Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on subcellular fractions in Chicago, Illinois, United States
Locale: Chicago, Illinois, United States
Topic: subcellular fractions
- Derry J, Prins G, Ray V, Tyner A. Altered localization and activity of the intracellular tyrosine kinase BRK/Sik in prostate tumor cells. Oncogene. 2003;22:4212-20 pubmed..Altered BRK localization and/or activity may provide a prognostic indicator for prostate tumor progression and be a potential target for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Birukova A, Malyukova I, Poroyko V, Birukov K. Paxillin-beta-catenin interactions are involved in Rac/Cdc42-mediated endothelial barrier-protective response to oxidized phospholipids. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2007;293:L199-211 pubmed..In turn, paxillin knockdown by specific siRNA attenuated AJ enhancement in response to OxPAPC. These results show for the first time the novel interactions between FA and AJ protein complexes critical for EC barrier regulation by OxPAPC...
- Testai F, Landek M, Dawson G. Regulation of sphingomyelinases in cells of the oligodendrocyte lineage. J Neurosci Res. 2004;75:66-74 pubmed..We conclude that caspase 8 activates NSMase in rafts in oligodendrocytes and that the downstream apoptotic signal is via caspase 3. ..
- Paganoni S, Ferreira A. Expression and subcellular localization of Ror tyrosine kinase receptors are developmentally regulated in cultured hippocampal neurons. J Neurosci Res. 2003;73:429-40 pubmed..Taken collectively, our results suggest that Ror1 and Ror2 might play a role during early stages of development in mammalian central neurons. ..
- Comellas A, Kelly A, Trejo H, Briva A, Lee J, Sznajder J, et al. Insulin regulates alveolar epithelial function by inducing Na+/K+-ATPase translocation to the plasma membrane in a process mediated by the action of Akt. J Cell Sci. 2010;123:1343-51 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results suggest that Akt plays a major role in Na(+)/K(+)-ATPase intracellular translocation and thus in alveolar fluid reabsorption. ..
- Kulkarni S, Das S, Funk C, Murray D, Cho W. Molecular basis of the specific subcellular localization of the C2-like domain of 5-lipoxygenase. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:13167-74 pubmed..Together, these results show that the C2-like domain of 5-LO is a genuine Ca(2+)-dependent membrane-targeting domain and that the subcellular localization of the domain is governed in large part by its membrane binding properties. ..
- Herbert G, Shi B, Gartenhaus R. Expression and stabilization of the MCT-1 protein by DNA damaging agents. Oncogene. 2001;20:6777-83 pubmed..We demonstrate that increases in MCT-1 protein in irradiated human lymphoid cells do not occur at the mRNA level and do not require new protein synthesis. ..
- Wentz Hunter K, Ueda J, Shimizu N, Yue B. Myocilin is associated with mitochondria in human trabecular meshwork cells. J Cell Physiol. 2002;190:46-53 pubmed..However, the induced myocilin or myocilin-mitochondria association seems to render the cells more susceptible to a second stress or challenge. This vulnerability may be the basis that ultimately leads to pathological consequences. ..
- Erfurth F, Hemenway C, de Erkenez A, Domer P. MLL fusion partners AF4 and AF9 interact at subnuclear foci. Leukemia. 2004;18:92-102 pubmed..The disruption of this web of interactions by fusion with MLL may be important to leukemogenesis. ..
- Raleigh D, Marchiando A, Zhang Y, Shen L, Sasaki H, Wang Y, et al. Tight junction-associated MARVEL proteins marveld3, tricellulin, and occludin have distinct but overlapping functions. Mol Biol Cell. 2010;21:1200-13 pubmed publisher..The data further suggest that these proteins are best considered as a group with both redundant and unique contributions to epithelial function and tight junction regulation. ..
- Dey A, Norrbom C, Zhu X, Stein J, Zhang C, Ueda K, et al. Furin and prohormone convertase 1/3 are major convertases in the processing of mouse pro-growth hormone-releasing hormone. Endocrinology. 2004;145:1961-71 pubmed..We conclude that the efficient production of mature GHRH from pro-GHRH is a stepwise process mediated predominantly by furin at the N-terminal cleavage site followed by PC1/3 at the C terminus. ..
- Banan A, Zhang L, Shaikh M, Fields J, Farhadi A, Keshavarzian A. Theta-isoform of PKC is required for alterations in cytoskeletal dynamics and barrier permeability in intestinal epithelium: a novel function for PKC-theta. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2004;287:C218-34 pubmed..The ability to alter the cytoskeletal and barrier dynamics is a unique function not previously attributed to PKC-theta. ..
- Smalheiser N, Lugli G, Torvik V, Mise N, Ikeda R, Abe K. Natural antisense transcripts are co-expressed with sense mRNAs in synaptoneurosomes of adult mouse forebrain. Neurosci Res. 2008;62:236-9 pubmed publisher..This study provides evidence that a new class of noncoding RNAs (natural antisense transcripts) are expressed near synapses, and encourages further studies of their roles in neuronal function. ..
- Radeff J, Nagy Z, Stern P. Rho and Rho kinase are involved in parathyroid hormone-stimulated protein kinase C alpha translocation and IL-6 promoter activity in osteoblastic cells. J Bone Miner Res. 2004;19:1882-91 pubmed..difficile toxin B or Y27632. These results indicate that Rho proteins are an important component of PTH signaling in osteoblastic cells and provide further demonstration of convergence between PKC and small G-protein signaling pathways. ..
- Furuta M, Carroll R, Martin S, Swift H, Ravazzola M, Orci L, et al. Incomplete processing of proinsulin to insulin accompanied by elevation of Des-31,32 proinsulin intermediates in islets of mice lacking active PC2. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:3431-7 pubmed
- Sakai H, Shen X, Koga T, Park B, Noskina Y, Tibudan M, et al. Mitochondrial association of myocilin, product of a glaucoma gene, in human trabecular meshwork cells. J Cell Physiol. 2007;213:775-84 pubmed..These results confirmed the association of myocilin with TM cell mitochondria and indicated that myocilin may have a proapoptotic role in TM cells...
- Svensson E, Tufts R, Polk C, Leiden J. Molecular cloning of FOG-2: a modulator of transcription factor GATA-4 in cardiomyocytes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:956-61 pubmed
- Yamini B, Yu X, Dolan M, Wu M, Darga T, Kufe D, et al. Inhibition of nuclear factor-kappaB activity by temozolomide involves O6-methylguanine induced inhibition of p65 DNA binding. Cancer Res. 2007;67:6889-98 pubmed..This work shows a mechanism whereby O(6)-methylguanine adducts formed by temozolomide lead to inhibition of NF-kappaB activity and illustrates a link between mismatch repair processing of alkylator-induced DNA damage and cell death. ..
- Huprikar J, Dal Canto M, Rabinowitz S. Protection against lethal Venezuelan equine encephalitis (VEE) virus infection by cell-free supernatant obtained from immune spleen cells. J Neurol Sci. 1990;97:143-53 pubmed
- Wanamaker C, Green W. Endoplasmic reticulum chaperones stabilize nicotinic receptor subunits and regulate receptor assembly. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:31113-23 pubmed..Our results suggest that interactions with the chaperones regulate the levels of nAChRs assembled in the ER by stabilizing and sequestering subunits during assembly. ..
- Maher M, Flozak A, Hartsell A, Russell S, Beri R, Peled O, et al. Issues associated with assessing nuclear localization of N-terminally unphosphorylated beta-catenin with monoclonal antibody 8E7. Biol Direct. 2009;4:5 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal that interpretation of nuclear, signaling active beta-catenin using monoclonal antibody 8E7 should be considered judiciously, and in conjunction with independent methods. ..
- Runyan C, Schnaper H, Poncelet A. The role of internalization in transforming growth factor beta1-induced Smad2 association with Smad anchor for receptor activation (SARA) and Smad2-dependent signaling in human mesangial cells. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:8300-8 pubmed
- Zou X, Tsutsui T, Ray D, Blomquist J, Ichijo H, Ucker D, et al. The cell cycle-regulatory CDC25A phosphatase inhibits apoptosis signal-regulating kinase 1. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:4818-28 pubmed..These observations propose a mechanism of oncogenic transformation by the dual function of CDC25A on cell cycle progression and stress responses. ..
- Leem J, Vijayan S, Han P, Cai D, Machura M, Lopes K, et al. Presenilin 1 is required for maturation and cell surface accumulation of nicastrin. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:19236-40 pubmed..Our findings are consistent with PS1 influencing gamma-secretase processing at multiple steps, including maturation and intracellular trafficking of substrates and component(s) of the gamma-secretase complex. ..
- Waypa G, Marks J, Guzy R, Mungai P, Schriewer J, Dokic D, et al. Hypoxia triggers subcellular compartmental redox signaling in vascular smooth muscle cells. Circ Res. 2010;106:526-35 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that hypoxia causes a decrease in nonspecific ROS generation in the matrix compartment, whereas it increases regulated ROS production in the IMS, which diffuses to the cytosol of both PASMCs and SASMCs. ..
- Wang L, Chiang E, Simmons J, Garcia J, Dudek S. FTY720-induced human pulmonary endothelial barrier enhancement is mediated by c-Abl. Eur Respir J. 2011;38:78-88 pubmed publisher..FTY720 increased c-Abl tyrosine kinase activity and c-Abl siRNA attenuated peak barrier enhancement after FTY720. FTY720 enhances endothelial barrier function by a novel pathway involving c-Abl signalling. ..
- Boateng S, Senyo S, Qi L, Goldspink P, Russell B. Myocyte remodeling in response to hypertrophic stimuli requires nucleocytoplasmic shuttling of muscle LIM protein. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2009;47:426-35 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that nucleocytoplasmic shuttling MLP plays an important role in the regulation of the myocyte remodeling and hypertrophy and is required for adaptation to hypertrophic stimuli. ..
- Bhattacharyya S, Solakyildirim K, Zhang Z, Chen M, Linhardt R, Tobacman J. Cell-bound IL-8 increases in bronchial epithelial cells after arylsulfatase B silencing due to sequestration with chondroitin-4-sulfate. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2010;42:51-61 pubmed publisher..These findings provide evidence for the influential role of ASB and C4S in the regulation of IL-8 secretion, and suggest that changes in ASB activity and C4S content may have a significant impact on IL-8-mediated inflammatory responses. ..
- Shajahan A, Timblin B, Sandoval R, Tiruppathi C, Malik A, Minshall R. Role of Src-induced dynamin-2 phosphorylation in caveolae-mediated endocytosis in endothelial cells. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:20392-400 pubmed..Thus, Src-mediated phosphorylation of dynamin-2 is an essential requirement for scission of caveolae and the resultant transendothelial transport of albumin. ..
- Xie Z, Huganir R, Penzes P. Activity-dependent dendritic spine structural plasticity is regulated by small GTPase Rap1 and its target AF-6. Neuron. 2005;48:605-18 pubmed..These results identify a signaling pathway that regulates activity-dependent synaptic structural plasticity and coordinates it with functional plasticity. ..
- Chen S, Chen S, Tokarev A, Liu F, Jedd G, Segev N. Ypt31/32 GTPases and their novel F-box effector protein Rcy1 regulate protein recycling. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:178-92 pubmed
- Barbolina M, Liu Y, Gurler H, Kim M, Kajdacsy Balla A, Rooper L, et al. Matrix rigidity activates Wnt signaling through down-regulation of Dickkopf-1 protein. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:141-51 pubmed publisher..Similar results were obtained in other tissue-invasive cells such as vascular endothelial cells, suggesting a novel mechanism for functional coupling of matrix adhesion with Wnt signaling. ..
- Abe M, Kuo W, Hershenson M, Rosner M. Extracellular signal-regulated kinase 7 (ERK7), a novel ERK with a C-terminal domain that regulates its activity, its cellular localization, and cell growth. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:1301-12 pubmed..Taken together, these results elucidate a novel type of MAP kinase whereby interactions via its C-terminal tail, rather than extracellular signal-mediated activation cascades, regulate its activity, localization, and function. ..
- Henderson M, Wirak G, Zhang Y, Dai F, Ginsberg S, Dolzhanskaya N, et al. Neuronal ceroid lipofuscinosis with DNAJC5/CSPÎ± mutation has PPT1 pathology and exhibit aberrant protein palmitoylation. Acta Neuropathol. 2016;131:621-37 pubmed publisher..Our findings establish a functional link between two forms of NCL and serve as a springboard for investigations of NCL disease pathways. ..
- Kelly J, Bienias J, Shah A, Meeke K, Schneider J, Soriano E, et al. Levels of estrogen receptors alpha and beta in frontal cortex of patients with Alzheimer's disease: relationship to Mini-Mental State Examination scores. Curr Alzheimer Res. 2008;5:45-51 pubmed
- Demmerle J, Koch A, Holaska J. The nuclear envelope protein emerin binds directly to histone deacetylase 3 (HDAC3) and activates HDAC3 activity. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:22080-8 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data support a model whereby emerin facilitates repressive chromatin formation at the nuclear periphery by increasing the catalytic activity of HDAC3...
- Stahelin R, Digman M, Medkova M, Ananthanarayanan B, Rafter J, Melowic H, et al. Mechanism of diacylglycerol-induced membrane targeting and activation of protein kinase Cdelta. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:29501-12 pubmed..Collectively, these results provide new insight into the differential roles of C1 domains in the DAG-induced membrane activation of PKCdelta and the origin of its specific subcellular localization in response to DAG. ..
- Ke Y, Wang L, Pyle W, de Tombe P, Solaro R. Intracellular localization and functional effects of P21-activated kinase-1 (Pak1) in cardiac myocytes. Circ Res. 2004;94:194-200 pubmed..Our data provide evidence for a novel pathway of phosphatase regulation in cardiac myocytes. ..
- Lorch J, Klessner J, Park J, Getsios S, Wu Y, Stack M, et al. Epidermal growth factor receptor inhibition promotes desmosome assembly and strengthens intercellular adhesion in squamous cell carcinoma cells. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:37191-200 pubmed..Our results suggest that EGFR inhibition promotes desmosome assembly in oral squamous cell carcinoma cells, resulting in increased cell-cell adhesion. ..
- Palka H, Green K. Roles of plakoglobin end domains in desmosome assembly. J Cell Sci. 1997;110 ( Pt 19):2359-71 pubmed