Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on amino acid sequence in West Lafayette, Indiana, United States
Locale: West Lafayette, Indiana, United States
Topic: amino acid sequence
Publications202 found, 100 shown here
- Zhou G, Dixon J, Zalkin H. Cloning and expression of avian glutamine phosphoribosylpyrophosphate amidotransferase. Conservation of a bacterial propeptide sequence supports a role for posttranslational processing. J Biol Chem. 1990;265:21152-9 pubmed..In contrast, function in E. coli requires deletion of the sequence encoding the propeptide. Defective assembly of the iron component may restrict propeptide removal and activation of the avian amidotransferase in E. coli. ..
- Knapp D, Williams J, Andrisani O. Cloning of the canine interleukin-2-encoding cDNA. Gene. 1995;159:281-2 pubmed..The deduced amino acid (aa) sequence of canine IL-2 consists of 155 aa and displays 84% sequence similarity to human IL-2. ..
- Doyle K, Zhang Y, Baer R, Bina M. Distinguishable patterns of protein-DNA interactions involving complexes of basic helix-loop-helix proteins. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:12099-105 pubmed
- Muchhal U, Pardo J, Raghothama K. Phosphate transporters from the higher plant Arabidopsis thaliana. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:10519-23 pubmed..thaliana. The transcripts of both genes are expressed in roots and are not detectable in leaves. The steady-state level of their mRNAs increases in response to phosphate starvation. ..
- Stewart J, Hermodson M. Topology of RbsC, the membrane component of the Escherichia coli ribose transporter. J Bacteriol. 2003;185:5234-9 pubmed..This topology matches predictions from the latest prediction programs and the topology of the similar, recently crystallized membrane protein BtuC...
- Chen J, Lu G, Lin J, Davidson A, Quiocho F. A tweezers-like motion of the ATP-binding cassette dimer in an ABC transport cycle. Mol Cell. 2003;12:651-61 pubmed..The two nucleotide binding domains of the dimer open and close like a pair of tweezers, suggesting a regulatory mechanism for ATPase activity that may be tightly coupled to translocation...
- Leiman P, Kanamaru S, Mesyanzhinov V, Arisaka F, Rossmann M. Structure and morphogenesis of bacteriophage T4. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2003;60:2356-70 pubmed..Similar to other phages, and also herpes viruses, the unique vertex is occupied by a dodecameric portal protein, which is involved in DNA packaging. ..
- Messner D, Romeo C, Boynton A, Rossie S. Inhibition of PP2A, but not PP5, mediates p53 activation by low levels of okadaic acid in rat liver epithelial cells. J Cell Biochem. 2006;99:241-55 pubmed..In contrast, specific blockade of PP2A mimics p53-related responses to OA in T51B cells, suggesting that PP2A is the target for this response to OA. ..
- Saltzmann K, Giovanini M, Ohm H, Williams C. Transcript profiles of two wheat lipid transfer protein-encoding genes are altered during attack by Hessian fly larvae. Plant Physiol Biochem. 2010;48:54-61 pubmed publisher..Possible functions of LTP gene products in wheat-Hessian fly interactions are discussed...
- Kim J, Baek D, Park H, Chun H, Oh D, Lee M, et al. Overexpression of Arabidopsis YUCCA6 in potato results in high-auxin developmental phenotypes and enhanced resistance to water deficit. Mol Plant. 2013;6:337-49 pubmed publisher..The phenotype was correlated with reduced levels of reactive oxygen species in leaves. The results suggest a functional YUCCA pathway of auxin biosynthesis in potato that may be exploited to alter plant responses to the environment. ..
- Bai D, Moon T, Lopez Casillas F, Andrews P, Kim K. Analysis of the biotin-binding site on acetyl-CoA carboxylase from rat. Eur J Biochem. 1989;182:239-45 pubmed
- Weng M, Nagy P, Zalkin H. Identification of the Bacillus subtilis pur operon repressor. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995;92:7455-9 pubmed..In addition, purR is autoregulated. There is no structural or mechanistic similarity between the B. subtilis and Escherichia coli purine repressors. ..
- Ferreira P, Shortridge R, Pak W. Distinctive subtypes of bovine phospholipase C that have preferential expression in the retina and high homology to the norpA gene product of Drosophila. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1993;90:6042-6 pubmed..In view of the strong similarity in structure and tissue distribution, a defect in these proteins may have similar consequences in the mammalian retina. ..
- Schneider M, Post C. Solution structure of a band 3 peptide inhibitor bound to aldolase: a proposed mechanism for regulating binding by tyrosine phosphorylation. Biochemistry. 1995;34:16574-84 pubmed..This proposed intramolecular mechanism for blocking protein--protein association by electrostatic repulsion with the phosphoryl group may be applicable to other protein--protein signaling complexes. ..
- Dorsey M, Tae H, Sollenberger K, Mascarenhas N, Johansen L, Taparowsky E. B-ATF: a novel human bZIP protein that associates with members of the AP-1 transcription factor family. Oncogene. 1995;11:2255-65 pubmed
- Meyer K, Cusumano J, Somerville C, Chapple C. Ferulate-5-hydroxylase from Arabidopsis thaliana defines a new family of cytochrome P450-dependent monooxygenases. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:6869-74 pubmed..Since the highest degree of identity between F5H and previously sequenced P450s is only 34%, F5H identifies a new P450 subfamily that has been designated CYP84. ..
- Bochar D, Brown J, Doolittle W, Klenk H, Lam W, Schenk M, et al. 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl coenzyme A reductase of Sulfolobus solfataricus: DNA sequence, phylogeny, expression in Escherichia coli of the hmgA gene, and purification and kinetic characterization of the gene product. J Bacteriol. 1997;179:3632-8 pubmed..Unlike other HMG-CoA reductases, the enzyme was stable at 90 degrees C and was optimally active at pH 5.5 and 85 degrees C. ..
- Williams K, Nanda I, Lyons G, Kuo C, Schmid M, Leiden J, et al. Characterization of murine BATF: a negative regulator of activator protein-1 activity in the thymus. Eur J Immunol. 2001;31:1620-7 pubmed
- Qiu J, Jilk R, Marks M, Szymanski D. The Arabidopsis SPIKE1 gene is required for normal cell shape control and tissue development. Plant Cell. 2002;14:101-18 pubmed..The assembly of laterally clustered foci of microtubules and polarized growth are early events in cotyledon development, and both processes are misregulated in spike1 epidermal cells. ..
- Bernal R, Hafenstein S, Olson N, Bowman V, Chipman P, Baker T, et al. Structural studies of bacteriophage alpha3 assembly. J Mol Biol. 2003;325:11-24 pubmed..The icosahedrally ordered structural component of the ssDNA appears to be substantially increased in alpha3 compared to phiX174, allowing the building of about 10% of the ribose-phosphate backbone...
- Jeong J, Johns J, Sinclair C, Park J, Rossie S. Characterization of Saccharomyces cerevisiae protein Ser/Thr phosphatase T1 and comparison to its mammalian homolog PP5. BMC Cell Biol. 2003;4:3 pubmed..The observation that Ppt1p is most highly expressed during early log phase growth suggests that this enzyme is involved in cell growth or its expression is controlled by metabolic or nutritional signals. ..
- Shim W, Dunkle L. CZK3, a MAP kinase kinase kinase homolog in Cercospora zeae-maydis, regulates cercosporin biosynthesis, fungal development, and pathogenesis. Mol Plant Microbe Interact. 2003;16:760-8 pubmed..The results suggest that cercosporin is a virulence factor in C. zeae-maydis during maize pathogenesis, but the pleiotropic effects of CZK3 disruption precluded definitive conclusions. ..
- Hwang H, Gelvin S. Plant proteins that interact with VirB2, the Agrobacterium tumefaciens pilin protein, mediate plant transformation. Plant Cell. 2004;16:3148-67 pubmed publisher..We propose that the three BTI proteins and AtRAB8 are involved in the initial interaction of Agrobacterium with plant cells...
- Matsuda A, Forney J. Analysis of Paramecium tetraurelia A-51 surface antigen gene mutants reveals positive-feedback mechanisms for maintenance of expression and temperature-induced activation. Eukaryot Cell. 2005;4:1613-9 pubmed..These results indicate that expression of the wild-type gene is required to stabilize its own transcriptional state at 27 degrees C...
- Zhang Y, Higashide W, McCormick B, Chen J, Zhou D. The inflammation-associated Salmonella SopA is a HECT-like E3 ubiquitin ligase. Mol Microbiol. 2006;62:786-93 pubmed publisher..We speculate that SopA ubiquitinate bacterial/host proteins involved in Salmonella-induced intestinal inflammation...
- Boudko S, Kuhn R, Rossmann M. The coiled-coil domain structure of the Sin Nombre virus nucleocapsid protein. J Mol Biol. 2007;366:1538-44 pubmed..Thus, the amino-terminal part of the nucleocapsid protein is probably insufficient to initiate the trimerization of the full-length molecule. ..
- Wu B, Decourt B, Zabidi M, Wuethrich L, Kim W, Zhou Z, et al. Microtubule-mediated Src tyrosine kinase trafficking in neuronal growth cones. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:4611-27 pubmed publisher..Expression of constitutively active Src2 results in longer filopodia that protrude from smaller growth cones, implicating Src2 in controlling the size of filopodia and lamellipodia...
- Light A, Janska H. The amino-terminal sequence of the catalytic subunit of bovine enterokinase. J Protein Chem. 1991;10:475-80 pubmed..The presence of the conserved amino-terminal activation peptide sequence (IVGG) shows that enterokinase must have a zymogen precursor and that the two-chain enzyme arises from limited proteolysis during posttranslational processing. ..
- Farres J, Guan K, Weiner H. Primary structures of rat and bovine liver mitochondrial aldehyde dehydrogenases deduced from cDNA sequences. Eur J Biochem. 1989;180:67-74 pubmed..Comparisons with the amino acid sequences of other aldehyde dehydrogenases support the suggestion that the NAD-binding domain may be located in the middle portion of the mature enzyme. ..
- Lopez Casillas F, Bai D, Luo X, Kong I, Hermodson M, Kim K. Structure of the coding sequence and primary amino acid sequence of acetyl-coenzyme A carboxylase. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1988;85:5784-8 pubmed..The primary sequences of Ac-CoA carboxylase and carbamoyl phosphate synthetase exhibit substantial identity. ..
- Beltzer J, Morris S, Kohlhaw G. Yeast LEU4 encodes mitochondrial and nonmitochondrial forms of alpha-isopropylmalate synthase. J Biol Chem. 1988;263:368-74 pubmed..4 mM, and exists as a cytoplasmic dimer. ..
- Davis J, Zhou M, Van Etten R. Kinetic and site-directed mutagenesis studies of the cysteine residues of bovine low molecular weight phosphotyrosyl protein phosphatase. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:8734-40 pubmed..The C17A mutant had a 4-fold higher phosphate Ki and slightly higher Km values for p-nitrophenyl phosphate suggesting that Cys-17 may be important for optimal positioning of the substrate phosphate moiety. ..
- Agbandje M, McKenna R, Rossmann M, Strassheim M, Parrish C. Structure determination of feline panleukopenia virus empty particles. Proteins. 1993;16:155-71 pubmed..The structure is contrasted to that of CPV in terms of host range, neutralization by antibodies, hemagglutination properties, and binding of genomic DNA...
- Chapman M, Rossmann M. Structure, sequence, and function correlations among parvoviruses. Virology. 1993;194:491-508 pubmed
- McKenna R, Bowman B, Ilag L, Rossmann M, Fane B. Atomic structure of the degraded procapsid particle of the bacteriophage G4: induced structural changes in the presence of calcium ions and functional implications. J Mol Biol. 1996;256:736-50 pubmed..Binding of Ca2+ also caused the ordering of the conserved region of the DNA binding protein J, which was present in the degraded procapsid particle in the absence of DNA...
- Zhang H, Carrell C, Huang D, Sled V, Ohnishi T, Smith J, et al. Characterization and crystallization of the lumen side domain of the chloroplast Rieske iron-sulfur protein. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:31360-6 pubmed..1 A, b = 31.9 A, c = 35.8 A, alpha = 95.6 degrees, beta = 107.1 degrees, gamma = 117.3 degrees. ..
- Reecy J, Bidwell C, Briley G, Grant A. Structure and regulation of the porcine skeletal alpha-actin-encoding gene. Gene. 1996;180:23-8 pubmed..CAT activity was detected only in C2C12 myotubes. Thus, the porcine Sk-alpha-Act promoter is regulated in a developmental and cell-type specific manner. ..
- Jiang H, Weesner G, Malven P. cDNA sequence and expression of bovine prodynorphin. Gene. 1997;186:279-83 pubmed
- Skinner M, Puvathingal J, Walter R, Friedman A. Crystal structure of protein isoaspartyl methyltransferase: a catalyst for protein repair. Structure. 2000;8:1189-201 pubmed..The sequence conservation among PIMTs suggests that the current structure should prove a reliable model for understanding the repair of isoaspartyl damage in all organisms...
- Colbert C, Couture M, Eltis L, Bolin J. A cluster exposed: structure of the Rieske ferredoxin from biphenyl dioxygenase and the redox properties of Rieske Fe-S proteins. Structure. 2000;8:1267-78 pubmed..Moreover, it appears that the redox-linked ionizations of the Rieske proteins from proton-translocating complexes are also promoted by these electrostatic interactions...
- Yantiri F, Morre D. Isolation and characterization of a tumor-associated NADH oxidase (tNOX) from the HeLa cell surface. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2001;391:149-59 pubmed..The tNOX form from the surface of HeLa cells yielded N-terminal sequence consistent with a coidentity of the cell surface and serum forms of the two activities. ..
- Xu X, Chen C, Fan B, Chen Z. Physical and functional interactions between pathogen-induced Arabidopsis WRKY18, WRKY40, and WRKY60 transcription factors. Plant Cell. 2006;18:1310-26 pubmed..cinerea. These results indicate that the three WRKY proteins interact both physically and functionally in a complex pattern of overlapping, antagonistic, and distinct roles in plant responses to different types of microbial pathogens. ..
- Chu H, Low P. Mapping of glycolytic enzyme-binding sites on human erythrocyte band 3. Biochem J. 2006;400:143-51 pubmed..Taken together, these results argue that band 3 provides a nucleation site for the GE complex on the human erythrocyte membrane and that other components near band 3 must also participate in organizing the enzyme complex. ..
- Mirzaei H, Regnier F. Identification and quantification of protein carbonylation using light and heavy isotope labeled Girard's P reagent. J Chromatogr A. 2006;1134:122-33 pubmed
- Matsuda A, Shieh A, Chalker D, Forney J. The conjugation-specific Die5 protein is required for development of the somatic nucleus in both Paramecium and Tetrahymena. Eukaryot Cell. 2010;9:1087-99 pubmed publisher..Even though DNA rearrangements in these two ciliates look to be quite distinct, analysis of DIE5 establishes the action of a conserved mechanism within the genome reorganization pathway...
- Balasubramaniam D, Eissler C, Stauffacher C, Hall M. Use of selected reaction monitoring data for label-free quantification of protein modification stoichiometry. Proteomics. 2010;10:4301-5 pubmed publisher..Use of selected reaction monitoring is advantageous with complex biological samples and we show this approach can be used to quantify multiple PTMs independently on a single peptide. ..
- Williams C, Nemacheck J, Shukle J, Subramanyam S, Saltzmann K, Shukle R. Induced epidermal permeability modulates resistance and susceptibility of wheat seedlings to herbivory by Hessian fly larvae. J Exp Bot. 2011;62:4521-31 pubmed publisher..Permeability increased with higher infestation levels in susceptible but not in resistant plants. The ramifications of induced plant permeability on Hessian fly populations are discussed. ..
- BorrÃ s E, CantÃ³ E, Choi M, Maria Villar L, Ãlvarez CermeÃ±o J, Chiva C, et al. Protein-Based Classifier to Predict Conversion from Clinically Isolated Syndrome to Multiple Sclerosis. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2016;15:318-28 pubmed publisher..Our results are of special relevance for patients affected by multiple sclerosis as early treatment can prevent brain damage and slow down the disease progression. ..
- Zheng L, Andrews P, Hermodson M, Dixon J, Zalkin H. Cloning and structural characterization of porcine heart aconitase. J Biol Chem. 1990;265:2814-21 pubmed..Biol. Chem. 263, 8184-8189; Plank, D. W., Kennedy, M. C., Beinert, H., and Howard, J. B. (1989) J. Biol. Chem. 264, 20385-20393) shows that 198 of 202 amino acids are conserved and suggests that the two enzymes are virtually identical. ..
- Lee S, Benmoussa M, Sathe S, Roux K, Teuber S, Hamaker B. A 50 kDa maize gamma-zein has marked cross-reactivity with the almond major protein. J Agric Food Chem. 2005;53:7965-70 pubmed..The high immunoreactivity of the 50 kDa gamma-zein should be considered in maize quality improvement programs, and such notable cross-reactivity is of relevance in the design of antibody-based assays for almond allergen detection. ..
- Davidson A, Dassa E, Orelle C, Chen J. Structure, function, and evolution of bacterial ATP-binding cassette systems. Microbiol Mol Biol Rev. 2008;72:317-64, table of contents pubmed publisher..These advances are also important for elucidating the mechanism of action of eukaryotic ABC proteins, because functional defects in many of them are responsible for severe human inherited diseases...
- Vincent J, Ueng P, Lister R, Larkins B. Nucleotide sequences of coat protein genes for three isolates of barley yellow dwarf virus and their relationships to other luteovirus coat protein sequences. J Gen Virol. 1990;71 ( Pt 12):2791-9 pubmed..Amino acid sequence comparisons between BYDV isolates that share common aphid vectors indicate that it is unlikely that these coat proteins are involved in aphid specificity. ..
- Aronson A, Song H, Bourne N. Gene structure and precursor processing of a novel Bacillus subtilis spore coat protein. Mol Microbiol. 1989;3:437-44 pubmed..Transcription and translation occurred late in sporulation (stage V) and the upstream region contained sequences similar to those found in other spore coat genes. ..
- Aronson B, Somerville R, Epperly B, Dekker E. The primary structure of Escherichia coli L-threonine dehydrogenase. J Biol Chem. 1989;264:5226-32 pubmed..coli has been examined for possible homology to other NAD+-dependent dehydrogenases; indications are that this enzyme is a member of the zinc-containing long-chain alcohol/polyol dehydrogenase family. ..
- Zhang J, Aronson A. A Bacillus subtilis bglA gene encoding phospho-beta-glucosidase is inducible and closely linked to a NADH dehydrogenase-encoding gene. Gene. 1994;140:85-90 pubmed..subtilis chromosome. Disruption of these genes by insertion of a neomycin-resistance-encoding gene (neo) did not result in any phenotypic changes comparable to those found in E. coli mutants. ..
- Choi K, Zalkin H. Role of the purine repressor hinge sequence in repressor function. J Bacteriol. 1994;176:1767-72 pubmed..These results establish a role for the hinge region in operator binding and lead to a proposal for two routes to form the holoPurR-operator complex. ..
- Nagy P, McCorkle G, Zalkin H. purU, a source of formate for purT-dependent phosphoribosyl-N-formylglycinamide synthesis. J Bacteriol. 1993;175:7066-73 pubmed..On the basis of the growth of purU, purN, and purU purN mutants, it appears that PurU provides the major source of formate for the purT-dependent synthesis of FGAR...
- Hipskind J, Nicholson R, Goldsbrough P. Isolation of a cDNA encoding a novel leucine-rich repeat motif from Sorghum bicolor inoculated with fungi. Mol Plant Microbe Interact. 1996;9:819-25 pubmed..The presence of LRRs strongly suggests that the SLRR protein is involved in protein-ligand binding and therefore may be a component of a signal transduction pathway. ..
- Zuber M, Zhou Z, Burrus L, Olwin B. Cysteine-rich FGF receptor regulates intracellular FGF-1 and FGF-2 levels. J Cell Physiol. 1997;170:217-27 pubmed..The subcellular localization of CFR and its ability to regulate the levels of intracellular FGFs suggests that CFR may be involved in intracellular FGF trafficking and the regulation of cellular responses to FGFs. ..
- Liu C, Muchhal U, Raghothama K. Differential expression of TPS11, a phosphate starvation-induced gene in tomato. Plant Mol Biol. 1997;33:867-74 pubmed..The amount of TPSI1 transcript decreased rapidly when Pi-starved tomato plants were resupplied with Pi. These results suggest that TPSI1 gene expression may be a part of the early Pi starvation response mechanism in plants. ..
- Sarria R, Lyznik A, Vallejos C, Mackenzie S. A cytoplasmic male sterility-associated mitochondrial peptide in common bean is post-translationally regulated. Plant Cell. 1998;10:1217-28 pubmed..Our data suggest that ORF239 was undetected in vegetative tissue due to rapid turnover by at least one mitochondrial protease that acts against ORF239 post-translationally. ..
- Reverdatto S, Beilinson V, Nielsen N. A multisubunit acetyl coenzyme A carboxylase from soybean. Plant Physiol. 1999;119:961-78 pubmed..Even higher ACCase activities were recovered by mixing complexes from pea and soybean. The results demonstrate that the active form of ACCase can be reassembled and that it could form a high-molecular-mass complex...
- Smith T, Chase E, Schmidt T, Perry K. The structure of cucumber mosaic virus and comparison to cowpea chlorotic mottle virus. J Virol. 2000;74:7578-86 pubmed
- Hong J, Yankee T, Harrison M, Geahlen R. Regulation of signaling in B cells through the phosphorylation of Syk on linker region tyrosines. A mechanism for negative signaling by the Lyn tyrosine kinase. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:31703-14 pubmed..Thus, Syk and Lyn combine to determine the pathway through which the BCR is coupled to Ca(2+) mobilization as well as the magnitude and duration of the Ca(2+) flux. ..
- Lin T, Loa C, Wu C. Existence of gene 5 indicates close genomic relationship of Turkey coronavirus to infectious bronchitis virus. Acta Virol. 2002;46:107-16 pubmed..4% to 94.0%. The results indicate the existence of gene 5 in the genome of TCV and a close relatedness of the TCV gene 5 to the IBV gene 5 in location and nucleotide sequence. ..
- Ho K, Weiner H. Isolation and characterization of an aldehyde dehydrogenase encoded by the aldB gene of Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 2005;187:1067-73 pubmed..An R197E mutant of the bacterial enzyme appeared to retain very little NADP-dependent activity on acetaldehyde. ..
- Narasimhan M, Coca M, Jin J, Yamauchi T, Ito Y, Kadowaki T, et al. Osmotin is a homolog of mammalian adiponectin and controls apoptosis in yeast through a homolog of mammalian adiponectin receptor. Mol Cell. 2005;17:171-80 pubmed..However, the beta barrel domain of both proteins can be overlapped, and osmotin, like adiponectin, activates AMP kinase in C2C12 myocytes via adiponectin receptors. ..
- Zhu W, Banga S, Tan Y, Zheng C, Stephenson R, Gately J, et al. Comprehensive identification of protein substrates of the Dot/Icm type IV transporter of Legionella pneumophila. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e17638 pubmed publisher..Thus, our efforts have identified a large number of novel substrates of the Dot/Icm system and have revealed the diverse features recognizable by this protein transporter...
- Kilili G, LaCount D. An erythrocyte cytoskeleton-binding motif in exported Plasmodium falciparum proteins. Eukaryot Cell. 2011;10:1439-47 pubmed publisher..1R from lysates prepared from IOVs. These data demonstrated that the MEC motif is present and functional in at least six other P. falciparum proteins that are exported to the host cell cytoplasm. ..
- Mielech A, Kilianski A, Baez Santos Y, Mesecar A, Baker S. MERS-CoV papain-like protease has deISGylating and deubiquitinating activities. Virology. 2014;450-451:64-70 pubmed publisher..Overall these results indicate that the PLpro domains of MERS-CoV and SARS-CoV have the potential to modify the innate immune response to viral infection and contribute to viral pathogenesis. ..
- Peterson L, Roy A, Christoffer C, Terashi G, Kihara D. Modeling disordered protein interactions from biophysical principles. PLoS Comput Biol. 2017;13:e1005485 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the new technique significantly expands the capability of protein structure modeling and provides crucial insights into the molecular mechanisms of disordered PPIs. ..
- Thanh V, Tumer N, Nielsen N. The glycinin Gy2 gene from soybean. Nucleic Acids Res. 1989;17:4387 pubmed
- Rolfes R, Zalkin H. Escherichia coli gene purR encoding a repressor protein for purine nucleotide synthesis. Cloning, nucleotide sequence, and interaction with the purF operator. J Biol Chem. 1988;263:19653-61 pubmed..These four repressors are likely homologous. Amino acid sequence similarity is greatest in an amino-terminal region presumed to contain a DNA-binding domain. A similarity is also noted in the operator sites for these repressors. ..
- Zhang M, Van Etten R, Stauffacher C. Crystal structure of bovine heart phosphotyrosyl phosphatase at 2.2-A resolution. Biochemistry. 1994;33:11097-105 pubmed..Comparison of the BHPTP structure to the related, but structurally distinct enzyme PTP1B is made, illustrating the unique way this smallest of these phosphatases has formed the phosphotyrosine active site. ..
- Rodriguez C, Brayton K, Brownstein M, Dixon J. Rat preprocarboxypeptidase H. Cloning, characterization, and sequence of the cDNA and regulation of the mRNA by corticotropin-releasing factor. J Biol Chem. 1989;264:5988-95 pubmed..This suggests that the mRNA levels of POMC and one of its putative post-translational processing enzymes, carboxypeptidase H, are co-regulated by corticotropin-releasing factor and steroid hormones. ..
- Nichols R, Schneuwly S, Dixon J. Identification and characterization of a Drosophila homologue to the vertebrate neuropeptide cholecystokinin. J Biol Chem. 1988;263:12167-70 pubmed..In situ tissue hybridization indicates the presence of the transcript in the adult head. Chromosomal localization maps the gene to the third chromosome near 81F. ..
- Aronson B, Ravnikar P, Somerville R. Nucleotide sequence of the 2-amino-3-ketobutyrate coenzyme A ligase (kbl) gene of E. coli. Nucleic Acids Res. 1988;16:3586 pubmed
- Mukhopadhyay A, Avramova L, Weiner H. Tom34 unlike Tom20 does not interact with the leader sequences of mitochondrial precursor proteins. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2002;400:97-104 pubmed..It is concluded from our observation that Tom34 is a cytosolic protein, whose role appeared to be to interact with mature portion of some preproteins and may keep them in an unfolded, import compatible state. ..
- Kanamaru S, Leiman P, Kostyuchenko V, Chipman P, Mesyanzhinov V, Arisaka F, et al. Structure of the cell-puncturing device of bacteriophage T4. Nature. 2002;415:553-7 pubmed..The amino-terminal, antiparallel beta-barrel domain of gp5 is inserted into a cylinder formed by three gp27 monomers, which may serve as a channel for DNA ejection. ..
- Li H, Liu X, Yang X, Song B, Wang Y, Liu X. Polo-like kinase 1 phosphorylation of p150Glued facilitates nuclear envelope breakdown during prophase. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:14633-8 pubmed publisher..Taking these data together, we conclude that Plk1 phosphorylation of p150(Glued) might be one major pathway of NEBD regulation. ..
- Hord N, Perdew G. Physicochemical and immunocytochemical analysis of the aryl hydrocarbon receptor nuclear translocator: characterization of two monoclonal antibodies to the aryl hydrocarbon receptor nuclear translocator. Mol Pharmacol. 1994;46:618-26 pubmed..Immunofluorescence analysis of Arnt in three cell lines using two MAbs (to distinct epitopes) provides evidence that suggests that the aryl hydrocarbon receptor heterodimerizes with Arnt in the nucleus. ..
- Tomchick D, Turner R, Switzer R, Smith J. Adaptation of an enzyme to regulatory function: structure of Bacillus subtilis PyrR, a pyr RNA-binding attenuation protein and uracil phosphoribosyltransferase. Structure. 1998;6:337-50 pubmed..The structure is consistent with the idea that PyrR regulatory function is independent of catalytic activity, which is likely to be extremely low under physiological conditions. ..
- He Y, Mueller S, Chipman P, Bator C, Peng X, Bowman V, et al. Complexes of poliovirus serotypes with their common cellular receptor, CD155. J Virol. 2003;77:4827-35 pubmed..Many of these are likely to have lost their ability to bind CD155, resulting in there being only three PV serotypes. ..
- Rivera Burgos D, Regnier F. Native protein proteolysis in an immobilized enzyme reactor as a function of temperature. Anal Chem. 2012;84:7021-8 pubmed publisher..Results from this study suggest that the location of initial cleavage sites along with the path of subsequent digestion depends strongly on the type of treatment used to open protein structures up for proteolysis. ..
- Miesbauer L, Zhou X, Yang Z, Sun Y, Smith D, Smith J. Post-translational modifications of water-soluble human lens crystallins from young adults. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:12494-502 pubmed..This mass spectrometric characterization of the total water-soluble proteins from normal young adult lenses provides a reference data base for future investigations of the modifications present in aged and cataractous lenses. ..
- Zhang M, Stauffacher C, Lin D, Van Etten R. Crystal structure of a human low molecular weight phosphotyrosyl phosphatase. Implications for substrate specificity. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:21714-20 pubmed..A set of residues lying along this crevice (amino acids 49, 50, and 53) is suggested to be responsible for differences in substrate specificity in these two enzymes. ..