Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on two hybrid system techniques in Chicago, Illinois, United States
Locale: Chicago, Illinois, United States
Topic: two hybrid system techniques
- Peterson R, Andhare R, Rousche K, Knudson W, Wang W, Grossfield J, et al. CD44 modulates Smad1 activation in the BMP-7 signaling pathway. J Cell Biol. 2004;166:1081-91 pubmed..These results support a functional link between the BMP signaling cascade and CD44. Thus, changes in hyaluronan-cell interactions may serve as a means to modulate cellular responsiveness to BMP. ..
- Brooke J, Cha J, Eidels L. Latent transforming growth factor beta-binding protein-3 and fibulin-1C interact with the extracellular domain of the heparin-binding EGF-like growth factor precursor. BMC Cell Biol. 2002;3:2 pubmed..The interactions of the extracellular domain of proHB-EGF with LTBP-3 and fibulin-1C suggest novel functions for HB-EGF between cell and tissue surfaces. ..
- Jiang F, Ai J, Xiao W, Wang Z. FB1, an E2A fusion partner in childhood leukemia, interacts with U19/EAF2 and inhibits its transcriptional activity. Cancer Lett. 2007;253:265-72 pubmed..Interestingly, FB1 inhibited the transcriptional activity of U19/EAF2 but not EAF1. FB1 is an important binding partner and a functional regulator of U19/EAF2, EAF1, and/or ELL. ..
- Marty C, Browning D, Ye R. Identification of tetratricopeptide repeat 1 as an adaptor protein that interacts with heterotrimeric G proteins and the small GTPase Ras. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:3847-58 pubmed..Thus, TPR1 is a novel adaptor protein for Ras and selected Galpha proteins that may be involved in protein-protein interaction relating to G-protein signaling. ..
- Erfurth F, Hemenway C, de Erkenez A, Domer P. MLL fusion partners AF4 and AF9 interact at subnuclear foci. Leukemia. 2004;18:92-102 pubmed..The disruption of this web of interactions by fusion with MLL may be important to leukemogenesis. ..
- Wolfe B, Takaki T, Petronczki M, Glotzer M. Polo-like kinase 1 directs assembly of the HsCyk-4 RhoGAP/Ect2 RhoGEF complex to initiate cleavage furrow formation. PLoS Biol. 2009;7:e1000110 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data reveal that formation of the HsCyk-4-Ect2 complex is subject to multiple layers of regulation to ensure that RhoA activation occurs between the segregated sister chromatids during anaphase. ..
- Samanta J, Kessler J. Interactions between ID and OLIG proteins mediate the inhibitory effects of BMP4 on oligodendroglial differentiation. Development. 2004;131:4131-42 pubmed
- Cvetanovic M, Rooney R, Garcia J, Toporovskaya N, Zoghbi H, Opal P. The role of LANP and ataxin 1 in E4F-mediated transcriptional repression. EMBO Rep. 2007;8:671-7 pubmed..These results provide the first functional link, to our knowledge, between LANP and ataxin 1, and indicate a potential mechanism for the transcriptional aberrations observed in SCA1. ..
- Xu Y, Leung C, Lee D, Kennedy B, Crispino J. MTB, the murine homolog of condensin II subunit CAP-G2, represses transcription and promotes erythroid cell differentiation. Leukemia. 2006;20:1261-9 pubmed
- Sengupta S, Miller K, Homma K, Edge R, Cheatham M, Dallos P, et al. Interaction between the motor protein prestin and the transporter protein VAPA. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2010;1803:796-804 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that VAPA could be involved in prestin's transportation inside OHCs and may facilitate the targeting of this abundant OHC protein to the plasma membrane. ..
- Herzig R, Andersson U, Scarpulla R. Dynein light chain interacts with NRF-1 and EWG, structurally and functionally related transcription factors from humans and drosophila. J Cell Sci. 2000;113 Pt 23:4263-73 pubmed..Thus, the interaction with dynein light chain is conserved between transcription factors that are structurally and functionally similar between humans and Drosophila. ..
- Niu J, Vaiskunaite R, Suzuki N, Kozasa T, Carr D, Dulin N, et al. Interaction of heterotrimeric G13 protein with an A-kinase-anchoring protein 110 (AKAP110) mediates cAMP-independent PKA activation. Curr Biol. 2001;11:1686-90 pubmed..Finally, AKAP110 significantly potentiated G alpha 13-induced activation of PKA. Thus, AKAP110 provides a link between heterotrimeric G proteins and cAMP-independent activation of PKA. ..
- Grasberger H, Bell G. Subcellular recruitment by TSG118 and TSPYL implicates a role for zinc finger protein 106 in a novel developmental pathway. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2005;37:1421-37 pubmed..These results identify ZFP106 as a potential player in a novel pathway involved in testis development. ..
- Wentz Hunter K, Ueda J, Yue B. Protein interactions with myocilin. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2002;43:176-82 pubmed..The interaction of myocilin with RLC, a component of the myosin motor protein complex, implies a role for myocilin in the actomyosin system, linking in turn this novel protein to functional status of the TM. ..
- Chen X, Bonne S, Hatzfeld M, van Roy F, Green K. Protein binding and functional characterization of plakophilin 2. Evidence for its diverse roles in desmosomes and beta -catenin signaling. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:10512-22 pubmed
- Wu J, Luo S, Jiang H, Li H. Mammalian CHORD-containing protein 1 is a novel heat shock protein 90-interacting protein. FEBS Lett. 2005;579:421-6 pubmed..The unique Chp-1-Hsp90 interaction may be indicative of a distinct biological activity of Chp-1 and functional diversification of CHORD-containing proteins during evolution. ..
- Regan J, Laimins L. Bap31 is a novel target of the human papillomavirus E5 protein. J Virol. 2008;82:10042-51 pubmed publisher..These studies identify a novel binding partner of the high-risk HPV E5 proteins and provide insight into how the E5 proteins may modulate the life cycle in differentiating cells...
- Andreeva A, Kutuzov M, Vaiskunaite R, Profirovic J, Meigs T, Predescu S, et al. G alpha12 interaction with alphaSNAP induces VE-cadherin localization at endothelial junctions and regulates barrier function. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:30376-83 pubmed
- Kroczynska B, King Simmons L, Alloza L, Alava M, Elguindi E, Blond S. BIP co-chaperone MTJ1/ERDJ1 interacts with inter-alpha-trypsin inhibitor heavy chain 4. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;338:1467-77 pubmed..This work reveals that the SANT2 domain of HTJ1 is a genuine protein-protein interaction module. ..
- Lapik Y, Kaufman L. The Arabidopsis cupin domain protein AtPirin1 interacts with the G protein alpha-subunit GPA1 and regulates seed germination and early seedling development. Plant Cell. 2003;15:1578-90 pubmed..These data indicate that AtPirin1 likely functions immediately downstream of GPA1 in regulating seed germination and early seedling development. ..
- Okano K, Schnaper H, Bomsztyk K, Hayashida T. RACK1 binds to Smad3 to modulate transforming growth factor-beta1-stimulated alpha2(I) collagen transcription in renal tubular epithelial cells. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:26196-204 pubmed..These results suggest that RACK1 modulates transcription of alpha2(I) collagen by TGF-beta1 through interference with Smad3 binding to the gene promoter. ..
- Warpeha K, Upadhyay S, Yeh J, Adamiak J, Hawkins S, Lapik Y, et al. The GCR1, GPA1, PRN1, NF-Y signal chain mediates both blue light and abscisic acid responses in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2007;143:1590-600 pubmed..We also demonstrate that this mechanism is present in imbibed seeds wherein it affects germination rate. ..
- Bu H, Kashireddy P, Chang J, Zhu Y, Zhang Z, Zheng W, et al. ERBP, a novel estrogen receptor binding protein enhancing the activity of estrogen receptor. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;317:54-9 pubmed..The interaction of ERBP with ERalpha was further confirmed in vivo by immunoprecipitation. Transient transfection experiment demonstrated that ERBP enhanced the transcriptional activity of ERalpha. ..
- Smith E, Xu Y, Tomson B, Leung C, Fujiwara Y, Orkin S, et al. More than blood, a novel gene required for mammalian postimplantation development. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:1168-73 pubmed..Furthermore, Mtb(-/-) blastocysts exhibited a higher frequency of apoptotic cells than wild-type or heterozygous blastocysts. These findings demonstrate that Mtb is a novel gene that is essential for early embryonic development. ..
- Rajan S, Plant L, Rabin M, Butler M, Goldstein S. Sumoylation silences the plasma membrane leak K+ channel K2P1. Cell. 2005;121:37-47 pubmed..Removal of the peptide adduct by SUMO protease reveals K2P1 to be a K+-selective, pH-sensitive, openly rectifying channel regulated by reversible peptide linkage. ..
- Krause A, Zacharias W, Camarata T, Linkhart B, Law E, Lischke A, et al. Tbx5 and Tbx4 transcription factors interact with a new chicken PDZ-LIM protein in limb and heart development. Dev Biol. 2004;273:106-20 pubmed..The identification of a new Tbx5/4-specific binding factor further suggests a novel mechanism for Tbx transcription factor regulation in development and disease. ..
- Park K, Kim K, Howard A, Stark B, Webster D. Vitreoscilla hemoglobin binds to subunit I of cytochrome bo ubiquinol oxidases. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:33334-7 pubmed
- Mislow J, Holaska J, Kim M, Lee K, Segura Totten M, Wilson K, et al. Nesprin-1alpha self-associates and binds directly to emerin and lamin A in vitro. FEBS Lett. 2002;525:135-40 pubmed..We propose that membrane-anchored nesprin-1alpha antiparallel dimers interact with both emerin and lamin A to provide scaffolding at the inner nuclear membrane. ..
- Lipatova Z, Tokarev A, Jin Y, Mulholland J, Weisman L, Segev N. Direct interaction between a myosin V motor and the Rab GTPases Ypt31/32 is required for polarized secretion. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:4177-87 pubmed publisher..Together, these results indicate that Ypt31/32 play roles in both the formation of trans-Golgi vesicles and their subsequent Myo2-dependent motility. ..
- Chen S, Chen S, Tokarev A, Liu F, Jedd G, Segev N. Ypt31/32 GTPases and their novel F-box effector protein Rcy1 regulate protein recycling. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:178-92 pubmed
- Yue L, Lu S, Garces J, Jin T, Li J. Protein kinase C-regulated dynamitin-macrophage-enriched myristoylated alanine-rice C kinase substrate interaction is involved in macrophage cell spreading. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:23948-56 pubmed..Furthermore, the regulation of this interaction by PKC and Ca(2+)/calmodulin provides a possible regulatory mechanism for cell adhesion and spreading. ..