Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on glycoproteins in Chicago, Illinois, United States
Locale: Chicago, Illinois, United States
- Yu X, Wang Q, Guo Y, Dolmer K, Young J, Gettins P, et al. Kinetic analysis of binding interaction between the subgroup A Rous sarcoma virus glycoprotein SU and its cognate receptor Tva: calcium is not required for ligand binding. J Virol. 2003;77:7517-26 pubmed..Thus, these results may have broad implications for the mechanism of protein folding and ligand recognition of the LDL receptor and other members of the LDL receptor superfamily. ..
- Querfeld C, Mehta N, Rosen S, Guitart J, Rademaker A, Gerami P, et al. Alemtuzumab for relapsed and refractory erythrodermic cutaneous T-cell lymphoma: a single institution experience from the Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center. Leuk Lymphoma. 2009;50:1969-76 pubmed publisher..Alemtuzumab is particularly effective in patients with erythrodermic CTCL with acceptable toxicities. Combined strategies with alemtuzumab may achieve molecular remissions with longer response durations. ..
- Parmar S, Rundhaugen L, Boehlke L, Riley M, Nabhan C, Raji A, et al. Phase II trial of arsenic trioxide in relapsed and refractory acute myeloid leukemia, secondary leukemia and/or newly diagnosed patients at least 65 years old. Leuk Res. 2004;28:909-19 pubmed..All subjects had progressive disease. There was no direct treatment-related mortality. Based on this study, we do not recommend single agent ATO as a treatment option for AML. ..
- Badache A, De Vries G. Neurofibrosarcoma-derived Schwann cells overexpress platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF) receptors and are induced to proliferate by PDGF BB. J Cell Physiol. 1998;177:334-42 pubmed..Therefore, aberrant expression of growth factor receptors by Schwann cells, such as the PDGF receptors, could represent an important step in the process leading to Schwann cell hyperplasia in NF1...
- Farooq A, Valyi Nagy T, Shukla D. Mediators and mechanisms of herpes simplex virus entry into ocular cells. Curr Eye Res. 2010;35:445-50 pubmed publisher..We discuss these issues in the context of conjunctivitis, keratitis, acute retinal necrosis, and other ocular diseases. ..
- Blumenthal N, Alves M, Al Huwais S, Hofbauer A, Koperski R. Defect-determined regenerative options for treating periodontal intrabony defects in baboons. J Periodontol. 2003;74:10-24 pubmed..05, ANOVA) and histologically superior healing results over the other therapies tested. These results confirm a defect morphology directed rationale for periodontal intrabony therapy. ..
- Wentz Hunter K, Kubota R, Shen X, Yue B. Extracellular myocilin affects activity of human trabecular meshwork cells. J Cell Physiol. 2004;200:45-52 pubmed..Myocilin in the matrix of tissues could be exerting a similar influence on TM cells in vivo, impacting the flexibility and resilience required for maintenance of the normal aqueous outflow. ..
- LeClair E, Nomellini V, Bahena M, Singleton V, Bingle L, Craven C, et al. Cloning and expression of a mouse member of the PLUNC protein family exclusively expressed in tongue epithelium. Genomics. 2004;83:658-66 pubmed..This expression pattern is consistent with the hypothesis that these proteins protect epithelial surfaces colonized by potentially pathogenic microorganisms. ..
- Nandi S, Ulasov I, Tyler M, Sugihara A, Molinero L, Han Y, et al. Low-dose radiation enhances survivin-mediated virotherapy against malignant glioma stem cells. Cancer Res. 2008;68:5778-84 pubmed publisher..In this study, we have identified a new radioinducible promoter, survivin, which greatly enhances the activity of an oncolytic adenovirus in the presence of low-dose radiotherapy. ..
- Nawabi P, Catron D, Haldar K. Esterification of cholesterol by a type III secretion effector during intracellular Salmonella infection. Mol Microbiol. 2008;68:173-85 pubmed publisher..Our data indicating the molecular activity of SseJ suggest that cholesterol and its esterification at the SCV are functionally important for intracellular bacterial survival...
- Burt R, Testori A, Oyama Y, Rodriguez H, Yaung K, Villa M, et al. Autologous peripheral blood CD133+ cell implantation for limb salvage in patients with critical limb ischemia. Bone Marrow Transplant. 2010;45:111-6 pubmed publisher..08). There was a trend towards the improvement in pain-free treadmill walking time (P=0.13) and exercise capacity (P=0.16) at 1 year. Lower extremity limb salvage was achieved for seven of the nine treated patients. ..
- Eklund E, Goldenberg I, Lu Y, Andrejic J, Kakar R. SHP1 protein-tyrosine phosphatase regulates HoxA10 DNA binding and transcriptional repression activity in undifferentiated myeloid cells. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:36878-88 pubmed..Therefore, increased HoxA10 repression of myeloid gene transcription is a molecular mechanism for SHP1 inhibition of myeloid differentiation. ..
- Vogel S, Minshall R, Pilipović M, Tiruppathi C, Malik A. Albumin uptake and transcytosis in endothelial cells in vivo induced by albumin-binding protein. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2001;281:L1512-22 pubmed..These results show that activation of gp60 in pulmonary microvessels induces albumin uptake and its transport through a non-hydraulic pathway that fits with a model of albumin permeability via the transcellular pathway...
- Sharp A, Polak P, Simonini V, Lin S, Richardson J, Bongarzone E, et al. P2x7 deficiency suppresses development of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis. J Neuroinflammation. 2008;5:33 pubmed publisher..However, the greatly reduced incidence of disease suggests that an initiating event is absent in these mice, and points to a role for astroglial P2x7 in development of EAE disease. ..
- MacLeod H, Pytel P, Wollmann R, Chelmicka Schorr E, Silver K, Anderson R, et al. A novel FKRP mutation in congenital muscular dystrophy disrupts the dystrophin glycoprotein complex. Neuromuscul Disord. 2007;17:285-9 pubmed
- Skidgel R, Davis R, Tan F. Human carboxypeptidase M. Purification and characterization of a membrane-bound carboxypeptidase that cleaves peptide hormones. J Biol Chem. 1989;264:2236-41 pubmed
- Rowe C, Matsuura H, Jardetzky T, Longnecker R. Investigation of the function of the putative self-association site of Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) glycoprotein 42 (gp42). Virology. 2011;415:122-31 pubmed publisher..Using purified gp42, gH/gL, and HLA, we found these proteins associate 1:1:1 by gel filtration suggesting that gp42 dimerization or multimerization does not occur or is a transient event undetectable by our methods. ..
- Decotto E, Ferguson E. A positive role for Short gastrulation in modulating BMP signaling during dorsoventral patterning in the Drosophila embryo. Development. 2001;128:3831-41 pubmed
- Brahmachari S, Pahan K. Myelin basic protein priming reduces the expression of Foxp3 in T cells via nitric oxide. J Immunol. 2010;184:1799-809 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data imply a novel role of NO in suppressing Foxp3(+) Tregs via the soluble guanylyl cyclase pathway. ..
- Roark E, Haldar K. Effects of lysosomal membrane protein depletion on the Salmonella-containing vacuole. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e3538 pubmed publisher..Together, the data suggests that despite its abundance, LAMP-1 is not essential, but LAMP-2 may be partially important for the Salmonella-containing vacuolar membrane. ..
- Shaw P, Kirschner A, Jardetzky T, Longnecker R. Characteristics of Epstein-Barr virus envelope protein gp42. Virus Genes. 2010;40:307-19 pubmed publisher..From structural studies of gp42 unbound and bound to receptor and extensive mutational analysis, a general model of how gp42 triggers membrane fusion utilizing both the flexible N-terminal region and the CTLD domain has emerged...
- Han J, Liu G, Profirovic J, Niu J, Voyno Yasenetskaya T. Zyxin is involved in thrombin signaling via interaction with PAR-1 receptor. FASEB J. 2009;23:4193-206 pubmed publisher..In summary, this study establishes a crucial role of zyxin in thrombin signaling in endothelial cells and provides evidence for a novel PAR-1 signaling pathway mediated by zyxin. ..
- Rao C, Reddy P, Liu Y, O TOOLE E, Reeder D, Foster D, et al. Extracellular matrix-associated serine protease inhibitors (Mr 33,000, 31,000, and 27,000) are single-gene products with differential glycosylation: cDNA cloning of the 33-kDa inhibitor reveals its identity to tissue factor pathway inhibitor-2. Arch Biochem Biophys. 1996;335:82-92 pubmed..None or very little of the inhibitors (0-2%) remained in a conditioned medium. Because they are primarily associated with ECM, the inhibitors may play a major role in ECM remodeling and turnover. ..
- Kohm A, Miller S. Role of ICAM-1 and P-selectin expression in the development and effector function of CD4+CD25+regulatory T cells. J Autoimmun. 2003;21:261-71 pubmed..Collectively, these findings indicate that CD62P may influence T(R)cell differentiation/development and that T(R)cell activation occurs independently of CD54 expression. ..
- Allikian M, McNally E. Processing and assembly of the dystrophin glycoprotein complex. Traffic. 2007;8:177-83 pubmed..Normal sarcolemmal function requires proper DGC synthesis and positioning, and perturbation of the DGC leads to muscle membrane instability and disease. ..
- Liu Y, Sun Y, Chang L, Li N, Li H, Yu Y, et al. Blockade of peanut allergy with a novel Ara h 2-Fc? fusion protein in mice. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2013;131:213-21.e1-5 pubmed publisher..AHG2 inhibited peanut-specific IgE-mediated allergic reactions in vitro and in vivo. Linking specific peanut allergen to Fc? can provide a new approach for the allergen immunotherapy of peanut allergy. ..
- Boice M, Geisert R, Blair R, Verhage H. Identification and characterization of bovine oviductal glycoproteins synthesized at estrus. Biol Reprod. 1990;43:457-65 pubmed..abstract truncated at 250 words) ..
- Ito D, Walker J, Thompson C, Moroz I, Lin W, Veselits M, et al. Characterization of stanniocalcin 2, a novel target of the mammalian unfolded protein response with cytoprotective properties. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:9456-69 pubmed..Consequently, induced STC2 expression is an essential feature of survival component of the UPR. ..
- Ferguson E. Conservation of dorsal-ventral patterning in arthropods and chordates. Curr Opin Genet Dev. 1996;6:424-31 pubmed..Analysis of the action of these genes indicate that Spemann's organizer promotes dorsal cell fates in Xenopus by antagonizing a ventralizing signal encoded by the Bmp4 gene. ..
- Zhou D, Cantu C, Sagiv Y, Schrantz N, Kulkarni A, Qi X, et al. Editing of CD1d-bound lipid antigens by endosomal lipid transfer proteins. Science. 2004;303:523-7 pubmed..LTPs constitute a previously unknown link between lipid metabolism and immunity and are likely to exert a profound influence on the repertoire of self, tumor, and microbial lipid antigens. ..
- Adams E. Lipid presentation by human CD1 molecules and the diverse T cell populations that respond to them. Curr Opin Immunol. 2014;26:1-6 pubmed publisher..Here I review recent advances in Group 1 CD1 lipid presentation, the T cell populations that respond to them and the role of CD1 molecules in engagement of human ?? T cells. ..
- Song W, Zukor H, Liberman A, Kaduri S, Arvanitakis Z, Bennett D, et al. Astroglial heme oxygenase-1 and the origin of corpora amylacea in aging and degenerating neural tissues. Exp Neurol. 2014;254:78-89 pubmed publisher..Glial HO-1 suppression may attenuate bioenergetic failure and slow disease progression in AD and other neurodegenerative conditions featuring accelerated accumulation of CA. ..
- Donnelly K, Fazleabas A, Verhage H, Mavrogianis P, Jaffe R. Cloning of a recombinant complementary DNA to a baboon (Papio anubis) estradiol-dependent oviduct-specific glycoprotein. Mol Endocrinol. 1991;5:356-64 pubmed..abstract truncated at 250 words) ..
- Gao X, Liu Q, Broman M, Predescu D, Frey R, Malik A. Inactivation of CD11b in a mouse transgenic model protects against sepsis-induced lung PMN infiltration and vascular injury. Physiol Genomics. 2005;21:230-42 pubmed..The NIF(+/+) mouse model, in which CD11b is inactivated by binding to NIF, is a potentially useful model for in vivo assessment of the role of PMN CD11b in the mechanism of vascular inflammation. ..
- Jeffs B, Ito M, Yu R, Martinson F, Wang Z, Doglio L, et al. Sertoli cell-specific rescue of fertility, but not testicular pathology, in Dax1 (Ahch)-deficient male mice. Endocrinology. 2001;142:2481-8 pubmed..However, the failure to completely rescue the testicular pathology of Dax1-deficient mice suggests that Dax1 expression in other somatic cells is essential for normal testicular development. ..
- McPartland J, Rothman Denes L. The tail sheath of bacteriophage N4 interacts with the Escherichia coli receptor. J Bacteriol. 2009;191:525-32 pubmed publisher..Immunogold detection of gp65 in vivo complemented virions revealed its localization at the N4 tail. Finally, we show both in vitro and in vivo that gp65 interacts with the previously determined N4 outer membrane receptor, NfrA...
- Wentz Hunter K, Ueda J, Yue B. Protein interactions with myocilin. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2002;43:176-82 pubmed..The interaction of myocilin with RLC, a component of the myosin motor protein complex, implies a role for myocilin in the actomyosin system, linking in turn this novel protein to functional status of the TM. ..
- Ueda J, Wentz Hunter K, Yue B. Distribution of myocilin and extracellular matrix components in the juxtacanalicular tissue of human eyes. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2002;43:1068-76 pubmed..The key finding was the association of myocilin with microfibrillar architecture in sheath-derived plaques where pathologic changes have been documented to occur in eyes of patients with primary open-angle glaucoma. ..
- Tompkins S, Padilla J, Dal Canto M, Ting J, Van Kaer L, Miller S. De novo central nervous system processing of myelin antigen is required for the initiation of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis. J Immunol. 2002;168:4173-83 pubmed
- Kubak B, Potempa L, Anderson B, Mahklouf S, Venegas M, Gewurz H, et al. Evidence that serum amyloid P component binds to mannose-terminated sequences of polysaccharides and glycoproteins. Mol Immunol. 1988;25:851-8 pubmed..These findings indicate that mannose-terminated oligosaccharides of polysaccharides and glycoproteins represent a new class of ligands for SAP and suggest that SAP may function as a mannose-binding protein. ..
- Jackson L, Nawabi P, Hentea C, Roark E, Haldar K. The Salmonella virulence protein SifA is a G protein antagonist. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:14141-6 pubmed publisher..Importantly, binding to SKIP requires SifA residues W197 and E201 of the conserved WxxxE signature sequence, leading to the speculation that bacterial G protein mimicry may result in G protein antagonism. ..
- Mehdi H, Kaplan M, Anlar F, Yang X, Bayer R, Sutherland K, et al. Hepatitis B virus surface antigen binds to apolipoprotein H. J Virol. 1994;68:2415-24 pubmed..The possibility that an interaction between hepatitis B virus particles and lipoprotein particles may facilitate entry of the virus into hepatocytes is discussed. ..
- Shen X, Koga T, Park B, SundarRaj N, Yue B. Rho GTPase and cAMP/protein kinase A signaling mediates myocilin-induced alterations in cultured human trabecular meshwork cells. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:603-12 pubmed..cAMP/PKA activation and the downstream Rho inhibition are possible mechanisms by which myocilin in overabundance may lead to TM cell or tissue damage. ..
- Oshima K, Fehon R. Analysis of protein dynamics within the septate junction reveals a highly stable core protein complex that does not include the basolateral polarity protein Discs large. J Cell Sci. 2011;124:2861-71 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that formation of a stable SJ core complex is separable from its proper subcellular localization, and provide new insights into the complex processes that regulate epithelial polarity and assembly of the SJ. ..
- Charles C, Yoon J, Simske J, Lau L. Genomic structure, cDNA sequence, and expression of gly96, a growth factor-inducible immediate-early gene encoding a short-lived glycosylated protein. Oncogene. 1993;8:797-801 pubmed..We have identified the Gly96 protein in Balb/c 3T3 cells using affinity-purified antibodies recognizing the Gly96 polypeptide. We show that Gly96 is glycosylated and has a short half-life in serum stimulated fibroblasts. ..
- Zeiger W, Ito D, Swetlik C, Oh Hora M, Villereal M, Thinakaran G. Stanniocalcin 2 is a negative modulator of store-operated calcium entry. Mol Cell Biol. 2011;31:3710-22 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, our findings implicate the modulation of SOCE through STC2 expression as one of the prosurvival measures of the unfolded protein response. ..
- Ugolkov A, Eisengart L, Luan C, Yang X. Expression analysis of putative stem cell markers in human benign and malignant prostate. Prostate. 2011;71:18-25 pubmed publisher..To identify potential prostatic stem cells, we analyzed the expression of several potential stem cell markers in benign prostate and prostatic adenocarcinoma...
- Zhang H, Podojil J, Chang J, Luo X, Miller S. TGF-beta-induced myelin peptide-specific regulatory T cells mediate antigen-specific suppression of induction of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis. J Immunol. 2010;184:6629-36 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that Ag-specific iTregs are amplified in vivo when exposed to cognate Ag under inflammatory conditions, and these activated iTregs suppress CD4+ responder T cells in an Ag-specific manner. ..
- Kroczynska B, King Simmons L, Alloza L, Alava M, Elguindi E, Blond S. BIP co-chaperone MTJ1/ERDJ1 interacts with inter-alpha-trypsin inhibitor heavy chain 4. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;338:1467-77 pubmed..This work reveals that the SANT2 domain of HTJ1 is a genuine protein-protein interaction module. ..
- Lowe C, Terasaki M, Wu M, Freeman R, Runft L, Kwan K, et al. Dorsoventral patterning in hemichordates: insights into early chordate evolution. PLoS Biol. 2006;4:e291 pubmed publisher..Finally, since hemichordates develop the mouth on the non-Bmp side, like arthropods but opposite to chordates, the mouth and Bmp-Chordin axis may have rearranged in the chordate line, one relative to the other...
- Ackerman S, Liu L, Kwatia M, Savage M, Leonidas D, Swaminathan G, et al. Charcot-Leyden crystal protein (galectin-10) is not a dual function galectin with lysophospholipase activity but binds a lysophospholipase inhibitor in a novel structural fashion. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:14859-68 pubmed..Our results definitively show that CLC protein is not one of the eosinophil's lysophospholipases but that it does interact with eosinophil lysophospholipases and known inhibitors of this lipolytic activity. ..
- Wentz Hunter K, Ueda J, Shimizu N, Yue B. Myocilin is associated with mitochondria in human trabecular meshwork cells. J Cell Physiol. 2002;190:46-53 pubmed..However, the induced myocilin or myocilin-mitochondria association seems to render the cells more susceptible to a second stress or challenge. This vulnerability may be the basis that ultimately leads to pathological consequences. ..
- Sakai H, Shen X, Koga T, Park B, Noskina Y, Tibudan M, et al. Mitochondrial association of myocilin, product of a glaucoma gene, in human trabecular meshwork cells. J Cell Physiol. 2007;213:775-84 pubmed..These results confirmed the association of myocilin with TM cell mitochondria and indicated that myocilin may have a proapoptotic role in TM cells...
- Sorem J, Jardetzky T, Longnecker R. Cleavage and secretion of Epstein-Barr virus glycoprotein 42 promote membrane fusion with B lymphocytes. J Virol. 2009;83:6664-72 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that cleavage and secretion of gp42 are necessary for the process of membrane fusion with B lymphocytes, providing the first indicated functional difference between full-length and cleaved, secreted gp42. ..
- Kanwar Y, Liu Z, Kumar A, Wada J, Carone F. Cloning of mouse c-ros renal cDNA, its role in development and relationship to extracellular matrix glycoproteins. Kidney Int. 1995;48:1646-59 pubmed..These findings suggest that the c-ros plays a role in the metanephric development, and its effects may be modulated by the ECM macromolecules present at the epithelial-mesenchymal interface. ..
- Adams E. Diverse antigen presentation by the Group 1 CD1 molecule, CD1c. Mol Immunol. 2013;55:182-5 pubmed publisher..Indeed, a substantial percentage (?2%) of the circulating ?? T cell population is reactive to CD1c presenting endogenous antigens, suggesting that this particular Group 1 molecule may play an important role in the human immune response. ..
- Qi C, Kashireddy P, Zhu Y, Rao S, Zhu Y. Null mutation of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-interacting protein in mammary glands causes defective mammopoiesis. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:33696-701 pubmed..We conclude that PRIP is important for normal mammary gland development. ..
- Seshadri S, Lin D, Rosati M, Carter R, Norton J, Suh L, et al. Reduced expression of antimicrobial PLUNC proteins in nasal polyp tissues of patients with chronic rhinosinusitis. Allergy. 2012;67:920-8 pubmed publisher..Decreased SPLUNC1 and LPLUNC2 in NPs reflect a profound decrease in the number of submucosal glands. Decreased glands may lead to a localized defect in the production and release of glandular innate defense molecules. ..
- Park S, Tong M, Jameson J. Distinct roles for steroidogenic factor 1 and desert hedgehog pathways in fetal and adult Leydig cell development. Endocrinology. 2007;148:3704-10 pubmed..In summary, this study provides genetic evidence that combinatorial expression of the paracrine factor Dhh and nuclear transcription factor Sf1 is required for Leydig cell development. ..
- Park B, Tibudan M, Samaraweera M, Shen X, Yue B. Interaction between two glaucoma genes, optineurin and myocilin. Genes Cells. 2007;12:969-79 pubmed..These results indicate that interaction exists between OPTN and MYOC genes. Regulation of MYOC expression by OPTN is achieved primarily through control of the mRNA stability. ..
- Ober C, Tan Z, Sun Y, Possick J, Pan L, Nicolae R, et al. Effect of variation in CHI3L1 on serum YKL-40 level, risk of asthma, and lung function. N Engl J Med. 2008;358:1682-91 pubmed publisher..9 x 10(-3) to 2.5 x 10(-4)). CHI3L1 is a susceptibility gene for asthma, bronchial hyperresponsiveness, and reduced lung function, and elevated circulating YKL-40 levels are a biomarker for asthma and decline in lung function. ..
- Urganus A, Zhao Y, Pachman L. Juvenile dermatomyositis calcifications selectively displayed markers of bone formation. Arthritis Rheum. 2009;61:501-8 pubmed publisher..Osteoclasts at the deposit surface represent an attempt to initiate its resolution. ..
- Girvin A, Dal Canto M, Miller S. CD40/CD40L interaction is essential for the induction of EAE in the absence of CD28-mediated co-stimulation. J Autoimmun. 2002;18:83-94 pubmed..Taken together, our results indicate that CD28-mediated co-stimulation does not regulate immunological anergy. Instead, CD28 appears to adjust the threshold for activation and expansion of autoreactive cells. ..
- Koga T, Shen X, Park J, Qiu Y, Park B, Shyam R, et al. Differential effects of myocilin and optineurin, two glaucoma genes, on neurite outgrowth. Am J Pathol. 2010;176:343-52 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrated that the two glaucoma genes, myocilin and optineurin, exhibited differential effects on neurite outgrowth. They may contribute to the development of neurodegenerative glaucoma via distinct mechanisms. ..
- Zhang Q, Haleem R, Cai X, Wang Z. Identification and characterization of a novel testosterone-regulated prominin-like gene in the rat ventral prostate. Endocrinology. 2002;143:4788-96 pubmed..Taken together, our results argue that PROML2 is a novel proapoptotic membrane protein and its down-regulation may associate with aggressive phenotype of prostate cancer cells. ..
- Shakhsheer B, Anderson M, Khatib K, Tadoori L, Joshi L, Lisacek F, et al. SugarBind database (SugarBindDB): a resource of pathogen lectins and corresponding glycan targets. J Mol Recognit. 2013;26:426-31 pubmed publisher..Enhancements will include the option to display glycans in a variety of formats, including modified 2D condensed IUPAC and symbolic nomenclature. ..
- LeClair E, Nguyen L, Bingle L, MacGowan A, Singleton V, Ward S, et al. Genomic organization of the mouse plunc gene and expression in the developing airways and thymus. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2001;284:792-7 pubmed..Finally, we show that the human homologue is expressed in bronchial epithelium, suggesting a transcript that is evolutionarily conserved in the mammalian airway. ..