Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on phosphoprotein phosphatase in Chicago, Illinois, United States
Locale: Chicago, Illinois, United States
Topic: phosphoprotein phosphatase
- Liu J, Ghanim M, Xue L, Brown C, Iossifov I, Angeletti C, et al. Analysis of Drosophila segmentation network identifies a JNK pathway factor overexpressed in kidney cancer. Science. 2009;323:1218-22 pubmed publisher..SPOP expression distinguished histological subtypes of RCC and facilitated identification of clear cell RCC as the primary tumor for metastatic lesions. ..
- Cheng G, Feng Z, He B. Herpes simplex virus 1 infection activates the endoplasmic reticulum resident kinase PERK and mediates eIF-2alpha dephosphorylation by the gamma(1)34.5 protein. J Virol. 2005;79:1379-88 pubmed..Together, these observations suggest that regulation of eIF-2alpha phosphorylation by the gamma(1)34.5 protein is an efficient way to antagonize the inhibitory activity of PKR as well as PERK during productive infection. ..
- Alcoser S, Hara M, Bell G, Ehrmann D. Association of the (AU)AT-rich element polymorphism in PPP1R3 with hormonal and metabolic features of polycystic ovary syndrome. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2004;89:2973-6 pubmed..8 pmol/liter). Studies of diabetic and nondiabetic PCOS women of other racial and ethnic backgrounds will be necessary to assess the impact of this and other variants in PPP1R3 upon the phenotype and natural history of women with PCOS. ..
- Mufson E, Counts S, Ginsberg S. Gene expression profiles of cholinergic nucleus basalis neurons in Alzheimer's disease. Neurochem Res. 2002;27:1035-48 pubmed..Thus, anterior NB neurons undergo selective alterations in gene expression in AD. These results may provide clues to the molecular pathogenesis of NB neuronal degeneration during AD. ..
- Elder R, Yu M, Chen M, Zhu X, Yanagida M, Zhao Y. HIV-1 Vpr induces cell cycle G2 arrest in fission yeast (Schizosaccharomyces pombe) through a pathway involving regulatory and catalytic subunits of PP2A and acting on both Wee1 and Cdc25. Virology. 2001;287:359-70 pubmed..These two genes may be part of the uncharacterized pathway for Vpr-induced G2 arrest in which Vpr upregulates PP2A to activate Wee1 and inhibit Cdc25. ..
- Kutuzov M, Andreeva A. Prediction of biological functions of Shewanella-like protein phosphatases (Shelphs) across different domains of life. Funct Integr Genomics. 2012;12:11-23 pubmed publisher..Some predicted biological processes and potential functional partners of Shelphs are common between different bacterial and/or eukaryotic lineages, suggesting evolutionary conservation of some Shelph regulatory modules...
- Charles C, Sun H, Lau L, Tonks N. The growth factor-inducible immediate-early gene 3CH134 encodes a protein-tyrosine-phosphatase. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1993;90:5292-6 pubmed..Since 3CH134 expression is controlled transcriptionally and posttranscriptionally, it may represent a class of PTPases whose activity is regulated at the level of protein synthesis and degradation. ..
- Ke Y, Wang L, Pyle W, de Tombe P, Solaro R. Intracellular localization and functional effects of P21-activated kinase-1 (Pak1) in cardiac myocytes. Circ Res. 2004;94:194-200 pubmed..Our data provide evidence for a novel pathway of phosphatase regulation in cardiac myocytes. ..
- Greenberg C, Meredith K, Yan L, Brady M. Protein targeting to glycogen overexpression results in the specific enhancement of glycogen storage in 3T3-L1 adipocytes. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:30835-42 pubmed
- Fenyvuesvolgyi C, Elder R, Benko Z, Liang D, Zhao R. Fission yeast homologue of Tip41-like proteins regulates type 2A phosphatases and responses to nitrogen sources. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2005;1746:155-62 pubmed..These results suggest that fission yeast Tip41 plays a role in cellular responses to nitrogen nutrient conditions at least partly through regulation of type 2A phosphatase activity. ..
- LaPointe N, Morfini G, Pigino G, Gaisina I, Kozikowski A, Binder L, et al. The amino terminus of tau inhibits kinesin-dependent axonal transport: implications for filament toxicity. J Neurosci Res. 2009;87:440-51 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that pathological tau aggregation contributes to neurodegeneration by altering a regulatory pathway for FAT. ..
- Lum H, Podolski J, Gurnack M, Schulz I, Huang F, Holian O. Protein phosphatase 2B inhibitor potentiates endothelial PKC activity and barrier dysfunction. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2001;281:L546-55 pubmed..These results indicated that PP2B may play a physiologically important role in returning endothelial barrier dysfunction to normal through the regulation of PKC...
- Belin R, Sumandea M, Allen E, Schoenfelt K, Wang H, Solaro R, et al. Augmented protein kinase C-alpha-induced myofilament protein phosphorylation contributes to myofilament dysfunction in experimental congestive heart failure. Circ Res. 2007;101:195-204 pubmed..Collectively, our results suggest that in end-stage congestive heart failure, the myofilament proteins exist in a hyperphosphorylated state attributable, in part, to increased activity and signaling of PKC-alpha. ..
- Mungre S, Enderle K, Turk B, Porras A, Wu Y, Mumby M, et al. Mutations which affect the inhibition of protein phosphatase 2A by simian virus 40 small-t antigen in vitro decrease viral transformation. J Virol. 1994;68:1675-81 pubmed..In contrast, the mutant small-t antigens were unimpaired in the transactivation of the adenovirus E2 promoter, an activity which was reduced by a double mutation in small-t residues 43 and 45. ..
- Kligys K, Claiborne J, DeBiase P, Hopkinson S, Wu Y, Mizuno K, et al. The slingshot family of phosphatases mediates Rac1 regulation of cofilin phosphorylation, laminin-332 organization, and motility behavior of keratinocytes. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:32520-8 pubmed
- Wu S, Solaro R. Protein kinase C zeta. A novel regulator of both phosphorylation and de-phosphorylation of cardiac sarcomeric proteins. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:30691-8 pubmed..Our data demonstrate that PKCzeta is a novel regulator of myofilament protein phosphorylation. ..
- Sheehan K, Ke Y, Solaro R. p21-Activated kinase-1 and its role in integrated regulation of cardiac contractility. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2007;293:R963-73 pubmed..We present a model for Pak1 signaling that provides a mechanism for specifically affecting cardiac cellular processes in which regulation of protein phosphorylation states by PP2A dephosphorylation predominates. ..
- Vahebi S, Ota A, Li M, Warren C, de Tombe P, Wang Y, et al. p38-MAPK induced dephosphorylation of alpha-tropomyosin is associated with depression of myocardial sarcomeric tension and ATPase activity. Circ Res. 2007;100:408-15 pubmed..These data are the first to indicate that chronic activation of p38alpha MAPK directly depresses sarcomeric function in association with decreased phosphorylation of alpha-tropomyosin. ..
- Kligys K, Yao J, Yu D, Jones J. 14-3-3zeta/tau heterodimers regulate Slingshot activity in migrating keratinocytes. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;383:450-4 pubmed publisher..These results implicate 14-3-3zeta/tau heterodimers as key regulators of SSH1 activity in keratinocytes and suggest they play a role in cytoskeleton remodeling during cell migration. ..
- Wu W, Pew T, Zou M, Pang D, Conzen S. Glucocorticoid receptor-induced MAPK phosphatase-1 (MPK-1) expression inhibits paclitaxel-associated MAPK activation and contributes to breast cancer cell survival. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:4117-24 pubmed..We conclude that GR-mediated MAPK inactivation contributes to cell survival and that the potential transcriptional targets of this inhibition can be identified from large scale gene array analysis. ..
- Jin H, Yan Z, Ma Y, Cao Y, He B. A herpesvirus virulence factor inhibits dendritic cell maturation through protein phosphatase 1 and Ikappa B kinase. J Virol. 2011;85:3397-407 pubmed publisher..Deletions or mutations in either domain abolish the activity of ?(1)34.5. These results suggest that the control of I?B kinase dephosphorylation by ?(1)34.5 represents a critical viral mechanism to disrupt dendritic cell functions. ..
- Hoang Q, Zhao P, Nakajima S, Nakajima Y. Orexin (hypocretin) effects on constitutively active inward rectifier K+ channels in cultured nucleus basalis neurons. J Neurophysiol. 2004;92:3183-91 pubmed..These results, taken together with our previous study, suggest that orexin receptors can elicit neuronal excitation through at least two families of inward rectifier K+ channels: GIRK and KirNB channels. ..
- Cheng G, Gross M, Brett M, He B. AlaArg motif in the carboxyl terminus of the gamma(1)34.5 protein of herpes simplex virus type 1 is required for the formation of a high-molecular-weight complex that dephosphorylates eIF-2alpha. J Virol. 2001;75:3666-74 pubmed..5 is functionally active in the absence of any other HSV proteins. In addition to a PP1 binding domain, the carboxyl terminus of gamma(1)34.5 contains an effector domain that is required to form a functional complex. ..
- Amin M, Dudeja P, Ramaswamy K, Malakooti J. Involvement of Sp1 and Sp3 in differential regulation of human NHE3 promoter activity by sodium butyrate and IFN-gamma/TNF-alpha. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2007;293:G374-82 pubmed..Our data suggest that the differential regulation of NHE3 gene expression by NaB and IFN-gamma/TNF-alpha is mediated through alternative pathways that converge on Sp1/Sp3. ..
- Lin W, Kunkler P, Harding H, Ron D, Kraig R, Popko B. Enhanced integrated stress response promotes myelinating oligodendrocyte survival in response to interferon-gamma. Am J Pathol. 2008;173:1508-17 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data provide evidence that an enhanced integrated stress response could promote oligodendrocyte survival in immune-mediated demyelination diseases. ..
- Greenberg C, Danos A, Brady M. Central role for protein targeting to glycogen in the maintenance of cellular glycogen stores in 3T3-L1 adipocytes. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:334-42 pubmed..Further, they suggest that reduction of glycogen stores induced cellular compensation by several mechanisms, but ultimately these changes could not overcome the loss of PTG expression. ..
- Malhotra P, Boddy C, Soni V, Saksena S, Dudeja P, Gill R, et al. D-Glucose modulates intestinal Niemann-Pick C1-like 1 (NPC1L1) gene expression via transcriptional regulation. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2013;304:G203-10 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, glucose appears to directly modulate NPC1L1 expression via transcriptional mechanisms and the involvement of phosphatase-dependent pathways. ..
- Tar K, Csortos C, Czikora I, Olah G, Ma S, Wadgaonkar R, et al. Role of protein phosphatase 2A in the regulation of endothelial cell cytoskeleton structure. J Cell Biochem. 2006;98:931-53 pubmed..PP2A-mediated dephosphorylation of HSP27 and tau correlated with PP2A-induced preservation of EC cytoskeleton and barrier maintenance. Collectively, our observations clearly demonstrate the crucial role of PP2A in EC barrier protection. ..
- Khalyfa A, Gharib S, Kim J, Dayyat E, Snow A, Bhattacharjee R, et al. Transcriptomic analysis identifies phosphatases as novel targets for adenotonsillar hypertrophy of pediatric obstructive sleep apnea. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2010;181:1114-20 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, functional studies confirm a novel role for protein phosphatases in AT hypertrophy, and may provide a promising strategy for discovery of novel, nonsurgical therapeutic targets in pediatric OSA. ..
- Charles C, Abler A, Lau L. cDNA sequence of a growth factor-inducible immediate early gene and characterization of its encoded protein. Oncogene. 1992;7:187-90 pubmed..Using affinity-purified antibodies, we have identified the 3CH134 protein in serum-stimulated Balb/c 3T3 cells and determined that it has a short half-life. ..