Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on genetic transcription in Chicago, Illinois, United States
Locale: Chicago, Illinois, United States
Topic: genetic transcription
Publications109 found, 100 shown here
- He R, Sang H, Ye R. Serum amyloid A induces IL-8 secretion through a G protein-coupled receptor, FPRL1/LXA4R. Blood. 2003;101:1572-81 pubmed..The ability of FPRL1/LXA4R to mediate 2 drastically different and opposite functions suggests that it plays a role in the modulation of inflammatory and immune responses. ..
- Narayanan K, Ramachandran A, Hao J, George A. Transcriptional regulation of dentin matrix protein 1 (DMP1) by AP-1 (c-fos/c-jun) factors. Connect Tissue Res. 2002;43:365-71 pubmed..This study demonstrates the role of c-fos and c-jun on the transcriptional regulation of DMP1 gene. ..
- Zhou L, Tan A, Hershenson M. Yersinia YopJ inhibits pro-inflammatory molecule expression in human bronchial epithelial cells. Respir Physiol Neurobiol. 2004;140:89-97 pubmed..Inhibition of bronchial epithelial cell responses by YopJ is consistent with the notion that MAP kinases regulates bronchial epithelial cell pro-inflammatory molecule expression. ..
- Hofmann W, Stojiljkovic L, Fuchsova B, Vargas G, Mavrommatis E, Philimonenko V, et al. Actin is part of pre-initiation complexes and is necessary for transcription by RNA polymerase II. Nat Cell Biol. 2004;6:1094-101 pubmed..Together, these data suggest a fundamental role for actin in the initiation of transcription by RNA polymerase II. ..
- Peng X, Mehta R, Tonetti D, Christov K. Identification of novel RARbeta2 transcript variants with short 5'-UTRs in normal and cancerous breast epithelial cells. Oncogene. 2005;24:1296-301 pubmed..Our data suggest that the RARbeta2 transcript variants with short 5'-UTR may serve as major transcripts for RARbeta2 protein translation as well as potential targets for retinoids in breast cancer prevention and therapy studies. ..
- Yu S, Reddy J. Transcription coactivators for peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2007;1771:936-51 pubmed..Identification of PPAR specific coactivators should further our understanding of the complexities of metabolic diseases associated with energy metabolism. ..
- Burdette J, Woodruff T. Activin and estrogen crosstalk regulates transcription in human breast cancer cells. Endocr Relat Cancer. 2007;14:679-89 pubmed..These studies demonstrate the importance of activin and estrogen crosstalk during mammary cell growth and cancer initiation. ..
- Wuerffel R, Wang L, Grigera F, Manis J, Selsing E, Perlot T, et al. S-S synapsis during class switch recombination is promoted by distantly located transcriptional elements and activation-induced deaminase. Immunity. 2007;27:711-22 pubmed..Thus, the S-S synaptosome is formed as a result of the self-organizing transcription system that regulates GLT expression and may serve to guard against spurious chromosomal translocations. ..
- Huang W, Zhu C, Wang H, Horvath E, Eklund E. The interferon consensus sequence-binding protein (ICSBP/IRF8) represses PTPN13 gene transcription in differentiating myeloid cells. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:7921-35 pubmed publisher..Therefore, these studies identified a mechanism for increased survival of mature myeloid cells in the ICSBP-deficient murine model and in human myeloid malignancies with decreased ICSBP expression. ..
- Chang M, Overk C, Kastrati I, Peng K, Yao P, Qin Z, et al. Estrogenic activity of the equine estrogen metabolite, 4-methoxyequilenin. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2008;617:601-7 pubmed publisher..Methylation of 4-OHEN may not represent a detoxification pathway, since 4-MeOEN is a full estrogen agonist with nanomolar potency. ..
- Wang M, Chen M, Zheng G, Dillard B, Tallarico M, Ortiz Z, et al. Transcriptional activation by growth hormone of HNF-6-regulated hepatic genes, a potential mechanism for improved liver repair during biliary injury in mice. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2008;295:G357-66 pubmed publisher..This was associated with enhanced serum albumin levels. In conclusion, the GH/HNF-6 axis is a potential in vivo mechanism underlying GH diverse function in the liver to modulate the liver repair response to BDL...
- Marjanovic J, Stojanovic A, Brovkovych V, Skidgel R, Du X. Signaling-mediated functional activation of inducible nitric-oxide synthase and its role in stimulating platelet activation. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:28827-34 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, iNOS knock-out mice have prolonged bleeding time, suggesting that this novel mode of regulation of iNOS activity plays a physiologically relevant role in hemostasis. ..
- Shen H, Poirier M, Allen M, North J, Lal R, Widom J, et al. The activation-induced cytidine deaminase (AID) efficiently targets DNA in nucleosomes but only during transcription. J Exp Med. 2009;206:1057-71 pubmed publisher..The experiments also showed that AID targeting any DNA molecule was the limiting step, and they support the conclusion that once targeted to DNA, AID acts processively in naked DNA and DNA organized within transcribed nucleosomes. ..
- Lichter J, Storti R. In vitro transcription analysis of the Drosophila tropomyosin and other muscle genes. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1991;1088:419-24 pubmed..The embryonic extract did, however, contain developmental-specific proteins that bound to the muscle enhancer regulatory region of the Tropomyosin I gene. ..
- Kaufman C, Sinha S, Bolotin D, Fan J, Fuchs E. Dissection of a complex enhancer element: maintenance of keratinocyte specificity but loss of differentiation specificity. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:4293-308 pubmed..Through mixing and matching of these modules, additional levels of specificity are obtained, indicating that both transcriptional repressors and activators govern the specificity. ..
- Qi C, Chang J, Zhu Y, Yeldandi A, Rao S, Zhu Y. Identification of protein arginine methyltransferase 2 as a coactivator for estrogen receptor alpha. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:28624-30 pubmed..In this respect PRMT2 differs from coactivators PRMT1 and CARM1 (coactivator-associated arginine methyltransferase). These results suggest that PRMT2 is a novel ERalpha coactivator. ..
- Barker C, Prüss B, Matsumura P. Increased motility of Escherichia coli by insertion sequence element integration into the regulatory region of the flhD operon. J Bacteriol. 2004;186:7529-37 pubmed..We suggest that IS element insertion may activate transcription of the flhD operon by reducing transcriptional repression. ..
- Zhang Z, Yuan W, Sun L, Szeto F, Wong K, Li X, et al. 1,25-Dihydroxyvitamin D3 targeting of NF-kappaB suppresses high glucose-induced MCP-1 expression in mesangial cells. Kidney Int. 2007;72:193-201 pubmed..Our results suggest that 1,25(OH)2D3 might block hyperglycemia-induced renal injury by blunting NF-kappaB activation. ..
- Khodarev N, Roach P, Pitroda S, Golden D, Bhayani M, Shao M, et al. STAT1 pathway mediates amplification of metastatic potential and resistance to therapy. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e5821 pubmed publisher..New therapies targeted against the IFN/STAT1 signaling pathway may provide an effective strategy to treat or sensitize aggressive tumor clones to conventional cancer therapies and potentially prevent distant organ colonization. ..
- Robey R, Raval B, Ma J, Santos A. Thrombin is a novel regulator of hexokinase activity in mesangial cells. Kidney Int. 2000;57:2308-18 pubmed..As such, thrombin is a novel regulator of HK activity in mesangial cells and may play a role in coupling renal injury to metabolism. ..
- Prüss B, Liu X, Hendrickson W, Matsumura P. FlhD/FlhC-regulated promoters analyzed by gene array and lacZ gene fusions. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2001;197:91-7 pubmed
- Ghannam G, Takeda A, Camarata T, Moore M, Viale A, Yaseen N. The oncogene Nup98-HOXA9 induces gene transcription in myeloid cells. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:866-75 pubmed..Several of the genes regulated by Nup98-HOXA9 are associated with increased cell proliferation and survival as well as drug metabolism, providing insights into the pathogenesis and epidemiology of Nup98-HOXA9-induced AML. ..
- Liu G, Voyno Yasenetskaya T. Radixin stimulates Rac1 and Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent kinase, CaMKII: cross-talk with Galpha13 signaling. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:39042-9 pubmed..In addition, the radixin-CaMKII signaling pathway is involved in Galpha(13)-mediated SRE-dependent gene transcription, suggesting that radixin could be involved in novel signaling pathway regulated by G(13) protein. ..
- Huang Z, Xie H, Ioannidis V, Held W, Clevers H, Sadim M, et al. Transcriptional regulation of CD4 gene expression by T cell factor-1/beta-catenin pathway. J Immunol. 2006;176:4880-7 pubmed..Thus, our results demonstrated that TCF/beta-catenin pathway enhances CD4 expression in vivo by recruiting TCF-1 to stimulate CD4 enhancer activity. ..
- Moir R, Spann T. The structure and function of nuclear lamins: implications for disease. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2001;58:1748-57 pubmed..This review discusses the nature of these mutations and the possible effects of lamin mutations on nuclear function. ..
- Srivastava K, Batra S, Sassano A, Li Y, Majchrzak B, Kiyokawa H, et al. Engagement of protein kinase C-theta in interferon signaling in T-cells. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:29911-20 pubmed..Altogether, these findings demonstrate that PKC-theta is an interferon-inducible kinase and strongly suggest that it plays an important role in the generation of interferon-responses in T-cells. ..
- Jean Baptiste S, O Toole E, Chen M, Guitart J, Paller A, Chan L. Expression of eotaxin, an eosinophil-selective chemokine, parallels eosinophil accumulation in the vesiculobullous stage of incontinentia pigmenti. Clin Exp Immunol. 2002;127:470-8 pubmed..These studies suggest that release of cytokines during the initial inflammatory stage of IP induces epidermal expression of eotaxin, which may play a role in the epidermal accumulation of eosinophils. ..
- Zielinski N, Chakrabarty A, Berry A. Characterization and regulation of the Pseudomonas aeruginosa algC gene encoding phosphomannomutase. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:9754-63 pubmed..Expression of algC was reduced 5.7-fold in an algR1 mutant of P. aeruginosa compared to its isogenic parent strain (lacking the algR1 mutation), suggesting that the algR1 gene product activates the transcription of the algC gene. ..
- Tran P, Nichols B. Expression of Escherichia coli pabA. J Bacteriol. 1991;173:3680-7 pubmed..Disruption of the secondary structure by mutation allowed expression of pabA from P2, as did translation of ribosomes into the fic-pabA intergenic region. ..
- Oh S, Kyo S, Laimins L. Telomerase activation by human papillomavirus type 16 E6 protein: induction of human telomerase reverse transcriptase expression through Myc and GC-rich Sp1 binding sites. J Virol. 2001;75:5559-66 pubmed..This indicates that it is the combinatorial binding of factors to Myc and Sp1 cis elements that is responsible for hTERT induction by E6. ..
- Czipri M, Otto J, Cs Szabo G, Kamath R, Vermes C, Firneisz G, et al. Genetic rescue of chondrodysplasia and the perinatal lethal effect of cartilage link protein deficiency. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:39214-23 pubmed
- Datta A, Nag A, Pan W, Hay N, Gartel A, Colamonici O, et al. Myc-ARF (alternate reading frame) interaction inhibits the functions of Myc. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:36698-707 pubmed..Our results strongly suggest that cMyc is a bona fide target of ARF and that ARF attenuates c-Myc independently of the ARF-p53 axis. ..
- Mitchell J, Cvetanovic M, Tibrewal N, Patel V, Colamonici O, Li M, et al. The presumptive phosphatidylserine receptor is dispensable for innate anti-inflammatory recognition and clearance of apoptotic cells. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:5718-25 pubmed..We conclude that PSR is not involved generally in either specific innate recognition or engulfment of apoptotic cells. ..
- Xie H, Huang Z, Sadim M, Sun Z. Stabilized beta-catenin extends thymocyte survival by up-regulating Bcl-xL. J Immunol. 2005;175:7981-8 pubmed..beta-Catenin/TCF is thus able to act as a signal to up-regulate Bcl-xL levels in DP thymocytes, resulting in their enhanced survival. ..
- Saporita A, Ai J, Wang Z. The Hsp90 inhibitor, 17-AAG, prevents the ligand-independent nuclear localization of androgen receptor in refractory prostate cancer cells. Prostate. 2007;67:509-20 pubmed..Hsp90 is a key regulator of ligand-independent nuclear localization and activation of AR in androgen-refractory prostate cancer cells. ..
- Yang Q, Liu S, Tian Y, Salwen H, Chlenski A, Weinstein J, et al. Methylation-associated silencing of the thrombospondin-1 gene in human neuroblastoma. Cancer Res. 2003;63:6299-310 pubmed..Demethylating agents may prove to be effective candidates for the treatment of children with NB. ..
- Leary D, Terns M, Huang S. Components of U3 snoRNA-containing complexes shuttle between nuclei and the cytoplasm and differentially localize in nucleoli: implications for assembly and function. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:281-93 pubmed
- Hernandez W, Grenade C, Santos E, Bonilla C, Ahaghotu C, Kittles R. IGF-1 and IGFBP-3 gene variants influence on serum levels and prostate cancer risk in African-Americans. Carcinogenesis. 2007;28:2154-9 pubmed..Our study adds clarity and further support to the previous findings, implicating serum IGFBP-3 levels and the IGFBP-3 -202 A/C SNP in prostate carcinogenesis. ..
- Morrisey E, Ip H, Tang Z, Parmacek M. GATA-4 activates transcription via two novel domains that are conserved within the GATA-4/5/6 subfamily. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:8515-24 pubmed..As such these data provide novel insights into the molecular mechanisms that control development of the heart. ..
- Primig M, Williams R, Winzeler E, Tevzadze G, Conway A, Hwang S, et al. The core meiotic transcriptome in budding yeasts. Nat Genet. 2000;26:415-23 pubmed..The transcript profiles correlate with the distribution of defined meiotic promoter elements and with the time of known gene function. ..
- Kamath R, Leary D, Huang S. Nucleocytoplasmic shuttling of polypyrimidine tract-binding protein is uncoupled from RNA export. Mol Biol Cell. 2001;12:3808-20 pubmed..The uncoupling of PTB shuttling and RNA export suggests that the nucleocytoplasmic shuttling of PTB may also play a regulatory role for its functions in the nucleus and cytoplasm. ..
- Tam C, Collinet B, Lau G, Raina S, Missiakas D. Interaction of the conserved region 4.2 of sigma(E) with the RseA anti-sigma factor. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:27282-7 pubmed..A regulatory mechanism is proposed whereby RseA binds to a C-terminal peptide of sigma(E) and inhibits the transcription of Esigma(E) RNA polymerase by blocking promoter recognition. ..
- Misra P, Owuor E, Li W, Yu S, Qi C, Meyer K, et al. Phosphorylation of transcriptional coactivator peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPAR)-binding protein (PBP). Stimulation of transcriptional regulation by mitogen-activated protein kinase. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:48745-54 pubmed..The functional role of PKA and PKC phosphorylation sites in PBP remains to be elucidated. ..
- Page K, Li J, Zhou L, Iasvovskaia S, Corbit K, Soh J, et al. Regulation of airway epithelial cell NF-kappa B-dependent gene expression by protein kinase C delta. J Immunol. 2003;170:5681-9 pubmed..Finally, PKC delta-CAT induced transcription from the GM-CSF, RANTES, and ICAM-1 promoters. Together these data suggest that PKC delta plays a key role in the regulation of airway epithelial cell NF-kappa B-dependent gene expression. ..
- Saberwal G, Broderick E, Janssen I, Shetty V, Alvi S, Lisak L, et al. Involvement of cyclin D1 and E2F1 in intramedullary apoptosis in myelodysplastic syndromes. J Hematother Stem Cell Res. 2003;12:443-50 pubmed..008). Thus, it is possible that in a subset of MDS patients, apoptotic death of bone marrow cells may involve Cyclin D1/E2F1 pathway. ..
- Ramaswamy M, Efimova E, Martinez O, Mulherkar N, Singh S, Prabhakar B. IG20 (MADD splice variant-5), a proapoptotic protein, interacts with DR4/DR5 and enhances TRAIL-induced apoptosis by increasing recruitment of FADD and caspase-8 to the DISC. Oncogene. 2004;23:6083-94 pubmed..These results indicate that IG20 is a novel protein that can enhance TRAIL-induced apoptosis by facilitating DISC formation. ..
- Nie W, Sweetser S, Rinella M, Green R. Transcriptional regulation of murine Slc22a1 (Oct1) by peroxisome proliferator agonist receptor-alpha and -gamma. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2005;288:G207-12 pubmed..These studies may have implication for the uptake of organic cationic drugs and for lipid metabolism. ..
- Liu J, Minemoto Y, Lin A. c-Jun N-terminal protein kinase 1 (JNK1), but not JNK2, is essential for tumor necrosis factor alpha-induced c-Jun kinase activation and apoptosis. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:10844-56 pubmed..TNF-alpha-induced apoptosis was also suppressed in Jnk1 null fibroblasts but increased in Jnk2 null cells. Thus, our results provide a molecular mechanism underlying the different biological functions of JNK isoforms. ..
- Wu W, Pew T, Zou M, Pang D, Conzen S. Glucocorticoid receptor-induced MAPK phosphatase-1 (MPK-1) expression inhibits paclitaxel-associated MAPK activation and contributes to breast cancer cell survival. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:4117-24 pubmed..We conclude that GR-mediated MAPK inactivation contributes to cell survival and that the potential transcriptional targets of this inhibition can be identified from large scale gene array analysis. ..
- Baron B, Zeleznik Le N, Baron M, Theisler C, Huo D, Krasowski M, et al. Repression of the PDCD2 gene by BCL6 and the implications for the pathogenesis of human B and T cell lymphomas. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:7449-54 pubmed..These data confirm PDCD2 as a target of BCL6 and support the concept that repression of PDCD2 by BCL6 is likely important in the pathogenesis of certain human lymphomas. ..
- Kim M, Mason J, Li C, Berkofsky Fessler W, Jiang L, Choubey D, et al. A pathologic link between Wilms tumor suppressor gene, WT1, and IFI16. Neoplasia. 2008;10:69-78 pubmed..These data suggest that IFI16 and WT1, in certain cellular context including sporadic Wilms tumors, may support cell survival. ..
- Chuu C, Chen R, Kokontis J, Hiipakka R, Liao S. Suppression of androgen receptor signaling and prostate specific antigen expression by (-)-epigallocatechin-3-gallate in different progression stages of LNCaP prostate cancer cells. Cancer Lett. 2009;275:86-92 pubmed publisher..Effects of EGCG on tumor PSA expression have the potential to affect accurate monitoring of patient tumor burden by serum PSA measurements. ..
- Fukumoto H, Seino S, Imura H, Seino Y, Eddy R, Fukushima Y, et al. Sequence, tissue distribution, and chromosomal localization of mRNA encoding a human glucose transporter-like protein. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1988;85:5434-8 pubmed..The single-copy gene encoding this glucose transporter-like protein has been localized to the q26.1----q26.3 region of chromosome 3. ..
- Brandstatter I, Kieber J. Two genes with similarity to bacterial response regulators are rapidly and specifically induced by cytokinin in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 1998;10:1009-19 pubmed..This homology, coupled with previously published work on the CKI1 histidine kinase homolog, suggests that these proteins may play a role in early cytokinin signaling. ..
- Yang Q, Dixit B, Wada J, Tian Y, Wallner E, Srivastva S, et al. Identification of a renal-specific oxido-reductase in newborn diabetic mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2000;97:9896-901 pubmed..The identified protein is designated as RSOR because it is renal-specific with properties of an oxido-reductase, and like ALR2 it may be relevant in the renal complications of diabetes mellitus. ..
- Achermann J, Ito M, Silverman B, Habiby R, Pang S, Rosler A, et al. Missense mutations cluster within the carboxyl-terminal region of DAX-1 and impair transcriptional repression. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2001;86:3171-5 pubmed..These data indicate that most DAX1 missense mutations associated with classic AHC exhibit marked loss of function. The locations of these mutations thereby identify important functional domains in the carboxyl-terminus of the protein. ..
- Duan W, Ito M, Park Y, Maizels E, Hunzicker Dunn M, Jameson J. GnRH regulates early growth response protein 1 transcription through multiple promoter elements. Mol Endocrinol. 2002;16:221-33 pubmed..We conclude that GnRH stimulation of Egr-1 gene expression requires several distinct SREs/Ets elements and a cAMP response element and is mediated via activation of PKC/ERK signaling pathways. ..
- Shi B, Levenson V, Gartenhaus R. Identification and characterization of a novel enhancer for the human MCT-1 oncogene promoter. J Cell Biochem. 2003;90:68-79 pubmed..These data are consistent with this sequence behaving as an enhancer. Finally, Southwestern blot analysis revealed a 96-kDa protein capable of binding a probe containing the LMBF binding site. ..
- Peng X, Maruo T, Cao Y, Punj V, Mehta R, Das Gupta T, et al. A novel RARbeta isoform directed by a distinct promoter P3 and mediated by retinoic acid in breast cancer cells. Cancer Res. 2004;64:8911-8 pubmed..In conclusion, we identified and initially characterized RARbeta5 in normal, premalignant, and malignant breast epithelial cells. RARbeta5 may serve as a potential target of retinoids in prevention and therapy studies. ..
- Zhang L, Wang C. F-box protein Skp2: a novel transcriptional target of E2F. Oncogene. 2006;25:2615-27 pubmed..These results reveal Skp2 as a novel target for E2F regulation that is disrupted in several human tumor cell lines. ..
- Davydova E, Santangelo T, Rothman Denes L. Bacteriophage N4 virion RNA polymerase interaction with its promoter DNA hairpin. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:7033-8 pubmed
- Wong T, Sosnick T, Pan T. Folding of noncoding RNAs during transcription facilitated by pausing-induced nonnative structures. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:17995-8000 pubmed..This polymerase-based mechanism may result in portions of noncoding RNA sequences being evolutionarily conserved for efficient folding during transcription. ..
- Yue L, Christman J, Mazzone T. Tumor necrosis factor-alpha-mediated suppression of adipocyte apolipoprotein E gene transcription: primary role for the nuclear factor (NF)-kappaB pathway and NFkappaB p50. Endocrinology. 2008;149:4051-8 pubmed publisher..The suppression of adipocyte apoE by the proinflammatory adipose tissue milieu associated with obesity will have important downstream effects on adipocyte triglyceride turnover and content. ..
- Ondracek C, Rushing C, Reese V, Oropeza C, McLachlan A. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma Coactivator 1alpha and small heterodimer partner differentially regulate nuclear receptor-dependent hepatitis B virus biosynthesis. J Virol. 2009;83:12535-44 pubmed publisher..Additionally, this functional approach may help to distinguish the transcription factors in various liver cells governing viral biosynthesis under a variety of physiologically relevant conditions. ..
- Wong W, Tiano J, Liu S, Hewitt S, Le May C, Dalle S, et al. Extranuclear estrogen receptor-alpha stimulates NeuroD1 binding to the insulin promoter and favors insulin synthesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:13057-62 pubmed publisher..This study supports the importance of ERalpha in beta cells as a regulator of insulin synthesis in vivo. ..
- Tan Y, Yoshida Y, Hughes D, Costa R. Increased expression of hepatocyte nuclear factor 6 stimulates hepatocyte proliferation during mouse liver regeneration. Gastroenterology. 2006;130:1283-300 pubmed..These mouse liver regeneration studies show that increased HNF6 levels stimulate hepatocyte proliferation through transcriptional induction of cell cycle regulatory genes. ..
- Pereira L, Yi F, Merrill B. Repression of Nanog gene transcription by Tcf3 limits embryonic stem cell self-renewal. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:7479-91 pubmed..These new data support a model wherein Tcf3-mediated control of Nanog levels allows stem cells to balance the creation of lineage-committed and undifferentiated cells. ..
- Hummel M, Yan S, Li Z, Varghese T, Abecassis M. Transcriptional reactivation of murine cytomegalovirus ie gene expression by 5-aza-2'-deoxycytidine and trichostatin A in latently infected cells despite lack of methylation of the major immediate-early promoter. J Gen Virol. 2007;88:1097-102 pubmed
- Roche A, Bassett B, Samant S, Hong W, Blobel G, Svensson E. The zinc finger and C-terminal domains of MTA proteins are required for FOG-2-mediated transcriptional repression via the NuRD complex. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2008;44:352-60 pubmed..Together, these results demonstrate the importance of FOG-2/MTA/RbAp interactions for FOG-2-mediated transcriptional repression and further define the molecular interactions between the FOG Repression Motif and the NuRD complex. ..
- Li L, Oropeza C, Sainz B, Uprichard S, Gonzalez F, McLachlan A. Developmental regulation of hepatitis B virus biosynthesis by hepatocyte nuclear factor 4alpha. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e5489 pubmed publisher..The dependency of HBV transcription on HNF4alpha links viral biosynthesis and persistence to a developmentally regulated transcription factor essential for host viability. ..
- Deretic V, Dikshit R, Konyecsni W, Chakrabarty A, Misra T. The algR gene, which regulates mucoidy in Pseudomonas aeruginosa, belongs to a class of environmentally responsive genes. J Bacteriol. 1989;171:1278-83 pubmed..These findings indicate that novel conditions in lungs affected by cystic fibrosis may be participating in the control of mucoidy. ..
- Fukumoto H, Kayano T, Buse J, Edwards Y, Pilch P, Bell G, et al. Cloning and characterization of the major insulin-responsive glucose transporter expressed in human skeletal muscle and other insulin-responsive tissues. J Biol Chem. 1989;264:7776-9 pubmed
- Sibley M, Johnson J, Mello C, Kramer J. Genetic identification, sequence, and alternative splicing of the Caenorhabditis elegans alpha 2(IV) collagen gene. J Cell Biol. 1993;123:255-64 pubmed..This shift in expression of alternative alpha 2(IV) collagen transcripts suggests that C. elegans embryos may require a different form of alpha 2(IV) collagen than do larvae and adults. ..
- Wuerffel R, Ma L, Kenter A. NF-kappa B p50-dependent in vivo footprints at Ig S gamma 3 DNA are correlated with mu-->gamma 3 switch recombination. J Immunol. 2001;166:4552-9 pubmed..These studies provide evidence of nucleoprotein interactions at switch DNA in vivo and suggest a direct interaction of p50 with S gamma 3 DNA that is strongly correlated with SR competence. ..
- Hofmann W, Johnson T, Klapczynski M, Fan J, de Lanerolle P. From transcription to transport: emerging roles for nuclear myosin I. Biochem Cell Biol. 2006;84:418-26 pubmed..Moreover, this movement is based on an active and directed process that is facilitated by an acto-NMI complex, establishing for the first time a functional role for a motor complex consisting of actin and a myosin in the nucleus. ..
- Amin M, Ghannad L, Othman A, Gill R, Dudeja P, Ramaswamy K, et al. Transcriptional regulation of the human Na+/H+ exchanger NHE3 by serotonin in intestinal epithelial cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;382:620-5 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that 5-HT suppresses the transcriptional activity of the NHE3 promoter and this effect may be mediated by PKCalpha and modulation of DNA-binding affinities of Sp1 and Sp3. ..
- Tang F, Kokontis J, Lin Y, Liao S, Lin A, Xiang J. Androgen via p21 inhibits tumor necrosis factor alpha-induced JNK activation and apoptosis. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:32353-8 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal a novel cross-talk between androgen x AR and JNK, thereby providing a molecular mechanism underlying the survival function of androgen. ..
- Clay B, Shilling R, Bandukwala H, Moore T, Cannon J, Welcher A, et al. Inducible costimulator expression regulates the magnitude of Th2-mediated airway inflammation by regulating the number of Th2 cells. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e7525 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that in both mice and humans, the level of ICOS surface expression regulates the magnitude of the in vivo Th2 response, perhaps by influencing Th2 differentiation. ..
- Tran P, Bannor T, Doktor S, Nichols B. Chromosomal organization and expression of Escherichia coli pabA. J Bacteriol. 1990;172:397-410 pubmed..The significance of these results and possible posttranscriptional control mechanisms which affect PabA expression from the P2-initiated polycistronic unit are discussed. ..
- Gopalakrishnan L, Scarpulla R. Structure, expression, and chromosomal assignment of the human gene encoding nuclear respiratory factor 1. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:18019-25 pubmed..These analyses should be useful in evaluating the potential role of NRF-1 in mitochondrial diseases resulting from defects in the nuclear control of mitochondrial function. ..
- Shozu M, Sebastian S, Takayama K, Hsu W, Schultz R, Neely K, et al. Estrogen excess associated with novel gain-of-function mutations affecting the aromatase gene. N Engl J Med. 2003;348:1855-65 pubmed
- Wang C, Norton J, Ghosh S, Kim J, Fushimi K, Wu J, et al. Polypyrimidine tract-binding protein (PTB) differentially affects malignancy in a cell line-dependent manner. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:20277-87 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that PTB is not oncogenic and can either promote or antagonize a malignant trait dependent upon the specific intra-cellular environment. ..
- Palka Hamblin H, Gierut J, Bie W, Brauer P, Zheng Y, Asara J, et al. Identification of beta-catenin as a target of the intracellular tyrosine kinase PTK6. J Cell Sci. 2010;123:236-45 pubmed publisher..The ability of PTK6 to negatively regulate beta-catenin/TCF transcription by modulating levels of TCF4 and TLE/Groucho could contribute to its growth-inhibitory activities in vivo. ..
- Schwan W, Seifert H, Duncan J. Growth conditions mediate differential transcription of fim genes involved in phase variation of type 1 pili. J Bacteriol. 1992;174:2367-75 pubmed..In contrast, the pattern of expression of these genes in agar phase-variable strain 2-7 did not differ between broth- and agar-grown cells. ..
- Reddy P, Nemali M, Reddy M, Reddy M, Yuan P, Yuen S, et al. Isolation and sequence determination of a cDNA clone for rat peroxisomal urate oxidase: liver-specific expression in the rat. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1988;85:9081-5 pubmed..Analysis of human genomic DNA revealed restriction fragments that are homologous to rat UOxase cDNA, although no UOxase mRNA was detected in human liver. ..
- Newman D, Shapiro J. Differential fiu-lacZ fusion regulation linked to Escherichia coli colony development. Mol Microbiol. 1999;33:18-32 pubmed..A simple model for differential fiu'-'lacZ regulation is proposed whereby iron accessibility changes during colony morphogenesis. ..
- Hirano M, Hung W, Cole N, Azim A, Deng H, Siddique T. Multiple transcripts of the human Cu,Zn superoxide dismutase gene. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2000;276:52-6 pubmed..These findings suggest that the splice variants may contribute to a physiological function of SOD1 or to a pathological mechanism in ALS. ..