Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on genetic transduction in Chicago, Illinois, United States
Locale: Chicago, Illinois, United States
Topic: genetic transduction
- Yu P, Lee Y, Liu W, Chin R, Wang J, Wang Y, et al. Priming of naive T cells inside tumors leads to eradication of established tumors. Nat Immunol. 2004;5:141-9 pubmed..Our study indicates that targeting the tumor barrier may be an effective strategy for cancer immunotherapy. ..
- Zhang C, Chaturvedi D, Jaggar L, Magnuson D, Lee J, Patel T. Regulation of vascular smooth muscle cell proliferation and migration by human sprouty 2. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2005;25:533-8 pubmed..We conclude that TAT-tagged proteins are efficiently transduced into VSMCs in vitro and in vivo, that hSPRY2 inhibits growth and migration of VSMCs, and that this protein can decrease neointimal growth after blood vessel injury. ..
- Markovitz A. A new in vivo termination function for DNA polymerase I of Escherichia coli K12. Mol Microbiol. 2005;55:1867-82 pubmed..To explain these results we propose a new in vivo function for wild-type DNA polymerase I in chromosome termination at site(s) not yet identified. ..
- Poon A, Gu H, Roizman B. ICP0 and the US3 protein kinase of herpes simplex virus 1 independently block histone deacetylation to enable gene expression. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:9993-8 pubmed..We conclude that the U(S)3 protein kinase blocks histone deacetylation by a mechanism distinct from that of ICP0 and that debilitated histone deacetylation contributes to the permissiveness of U2OS cells for DeltaICP0 mutants. ..
- Benetti L, Roizman B. In transduced cells, the US3 protein kinase of herpes simplex virus 1 precludes activation and induction of apoptosis by transfected procaspase 3. J Virol. 2007;81:10242-8 pubmed
- Kaufman H, Kim D, DeRaffele G, Mitcham J, Coffin R, Kim Schulze S. Local and distant immunity induced by intralesional vaccination with an oncolytic herpes virus encoding GM-CSF in patients with stage IIIc and IV melanoma. Ann Surg Oncol. 2010;17:718-30 pubmed publisher..Direct injection of Oncovex(GM-CSF) induces local and systemic antigen-specific T cell responses and decreases Treg, Ts, and MDSC in patients exhibiting therapeutic responses. ..