Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on plant gene expression regulation in Urbana, Illinois, United States
Locale: Urbana, Illinois, United States
Topic: plant gene expression regulation
- Zabala G, Vodkin L. The wp mutation of Glycine max carries a gene-fragment-rich transposon of the CACTA superfamily. Plant Cell. 2005;17:2619-32 pubmed
- Duan H, Schuler M. Differential expression and evolution of the Arabidopsis CYP86A subfamily. Plant Physiol. 2005;137:1067-81 pubmed..Analysis of the promoter sequences for each of these genes with their expression patterns has highlighted a number of elements in current databases that potentially correlate with the responses of individual genes. ..
- Branen J, Shintani D, Engeseth N. Expression of antisense acyl carrier protein-4 reduces lipid content in Arabidopsis leaf tissue. Plant Physiol. 2003;132:748-56 pubmed..However, it has not yet been determined if the changes in fatty acid composition are due to changes in the profile of ACP isoforms, or if they are actually a reaction to a reduction in fatty acid precursors. ..
- Zielinski R. Characterization of three new members of the Arabidopsis thaliana calmodulin gene family: conserved and highly diverged members of the gene family functionally complement a yeast calmodulin null. Planta. 2002;214:446-55 pubmed..CaM9, and to a lesser degree CaM8, however, appear to represent Ca2+-binding sensor proteins that interact with a more limited set of target proteins than do more conventional CaM isoforms. ..
- Zhang N, Portis A. Mechanism of light regulation of Rubisco: a specific role for the larger Rubisco activase isoform involving reductive activation by thioredoxin-f. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:9438-43 pubmed..These findings suggest that in plants containing both isoforms, Rubisco activase regulates the activity of Rubisco in response to light-induced changes in both the ADP/ATP ratio and the redox potential via thioredoxin-f. ..
- Lal S, Lee C, Sachs M. Differential regulation of enolase during anaerobiosis in maize. Plant Physiol. 1998;118:1285-93 pubmed..We describe the expression of enolase in maize roots under anaerobic stress. ..
- Manjunath S, Sachs M. Molecular characterization and promoter analysis of the maize cytosolic glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate dehydrogenase gene family and its expression during anoxia. Plant Mol Biol. 1997;33:97-112 pubmed..The relevance of these elements in conferring anaerobic induction of gpc4 gene expression is discussed. ..
- Ma S, Gong Q, Bohnert H. Dissecting salt stress pathways. J Exp Bot. 2006;57:1097-107 pubmed..A network begins to emerge, revealing the basis of cross-talk between high salinity and other stresses. ..
- Duncan K, Hardin S, Huber S. The three maize sucrose synthase isoforms differ in distribution, localization, and phosphorylation. Plant Cell Physiol. 2006;47:959-71 pubmed publisher..Together, these results show that the isoforms of SUS are important in both cytosolic and membrane-associated sucrose degradation, but that their unique attributes most probably impart isoform-specific functional roles...
- Persans M, Wang J, Schuler M. Characterization of maize cytochrome P450 monooxygenases induced in response to safeners and bacterial pathogens. Plant Physiol. 2001;125:1126-38 pubmed..Expressed sequence tag (EST) 6c06b11 transcripts, encoding an undefined P450 activity, are highly induced in seedling shoots infected with bacterial pathogens. ..
- Gonzalez D, Vodkin L. Specific elements of the glyoxylate pathway play a significant role in the functional transition of the soybean cotyledon during seedling development. BMC Genomics. 2007;8:468 pubmed