Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on molecular sequence data in Chicago, Illinois, United States
Locale: Chicago, Illinois, United States
Topic: molecular sequence data
Publications492 found, 100 shown here
- Carver L, Hogenesch J, Bradfield C. Tissue specific expression of the rat Ah-receptor and ARNT mRNAs. Nucleic Acids Res. 1994;22:3038-44 pubmed..In vitro expression studies demonstrated that in contrast to the full length AHR, the splice variant did not bind ligand nor did it bind to a cognate enhancer element in the presence of ARNT. ..
- Chutkow W, Simon M, Le Beau M, Burant C. Cloning, tissue expression, and chromosomal localization of SUR2, the putative drug-binding subunit of cardiac, skeletal muscle, and vascular KATP channels. Diabetes. 1996;45:1439-45 pubmed..Differences in sequence between SUR and between SUR2 isoforms may underlie the tissue-specific pharmacology of the KATP channel. ..
- Gerhardstein B, Puri T, Chien A, Hosey M. Identification of the sites phosphorylated by cyclic AMP-dependent protein kinase on the beta 2 subunit of L-type voltage-dependent calcium channels. Biochemistry. 1999;38:10361-70 pubmed..The sites phosphorylated by PKA are not substrates for protein kinase C (PKC), as the mutated beta 2 subunits lacking PKA sites remained good substrates for PKC. ..
- Xu L, O Toole E, Olivry T, Hernandez C, Peng J, Chen M, et al. Molecular cloning of canine bullous pemphigoid antigen 2 cDNA and immunomapping of NC16A domain by canine bullous pemphigoid autoantibodies. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2000;1500:97-107 pubmed..The cloning of the cDNA encoding this disease-associated protein may allow us to develop a canine model in dissecting the immunopathologic mechanism underlying bullous pemphigoid. ..
- Lai F, Godley L, Fernald A, Orelli B, Pamintuan L, Zhao N, et al. cDNA cloning and genomic structure of three genes localized to human chromosome band 5q31 encoding potential nuclear proteins. Genomics. 2000;70:123-30 pubmed..We evaluated each as a candidate tumor suppressor gene by the analysis of myeloid leukemia cells from patients with -5/del(5q), but no inactivating mutations were identified. ..
- Mukherjee S, Casanova J, Hunzicker Dunn M. Desensitization of the luteinizing hormone/choriogonadotropin receptor in ovarian follicular membranes is inhibited by catalytically inactive ARNO(+). J Biol Chem. 2001;276:6524-8 pubmed..As ARNO activation is independent of PI 3-kinase and G beta gamma, our results are consistent with a role for PIP(2) in receptor-stimulated ARNO activation. ..
- Cyriac J, Haleem R, Cai X, Wang Z. Androgen regulation of spermidine synthase expression in the rat prostate. Prostate. 2002;50:252-61 pubmed
- Eagar T, Karandikar N, Bluestone J, Miller S. The role of CTLA-4 in induction and maintenance of peripheral T cell tolerance. Eur J Immunol. 2002;32:972-81 pubmed
- Zhang J, Liu J, Yu C, Lin A. BAD Ser128 is not phosphorylated by c-Jun NH2-terminal kinase for promoting apoptosis. Cancer Res. 2005;65:8372-8 pubmed..Thus, our results show that Ser128 is not phosphorylated by JNK for promoting cell death. ..
- Thomas D, Plant L, Wilkens C, McCrossan Z, Goldstein S. Alternative translation initiation in rat brain yields K2P2.1 potassium channels permeable to sodium. Neuron. 2008;58:859-70 pubmed publisher..Control of ion selectivity via ATI is proposed to be a natural, epigenetic mechanism for spatial and temporal regulation of neuronal excitability. ..
- Zhang H, Podojil J, Luo X, Miller S. Intrinsic and induced regulation of the age-associated onset of spontaneous experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis. J Immunol. 2008;181:4638-47 pubmed..These data indicate that heterogeneous populations of Tregs regulate onset of sEAE, and that induction of peripheral tolerance can be exploited to prevent/treat spontaneous autoimmune disease. ..
- Lewandowska M, Costa F, Bischof J, Williams S, Soares M, Harris A. Multiple mechanisms influence regulation of the cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator gene promoter. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2010;43:334-41 pubmed publisher..Thus, methylation is not the main cause of inactivation of CFTR transcription. ..
- Kim H, Emolo C, Missiakas D, Schneewind O. A monoclonal antibody that recognizes the E domain of staphylococcal protein A. Vaccine. 2014;32:464-9 pubmed publisher..These results are in agreement with a model whereby wild-type SpA-immunization generates a limited antibody response without neutralizing and/or disease protective attributes. ..
- Watterson D, Collinge M, Lukas T, Van Eldik L, Birukov K, Stepanova O, et al. Multiple gene products are produced from a novel protein kinase transcription region. FEBS Lett. 1995;373:217-20 pubmed..The protein appears to be a higher molecular weight form of MLCK with additional amino terminal tail sequence which might provide differential subcellular targeting characteristics. ..
- Levy A, Kramer J. Identification, sequence and expression patterns of the Caenorhabditis elegans col-36 and col-40 collagen-encoding genes. Gene. 1993;137:281-5 pubmed..The col-40 transcript is present in L1 larvae and at the L2d-dauer molt. Different members of the col-6 family are structurally related, but have different developmental expression patterns. ..
- Nehme C, Cesario M, Myles D, Koppel D, Bartles J. Breaching the diffusion barrier that compartmentalizes the transmembrane glycoprotein CE9 to the posterior-tail plasma membrane domain of the rat spermatozoon. J Cell Biol. 1993;120:687-94 pubmed
- Desai B, Morrison D. An unstable competence-induced protein, CoiA, promotes processing of donor DNA after uptake during genetic transformation in Streptococcus pneumoniae. J Bacteriol. 2006;188:5177-86 pubmed
- Chen D, Reierstad S, Lu M, Lin Z, Ishikawa H, Bulun S. Regulation of breast cancer-associated aromatase promoters. Cancer Lett. 2009;273:15-27 pubmed publisher..Clinical side effects of these agents require development of new drugs with better specificity and efficacy, and epigenetic therapies with breast cancer tissue-selective aromatase siRNA-conjugated nanoparticles. ..
- Smeekens S, Steiner D. Identification of a human insulinoma cDNA encoding a novel mammalian protein structurally related to the yeast dibasic processing protease Kex2. J Biol Chem. 1990;265:2997-3000 pubmed..We propose that PC2 is a member of a family of mammalian Kex2/subtilisin-like proteases that includes members involved in a number of specific proteolytic events within cells, including the processing of prohormones. ..
- Ryan M, Sandell L. Differential expression of a cysteine-rich domain in the amino-terminal propeptide of type II (cartilage) procollagen by alternative splicing of mRNA. J Biol Chem. 1990;265:10334-9 pubmed..Consequently, the differential expression of this protein domain could alter the biosynthesis or fibril formation of type II collagen. In addition, the expression of exon 2 may be a marker for a distinct population of chondrocytes. ..
- Hagemann T, Chen Y, Rosen F, Kwan S. Genomic organization of the Btk gene and exon scanning for mutations in patients with X-linked agammaglobulinemia. Hum Mol Genet. 1994;3:1743-9 pubmed..In addition, the mutations identified may reveal residues involved in the specific protein interactions necessary in the B-cell developmental pathway, of which Btk is an integral component. ..
- Pilz D, Matsumoto N, Minnerath S, Mills P, Gleeson J, Allen K, et al. LIS1 and XLIS (DCX) mutations cause most classical lissencephaly, but different patterns of malformation. Hum Mol Genet. 1998;7:2029-37 pubmed..The distinct LIS patterns suggest that LIS1 and XLIS may be part of overlapping, but distinct, signaling pathways that promote neuronal migration. ..
- Girvin A, Dal Canto M, Rhee L, Salomon B, Sharpe A, Bluestone J, et al. A critical role for B7/CD28 costimulation in experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis: a comparative study using costimulatory molecule-deficient mice and monoclonal antibody blockade. J Immunol. 2000;164:136-43 pubmed..Collectively, these results support a critical role for CD28 costimulation in EAE induction. ..
- Lai F, Fernald A, Zhao N, Le Beau M. cDNA cloning, expression pattern, genomic structure and chromosomal location of RAB6KIFL, a human kinesin-like gene. Gene. 2000;248:117-25 pubmed..The description of this human kinesin-like protein may provide a better understanding of the diversity of this large family of proteins. ..
- Jensen M, True H, Chernoff Y, Lindquist S. Molecular population genetics and evolution of a prion-like protein in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2001;159:527-35 pubmed..We also conclude that the clinical strains of S. cerevisiae are not recently derived and that outcrossing between strains in S. cerevisiae may be relatively rare in nature. ..
- Palma J, Yauch R, Kang H, Lee H, Kim B. Preferential induction of IL-10 in APC correlates with a switch from Th1 to Th2 response following infection with a low pathogenic variant of Theiler's virus. J Immunol. 2002;168:4221-30 pubmed
- Peng X, Mehta R, Tonetti D, Christov K. Identification of novel RARbeta2 transcript variants with short 5'-UTRs in normal and cancerous breast epithelial cells. Oncogene. 2005;24:1296-301 pubmed..Our data suggest that the RARbeta2 transcript variants with short 5'-UTR may serve as major transcripts for RARbeta2 protein translation as well as potential targets for retinoids in breast cancer prevention and therapy studies. ..
- Choi E, Hope T. Mutational analysis of bovine leukemia virus Rex: identification of a dominant-negative inhibitor. J Virol. 2005;79:7172-81 pubmed..This dominant-negative derivative of BLV Rex could be a useful tool to test the concept of intracellular immunization against viral infection in a large animal model. ..
- Johnson R, Kang S, Kramer J. C. elegans dystroglycan DGN-1 functions in epithelia and neurons, but not muscle, and independently of dystrophin. Development. 2006;133:1911-21 pubmed..The DAPC-independent functions of DGN-1 in epithelia and neurons suggest that vertebrate DG may also act independently of dystrophin/utrophin in non-muscle tissues. ..
- Wang J, Cao Y, Chen Y, Chen Y, Gardner P, Steiner D. Pancreatic beta cells lack a low glucose and O2-inducible mitochondrial protein that augments cell survival. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:10636-41 pubmed..Ectopic expression of HIMP1 in MIN6 beta cells protects the cells from apoptosis induced by several stimuli and prolongs their survival. These results suggest an important role for HIMP1 in stress protective programs in mitochondria. ..
- Lemke S, Schmidt Ott U. Evidence for a composite anterior determinant in the hover fly Episyrphus balteatus (Syrphidae), a cyclorrhaphan fly with an anterodorsal serosa anlage. Development. 2009;136:117-27 pubmed publisher..We discuss our findings in a phylogenetic context and propose that Episyrphus employs a primitive cyclorrhaphan mechanism of AP axis specification. ..
- Hazra S, Szewczak A, Ort S, Konrad M, Lavie A. Post-translational phosphorylation of serine 74 of human deoxycytidine kinase favors the enzyme adopting the open conformation making it competent for nucleoside binding and release. Biochemistry. 2011;50:2870-80 pubmed publisher..We propose a reaction scheme for dCK that incorporates the transition between the open and closed states, and this serves to rationalize the observed kinetic differences between wild-type dCK and the S74E variant. ..
- Boyd A, Ghosh M, May T, Shinabarger D, Keogh R, Chakrabarty A. Sequence of the algL gene of Pseudomonas aeruginosa and purification of its alginate lyase product. Gene. 1993;131:1-8 pubmed..Thus, the algL gene is located within a region of the alginate biosynthetic gene cluster that appears to be non-essential for alginate production. ..
- Chu R, Lin Y, Rao M, Reddy J. Cloning and identification of rat deoxyuridine triphosphatase as an inhibitor of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:27670-6 pubmed..The identification of dUTPase as a PPAR-interacting protein suggests a possible link between tumorigenic peroxisome proliferators and the enzyme system involved in the maintenance of DNA fidelity. ..
- Yan S, Beeler J, Chen Y, Shelton R, Tang W. The regulation of type 7 adenylyl cyclase by its C1b region and Escherichia coli peptidylprolyl isomerase, SlyD. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:8500-6 pubmed..This inhibitory activity exhibited by the C1b domain may result from the interaction of 7C1b with 7C1a and 7C2a and may serve to hold AC7 in the basal nonstimulated state. ..
- Poncelet A, Schnaper H. Sp1 and Smad proteins cooperate to mediate transforming growth factor-beta 1-induced alpha 2(I) collagen expression in human glomerular mesangial cells. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:6983-92 pubmed..Thus, Sp1 and Smad proteins form complexes and their synergy plays an important role in mediating TGF-beta1-induced alpha2(I) collagen expression in human mesangial cells. ..
- Al Zoubi A, Efimova E, Kaithamana S, Martinez O, El Idrissi M, Dogan R, et al. Contrasting effects of IG20 and its splice isoforms, MADD and DENN-SV, on tumor necrosis factor alpha-induced apoptosis and activation of caspase-8 and -3. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:47202-11 pubmed..Our results show that IG20 can promote TNF-alpha-induced apoptosis and activation of caspase-8 and -3 and suggest that it may play a novel role in the regulation of the pleiotropic effects of TNF-alpha through alternative splicing. ..
- Malakooti J, Memark V, Dudeja P, Ramaswamy K. Molecular cloning and functional analysis of the human Na(+)/H(+) exchanger NHE3 promoter. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2002;282:G491-500 pubmed..Our studies suggest that the NHE3 expression is regulated by a combination of cis elements and their cognate transcription factors that include the AP-2 and Sp1 family members. ..
- Wu Y, Munshi H, Sen R, Snipas S, Salvesen G, Fridman R, et al. Glycosylation broadens the substrate profile of membrane type 1 matrix metalloproteinase. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:8278-89 pubmed..These data provide evidence for an additional mechanism for post-translational control of MT1-MMP activity and suggest that glycosylation of MT1-MMP may regulate its substrate targeting. ..
- Gillam M, Sidhaye A, Lee E, Rutishauser J, Stephan C, Kopp P. Functional characterization of pendrin in a polarized cell system. Evidence for pendrin-mediated apical iodide efflux. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:13004-10 pubmed..Consistent with the partial organification defect observed in patients with Pendred's syndrome, naturally occurring mutations of pendrin lead to impaired transport of iodide. ..
- Evans P, Anderson J, Vallender E, Gilbert S, Malcom C, Dorus S, et al. Adaptive evolution of ASPM, a major determinant of cerebral cortical size in humans. Hum Mol Genet. 2004;13:489-94 pubmed publisher..We therefore conclude that ASPM underwent strong adaptive evolution in the descent of Homo sapiens, which is consistent with its putative role in the evolutionary enlargement of the human brain...
- Gleyzer N, Vercauteren K, Scarpulla R. Control of mitochondrial transcription specificity factors (TFB1M and TFB2M) by nuclear respiratory factors (NRF-1 and NRF-2) and PGC-1 family coactivators. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:1354-66 pubmed..These results support the conclusion that the coordinate regulation of nucleus-encoded mitochondrial transcription factors by NRFs and PGC-1 family coactivators is essential to the control of mitochondrial biogenesis. ..
- Weihrauch D, Kanchanapoo J, Ao M, Prasad R, Piyachaturawat P, Rao M. Weanling, but not adult, rabbit colon absorbs bile acids: flux is linked to expression of putative bile acid transporters. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2006;290:G439-50 pubmed
- Minogue P, Liu X, Ebihara L, Beyer E, Berthoud V. An aberrant sequence in a connexin46 mutant underlies congenital cataracts. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:40788-95 pubmed..These results suggest a novel mechanism in which a mutation causes disease by generating a motif that leads to retention within the synthetic/secretory pathway. ..
- Chen M, Mudge C, Klumpp D. Urothelial lesion formation is mediated by TNFR1 during neurogenic cystitis. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2006;291:F741-9 pubmed
- Wang H, Doll J, Jiang K, Cundiff D, Czarnecki J, Wilson M, et al. Differential binding of plasminogen, plasmin, and angiostatin4.5 to cell surface beta-actin: implications for cancer-mediated angiogenesis. Cancer Res. 2006;66:7211-5 pubmed..5 results in its release from beta-actin. These data may explain the mechanism by which AS4.5 is formed locally on cancer cell surfaces and yet acts on distant sites. ..
- Xiao L, Zhao Q, Du Y, Yuan C, Solaro R, Buttrick P. PKCepsilon increases phosphorylation of the cardiac myosin binding protein C at serine 302 both in vitro and in vivo. Biochemistry. 2007;46:7054-61 pubmed..Taken together, our data show that the Ser302 on mouse cMyBPC is a likely PKCepsilon phosphorylation site both in vivo and in vitro and may contribute to the dilated cardiomyopathy associated with increased PKCepsilon activity. ..
- Dada L, Welch L, Zhou G, Ben Saadon R, Ciechanover A, Sznajder J. Phosphorylation and ubiquitination are necessary for Na,K-ATPase endocytosis during hypoxia. Cell Signal. 2007;19:1893-8 pubmed..We provide evidence that ubiquitination plays an important role in cellular adaptation to hypoxia by regulating Na,K-ATPase alpha(1)-subunit endocytosis. ..
- Strack R, Strongin D, Bhattacharyya D, Tao W, Berman A, Broxmeyer H, et al. A noncytotoxic DsRed variant for whole-cell labeling. Nat Methods. 2008;5:955-7 pubmed publisher..DsRed-Express2 exhibits strong and stable expression in bacterial and mammalian cells, and it outperforms other available RFPs with regard to photostability and phototoxicity. ..
- Plate A, Reimer J, Jardetzky T, Longnecker R. Mapping regions of Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) glycoprotein B (gB) important for fusion function with gH/gL. Virology. 2011;413:26-38 pubmed publisher..Together, our results suggest the importance of a gB-gH/gL interaction in EBV-mediated fusion with B cells requiring the region of EBV gB from 456 to 807...
- DÃ¡valos L, Velazco P, Warsi O, Smits P, Simmons N. Integrating incomplete fossils by isolating conflicting signal in saturated and non-independent morphological characters. Syst Biol. 2014;63:582-600 pubmed publisher..These relationships imply new calibration points for timing of radiation of the ecologically diverse Phyllostomidae. [Chiroptera; conflict; dentition; morphology; Phyllostomidae; saturation; scaffold; systematic error.]. ..
- Mitchell C, Morris P, Vary J. Identification of proteins phosphorylated by ATP during sporulation of Bacillus subtilis. J Bacteriol. 1992;174:2474-7 pubmed..One of the sequences had sequence homology (greater than 45%) to elongation factor G from several bacterial species, and four sequences matched the predicted amino-terminal sequences of the outB, orfY-tsr, orfU, and ptsH genes. ..
- Huang D, Jungmann R. Transcriptional regulation of the lactate dehydrogenase A subunit gene by the phorbol ester 12-O-tetradecanoylphorbol-13-acetate. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 1995;108:87-94 pubmed..Thus, our data demonstrate an active role of the protein kinase C signal pathway in regulating LDH A subunit gene expression which may be significant in regulating LDH isozyme patterns under various physiologic conditions. ..
- Virbasius C, Virbasius J, Scarpulla R. NRF-1, an activator involved in nuclear-mitochondrial interactions, utilizes a new DNA-binding domain conserved in a family of developmental regulators. Genes Dev. 1993;7:2431-45 pubmed..The DNA-binding domain in these molecules is unrelated to motifs found commonly in DNA-binding proteins; thus, NRF-1, P3A2, and EWG represent the founding members of a new class of highly conserved sequence-specific regulatory factors. ..
- Charles C, Yoon J, Simske J, Lau L. Genomic structure, cDNA sequence, and expression of gly96, a growth factor-inducible immediate-early gene encoding a short-lived glycosylated protein. Oncogene. 1993;8:797-801 pubmed..We have identified the Gly96 protein in Balb/c 3T3 cells using affinity-purified antibodies recognizing the Gly96 polypeptide. We show that Gly96 is glycosylated and has a short half-life in serum stimulated fibroblasts. ..
- Duckett C, Nava V, Gedrich R, Clem R, van Dongen J, Gilfillan M, et al. A conserved family of cellular genes related to the baculovirus iap gene and encoding apoptosis inhibitors. EMBO J. 1996;15:2685-94 pubmed..Together these data suggest that iap and related cellular genes play an evolutionarily conserved role in the regulation of apoptosis. ..
- Woeste K, Ye C, Kieber J. Two Arabidopsis mutants that overproduce ethylene are affected in the posttranscriptional regulation of 1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylic acid synthase. Plant Physiol. 1999;119:521-30 pubmed..Taken together, these data suggest that the eto1 and eto3 mutations elevate ethylene biosynthesis by affecting the posttranscriptional regulation of ACS. ..
- Kim S, Veenstra Vanderweele J, Hanna G, Gonen D, Leventhal B, Cook E. Mutation screening of human 5-HT(2B)receptor gene in early-onset obsessive-compulsive disorder. Mol Cell Probes. 2000;14:47-52 pubmed..It does not appear likely to affect splicing. No evidence for functional mutation was found in the sequenced regions of HTR2B. ..
- Minasov G, Teplova M, Stewart G, Koonin E, Anderson W, Egli M. Functional implications from crystal structures of the conserved Bacillus subtilis protein Maf with and without dUTP. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2000;97:6328-33 pubmed..These results emphasize the potential of structural genomics to reveal new unexpected connections between protein families previously considered unrelated. ..
- Wuerffel R, Ma L, Kenter A. NF-kappa B p50-dependent in vivo footprints at Ig S gamma 3 DNA are correlated with mu-->gamma 3 switch recombination. J Immunol. 2001;166:4552-9 pubmed..These studies provide evidence of nucleoprotein interactions at switch DNA in vivo and suggest a direct interaction of p50 with S gamma 3 DNA that is strongly correlated with SR competence. ..
- Villavicencio E, Yoon J, Frank D, Füchtbauer E, Walterhouse D, Iannaccone P. Cooperative E-box regulation of human GLI1 by TWIST and USF. Genesis. 2002;32:247-58 pubmed..Twist mutations cause human birth defects and Twist is overexpressed in many rhabdomyosarcomas, suggesting that one of Twist's primary roles is the regulation of GLI1. ..
- Sharkov N, Ramsay G, Katzen A. The DNA replication-related element-binding factor (DREF) is a transcriptional regulator of the Drosophila myb gene. Gene. 2002;297:209-19 pubmed
- Segura Pe a D, Lutz S, Monnerjahn C, Konrad M, Lavie A. Binding of ATP to TK1-like enzymes is associated with a conformational change in the quaternary structure. J Mol Biol. 2007;369:129-41 pubmed publisher..A more open conformation, as seen in the TmTK-TP4A complex structure, is required to provide space for the adenosine moiety. Our analysis supports the formation of an analogous open conformation in hTK1 upon ATP binding...
- Kulisz A, Simon H. An evolutionarily conserved nuclear export signal facilitates cytoplasmic localization of the Tbx5 transcription factor. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:1553-64 pubmed..This first demonstration of evolutionarily conserved NESs in all T-box proteins in conjunction with NLSs indicates a primordial function of T-box proteins to dynamically shuttle between nuclear and cytoplasmic compartments of the cell. ..
- Budzik J, Marraffini L, Souda P, Whitelegge J, Faull K, Schneewind O. Amide bonds assemble pili on the surface of bacilli. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:10215-20 pubmed publisher..Conservation of catalysts and structural elements in pilin precursors in Gram-positive bacteria suggests a universal mechanism of fiber assembly. ..
- Duffin P, Seifert H. ksgA mutations confer resistance to kasugamycin in Neisseria gonorrhoeae. Int J Antimicrob Agents. 2009;33:321-7 pubmed publisher..Additionally, spontaneous KSG(R) mutants arise by a variety of ksgA mutations...
- Emmer B, Souther C, Toriello K, Olson C, Epting C, Engman D. Identification of a palmitoyl acyltransferase required for protein sorting to the flagellar membrane. J Cell Sci. 2009;122:867-74 pubmed publisher..Our results implicate protein palmitoylation in flagellar trafficking, and demonstrate the conservation and specificity of palmitoyl acyltransferase activity by DHHC-CRD proteins across kingdoms. ..
- Poor C, Chen P, Duguid E, Rice P, He C. Crystal structures of the reduced, sulfenic acid, and mixed disulfide forms of SarZ, a redox active global regulator in Staphylococcus aureus. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:23517-24 pubmed publisher..These structures help to understand redox-mediated virulence regulation in S. aureus and activation of the MarR family proteins in general. ..
- Lam K, Wang H, Siaw T, Chapman M, Waring A, Kindt J, et al. Mechanism of structural transformations induced by antimicrobial peptides in lipid membranes. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2012;1818:194-204 pubmed publisher..A generalized model of AMP induced structural transformations is also presented in this work. This article is part of a Special Issue entitled: Membrane protein structure and function. ..
- Ramirez K, Chandler K, Spaulding C, Zandi S, Sigvardsson M, Graves B, et al. Gene deregulation and chronic activation in natural killer cells deficient in the transcription factor ETS1. Immunity. 2012;36:921-32 pubmed publisher..Therefore, ETS1 regulates a broad gene expression program in NK cells that promotes target cell recognition while limiting cytokine-driven activation. ..
- Jiang X, Huang H, Li Z, He C, Li Y, Chen P, et al. MiR-495 is a tumor-suppressor microRNA down-regulated in MLL-rearranged leukemia. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:19397-402 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data indicate that miR-495 likely functions as a tumor suppressor in AML with MLL rearrangements by targeting essential leukemia-related genes. ..
- Parysek L, Chisholm R, Ley C, Goldman R. A type III intermediate filament gene is expressed in mature neurons. Neuron. 1988;1:395-401 pubmed..Amino acid sequence predicted from 199E indicates that the 57 kd protein is a type III IF protein like vimentin and desmin. Thus, expression of IF structural genes in neurons is not limited to the type IV neuronal IF triplet proteins. ..
- Stappenbeck T, Lamb J, Corcoran C, Green K. Phosphorylation of the desmoplakin COOH terminus negatively regulates its interaction with keratin intermediate filament networks. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:29351-4 pubmed..These results suggest that phosphorylation of a specific residue in the DP COOH terminus may negatively regulate its interaction with keratin IF networks. ..
- Hirano K, Young S, Farese R, Ng J, Sande E, Warburton C, et al. Targeted disruption of the mouse apobec-1 gene abolishes apolipoprotein B mRNA editing and eliminates apolipoprotein B48. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:9887-90 pubmed..The apobec-1-/- mice lacked detectable levels of Apobec-1 mRNA, expressed only unedited apoB mRNA in all tissues, and contained no apoB48 in their serum, demonstrating that there is no functional duplication of this gene. ..
- Kuliev A, Kukharenko V, Morozov G, Freidine M, Rechitsky S, Verlinsky O, et al. Expression of homebox-containing genes in human preimplantation development and in embryos with chromosomal aneuploidies. J Assist Reprod Genet. 1996;13:177-81 pubmed..The pattern of expression of homeobox genes in cultured fibroblasts derived from spontaneously aborted embryos with aneuploidies was different from that in control diploid cells. ..
- Tan F, Rehli M, Krause S, Skidgel R. Sequence of human carboxypeptidase D reveals it to be a member of the regulatory carboxypeptidase family with three tandem active site domains. Biochem J. 1997;327 ( Pt 1):81-7 pubmed..Northern blotting of mRNA from human tissues and cells showed high levels of CPD mRNA in placenta, pancreas and Hep G2 hepatoma cells, and smaller amounts in skeletal muscle, heart and HT-29 colon carcinoma and melanoma cell lines. ..
- Katzen A, Jackson J, Harmon B, Fung S, Ramsay G, Bishop J. Drosophila myb is required for the G2/M transition and maintenance of diploidy. Genes Dev. 1998;12:831-43 pubmed..We conclude that Dm myb is required for completion of cell division and may serve two independent functions: promotion of mitosis, on the one hand, and prevention of endoreduplication when cells are arrested in G2, on the other. ..
- Matsumoto N, Pilz D, Ledbetter D. Genomic structure, chromosomal mapping, and expression pattern of human DCAMKL1 (KIAA0369), a homologue of DCX (XLIS). Genomics. 1999;56:179-83 pubmed..DCAMKL1 was mapped to chromosome 13q13 by fluorescence in situ hybridization. Northern blot analysis showed DCAMKL1 to be predominantly expressed in human fetal brain as a major transcript of about 5.8 kb. ..
- Yang Y, Bauer C, Strasser G, Wollman R, Julien J, Fuchs E. Integrators of the cytoskeleton that stabilize microtubules. Cell. 1999;98:229-38 pubmed..Its isoforms interconnect all three cytoskeletal networks, a feature apparently central to neuronal survival. ..
- Zeremski M, Hill J, Kwek S, Grigorian I, Gurova K, Garkavtsev I, et al. Structure and regulation of the mouse ing1 gene. Three alternative transcripts encode two phd finger proteins that have opposite effects on p53 function. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:32172-81 pubmed..These results indicate that a single gene, ing1, encodes both p53-suppressing and p53-activating proteins that are regulated by alternative promoters. ..
- Mayfield J, Fiebig A, Johnstone S, Preuss D. Gene families from the Arabidopsis thaliana pollen coat proteome. Science. 2001;292:2482-5 pubmed..Analysis of the syntenic region in Brassica oleracea revealed even greater divergence, but a similar clustering of the genes. Such allelic flexibility may promote speciation in plants. ..
- Beck Engeser G, Monach P, Mumberg D, Yang F, Wanderling S, Schreiber K, et al. Point mutation in essential genes with loss or mutation of the second allele: relevance to the retention of tumor-specific antigens. J Exp Med. 2001;194:285-300 pubmed..Since both L9 and L26 encode proteins essential for ribosomal biogenesis, complete loss of the tumor-specific target antigens in the absence of a normal allele would abrogate tumor growth. ..
- Skaar E, Lazio M, Seifert H. Roles of the recJ and recN genes in homologous recombination and DNA repair pathways of Neisseria gonorrhoeae. J Bacteriol. 2002;184:919-27 pubmed..These results describe the role of recJ and recN in the recombination-dependent processes of the gonococcus and further define the pathways of homologous recombination in this organism...
- Wang W, Brunet F, Nevo E, Long M. Origin of sphinx, a young chimeric RNA gene in Drosophila melanogaster. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:4448-53 pubmed
- Wallner E, Wada J, Lin S, Pan X, Reddy J, Chugh S, et al. Renal gene expression in embryonic and newborn diabetic mice. Exp Nephrol. 2002;10:130-8 pubmed
- Pavlova S, Kilic A, Topisirovic L, Miladinov N, Hatzos C, Tao L. Characterization of a cryptic plasmid from Lactobacillus fermentum KC5b and its use for constructing a stable Lactobacillus cloning vector. Plasmid. 2002;47:182-92 pubmed..As an initial application, pSP1 was used to clone the S-layer protein gene (slpA) of Lactobacillus acidophilus ATCC 4356 into a heterologous vaginal Lactobacillus strain and achieved surface-bound expression of the protein. ..
- Xu L, Olivry T, Chan L. Molecular cloning of a cDNA encoding the porcine type XVII collagen noncollagenous 16 A domain and localization of the domain to the upper part of porcine skin basement membrane zone. Vet Dermatol. 2004;15:146-51 pubmed..Our data provide further information of the porcine bullous pemphigoid target antigen and may help investigators for their further studies of this disease. ..