Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on genetic complementation test in Chicago, Illinois, United States
Locale: Chicago, Illinois, United States
Topic: genetic complementation test
- Kurnasov O, Goral V, Colabroy K, Gerdes S, Anantha S, Osterman A, et al. NAD biosynthesis: identification of the tryptophan to quinolinate pathway in bacteria. Chem Biol. 2003;10:1195-204 pubmed..Representative examples of each of these genes were overexpressed, and the predicted functions are confirmed in each case using unambiguous biochemical assays...
- Boyden L, Vincent N, Zhou J, Hu R, Craiglow B, Bayliss S, et al. Mutations in KDSR Cause Recessive Progressive Symmetric Erythrokeratoderma. Am J Hum Genet. 2017;100:978-984 pubmed publisher..Systemic isotretinoin therapy has achieved nearly complete resolution in the two probands in whom it has been applied, consistent with the effects of retinoic acid on alternative pathways for ceramide generation. ..
- Gr ndling A, Schneewind O. Synthesis of glycerol phosphate lipoteichoic acid in Staphylococcus aureus. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:8478-83 pubmed publisher..Thus, LtaS inhibition can be used as a target to treat human infections caused by antibiotic-resistant S. aureus or other bacterial pathogens...
- Veyrieras J, Kudaravalli S, Kim S, Dermitzakis E, Gilad Y, Stephens M, et al. High-resolution mapping of expression-QTLs yields insight into human gene regulation. PLoS Genet. 2008;4:e1000214 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest an important role for mRNA stability in determining steady-state mRNA levels, and highlight the potential of eQTL mapping as a high-resolution tool for studying the determinants of gene regulation. ..
- Dobritsa A, Lei Z, Nishikawa S, Urbanczyk Wochniak E, Huhman D, Preuss D, et al. LAP5 and LAP6 encode anther-specific proteins with similarity to chalcone synthase essential for pollen exine development in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2010;153:937-55 pubmed publisher..Finally, the genetic interaction between LAP5 and an anther gene involved in fatty acid hydroxylation (CYP703A2) demonstrated that they act synergistically in exine production. ..
- Harris R, Finlayson C, Weiss J, Fisher L, Hurley L, Barrett T, et al. A missense mutation in LRR8 of RXFP2 is associated with cryptorchidism. Mamm Genome. 2010;21:442-9 pubmed publisher..The ENU-induced D294G mutation underscores the role of the INSL3/RXFP2-mediated pathway in testicular descent and expands the repertoire of mutations known to affect receptor trafficking and function...
- Singh P, Brooks J, Ray V, Mandel M, Visick K. CysK Plays a Role in Biofilm Formation and Colonization by Vibrio fischeri. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2015;81:5223-34 pubmed publisher..Finally, our data reveal a role for cysK in symbiotic colonization by V. fischeri. Although many questions remain, this work provides insights into additional factors required for biofilm formation and colonization by V. fischeri. ..
- Aldrich T, Chakrabarty A. Transcriptional regulation, nucleotide sequence, and localization of the promoter of the catBC operon in Pseudomonas putida. J Bacteriol. 1988;170:1297-304 pubmed..The catBC promoter was compared with other positively regulated procaryotic promoters to identify possible consensus sequences...
- Connolly D, Winkler M. Genetic and physiological relationships among the miaA gene, 2-methylthio-N6-(delta 2-isopentenyl)-adenosine tRNA modification, and spontaneous mutagenesis in Escherichia coli K-12. J Bacteriol. 1989;171:3233-46 pubmed..In addition, the results are consistent with the idea that mechanisms exist to increase spontaneous mutation frequency when cells need to adapt to environmental stress. ..
- Vaskova M, Bentley A, Marshall S, Reid P, Thummel C, Andres A. Genetic analysis of the Drosophila 63F early puff. Characterization of mutations in E63-1 and maggie, a putative Tom22. Genetics. 2000;156:229-44 pubmed..We show that mge mutations lead to first-instar larval lethality and that Mge protein is similar to the Tom22 mitochondrial import proteins of fungi, suggesting that it has a role in mitochondrial function. ..
- Roy A, Solodovnikova N, Nicholson T, Antholine W, Walden W. A novel eukaryotic factor for cytosolic Fe-S cluster assembly. EMBO J. 2003;22:4826-35 pubmed..Consistent with a cytosolic site of activity, Cfd1p was localized in the cytoplasm. To our knowledge, Cfd1p is the first cytoplasmic Fe-S cluster assembly factor described in eukaryotes. ..
- Lam H, Tancula E, Dempsey W, Winkler M. Suppression of insertions in the complex pdxJ operon of Escherichia coli K-12 by lon and other mutations. J Bacteriol. 1992;174:1554-67 pubmed..A model to account for the action of dpj suppressors is presented, and aspects of this genetic analysis are related to the pyridoxal 5'-phosphate biosynthetic pathway. ..
- Haun C, Alexander J, Stainier D, Okkema P. Rescue of Caenorhabditis elegans pharyngeal development by a vertebrate heart specification gene. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:5072-5 pubmed..5 and ceh-22 provide a single conserved molecular function. Further, they suggest that an evolutionarily conserved mechanism underlies heart development in vertebrates and insects and pharyngeal development in nematodes. ..
- LeCuyer B, Criss A, Seifert H. Genetic characterization of the nucleotide excision repair system of Neisseria gonorrhoeae. J Bacteriol. 2010;192:665-73 pubmed publisher..We conclude that NER functions are conserved in N. gonorrhoeae and are important for the DNA repair capabilities of this strict human pathogen...
- Criss A, Bonney K, Chang R, Duffin P, LeCuyer B, Seifert H. Mismatch correction modulates mutation frequency and pilus phase and antigenic variation in Neisseria gonorrhoeae. J Bacteriol. 2010;192:316-25 pubmed publisher..The differential effects of MMC and uvrD in gonococci unexpectedly reveal that MMC can function independently of uvrD in this human-specific pathogen...
- Mobley E, Kunkel B, Keith B. Identification, characterization and comparative analysis of a novel chorismate mutase gene in Arabidopsis thaliana. Gene. 1999;240:115-23 pubmed..Together, these data suggest that each isoform may play a distinct physiological role in coordinating chorismate mutase activity with developmental and environmental signals. ..
- Mehr I, Long C, Serkin C, Seifert H. A homologue of the recombination-dependent growth gene, rdgC, is involved in gonococcal pilin antigenic variation. Genetics. 2000;154:523-32 pubmed..The requirement of RdgC for efficient pilin variation suggests a role for this protein in specialized DNA recombination reactions...
- Sawamura K, Davis A, Wu C. Genetic analysis of speciation by means of introgression into Drosophila melanogaster. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2000;97:2652-5 pubmed..The extent of interspecific genetic divergence underlying hybrid male sterility, especially in contrast with the low degree of inviability and female sterility, is far greater than expected from previous studies. ..
- Stohl E, Blount L, Seifert H. Differential cross-complementation patterns of Escherichia coli and Neisseria gonorrhoeae RecA proteins. Microbiology. 2002;148:1821-31 pubmed..Co-expression of the E. coli recA and recX genes in Gc suggests that in this heterologous system RecX modulates RecA-mediated processes. ..
- Markovitz A. A new in vivo termination function for DNA polymerase I of Escherichia coli K12. Mol Microbiol. 2005;55:1867-82 pubmed..To explain these results we propose a new in vivo function for wild-type DNA polymerase I in chromosome termination at site(s) not yet identified. ..
- Skaar E, Lecuyer B, Lenich A, Lazio M, Perkins Balding D, Seifert H, et al. Analysis of the Piv recombinase-related gene family of Neisseria gonorrhoeae. J Bacteriol. 2005;187:1276-86 pubmed..ISNgo2 is located at multiple loci on the chromosome of N. gonorrhoeae, and ISNgo3 is found in single and duplicate copies in the N. gonorrhoeae and Neisseria meningitidis genomes, respectively. ..
- Qian Z, Huang H, Hong J, Burck C, Johnston S, Berman J, et al. Yeast Ty1 retrotransposition is stimulated by a synergistic interaction between mutations in chromatin assembly factor I and histone regulatory proteins. Mol Cell Biol. 1998;18:4783-92 pubmed..A model explaining the synergistic interaction between cac and hir mutations in terms of alterations in chromatin structure is proposed. ..
- Robey M, Cianciotto N. Legionella pneumophila feoAB promotes ferrous iron uptake and intracellular infection. Infect Immun. 2002;70:5659-69 pubmed..These data represent the first evidence for the importance of ferrous iron transport for intracellular replication by a human pathogen...
- Billips B, Schaeffer A, Klumpp D. Molecular basis of uropathogenic Escherichia coli evasion of the innate immune response in the bladder. Infect Immun. 2008;76:3891-900 pubmed publisher..Thus, UPEC evasion of innate immune detection of bacterial components, such as lipopolysaccharide and peptidoglycan fragments, is likely an important factor in the ability of UPEC to colonize the urinary tract. ..
- Fears S, Chakrabarti S, Nucifora G, Rowley J. Differential expression of TCL1 during pre-B-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia progression. Cancer Genet Cytogenet. 2002;135:110-9 pubmed..TCL1 expression was correlated with TEL expression by reintroducing TEL into AT-2 cells and demonstrating that those cells expressing TEL at high levels showed a decreased expression of endogenous TCL1. ..
- Lee J, Edwards C, Hulett F. Identification of four unique clones encoding 10 kDa proteins from Bacillus that cause phenotypic complementation of a phoA mutant strain of Escherichia coli. J Gen Microbiol. 1991;137:667-77 pubmed..It is clear that phenotypic complementation with cloned DNA from another genus does not ensure the identification of an APase gene. Possible mechanisms for the abnormal phenotypic complementation are discussed. ..
- Panepinto J, Komperda K, Frases S, Park Y, Djordjevic J, Casadevall A, et al. Sec6-dependent sorting of fungal extracellular exosomes and laccase of Cryptococcus neoformans. Mol Microbiol. 2009;71:1165-76 pubmed publisher..These results provide the first molecular evidence for the existence of fungal exosomes and associate these vesicles with the virulence of C. neoformans...
- Chan S, Nakagawa S, Steiner D. Complementation analysis demonstrates that insulin cross-links both alpha subunits in a truncated insulin receptor dimer. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:13754-8 pubmed..These results demonstrate that a single insulin molecule can contact both alpha subunits in the insulin receptor dimer during high affinity binding and this property may be an important feature for receptor signaling...
- Medina K, Pongubala J, Reddy K, Lancki D, Dekoter R, Kieslinger M, et al. Assembling a gene regulatory network for specification of the B cell fate. Dev Cell. 2004;7:607-17 pubmed..1-/- or EBF-/- progenitors. Pax-5 expression and function are contingent on EBF. Based on these results, we propose a hierarchical regulatory network for specification and commitment to the B cell fate. ..
- Shinabarger D, May T, Boyd A, Ghosh M, Chakrabarty A. Nucleotide sequence and expression of the Pseudomonas aeruginosa algF gene controlling acetylation of alginate. Mol Microbiol. 1993;9:1027-35 pubmed..We show that a plasmid containing both the algF and algA gene complements the alginate acetylation defect of the algF mutant strain. ..
- Wang J, Foster A, Chin R, Yu P, Sun Y, Wang Y, et al. The complementation of lymphotoxin deficiency with LIGHT, a newly discovered TNF family member, for the restoration of secondary lymphoid structure and function. Eur J Immunol. 2002;32:1969-79 pubmed..These findings uncover the potential interaction between LIGHT and one of its receptors, LTbetaR, in supporting even in the absence of LT the development and maintenance of lymphoid microenvironment. ..