Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on micrornas in Evanston, Illinois, United States
Locale: Evanston, Illinois, United States
- Li X, Carthew R. A microRNA mediates EGF receptor signaling and promotes photoreceptor differentiation in the Drosophila eye. Cell. 2005;123:1267-77 pubmed..Expression is switched when EGFR signaling transiently triggers Yan degradation. This two-tiered mechanism explains how signal transduction activity can robustly generate a stable change in gene-expression patterns. ..
- Su H, Trombly M, Chen J, Wang X. Essential and overlapping functions for mammalian Argonautes in microRNA silencing. Genes Dev. 2009;23:304-17 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results demonstrate that mammalian Agos all contribute to miRNA silencing, and individual Agos have largely overlapping functions in this process. ..
- Li X, Cassidy J, Reinke C, Fischboeck S, Carthew R. A microRNA imparts robustness against environmental fluctuation during development. Cell. 2009;137:273-82 pubmed publisher..We suggest that some conserved microRNAs like miR-7 may enter into novel genetic relationships to buffer developmental programs against variation and impart robustness to diverse regulatory networks. ..
- Marques J, Kim K, Wu P, Alleyne T, Jafari N, Carthew R. Loqs and R2D2 act sequentially in the siRNA pathway in Drosophila. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2010;17:24-30 pubmed publisher..Loqs is primarily required for dsRNA processing, whereas R2D2 is essential for the subsequent loading of siRNAs into effector Ago-RISC complexes. ..
- Buggele W, Horvath C. MicroRNA profiling of Sendai virus-infected A549 cells identifies miR-203 as an interferon-inducible regulator of IFIT1/ISG56. J Virol. 2013;87:9260-70 pubmed publisher..Results indicate that miR-203 is an IFN-inducible miRNA that can negatively regulate a number of cellular mRNAs, including an IFN-stimulated gene target, IFIT1/ISG56, by destabilizing its mRNA transcript. ..
- Cassidy J, Jha A, Posadas D, Giri R, Venken K, Ji J, et al. miR-9a minimizes the phenotypic impact of genomic diversity by buffering a transcription factor. Cell. 2013;155:1556-67 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal that microRNA-target interactions may be a key mechanism by which the impact of genomic diversity on cell behavior is dampened...