- Liang T, Spence J, Liu L, Strother W, Chang H, Ellison J, et al. alpha-Synuclein maps to a quantitative trait locus for alcohol preference and is differentially expressed in alcohol-preferring and -nonpreferring rats. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:4690-5 pubmed..These results suggest that differential expression of the alpha-synuclein gene may contribute to alcohol preference in the iP rats. ..
- Chen H, Shi S, Acosta L, Li W, Lu J, Bao S, et al. BMP10 is essential for maintaining cardiac growth during murine cardiogenesis. Development. 2004;131:2219-31 pubmed..This may provide an underlying mechanism for understanding the pathogenesis of both structural and functional congenital heart defects. ..
- Spence J, Liang T, Habegger K, Carr L. Effect of polymorphism on expression of the neuropeptide Y gene in inbred alcohol-preferring and -nonpreferring rats. Neuroscience. 2005;131:871-6 pubmed..These results suggest that differential expression of the NPY gene resulting from the D4mit7 marker polymorphism may contribute to reduced levels of NPY in discrete brain regions in the iP rats. ..
- Myers C, Boyd J, Presson R, Vijay P, Coats A, Brown J, et al. Neonatal cavopulmonary assist: pulsatile versus steady-flow pulmonary perfusion. Ann Thorac Surg. 2006;81:257-63 pubmed..These results suggest that there is no benefit to pulsatile flow in this model. ..
- Herman R, Storer N, Gao Y. Digestion assays in allergenicity assessment of transgenic proteins. Environ Health Perspect. 2006;114:1154-7 pubmed
- Meng H, Gao R, Dai Q, Qiao X. Differential regulation of glutamate receptor-mediated BDNF mRNA expression in the cerebellum and its defects in stargazer mice. Neuropharmacology. 2007;53:81-91 pubmed..It indicates that the BDNF expression defect in the stg cerebellum is attributable to the AMPA receptor defect caused by the stargazin mutation. ..
- Zhu W, Xu P, Cuascut F, Hall A, Oxford G. Activin acutely sensitizes dorsal root ganglion neurons and induces hyperalgesia via PKC-mediated potentiation of transient receptor potential vanilloid I. J Neurosci. 2007;27:13770-80 pubmed..These data suggest that activin signals through its own receptor, involves PKCepsilon signaling to sensitize the TRPV1 channel, and contributes to acute thermal hyperalgesia. ..
- Renukaradhya G, Khan M, Shaji D, Brutkiewicz R. Vesicular stomatitis virus matrix protein impairs CD1d-mediated antigen presentation through activation of the p38 MAPK pathway. J Virol. 2008;82:12535-42 pubmed publisher..Thus, the VSV-M protein plays an important role in permitting the virus to evade important components of the innate immune response by regulating specific MAPK pathways. ..
- Pu X, Kamendulis L, Klaunig J. Acrylonitrile-induced oxidative stress and oxidative DNA damage in male Sprague-Dawley rats. Toxicol Sci. 2009;111:64-71 pubmed publisher..Since oxidative DNA damage in brain correlated with oxidative damage in WBC, these results suggest that monitoring WBC DNA damage maybe a useful tool to assess acrylonitrile-induced oxidative stress in humans. ..
- Liu N, Wang X, Lu Q, Xu X. Altered microRNA expression following traumatic spinal cord injury. Exp Neurol. 2009;219:424-9 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that abnormal expression of miRNAs may contribute to the pathogenesis of SCI and are potential targets for therapeutic interventions following SCI. ..
- Chang H, Han L, Jabeen R, Carotta S, Nutt S, Kaplan M. PU.1 regulates TCR expression by modulating GATA-3 activity. J Immunol. 2009;183:4887-94 pubmed publisher..Thus, we have identified a mechanism whereby increased GATA-3 function in the absence of the antagonizing activity of PU.1 leads to increased TCR expression, a reduced activation threshold, and increased homogeneity in Th2 populations. ..
- Jewell J, Oh E, Thurmond D. Exocytosis mechanisms underlying insulin release and glucose uptake: conserved roles for Munc18c and syntaxin 4. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2010;298:R517-31 pubmed publisher..Thus, we provide here an up-to-date historical review of advancements in defining the roles and molecular mechanisms of Munc18-syntaxin complexes in the pathophysiology of Type 2 diabetes. ..
- Johnson P, Fitz S, Hollis J, Moratalla R, Lightman S, Shekhar A, et al. Induction of c-Fos in 'panic/defence'-related brain circuits following brief hypercarbic gas exposure. J Psychopharmacol. 2011;25:26-36 pubmed publisher..These findings have implications for understanding how the brain senses changes in environmental CO(2) concentrations and the neural mechanisms underlying the subsequent adaptive changes in stress-related physiology and behaviour. ..
- Froehlich J, Hausauer B, Federoff D, Fischer S, Rasmussen D. Prazosin reduces alcohol drinking throughout prolonged treatment and blocks the initiation of drinking in rats selectively bred for high alcohol intake. Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 2013;37:1552-60 pubmed publisher..Prazosin may also be useful for deterring the initiation of drinking in individuals with a family history of alcoholism. ..
- Zaretsky D, Zaretskaia M, DiMicco J. Characterization of the relationship between spontaneous locomotor activity and cardiovascular parameters in conscious freely moving rats. Physiol Behav. 2016;154:60-7 pubmed publisher..We also found that the phase of daily cycle affects HR in conscious rats independent of locomotor activity. ..
- Lu L, Shen R, Zhou S, Srivastava C, Harrington M, Miyazawa K, et al. Synergistic effect of human lactoferrin and recombinant murine interferon-gamma on disease progression in mice infected with the polycythemia-inducing strain of the Friend virus complex. Int J Hematol. 1991;54:117-24 pubmed..This information might be of significance as a potential therapy for patients with leukemia and those infected with retroviruses...
- Watts S, Cohen M, Mooney P, Johnson B, Schoepp D, Baez M. Disruption of potential alpha-helix in the G loop of the guinea pig 5-hydroxytryptamine2 receptor does not prevent receptor coupling to phosphoinositide hydrolysis. J Neurochem. 1994;62:934-43 pubmed
- Bohlen H, Nase G. Dependence of intestinal arteriolar regulation on flow-mediated nitric oxide formation. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2000;279:H2249-58 pubmed..Therefore, moment-to-moment regulation of [NO] at rest is an ongoing process that is highly dependent on flow-dependent mechanisms...
- Crouse G, Sparks T, Schoonover J, Gifford J, Dripps J, Bruce T, et al. Recent advances in the chemistry of spinosyns. Pest Manag Sci. 2001;57:177-85 pubmed..Through this effort, measurably improved field performance of synthetic spinosyn analogs relative to the natural product have now been observed. ..
- Ko L, Cardona G, Iwasaki T, Bramlett K, Burris T, Chin W. Ser-884 adjacent to the LXXLL motif of coactivator TRBP defines selectivity for ERs and TRs. Mol Endocrinol. 2002;16:128-40 pubmed..As the differential recruitment of TRBP to ERalpha and ERbeta may rely on S884, our finding provides insight into estrogen signaling and may lead to the development of therapeutic receptor-selective peptide antagonists. ..
- Hallett M, Dagher P, Atkinson S. Rho GTPases show differential sensitivity to nucleotide triphosphate depletion in a model of ischemic cell injury. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2003;285:C129-38 pubmed..Our data are consistent with a principal role for RhoA in cytoskeletal reorganization during ischemia and demonstrate that the activity of Rho GTPases can be maintained even at low GTP concentrations. ..